PDA

View Full Version : Woodgrove condo, lilydale or woodsvale

Sgysfj
16-10-10, 17:35
Hi all, we r looking for a 3brm unit to buy in one of this places for homestay.budget is ard 700k to 800k.we like d landscaping of lilydale
but wan to keep our options open.. Any opinions n suggestions pls? Thanks alot

mantrix
16-10-10, 21:52
Hi all, we r looking for a 3brm unit to buy in one of this places for homestay.budget is ard 700k to 800k.we like d landscaping of lilydale
but wan to keep our options open.. Any opinions n suggestions pls? Thanks alot

Woodgrove is close to supermart but far from mrt (15 min walk) - also a plot of land beside it is up for sale so do expect development 'melodies' to be in the pipeline.

Lilydale is also close but in outskirts of yishun, hence far from mrt. It is EC and 7 years old so u can't sell to foreigners yet. Also The Canopy is going to be built beside it so expect to get noise like above.

Woodsvale is closest to mrt but u'll need to walk abit to get to coffeeshop or to get your groceries. It is EC but fully privatised this year. It is beside another completed EC, Northoaks and beside the park, so pretty peaceful.

It is funny that you'll consider one EC in Yishun, one near admiralty and one is woodlands...perhaps you should first narrow down your location of choice before deciding on the condo? While some would pick a condo based on how they like it, location should be one of topmost priorities.

Good luck!

Sgysfj
16-10-10, 22:47
Hi thanks for ur reply..
Basicalli we r jus looking for a homestay condo
anyware in d north will do as our parents r staying in woodlands.
We love d landscaping of lilydale n it's serenity.
Woodsvale is nice n near to mrt but we feel tat it's rather noisy n crowded.
We haven viewed any units at woodgrove condo yet though we also like
we r also open to euphony gdns.. Any other opinions/views are welcome

rattydrama
16-10-10, 23:51
I have been looking around and personally I prefer woodgrove condo but too bad my offer was 15k lesser so did not manage to get a unit there. The facility there are under utilised and well kept. There are less HDB up-graders.

I have yet to view that Yishun condo. Between woodsvale and woodgrove, woodgrove is definitely better.

Sgysfj
17-10-10, 00:00
I have been looking around and personally I prefer woodgrove condo but too bad my offer was 15k lesser so did not manage to get a unit there. The facility there are under utilised and well kept. There are less HDB up-graders.

I have yet to view that Yishun condo. Between woodsvale and woodgrove, woodgrove is definitely better.

I have been to northoaks, woodsvale, emerald, euphony n lilydale..
My personal choice is lilydale though I have not been to woodgrove.
U looking for a 3 brm at woodgrove? It seems tat units there are rarely sold.
I find woodsvale n northoaks a little crowded n heavy human traffic.
Can I ask if the units in woodgrove regular shaped?
Is the project itself run down or well maintained?

Sgysfj
17-10-10, 00:04
Jus to add rattydrama, perhaps u shld take a look at lilydale.. Personally find it quite nice n quiet..been there on weekends n it's still quiet.. Landscaping is nice n there is basement carpark which leads to units..
Pricing wise I belief it's comparable to woodgrove.
Btw wich other condos in the north u hav been to?
Do share ur view wid me.. Thanks in advance

rattydrama
17-10-10, 01:07

I have been to woodsvale and northoaks as well in early aug and end sept. To me both are ECs and being ECs the quality of the finishing is more HDB feel. I stay there for about 20 minutes on few occasions to observe the residents there and decided not to view any ECs projects for my private condo purchase.

woodgrove condo units are regular shaped. The land is big, only 4 sty with 200 plus units. Very resort feel. they are built on elevated grounds. the main contractor has done a very good job because it is their first private project. Pls visit the site and see for yourself.

Not many units are on sale cos the units are being sold quickly ... these days you cannot get such size at this price. The price is being depressed currently and I think there are upside potential.

its an old projects but it is very well maintained. I saw from the notice board the chairman of the MC is an ang mo... and I saw a feel ang mo kids in the pool so the profile of residents in this condo is worth considering.

dont forget next door there is another plot going to be sold soon.

rattydrama
17-10-10, 01:15
Jus to add rattydrama, perhaps u shld take a look at lilydale.. Personally find it quite nice n quiet..been there on weekends n it's still quiet.. Landscaping is nice n there is basement carpark which leads to units..

lilydale is quite far from mrt if not wrong. Woodgrove is 1km smack in between marsiling and woodlands mrt. Just walk over and cross the small road, you can shop at NTUC, very convenient.

since all are 99 years leasehold and built during the same period, I will go for the cheapest condo. Although ECs are cheaper, there are so many units on sale and carpark is not linked to the condo - need to walk a distance..

woodgrove condo not many on sale, you need to wait and provided you can wait.

zzz1
17-10-10, 09:01

Suggest that you take a look at the translaction history of these projects.

For Lilydale, i believe that you may have many choice to view as many units have put up for sale. It is near to e Seletar Air hub, plus the new launch project will give a protentially lift to the price. These higher floor have a sea view. However, it a bit to 'deep in' and lot of workers seating on the pitch over the week end.

Woodgrove, near the Amercian school, may still command some attraction. In term of facilities, somehow, woodland are almost saturated. The so call north regional centre seem to shift to Yishun.

Important factor is your parant place, if your parents are looking after your kids and you are fetching them daily, it is wise to get a unit as close as possible.

have you view Northwoods, Sensoria, Seletaris ? These are the freehold projects......

patricia
17-10-10, 14:58
Have U viewed Orchid park? Very spacious inside and is near to amenities.:jaw-dropping:

Sgysfj
17-10-10, 17:14
lilydale is quite far from mrt if not wrong. Woodgrove is 1km smack in between marsiling and woodlands mrt. Just walk over and cross the small road, you can shop at NTUC, very convenient.

since all are 99 years leasehold and built during the same period, I will go for the cheapest condo. Although ECs are cheaper, there are so many units on sale and carpark is not linked to the condo - need to walk a distance..

woodgrove condo not many on sale, you need to wait and provided you can wait.
yes u r right. Lilydale is quite far fr mrt. Have viewed a lot of units there n we like one unit. However asking price is close to 800k.we can't rili decide now n maybe will not upgrade at all. Didn't know house hunting is so tiring n leceh

Sgysfj
17-10-10, 17:19
Hi zzz1 thanks for ur input. Parents stay in Wlands. Our thoughts are we dnt mind travelling frm yishun to Wlands as we rili find woodsvale n northoaks very crowded. Tats y we prefer lilydale.. Hvg said tat we r exploring all other options n if rili dnt have then we wnt upgrade at all n stay put in our current place

rattydrama
17-10-10, 19:07
yes u r right. Lilydale is quite far fr mrt. Have viewed a lot of units there n we like one unit. However asking price is close to 800k.we can't rili decide now n maybe will not upgrade at all. Didn't know house hunting is so tiring n leceh

my experience is you need to do ground works before jumping. eg. check the last caveat price, check the facing, check the layout of the project, know which stack is the best stack in this project, understand the likely profile of the people staying there, check if near good school, know the prices of the various nearby projects... the list goes on.

The reason is you will regret less as you know this is really your choice unit.

my view is project nearer to mrt, be it sold at premium price will command better resale value no matter what yardstick you use.

cheers and good luck.

Sgysfj
17-10-10, 19:33
my experience is you need to do ground works before jumping. eg. check the last caveat price, check the facing, check the layout of the project, know which stack is the best stack in this project, understand the likely profile of the people staying there, check if near good school, know the prices of the various nearby projects... the list goes on.

The reason is you will regret less as you know this is really your choice unit.

my view is project nearer to mrt, be it sold at premium price will command better resale value no matter what yardstick you use.

cheers and good luck.

I agree wif u abt d nearer to mrt the better resale value.
However we really dnt prefer the landscaping n crowd of woodsvale.
The serenity n quietness of lilydale rili capture our heart.
Btw can share how to check wich is d best stack n oso d profile of the ppl staying at the project.

On a side note, wld u share if tis is a gd time to actuali upgrade or isit beta to wait for prices to soften.we r actuali in no hurry to upgrade.
R u upgrading as well or u investing?

rattydrama
17-10-10, 19:49
woodsvale is not my choice after few rounds of viewing. I think I will not go for ECs for reasons mentioned earlier. And woodsvale is not near MRT. If not because of 30 Aug ruling, I will go for resale HDB near to MRT.

I chance upon sun plaza apartment - old project but it is very convenient. 3 bedder is going around 8xxk as well.

You can ask the agent or site from the website, sometimes there are layout plan. You can also google to see the distance from MRT and distance from schools.

Near good primary school within 1km will have added advantage.

mantrix
17-10-10, 21:10
woodsvale is not my choice after few rounds of viewing. I think I will not go for ECs for reasons mentioned earlier. And woodsvale is not near MRT. If not because of 30 Aug ruling, I will go for resale HDB near to MRT.

I chance upon sun plaza apartment - old project but it is very convenient. 3 bedder is going around 8xxk as well.

You can ask the agent or site from the website, sometimes there are layout plan. You can also google to see the distance from MRT and distance from schools.

For sunplaza are you aware of the noise made by the MRT? Had thought of there but my friends who stayed there advised me not to - though I agree it is super-convenient if you get the highest unit facing away from MRT.

Woodsvale is also not my choice but if you go to Northoaks, they have good management and nice layout. Slightly crowded on weekends but the tenant crowd is a good mix with a sizeable number of caucasians. Takes around 10 minutes (i think) to walk to MRT though.

Too late for Lilydale - you should have gone to buy BEFORE Canopy was announced...they have recently upped their asking prices as Canopy will, for sure, push up the psf.

I think your budget not for the freehold condos - there is still Yishun sapphire and emerald i can think of, else you can go south a little bit more and look at Seasons Park, Castle Green, etc etc

Sgysfj
17-10-10, 21:17

we r actuali quite weary of the viewing house process.
We kinda like lilydale.agree wif ur concerns abt EC quality but we find
lilydale is much beta built in terms of layout n finishings.
Having said tat, we have not seen many other projects tat r mentioned here
such as seletaris etc...

As we r in no hurry to upgrade, perhaps we would hold. Would love to hear frm u about ur house hunting. Btw I have heard of sun plaza apartments as I currently stay in sembawang.those tat r sold r mostly 4 bdrm or bigger. Way out my budget..

Our priority i guess is first the 'feel' of the project rather than it's proximity to ammenities or mrt.tats y we like lilydale although woodsvale would be a more logical choice given my parents r staying in woodlands.

Sgysfj
17-10-10, 21:21
For sunplaza are you aware of the noise made by the MRT? Had thought of there but my friends who stayed there advised me not to - though I agree it is super-convenient if you get the highest unit facing away from MRT.

Woodsvale is also not my choice but if you go to Northoaks, they have good management and nice layout. Slightly crowded on weekends but the tenant crowd is a good mix with a sizeable number of caucasians. Takes around 10 minutes (i think) to walk to MRT though.

Too late for Lilydale - you should have gone to buy BEFORE Canopy was announced...they have recently upped their asking prices as Canopy will, for sure, push up the psf.

I think your budget not for the freehold condos - there is still Yishun sapphire and emerald i can think of, else you can go south a little bit more and look at
Seasons Park, Castle Green, etc etc

hi mantrix, besides season park castle green, any othe projects tat r worth considering in the yio chu kang area? Someting like 750k for a 3 bedder?
Thks

rattydrama
17-10-10, 21:23
I view a few units before, mrt noise is not as bad as main road from buses, trucks and motorbikes.

If mrt noise is a concern, perhaps unit not facing mrt track can be considered such as those pool unit.

If you have tbe budget and dont mind 2 bedder and like the tranquility and secluded environment as mentioned in your post , go for sensoria freehold. Its very new, still convenient, amongst all the private enclave, near to SSC and if not wrong 2-3 bus stop away from sembawang mrt station. the minus point is this project is less than 100 units.

rattydrama
17-10-10, 21:30
I have completed my house hunt at the moment. I am shifting to CCK soon. But I will be back to Woodlands when time is right cos there are much potential for Woodlands.

Feeling can be changed over time depending on which stage of life cycle you are in. I try to be practical cos is not small money we talking about.

But of course, most important is both must agree and accept the decision made.

we r actuali quite weary of the viewing house process.
We kinda like lilydale.agree wif ur concerns abt EC quality but we find
lilydale is much beta built in terms of layout n finishings.
Having said tat, we have not seen many other projects tat r mentioned here
such as seletaris etc...

As we r in no hurry to upgrade, perhaps we would hold. Would love to hear frm u about ur house hunting. Btw I have heard of sun plaza apartments as I currently stay in sembawang.those tat r sold r mostly 4 bdrm or bigger. Way out my budget..

Our priority i guess is first the 'feel' of the project rather than it's proximity to ammenities or mrt.tats y we like lilydale although woodsvale would be a more logical choice given my parents r staying in woodlands.

