PDA

View Full Version : THE MILTONIA RESIDENCES - Miltonia Close @ Yishun, By Hoi Hup Sunway Miltonia Pte Ltd

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

sleek
24-08-10, 22:11
Land parcel at Miltonia Close attracts seven bids
By Ephraim Seow | Posted: 24 August 2010 2103 hrs (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/1076884/1/.html)

SINGAPORE : A land parcel at Miltonia Close attracted seven bids when the tender closed on Tuesday.

The highest bid of S$165 million came from Hoi Hup Realty and Sunway Developments, which are jointly pitching for the project.

This translates to S$406 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr).

The bid is some 31 per cent higher than the second highest one at S$126 million which was submitted by Master Contract Services.

The remaining bids ranged between S$97.9 million and S$125.3 million.

They came from developers like Allgreen Properties as well as Superport, a unit of MCL Land.

The site was launched by Housing & Development Board (HDB) on July 2.

It spans 27,000 square metres (sqm) and has a maximum gross floor area of 37,800 sqm.

With a 99-year lease term, the land parcel is slated for strata landed housing, condominium housing or flats development.

HDB said the project completion period is 72 months from the date the tender is accepted.

Leonard Tay, director, CBRE Research, said the developer who wins the site will likely develop a five-storey low-rise condominium.

He said: "The top bid of S$165 million or S$406 psf ppr could reflect a breakeven cost of around S$700 to S$750 psf should a low-rise condominium be developed. Condominium units in this new project could possibly sell above S$800 psf."

He added; "For comparison against transactions of other developments in the vicinity from April to August, units in The Estuary, which was launched in April 10, transacted at S$650 to S$850 psf, while those in the 16-year-old Orchid Park Condominium were sold at S$550 to S$700 psf." - CNA/ms

devilplate
24-08-10, 22:19
developer remains bullish:cheers6:

azeoprop
24-08-10, 22:31
...and to think that the shaughnessy launch price was around 800k+ only. :(

devilplate
24-08-10, 22:38
...and to think that the shaughnessy launch price was around 800k+ only. :(

which means ard 250psf? 7-8yrs ago construction cost only like 50-100psf ar?

azeoprop
24-08-10, 23:07
I think it was launched around 2005, can't remember. We went to the show unit, eventually never buy because 800k+ that time was quite expensive for us and the buildings were very close to each other....oh well. :beats-me-man:

devilplate
24-08-10, 23:09
cash really becoming like toilet paper...:scared-5:

peterng8
25-08-10, 09:32
Land parcel at Miltonia Close attracts seven bids
By Ephraim Seow | Posted: 24 August 2010 2103 hrs (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/1076884/1/.html)

SINGAPORE : A land parcel at Miltonia Close attracted seven bids when the tender closed on Tuesday.

The highest bid of S$165 million came from Hoi Hup Realty and Sunway Developments, which are jointly pitching for the project.

This translates to S$406 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr).

The bid is some 31 per cent higher than the second highest one at S$126 million which was submitted by Master Contract Services.

The remaining bids ranged between S$97.9 million and S$125.3 million.

They came from developers like Allgreen Properties as well as Superport, a unit of MCL Land.

The site was launched by Housing & Development Board (HDB) on July 2.

It spans 27,000 square metres (sqm) and has a maximum gross floor area of 37,800 sqm.

With a 99-year lease term, the land parcel is slated for strata landed housing, condominium housing or flats development.

HDB said the project completion period is 72 months from the date the tender is accepted.

Leonard Tay, director, CBRE Research, said the developer who wins the site will likely develop a five-storey low-rise condominium.

He said: "The top bid of S$165 million or S$406 psf ppr could reflect a breakeven cost of around S$700 to S$750 psf should a low-rise condominium be developed. Condominium units in this new project could possibly sell above S$800 psf."

He added; "For comparison against transactions of other developments in the vicinity from April to August, units in The Estuary, which was launched in April 10, transacted at S$650 to S$850 psf, while those in the 16-year-old Orchid Park Condominium were sold at S$550 to S$700 psf." - CNA/ms

not near MRT still sell at this price...good sign for those near MRT...

25-08-10, 09:48
Present asking price now almost double the 800k :eek:

I think it was launched around 2005, can't remember. We went to the show unit, eventually never buy because 800k+ that time was quite expensive for us and the buildings were very close to each other....oh well. :beats-me-man:

OLY99
25-08-10, 09:48
not near MRT still sell at this price...good sign for those near MRT...

quite true. the trend now is near MRT is king

mantrix
25-08-10, 19:14
Present asking price now almost double the 800k :eek:

That's propertyguru pricing isn't it? They may ask for optimistic prices but truth is units move slow. The only ones worth considering are the better placed corner terraces.

If you go in and view you will know - they cramped 3000 sq feet into 4 storeys - imagine the area per floor. 3metres away you look into your neighbour's private place, and him at yours. Units are super packed to each other like sardines.

The only place where you get any refuge is on roof terrace where some units have unblocked view...but you won't go in the afternoon thanks to the searing heat. I won't buy there as it is not close to amenities and the facilities are so-so - the EC Lilydale and Canopy are much better being nearer to amenities.

Not to upset any Shaunessy fans here but my honest 2 cents
:2cents:

orange
25-08-10, 19:25
buy buy buy

if you want to die

orange
25-08-10, 19:29
quite true. the trend now is near MRT is king

only now? bullshit. it has always been this way.

frankly speaking, i would save that stupid "near mrt" premium and buy something not so near mrt but posher location like upper thomson or upper bukit timah.

with that amount saved, i can buy a nice car.

true, car is not an asset and will not appreciate with time.

but if yishun condo near mrt appreciates a certain percentage, what makes you think the other properties in singapore also won't appreciate in a similar percentage? a rising tide raises all boats. unless your boat in geylang or some ****ed up location.

devilplate
25-08-10, 22:11

frankly speaking, i would save that stupid "near mrt" premium and buy something not so near mrt but posher location like upper thomson or upper bukit timah.

but if yishun condo near mrt appreciates a certain percentage, what makes you think the other properties in singapore also won't appreciate in a similar percentage? a rising tide raises all boats. unless your boat in geylang or some ****ed up location.

u sure upp thomson/upp bt is cheaper in quantum?:rolleyes:

Komo
25-08-10, 22:18

properties in this area has a lower base to appreciate, since lagging behind other areas. so % will likely be relatively higher.

mr funny
26-08-10, 01:46
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/news/story/0,4574,400960,00.html?

Published August 25, 2010

New benchmark set for condo land in Yishun area

Hoi Hup-Sunway tie-up puts in top bid of $405.53 psf ppr or $165m

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

A NEW benchmark has been set for condominium land in the Yishun/Semba- wang area. A state tender that closed yesterday for a 99-year leasehold plot at Miltonia Close next to Orchid Country Club fetched a top bid of $405.53 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr) or $165 million from a tie-up between Hoi Hup Realty and Sunway Developments.

The joint bid was 31 per cent higher than the next highest offer, placed by Master Contract Services, whose activities are listed as builders, contractors, developers and steel structural component makers.

Yesterday's tender drew seven bids, suggesting developers' appetite for choice sites is still healthy. Earlier this month, an executive condo plot at Jurong West did not draw a single bid - which some analysts blamed on its unattractive location.

At yesterday's tender, the lowest offer, from Hong Leong Group unit Intrepid Investments, was $240.56 psf ppr.

Market watchers note that the $405.53 psf ppr offered by Hoi Hup-Sunway surpassed the $387 psf ppr winning bid for a condo plot at Sembawang Road/ Canberra Drive at a state tender in June.

A Hoi Hup spokeswoman, explaining the group's 31 per cent margin at yesterday's tender, said: 'This is a rare site on mainland Singapore - next to a golf course, overlooking the (Lower Seletar) reservoir. We can see its potential.'

Hoi Hup and Sunway hope to build a five-storey condo with about 380 units comprising one- to four-bedroom units with as many units as possible having golf course views, she added.

Most of the units will be two- and three-bedders, targeting families.

The project is likely to be launch ready in about nine months to a year.

The allowed uses for the site are strata landed housing or condo housing or a flats development.

The Hoi Hup spokeswoman said the group's breakeven cost would be slightly above $700 psf.

'Our associated company, Straits Construction, will be doing the construction,' she added.

CBRE Research director Leonard Tay estimates that units in a new condo project on the site 'could possibly sell for above $800 psf'.

Another analyst suggests Hoi Hup and Sunway could be eyeing an average price of about $900 psf.

Market watchers note that a short distance away, The Estuary was launched in February this year at an average price of $750 psf. MCL Land is developing the project on a site it clinched for $350 psf ppr at a March 2008 tender. MCL's winning bid in that contest was a whopping 68 per cent more than the next highest bidder.

MCL's unit Superport also bid at yesterday's tender, emerging in fourth place at $285.10 psf ppr.

Frasers Centrepoint teamed up with Orchard Parade Holdings for a $308 psf ppr bid. Other bidders include Allgreen Properties ($267.60 psf ppr), and Ho Lee Group ($253.15 psf ppr).

Yesterday's joint top bid by Hoi Hup and Sunway will mark the duo's fourth collaboration.

They are developing two public housing projects under the Design Build and Sell Scheme as well as a 473-unit freehold condo at Jalan Senang, Vacanza@East, expected to be released soon.

