PDA

View Full Version : District 19 Leaps into favour

land118
05-02-11, 09:32
Feb 5, 2011, ST, page B15:
District 19 leaps into favour (http://forums.condosingapore.com/Money/Story/STIStory_631429.html)

THE evergreen estates of Katong, Marine Parade and Siglap in District 15 continued to top the charts of home buyers last year, although new areas gained popularity as well.....

Wild Falcon
05-02-11, 10:01
Useless report. Highest supply = highest transaction lah. D15 has >600 condos and the surroundings is the most crowded and has the highest population density in Singapore - it will be #1 in trading volume for the next 50 years - unless those nature reserves and farmland are developed. Just look at the no. of pages on sale in classifieds. D15 will run into 2.5 pages and 25 columns while other districts might be only 5 columns. And not surprised the "new" top trading areas are the MM areas - D15, D19 and D14. 3 units of MM = 1 unit of standard unit. Of course it will skew the trading volume upwards for MM mania districts.

moneyspinner
05-02-11, 10:23
Houses in D19 are comparatively much cheaper vs that in D10, D11 and D15. So, they are more affordable if you are aiming for a landed. :)

DC33_2008
05-02-11, 11:44
It should be ranked based on percentage with total no. of units in the area as the denominator and no. of transaction as the numerator. Maybe a better representation.
Useless report. Highest supply = highest transaction lah. D15 has >600 condos and the surroundings is the most crowded and has the highest population density in Singapore - it will be #1 in trading volume for the next 50 years - unless those nature reserves and farmland are developed. Just look at the no. of pages on sale in classifieds. D15 will run into 2.5 pages and 25 columns while other districts might be only 5 columns. And not surprised the "new" top trading areas are the MM areas - D15, D19 and D14. 3 units of MM = 1 unit of standard unit. Of course it will skew the trading volume upwards for MM mania districts.

hyenergix
06-02-11, 06:16
Kovan area is popular for a very good reason: the land there are mostly FH or 999.

land118
06-02-11, 12:11
It should be ranked based on percentage with total no. of units in the area as the denominator and no. of transaction as the numerator. Maybe a better representation. Agreed, would give a better picture. But perhaps transactions up also becos buyers bought in anticipation of the opening of Nex shopping mall and better accessibility with circle line in 2010.

wind30
06-02-11, 15:24
Agreed, would give a better picture. But perhaps transactions up also becos buyers bought in anticipation of the opening of Nex shopping mall and better accessibility with circle line in 2010.

unless your unit is within walking distance... I have heard sooo many horror stories about driving to NEX that I have not drove there yet....

Even within walking distance, you still have to drive if you are doing grocery shopping.

Blue
09-02-11, 15:47
I was comparing D15 and D19 landed last year. D15 landed is approx $300K more expensive than the one at D19 for similar land and built in size. I chose D15, and now with the price appreciation, never regretted getting D15. :cool:

Driving to work in CBD is merely 10 mins using Nicoll Highway / ECP even with heavy jams. I can wake up at 815am and reach office before 9am.

proud owner
09-02-11, 15:58
I was comparing D15 and D19 landed last year. D15 landed is approx $300K more expensive than the one at D19 for similar land and built in size. I chose D15, and now with the price appreciation, never regretted getting D15. :cool:

Driving to work in CBD is merely 10 mins using Nicoll Highway / ECP even with heavy jams. I can wake up at 815am and reach office before 9am.

wow very good

you can brush teeth , pang sai, shower , eat breakfast , change clothes , drive to office

all in 45 mins ?

either yuo are a man fresh from army or your wife not working or dont follow you to work

Blue
09-02-11, 16:03
wow very good

you can brush teeth , pang sai, shower , eat breakfast , change clothes , drive to office

all in 45 mins ?

either yuo are a man fresh from army or your wife not working or dont follow you to work

My routine is pang sai & smoke, brush teeth, drink milk, change clothes, and off I go.

Breakfast at office. Shower b4 sleep every night.

Last time army, u only got 5 mins for everything.

proud owner
09-02-11, 16:10
My routine is pang sai & smoke, brush teeth, drink milk, change clothes, and off I go.

Breakfast at office. Shower b4 sleep every night.

Last time army, u only got 5 mins for everything.

swee

same as me actually ... wake up 6.30... PS + smoke, brush teeth, shower , change , OJ , all in about 30-35 mins .... leave apt .. abt 7.05-10 ...walk 20-25 mins to office ... buy breakfast along the way ...

land118
09-02-11, 16:22
swee

same as me actually ... wake up 6.30... PS + smoke, brush teeth, shower , change , OJ , all in about 30-35 mins .... leave apt .. abt 7.05-10 ...walk 20-25 mins to office ... buy breakfast along the way ... Think 30min quite comfortable. wow, u walked 20-25mins every day. Must be fit

proud owner
09-02-11, 16:28
Think 30min quite comfortable. wow, u walked 20-25mins every day. Must be fit

yes rain, shine, snow walk from 8th ave on the west to park ave on the east , thru rockefeller center ... sometimes stop to watch early birds ice skating in the winter ....or mini concerts in summer ... i walk alot ...

proud owner
09-02-11, 16:29
Think 30min quite comfortable. wow, u walked 20-25mins every day. Must be fit

20-25 mins each way ... so about 1 hr a day

Blue
11-02-11, 16:38
My colleagues in Japan and Korea can take 1.5 hours of subway train + walk to work everyday. Pei fu pei fu...

land118
12-02-11, 08:59
My colleagues in Japan and Korea can take 1.5 hours of subway train + walk to work everyday. Pei fu pei fu... ya, for them living in their city is out of reach, that 's why most of these expats find Singapore a haven, for most if they get posted back to HQ, their quality of life would dropped. Most dread to be posted back to HQ except for the damn super high fliers.

Blue
20-02-11, 17:17
ya, for them living in their city is out of reach, that 's why most of these expats find Singapore a haven, for most if they get posted back to HQ, their quality of life would dropped. Most dread to be posted back to HQ except for the damn super high fliers.

And this could happen in a land scarce Singapore! So CCR and RCR will be occupied by super high fliers who can afford more than $3M housing, while the mass will have to be contented with OCR.