PDA

View Full Version : Suites @ Sims

property_finder
03-10-10, 12:05
Any comments on a new FH project called Suites @ Sims located at 468 Sims Ave, Singapore 387544.

1 Block, 5 storeys, 48 units and advertised to be near future PayaLebar Commercial Hub and MRT.

http://www.propertylaunch.sg/Singapore%20Property%20New%20Launch/[email protected]

Thank You.

fiat500
03-10-10, 15:46
another mickey mouse project! another 'suites'. every other new project is a suites,cant they figure out some other names? btw,units are all NW facing n its gona b helluva noisy day n night facing the main road..:doh:

Wild Falcon
03-10-10, 19:41
Actually "suites" conjure up image of small hotel rooms which seem an appropriate name for MM. You will notice most "Suites" are MM shoeboxes.

You can bet your bottom dollar every other new launch in D15 and D14 will be dominated by MM to cater for a significant group of low-budget buyers in these areas. This trend has happened for more than a year and has spread to other eastern regions like D16, D19, D13 as well. I guess demand for such dorm-like apartments cheaper than HDB flats still fairly strong. In addition, I believe developers no longer have the confidence to build normal units in these districts any more. If build standard unit in D15, may have to lower PSF to keep quantum affordable - that's what most developers try to avoid, esp in D14 and D15. So the only way to go is to keep units very small.

azeoprop
03-10-10, 22:19
yah, even new full condos everywhere have downsized.
e.g.
2 bedders old standard was 1000sqft dropped to 850sqft and now dropped to 750sqft

property_finder
04-10-10, 00:48
This project has 3 units of SOHO (mixed residential and commercial) units on level 2.

I wonder whether is it appropriate for businesses with occasional visiting customers to be located here?

Will customers view businesses located in an apartment as a lower cost setups compared to those located in a commercial space?

Fleur
17-10-10, 01:02
Heard that the VVIP launch is coming Monday 18 Oct. Wonder how it will go....

devilplate
17-10-10, 01:07
Heard that the VVIP launch is coming Monday 18 Oct. Wonder how it will go....

sell out again lor...wat u expect:p

DC33_2008
17-10-10, 10:56
Another MM development:doh: Is the launch price $1000psf?

Fleur
17-10-10, 11:54
Yes, it should be. Bank loans are not a problem. Seems that it is opposite Central Grove.

mcmlxxvi
17-10-10, 12:28
I think the agents are all too bz to reply here. Launch prices from 490k up, 13xx to 14xx psf. Good luck.

property_finder
18-10-10, 01:11
Is it true that SOHO units in this development need to apply with URA every 3 years in order to use unit for business due to the mixed zoning? There could be a possibility URA may not approve if there are valid complains about the business??

mcmlxxvi
18-10-10, 13:18
VVIP should be in progress now or balloting over. Any agents or buyers or kaypos wanna share the sale response?

proud owner
18-10-10, 13:23
Another MM development:doh: Is the launch price $1000psf?

its sonear Geylang ... 1000 psf ?

then those FH condos near lor 28-36 all chiong also lah ?

proud owner
18-10-10, 13:24
Is it true that SOHO units in this development need to apply with URA every 3 years in order to use unit for business due to the mixed zoning? There could be a possibility URA may not approve if there are valid complains about the business??

SOHO = Small office, home office ?

or the real origin of SOHO = South of Houston ....

mcmlxxvi
18-10-10, 14:01
its sonear Geylang ... 1000 psf ?

then those FH condos near lor 28-36 all chiong also lah ?

No, as I said above - 13xx-14xxpsf!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fleur
18-10-10, 14:46
I received an update from an agent. Launch price from 445k upwards. About 1180 psf... Heard that there is going to be another new launch along Lor 39, near to the Paya Lebar MRT interchange.

mcmlxxvi
18-10-10, 15:01
I received an update from an agent. Launch price from 445k upwards. About 1180 psf... Heard that there is going to be another new launch along Lor 39, near to the Paya Lebar MRT interchange.

This the People's Mansion site. Should be bigger than Suites @ Sims.

mcmlxxvi
18-10-10, 15:20

Last 3 units 1BR left from 450k .... .. . :-O

Fleur
18-10-10, 15:49
No, it is not People's Mansion. That is at Lor 31. I think the Lor 39 site is better as it is closer to Paya Lebar MRT.

mcmlxxvi
18-10-10, 16:20
No, it is not People's Mansion. That is at Lor 31. I think the Lor 39 site is better as it is closer to Paya Lebar MRT.

Oh I stand corrected! Agreed. Agent updated me balloting closed. Now is attack left over units...

devilplate
18-10-10, 16:56
the funny thing is ppl r balloting to buy 1200psf MM in geylang whereas bigger units r struggling at 6xxpsf

mcmlxxvi
18-10-10, 17:16
the funny thing is ppl r balloting to buy 1200psf MM in geylang whereas bigger units r struggling at 6xxpsf

New is always better. To put it very crudely (I beg forgiveness but can't resist) find wife also people like to find virgin right?

Wild Falcon
18-10-10, 17:18
Virgin? Which generation do you belong to?

New is always better. To put it very crudely (I beg forgiveness but can't resist) find wife also people like to find virgin right?

mcmlxxvi
18-10-10, 17:42
Virgin? Which generation do you belong to?

X... the last time I checked. :P

proud owner
18-10-10, 20:43

exactly ....

goes to show ..how much money these people have ... only looking at quantum ..