26-08-10, 15:59
I don't think there is going to be reservoir view for this. :doh:

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/news/story/0,4574,400960,00.html?

Market watchers note that the $405.53 psf ppr offered by Hoi Hup-Sunway surpassed the $387 psf ppr winning bid for a condo plot at Sembawang Road/ Canberra Drive at a state tender in June.

A Hoi Hup spokeswoman, explaining the group's 31 per cent margin at yesterday's tender, said: 'This is a rare site on mainland Singapore - next to a golf course, overlooking the (Lower Seletar) reservoir. We can see its potential.'

Hoi Hup and Sunway hope to build a five-storey condo with about 380 units comprising one- to four-bedroom units with as many units as possible having golf course views, she added.

cashrich
26-08-10, 16:09
I don't think there is going to be reservoir view for this. :doh:

very easy.. got to HDB blocks facing this development.. then you will have the answers..

start with top floor.

then go to 5th floor.

If canopy is $6xx psf... the support price of this project would be at least $780 - $800 psf... 30% rule... the rest is developer profit.

The demand for these would be Shaugness ex owners, Lilydale, Orchid Park ex-owners, and years later from DBSS and canopy and the one near to Yishun Emerald etc... will be in demand.

Shagh at 1.2 m is more realistic though asking 1.3 and 1.4.... ask only man.. like asking "can I take advantage of you?"... willing ones will say yes.

27-08-10, 10:04
When i was at a particular unit of Shaughnessy, i did not notice the reservoir view, just the golf course. I find this piece of land more suited for landed (strata), which will then be ideal for the ex-owners of Lilydale, Orchid Park..... and even estuary (in future)

But at this price for the land cost, quite difficult to build landed.:tongue3:

very easy.. got to HDB blocks facing this development.. then you will have the answers..

start with top floor.

then go to 5th floor.

If canopy is $6xx psf... the support price of this project would be at least $780 - $800 psf... 30% rule... the rest is developer profit.

The demand for these would be Shaugness ex owners, Lilydale, Orchid Park ex-owners, and years later from DBSS and canopy and the one near to Yishun Emerald etc... will be in demand.

Shagh at 1.2 m is more realistic though asking 1.3 and 1.4.... ask only man.. like asking "can I take advantage of you?"... willing ones will say yes.

Xan
29-08-10, 12:05
buy buy buy

if you want to die

You don't buy doesn't mean u won't die.
Some people dare to buy, at least they try.
When the price goes up, dun whine.

devilplate
29-08-10, 12:35
When i was at a particular unit of Shaughnessy, i did not notice the reservoir view, just the golf course. I find this piece of land more suited for landed (strata), which will then be ideal for the ex-owners of Lilydale, Orchid Park..... and even estuary (in future)

But at this price for the land cost, quite difficult to build landed.:tongue3:

needless to say: cfm low rise condos.. so tat 4th flr and PH might be able to get reservoir view...another mass market condo to hit above 800psf without MRT:D

Condorich
31-08-10, 19:30
needless to say: cfm low rise condos.. so tat 4th flr and PH might be able to get reservoir view...another mass market condo to hit above 800psf without MRT:D

May not be already... I would think developer would make duplex units, plus studio plus other mixes of 2, 3 and 4 bedders... might even have shaugnessy comparable (3 storey) limited units say 10...

01-09-10, 13:41
I think a good mix and variety would be much needed and desired by the market rather than just another 5 storey condo....

May not be already... I would think developer would make duplex units, plus studio plus other mixes of 2, 3 and 4 bedders... might even have shaugnessy comparable (3 storey) limited units say 10...

Condorich
01-09-10, 18:58
I think a good mix and variety would be much needed and desired by the market rather than just another 5 storey condo....

Yup... break even price of $700 psf is hard to sell...

Even if they sell at $750 psf.... already quite hard as it is far from MRT.

They might launch much much later when the sentiments are way way better.

But.. MM units would save the day...

MM units = $850 to $950 psf
1 Bedder (500 sqf) = $800 to $900 psf
2 Bedder = $750 to $850 psf
3 Bedder = $700 to $800 psf
4 Better = $650 to $750 psf..

Let's see.

cashrich
03-09-10, 16:50
I think the land cost is around $400 psf.

Read the news.

Condorich
03-09-10, 18:35
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=9895

lifeline
01-05-11, 12:30
just received sms on Miltonia@Yishun.

5 storey 410 units
1/2/3/4/Ph

googled and found this:
520 sqft (48.31 sqm) 1 BR
650 sqft (60.39 sqm) 2 BR
1320 sqft (122.63 sqm) 4 BR

wonder how much will the launch price be in comparison with 8@courtyards, surrounding condos, and Orchid Spring @ Yishun and Vista Spring @ Yishun.

devilplate
01-05-11, 12:36

5 storey 410 units
1/2/3/4/Ph

googled and found this:

wonder how much will the launch price be in comparison with 8@courtyards, surrounding condos, and Orchid Spring @ Yishun and Vista Spring @ Yishun.

1bedder from 950psf

wah! 2bedder 650sqft ONLY!?!?!?!!@##$#%$:scared-1:

lifeline
01-05-11, 15:50
1bedder from 950psf

wah! 2bedder 650sqft ONLY!?!?!?!!@##$#%$:scared-1:

520sf*950psf = 494k
is this quoted by agent or your guess?

devilplate
01-05-11, 15:53
520sf*950psf = 494k
is this quoted by agent or your guess?

guess bcoz agts aso duno yet

Xan
01-05-11, 16:13

5 storey 410 units
1/2/3/4/Ph

googled and found this:

Hehe, thanks lifeline, will give this one a miss. I don't feel comfortable buying a property which is one fence away from where I'm staying now :)

lifeline
01-05-11, 18:24
Hehe, thanks lifeline, will give this one a miss. I don't feel comfortable buying a property which is one fence away from where I'm staying now :)

ah... now i remembered where you stay from your previous postings. :)
hope the launch price will be even higher than surroundings and give yours a bigger boost! ;)

Xan
06-05-11, 23:18
ah... now i remembered where you stay from your previous postings. :)
hope the launch price will be even higher than surroundings and give yours a bigger boost! ;)

If that day come, I treat u Buddha jump over the wall

kingkong1984
10-05-11, 21:37
http://www.miltonia-residences.com.sg/

Please share floor plans

mantrix
10-05-11, 21:58

Please share floor plans

the view is breath-taking...i'll love to own the PH there

kingkong1984
10-05-11, 21:59
Limited units only

mantrix
10-05-11, 22:02
Limited units only

damn....if PH at 800psf i'll bite :D

kingkong1984
10-05-11, 22:03
:D

Wise choice

devilplate
10-05-11, 22:05
High chance 800psf or even lesser for penthse

Std units shd be 850psf?

amk
10-05-11, 22:10

U sure ? Give u 2500 sf but with 800 sf terrace and 400 void u still take ? Very common PH or rather duplex layout u know

devilplate
10-05-11, 22:13
U sure ? Give u 2500 sf but with 800 sf terrace and 400 void u still take ? Very common PH or rather duplex layout u know
Terrene got the best ph layout.....so tempted to get one tat time:ashamed1:

mantrix
10-05-11, 22:14
High chance 800psf or even lesser for penthse

Std units shd be 850psf?

You think so? If like that good - but depends on amount of roof terrace

mantrix
10-05-11, 22:16

800 sq ft I can understand - what you mean by void?

devilplate
10-05-11, 22:21
You think so? If like that good - but depends on amount of roof terrace
Take canberra as a guide

Their ph 7xxpsf

devilplate
10-05-11, 22:22
800 sq ft I can understand - what you mean by void?
Those area at upper lvl of staircase for eg.

amk
10-05-11, 22:23
Terrene got the best ph layout.....so tempted to get one tat time:ashamed1:

Terrene the rows too close to each other lah... But best PH layout.. why ? Livia's PH layout also good what. Square rm with a square terrace.

devilplate
10-05-11, 22:24
Terrene the rows too close to each other lah... But best PH layout.. why ? Livia's PH layout also good what. Square rm with a square terrace.
2 bedroom on upper lvl

mantrix
10-05-11, 22:27
Those area at upper lvl of staircase for eg.

Ok understand - but a bit far fetched to be 400 sq ft leh

Btw one thought comes to mind - is the country club view guaranteed? What is lifespan of a country club? There is a possibility it can get bought out and transformed into giant industrial park?

kingkong1984
10-05-11, 22:32

Btw one thought comes to mind - is the country club view guaranteed? What is lifespan of a country club? There is a possibility it can get bought out and transformed into giant industrial park?

Quite safe, reservoir so cannot be industrial, also low rise also.

Worst case become car park and east coast park alike which is good.

kingkong1984
10-05-11, 22:33
Take canberra as a guide

Their ph 7xxpsf
Excellent guide, both should the similar. If this one cost more, walk away.

amk
10-05-11, 22:35

Yea lah exaggerated a bit to scare u haha :D

But really, 200 void is very possible. They can claim giving u double volume of living room, if the internal staircase is designed this way.

mantrix
10-05-11, 22:44
Yea lah exaggerated a bit to scare u haha :D

But really, 200 void is very possible. They can claim giving u double volume of living room, if the internal staircase is designed this way.