Sgysfj
17-10-10, 22:08
I have completed my house hunt at the moment. I am shifting to CCK soon. But I will be back to Woodlands when time is right cos there are much potential for Woodlands.

Feeling can be changed over time depending on which stage of life cycle you are in. I try to be practical cos is not small money we talking about.

yup agree wif u both must agree n it's not small money.
Tis is our first time tinking of buying pte property hence the hesistance

rattydrama
17-10-10, 22:19
yup agree wif u both must agree n it's not small money.
Tis is our first time tinking of buying pte property hence the hesistance

its like that de, no experience and feel scary...cos of the long term commitment. once you make the first buck, you will be more brave. continue to follow up on ppty news and feel for yourself before you jump.

Sgysfj
17-10-10, 22:55
its like that de, no experience and feel scary...cos of the long term commitment. once you make the first buck, you will be more brave. continue to follow up on ppty news and feel for yourself before you jump.

it's for homestay not investment.. Still reservations are there.. Afraid of overcommitting n overstretching..anyways we have found a unit tat we rili like in lilydale.. Now rili considering to make an offer..
In ur opinion, groundfloor unit with patio lilydale asking for 560psf worth to offer?

rattydrama
17-10-10, 23:15
it's for homestay not investment.. Still reservations are there.. Afraid of overcommitting n overstretching..anyways we have found a unit tat we rili like in lilydale.. Now rili considering to make an offer..
In ur opinion, groundfloor unit with patio lilydale asking for 560psf worth to offer?

guess your mind is set for lily :p

my girl friend told me ground floor condo change tenant and owner very often.

I understand it is harder to sell for ground floor unit.

And people tends to throw things down from upper floor so you need an umbrella or something to keep away the litters.

550 Yishun Avenue 6 #01-04
99 Yrs From 12/09/2000
$555
$735k
12 Aug 10

This is the latest price for ground floor. the average price for canopy is 680 psf. you have to check the facing, the renovation, the layout and is it better than other comparable units.

if for homestay and not near mrt, get the cheapest unit you can find and like cos the upside is limited and you might have to keep the unit for sometimes.

if in no hurry, just offer something you are comfortable. If cannot get, wait for other units since you mentioned there are so many units on sale.

just my humble opinion.

Sgysfj
17-10-10, 23:36
guess your mind is set for lily :p
my girl friend told me ground floor condo change tenant and owner very often.
I understand it is harder to sell for ground floor unit.
And people tends to throw things down from upper floor so you need an umbrella or something to keep away the litters.
550 Yishun Avenue 6 #01-04
99 Yrs From 12/09/2000
$555
$735k
12 Aug 10
This is the latest price for ground floor. the average price for canopy is 680 psf. you have to check the facing, the renovation, the layout and is it better than other comparable units.
if for homestay and not near mrt, get the cheapest unit you can find and like cos the upside is limited and you might have to keep the unit for sometimes.
if in no hurry, just offer something you are comfortable. If cannot get, wait
for other units since you mentioned there are so many units on sale.
just my humble opinion.

the unit is in good condition, renovated. Guess there is no noon sun though it's not facing pool. I hv been looking for the cheapest unit ard but most of the time such units r either tenanted or in bad condition tat I need to do a major renovation.

I rili appreciate ur opinions as I'm a newbie in pte property.
Hv u consider units wich r bad condition n thn u do major renovation? Reason I ask is there is a unit in lilydale,condition average.I belief can close ard 690 or 700k.jus wonder if it's worth to get such a unit n then put in 20-30k Renovation? Once again thks for ur opinion

rattydrama
17-10-10, 23:47
If it is a nice reno that you like, you can really save time and money. But if you are particular and would like to change the ID, then buy a unit which can save u $50k for the renovation will be ideal.

Sgysfj
18-10-10, 07:07
If it is a nice reno that you like, you can really save time and money. But if you are particular and would like to change the ID, then buy a unit which can save u $50k for the renovation will be ideal.

Tats wat we r tinking. If we buy a unit wich is well maintain n nice reno-Ed,
then we can save time, effort on money although we most prob be paying more the unit.

We like the Reno n condition of tat particular unit n also another unit in woodsvale. If we do buy such units, we wnt chg d ID n jus will move in as the units r move in condition.

However we r tinking if we shld buy a average condition unit at a much cheaper price n do Reno.the price diference btw such units can be btw 50-70k.
Shld we spd the savings of 50k to 70k on Reno the units instd?

Sgysfj
18-10-10, 08:37
Although we like lilydale.. We r stil open to other projects in north... Any more suggestions/ comments are very much appreciated

fooblackie
18-10-10, 09:26

out of curiosity, which project did you buy eventually?

rattydrama
18-10-10, 09:29
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=10109

nice article, you may want to read this before you commit.

rattydrama
18-10-10, 09:31
out of curiosity, which project did you buy eventually?

You can ask me again in Jan 2011. :tongue4:

rattydrama
18-10-10, 09:34
there is no bench mark for renovation. Usually if owner pay 50k but when they sell they cannot really take back the 50k. You probably can nego and add another 20k for that renovation work that he has done in your own costing.

Just say that you dont like the reno and ask for better price lor.

Its a hassle to work with reno contractor and usually you end up paying more than what you have budgeted.

Tats wat we r tinking. If we buy a unit wich is well maintain n nice reno-Ed,
then we can save time, effort on money although we most prob be paying more the unit.

We like the Reno n condition of tat particular unit n also another unit in woodsvale. If we do buy such units, we wnt chg d ID n jus will move in as the units r move in condition.

However we r tinking if we shld buy a average condition unit at a much cheaper price n do Reno.the price diference btw such units can be btw 50-70k.
Shld we spd the savings of 50k to 70k on Reno the units instd?

rattydrama
18-10-10, 09:38
Have U viewed Orchid park? Very spacious inside and is near to amenities.:jaw-dropping:

this is an FEO old project. workmanship not so good in those period.

Sgysfj
18-10-10, 10:44
Tats y we wana avoid major renovation if possible.fair to say tat tis particular unit needs little or no renovation at all.jus wondering if buying it @ 560psf is a
good move now... Or it's buying wif our heart , not wif our head. Hvg said tat it is for our homestay.

Duno if we r able to nego the price down further based on the owners reno.. I tink it's one of their selling point

there is no bench mark for renovation. Usually if owner pay 50k but when they sell they cannot really take back the 50k. You probably can nego and add another 20k for that renovation work that he has done in your own costing.

Just say that you dont like the reno and ask for better price lor.

Its a hassle to work with reno contractor and usually you end up paying more than what you have budgeted.

rattydrama
18-10-10, 11:27
its about what price are you willing to pay after you do your own sum and comparison.

For example, If you dont have enough cash for downpayment n reno at the same time, you will have to get a cheaper unit which is probably a non renovated unit and do reno yourself much later if you really like lily that much.

I would say use our brain and not heart in decision making as ppty price in SG is very expensive.

If I were to buy into Malaysia property with a fraction of SG price, I will use my heart wholeheartedly.

Sgysfj
18-10-10, 17:47
its about what price are you willing to pay after you do your own sum and comparison.

For example, If you dont have enough cash for downpayment n reno at the same time, you will have to get a cheaper unit which is probably a non renovated unit and do reno yourself much later if you really like lily that much.

I would say use our brain and not heart in decision making as ppty price in SG is very expensive.

If I were to buy into Malaysia property with a fraction of SG price, I will use my heart wholeheartedly.

unfortunately I hv to put on hold all the plans coz d agent tat was selling my hse suddenly say both my buyers who had put in firm offers earlier pulled out. Tis hapens aft I ask him to allow me to speak to the buyers direct to nego. Haizzzz...

cashrich
18-10-10, 21:32
unfortunately I hv to put on hold all the plans coz d agent tat was selling my hse suddenly say both my buyers who had put in firm offers earlier pulled out. Tis hapens aft I ask him to allow me to speak to the buyers direct to nego. Haizzzz...

Dun take anybody's word for it. Ask for that 1% cheque... but make sure it clears too.

Talk is free. Talk Cock is laggi better.

zzz1
18-10-10, 22:06

since you engage e agent, you should let them or push them to do the necessaries. be it neg, utilise their service. Push them work harder for their comm...Also your agent may pull a fast for that..i don think the buyer back up if they are serious buyer...

If you have signed exclusive, then let them(agent) bring in new viewers...is matter of time..

If you are unable to tie in/bridge in the new hse..a better unit later part..if it is your, it is yours.

as for me, when i put in an offer, i push the agent(represent buyer) to neg. depending the conunter offer, i will adjust..if the seller/agent too hard core..i usually back up...move on to llok for next unit..

Sgysfj
18-10-10, 22:15
I tink d agent trying to pull a fast one cos only yesterday tat particular buyer put in a better offer then today wen I ask d agent to let me talk n nego wif the buyer, the agent inform the buyer pull out.

Now d agent suggests to accept the other offer which is lower abt 5k and he will cut his commision to 1%.

Rili all tis stories are making me n wife tired.we duno who to trust anymore

since you engage e agent, you should let them or push them to do the necessaries. be it neg, utilise their service. Push them work harder for their comm...Also your agent may pull a fast for that..i don think the buyer back up if they are serious buyer...

If you have signed exclusive, then let them(agent) bring in new viewers...is matter of time..

If you are unable to tie in/bridge in the new hse..a better unit later part..if it is your, it is yours.

as for me, when i put in an offer, i push the agent(represent buyer) to neg. depending the conunter offer, i will adjust..if the seller/agent too hard core..i usually back up...move on to llok for next unit..

zzz1
18-10-10, 22:16
the unit is in good condition, renovated. Guess there is no noon sun though it's not facing pool. I hv been looking for the cheapest unit ard but most of the time such units r either tenanted or in bad condition tat I need to do a major renovation.

I rili appreciate ur opinions as I'm a newbie in pte property.
Hv u consider units wich r bad condition n thn u do major renovation? Reason I ask is there is a unit in lilydale,condition average.I belief can close ard 690 or 700k.jus wonder if it's worth to get such a unit n then put in 20-30k Renovation? Once again thks for ur opinion

I had viewed few unit there also...most of the unit are generally well kept. i like the wooden sliding doors leading to the kitchen...believed that developer had done a good job also...

there will be many unit for you to choice...alot units had put for sale

zzz1
18-10-10, 22:20
I tink d agent trying to pull a fast one cos only yesterday tat particular buyer put in a better offer then today wen I ask d agent to let me talk n nego wif the buyer, the agent inform the buyer pull out.

Now d agent suggests to accept the other offer which is lower abt 5k and he will cut his commision to 1%.

look like he just want to close a deal to realise the comm..How you u had marketing your unit?

Sgysfj
18-10-10, 22:25
I had viewed few unit there also...most of the unit are generally well kept. i like the wooden sliding doors leading to the kitchen...believed that developer had done a good job also...

there will be many unit for you to choice...alot units had put for sale

Wat is ur general sentiment of the place? U buying it for homestay or investment?I hv viewed more than 5 units there n so far only one impressed us n we r abt to make an offer for it til a cock up happen.
Now we wnt knw if we wil ever find another one lik tat shld we miss it

in any case, do u tink the units r worth to buy now based solely on pricing alone?I'm asking cuz if compared to northoaks / woodsvale, lilydale pricing is slightly higher..

Komo
18-10-10, 22:26
if you're not looking at new launches, really, second hand freehold better. Price not much difference.

Sgysfj
18-10-10, 22:28
look like he just want to close a deal to realise the comm..How you u had marketing your unit?

Jus coming 3 weeks. It's our first time selling n buying. I must say it's a scary process with alot of time bombs n traps. It's not So straightforward as wat I expected it to be

Sgysfj
18-10-10, 22:30
if you're not looking at new launches, really, second hand freehold better. Price not much difference.

Rili? I tot freeholds in the north like seletaris etc are much more expensive?
Can get a 3 bedder for 750k plus minus?

In wat way are the freehold beta than leasehold?

Komo
18-10-10, 23:02
Seletaris still offer good value. looks like transaction is heating up!

Address
Tenure
PSF
Area Sqft
Price
Contract Date
505 Sembawang Road #04-40
Freehold
$661
$890k
24 Sep 10
505 Sembawang Road #04-38
Freehold
$624
$820k
09 Sep 10
507 Sembawang Road #01-51
Freehold
$588
$905k
09 Sep 10
511 Sembawang Road #04-76
Freehold
$639
$908k
13 Aug 10
501 Sembawang Road #01-15
Freehold
$614
$985k
12 Aug 10
509 Sembawang Road #03-60
Freehold
$645
$1070k
10 Aug 10
505 Sembawang Road #03-36
Freehold
$597
$810k
28 Jul 10
501 Sembawang Road #04-09
Freehold
$663
$1085k
21 Jul 10
505 Sembawang Road #03-44
Freehold
$622
$750k
28 Jun 10

zzz1
18-10-10, 23:02
Wat is ur general sentiment of the place? U buying it for homestay or investment?I hv viewed more than 5 units there n so far only one impressed us n we r abt to make an offer for it til a cock up happen.
Now we wnt knw if we wil ever find another one lik tat shld we miss it

in any case, do u tink the units r worth to buy now based solely on pricing alone?I'm asking cuz if compared to northoaks / woodsvale, lilydale pricing is slightly higher..

i had viewed few unit, was considering tenancy out and seat on capital appreciation before the new launch. However, did not materialise the plan.