Fleur
18-10-10, 21:54
Well, as one of my friends put it.... Smaller quantum means smaller loan smaller risks. People who buy such MM are in for the longer haul as they have to wait longer for the psf to increase. They also target the expatriates who are here on more local terms which means that they do not hefty housing allowances. In HK, they consider 40sqm and above.... medium sized condo!

smurfzzz
20-10-10, 10:50
Anyone knows what is the psf of the 700+ sqft penthouse?

devilplate
20-10-10, 10:56
Well, as one of my friends put it.... Smaller quantum means smaller loan smaller risks. People who buy such MM are in for the longer haul as they have to wait longer for the psf to increase. They also target the expatriates who are here on more local terms which means that they do not hefty housing allowances. In HK, they consider 40sqm and above.... medium sized condo!

no matter how small....still can rent out de....make sure it doesnt get smaller den a HDB common room....lol:D

HK: 400sqft effectively ard 350sqft rite bcoz they goto pay for common areas

devilplate
20-10-10, 10:59
recently, i noticed chickens also camp at odd lorongs 31+ :scared-1:

overwhelming demand and supply

Fleur
21-10-10, 00:27
Anyone knows what is the psf of the 700+ sqft penthouse?

I believe about $900 psf.

Fleur
21-10-10, 00:28
recently, i noticed chickens also camp at odd lorongs 31+ :scared-1:

overwhelming demand and supply

Don't think that is allowed/ tolerated by the police...?

proud owner
21-10-10, 00:40
Don't think that is allowed/ tolerated by the police...?

why would spore reject Foreign talents ?

we welcome them with open arms ... they reciprocate with open legs

devilplate
21-10-10, 00:44
Population increasing leh so red hot area spilling over to nearby lorongs. Great demand for chicksss. Geyokt huat liao lor

Fleur
21-10-10, 11:56
Talking about such foreign talent... I think our local police is doing a not-so-good job managing them. Wan Chai in HK also has prostitution, but the public infrastructure mantainence and reputation of that area seem to be better. Perhaps, due to romanticalised story of "The World of Suzie Wong", which had the setting there.

wenqing
15-11-10, 00:52
I heard this was sold out within a week and no signs of sub-sale yet.

wenqing
17-11-10, 23:37
My agent told me this development is build below plot ratio which allows 36 stories and is near future Paya Lebar CBD which explains no sub-sale.The buyers are holding it.

Is it true?

kaizhe
18-11-10, 02:45
My agent told me this development is build below plot ratio which allows 36 stories and is near future Paya Lebar CBD which explains no sub-sale.The buyers are holding it.

Is it true?

Dun think so, the plot ratio shouldn't be so high. No subsale because the psf is quite high, ppl rather hold it for some time to get higher profit if possible.

kaizhe
18-11-10, 02:46
I heard this was sold out within a week and no signs of sub-sale yet.

u wan buy is it? I can sell you if u offer me a good price :cheers1:

wenqing
20-11-10, 21:48
u wan buy is it? I can sell you if u offer me a good price :cheers1:

No money.:beats-me-man:

hyenergix
21-11-10, 06:43
I thought of buying a unit but the psf is too high, the units facing are east-west and there are very little facilites. I can't imagine for own stay, so probably the future tenants may not pay a good price.

wenqing
21-11-10, 12:39
I thought of buying a unit but the psf is too high, the units facing are east-west and there are very little facilites. I can't imagine for own stay, so probably the future tenants may not pay a good price.

I think development like Suites @ Sims are classified as apartments and not condominiums.

Apartments usually have no facilities or minimal facilities as it houses tens of units compare to condominiums which usually need facilities as it houses a few hundred units.

I have checked out that Suites @ Sims are all North-South Facing so no sun.

http://www.propertylaunch.sg/Singapore%20Property%20New%20Launch/[email protected]

The one that is East-West Facing is Suites @ Eunos which opened one month later. Do not get confused.

http://www.propertylaunch.sg/Singapore%20Property%20New%20Launch/Suites%20Eunos.php

Look at Property Site Map from Top View to see the compass.

There are alot of developments starting with Suites these days.

Some people do not like mass-market condominiums as it squeezed hundreds of units and thousands of people into a limited space and limited square area.

The roads connecting the condominiums are always jammed in the morning and evening as many cars leave and come back at same time. Faber Crest is like that.

Over time, mass-market condos will look like HDB Flats. Look at Rosewood, Rivervale Crest etc.

Some people prefer to quietness, privacy and simplicity rather than bustle so choose apartments as it usually is less than 100 units and they seldom have time to use facilities anyway.

Apartments will enbloc easier as there are less occupants to deal with compare to big size condominiums.

Horizon Towers fiasco is a good example.

There are many expats, retirees and locals renting apartments because of its quietness, privacy and less neighbours .

I also got mix up between apartments and condominiums when I first started to look for house then I slowly learn.

It is up to individual liking , no right or wrong.

kaizhe
23-11-10, 01:05
I think development like Suites @ Sims are classified as apartments and not condominiums.

Apartments usually have no facilities or minimal facilities as it houses tens of units compare to condominiums which usually need facilities as it houses a few hundred units.

I have checked out that Suites @ Sims are all North-South Facing so no sun.

The one that is East-West Facing is Suites @ Eunos which opened one month later. Do not get confused.

http://www.propertylaunch.sg/Singapore%20Property%20New%20Launch/Suites%20Eunos.php

Look at Property Site Map from Top View to see the compass.

There are alot of developments starting with Suites these days.

Some people do not like mass-market condominiums as it squeezed hundreds of units and thousands of people into a limited space and limited square area.

The roads connecting the condominiums are always jammed in the morning and evening as many cars leave and come back at same time. Faber Crest is like that.

Over time, mass-market condos will look like HDB Flats. Look at Rosewood, Rivervale Crest etc.

Some people prefer to quietness, privacy and simplicity rather than bustle so choose apartments as it usually is less than 100 units and they seldom have time to use facilities anyway.

Apartments will enbloc easier as there are less occupants to deal with compare to big size condominiums.

Horizon Towers fiasco is a good example.

There are many expats, retirees and locals renting apartments because of its quietness, privacy and less neighbours .

I also got mix up between apartments and condominiums when I first started to look for house then I slowly learn.