Ok where I stay right now I only have around 20 sq ft of void (not counting in staircase area)

I find it hard they will design just to rip you off - then it's poor design really

Still think this project will command a premium because of view and potential rental yield

devilplate
10-05-11, 22:49
Ok where I stay right now I only have around 20 sq ft of void (not counting in staircase area)

I find it hard they will design just to rip you off - then it's poor design really

Still think this project will command a premium because of view and potential rental yield
Go for it if u like it....not many projects hf golf course view

Pretty sure can get ard 800psf for ph

amk
10-05-11, 22:51
It's not necessarily poor design. Some ppl like double volume. The moment u have double volume something, u get this big void. Go search floor plans for Trizon, u find easily 200 sqft of void.

azeoprop
10-05-11, 22:54
Free flood lights at night can save on your electric bills ... :rolleyes:

mantrix
10-05-11, 23:09
Free flood lights at night can save on your electric bills ... :rolleyes:

Yeah that is a turn-off indeed...

Regulators
11-05-11, 00:40
this project quite far from MRT, if 700m away, i sure buy

omega
11-05-11, 01:13
Prefer a view beyond the greens; the water...:p

Regulators
11-05-11, 01:25
greens better than water, i have been to sea facing costa del sol at night, damn scary, looking out into a sea of black, not something you want to draw your curtains at night to look at

Prefer a view beyond the greens; the water...:p

lifeablast
11-05-11, 01:26
this project quite far from MRT, if 700m away, i sure buy

I drove by yesterday, definitely need a car or shuttle to mrt.
What do you guys think will happen to the field that have the goal posts in front of this development & the shaunessy?

omega
11-05-11, 01:32
greens better than water, i have been to sea facing costa del sol at night, damn scary, looking out into a sea of black, not something you want to draw your curtains at night to look at

Eerie :scared-4:

But I guess, that's just me... :o

jenshuang
11-05-11, 08:27
just to take note if you want to buy a house near golf course:

1. if the house is too close to tee-off box, u might keep hearing the high pitch "Ding" sound when ppl teeing-off. Sometimes, it come with a shout: "fall!!" :scared-4:

2. if the house is ard 100m-200m away from tee-box and very close to the fairway, b prepare to collect golf ball (sometimes the ball can curve almost 90deg if that is a v bad tee-shot)

Usually, the developer will put up a safety net to block the ball. but, if the net just in front of the house, it spoilt the view. And depend on how well is the net is maintanced, sometimes the ball did go through. Saw this happened in Malaysia. (and the golfer who did that is my friend :D )

my suggestion is: do the site survey first before choosing the unit you like. :)

Just my :2cents:..

kingkong1984
11-05-11, 08:51
For flood lights, this is the same with the Estuary except much better as no football 'hooligans' and noise.

For golf balls. They don't play into the night so pretty ok. Better than Buses or motorcycles zooming past. If afraid of the balls, go get pool views will do.

For those staying there, mainly with cars.

How come no one is able to share floor plans?

kingkong1984
11-05-11, 18:18

Please share floor plans

Check expected pricing here.

If priced too high, can forget about it.

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/7+bids+received+for+Yishun+site/

azeoprop
11-05-11, 18:44
The bid price is rather high...most probably 850 to 950psf. Should be similar to or higher than canberra residences. But they might make the units smaller so that quantum lower. :beats-me-man:

kingkong1984
11-05-11, 19:16
The bid price is rather high...most probably 850 to 950psf. Should be similar to or higher than canberra residences. But they might make the units smaller so that quantum lower. :beats-me-man:

yes, for the 1 bedders.

I think might even reach 900 psf.

the Big units shall be the lowest psf.

devilplate
11-05-11, 19:23
yes, for the 1 bedders.

I think might even reach 900 psf.

the Big units shall be the lowest psf.
For 1bedders might hit 1kpsf+....8cy 452sqft oredi 9xxpsf....i tot 3xxk n get one for my doggy:p

kane
11-05-11, 22:19
this is a leasehold project right.

kingkong1984
11-05-11, 22:23
Yes, 1, 2, 3, 4 and penthouses. Lh 99 years.

Better than the project next door, lh cluster landed.

kane
11-05-11, 22:32

why lh apt better than lh cluster landed?

Xan
11-05-11, 22:49
just to take note if you want to buy a house near golf course:

1. if the house is too close to tee-off box, u might keep hearing the high pitch "Ding" sound when ppl teeing-off. Sometimes, it come with a shout: "fall!!" :scared-4:

2. if the house is ard 100m-200m away from tee-box and very close to the fairway, b prepare to collect golf ball (sometimes the ball can curve almost 90deg if that is a v bad tee-shot)

Usually, the developer will put up a safety net to block the ball. but, if the net just in front of the house, it spoilt the view. And depend on how well is the net is maintanced, sometimes the ball did go through. Saw this happened in Malaysia. (and the golfer who did that is my friend :D )

my suggestion is: do the site survey first before choosing the unit you like. :)

Just my :2cents:..

Haha, rubbish. My unit just less than 20m next the golf course, never have such things happen. :)

azeoprop
11-05-11, 22:58
Haha, rubbish. My unit just less than 20m next the golf course, never have such things happen. :)

Never go kaypo see how is the showhouse next door? :rolleyes:

Komo
11-05-11, 23:44
Seems like Canberra residence is a better buy! Near to amenities is better than near to reservoir or golf course.:D

kingkong1984
12-05-11, 00:04
why lh apt better than lh cluster landed?
Big is good but too big is bad.

Lower in quantum means easier to price up or to get rid if needed too.

Selling a 500k, or 1000k unit is easier than selling a 1500 k or 2000k unit.

Also, if want to go for landed, only go for FH or LH999 years old. The rest waste of time.

No golf ball issue lah. Agree Canberra Residence better located so expecting this to be at or cheaper than it. Otherwise, Robert head. Chop chop chop.

Regulators
12-05-11, 00:04
are you taking the plunge into this project? :D

kingkong1984
12-05-11, 00:07
are you taking the plunge into this project? :D
Yes if it is priced right. Max 850 psf for 4 bedder n 800 psf for PH. However, will study layout and fengshui in detail first.

I hope that I don't give the Idea that I talk down for my interest. Just sharing my views.

jenshuang
12-05-11, 08:07

Xan, i just outline that there is possibilities that might happen. i didn't specifically stated that Miltonia or Shaugnessy would face this problem.:)

I did some analysis on the location. Based on google map layout, Shaugnessy definitely not facing the issues that i stated before. Miltonia has to see the siteplan first, might has good views insteads of the issues that i mentioned before.:)

I also attached an example how the worst case will be if the houses located too close to fairway.

note: i knew that OCC did some major changes on the course layout. My pic is based on the old course layout.

Xan
12-05-11, 15:15
Never go kaypo see how is the showhouse next door? :rolleyes:

Today drive in and go kaypoh a bit...the showroom had just set up. Must agree some units will have very nice golf course view and some higher level units might be able to see the reservoir quite clearly The jialat ones will face some shaughnessy units...other than that, most units will enjoy greenery view.

Xan
12-05-11, 15:31
Big is good but too big is bad.

Lower in quantum means easier to price up or to get rid if needed too.

Selling a 500k, or 1000k unit is easier than selling a 1500 k or 2000k unit.

Also, if want to go for landed, only go for FH or LH999 years old. The rest waste of time.

No golf ball issue lah. Agree Canberra Residence better located so expecting this to be at or cheaper than it. Otherwise, Robert head. Chop chop chop.

Haha, another weird comment...first time I heard too big is no good. Compare the psf and the needs of the family first.... If 1 mil I can only get 1100sqft (3 bedder) while 1.5 mil I get 3305 sqft (with 5 big bedrooms, 2 personal parking lots, big roof garden etc), I certainly wld not agree with u. :) anyway dun be mistaken, I don't hv any hidden agenda, and I confess I stayed in shaunghnessy....just pure logic and :2cents:

dh
12-05-11, 15:54
Xan, would like to chk with u, are u able to see the reservoir at 3rd floor? Or only at the roof terrace?

kingkong1984
12-05-11, 16:01
Haha, another weird comment...first time I heard too big is no good. Compare the psf and the needs of the family first.... If 1 mil I can only get 1100sqft (3 bedder) while 1.5 mil I get 3305 sqft (with 5 big bedrooms, 2 personal parking lots, big roof garden etc), I certainly wld not agree with u. :) anyway dun be mistaken, I don't hv any hidden agenda, and I confess I stayed in shaunghnessy....just pure logic and :2cents:

I like your honesty. No worries. Let me clarify what I mean

:)

Too big means too expansive lah. Not many people can afford it. So that means is not too good in that sense.

Give u an example. The Shaugnessy $800k, sell at 1.25 million earlier, net $400k versus some Condo bought at $400k, sell at $850k earlier, net $400k. Same profit but different rate of return. So which is better? The $400k one lah. Purely on investment point of view.

For self stay, the bigger the better!!!!!