Most of the units are well kept, higher floor can catch some seaview and the air hub is near the coner..If you are looking for home stay..it should be fine...

zzz1
18-10-10, 23:05
505 Sembawang Road #04-40 was previouslly done in Feb 10 below 600psf. that unit is facing the disposal/substation side. ...

Last heard agent told me that development checking if feasible to do a hot spring...any updates..?

zzz1
19-10-10, 00:04
505 Sembawang Road #04-40 was previouslly done in Feb 10 below 600psf. that unit is facing the disposal/substation side. ...

Last heard agent told me that development checking if feasible to do a hot spring...any updates..?

CORRECTION:

It was done at slightly above 600 psf and not below ....memory is getting rusty ...

rattydrama
19-10-10, 00:22
For HDB, only can take 1K cash and not 1%. So unless an OTP is signed, there is nothing you can do if buyer decides not to exercise the TOP. All you have is the 1K to be shared with the agent 50/50.

Selling HDB is quite troublesome.

Dun take anybody's word for it. Ask for that 1% cheque... but make sure it clears too.

Talk is free. Talk Cock is laggi better.

devilplate
19-10-10, 00:29
For HDB, only can take 1K cash and not 1%. So unless an OTP is signed, there is nothing you can do if buyer decides not to exercise the TOP. All you have is the 1K to be shared with the agent 50/50.

Selling HDB is quite troublesome.

den dun sell lah:p

rattydrama
19-10-10, 00:44
This is how I did my sale and everyone is happy over it. No complaints, no ifs, no buts and no I think.

I sign an exclusive with the agent for a 2% com. I ask the agent to sell at a price way above the market price X. He wanted to earn my com so he agrees.

But actually my target price is 50K below my price given to the agent which is price Y.

The agent work demn hard cos of the 2% com. He packed all viewings at one go for 3 weekends to create buyer's interest and sms all viewers if an genuine offer came by. Every week, I sms him for update and sometimes after a weeknites ad hoc viewings (2nd viewings), I invite him to drink coffee.

After 3 weeks, he came back with an offer which is 30k below the X price.

I accepted the offer immediately because is 20K above my Y price. And I told him, because you cannot sell at X price, your commission has to be cut to compensate my lost of 30K. The agent LL and agreed with me. I put him into a situation that either he takes it or he dont have any commission at all.

I actually want to cut more but my hubby say let him earn a living. Now my agent gave me all his tips into buying and selling cos it was a fast deal. I learn a handful from him.

mantrix
19-10-10, 01:46

Now the agent suggests to accept the other offer which is lower abt 5k and he will cut his commision to 1%.

i encountered same case before - but i was the buyer. The reality is likely to be someone offered a high price for your flat, but the agent gets 1.5% comm. The other guy offered lower, BUT had a condition that he needed to sell his house first (there are already ready buyers - and guess who's the agent for that?)

Go with the first, get 1.5% comm. Go with second, get 1% + 1.5% comm. Nuff said...:cool:

Sgysfj
19-10-10, 09:56
i encountered same case before - but i was the buyer. The reality is likely to be someone offered a high price for your flat, but the agent gets 1.5% comm. The other guy offered lower, BUT had a condition that he needed to sell his house first (there are already ready buyers - and guess who's the agent for that?)

Go with the first, get 1.5% comm. Go with second, get 1% + 1.5% comm. Nuff said...:cool:

All tis is mkg me tink twice abt selling..duno who to trust

Sgysfj
19-10-10, 09:58
In my cAse duno if I can try tis.. But it's worth a shot...

This is how I did my sale and everyone is happy over it. No complaints, no ifs, no buts and no I think.

I sign an exclusive with the agent for a 2% com. I ask the agent to sell at a price way above the market price X. He wanted to earn my com so he agrees.

But actually my target price is 50K below my price given to the agent which is price Y.

The agent work demn hard cos of the 2% com. He packed all viewings at one go for 3 weekends to create buyer's interest and sms all viewers if an genuine offer came by. Every week, I sms him for update and sometimes after a weeknites ad hoc viewings (2nd viewings), I invite him to drink coffee.

After 3 weeks, he came back with an offer which is 30k below the X price.

I accepted the offer immediately because is 20K above my Y price. And I told him, because you cannot sell at X price, your commission has to be cut to compensate my lost of 30K. The agent LL and agreed with me. I put him into a situation that either he takes it or he dont have any commission at all.

I actually want to cut more but my hubby say let him earn a living. Now my agent gave me all his tips into buying and selling cos it was a fast deal. I learn a handful from him.

devilplate
19-10-10, 10:06

ur hubby is more humane....:p

rattydrama
19-10-10, 10:33
I guess its in our DNA to ask for the cheapest. haha. Man are different. At one point I told him we might not want to sell if he cannot get the X price due to the 30 Aug ruling. He's more nervous than us.

ur hubby is more humane....:p

Sgysfj
19-10-10, 22:59
I guess its in our DNA to ask for the cheapest. haha. Man are different. At one point I told him we might not want to sell if he cannot get the X price due to the 30 Aug ruling. He's more nervous than us.

I rili shld have read abt ur method of dealings wif agents before we started selling. It's a great strategy I must say. Well, it's abit late now..Haizzzz

mantrix
20-10-10, 12:01
Rili? I tot freeholds in the north like seletaris etc are much more expensive?
Can get a 3 bedder for 750k plus minus?

In wat way are the freehold beta than leasehold?

There are 3 in the area - Northwood (140 units), Sensoria (70) and Seletaris (600+?)

Northwood is the newest (TOP last year), followed by Sensoria (3 years) and Seletaris (around 10 I think)

Prices for Seletaris is cheapest, though it's really old and in the flight path of the helicopters. Also beside 2 busy roads with nary a coffeeshop nearby...not my top choice obviously. I won't buy just cause it's cheap.

Since you are not decided on anything might as well visit more condos to open up your options. Both Northwood and Seletaris asking around 750 to 8xx psf so worth a look - within your price range I guess.

Freeholds never expire generally but leaseholds, after 15 years, will depreciate since they have a limited lease. So in future, assuming you've stayed for 10 years at the LH condo, it will be close to 20 years old. Unless it has a good location or some thomson line mrt pops up beside it, chances are prices will appreciate (if any after 10 years) slower than a FH.

devilplate
20-10-10, 12:24
i am amazed tat northwood r transacting at around 800psf!

60 Jalan Mata Ayer #03-06
Freehold
$772
$1030k
08 Sep 10
60 Jalan Mata Ayer #03-08
Freehold
$802
$1070k
16 Aug 10
66 Jalan Mata Ayer #03-17
Freehold
$792
$1040k
26 Jul 10

if allow to build high flr..mabe the views will be fantastic....wat a waste

mantrix
20-10-10, 12:52
i am amazed tat northwood r transacting at around 800psf!

60 Jalan Mata Ayer #03-06
Freehold
$772
$1030k
08 Sep 10
60 Jalan Mata Ayer #03-08
Freehold
$802
$1070k
16 Aug 10
66 Jalan Mata Ayer #03-17
Freehold
$792
$1040k
26 Jul 10

if allow to build high flr..mabe the views will be fantastic....wat a waste

Have you been inside? It's not bad really...like a different world. If air base moves, height restrictions will be removed and Northwood, Euphony, Seletaris all en bloc :)

devilplate
20-10-10, 12:55
Have you been inside? It's not bad really...like a different world. If air base moves, height restrictions will be removed and Northwood, Euphony, Seletaris all en bloc :)

nvr explore north ppty....nvr want to stay there and duno who to rent out to if invest there.....

pics from pptyguru not impressive leh....the pool area looks plain....nvr do landscaping....

mantrix
20-10-10, 13:07
nvr explore north ppty....nvr want to stay there and duno who to rent out to if invest there.....

pics from pptyguru not impressive leh....the pool area looks plain....nvr do landscaping....

Agree pics don't do justice...anyway if u not intending to stay in north then no point. There are people who only do North, and I know of guys who swear by the East. However North has been depressed for far too long so when it picks up, it'll be picking up relatively faster than other areas...

rattydrama
21-10-10, 12:43
her budget is 750K not 750psf if I read it correctly.

There are 3 in the area - Northwood (140 units), Sensoria (70) and Seletaris (600+?)

Northwood is the newest (TOP last year), followed by Sensoria (3 years) and Seletaris (around 10 I think)

Prices for Seletaris is cheapest, though it's really old and in the flight path of the helicopters. Also beside 2 busy roads with nary a coffeeshop nearby...not my top choice obviously. I won't buy just cause it's cheap.

Since you are not decided on anything might as well visit more condos to open up your options. Both Northwood and Seletaris asking around 750 to 8xx psf so worth a look - within your price range I guess.

Freeholds never expire generally but leaseholds, after 15 years, will depreciate since they have a limited lease. So in future, assuming you've stayed for 10 years at the LH condo, it will be close to 20 years old. Unless it has a good location or some thomson line mrt pops up beside it, chances are prices will appreciate (if any after 10 years) slower than a FH.

rattydrama
21-10-10, 12:45
so far north property is the cheapest thats why few forumers are now looking at north property.

devilplate
21-10-10, 12:47
so far north property is the cheapest thats why few forumers are now looking at north property.

cheap doesnt mean gd.....for own stay still ok....

'cheap or laggard' only perform when other areas r overpriced or hit price resistance...so when market turns bearish.....cheap will becomes cheapestttt:p

do u notice some forumers also mention abt geylang apts recently?? during bear market, wud they bother to look at geylang?

northwoods at 800psf....i dun tink it is undervalued:2cents:

rattydrama
21-10-10, 12:56
it has been lagging behind for so long. If you look at woodlands 15 years ago, it was less populated but this estate is growing by the days. Amenities are improving so cheaper may not be necessary be cheaper in the near future.

And there are rooms for the price to catch up against those nearby estate such as Ang Mo Kio.

In future, people may want to start looking at north property away from the city mm units and tiny 3 bedders at a much discounted price.

agree for own stay and maybe long term if you dont have so much cash for ppty.

'cheap or laggard' only perform when other areas r overpriced or hit price resistance...so when market turns bearish.....cheap will becomes cheapestttt:p

do u notice some forumers also mention abt geylang apts recently?? during bear market, wud they bother to look at geylang?

devilplate
21-10-10, 12:57
it has been lagging behind for so long. If you look at woodlands 15 years ago, it was less populated but this estate is growing by the days. Amenities are improving so cheaper may not be necessary be cheaper in the near future.

And there are rooms for the price to catch up against those nearby estate such as Ang Mo Kio.

In future, people may want to start looking at north property away from the city mm units and tiny 3 bedders at a much discounted price.

which projects in the north do u tink r currently still undervalued?

rattydrama
21-10-10, 12:58
which projects in the north do u tink r currently still undervalued?

woodgrove condo perhaps

devilplate
21-10-10, 13:02
woodgrove condo perhaps

hmm...northoak about same psf but still can walk to MRT...

in the east...projects like melville park/elias green also sort of undervalued liao by comparison...

the florida also seems undervalued...

still got a handful of old 99LH projects at below 600psf

buy to stay ok as its is affordable....but to invest....err....wat u guys say?

Sgysfj
21-10-10, 13:32
her budget is 750K not 750psf if I read it correctly.
Partly ONI madam.. Budget is correct but I'm a he

devilplate
21-10-10, 13:35
Partly ONI madam.. Budget is correct but I'm a he

as investment point of view...i wud choose woodsvale(nearest to MRT)

lilydale got nice reservoir view anot? if got, can consider:D

Sgysfj
21-10-10, 14:05
as investment point of view...i wud choose woodsvale(nearest to MRT)

lilydale got nice reservoir view anot? if got, can consider:D

Have been to both lilydale n woodsvale. Rili like lilydale serenity n peacefulness.

The unit we wan at lilydale is one the groundfloor, renovated nicely n well taken care of.it comes wif a patio wich is someting tat we like.groundflr also means no reservoir view...

We r buying for homestay.. Jus looking to upgrade as we can afford it now although we understd the mrt proximity consideration.

In any case, considering to chg agent as we r quite keen to upgrade... However we r oso afraid we might fall into the same situation again wif the agents.. Haizzzz.. Rili din expect selling hse so complicated.

devilplate
21-10-10, 14:09
Have been to both lilydale n woodsvale. Rili like lilydale serenity n peacefulness.

The unit we wan at lilydale is one the groundfloor, renovated nicely n well taken care of.it comes wif a patio wich is someting tat we like.groundflr also means no reservoir view...

We r buying for homestay.. Jus looking to upgrade as we can afford it now although we understd the mrt proximity consideration.