It is up to individual liking , no right or wrong.

I personally prefer these kind of small apartments with less than 100 units...

Usually this kind of small scale projects will be launched at a good accessibility locations (nearer to MRT) due to small plots of land required. Furthermore, the facilities(swimming pool,gym) will less 'congested' than that of big scale condo, more privacy I think.

wenqing
23-11-10, 09:32

Usually this kind of small scale projects will be launched at a good accessibility locations (nearer to MRT) due to small plots of land required. Furthermore, the facilities(swimming pool,gym) will less 'congested' than that of big scale condo, more privacy I think.

For big size condominiums, the facilities like swimming pool and gym are so congested and crowded that you end just want to stay at home.

It also gets dirty very fast.

These days for big condominiums, developer also tend to pack as many people as possible into the limited size development to make as much profit as possible.

No space of your own, no privacy and no serenity.

They use the SBS and SMRT concept of packing as much people as possible per bus and per train and per trip to earn maximum value.

We are talking about few hundred units and few thousand people here pack into a limited space.

Over time, the condominium will look like slum.

hyenergix
23-11-10, 10:31
Yes, I was confused. So many small condo/apartments with names like 'Suites@....' I remember many years back the popular name was 'The....' Anyway all the designs look so similar! Some especially those in Telok Kurau are really like cut & past design. The swimming pool and gym in these 'Suites@....' are too small for my liking...

mcmlxxvi
23-11-10, 20:05

Ditto for me!

kaizhe
23-11-10, 23:07
1st subsale happened...

SUITES @ SIMS SIMS AVENUE Apartment 1 470,000 344 Strata 1,365 Nov-10

wenqing
26-11-10, 11:58
1st subsale happened...

SUITES @ SIMS SIMS AVENUE Apartment 1 470,000 344 Strata 1,365 Nov-10

It may not be sub-sale.

Not all caveats show sub-sale only.

kaizhe
26-11-10, 12:18
how to confirm it then?

wenqing
28-11-10, 01:31
how to confirm it then?

No idea.

:) :) :)

kaizhe
14-02-11, 13:43
1st subsale occurred.

468 Sims Avenue #03-09
Freehold
$1492
$530k
12 Jan 11

468 Sims Avenue #03-09
Freehold
$1323
$470k
09 Nov 10

psf as high as $1492 :scared-4:
district 11 prices?? :eek:

wenqing
16-02-11, 13:45
1st subsale occurred.

468 Sims Avenue #03-09
Freehold
$1492
$530k
12 Jan 11

468 Sims Avenue #03-09
Freehold
$1323
$470k
09 Nov 10

psf as high as $1492 :scared-4:
district 11 prices?? :eek:

Sorry where you get this information from?

To be frank, even though it is located near at border of Geylang, it is in between 2 future Business Hubs like Kallang and Paya Lebar so the prices will increase for that area.

Besides Paya Lebar MRT is now a MRT interchange and there is a future bus interchange there.

Sims Avenue will be red-hot next 10 years.

I heard all the rich Geylangese are looking at apartments like Suites@Sims as they grew up in that area.

From Sims Avenue to Suntec and CBD is just 15-20 mins car or MRT ride.

I am not surprised at this price.

kaizhe
16-02-11, 17:09
Sorry where you get this information from?

To be frank, even though it is located near at border of Geylang, it is in between 2 future Business Hubs like Kallang and Paya Lebar so the prices will increase for that area.

Besides Paya Lebar MRT is now a MRT interchange and there is a future bus interchange there.

Sims Avenue will be red-hot next 10 years.

I heard all the rich Geylangese are looking at apartments like Suites@Sims as they grew up in that area.

From Sims Avenue to Suntec and CBD is just 15-20 mins car or MRT ride.

I am not surprised at this price.

It is actually from streetsine...

http://www.streetsine.com/static/home2/map.jsp#postalcode-387544-APT

I don't think there will be a bus interchange up there as Eunos already got one ..where u get the information from?

The land parcel in front of paya lebar MRT has being put up for tender last month, May or June U will see the land parcel in front of city plaza will be put up for sale for hotel and retails project..Furthermore the lion city hotel has enblock to UOL if i m not wrong...

I still can see some po po kei near sims ave though... :beats-me-man:

wenqing
17-02-11, 16:13
It is actually from streetsine...

http://www.streetsine.com/static/home2/map.jsp#postalcode-387544-APT

I don't think there will be a bus interchange up there as Eunos already got one ..where u get the information from?

The land parcel in front of paya lebar MRT has being put up for tender last month, May or June U will see the land parcel in front of city plaza will be put up for sale for hotel and retails project..Furthermore the lion city hotel has enblock to UOL if i m not wrong...

I still can see some po po kei near sims ave though... :beats-me-man:

One housing agent told me that Paya Lebar will have bus interchange.

Ang Mo Kio, Bishan and Toa Payoh all also have bus interchanges.

Agent told me Government is planning something big for Geylang, Guillemard and Sims Ave as it is too near CBD.

They might link Paya Lebar Business Hub with Kallang Business Hub in long run.

Idea of CBD is old when there was no internet, no emails, no courier services, no tele-conferences, no MSN, no this and that.

Now technology so advance, CBDs have become obsolete.

Shenton Way might become White Elephant and be dismantled.

Why must workers cluster-squeeze in the same area every morning and evening ??

It will be no more human jams and traffic jams and good for MRTs, Buses and Roads from Tanjong Pagar to City Hall.

Bringing offices to your home is new government slogan.

North, South, East , West, Central all will have Business Hubs so workers no need to do morning rush and evening rush and cause jams at same areas like Tanjong Pagar to City Hall.

Except for Marina, I notice all the new Business Hubs and offices are all in suburbs e.g. Tampines, Jurong, Woodlands etc.

But again whatever agent say must give discount.

;) ;) ;) ;)

kaizhe
17-02-11, 19:17
One housing agent told me that Paya Lebar will have bus interchange.