;)

and some people say, the more expansive the better too :)

kingkong1984
12-05-11, 16:07
Xan, would like to chk with u, are u able to see the reservoir at 3rd floor? Or only at the roof terrace?

can see the pics here lah. Got one red tower to avoid.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/3737905/for-sale-the-shaughnessy

Xan
12-05-11, 18:34
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee500/Ben_Ng/eb5a3ed7.png

Xan
12-05-11, 18:36
Delete duplicate

Xan
12-05-11, 18:51
This is the country club view from my master room and living room. My unit can't see the reservoir because it is north south facing. Units in shaughnessy that can see some parts of reservoir are those east facing units. However, these east facing Shaughnessy units will be blocked by miltonia residence, which means to say that some units in miltonia residence can see the golf course and the reservoir much clearer. My guess is, the view will be breathtaking. Why I know? Coz just now I drive in and recce the place. Hope these info helps:)

Xan
12-05-11, 18:58
can see the pics here lah. Got one red tower to avoid.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/3737905/for-sale-the-shaughnessy

Hi kinkong, the link that u put up pertaining to unit in prop guru are those east facing units. Previously, these units are the most likely to see part of reservoir. But now they will be blocked by miltonia residence. No wonder they want to sell. Hehe

Xan
12-05-11, 19:19
I like your honesty. No worries. Let me clarify what I mean

:)

Too big means too expansive lah. Not many people can afford it. So that means is not too good in that sense.

Give u an example. The Shaugnessy $800k, sell at 1.25 million earlier, net $400k versus some Condo bought at $400k, sell at $850k earlier, net $400k. Same profit but different rate of return. So which is better? The $400k one lah. Purely on investment point of view.

For self stay, the bigger the better!!!!!

;)

and some people say, the more expansive the better too :)

Just wanted to be accurate coz I've been thru the cycle:

Bought shaughnessy at 800k (in 2006), latest transact at 1.5 mil(in 2011)... Net profit 700k.
Bought a 3 bedder at 600k (in 2006), latest transact price at ard 1mil ( in 2011).... Net profit 400k.

This info are just purely based on my previous buying and selling experience. Of coz We can agree to disagree. :ashamed1:

Xan
12-05-11, 19:23
Yes if it is priced right. Max 850 psf for 4 bedder n 800 psf for PH. However, will study layout and fengshui in detail first.

I hope that I don't give the Idea that I talk down for my interest. Just sharing my views.

Eh if u buy, must let us know lah, feel excited for u as well.... Lol

dh
12-05-11, 19:59
Good Infor, thanks for ur effort to share.

This is the country club view from my master room and living room. My unit can't see the reservoir because it is north south facing. Units in shaughnessy that can see some parts of reservoir are those east facing units. However, these east facing Shaughnessy units will be blocked by miltonia residence, which means to say that some units in miltonia residence can see the golf course and the reservoir much clearer. My guess is, the view will be breathtaking. Why I know? Coz just now I drive in and recce the place. Hope these info helps:)

Xan
12-05-11, 22:08
Good Infor, thanks for ur effort to share.

Hi dh u also hv vested interest in this dev?

kingkong1984
12-05-11, 22:17
Just wanted to be accurate coz I've been thru the cycle:

Bought shaughnessy at 800k (in 2006), latest transact at 1.5 mil(in 2011)... Net profit 700k.
Bought a 3 bedder at 600k (in 2006), latest transact price at ard 1mil ( in 2011).... Net profit 400k.

This info are just purely based on my previous buying and selling experience. Of coz We can agree to disagree. :ashamed1:
Just giving an illustration there. Your development hit 1.05 m then 1.15m then 1.25 m, 1.35m, 1.45m, 1.55m lah... We must look at deals done at the same time.

Ok, agree to agree :)

dh
13-05-11, 11:32
I quite like the location, will surely pay a visit to the showroom. :)

Hi dh u also hv vested interest in this dev?

devilplate
13-05-11, 11:51
I quite like the location, will surely pay a visit to the showroom. :)
I like the view too....no roads in front...goodie good....any flrplans n site plan avail?

mantrix
13-05-11, 14:41
I like the view too....no roads in front...goodie good....any flrplans n site plan avail?

So many interested...I no chance liao :(

Just dun take my penthouse :D

lifeablast
13-05-11, 16:14
I still wondering what is the plan for the field that have the goal posts in front of this development & the shaunessy? If something come up there will block miltonia units that facing the road, am I correct?

Xan
13-05-11, 16:17
So many interested...I no chance liao :(

Just dun take my penthouse :D

I drive in yesterday, notice some miltonia residence units facing the country club would be exclusive. The trees there are generally short which means to say that the view of the reservoir will be unblock. Gut feel is if the penthouse unit overlook the golf course and reservoir, the view will be spectacular.

Xan
13-05-11, 16:19
I still wondering what is the plan for the field that have the goal posts in front of this development & the shaunessy? If something come up there will block miltonia units that facing the road, am I correct?

The very last time I heard is that the soccer field will be used to build low rise condo like miltonia residence. Was told by my agent. Not sure accurate or not.

devilplate
13-05-11, 18:12
I drive in yesterday, notice some miltonia residence units facing the country club would be exclusive. The trees there are generally short which means to say that the view of the reservoir will be unblock. Gut feel is if the penthouse unit overlook the golf course and reservoir, the view will be spectacular.
Any flr n site plan?:D

mantrix
13-05-11, 18:33
The very last time I heard is that the soccer field will be used to build low rise condo like miltonia residence. Was told by my agent. Not sure accurate or not.

That's a showstopper!

kingkong1984
13-05-11, 22:24
That's a showstopper!
Wah lau... Master plan say plot 2.1, so how can this be the same?:doh:

The whole stretch along miltonia close is 1.4. Future launch more exclusive into the golf course. The worst get launched first from shaugnessy

Xan
14-05-11, 12:45
Wah lau... Master plan say plot 2.1, so how can this be the same?:doh:

The whole stretch along miltonia close is 1.4. Future launch more exclusive into the golf course. The worst get launched first from shaugnessy

Not much difference in my opinion. It's the price that matters.

kingkong1984
14-05-11, 13:03
Not much difference in my opinion. It's the price that matters.

yup, price depending on market conditions.

From a land release point of view. The better ones are saved for last. Otherwise, how to sell higher?

Xan
14-05-11, 14:20
yup, price depending on market conditions.

From a land release point of view. The better ones are saved for last. Otherwise, how to sell higher?

Not true for waterfront series. Don't think isle's location is better than wave or key though isle is launch later.(in terms of u/c mrt location). Not true for miltonia plot as well....coz the dev here all spans around orchid country club. Difference in terms of nice country club view is very minor only. If some miltonia residence units can see golf course, so are the shaughnessy units. All not near amenities or mrt....so don't see much difference in miltonia plot here.

But I do agree better plot are usually release later by default...but not always the case.

kingkong1984
14-05-11, 14:31
Yes, I agree with u on this.

It depends on the decision maker.

Lovelle
15-05-11, 16:09
hi gurus,

what kind of rental are you looking at for these developments ? are u buying mainly for own stay ?

kingkong1984
15-05-11, 17:38
hi gurus,

what kind of rental are you looking at for these developments ? are u buying mainly for own stay ?

Mainly self stay I suppose.

Rental might have some switching from lilydale, orchid park and the estuary due to 'newness'.

These units caters to north and northeast, quite a big catchment for the seletar aerospace hub.

I am watching the price. If price right might bite, too high can wait for correction. Centro residence already got owner selling at a loss. 1.15 million but got rid at 1.1 million.

That tells u lovely FEO nicks something right?

devilplate
15-05-11, 17:42
Mainly self stay I suppose.

Rental might have some switching from lilydale, orchid park and the estuary due to 'newness'.

These units caters to north and northeast, quite a big catchment for the seletar aerospace hub.

I am watching the price. If price right might bite, too high can wait for correction. Centro residence already got owner selling at a loss. 1.15 million but got rid at 1.1 million.

That tells u lovely FEO nicks something right?
Centro got firesale ar? Can post caveat here:D

proud owner
15-05-11, 17:45
Centro got firesale ar? Can post caveat here:D

wow u keen ah ?? surrounded by HDBs wor ?

or you planning to use it to bargain for better price for other projects ?

kingkong1984
15-05-11, 17:47
#19-04

1.150k 904 sqf 25 Nov 2009

1.100k sold 26 Apr 2011.

Run!!!!!!

Lovelle
15-05-11, 18:16
hi kingkong

if working in the north and likes greenary, this should be the place.

no mrt for me is out of accessible...think they shouldn't be selling at high price...

kingkong1984
15-05-11, 18:21
hi kingkong

no mrt for me is out of accessible...think they shouldn't be selling at high price...

Yup, the check is Canberra residence. If this is more expansive than that, it's overpriced.

devilplate
15-05-11, 18:21
hi kingkong

U aso eyeing ar?

Hopefully the layout is nice lor...

Penthse ard 1600sqft shd b jus nice....

Hope to see penthse layout like terrene....2bedrms on upper lvl

Lovelle
15-05-11, 18:33
not looking at yishun...

mrt there to town travelling time is quite long , driving to town will faced the jam...

can consider if work in the north or against traffic. if got too much $$ can buy as vacation home...but in spore no such thing...

yo people,

why u guys have not consider areas around Terrene like signature park, etc etc or even the gonna TOP Park Natura for near to nature park ?

regulator who bot Regency heights is just nearby there too.

Lovelle
15-05-11, 18:48
saw clover by the park done at 1.5mil for 3 bedders. chun boh ?

devilplate
15-05-11, 22:29
Miltonia got no amenities at all hor..... So the selling pt is really only the view liao

kingkong1984
15-05-11, 23:18
So dun pay top dollar for units without views.