In any case, considering to chg agent as we r quite keen to upgrade... However we r oso afraid we might fall into the same situation again wif the agents.. Haizzzz.. Rili din expect selling hse so complicated.

take it easy....learning curve for u.....:cheers6:

Sgysfj
21-10-10, 14:20
take it easy....learning curve for u.....:cheers6:
On side note, have u been to euphony or lilydale? My take is tat once u enter, it's like a different world altogether. Unlike woodsvale or northoaks wich r similar to the buzzness of hdb estate.

Rili appreciate the peacefulness of both projects n rili we r quite keen to feel woodgrove condo, however units there are hard to come by.

devilplate
21-10-10, 14:31
On side note, have u been to euphony or lilydale? My take is tat once u enter, it's like a different world altogether. Unlike woodsvale or northoaks wich r similar to the buzzness of hdb estate.

Rili appreciate the peacefulness of both projects n rili we r quite keen to feel woodgrove condo, however units there are hard to come by.

canopy just beside lilydale rite? may have mozzie problems for the next 3yrs during construction period:2cents:

Sgysfj
21-10-10, 14:38
canopy just beside lilydale rite? may have mozzie problems for the next 3yrs during construction period:2cents:

Wah liew... U r killing my flame for lilydale la.... Hahahaha

mantrix
21-10-10, 17:50

when you start comparing to Meadows@Pierce (1200psf) or Greenwich (1400psf, 99LH) it starts to look like a bargain...

DC33_2008
21-10-10, 18:54
May not be fair to compare these projects?

Komo
21-10-10, 19:17
May not be fair to compare these projects?
Ya ..freehold vs leasehold :D :D

mantrix
21-10-10, 22:24
Ya ..freehold vs leasehold :D :D

Northwood is freehold.

Meadows is as well.

Fact that Greenwich, a leasehold, is close to double of NW (in terms of psf) is testimonial enough?

Else compare Forest Hills (less than 600psf) - only 40% of greenwich but location is sama sama. Super deal then??

To threadstarter - have you considered Forest Hills? May be even more peaceful than your lilydale :)

Sgysfj
21-10-10, 22:36
Northwood is freehold.

Meadows is as well.

Fact that Greenwich, a leasehold, is close to double of NW (in terms of psf) is testimonial enough?

Else compare Forest Hills (less than 600psf) - only 40% of greenwich but location is sama sama. Super deal then??

To threadstarter - have you considered Forest Hills? May be even more peaceful than your lilydale :)

We did.. Wanted to view but now have to put on hold becoz of our flat....

mantrix
21-10-10, 23:09
We did.. Wanted to view but now have to put on hold becoz of our flat....

You should - at least when things are better you have more options.

It's v peaceful and tranquil and the balinese style is quite charming. Propertyguru says there are only 128 units and it's a full fledged condo unlike lilydale, yet price is less than that of Lily's. No supermart nearby but coffeeshops aplenty with 7 eleven right at the doorstep...anyway I think that place has a lot of potential :)

rattydrama
21-10-10, 23:28
euphony think not too bad better than your lily cos that whole stretch are all private ppty, the price should hold better. If it is next to one of future thomson line station, you wont regret buying one now.

Sgysfj
22-10-10, 00:15
You should - at least when things are better you have more options.

It's v peaceful and tranquil and the balinese style is quite charming. Propertyguru says there are only 128 units and it's a full fledged condo unlike lilydale, yet price is less than that of Lily's. No supermart nearby but coffeeshops aplenty with 7 eleven right at the doorstep...anyway I think that place has a lot of potential :)

Thanks we definitely would.. Rite now we concentrating on the sale of our flat 1st.. Hopefuli it wnt be a repeat of the 1st time...
We actuali were looking at low rise such at euphony or woodgrove condo but main thing is GOOD units there are hard to come by.
So we actuali settle for lilydale wich we did Find serene n peaceful enuf..

Sgysfj
22-10-10, 00:17
euphony think not too bad better than your lily cos that whole stretch are all private ppty, the price should hold better. If it is next to one of future thomson line station, you wont regret buying one now.

We have viewed tWo units at euphony. We love the ambience there. Units are asking ard 700k, however the facing, condition is not so good.the units r tenanted, now vacant. Needs major facelift for both.
Tats y we decided not to pursue...

rattydrama
22-10-10, 00:29
We have viewed tWo units at euphony. We love the ambience there. Units are asking ard 700k, however the facing, condition is not so good.the units r tenanted, now vacant. Needs major facelift for both.

with an element of luck, euphony garden need not wait long, easier to get than Woodgrove condo.

anyway, if projects are readily available, it may also mean that it has been left on sale for sometimes or alot of people actually want to sell so upside is limited or need to wait a little longer to break even.

mantrix
22-10-10, 07:00
Thanks we definitely would.. Rite now we concentrating on the sale of our flat 1st.. Hopefuli it wnt be a repeat of the 1st time...
We actuali were looking at low rise such at euphony or woodgrove condo but main thing is GOOD units there are hard to come by.
So we actuali settle for lilydale wich we did Find serene n peaceful enuf..

FYI Forest Hill is low-rise too - not more than 5 storeys...

As Ratty said, chances of Euphony / Northwood (Forest hil as well) being side by side a TL MRT is possible - then it will be a well predicted jackpot :)

Komo
22-10-10, 07:10
Have you checked out yishun sapphire and emerald? Very well maintained. They have a strong management team. Could be possible for thomson line to come near here.

kingkong1984
22-10-10, 07:14
For self stay, that is a good choice. I will bet on it to have a mrt station in future, right at the side of the road. If u drive, it is ok to stay there. Forest hills.

mantrix
22-10-10, 07:15
Have you checked out yishun sapphire and emerald? Very well maintained. They have a strong management team. Could be possible for thomson line to come near here.

I've suggested that before...but highly unlikely they will be next to TL given they are already beside the NS line. Though possibility is there that an extra station to be opened between Yishun and Sembawang.

Remember, MRT lines tend to run next to a 2x3 road...

rattydrama
22-10-10, 07:43

I heard these 2 projects alot of ah nei from agent. Opp industrial estate, location waste not so ideal.

devilplate
22-10-10, 09:20
I heard these 2 projects alot of ah nei from agent. Opp industrial estate, location waste not so ideal.

ah nei population getting bigger leh....next time duno which other condos will become their new enclave:eek:

Sgysfj
22-10-10, 09:40

Yes we have check both. Somehow quite similar feel to woodsvale.
Nevertheless we keeping options open..

Sgysfj
22-10-10, 09:41
FYI Forest Hill is low-rise too - not more than 5 storeys...

As Ratty said, chances of Euphony / Northwood (Forest hil as well) being side by side a TL MRT is possible - then it will be a well predicted jackpot :)

Definitely will check out forest hill since it's so recommended..
Low rise seems to have a more laid back feel rather than high rise

rattydrama
22-10-10, 11:43
forest hill like out of sight out of mind. next time can sell or not?

Definitely will check out forest hill since it's so recommended..
Low rise seems to have a more laid back feel rather than high rise

mantrix
22-10-10, 11:52
forest hill like out of sight out of mind. next time can sell or not?

It depends on whether one wants to speculate or stay for longer term (by then thomson line would have radically changed the pricing of surrounding properties)

Most would argue almost all properties in far north are 'out of sight, out of mind' - this used to be a common statement some time back for the West...how times have changed...

rattydrama
22-10-10, 13:25
But I think it has to be freehold to play it safe. 850K LH not too attractive for now. Not familar with this area. Are there any FH projects nearby?

It depends on whether one wants to speculate or stay for longer term (by then thomson line would have radically changed the pricing of surrounding properties)

Most would argue almost all properties in far north are 'out of sight, out of mind' - this used to be a common statement some time back for the West...how times have changed...

mantrix
22-10-10, 16:47
But I think it has to be freehold to play it safe. 850K LH not too attractive for now. Not familar with this area. Are there any FH projects nearby?

That's obviously overpriced (common occurence in propertyguru). 600psf is reasonable though. Nearest is Northwood (along same stretch) or Meadows at Pierce. Calrose is not too far from Meadows but in middle of HDBs facing some private housing across the road.

When Thomson line announced in 2013 (I think?) Forest Hills will still be less than 10 years old - look at Orchid Park condo, 16 grand years and still going strong...

rattydrama
22-10-10, 17:21
It will be good to look at FH if there are FH and LH projects around the same vicinity. For Orchid Park – the price was depressed for a long time. It is only recently that the price has been revived by MCL land project next door.

But going forward, I don’t think there is any advantage of holding on to Orchid Park since there will be more and more new projects coming up in Yishun and North Area. Orchid Park Condo is aging – need more money for repair and maintenance and more difficult to sell with decent profits because of 3 yr SSD etc….

Old HDB still can buy cos still under government but not for private old condo – exposure is high.

If Thomson Line is up, likely that new developments along the Thomson Line areas will have an edge, those further away from MRT in ulu parts of north will soon be forgotten.

That's obviously overpriced (common occurence in propertyguru). 600psf is reasonable though. Nearest is Northwood (along same stretch) or Meadows at Pierce. Calrose is not too far from Meadows but in middle of HDBs facing some private housing across the road.

When Thomson line announced in 2013 (I think?) Forest Hills will still be less than 10 years old - look at Orchid Park condo, 16 grand years and still going strong...

mantrix
22-10-10, 18:29
It will be good to look at FH if there are FH and LH projects around the same vicinity. For Orchid Park – the price was depressed for a long time. It is only recently that the price has been revived by MCL land project next door.

But going forward, I don’t think there is any advantage of holding on to Orchid Park since there will be more and more new projects coming up in Yishun and North Area. Orchid Park Condo is aging – need more money for repair and maintenance and more difficult to sell with decent profits because of 3 yr SSD etc….

Old HDB still can buy cos still under government but not for private old condo – exposure is high.

If Thomson Line is up, likely that new developments along the Thomson Line areas will have an edge, those further away from MRT in ulu parts of north will soon be forgotten.

Yup completely agree with you...it's important to buy near the thomson line...hence this is a golden time to invest (or speculate if you will) since thomson line stations not announced yet, unlike the other lines...even if guess is wrong no worries cos prices are depressed relatively anyways...

amk
22-10-10, 18:57
Even when the Thomson line stations are announced,it will be a long time before it's built. 2018 ? And for the time leading to that u will see big constructions and road diversions. During such long period, many pty or economic cycles may have already occurred. Personally I find it pointless speculating ard any future mrt line stations. Look at circle line. All those pty along that line did not go up until last year, when everywhere else also went up.

mantrix
22-10-10, 19:06
Even when the Thomson line stations are announced,it will be a long time before it's built. 2018 ? And for the time leading to that u will see big constructions and road diversions. During such long period, many pty or economic cycles may have already occurred. Personally I find it pointless speculating ard any future mrt line stations. Look at circle line. All those pty along that line did not go up until last year, when everywhere else also went up.

Well it's gonna start a trend - people didn't look at new mrt stations but now they do...

rattydrama
22-10-10, 22:32
I guess we are referring to upside potential. The cash outlay for buying north ppty is lesser as compared to other areas. Yep the time frame is long but these days pple invest and buy base on potential. When all are fully built and decided, there is no more incentive to buy as the prices then would have factor in those new amenities. So during that time, it may make sense to sell if buying for investment purpose.

These days city area ppty is high and ordinary folks find it hard to swallow.

rattydrama
22-10-10, 22:47
Well it's gonna start a trend - people didn't look at new mrt stations but now they do...

Look at ppty guru, what are the 2 main search criteria?

Nearest MRT
Nearest Schools

For a long time, this will be the case.

There are so many apartments these days and this will make ppty search more difficult.

Sgysfj
23-10-10, 00:31
We passed up a chance to view a 3 bedded last weekend at forest hill. Din know much abt the project then.. Most prob it is above budget of 750k.. However read in property guru tat the facilities are not as many as other condos... I mayb wrong though

mantrix
23-10-10, 09:56
We passed up a chance to view a 3 bedded last weekend at forest hill. Din know much abt the project then.. Most prob it is above budget of 750k.. However read in property guru tat the facilities are not as many as other condos... I mayb wrong though

I've had a look inside - full fledged condo facilities...even with full size tennis court, steam room and nice lap pool. The gym has a great view of the pool being right beside it. Very laid back and tranquil and even nicer at night. Went to look at the PH which had an excellent view but owner was not that willing to let go at my price so pity...good tenant mix and I saw some caucasians lounging by the pool with one in the gym.

The place is on uneven ground and coupled with its balinese theme and recent paint, it's quite nice really.

Interesting trivia - back in 2006, the psf here was already going for around 500psf while that of northoaks / woodsvale was 300+. Since then, nothing much has changed for all these condos yet their asking now is the same. Suspect this could be because FH owners were not that eager to sell or to upgrade since their families are mainly mature...