Ang Mo Kio, Bishan and Toa Payoh all also have bus interchanges.

Agent told me Government is planning something big for Geylang, Guillemard and Sims Ave as it is too near CBD.

They might link Paya Lebar Business Hub with Kallang Business Hub in long run.

Idea of CBD is old when there was no internet, no emails, no courier services, no tele-conferences, no MSN, no this and that.

Now technology so advance, CBDs have become obsolete.

Shenton Way might become White Elephant and be dismantled.

Why must workers cluster-squeeze in the same area every morning and evening ??

It will be no more human jams and traffic jams and good for MRTs, Buses and Roads from Tanjong Pagar to City Hall.

Bringing offices to your home is new government slogan.

North, South, East , West, Central all will have Business Hubs so workers no need to do morning rush and evening rush and cause jams at same areas like Tanjong Pagar to City Hall.

Except for Marina, I notice all the new Business Hubs and offices are all in suburbs e.g. Tampines, Jurong, Woodlands etc.

But again whatever agent say must give discount.

;) ;) ;) ;)

U are right, agents always bluff their projects to get the sale..

But one thing can notice is that they are more and more residential projects in geylang area and the old apartments which used to be the chicken's nest will be disappearing slowly..I heard there are one project launching soon near lorong 6, quite a 'red' area also...

However we cannot denied that geylang will still a red light district though. This is a 'culture' and it will still be 'conserved' for the next decades i think unless government really has sumthing great to plan on it and remove all the budget hotel over there.

As for the bus interchange I dun see a necessary of having it over there...There are circle and east west line in paya lebar, nearby got Macpherson, Dakota ah...good accessibility already..unlike in eunos, big area with only 1 station sia...

mcmlxxvi
17-02-11, 19:29
U are right, agents always bluff their projects to get the sale..

But one thing can notice is that they are more and more residential projects in geylang area and the old apartments which used to be the chicken's nest will be disappearing slowly..I heard there are one project launching soon near lorong 6, quite a 'red' area also...

However we cannot denied that geylang will still a red light district though. This is a 'culture' and it will still be 'conserved' for the next decades i think unless government really has sumthing great to plan on it and remove all the budget hotel over there.

As for the bus interchange I dun see a necessary of having it over there...There are circle and east west line in paya lebar, nearby got Macpherson, Dakota ah...good accessibility already..unlike in eunos, big area with only 1 station sia...
Is the Lorong 6 project called G6 Suites?

ecimbew
17-02-11, 20:02
You mean like the recent stories?

http://health.asiaone.com/Health/News/Story/A1Story20110210-262811.html
Illegal s*x dr*gs peddled by foreigners in Geylang

The sale of illegal dr*gs was took place in broad daylight, with many different types of dr*gs, which are supposed to enhance the user's libido, being displayed on the ground for potential customers to see.

The sellers appeared to be young men in their 20s and 30s, and had foreign accents.

Shin Min Daily News reported on Wednesday that most customers were men appearing to be in their 50s or 60s.

Illegal s*x dr*gs can result in dangerous or even deadly side effects. Said Singelringen, "Go see a doctor if you have a real problem - don't gamble with your life by taking such dr*gs of dubious origin."

kaizhe
17-02-11, 20:38
Is the Lorong 6 project called G6 Suites?

erm i am not sure...agent never update me anymore lol

kaizhe
17-02-11, 20:41
You mean like the recent stories?

http://health.asiaone.com/Health/News/Story/A1Story20110210-262811.html
Illegal s*x dr*gs peddled by foreigners in Geylang

The sale of illegal dr*gs was took place in broad daylight, with many different types of dr*gs, which are supposed to enhance the user's libido, being displayed on the ground for potential customers to see.

The sellers appeared to be young men in their 20s and 30s, and had foreign accents.

Shin Min Daily News reported on Wednesday that most customers were men appearing to be in their 50s or 60s.

Illegal s*x dr*gs can result in dangerous or even deadly side effects. Said Singelringen, "Go see a doctor if you have a real problem - don't gamble with your life by taking such dr*gs of dubious origin."

Well, definitely not my business. I am just only 20+, still very strong ok? :ashamed1:

kaizhe
01-03-11, 15:19
2 more subsale...

468 Sims Avenue #03-05
Freehold
$1742
$600k
11 Jan 11

468 Sims Avenue #03-06
Freehold
$1742
$600k
11 Jan 11

OMG $1742 psf???!!!! at geylang????

devilplate
01-03-11, 15:23
2 more subsale...

468 Sims Avenue #03-05
Freehold
$1742
$600k
11 Jan 11

468 Sims Avenue #03-06
Freehold
$1742
$600k
11 Jan 11

amazing and not yet TOP

top up abit more can get spott18 low flr liao lor....:doh:

600k studio....gona be most expensive chicken nest liao:p

Geylang OKT
01-03-11, 15:25
2 more subsale...

468 Sims Avenue #03-05
Freehold
$1742
$600k
11 Jan 11

468 Sims Avenue #03-06
Freehold
$1742
$600k
11 Jan 11

I love rich folks to cum live here :D :D :D

kaizhe
01-03-11, 15:31

i also wan to sell now and go buy novena condos haha :P

land118
01-03-11, 15:32
amazing and not yet TOP

top up abit more can get spott18 low flr liao lor....:doh:

600k studio....gona be most expensive chicken nest liao:p The odd Lor of Geylang is closer to Eunos side, seem to command higher psf than the even Lor. But to pay such high psf..., 48 units in this development, think not so difficult to find 48 rich hot bloodied males to buy for his "loved ones". Most expensive chicken esscene cum bird nests combo:doh: :banghead:

devilplate
01-03-11, 15:36
i also wan to sell now and go buy novena condos haha :P

u vested here?

kaizhe
01-03-11, 15:43
u vested here?

ya lor, mine higher level, can huat more :)

try to push it to $1800 psf

DC33_2008
01-03-11, 15:46
Good to know who is buying these units.

mcmlxxvi
01-03-11, 15:53
2 more subsale...