Not too bad lah, got ntuc at country club nearby plus childcare plus hotel for ur guest, bowling alley and peach garden resturant.

All these for a price tag similar to estuary launch plus 50 psf expected.

richwang
17-05-11, 10:08
I have not stayed in Singapore long enough, so maybe someone can help to verify the information below:

Orchid Country Club was granted 30 years lease from the Government for NTUC. It was driven by the then President (and NTUC head?) Ong Ten Chang. The lease is left with about 14 years now. NTUC is now (jointly?) own another golf club near Maria Bay (next to NTUC headquarter).

So there is a potential risk that OCC lease will not be renewed when it is expires. Who knows you might see HIGH RISE 99 LH buildings there - fantastic reservoir view. Just look at what has happened to East Coast: high rise blocking low rise views.

Thanks,
Richard

kingkong1984
17-05-11, 10:17
This is the worst post I have read. High rise so close to reserviour? Go read master plan before you squeak.

Never ever will there be a industrial right next to it too.

There will be a high rise looking over the country club but it will be a long long time before it is up for sale.

DC33_2008
17-05-11, 10:17
Just like Keppel Country Club. Lease will run out and make way for housing.
I have not stayed in Singapore long enough, so maybe someone can help to verify the information below:

Orchid Country Club was granted 30 years lease from the Government for NTUC. It was driven by the then President (and NTUC head?) Ong Ten Chang. The lease is left with about 14 years now. NTUC is now (jointly?) own another golf club near Maria Bay (next to NTUC headquarter).

So there is a potential risk that OCC lease will not be renewed when it is expires. Who knows you might see HIGH RISE 99 LH buildings there - fantastic reservoir view. Just look at what has happened to East Coast: high rise blocking low rise views.

Thanks,
Richard

amk
17-05-11, 10:30
Just like Keppel Country Club. Lease will run out and make way for housing.

Reflections @ Seletar Reservoir ? ;)

kingkong1984
17-05-11, 10:39
Reflections @ Seletar Reservoir ? ;)

Go read master plan lah....

The inner ones 2.8. Then 2.1, then 1.4.

All for the views.

richwang
17-05-11, 10:48
May I know how frequently the master plan get reviewed? We are talking about 14 years down the road.

For efficient use of land (to get the most units with reservoir view), high rise is the way to go. Just look at Bedor Reservior.

Thanks,
Richard

kingkong1984
17-05-11, 11:01
Then you might as well say the estuary will be blocked. How wild?

devilplate
17-05-11, 11:05
14yrs later...who cares....gona top 4yrs later n still got 10yrs to sell:D

I wun keep a expiring time bomb for more den 10yrs:scared-5: :D

rattydrama
17-05-11, 12:57
Is the floor plan out n show flat ready?

kingkong1984
17-05-11, 13:37
14yrs later...who cares....gona top 4yrs later n still got 10yrs to sell:D

I wun keep a expiring time bomb for more den 10yrs:scared-5: :D
That's why go for FH landed if priced too high.

Walk away and let them wait.

Show flat ready, launch ready, no floor plan available to public yet.

kingkong1984
20-05-11, 14:58
Is the floor plan out n show flat ready?

ahh.... avg $8xx psf.

mantrix
20-05-11, 16:49
ahh.... avg $8xx psf.

I was right :)

kingkong1984
20-05-11, 18:02
I was right :)

what is the break down?

I think 1 bedder close to $1k psf leh.

I predict the prices should be very very similar to CANBERRA RESIDENCE.

mantrix
20-05-11, 19:35
what is the break down?

I think 1 bedder close to $1k psf leh.

I predict the prices should be very very similar to CANBERRA RESIDENCE.

i agree 1BR close to 1K easy

but i think will still be priced higher than CR though...

any idea on my PH psf? :D

kingkong1984
20-05-11, 21:45

No idea as yet to be finalize.

If good demand, jack up higher. If poor, sell lower lor.

Xan
21-05-11, 07:57
ahh.... avg $8xx psf.

This kinda pricing came with no surprise
Still better than foresque

kingkong1984
21-05-11, 08:02
This kinda pricing came with no surprise
Still better than foresque
Yes yes, remember, smaller units so psf can be higher but still with affordable quantum.

Should have 50 percent sales at least

rattydrama
21-05-11, 12:09
That's why go for FH landed if priced too high.

Walk away and let them wait.

Show flat ready, launch ready, no floor plan available to public yet.

hello, went there yesterday afternoon, cannot go in and see leh. Launch ready meh? the workers there say end of the month.

rattydrama
21-05-11, 12:12

If priced higher than CR, nobody want to buy leh, now the sendiments is buy at low low price as compared to the neighbouring projects cos too many choices. new policy will be introduced...alot of people wait and see and FEO is off loading their units quickly... stay tunned.

and also because I am interested to buy one at low low price. :p :p :p :p

DC33_2008
21-05-11, 12:16
KBW's $8 psf home. :scared-4:
If priced higher than CR, nobody want to buy leh, now the sendiments is buy at low low price as compared to the neighbouring projects cos too many choices. new policy will be introduced...alot of people wait and see and FEO is off loading their units quickly... stay tunned.

and also because I am interested to buy one at low low price. :p :p :p :p

devilplate
21-05-11, 12:26
After visiting the site n surrounding, no go for me.

Realised its pretty near to the smokey chambers:scared-3:

DC33_2008
21-05-11, 12:28
You are also interested in northern project. Beware of KBW's plan for housing in Singapore.
After visiting the site n surrounding, no go for me.

Realised its pretty near to the smokey chambers:scared-3:

devilplate
21-05-11, 12:32
You are also interested in northern project. Beware of KBW's plan for housing in Singapore.
Tot buy one for my doggy to enjoy the golf n reservoir view....

Anyway more smokey chambers coming.....spend while u can

rattydrama
21-05-11, 12:32
KBW's $8 psf home. :scared-4:
ya, I also have one....but maybe $50psf FH:p

DC33_2008
21-05-11, 12:34
Doggy's life might be shortened with the vertical cigarette.
Tot buy one for my doggy to enjoy the golf n reservoir view....

Anyway more smokey chambers coming.....spend while u can

rattydrama
21-05-11, 12:37
more jobs to be created in cheapo north....demand might ramp up.....smokey chambers... malaysia or Singapore? I din pay attention.

devilplate
21-05-11, 12:42
more jobs to be created in cheapo north....demand might ramp up.....smokey chambers... malaysia or Singapore? I din pay attention.
It doesnt matter now...currently, west n north....prolly 5-10yrs time, east will get it....left will south n only super rich can afford...but hey, sg is a small dot....:scared-5:

DC33_2008
21-05-11, 12:46
Just like hong kong and kowloon from nearby industrial city from China.
It doesnt matter now...currently, west n north....prolly 5-10yrs time, east will get it....left will south n only super rich can afford...but hey, sg is a small dot....:scared-5:

Chonngpang
21-05-11, 12:49
any idea what unsolds projects eg FEO will have a good bargain ? I thought FEO usually has holding power...they even hold some Orchid Park Condo units! I stay over in the north and seriously considering Miltonia ( not sure if a 3 bed would be around 750 -800 K ? ) ...already placed aa optionwith 8courtyard 990 sqf @ 770K ... still deciding whether to exercise ...:doh:

devilplate
21-05-11, 12:58
any idea what unsolds projects eg FEO will have a good bargain ? I thought FEO usually has holding power...they even hold some Orchid Park Condo units! I stay over in the north and seriously considering Miltonia ( not sure if a 3 bed would be around 750 -800 K ? ) ...already placed aa optionwith 8courtyard 990 sqf @ 770K ... still deciding whether to exercise ...:doh:
8cy more convenient...got buses right at doorstep....

Miltonia really got nothing except views

Btw, u smell anything unusual so far?

Chonngpang
21-05-11, 13:07
8cy more convenient...got buses right at doorstep....

Miltonia really got nothing except views

that's is the plus point...but i stay close to 8cy and the ave 7 noise beside is very noisy plus the holicopter hovering every evening... guess Miltonia would be more quiet and exclusive..not sure about the ave 1 ...not that far away which has a lot of lorries rumbling down each day from Seletar

kingkong1984
21-05-11, 13:16
hello, went there yesterday afternoon, cannot go in and see leh. Launch ready meh? the workers there say end of the month.
Yes, in property guru, even got show room pics but the listings has been removed. If not I link here for u.

kingkong1984
21-05-11, 13:24
that's is the plus point...but i stay close to 8cy and the ave 7 noise beside is very noisy plus the holicopter hovering every evening... guess Miltonia would be more quiet and exclusive..not sure about the ave 1 ...not that far away which has a lot of lorries rumbling down each day from Seletar
Comparing eggs and flowers

Eggs location better but more crowded

Flowers location not better but not more crowded

Eggs got courtyards but no golf course

Flower got golf course but no courtyards

Eggs got helicopters but no airplanes

Flower got airplanes but no helicopters

Eggs can walk to MRT but cannot walk to reservoir

Flower cannot walk to MRT but can walk to reservoir

Eggs wlll be broken and flowers will be rotten

Which one do u want to give your wife?