Sgysfj
23-10-10, 12:33
I've had a look inside - full fledged condo facilities...even with full size tennis court, steam room and nice lap pool. The gym has a great view of the pool being right beside it. Very laid back and tranquil and even nicer at night. Went to look at the PH which had an excellent view but owner was not that willing to let go at my price so pity...good tenant mix and I saw some caucasians lounging by the pool with one in the gym.

The place is on uneven ground and coupled with its balinese theme and recent paint, it's quite nice really.

Interesting trivia - back in 2006, the psf here was already going for around 500psf while that of northoaks / woodsvale was 300+. Since then, nothing much has changed for all these condos yet their asking now is the same. Suspect this could be because FH owners were not that eager to sell or to upgrade since their families are mainly mature...

Will try to arrange to view once again since it's so highly recommended

rattydrama
23-10-10, 12:47
today classified there is an adv on woodgrove cond. You probably can check it out and let us know the asking price. wanna know if people are buy this project cos of the land next door.

mantrix
23-10-10, 12:51
Will try to arrange to view once again since it's so highly recommended

Dun set your expectations too high though ;)

Sgysfj
23-10-10, 12:59
today classified there is an adv on woodgrove cond. You probably can check it out and let us know the asking price. wanna know if people are buy this project cos of the land next door.

We wld probably start luking at units again once there is further developments wif the sale of our flat..now view oni make us salivate.. Hahahhahahahaahahahahahah

rattydrama
23-10-10, 13:00
Dun set your expectations too high though ;) this is true for selling.

tot for house hunting should set high expectations to get the right unit.

Sgysfj
23-10-10, 13:00
Dun set your expectations too high though ;)
Having seen the setting of euphony, tink it's safe to say we wld probably like forest hills as well...however the unit may not fit our budget

rattydrama
23-10-10, 13:04
Having seen the setting of euphony, tink it's safe to say we wld probably like forest hills as well...however the unit may not fit our budget
just take note that 6XX psf is the current pricing for north areas and paris ris areas. If you set lower than that, then I think it will be difficult to get any CHOICE unit liao.

lily maybe but it will be for a long time to break even so be prepared. so sometimes I just feel that paying 50k more for that choice location is still worthwhile.

rattydrama
23-10-10, 13:05
We wld probably start luking at units again once there is further developments wif the sale of our flat..now view oni make us salivate.. Hahahhahahahaahahahahahah

ya until no salivate, you will be able to think straight.... just go...

Sgysfj
23-10-10, 13:26
just take note that 6XX psf is the current pricing for north areas and paris ris areas. If you set lower than that, then I think it will be difficult to get any CHOICE unit liao.

lily maybe but it will be for a long time to break even so be prepared. so sometimes I just feel that paying 50k more for that choice location is still worthwhile.

So in ur view, euphony, forest hills n seletaris r choice locations?
Lily, woodsvale etc are not? Even for home stay?

Sgysfj
23-10-10, 13:35

The unit tat we like at lily was gg at ard 560psf... All the while I for lily commands a higher price thn woodsvale n northoaks..
Btw choice UNITs means my choice unit? Or means choice unit in investment point of view? Tis I'm not clear..

rattydrama
23-10-10, 13:36
So in ur view, euphony, forest hills n seletaris r choice locations?
Lily, woodsvale etc are not? Even for home stay?

I know some forumers here will say do not mix investment ppty and own stay ppty, go with your heart and not yr brain, buy at first sight if you like it so much etcc......

That could hold if we are talking about cheaper ppty say 5 yrs ago. The financial commitment is not high and u can get a 500-600k ppty with decent size during that time. Salary has not really adjusted these much if you read from newspaper report few weeks or even few months back.

Right now, the ppty price is at all time high. do you want to risk your beloved ppty and see them in negative equity in the next 10 yrs or maybe for the rest of your life?

You have the choice.

I would say if can afford anything near MRT with lots of amenities is quite safe or with the potential to be near future mrt or major developments.

mantrix
23-10-10, 13:37

Nah there's always a fair bit of markup for them to see if they can get a lucky break...

Check streetsine for recent caveats, all below 600psf :)

Sgysfj
23-10-10, 14:02
I know some forumers here will say do not mix investment ppty and own stay ppty, go with your heart and not yr brain, buy at first sight if you like it so much etcc......

That could hold if we are talking about cheaper ppty say 5 yrs ago. The financial commitment is not high and u can get a 500-600k ppty with decent size during that time. Salary has not really adjusted these much if you read from newspaper report few weeks or even few months back.

Right now, the ppty price is at all time high. do you want to risk your beloved ppty and see them in negative equity in the next 10 yrs or maybe for the rest of your life?

You have the choice.

I would say if can afford anything near MRT with lots of amenities is quite safe
or with the potential to be near future mrt or major developments.

I was tinking b4,nw property r at all time high..will it be better to wait till it comes down b4 selling n buying? I'm looking at the range u mentioned.. 500-600k region..wat r ur tots? I knw if I buy low I will oso sell low but most prob I wnt get into the negative equity problem...

But there are some who told me tat for home stay no time is a good time..jus buy

Sgysfj
23-10-10, 14:06
Nah there's always a fair bit of markup for them to see if they can get a lucky break...

Check streetsine for recent caveats, all below 600psf :)

Agree wif u.. Have checked caveats, woodsvale lily northoaks etc r going below 600psf n oso noticed price has stagnated since the announcement

rattydrama
23-10-10, 14:09
those the sizes maybe quite big if not usually ECs. Well, 5XX psf still cheap if in good locations cos now the land price hover around 280psf.

rattydrama
23-10-10, 14:12
choice unit means those few that has got the best facing, high floor in a particular project and you wish to buy it but maybe owner dont want to let go due to price.

500 - 600k range of ppty now cannot get. You have to wait super long if not will be HDB flat.

The only concern now is the ppty has been chased up over the last 9 quarters and will it continues?

The unit tat we like at lily was gg at ard 560psf... All the while I for lily commands a higher price thn woodsvale n northoaks..
Btw choice UNITs means my choice unit? Or means choice unit in investment point of view? Tis I'm not clear..

Sgysfj
23-10-10, 14:15
choice unit means those few that has got the best facing, high floor in a particular project and you wish to buy it but maybe owner dont want to let go due to price.
Thks... Tat means d grdfloor lily unit is definitely not termed as a choice unit...

rattydrama
23-10-10, 14:17
never like ground floor units.

Sgysfj
23-10-10, 17:46
Ratty jus an update, I have made an appt to view a unit at forest hills tmr.. Asking price is 788k NETT.. will give a further review tmr..

mantrix
23-10-10, 20:56
Ratty jus an update, I have made an appt to view a unit at forest hills tmr.. Asking price is 788k NETT.. will give a further review tmr..

Checking recent caveats, think their lowest could go to 720K...have fun

Sgysfj
23-10-10, 21:44
Checking recent caveats, think their lowest could go to 720K...have fun

i oso checked....latest in september is 570psf....hmmmmmm

devilplate
23-10-10, 22:39
i oso checked....latest in september is 570psf....hmmmmmm

sell ur HDB first....den view... unless u enjoy house viewing aka window shopping

gd deals hard to come by and being snap up very fast(within days)....so now u see also useless as u cannot commit:D

mantrix
23-10-10, 22:45
sell ur HDB first....den view... unless u enjoy house viewing aka window shopping

gd deals hard to come by and being snap up very fast(within days)....so now u see also useless as u cannot commit:D

It's different for the north...a good deal could be there for a few mths yet no takers...simply because many investors in the past tend to focus on the east or CCR...

So good to get a number of options...anyway important thing is not the unit since there always will be someone selling, but the feel of the project...

devilplate
23-10-10, 22:54
It's different for the north...a good deal could be there for a few mths yet no takers...simply because many investors in the past tend to focus on the east or CCR...

So good to get a number of options...anyway important thing is not the unit since there always will be someone selling, but the feel of the project...

gd deals will be there for MTHS???? u sure tat is a gd deal???? if so, y buy? next time sell cheap cheap alsdo no takers?:scared-1:

mantrix
24-10-10, 06:53
gd deals will be there for MTHS???? u sure tat is a gd deal???? if so, y buy? next time sell cheap cheap alsdo no takers?:scared-1:

Yup, gd deals are there for mths. 2006 was all good deals across the island. There were also pockets of time in 2008 and 2009 as well. Sometimes the longer a prop is on sale the lesser the expectations of the seller - so if he rejected somebody's price 3 mths ago and you offer same price again he might take it.

I have bought and sold 3 investment propeties in the north and all made substantial dough for me so I can be sure what I'm talking about. :)

DC33_2008
24-10-10, 10:38
I believe good deals are always around in Singapore. Just have to look for it. Most investors in this forum would have made or sitting on paper gain now. Their location attracts different crowd. Expected returns varies from people to people. Some may look for at least 50% return while others just look for 5-10% gain. It is subjective.

rattydrama
24-10-10, 22:21

Actually I am more keen on Woodgrove condo. Thanks for the update.

Even thou you cannot commit now, I feel that you should view more to get a feel of the overall environment if you are new in buying private ppty.

Base on my past experiences, the heart will go first but after few rounds of viewings, the mind will come into picture and decide which one is best for us base on my financial ability, life-style, investment appetite and risk tolerance level.

Sgysfj
24-10-10, 22:32
Actually I am more keen on Woodgrove condo. Thanks for the update.

Even thou you cannot commit now, I feel that you should view more to get a feel of the overall environment if you are new in buying private ppty.

Base on my past experiences, the heart will go first but after few rounds of viewings, the mind will come into picture and decide which one is best for us base on my financial ability, life-style, investment appetite and risk tolerance level.

Update-did not view coz the owner can't make it n oso partly bcoz no one came to view my hse... Haizzzz... One week gone Liao for the new agent.. I oni gave her one n half months to sell my flat n by the looks of it she can't make it...

Sgysfj
24-10-10, 23:58
Ratty can share y u prefer woodgrove condo? Isit the price, 'feeling' or the combination of both? Never been there before... Was not in my initial list of place to look out for

Sgysfj
25-10-10, 00:02

I'm not sure of the good deals being ard for months but I very much agree it's important to get a feel of the project.. Wen I first wan to upgrade, I ONI tot of woodsvale n northoaks coz they are the nearest... However wen we r there, the feel is so different tat it total changed our impression of both projects..

Tink it's important now to get as many options as possible... Before our flat is actuali sold

rattydrama
25-10-10, 00:27
Ratty can share y u prefer woodgrove condo? Isit the price, 'feeling' or the combination of both? Never been there before... Was not in my initial list of place to look out for

forest hill - I dont know about this project so no comments.

woodgrove will give you "condo feeling", better that northwoods and woodsvale. Price is still reasonable. These days you cannot get such spacious areas within the unit and within the condo surrounding at this price.

mantrix
25-10-10, 07:12
forest hill - I dont know about this project so no comments.

woodgrove will give you "condo feeling", better that northwoods and woodsvale. Price is still reasonable. These days you cannot get such spacious areas within the unit and within the condo surrounding at this price.

I guess to each his / her own then...woodgrove has nice resort feel but I kinda think that its facade is a tad obiang - don't really like the pool to be honest. And the so called in house salon is not open most of the time - as if business no good. If I really need to, I will get a ground floor unit as it's patio is flush with the outside lawn - hence you get more PES than bargained for!!

I like Northoaks as it looks clean from outside, and the surrounding blocks create an inner resort of privacy from prying eyes and the pool is easily one of the biggest I've seen. Woodsvale looks more like HDB for me.

But in terms of location to amenities, Woodgrove wins hands-down of course being next to a foodcourt and supermart.

Everyone has different tastes and expectations - important is how you feel, not how others feel, since it's you who is going to live there for many years to come...

So I concur with Ratty on this - look around more (it's free anyway) and when your flat is sold (could be anytime, you'll never know) you will know exactly where to buy your future home.

rattydrama
25-10-10, 08:53
mantrix, can share which 3 projects which you have bou and sold?

I did not compare all the apartments in Woodlands. Viewed ECs but feel that not suitable for me and not so near MRT anyway. Those high rise apartments also look like HDB imho so no difference of getting HDBs - the land areas was small and if I pay abit more can get FH in Sembawang with amenities nearby so I was thinking woodgrove condo could be the best choice. It is cheaper compared to other apartments, still with decent amenities nearby, land area big and unit size pretty livable, kids will have alot of space to move about, so good for own stay.

anyway cheapest liao for 3 bedder @ 720-750k - where to get these days?

mantrix
25-10-10, 09:02
mantrix, can share which 3 projects which you have bou and sold?

I did not compare all the apartments in Woodlands. Viewed ECs but feel that not suitable for me and not so near MRT anyway. Those high rise apartments also look like HDB imho so no difference of getting HDBs - the land areas was small and if I pay abit more can get FH in Sembawang with amenities nearby so I was thinking woodgrove condo could be the best choice. It is cheaper compared to other apartments, still with decent amenities nearby, land area big and unit size pretty livable, kids will have alot of space to move about, so good for own stay.

anyway cheapest liao for 3 bedder @ 720-750k - where to get these days?