468 Sims Avenue #03-05
Freehold
$1742
$600k
11 Jan 11

468 Sims Avenue #03-06
Freehold
$1742
$600k
11 Jan 11

Wow NEW HIGH 1742psf!!!!!

kaizhe
01-03-11, 15:55
Wow NEW HIGH 1742psf!!!!!

I love MM!

wenqing
04-03-11, 00:10
Damn, it is so high now.

Should have bought this instead of the HDB flat in the area.

kaizhe
05-03-11, 00:24
Damn, it is so high now.

Should have bought this instead of the HDB flat in the area.

u own a hdb in geylang?

wenqing
05-03-11, 23:41
u own a hdb in geylang?

Why not?

Geylang area got many HDB.

kaizhe
06-03-11, 00:02
Why not?

Geylang area got many HDB.

i see. i m trying to sell my unit there and use the money for better choice for own stay

bargain hunter
06-03-11, 11:55
set a new record leh, u ask for 1.8k psf nett lah?

i see. i m trying to sell my unit there and use the money for better choice for own stay

kaizhe
06-03-11, 21:08
set a new record leh, u ask for 1.8k psf nett lah?

bank valuation $1773 for my unit le. If can i wan to sell at 1.8k psf lor

wenqing
08-03-11, 16:33

I can see you are selling , at least $200,000 profit.

Congratulations.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project-listings/suites-sims-20556/sale/1?sort=price&order=desc

S$ 650,000 Negotiable | 1 bed | 1 bath
344 sqft / 31.96 sqm | S$ 1889.53 psf (built-in)

bargain hunter
08-03-11, 18:55
1773psf also ok leh. still a new all time high record for D14. not much difference from 1800 AND u can market it as "SELL AT BANK VALUATION ONLY! GRAB!!" :)

kaizhe
08-03-11, 21:25
I can see you are selling , at least $200,000 profit.

Congratulations.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project-listings/suites-sims-20556/sale/1?sort=price&order=desc

S$ 650,000 Negotiable | 1 bed | 1 bath
344 sqft / 31.96 sqm | S$ 1889.53 psf (built-in)

LOL but still got some sellers spoil market lei, till now still waiting....i plan to sell at bank valuation price, din earn taht much la =="

mcmlxxvi
09-03-11, 08:18
LOL but still got some sellers spoil market lei, till now still waiting....i plan to sell at bank valuation price, din earn taht much la =="

I'm still shell shocked how in the world bank can value Geylang property at 1773psf??? (no offense, just pure shock)

I'm guessing S@S is not considered a 'geylang' property coz of its address - Sims Avenue. And proximity to PLB Biz Hub...

devilplate
09-03-11, 10:32
i was vy shocked to see units manage to flip.......:scared-1:

pay abit more can get MM at RV/steven......simply unimaginable.....

there will be about 9 MM projects in whole geylang.....if can flip now...better do so:2cents:

kaizhe
09-03-11, 10:50
i was vy shocked to see units manage to flip.......:scared-1:

pay abit more can get MM at RV/steven......simply unimaginable.....

there will be about 9 MM projects in whole geylang.....if can flip now...better do so:2cents:

but i think that 2 units flip is bought by same person..it is just side by side, same price, same date option signed....

well, other geylang projects all with lorong address except this one, hopefully this will be it's advantage..

devilplate
09-03-11, 10:56
but i think that 2 units flip is bought by same person..it is just side by side, same price, same date option signed....

well, other geylang projects all with lorong address except this one, hopefully this will be it's advantage..

most likely bot by same person....and its largi make no sense for tat buyer!! shd just bot a nicer MM or proper sized 1/2bedder elsewhr since he got the budget of 1.2mio???:doh:

i nvr monitor MM in geylang....is this the only one which is odd lorong and 30+? this advantage will be ease of bank loan....but to the tenants, its the same unless its located nearer to waterina which will definitely enjoys higher psf....:2cents:

devilplate
09-03-11, 11:08

468 Sims Avenue #05-09
Freehold
$1088
$785k
17 Jan 11
468 Sims Avenue #03-09
Freehold
$1492
$530k
12 Jan 11

ur valuation may not hold at 17xxpsf liao....

btw, older apts located at odd lorongs and above 30 like 31,33,etc can be bot at ard 700psf....although without facilities....but i tink 1500psf vs 700psf the price gap is too huge:2cents:

kaizhe
09-03-11, 11:30
468 Sims Avenue #05-09
Freehold
$1088
$785k
17 Jan 11
468 Sims Avenue #03-09
Freehold
$1492
$530k
12 Jan 11

ur valuation may not hold at 17xxpsf liao....

btw, older apts located at odd lorongs and above 30 like 31,33,etc can be bot at ard 700psf....although without facilities....but i tink 1500psf vs 700psf the price gap is too huge:2cents:

Haha I also noticed that so I just double confirmed with bank and they still gave me the same high valuation as $17xx psf! I think maybe that time no guided valuation is given bcos the option date signed is so closed and the data not yet released. U will see higher price for next couple of months maybe?

kaizhe
09-03-11, 11:43
most likely bot by same person....and its largi make no sense for tat buyer!! shd just bot a nicer MM or proper sized 1/2bedder elsewhr since he got the budget of 1.2mio???:doh:

i nvr monitor MM in geylang....is this the only one which is odd lorong and 30+? this advantage will be ease of bank loan....but to the tenants, its the same unless its located nearer to waterina which will definitely enjoys higher psf....:2cents:

but where the hell can find this kind of buyer.....lol

2MM convert to 2 bedder with 1.2m? maintenance fee also double lei...

mcmlxxvi
09-03-11, 14:10
but where the hell can find this kind of buyer.....lol

2MM convert to 2 bedder with 1.2m? maintenance fee also double lei...