Hahaha trying to be objective. As location is not as good with cranberries residence, this one should not be priced higher

devilplate
21-05-11, 13:32
Shd expect lousy facing units at miltonia selling for 750psf
Golf view 850psf

DC33_2008
21-05-11, 13:36
Who knows how long will the golf be around? Even former warren golf range becomes University Town.
Shd expect lousy facing units at miltonia selling for 750psf
Golf view 850psf

devilplate
21-05-11, 13:41
Who knows how long will the golf be around? Even former warren golf range becomes University Town.
Mentioned b4 by sm1....left abt 20yrs rite....by tat time, lease aso expiring....mabe hit the coffin liao too

Chonngpang
21-05-11, 13:45

Hahaha trying to be objective. As location is not as good with cranberries residence, this one should not be priced higher

Thanks for the interesting insight!..yes u remind me of the airplane! Not sure how noisy would be those smaller planes..I hope the price of M would be lower than CF...the psf is above $400 for land purchase so i doubt it would be below $800 for 2-3 beded.. Btw i am a newbies to this forum here...a lot of interesting and useful contributions...

kingkong1984
21-05-11, 14:28
Logically speaking possible.

Realistically speaking unable.

Futuristically speaking bargainable.

Idealistically speaking impossible

kingkong1984
21-05-11, 14:37
Yes, in property guru, even got show room pics but the listings has been removed. If not I link here for u.
Can see these instead

http://www.propertydelights.myweb.sg/158

Chonngpang
21-05-11, 14:52
Btw the tender bid for the land between CR and SSC will closed 26 may. It will reserved for low rise condo similar to CR. Convinience but minus point is the sound of SSC exhuast just right beside..will be intersting to see a new project in that location..May hit above $900 P
psf

kingkong1984
21-05-11, 14:55
Tats why developer waiting.

They make that their new reference price.

If land bid high, they can ask for more.

If land bid lower, they can hope for more.

My crystal ball, land bid around 300 to 350.

kingkong1984
21-05-11, 17:08
Btw the tender bid for the land between CR and SSC will closed 26 may. It will reserved for low rise condo similar to CR. Convinience but minus point is the sound of SSC exhuast just right beside..will be intersting to see a new project in that location..May hit above $900 P
psf
http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/SbwJlnSendudok/SbwJS-flyer.pdf

Chonngpang
21-05-11, 17:53

Gd info...thanks..
Btw i also need some advice ...i am looking at hedges park condo...a 2+1 for 872 sqf ...low quantum around 880 psf..but really small.not sure if the it is a good investment as i heard a lot abt the oversupply in flora drive from A-F and also minus point is the LH vs all the FH neighhours...was banging on the 4th uni and the changi biz park...what is ur take on that vs Miltonia potential ? Thanks

kingkong1984
21-05-11, 18:01
Gd info...thanks..
Btw i also need some advice ...i am looking at hedges park condo...a 2+1 for 872 sqf ...low quantum around 880 psf..but really small.not sure if the it is a good investment as i heard a lot abt the oversupply in flora drive from A-F and also minus point is the LH vs all the FH neighhours...was banging on the 4th uni and the changi biz park...what is ur take on that vs Miltonia potential ? Thanks
Short life versus long life, no good no good.

Thorn among the roses become worm among the apples.

Investment wise, miltonia also not the best choice. It depends on the entry prices.

If die die want to invest, consider after the govts review and move forward, too much risk now.

kingkong1984
21-05-11, 18:12

My guess, 125 million to 150 million.

rattydrama
21-05-11, 18:18
Can see these instead

http://www.propertydelights.myweb.sg/158

Thanks! But Im also looking for site layout. :-(

Anyway, end of the Month is June not May. went there could not find any chimmy.

Chonngpang
21-05-11, 18:18
Short life versus long life, no good no good.

Thorn among the roses become worm among the apples.

Investment wise, miltonia also not the best choice. It depends on the entry prices.

If die die want to invest, consider after the govts review and move forward, too much risk now.

given the recent GLS price..i doubt developers are willing to price down even when approaching to 2014 with their inventory of unsold units prior to TOP... i doubt Govt would do anything to the MM condos price...they could influence demand by reduce further influx of FTs ..with the oversupply of units unsold....developers are not desperate for firesales...not the big developers who almost control the supply..they have made enough $$ to have holding power ...Do you think there is any possibility of a major correction to the MM condos price in the next 2-3 years?

rattydrama
21-05-11, 18:19
Tats why developer waiting.

They make that their new reference price.

If land bid high, they can ask for more.

If land bid lower, they can hope for more.

My crystal ball, land bid around 300 to 350.

No lah, should be higher......:-) you forgot those china developer?

rattydrama
21-05-11, 18:21
Gd info...thanks..

u going to rent to Ah Nei? :p Self stay Miltonia.....but price should be reasonable to allow you to save some $ for investoment ppty.

DC33_2008
21-05-11, 18:28
Even FEO is remarketing 99LH "The Bayshore" 3 and 4 bedders that were TOP in 1999.
given the recent GLS price..i doubt developers are willing to price down even when approaching to 2014 with their inventory of unsold units prior to TOP... i doubt Govt would do anything to the MM condos price...they could influence demand by reduce further influx of FTs ..with the oversupply of units unsold....developers are not desperate for firesales...not the big developers who almost control the supply..they have made enough $$ to have holding power ...Do you think there is any possibility of a major correction to the MM condos price in the next 2-3 years?

Komo
21-05-11, 18:37

So best of them all is the "city" near SSC?

Chonngpang
21-05-11, 19:03
u going to rent to Ah Nei? :p Self stay Miltonia.....but price should be reasonable to allow you to save some $ for investoment ppty.
May consider staying and sell 2-3 yrs after..

Chonngpang
21-05-11, 19:13

I visited the site twice..they oredy chain up the parking area to the showroom premises. Can't spot any chimney..overall environment is quiet and serene..may concern abt mosquitos as beside is a big plot of forest..the signage showing top by end 2014..

rattydrama
21-05-11, 19:25
we can only hope for cap appreciation for this project. rental could be tuf if you cannot sell. :2cents:

mantrix
21-05-11, 21:24
we can only hope for cap appreciation for this project. rental could be tuf if you cannot sell. :2cents:

agree. that's why i am only interested cos want to get a good view PH for self-stay :D

kingkong1984
21-05-11, 21:30

The chimmy is the one at the end of the airport run way in Malaysia. One joss stick there.

The developer watching the land bid provisional results before finalising the prices. This development would be cheaper than cranberries but if jalan sen dodo is higher, they might price up. If lower, they have no choice but to price lower to sell.

China developer not stupid one. Why want to bid so high? Might as well bid lower and sell higher right?

rattydrama
21-05-11, 21:39
The chimmy is the one at the end of the airport run way in Malaysia. One joss stick there.

The developer watching the land bid provisional results before finalising the prices. This development would be cheaper than cranberries but if jalan sen dodo is higher, they might price up. If lower, they have no choice but to price lower to sell.

China developer not stupid one. Why want to bid so high? Might as well bid lower and sell higher right?

the canopy land price price quite freaky rite? Until now, difficult to clear. passby today, saw agent beat mosquito. lol.

kingkong1984
21-05-11, 21:39
So best of them all is the "city" near SSC?
The best ones will be at the new Yishun bus interchange. But may not be cheap.

2 developments, one within walking distance to mrt and shopping center. The other without.

Which one should you choose? The answer is clear.

Some developers will crack when the crunch comes.

When there are cracks, water level will fall in the vase.

So if u want to buy, buy when the cracks are amended.

rattydrama
21-05-11, 21:40
agree. that's why i am only interested cos want to get a good view PH for self-stay :D

haha self stay for you or for others who want big unit and views? I bet you will move again at the right price......

kingkong1984
21-05-11, 21:43
Ah pang.... That will be about 7 or 8 years later.

U cannot even spell chongpang correctly and u want to buy miltonia?

kingkong1984
21-05-11, 21:45
haha self stay for you or for others who want big unit and views? I bet you will move again at the right price......
The same reasons for the shaugnessy buyers and owners during first launch.

They have moved on with a bag of gold.

It's to be repeated lah.

Chonngpang
21-05-11, 21:46

You got a point...no wonder they wait till June to do the launch after the May 26 tender closed!..Not sure MCC will top another bid after CR...they seems to be active for projects in the north..those china developers purse have enough surplus to overbid...

kingkong1984
21-05-11, 21:47
Even FEO is remarketing 99LH "The Bayshore" 3 and 4 bedders that were TOP in 1999.
Go talk to developers, mostly fearful of new measures and are in a hurry to offload.

kingkong1984
21-05-11, 21:54
You got a point...no wonder they wait till June to do the launch after the May 26 tender closed!..Not sure MCC will top another bid after CR...they seems to be active for projects in the north..those china developers purse have enough surplus to overbid...
When u chase, u better have seat belts on.

When they chase, u better be safe.

When they crash, u better be haste.

rattydrama
21-05-11, 22:30
Go talk to developers, mostly fearful of new measures and are in a hurry to offload.

maybe have yet to spread to the north - Yishun as there are still many upgraders and not many new projects. The sales isnt that bad. eg. 8 courtyard. The project is good but I refuse the accept the location.

kingkong1984
21-05-11, 22:38
I smell a rat.

solsys
22-05-11, 00:06
The northern story just started, whereas changi, tampines story already started in 2009 with Double Bay launch.

Yishun, Sembawang, Admiralty, Woodlands undervalued for too long with almost no new condo launch. They have been depressed until NSE and Yishun new hub announced.