Check your PM for those that I bought :) can't publicly announce my investment can I :)

If you want EC close by to MRT, try Nuovo? It's pretty near...Woodsvale / Northoaks have pretty big land space by the way though further away from MRTs

You may not like woodgrove's interior - a friend bought not too long ago and he spent more than 80k renovating - a big part of that went to restoring basic necessities like pipes, wardrobes, doors, flooring etc...

rattydrama
25-10-10, 09:29
that is not an interesting news - have to spent 80k for retrofitting works. Maybe I am fated that both owners did not accept my offer but then again, the 2nd unit i viewed is well kept.

The condition of the first unit need to retrofit with at least 30k but it was on high ground so I offer lower yet an Ah Nei counter offer. Just my luck.

ok shall look out for your PMs.

Nuovo, near good primary school. Haven view it but location is not bad. Hopefully the feel is better than the 2 woodlands ECs.

Check your PM for those that I bought :) can't publicly announce my investment can I :)

If you want EC close by to MRT, try Nuovo? It's pretty near...Woodsvale / Northoaks have pretty big land space by the way though further away from MRTs

You may not like woodgrove's interior - a friend bought not too long ago and he spent more than 80k renovating - a big part of that went to restoring basic necessities like pipes, wardrobes, doors, flooring etc...

mantrix
25-10-10, 09:55
that is not an interesting news - have to spent 80k for retrofitting works. Maybe I am fated that both owners did not accept my offer but then again, the 2nd unit i viewed is well kept.

The condition of the first unit need to retrofit with at least 30k but it was on high ground so I offer lower yet an Ah Nei counter offer. Just my luck.

Nuovo, near good primary school. Haven view it but location is not bad. Hopefully the feel is better than the 2 woodlands ECs.

You mean Anderson sec? Yeah location is good...near to MRT and short walk (400m) to wet market...only if you don't mind the EC status.

Anyway, let the Ah Nei get it lah...he may need it more than you :)

Sgysfj
25-10-10, 19:58
Hi guys, thanks for ur insights on all the projects I have mentioned.
I hv deduced frm all the discussion tat ec will not be so worth it to buy due to factors such as design, quality n finishing. Therefore it's safe to conclude buying a condo like woodgrove, FH r more worth it coz of the mentioned factors..

Having said tat, frm another point of view, If I'm looking to buy strictly for home stay n if I say for example rili love lilydale, will it be worth it to buy if I'm not paying wat the current market price rite now..

Again thanks for all ur replies in advance..

mantrix
25-10-10, 21:54
Hi guys, thanks for ur insights on all the projects I have mentioned.
I hv deduced frm all the discussion tat ec will not be so worth it to buy due to factors such as design, quality n finishing. Therefore it's safe to conclude buying a condo like woodgrove, FH r more worth it coz of the mentioned factors..

Having said tat, frm another point of view, If I'm looking to buy strictly for home stay n if I say for example rili love lilydale, will it be worth it to buy if I'm not paying wat the current market price rite now..

Again thanks for all ur replies in advance..

Actually a large number of ECs have very good build and design - being the most premium form of public housing, they have strict guidelines to adhere to - what we call HDB standard is considered pretty good among developers.

On the other hand, some reputable developers may give you projects with shite quality (eg FEO's casablanca - heard too many reports on it)

A friend once told me - buying to stay is always a good investment - that roof over your head will be with you for many years to come and you'd better darn well like it from day one - price is secondary.

If your heart is with Lilydale then I say go for it. Or you think you haven't completely fallen in love yet, go around and look somemore - don't overlook the forest for a tree...

kingkong1984
25-10-10, 21:59
Push push push!

All north property owners should sell their unit and upgrade to new EC or new private coming onboard

Sell Sell Sell

then Buy Buy Buy.

Lilydale owners, sell their unit with profit, can go for The Canopy under second phase when no one buying right?

Sgysfj
25-10-10, 22:02
Actually a large number of ECs have very good build and design - being the most premium form of public housing, they have strict guidelines to adhere to - what we call HDB standard is considered pretty good among developers.

On the other hand, some reputable developers may give you projects with shite quality (eg FEO's casablanca - heard too many reports on it)

A friend once told me - buying to stay is always a good investment - that roof over your head will be with you for many years to come and you'd better darn well like it from day one - price is secondary.

If your heart is with Lilydale then I say go for it. Or you think you haven't completely fallen in love yet, go around and look somemore - don't overlook the forest for a tree...

well said..tats wat I tink also but it's always good to hear other views

acewee
25-10-10, 22:25
well said..tats wat I tink also but it's always good to hear other views I agree with Mantrix, if for own stay, go with your heart. Buying a home has many psychological factors that cannot be logically explained. As long as you can afford it and like it, buy it.

rattydrama
25-10-10, 22:45
anderson primary. maybe should say popular primary school instead of good primary school.

You mean Anderson sec? Yeah location is good...near to MRT and short walk (400m) to wet market...only if you don't mind the EC status.

Anyway, let the Ah Nei get it lah...he may need it more than you :)

mantrix
26-10-10, 08:14
anderson primary. maybe should say popular primary school instead of good primary school.

Perhaps because of the supposed affliation with Anderson Sec? Though both are not related at all...

gohsoonk
26-10-10, 11:03
In terms of facade, Nuovo is one of the few ECs that I like too...

Sgysfj
26-10-10, 21:02
Ratty, pls refer to the lilydale thread.there r some suggestions tat it's not a good idea to upgrade by selling hdb.. Considerations like children, retirement needs in future were mentioned.

Understand u sold ur hdb to upgrade so therefore ur case is rather similar to mine.. Care to share ur views?

rattydrama
26-10-10, 23:42
my case could be different. My current HDB is too big for me and my intention is to downgrade to a smaller HDB. However, my plan did not materialized due to 30 Aug ruling.

Hence I have to upgrade to a private.

I thought of not selling my HDB but cos I could take profits and the price is attractive to me so I let go. I reckon that I may not be able to fetch at the current price due to the increase in HDB supplies and the restriction of 5 MOP where buyers may turn to private apartment. Most of the PRs are interested in my unit but not locals due to size.

There are other personal reasons which I can PM you.

Also my view is with the cash I have, I could invest in other property with better upside potentials then to seat on this aging property.

In general if you are thinking of lily, it may be wise to keep your current property for rental income and accumulate cash for future purchase. It may be wise to invest in private and make some money before you move to private property. I dont feel that staying in a private apartment will make you more superior than the rest of the people. You need to pay for it.

And if you want to upgrade, make sure yr next ppty has better upside potential than your current. Otherwise, buy ONE BMWs TO PAMPER YOURSELF instead of paying interest to housing loan.

Life is short, enjoy....

Lastly, must know how to do debt management, I am still learning.

Ratty, pls refer to the lilydale thread.there r some suggestions tat it's not a good idea to upgrade by selling hdb.. Considerations like children, retirement needs in future were mentioned.

Understand u sold ur hdb to upgrade so therefore ur case is rather similar to mine.. Care to share ur views?

Sgysfj
27-10-10, 09:04
Haizzz this is jus mkg me feel more uncertain...
Never tot of upgrading as being superior..jus a natural progression for us..
At tis point we can't upgrade wifout selling.
Perhaps it's rili not a good idea to upgrade afterall.

Pls pm me ur other concerns... Thks

my case could be different. My current HDB is too big for me and my intention is to downgrade to a smaller HDB. However, my plan did not materialized due to 30 Aug ruling.

I thought of not selling my HDB but cos I could take profits and the price is attractive to me so I let go. I reckon that I may not be able to fetch at the current price due to the increase in HDB supplies and the restriction of 5 MOP where buyers may turn to private apartment. Most of the PRs are interested in my unit but not locals due to size.

Also my view is with the cash I have, I could invest in other property with better upside potentials then to seat on this aging property.

In general if you are thinking of lily, it may be wise to keep your current property for rental income and accumulate cash for future purchase. It may be wise to invest in private and make some money before you move to private property. I dont feel that staying in a private apartment will make you more superior than the rest of the people. You need to pay for it.

And if you want to upgrade, make sure yr next ppty has better upside potential than your current. Otherwise, buy ONE BMWs TO PAMPER YOURSELF instead of paying interest to housing loan.

Life is short, enjoy....

gohsoonk
27-10-10, 09:36
True, rattydrama..."I dont feel that staying in a private apartment will make you more superior than the rest of the people. You need to pay for it."

A pity that not many realise this and plunge deep in...

Life is short, enjoy....

Sgysfj
27-10-10, 10:07
True, rattydrama..."I dont feel that staying in a private apartment will make you more superior than the rest of the people. You need to pay for it."

A pity that not many realise this and plunge deep in...

Hi i agree tat staying in pte apartments don't mean more superior than others.however, if it's purely for homestay and as a natural progression as we advance tru our careers, does it stil have to mean we r trying to be superior.

Agreed there is a price to pay for it but if it's a property, wnt it be a beta move than say buying a high end car?

Anyways I'm not trying to argue, I agree wif ur views n appreciate it.
I'm jus trying to get as many views as possible frm different angles.

devilplate
27-10-10, 10:19
reminds me of viva vista case....:rolleyes:

rattydrama
27-10-10, 10:34
reminds me of viva vista case....:rolleyes:

wow your memory very good but I think he is more open to suggestions than the viva vista lady......he is learning....give him more time....changing beliefs and perception cannot be overnight...

devilplate
27-10-10, 10:39
wow your memory very good but I think he is more open to suggestions than the viva vista lady......he is learning....give him more time....changing beliefs and perception cannot be overnight...

just realised viva vista MMs around 1500psf on average:scared-1:

rattydrama
27-10-10, 10:40
I remembered someone told me he wont buy BMWs at all and said people paying for it are stupid. However, the wife bou it from investment $ and since than planning to upgrade to better series (but was disallowed) haha

Hi i agree tat staying in pte apartments don't mean more superior than others.however, if it's purely for homestay and as a natural progression as we advance tru our careers, does it stil have to mean we r trying to be superior.

Agreed there is a price to pay for it but if it's a property, wnt it be a beta move than say buying a high end car?

Anyways I'm not trying to argue, I agree wif ur views n appreciate it.
I'm jus trying to get as many views as possible frm different angles.

rattydrama
27-10-10, 10:41
just realised viva vista MMs around 1500psf on average:scared-1:

was eyeing but gave up due to layout and 1500psf. has the price changed?

devilplate
27-10-10, 10:45
was eyeing but gave up due to layout and 1500psf. has the price changed?

residential i tink sold out liao rite? subsale 1700psf liao...lol

too small IMO....min 450-500sqft in size(provided gd efficient layout) den i tink is livable and rentable:2cents:

3xxsqft only can rent out to singles....dun tink couple will rent:2cents:

rattydrama
27-10-10, 10:52
subsale 1700psf - got takers??:scared-1:

residential i tink sold out liao rite? subsale 1700psf liao...lol

too small IMO....min 450-500sqft in size(provided gd efficient layout) den i tink is livable and rentable:2cents:

3xxsqft only can rent out to singles....dun tink couple will rent:2cents:

Sgysfj
27-10-10, 13:18

Can share abt the viva vista?anyways I'm open to all views n I wan to learn. Dnt wan to make the wrong move n regret later.

At tis pt we can stil make decision to sell or hold d hdb..
Once sold have no choice Liao...

rattydrama
27-10-10, 13:35
you are read the details at viva vista thread in D5 section.

Can share abt the viva vista?anyways I'm open to all views n I wan to learn. Dnt wan to make the wrong move n regret later.

At tis pt we can stil make decision to sell or hold d hdb..
Once sold have no choice Liao...

Sgysfj
27-10-10, 14:15
you are read the details at viva vista thread in D5 section.

Got it.. Thanks.

Sgysfj
31-10-10, 11:54
Update - the lilydale unit we r eyeing has been sold..
Now we r rili stuck..duno if we shld proceed on wif the sale or we shld jus stand down..

rattydrama
31-10-10, 13:37
its ok.. continue with your property hunt. Anyone offered?

Now we r rili stuck..duno if we shld proceed on wif the sale or we shld jus stand down..

mantrix
31-10-10, 13:56

Keep going - the sale will happen unexpectedly :)

Sgysfj
31-10-10, 14:56
For d new agent not yet... Sort of disappointed tat lilydale unit gone Liao
even if got offer duno if wana accept as there is no unit we lik

mantrix
31-10-10, 18:00
For d new agent not yet... Sort of disappointed tat lilydale unit gone Liao
even if got offer duno if wana accept as there is no unit we lik

Dun lose hope, keep hunting, things will fall in place

acewee
31-10-10, 18:35

Hi Sgysfj, is there any particular reason you like that area? There are many other nice ones that you can consider if upgrading is your main objective.

Sgysfj
01-11-10, 10:04
Hi Sgysfj, is there any particular reason you like that area? There are many other nice ones that you can consider if upgrading is your main objective.