Only one way to explain it - he is making it into a classy chicken coup by combining 2 side by side units and charging like maybe $80-100 per shot mid range chicken pricing...

OKT where r u?

Laguna
09-03-11, 14:12
I faint.............

kaizhe
09-03-11, 14:13
Only one way to explain it - he is making it into a classy chicken coup by combining 2 side by side units and charging like maybe $80-100 per shot mid range chicken pricing...

OKT where r u?

thats a nice one! haha!

Akira Fudou
02-04-12, 11:32
i almost bought the 721sqft PH in this project because of the attractive price. I remember its $780k. Any idea why the PH is selling relative cheaper than the rest of the units? any bad points about it?

kaizhe
15-05-12, 22:34
SUITES @ SIMS
SIMS AVENUE Apartment $568,000 344sqft Strata $1,649psf Apr-12

:ashamed1: ;)

Jcmillineum
15-05-12, 23:05
SUITES @ SIMS

15 min walk from mrt...buy!

price
16-05-12, 08:38
SUITES @ SIMS

$568k quantum is still considered cheap to many

carbuncle
16-05-12, 13:46
Macly super fast!!!!!

kaizhe
16-05-12, 15:32
Macly super fast!!!!!

Expected TOP of structure june this year...most likely TOP in Sept...

Can you check the suites@eunos? It is also by macly, the structure on paper should be completed by April...

kaizhe
16-05-12, 15:33
$568k quantum is still considered cheap to many

look at the size.. it is only 344....not 400++ wor

carbuncle
16-05-12, 16:20
Expected TOP of structure june this year...most likely TOP in Sept...

Can you check the suites@eunos? It is also by macly, the structure on paper should be completed by April...

Now then you say... already out of the area. But did see it passing by. Already all build finished liao... nice nice and lonely looking by the mrt track hahahah.... thin thin short short flat flat wind blow dunno will fly away not.

kaizhe
16-05-12, 17:36
Now then you say... already out of the area. But did see it passing by. Already all build finished liao... nice nice and lonely looking by the mrt track hahahah.... thin thin short short flat flat wind blow dunno will fly away not.

ok time to transpass the new condo!! :ashamed1:

carbuncle
16-05-12, 17:59
ok time to transpass the new condo!! :ashamed1:

Must share some insider pics okayyyy!

btw love your avatar.... so freakutiful

anythingwhatever
07-06-12, 12:12
Updates in June 2012:

Signboard says June 2012, certainly can't make it.

May be Sep 2012 more likely...

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-eDMliepm1s4/T9Aoxkh6A9I/AAAAAAAAAsQ/MGQCSPHA3kY/s800/Sims%2520Ave%2520-%2520Suites%2520%2540%2520Sims%2520-%2520June%25202012%2520-%25204.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-x8UoPOlSIIo/T9AowSstVvI/AAAAAAAAAsE/PNzgSYwy8sk/s640/Sims%2520Ave%2520-%2520Suites%2520%2540%2520Sims%2520-%2520June%25202012%2520-%25203.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-_57WELtdcWE/T9Aow3sno6I/AAAAAAAAAsM/QfDomf3R-2Y/s800/Sims%2520Ave%2520-%2520Suites%2520%2540%2520Sims%2520-%2520June%25202012%2520-%25202.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-F2HcuBIDqHQ/T9Aow1N8N9I/AAAAAAAAAsI/kfYhTihju6o/s800/Sims%2520Ave%2520-%2520Suites%2520%2540%2520Sims%2520-%2520June%25202012%2520-%25201.jpg

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
07-06-12, 15:00
Wah bro. U now the azeoprop of Geylang? :scared-5:

anythingwhatever
08-06-12, 16:13
Wah bro. U now the azeoprop of Geylang? :scared-5:

Are you certain about "bro"? Why not "sis"? :D

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
08-06-12, 16:29
Are you certain about "bro"? Why not "sis"? :D

Dunno la. Just start off with higher likelihood one lor.

anythingwhatever
31-08-12, 17:12
Aug 2012: Developer shifted completion date by 2 YEARS to June 2014!!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-63nrCkX6GtY/UEB4X-fTO7I/AAAAAAAABCI/OLqYg8eQ-c4/s800/Sims%2520Ave%2520-%2520Suites%2520%2540%2520Sims%2520-%2520Aug%25202012%2520-%25201.jpg

Updates in June 2012:

Signboard says June 2012, certainly can't make it.

May be Sep 2012 more likely...

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-eDMliepm1s4/T9Aoxkh6A9I/AAAAAAAAAsQ/MGQCSPHA3kY/s800/Sims%2520Ave%2520-%2520Suites%2520%2540%2520Sims%2520-%2520June%25202012%2520-%25204.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-IIE9mWyfJYY/UEB4XwK29BI/AAAAAAAABCE/d_8FUUBlPvo/s800/Sims%2520Ave%2520-%2520Suites%2520%2540%2520Sims%2520-%2520Aug%25202012%2520-%25202.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-SvOLiZMurtg/UEB4YGiZuVI/AAAAAAAABCM/HQMPTNMv7kQ/s800/Sims%2520Ave%2520-%2520Suites%2520%2540%2520Sims%2520-%2520Aug%25202012%2520-%25203.jpg

carbuncle
31-08-12, 17:31
Goes to show whoever believes in the date on the board is crazy bird....

anythingwhatever
31-08-12, 17:47
Goes to show whoever believes in the date on the board is crazy bird....

The buyers of this project may well be "Angry Birds" now...

lionlamb10
27-11-12, 22:22
Think they removed the green "net" covering the building.. is TOP happening soon?

Any idea if the museum besides the project opened? Seems like it is not opened...or in operations.

carbuncle
27-11-12, 23:00
Think they removed the green "net" covering the building.. is TOP happening soon?