The lack of condo launches in north bottled up the demand that built up over the years.

Alot of people are worrying about potential near future shock in economy system, but I think what is gg to happen is hyperinflation, I.e prices of all tangible goods runaway, including housing.

linchong84
22-05-11, 00:24
The northern story just started, whereas changi, tampines story already started in 2009 with Double Bay launch.

Yishun, Sembawang, Admiralty, Woodlands undervalued for too long with almost no new condo launch. They have been depressed until NSE and Yishun new hub announced.

The lack of condo launches in north bottled up the demand that built up over the years.

Alot of people are worrying about potential near future shock in economy system, but I think what is gg to happen is hyperinflation, I.e prices of all tangible goods runaway, including housing.

singapore hyperinflation? Now already quite bad, don't think will get worse already. Anyway i think the northern properties are priced quite correctly, not really undervalued. Cos the fact is they are quite far from town, that limits how high their prices can climb. And if you notice, the launches are all not very near MRT. The nearest one, estuary, is still quite a walk away too.. Wonder whether there are land that are beside mrt available for tender..

solsys
22-05-11, 01:07
Once yishun hub mature, the neighboring mrts next to it will have most of the condo up. If u are asking empty land, look at sembawang mrt for the next next northern phase. Of course that phase will be I think after NSE is completed.

I think Woodhaven already asking $900 -950psf, this will drive the earlier launches and resale prices up, which are creeping in progress already.

Cooling measure 5 will come perhaps if north breach 1000psf, i think most developers are trying to price just below that psycho level.

When KPE was completed and newspaper wrote about the new found accessibility 6mths later, sengkang houses jumped overnight by $50k-$100k quantum.

mantrix
22-05-11, 06:41
singapore hyperinflation? Now already quite bad, don't think will get worse already. Anyway i think the northern properties are priced quite correctly, not really undervalued. Cos the fact is they are quite far from town, that limits how high their prices can climb. And if you notice, the launches are all not very near MRT. The nearest one, estuary, is still quite a walk away too.. Wonder whether there are land that are beside mrt available for tender..

In singapore, how far can you be from town? Distance is not the only factor - Jurong has already passed 1k psf and it's not exactly near town. Proximity to MRT, again, while a factor, is not the sole deciding one.

One main reason for depressed prices in North is because while there have been improvements to amenities and infrastructure (KTP hosp, NSE in making, thomson line etc), there hasn't been enough to create a 'hub' - there are plans currently but wouln't be realised till 2-3 yrs later. But once that is done, you will see prices in north coming close, or even matching, that of the west, which experienced a similar situation several years back.

rattydrama
22-05-11, 09:13
The price will move but to be super safe, ie kisu n kisi, buy condo near mrt in the north n u will never go wrong. Unless it is something like golf course view then it's a different segment we are taking about which we can lure the city dwellers to buy. :spliff:

rattydrama
22-05-11, 09:18
In singapore, how far can you be from town? Distance is not the only factor - Jurong has already passed 1k psf and it's not exactly near town. Proximity to MRT, again, while a factor, is not the sole deciding one.

One main reason for depressed prices in North is because while there have been improvements to amenities and infrastructure (KTP hosp, NSE in making, thomson line etc), there hasn't been enough to create a 'hub' - there are plans currently but wouln't be realised till 2-3 yrs later. But once that is done, you will see prices in north coming close, or even matching, that of the west, which experienced a similar situation several years back.

Another key reason is because most buy for self stay in the past n not for investment so there is no run up price. But I'm not too sure in the future as the younger generation tends to be more speculative these days.

There is still room for improvement if there is no crash. Don't wait till all investors coming..... it will be too late. :scared-5:

devilplate
22-05-11, 09:24
Another key reason is because most buy for self stay in the past n not for investment so there is no run up price. But I'm not too sure in the future as the younger generation tends to be more speculative these days.

There is still room for improvement if there is no crash. Don't wait till all investors coming..... it will be too late. :scared-5:
Oredi too late. Get ready to repent:scared-5:

rattydrama
22-05-11, 09:28
Oredi too late. Get ready to repent:scared-5:

Yr $ yr choice. The son apologized why still nag at old man? Move on...

DC33_2008
22-05-11, 10:33
Really worried:confused:
Once yishun hub mature, the neighboring mrts next to it will have most of the condo up. If u are asking empty land, look at sembawang mrt for the next next northern phase. Of course that phase will be I think after NSE is completed.

I think Woodhaven already asking $900 -950psf, this will drive the earlier launches and resale prices up, which are creeping in progress already.

Cooling measure 5 will come perhaps if north breach 1000psf, i think most developers are trying to price just below that psycho level.

When KPE was completed and newspaper wrote about the new found accessibility 6mths later, sengkang houses jumped overnight by $50k-$100k quantum.

amk
22-05-11, 10:44
Once yishun hub mature, the neighboring mrts next to it will have most of the condo up.

What yishun hub ?

amk
22-05-11, 10:48
... whereas changi, tampines story already started in 2009 with Double Bay launch

DBR ! Are you the new Tanumy ? ;) :D

solsys
22-05-11, 11:17
DBR ! Are you the new Tanumy ? ;) :D

Who is taunmy?

Haha, can see many bearish people here.

There is a short term risk if US go under and Euro flip in the next few mths but I placing my bets long term and otherwise.

Good to have different opinions to spar.

devilplate
22-05-11, 11:22
Who is taunmy?

Haha, can see many bearish people here.

There is a short term risk if US go under and Euro flip in the next few mths but I placing my bets long term and otherwise.

Good to have different opinions to spar.
4yrs ssd doesnt make any sense at all....tats y bull turns bear...

Hdb flats only mop5yrs n they r subsidised....whereas condos so ex relatively n yet comes wif 4yrs mop

Hahaha:doh:

devilplate
22-05-11, 11:26
To tink abt it, hdb policy aso vy strange. With n without grant, both mop 5yrs...haha....

DC33_2008
22-05-11, 11:26
4yr SSD will not stop new sales. New project will usually take 3-4 years to TOP. People with kiasu mentally will lock-in first given so low interest rates. MBT's SSD policy failed. Mainly Units in resale market is affected.
4yrs ssd doesnt make any sense at all....tats y bull turns bear...

Hdb flats only mop5yrs n they r subsidised....whereas condos so ex relatively n yet comes wif 4yrs mop

Hahaha:doh:

mantrix
22-05-11, 11:38
4yr SSD will not stop new sales. New project will usually take 3-4 years to TOP. People with kiasu mentally will lock-in first given so low interest rates. MBT's SSD policy failed. Mainly Units in resale market is affected.

Yah 4yrs SSD is not the same as 4 yrs MOP - that's why all hoot new launches. They take 3 years to complete so your max risk = one year SSD or 4% nia - still can flip mah...

kingkong1984
22-05-11, 12:00
SSD helps developers lah. Their units no need SSD.

Special Support Directive.

kane
22-05-11, 13:25
Say CM5 involves starting SSD clock from date of TOP. all developers can balek kampong then.

kingkong1984
22-05-11, 13:38
That's why hooting commercial.

Yishun got one coming up, neat to ITE. No cooling measures there.

DC33_2008
22-05-11, 13:40
Heard Terrasse @ Hougang also doing well this weekend. Goodluck to KBW.

kingkong1984
22-05-11, 13:42
Heard Terrasse @ Hougang also doing well this weekend. Goodluck to KBW.
No train can stop the self stay folks lah.

Record GCB prices also, y no one makes noise?

The ones making the most are the hdb folks.

rattydrama
22-05-11, 15:21
Say CM5 involves starting SSD clock from date of TOP. all developers can balek kampong then.
You are right. tats why new projects still chiong. re-sale still lag behind

kingkong1984
23-05-11, 05:37
You are right. tats why new projects still chiong. re-sale still lag behind
Uneven playing ground for new and resale and subsale.

They will probably do so when the units are cleared. Developers unit lah.

But my bet is no since massive supply coming aboard. Take care of big developer and let sometime buyer face the problem themselves.

Buy new for choice units.

Buy resale for hidden choice units with a reasonable price tag.

I will be taking another break, posting less again. Not sure when I will come back again.
;)

p3nboy
27-05-11, 09:30
Anyone know the indicative price for this project?

devilplate
27-05-11, 09:49
looks like this one gona priced above 850psf liao....since the other sembawang plot breakeven ard 750-800psf

mantrix
27-05-11, 11:16
looks like this one gona priced above 850psf liao....since the other sembawang plot breakeven ard 750-800psf

how much was the other plot sold for?

devilplate
27-05-11, 11:22
how much was the other plot sold for?

Hao Yuan Investment has submitted the highest bid of S$191.8 million for a residential site along Sembawang Road and Jalan Sendudok.

The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) yesterday closed the tender for the 99-year leasehold 27,700 sq m site, after receiving six bids in total.

Mr Li Hiaw Ho, executive director at CBRE Research, said: "The top bid of S$191.8 million or S$460 psf plot ratio is somewhat higher than market expectations back in March."

Based on the bid, "a new project will break even at around $800 psf", he added. "The subject site seems fairly popular by the number and quantum of bids it has attracted."

devilplate
27-05-11, 11:30
add another 40psf equal to lakefront land bid px....lol

BUBBLE! haha

mantrix
27-05-11, 12:02
Breakeven at 800psf...then launch at 1K psf in order to make decent profit? OMG...

solsys
27-05-11, 14:24
Once all the reserve lands auctioned off then no more new land sales so by then prices will pause and subject to supply demand in existing market.