Hi acewee, we compare lily to northoaks n woodsvale.
We find tat lily is very peaceful n quiet.. It's not tt crowded as compared to d other 2 n it's also in the budget tat we have to upgrade.

Wich other nice ones u actuali have in mind? Can share wif me

Sgysfj
01-11-10, 10:07
Dun lose hope, keep hunting, things will fall in place

thanks for ur encouragement. As mentioned we gave the new agent a one n half month time line to sell the flat. As it is we r in no hurry to sell but at the same time we r quite weary of the buying n selling process.

Therefore we decided to cap it to end of nov. If noting comes out of it then we will stay put.

Sgysfj
01-11-10, 10:15
I hv done a another valuation. The new agent insist tat the valuation will increase tis time. I'm quite skeptical.

Having said tat, can really feel d market is very quiet. Response so far is very slow.. Mayb we overpriced the flat.. But on the other hand, it maybe good tat there r no takers at tis price.

We may not realise our goal to upgrade afterall..at least we know we tried although the timing maybe wrong...

mantrix
01-11-10, 10:47
We find tat lily is very peaceful n quiet.. It's not tt crowded as compared to d other 2 n it's also in the budget tat we have to upgrade.

have you had a look at Forest Hills? If it's peace and quiet that you want, that may just fit the bill. You would ideally want to look at some project less than 400 units and in a serene location. Other 2 I can think of would be Euphony Gardens and Northwood, but they could be out of your budget.

Else there's nothing I can think of in the region...you'll need to move towards Upper Thomson / AMK / Bishan area where prices are likely to be higher

Another one I can think of is Serenity Park / Nim Garden along Yio Chu Kang...but could be too far for your liking.

Sgysfj
01-11-10, 12:39
have you had a look at Forest Hills? If it's peace and quiet that you want, that may just fit the bill. You would ideally want to look at some project less than 400 units and in a serene location. Other 2 I can think of would be Euphony Gardens and Northwood, but they could be out of your budget.

Else there's nothing I can think of in the region...you'll need to move towards Upper Thomson / AMK / Bishan area where prices are likely to be higher

Another one I can think of is Serenity Park / Nim Garden along Yio Chu Kang...but could be too far for your liking.

Liked euphony but units there are r rare.. There r two on sale now but have to do major revamp wich i'm not keen.. Same for forest hills.. Units r very rare..

Mayb rili not meant to upgrade la.. Guess most likely will stay put

Sgysfj
01-11-10, 13:01
I have read wif interest tat some forumer here don't recommend to buy a suburban pte property now.. Prices are at a high..
Therefore it's worth considering to hold on to my purchase/upgrade till property prices drop...

Tat said, will it be wrong to time the market?if I sell high now, I will be buyin pte at a high.. If I hold n sell ltr, I wld be selling low n buying low...

Any thoughts?

wesing
01-11-10, 16:34
As advised by the sifus in this forum, buy according to your means. If the choice unit is not affordable to you, so be it and look elsewhere. If it is within your finanical means to buy it and you like it very much, just do it.

Dun try timing the market. Dun think there is ever a good time to buy and sell. When prices drop, you will hope that it will fall further and so you will wait longer and thus miss the opportunity.

For example, in May 2009, I was quoted by FEO around $1,170-1,180 psf for a couple of 2-bedder (between 840-893 sq ft). Found it to be expensive then (although I could afford it) and expected prices to drop further. Man I was wrong. Now it is selling at $1,600 psf and for bigger units somemore.

kingkong1984
01-11-10, 18:51
Missed the boat there. Time and price wait for no man, only when boat capsized then u are to find bargains. We are at high tide now, global warming will melt more ice and raise it higher. Need to sell hdb to upgrade? Dont sell lah, condo living not a must. U can try to rent lilydale for 2 years to try first and rent out your hdb. Anyway if lilydale shoots up, ur hdb will appreciate also

Sgysfj
01-11-10, 20:02
Missed the boat there. Time and price wait for no man, only when boat capsized then u are to find bargains. We are at high tide now, global warming will melt more ice and raise it higher. Need to sell hdb to upgrade? Dont sell lah, condo living not a must. U can try to rent lilydale for 2 years to try first and rent out your hdb. Anyway if lilydale shoots up, ur hdb will appreciate also

Renting is not a bad idea.. But wat r the implications? Wen I rent out my unit, do I have to pay the utility, conservancy etc?n wat do I have to pay wen I rent a condo?

Btw I'm tinking tat renting out may lower the value of my flat as having been to my flat.. As I have been to several units wich r tenanted..I must admit usuali d condition is quite bad..

In terms of rental.. Can I cover the condo if using the rent I get?

Sgysfj
01-11-10, 20:05
As advised by the sifus in this forum, buy according to your means. If the choice unit is not affordable to you, so be it and look elsewhere. If it is within your finanical means to buy it and you like it very much, just do it.

Dun try timing the market. Dun think there is ever a good time to buy and sell. When prices drop, you will hope that it will fall further and so you will wait longer and thus miss the opportunity.

For example, in May 2009, I was quoted by FEO around $1,170-1,180 psf for a couple of 2-bedder (between 840-893 sq ft). Found it to be expensive then (although I could afford it) and expected prices to drop further. Man I was wrong. Now it is selling at $1,600 psf and for bigger units somemore.

I'm not timing d market.. But reading wat some of the sifus say here, I gathered tat it's the peak now n if I buy now then it's like a time bomb wich cld explode.. Perhaps I shld wait til rings r clearer n settled

Sgysfj
01-11-10, 20:11
Having read tru all the advices n posts from other thread, I guess i will ONI upgrade if I managed to sell my flat the agreed price wich is abt 30k above the market value ard here..judging by the response so far.. I believe it's kinda of hard to achieve that price no matter how confident my agent is..

All the posts n advice rili make me tink twice abt upgrading n buying a condo.
Seems tat the prices r rili at the peak now n it's not the time to buy n sell now..

kingkong1984
01-11-10, 20:57
Sell hdb, then go shopping, cannot get 30k can try 20k rite? Your lilydale can offer less also, just try.

mantrix
01-11-10, 21:13
I'm not timing d market.. But reading wat some of the sifus say here, I gathered tat it's the peak now n if I buy now then it's like a time bomb wich cld explode.. Perhaps I shld wait til rings r clearer n settled

those shifus mean buying for investment.

if buying for own stay, just need to consider 2 requisites:

1) You must really like that place!

2) It is within your means

Sgysfj
01-11-10, 21:13
Sell hdb, then go shopping, cannot get 30k can try 20k rite? Your lilydale can offer less also, just try.

I have offers wich r abt 10k above the market last time.. However I rejected coz tot cld get at least 20k..

However hvg changed agent, we have no offers so far. Although the agent is confident of gettin d agreed price, we r quite skeptical as rili response has been very poor.

As much as we love lily, now we r considering other full condo rather thn ec..
We have seen one 3 bedder in euphony, ard 690k can close.. However it's bad condition n needs a major revamp.. Duno if we spent 30k or 40k Reno can consider worth it...

We r quite weary of the shopping process as we dnt wan to look n shop wen our own unit is unsold..

Sgysfj
01-11-10, 21:17
those shifus mean buying for investment.

if buying for own stay, just need to consider 2 requisites:

1) You must really like that place!

2) It is within your means

Well if tats the case,we have seen only two units we rili like!
One in lily wich is sold oredi, one in woodsvale wich we like but don't like the surroundings itself(noisy,crowded n no basement carpark to blocks)

now another ting to consider is the sale of my flat.
I have considered selling it at abt 15k above market in tis area but as of now, market is very slow.. Response quite terrible.. So like i say, maybe it's rili not fated to upgrade... Haizzzzzz

kingkong1984
01-11-10, 21:17
Then wait for election, win again sure
Go up?

Sgysfj
01-11-10, 21:22
On a side note, anyone has any idea how much do I need to spd on Reno to revamp a condo abt 1200sf?

I spend abt 30k on my five rm flat 5 years ago.. But that does not include tiles..

Isit worth it to buy a bad condition unit at a cheaper price n Reno ?
Was tinking of buying a good condition unit n don't spd anyting on Reno at all..

acewee
01-11-10, 21:31
On a side note, anyone has any idea how much do I need to spd on Reno to revamp a condo abt 1200sf?

I spend abt 30k on my five rm flat 5 years ago.. But that does not include tiles..

Was tinking of buying a good condition unit n don't spd anyting on Reno at all..

My opinion is that unless its a new development, else I would buy a resale with location and layout I like regardless of interior condition because I can use the $ saved to reno to my liking. Very rarely will you find a resale with reno that is relatively good condition AND 100% to your liking.

mantrix
01-11-10, 21:42
Well if tats the case,we have seen only two units we rili like!
One in lily wich is sold oredi, one in woodsvale wich we like but don't like the surroundings itself(noisy,crowded n no basement carpark to blocks)

now another ting to consider is the sale of my flat.
I have considered selling it at abt 15k above market in tis area but as of now, market is very slow.. Response quite terrible.. So like i say, maybe it's rili not fated to upgrade... Haizzzzzz

That's why I say, keep looking around, open your options. Make it a hobby - go condo viewing every weekend - also give the agents something to do else they'll be swatting flies.

If you see a unit you like, but price-wise it is slightly more than the condo's average, just go for it - because once it's sold it won't be yours. It's a lot like marriage.

acewee
01-11-10, 22:16
That's why I say, keep looking around, open your options. Make it a hobby - go condo viewing every weekend - also give the agents something to do else they'll be swatting flies.

I agree with mantrix about treating condo viewing as hobby if you are planning to upgrade. It was precisely with this approach that I bought a place mid last year. We wern't desperate to buy but ended up getting something at an extremely attractive pricing. You can say we stumbled upon it during our 'hobby'.

Komo
01-11-10, 22:23
Property unlike stock is a long term game. There is always another good opportunity. Just stay in touch with market and be ready for it.

Sgysfj
01-11-10, 22:30
I agree with mantrix about treating condo viewing as hobby if you are planning to upgrade. It was precisely with this approach that I bought a place mid last year. We wern't desperate to buy but ended up getting something at an extremely attractive pricing. You can say we stumbled upon it during our 'hobby'.

It's very weary n tiring to keep on looking n looking..
But I tink I will discuss wif my wify abt making it our hobby.
I guess she dnt wan to go tru the disappointment of losing a unit she like ( d lilydale one)

btw did u buy ur property for home stay or investment?

Sgysfj
01-11-10, 22:34
My opinion is that unless its a new development, else I would buy a resale with location and layout I like regardless of interior condition because I can use the $ saved to reno to my liking. Very rarely will you find a resale with reno that is relatively good condition AND 100% to your liking.

Agree wif u abt not hvg a unit wich we will like 100%.
but i guess we r not choosy in the sense we will live it. Like the groundfloor unit in lily,d unit is very well kept n reno is quite nice.. We dnt like the inbuilt shoe rack in the living rm but if we did buy the unit, we wld live wif it instd of spdg money to remove it

acewee
01-11-10, 22:47
It's very weary n tiring to keep on looking n looking..
But I tink I will discuss wif my wify abt making it our hobby.
I guess she dnt wan to go tru the disappointment of losing a unit she like ( d lilydale one)

btw did u buy ur property for home stay or investment?

Home stay. PM you the details.

mantrix
02-11-10, 08:45

yeah hence this is Singaporeans' number one hobby :)

Uniquely Singaporean...

devilplate
02-11-10, 09:48
yeah hence this is Singaporeans' number one hobby :)

Uniquely Singaporean...

no lor...when market is bad...showflat empty one....u see sept/oct mth...most showflat swat flies....

only 'shop' during gd times is not a hobby

gohsoonk
02-11-10, 09:56
It is better to shop during bad times...you are like king...

no lor...when market is bad...showflat empty one....u see sept/oct mth...most showflat swat flies....

only 'shop' during gd times is not a hobby

devilplate
02-11-10, 10:03
It is better to shop during bad times...you are like king...

past 2 mth sales bad...but price nvr drop lor...window shopping nia:D

Sgysfj
02-11-10, 10:23
Another update, d new agent jus called me n informed tat the new valuation rept is out... It's 10k higher than the 1st one..
She is quite confident to get the x+30k tat I was looking for...
Anyway tok is cheap la... We see how lor

devilplate
02-11-10, 10:46
Another update, d new agent jus called me n informed tat the new valuation rept is out... It's 10k higher than the 1st one..
She is quite confident to get the x+30k tat I was looking for...
Anyway tok is cheap la... We see how lor

u looking at COV 30k? north area?

Sgysfj
02-11-10, 11:15
u looking at COV 30k? north area?

x is my price I wil let go.. Actualii had two offers of 25k cov previously..

rattydrama
02-11-10, 11:21
If there are many viewers that will give u a better chance. The only concern now is people sitting at the side and wAit. Next year may not be as good.

devilplate
02-11-10, 11:24
x is my price I wil let go.. Actualii had two offers of 25k cov previously..

ic...wah ur agt so optismistic....can fetch 50k COV ar? not near MRT somemore rite...

keep us updated man...i wud tot 25k COV not bad for ur case...or ur hse is very nicely renovated?

btw, now ur V up by 10k more...25kCOV seems gd now...hehe...gd luck

fooblack
02-11-10, 11:42

think $30k can barely "revamp" a 1.2k sf unit.