Any idea if the museum besides the project opened? Seems like it is not opened...or in operations.

the museum with a huge hand? tan swee something... check their website

lionlamb10
03-12-12, 22:44
saw this on straits time today. Think its the same artist whose museum is next to suites@sims. Wow... $3.7m for a painting...

Singapore artist's work sells for $3.7 million
TAN Swie Hian has become the most expensive living artist in Singapore. Last night, a frenzied five-way bid at the Poly Autumn Auction's Modern And Contemporary Chinese Art Evening Sale in Beijing saw Tan's oil and acrylic painting, When The Moon Is Orbed (140cm x 206cm), selling for 18.975 million yuan (S$3.7 million).

astroboy8681
09-01-13, 14:05
hi guys, i am new to this forum... in relation to suite @ sims anyone aware of the TOP period as seemingly delay couple times already...:confused:

kaizhe
14-03-13, 21:18
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-RPpqB_2B30A/UUHNRibrUwI/AAAAAAAAACY/TQgwXSqFLpI/w756-h650-p-o-k/IMG_2523.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-I9EeNPGSY24/UUHNRqIOjaI/AAAAAAAAAC0/Qj74EmhH_gA/s533/IMG_2524.JPG

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-uvqJ_dHFhhA/UUHNRj3PWTI/AAAAAAAAAC4/HI3wL-tl2lA/s533/IMG_2525.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-KIukctApNDE/UUHNSZJfK5I/AAAAAAAAACo/NYQNFC_YuF8/s533/IMG_2526.JPG

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-C_08VcA_UXM/UUHNSSgUEbI/AAAAAAAAACw/lGKS799py8o/s533/IMG_2527.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-7z-MIjJwlf4/UUHNSnQQZvI/AAAAAAAAACs/-RiG0GSn7vA/s533/IMG_2528.JPG

mcmlxxvi
15-03-13, 08:52
what size is this?

nice facing

kaizhe
15-03-13, 16:19
what size is this?

nice facing

344sqft...ya facing the back alley...the front facing is just terrible

astroboy8681
17-03-13, 02:49
Hello Kaizhe you were able to go up & take photos??? Has it TOP or site allows owners to go up?

pardon my questions if they sound silly but i'm very eager to go up & take a look too :p

what's your opinion of the workmanship, quality etc? i'm curious as to how does it compares to Fragrance (which i was pleasantly surprised with)

astroboy8681
26-03-13, 23:58
uploaded photos of the rooftop pool...

price
27-03-13, 01:42
is the 2nd photo a pond? :beats-me-man:

mcmlxxvi
27-03-13, 08:39
is the 2nd photo a pond? :beats-me-man:

Jacuzzi la. Aiyo

astroboy8681
27-03-13, 15:34
the pond makes for human fishes :D sits 4-5 comfortably indeed...

the jacuzzi makes for a swimmingly good soak but to be honest, was quite disappointed with workmanship & actual unit differs from floor plan shown... like wtf

as some forummers said earlier, the TOP has been delayed indefinitely & owners are probably angry birds now. calls to developers has proven futile...

does anyone knows if owners have a recourse if developer is unable to make good to floor plan??

siewsphone
27-03-13, 15:47

Looks like Fish Spa area......

astroboy8681
12-04-13, 16:11
yawns... just checked with dev : Mac(s)ly TOP likely July onwards :doh: :doh:

Considering their first date given on white board says June 2012 :sleep: :sleep:

Anyone with vested interests having tinge of regrets buying this project :confused: :confused:

i sure do now.....

babyt
12-04-13, 16:41
I think Macly also did the project for Thomson V Two which got delayed and the final product is also :doh:

if u look at the shop units, pipes n cables are running thru everywhere inside the shops.

astroboy8681
12-04-13, 17:10
Mac(s)ly did V one & V two... clearly the end-product leaves plenty to be desired... (well i heard good reviews for zedge thou)

i have a Q not sure if anyone able to answer : The designated wardrobe as per floor plan was not physically built as power points & heater switch along the wall.
I ask foreman and was told electrician had no other choice and asked if i may choose another wall in the room for them to build the wardrobe (astonished:doh: :doh: ) this would mean i'm unable to do a TV feature wall in front of bed thus a huge compromise:( :(

Do i have the RIGHT to ask Dev make good to floor plan & shift the power point / heater switch to another wall so wardrobe could be built & i won't be compromised:confused: :confused:

Dunno is it i suay....:sleep: :sleep:

SQ008
13-04-13, 00:13
This developer seems to have a lot of issues.

astroboy8681
28-05-13, 18:18
latest update Mac(s)ly : August 2013 good chance for TOP... (half-believing)

What say you guys (with or without vested interest)

lionlamb10
30-05-13, 00:40
think the project name is up..silver colour. quite nice.

mcmlxxvi
30-05-13, 16:16
Mac(s)ly did V one & V two... clearly the end-product leaves plenty to be desired... (well i heard good reviews for zedge thou)

i have a Q not sure if anyone able to answer : The designated wardrobe as per floor plan was not physically built as power points & heater switch along the wall.
I ask foreman and was told electrician had no other choice and asked if i may choose another wall in the room for them to build the wardrobe (astonished:doh: :doh: ) this would mean i'm unable to do a TV feature wall in front of bed thus a huge compromise:( :(

Do i have the RIGHT to ask Dev make good to floor plan & shift the power point / heater switch to another wall so wardrobe could be built & i won't be compromised:confused: :confused:

Dunno is it i suay....:sleep: :sleep:

You can pursue. But be prepared for a long drawn legal process. My entire kitchen got shifted just like that for my second ppty and well ... Guess just bite the bullet and make the best of what you have. Consider it an expensive lesson.