Assuming everyone bid higher for every new piece of land, then i guess it will keep going up until government calls it a day, i.e. when people say enough enough supply.

It won't stop until everyone say enough enough enough supply.

New launches' psf in North area still S$200-S$300psf lesser than Bishan area.

Still got room to move i guess.

p3nboy
27-05-11, 15:25

so how? should cheong or not?

DC33_2008
27-05-11, 16:35
It is getting more exciting now with all these GLS. Hot spots is all over Singapore.

linchong84
27-05-11, 16:53
Will we see the end of <1k psf new launch by the end of the year?

devilplate
27-05-11, 16:54
If 8xxpsf....cheong! Hehe

Terasse oredi 1k-1.1kpsf:doh:

linchong84
27-05-11, 16:58
If 8xxpsf....cheong! Hehe

Terasse oredi 1k-1.1kpsf:doh:

Alamak.. 2-3 ago, all the agents keep on say this to me, tell me anything below 1k psf just grab.. i was still laughing it off, telling them they are very humourous.. CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT THEY SAID IS COMING TRUE SO SOON!:scared-5:

hyenergix
27-05-11, 20:03
I'm not agent. But I tell you any FH/999 below $1.2k psf around JLD just grab, and any 99LH below $1k psf there just grab too. Pls let me know whether I'm right end of next year :p

Komo
28-05-11, 11:58
Any news about launching date?

Xan
28-05-11, 23:25
Any news about launching date?

Not yet, i drive in and out of my house everyday. Only see agent banners

richardsng_era
30-05-11, 23:52
Now you see the golf course. Now you see the reservoir. Totally unblocked with pure serenity.

VVIP Preview Registration starts now.

THE MILTONIA RESIDENCES FLOOR PLANS AVAILABLE
THE MILTONIA RESIDENCES SITE PLAN AVAILABLE

For more information about THE MILTONIA RESIDENCES, feel free to visit http://forsalebydevelopers.weebly.com/d27-the-miltonia-residences.html

For developer's pricing, floor plans & launch details, feel free to send us your requirements via our Contact Form or call us.

THE MILTONIA RESIDENCES VVIP Preview Hotline: +65-92993342

http://forsalebydevelopers.weebly.com/uploads/5/2/9/9/5299959/2647653_orig.jpg

devilplate
30-05-11, 23:57
The siteplan really looks interesting.....quite clever

Chonngpang
31-05-11, 00:09
Now you see the golf course. Now you see the reservoir. Totally unblocked with pure serenity.

VVIP Preview Registration starts now.

THE MILTONIA RESIDENCES FLOOR PLANS AVAILABLE
THE MILTONIA RESIDENCES SITE PLAN AVAILABLE

For more information about THE MILTONIA RESIDENCES, feel free to visit http://forsalebydevelopers.weebly.com/d27-the-miltonia-residences.html

For developer's pricing, floor plans & launch details, feel free to send us your requirements via our Contact Form or call us.

THE MILTONIA RESIDENCES VVIP Preview Hotline: +65-92993342

http://forsalebydevelopers.weebly.com/uploads/5/2/9/9/5299959/2647653_orig.jpg

Any indicative price range for 3 bed compact?

richardsng_era
31-05-11, 00:17
Any indicative price range for 3 bed compact?

Hi Chonngpang, prices are not confirmed yet. I suggest that you register for the preview. If the price not suitable for you, you are free to withdraw.

Chonngpang
31-05-11, 00:57
Hi Chonngpang, prices are not confirmed yet. I suggest that you register for the preview. If the price not suitable for you, you are free to withdraw.
May I know watt is the date of preview? Thks

31-05-11, 08:57
Site plan looks like school children lining up in 2 straight rows for assembly:)
but looks like most would get some sort of view of reservoir / golf course.

The siteplan really looks interesting.....quite clever

p3nboy
31-05-11, 09:34
Launching end of June, hear say 8xxsqft unit selling $9xxpsf. After hearing it, I cheong straight home.....

devilplate
31-05-11, 09:41
Launching end of June, hear say 8xxsqft unit selling $9xxpsf. After hearing it, I cheong straight home.....

haha...sian liao

but penthse still got chance 850psf

solsys
31-05-11, 10:57

After or before discount?

rattydrama
31-05-11, 20:16
haha...sian liao

but penthse still got chance 850psf

for investment or own stay? :o din know u also keen in North ppty. :D need to repent or not?

omega
31-05-11, 22:30
Impressions look good! :cheers6:

kingkong1984
02-06-11, 00:55
The much awaited floor plans.

http://www.sghomepreview.com/pdf/the-miltonia-residences-ebrochure.pdf

richardsng_era
02-06-11, 02:46
Show Gallery is available for viewing by appointment. Call or SMS +65-90939848 for registration.

Appreciate the actual view before preview on 26 June 2011

Chonngpang
02-06-11, 09:32
The much awaited floor plans.

http://www.sghomepreview.com/pdf/the-miltonia-residences-ebrochure.pdf

Not exactly impressed ..especially the 2 bed with the big A/C ledge in front of the masterbed room...puzzled

azeoprop
02-06-11, 10:10
Not bad layout, thankfully no more 7xxsqft MM 2 bedders. :) Stack 21 2 bedder will be nice, pool and countryclub view. :D

devilplate
02-06-11, 10:27
Not bad layout, thankfully no more 7xxsqft MM 2 bedders. :) Stack 21 2 bedder will be nice, pool and countryclub view. :D

same.... was eyeing stack 21 2bedder....4th flr will be great....(anything within 850psf...just grab)

or chiong for 4 br Penthse wif perfect view....stack 18 will be perfect:D (got chance 700-750psf):rolleyes:

azeoprop
02-06-11, 14:41
Not exactly impressed ..especially the 2 bed with the big A/C ledge in front of the masterbed room...puzzled

I think it was labelled wrongly. Most probably it is a balcony. There is already an ac ledge beside the kitchen.
:beats-me-man:

nav14
02-06-11, 16:25
I was told that there are long term plans to have a LRT line running from Khatib MRT, passing by Miltonia (station there), Lilydale, through the new Simpang new town and ending at Sembawang MRT. May take 10-15 yrs though.

Chonngpang
02-06-11, 16:43
I think it was labelled wrongly. Most probably it is a balcony. There is already an ac ledge beside the kitchen.

Probably make sense....i heard it is in the mid 700K for a 2 bedder ...

devilplate
02-06-11, 17:02
Probably make sense....i heard it is in the mid 700K for a 2 bedder ...
No view ones 850psf...those wif view wil b 900-950psf.....sian liao

Heard from agt tat many submitted chq for the 4bedder penthse....i tink stack 38 is the best and not 18 bcoz of the ugly red iron tower....duno wats tat thingy for actually.....

richardsng_era
02-06-11, 18:02
Show Gallery is available for viewing by appointment. Call or SMS +65-90939848 for registration.

Appreciate the actual view before preview on 26 June 2011

casperwestie
02-06-11, 19:02
I find the floor lay out not imppressive esp the 3 bedrooms. For practical reasons, the bedroom no.3 will likely share bathroom with the master-bath due to distance from bath2...wonder why it's so far accross the living hall. Bath2 also faces dining and living hall.

devilplate
02-06-11, 19:14
I find the floor lay out not imppressive esp the 3 bedrooms. For practical reasons, the bedroom no.3 will likely share bathroom with the master-bath due to distance from bath2...wonder why it's so far accross the living hall. Bath2 also faces dining and living hall.
Get 4br penthse....the layout is goodie....2bedrooms on top:D

I m vy tempted....shd i submit chq too? Haha

azeoprop
02-06-11, 19:44
Just wondering which part of the golf course is the project facing? Got ugly net covering the entire view one or not?

azeoprop
02-06-11, 19:50
Get 4br penthse....the layout is goodie....2bedrooms on top:D

I m vy tempted....shd i submit chq too? Haha

I want but no money....60% loan only. :(

devilplate
02-06-11, 20:18
Just wondering which part of the golf course is the project facing? Got ugly net covering the entire view one or not?

No neting but got one ugly looking red white metal thingy pole

kingkong1984
03-06-11, 21:18
That is for signal. Maybe got radiation fears?

Seriously, the layouts could be better.

What is that silly h shaped thing for the ground floors? For dogs?

rattydrama
03-06-11, 22:32
No view ones 850psf...those wif view wil b 900-950psf.....sian liao

Heard from agt tat many submitted chq for the 4bedder penthse....i tink stack 38 is the best and not 18 bcoz of the ugly red iron tower....duno wats tat thingy for actually.....

that red thingy is actually an alarm when it rains. (golfer got to stop) :p

devilplate
03-06-11, 22:35
that red thingy is actually an alarm when it rains. (golfer got to stop) :p
Serious? Isit gona b vy loud?:scared-3:

rattydrama
03-06-11, 22:36

went to view the site. Looks like the golf ball might hit into any of the room (masterroom) by accident :p unless a net is installed. wondering now it will be done...

devilplate
03-06-11, 22:37
went to view the site. Looks like the golf ball might hit into any of the room (masterroom) by accident :p unless a net is installed. wondering now it will be done...
If there is netting, the psf can drop 200psf...hahahaha