Lots of things to revamp - esp toilets which usually bears the brunt of wear and tear.

Other things which probably needs to be refurnished are aircon, cabinets, kitchen fittings, etc. Floorings and parquet can be "restored" unless one insists on particular tiles etc.

I have found out these via the hard way. We also initially budgeted ard 30-40k to reno my 10-year condo purchase.

The reno is almost in completed. current cost of renov is abt $50k. If you add all the electrical and furniture, it will cross $60k. my own experience thus far. anyway, my wife is pretty particular abt the design so perhaps slightly on the higher end.

devilplate
02-11-10, 11:46

Lots of things to revamp - esp toilets which usually bears the brunt of wear and tear.

Other things which probably needs to be refurnished are aircon, cabinets, kitchen fittings, etc. Floorings and parquet can be "restored" unless one insists on particular tiles etc.

I have found out these via the hard way. We also initially budgeted ard 30-40k to reno my 10-year condo purchase.

The reno is almost in completed. current cost of renov is abt $50k. If you add all the electrical and furniture, it will cross $60k. my own experience thus far. anyway, my wife is pretty particular abt the design so perhaps slightly on the higher end.

there r many cheap contractors around....but if u go to ID....den at least X2

fooblack
02-11-10, 11:55
there r many cheap contractors around....but if u go to ID....den at least X2

yeah, need to find reliable contractors. Usually hard to come by... provided one also needs to have some basic understanding on the renov process and items.

our ID is a personal friend. so explains the cost have been depressed somewhat. my unit actually looks pretty brand new haha.. that's the comforting thought in view of the cost we incurred :banghead:

lots of unexpected items came up during the reno - windows, aircon, even the stupid intercom handset costs > $200 bucks !!!!

Sgysfj
02-11-10, 11:59
ic...wah ur agt so optismistic....can fetch 50k COV ar? not near MRT somemore rite...

keep us updated man...i wud tot 25k COV not bad for ur case...or ur hse is very nicely renovated?

btw, now ur V up by 10k more...25kCOV seems gd now...hehe...gd luck

my flat quite nicely renovated and it's at the top floor..(20 floor)
Previous agent was optimistic n was pricing it at Abt 45k cov.. However managed to secure only 25-27k cov..

Wen I change agent, she oso agreed on the 45k cov but asked for a new valuation.. Now valuation is up by 10k, she effectively Need to secure 35k Nia...if she does get 35k plus the new valuation, then she wld hv earned her 2% I guess

Sgysfj
02-11-10, 12:03

Tats wat I tot...coz 5 yrs ago I spd ard 30k on my current flat wich was brand new... Now I guess costs wld have gone up n having seen tat unit condition,I doubt 30k is enuf..

Tats y I considering if I shld get such a unit n spd 30-40k on Reno or jus get a very well maintained n renovated unit wich is priced abt 40-50k higher...

Sgysfj
02-11-10, 12:17
Jus my thoughts-initiali I was quite intent on upgrading n wld sell if I can get x price(following ratty's advice). However, due to the slow market forces now n also the posts tat I read here, I have come to tis conclusion tat I wil only sell if I can hit x+30k.. Technically it's a rather optimistic figure at this market.

So will jus wait n see how tings pan.. No matter how optimistic the agent is, she will stil have to produce the asking price.. Else it's no deal at all...

Sgysfj
02-11-10, 12:21
If there are many viewers that will give u a better chance. The only concern now is people sitting at the side and wAit. Next year may not be as good.

Last Sunday there r viewers... However, there is no offers.. Agent was telling me some of her buyers r waiting for the new valuation to come out..

So far she has delivered her promise of an increase in valuation.. Wile I was expecting 5k increase, she was confident it will be more... N so far she is quite spot on..

Still she has not brought any offers for me as compared to the previous agent...so it's to early to judge her

solsys
10-11-10, 00:18

On the contrary, I viewed a unit at Lilydale in Year 2009 and was turned off by the condition of the condo unit and the surroundings. It was growing with algae everywhere and basement was not very clean. Perhaps things have improved recently with The Canopy being launched.

Instead I bought NorthOaks couple of months back which was quiet and serene to me, i guessed the specific unit location plays a part and mine was done up very nicely, thus minimal touch up to do.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Hmmm... have to agree that house hunting is a pain in the ass...

Sgysfj
10-11-10, 11:36
On the contrary, I viewed a unit at Lilydale in Year 2009 and was turned off by the condition of the condo unit and the surroundings. It was growing with algae everywhere and basement was not very clean. Perhaps things have improved recently with The Canopy being launched.

Instead I bought NorthOaks couple of months back which was quiet and serene to me, i guessed the specific unit location plays a part and mine was done up very nicely, thus minimal touch up to do.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Hmmm... have to agree that house hunting is a pain in the ass...

Lilydale has undergone repainting last time I viewed there...
True Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...
I personally find northoaks unit are odd shaped..mayb it's due to the unit I seen.also find tat northoaks is quite crowded n noisy...

Anyways as for me I'm stil undecided to buy wich project due to the fact I hv nt managed to sell off my unit...

mantrix
10-11-10, 15:15
Northoaks' units I'm told are a mix of good and irregular - just need to find one to your liking (again beauty in eye of beholder)

You must have visited it on the weekend else weekdays it's nice and quiet (no pesky kids - this same for most condos anyway)

Lilydale has no secondary security if I'm not wrong (if u can get into the condo compund, you can access any unit since no security access points)

Both are treasures of the north in my opinion anyways and psf bound to head north :)

Sgysfj
10-11-10, 19:34
Northoaks' units I'm told are a mix of good and irregular - just need to find one to your liking (again beauty in eye of beholder)

You must have visited it on the weekend else weekdays it's nice and quiet (no pesky kids - this same for most condos anyway)

Lilydale has no secondary security if I'm not wrong (if u can get into the condo compund, you can access any unit since no security access points)

Both are treasures of the north in my opinion anyways and psf bound to head north :)

Ya, lilydale has no secondary security.. In fact I noticed only rosewood n northoaks has it.

True la, beauty r in the eyes of the beholder.. So far all the units I hv seen in northoaks r odd shaped..mayb din have the luck to see a good layout one..
Wat me n my wife feel abt northoaks is tat the units/buildings itself is abit cramped.. As though they r trying to make as much units as possible.. Tis is jus our opinion... Having said tat, the pool n the other areas r huge..

Well jus tat we dnt prefer northoaks...n perhaps we were there during the weekends therefore d crowd n d noise..well in all we jus prefer lily although we wnt mind thinking of euphony..

Btw is northoaks/woodsvale cheaper than lily/euphony?
I tink prices r comparable last I check.. Ard 500+ psf...

mantrix
10-11-10, 21:51
Ya, lilydale has no secondary security.. In fact I noticed only rosewood n northoaks has it.

True la, beauty r in the eyes of the beholder.. So far all the units I hv seen in northoaks r odd shaped..mayb din have the luck to see a good layout one..
Wat me n my wife feel abt northoaks is tat the units/buildings itself is abit cramped.. As though they r trying to make as much units as possible.. Tis is jus our opinion... Having said tat, the pool n the other areas r huge..

Well jus tat we dnt prefer northoaks...n perhaps we were there during the weekends therefore d crowd n d noise..well in all we jus prefer lily although we wnt mind thinking of euphony..

Btw is northoaks/woodsvale cheaper than lily/euphony?
I tink prices r comparable last I check.. Ard 500+ psf...

I think Northoaks / Woodsvale slightly higher due to their proximity to MRT and besides they are fully privatised. Lilydale has a few years to go so should be cheaper. As for euphony, it is along sembawang road and full fledged condo so should cost slightly higher

rattydrama
14-11-10, 19:35
Sgysfj, any latest update on the sales?

Sgysfj
14-11-10, 20:10
Sgysfj, any latest update on the sales?

Update- ard 10 buyers came to view in the past two weeks.. Today itself got two buyers who came... One old couple is keen but have not offered.. They are downgrading from pte...

So far there is no concrete offer.. My agent seems adamant on getting the exact price n seems to leave no room for bargain.. Mayb that's y got no offers at all..

Me n wife have stopped gg for viewing..kinda of given up hope of upgrading..
Seems the timing is not right for us to sell then upgrade or simply we got no luck..

If can't sell by end nov,I will pull out n will reno my kids room..

solsys
14-11-10, 23:15
Update- ard 10 buyers came to view in the past two weeks.. Today itself got two buyers who came... One old couple is keen but have not offered.. They are downgrading from pte...

So far there is no concrete offer.. My agent seems adamant on getting the exact price n seems to leave no room for bargain.. Mayb that's y got no offers at all..

Seems the timing is not right for us to sell then upgrade or simply we got no luck..

Market is in a stalemate mode.... buyer selller refuse too budge.... hehe. Flat market for the next coming year or so....

rattydrama
15-11-10, 00:34
just try hard. No harm. This period of selling should be better than waiting till next year if you wanna sell.

sometimes you just need one firm offer after a long wait.

Sgysfj
15-11-10, 08:10
just try hard. No harm. This period of selling should be better than waiting till next year if you wanna sell.

sometimes you just need one firm offer after a long wait.

We have more or less accepted the fact we may not sell after all..
Jus waiting for the exclusive time to end..

rinachew
08-12-10, 13:49
We have more or less accepted the fact we may not sell after all..
Jus waiting for the exclusive time to end..

Sgysfj, how come? thot the new agent is confident in helping u to sell?

rattydrama
08-12-10, 14:47
Sgysfj, how come? thot the new agent is confident in helping u to sell?
If he comes back to ask for lilydale, chances are it has been sold. So the answer is pretty clear and its inline to MBT wish.

kingkong1984
08-12-10, 15:12
If he comes back to ask for lilydale, chances are it has been sold. So the answer is pretty clear and its inline to MBT wish.

Record Price for Lilydale..

556 Yishun Avenue 6 #12-15
99 Yrs From 12/09/2000
$652
$828k
19 Nov 10

Ratty can consider Robinson Suites or the upcoming Dragon Mansion or even Spottiswoody

rattydrama
08-12-10, 16:10
possible thomson line should be near to these enclave? :cheers1:

icon any good?

Record Price for Lilydale..

556 Yishun Avenue 6 #12-15
99 Yrs From 12/09/2000
$652
$828k
19 Nov 10

Ratty can consider Robinson Suites or the upcoming Dragon Mansion or even Spottiswoody

kingkong1984
08-12-10, 16:51
Haha, rubbish lah.
You mean priced in liao?

rinachew
08-12-10, 18:34
I dun understand.. :(

kingkong1984
08-12-10, 19:08
Never mind, grab a unit fast before price go up further.

mantrix
08-12-10, 19:42
I dun understand.. :(

me neither...

rattydrama
09-12-10, 07:46
Haha, rubbish lah.
You mean priced in liao?
icon priced in liao?

kingkong1984
09-12-10, 08:43
icon priced in liao?

not refering to that. If you have said lilydale pricing is due to MRT line. I would think that it has been priced in if so. However, it is not true right?

As to recommendations, please explore on your own, so sorry ok?

D1/D2, FH near MRT with Facilities are good investments. Go find. Maybe Emerald Garden also good.

rattydrama
09-12-10, 08:56
not refering to that. If you have said lilydale pricing is due to MRT line. I would think that it has been priced in if so. However, it is not true right?

As to recommendations, please explore on your own, so sorry ok?

D1/D2, FH near MRT with Facilities are good investments. Go find. Maybe Emerald Garden also good.

oops! I mistook lilydale with euphony garden. No wonder u say rubbish.haha.....I think euphony garden better buy.:rolleyes:

D1/D2 - look look see see but not buying now. :tsk-tsk:

devilplate
09-12-10, 08:57
D1/D2 - look look see see but not buying now. :tsk-tsk:

bcoz its not expensive enuff?:p

rattydrama
09-12-10, 09:04
bcoz its not expensive enuff?:p wow now u so bullish???
I don’t mind to wait. Up or down ok for me. J Up 20% I sell and if down 20% I buy some more… hehe

will start shopping around 10% diff from current price.

devilplate
09-12-10, 09:11
wow now u so bullish???
I don’t mind to wait. Up or down ok for me. J Up 20% I sell and if down 20% I buy some more… hehe

will start shopping around 10% diff from current price.

i m still bullish in D1,2:D ....not general market:D

rattydrama
09-12-10, 16:05
i m still bullish in D1,2:D ....not general market:D

its still bullish? :) if down 1,2,3 all down...:scared-5:

devilplate
09-12-10, 16:26
its still bullish? :) if down 1,2,3 all down...:scared-5:
If up, not all segment up by the same pace

rattydrama
09-12-10, 23:04
If up, not all segment up by the same pace