And be VERY wary of this developer going forward.

astroboy8681
30-05-13, 19:12
thanks MM King... weary of this developer is the most sound advice going forward hahaha...

btw just receive e-mail from lawyer project TOPed collecting keys mid-june onwards... this probably goes some way to simmer down fellow owners/investors.

definitely going to scrutinize each & every corner of the house, who knows maybe big time head-on with Mac(s)ly haha :luke-and-darth:

nonetheless, congrats to other owners for the wait is finally over...

mcmlxxvi
30-05-13, 22:43
Congrats to all owners to an otherwise good buy.... in terms of location etc.

Enjoy your new home.

Please dont look for me to rent out... im not an agent lol.

astroboy8681
31-05-13, 00:27
goodness gracious... i read thru solicitor's letter...

monthly maintenance fee S$38X for 1BR & S$46X for 2BR/PH

fellow owners, is this the norm??
i'm baffled as it appears 3 tad too high for my assessment :doh:

for investors, this is definitely eating into rental yield presume 2-2.5k p/mth much less for own stay...

mcmlxxvi
31-05-13, 09:31
omg.. this developer really never fail to surprise us.

One bedder in small project typically 150-250.

leesg123
31-05-13, 10:57

for investors, this is definitely eating into rental yield presume 2-2.5k p/mth much less for own stay...Maybe to prepare a huge sinking fund for repair? which they foresee might happen after the warranty?

lionlamb10
31-05-13, 11:09

for investors, this is definitely eating into rental yield presume 2-2.5k p/mth much less for own stay...

The 1 BR is about 377 sqft? So its $1 per sq feet? Hmm.. ya am curious is this normal? When management committee is formed, they can reduce the fees?

astroboy8681
31-05-13, 11:54
BCA approve per share value at $77.50 (astonishing :scared-4: ) for a moment i thought i'm moving into devonshire road.... really it's just sims ave lol

the vibes i got from agents previously was $200 for 1BR & $250 for 2BR/PH, carpark lot additional ($ unknown) due to mechanized parking... sigh the most wayward estimation

guess our only recourse is MCST set-up after 1 year to fight for reduction, for now bite & pay to get keys first...

shall we list here the pros & cons of project (no rights or wrongs, just your opinions)

Pros
- proximity to city / east cost
- amenities
- close to aljunied & pl mrt stations
- potential upside after pl biz hub up & running

Cons
- Mac(s)ly
- Mac(s)ly
- Mac(s)ly (no pun intended haha)

astroboy8681
05-06-13, 22:58
Pop by this morning saw agent showing to potential buyer/tenant i believe.

main entrance door still not up and some workers finishing up stuffs at roof top pool...

Accordingly, eearliest key collection date is 17/6... woohoo counting down

babyt
30-06-13, 10:37
any update on this project?

love to see the quality of Macly. :D

mcmlxxvi
01-07-13, 07:11
It should be TOP liao.

leesg123
01-07-13, 07:36
yup, pics are up on propertyguru already.

astroboy8681
01-07-13, 09:56
any update on this project?

love to see the quality of Macly. :D

workmanship is okay but not much to shout about, you should arrange to go view some units to get a personal feel of the project...

my past concerns in this thread for unit has mostly been closed up...

based on propertyguru, expect ~ 60% renting out...

SQ008
01-07-13, 19:02
You can go to Thomson V commerical units public toilets and see the "quality" finishes as described in the prospectus. I think you can buy most from the HDB neighbour odds and ends shop.

ecimbew
01-07-13, 20:44
I kind of want to feel how a less than 400 sqft apartment is like.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/14693386/for-rent-suites-sims

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/6/6/c/c/66cc0b36176602_1_V550.jpg

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/0/c/4/8/0c481836176609_1_V550.jpg

mcmlxxvi
01-07-13, 20:50
Interesting retro feel balcony design.

Minimise risk of over exposure.

babyt
01-07-13, 20:54
the window grill n balcony look very outdated.

astroboy8681
01-07-13, 22:38
I kind of want to feel how a less than 400 sqft apartment is like.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/14693386/for-rent-suites-sims

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/6/6/c/c/66cc0b36176602_1_V550.jpg

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/0/c/4/8/0c481836176609_1_V550.jpg
Thou its < 400 sqft the design is efficient I must admit... Versus city loft and suites topaz :doh: projects I'd previously considered...

Darn it! Drive past last night and there are still a few streetwalkers at Lor 31!!! :simmering:

babyt
01-07-13, 23:21
Thou its < 400 sqft the design is efficient I must admit... Versus city loft and suites topaz :doh: projects I'd previously considered...

Darn it! Drive past last night and there are still a few streetwalkers at Lor 31!!! :simmering:

lor 31 has street walkers?

astroboy8681
02-07-13, 00:08
not sure if should address as streetwalkers cos they don't walk, they basically stand in a fixed position with hips arched one side...

i wound down window and ask firmly : what are you doing here?

girl in position : you want? i make you happy... i come inside your car? (pointing at my speckle-free spanking clean polished convertible ride)

me (in raise tone) : i will call police now and catch you! you want???

girl : *poof*

hallelujah, i wouldn't want to be doing this every night in future...

babyt
02-07-13, 14:55
I m prepared to spray them w water gun from my 1loft attic

lionlamb10
17-07-13, 22:03
layout is very liveable. Roof top pool is quite windy at night. Saw a 344sqft unit transacted at $620k in May. Several units have been rented out...

astroboy8681
22-07-13, 17:18
last fri an agent came up to me and said he has potential buyers willing to pay 1500-1550psf for penthouse... seem too good to be true

If not for ssd, i sure ask him to bring the buyer up lol...

astroboy8681
23-08-13, 18:31
All S@S owners, fret not.... Maintenance fee under review... There might just be light at the end of the tunnel :)

lionlamb10
10-09-13, 21:12
rental data is out and studio rented at 2.3k to 2.6k. Majority of the studios were wented out within 1mth from TOP. think the proximity to 2 mrt line helps.