PDA

View Full Version : New EC site opposite 8 Courtyards

yyly1327
09-06-11, 20:27
Govt has just launched an EC site opposite 8Courtyards, any impact on all the condos nearby?

linchong84
09-06-11, 20:37
Govt has just launched an EC site opposite 8Courtyards, any impact on all the condos nearby?

I think that site is better than 8C because:
(1) unlike 8C, it's not at the corner of 2 main roads
(2) Not beside MRT track, so no noise

Anyway, 8C's price is already quite low.. So, for that EC to cause negative impact to 8C, it must price at around 650psf..

The impact of ECs on private condos is that after their 5 year MOP ends, owners might sell it cheap cheap due to its initial cheap price. For eg, if it is really priced at 650psf, if you include the govt grant, it will become 620psf.. Lets say the owner is interested to make 100psf profit, maybe he will sell at 720-750psf, which is still less than 8C's launch price.. That's the problem when a pte condo is situated next to an EC.

The ECs launched long long ago do not pose similar threats because their facilities or finishing lousier. But now all the mass market pte condos and ECs' qualities are exactly the same. In fact some EC's finishing are even better, eg Austville has compressed marble living room. So, after their 5 year MOP ends, they will definitely prove to be a tough price competitor..

devilplate
09-06-11, 20:52
Expect more sharkfin n frosties haha

azeoprop
09-06-11, 20:52
More translucent windows with fins and limited opening?

yjcai
09-06-11, 21:06
But the EC won't launch so soon.

So if record transaction 2013-2014 for 8hellyards, the EC owners will make them jump?

Just like 670 avg psf belysa and 926 psf avg livia recent buyers.

yjcai
09-06-11, 21:11
The other one will be 879 avg psf waterview and 720 avg psf hoi hup. Not a good deal though

kingkong1984
09-06-11, 21:21
Won't jump now lah, only when launched....

Wahahahaha rotten eggs truely.

kingkong1984
09-06-11, 21:50
More translucent windows with fins and limited opening?

There's chance for the fins to go when the EC blocks it's view. Can swim without fins already but the mask must remain. Take a bet and go gamble, buy cheap and strike it rich when right.;)

linchong84
09-06-11, 22:11
There's chance for the fins to go when the EC blocks it's view. Can swim without fins already but the mask must remain. Take a bet and go gamble, buy cheap and strike it rich when right.;)

Haha don't sabo people lah.. Know got mine still go step for what..

rattydrama
09-06-11, 22:15
Expect more sharkfin n frosties haha
If the land cost of this EC is just 200psf, no more sharkfins liao. location ~ location~ location ~ over supply ~ over supply ~ over supply?

kingkong1984
09-06-11, 22:16
Haha don't sabo people lah.. Know got mine still go step for what..
Ok, lucky u remind me. I better run

kingkong1984
09-06-11, 22:25
If the land cost of this EC is just 200psf, no more sharkfins liao. location ~ location~ location ~ over supply ~ over supply ~ over supply?
It's timing timing timing.

Plus luck luck luck

rattydrama
09-06-11, 22:28
It's timing timing timing.

Plus luck luck luck

i suspect the timing to buy this may not be right... not sure luck play a part... I think guts more like it.

so its timing timing timing & guts guts guts.

kingkong1984
09-06-11, 22:31
Hero die first.

Gut is stupid when u r fooled.

solsys
09-06-11, 22:40
You guys so bearish. Hehe. I like the fact that it is EC, much better than having a private condo site. Cannot compare and compete directly with 8 courtyards. In fact, looking at eight courtyards success, by next year when this EC site launches, gap in prices might be close in to what eight courtyards is calling now.

linchong84
09-06-11, 23:22
You guys so bearish. Hehe. I like the fact that it is EC, much better than having a private condo site. Cannot compare and compete directly with 8 courtyards. In fact, looking at eight courtyards success, by next year when this EC site launches, gap in prices might be close in to what eight courtyards is calling now.

You sala liao.. If it is pte plot then got chances of it launching at higher prices which can pull 8C up.. But EC will definitely launch lower one ma.. For an yishun not near MRT EC to launch at 8xxpsf, i think very hard (not impossible).. Don't forget there is income ceiling, if they launch so high, people no money to buy.. Canopy launches at around 6xx also..

Anyway we are not comparing PC and EC at their launch time because one is stuck with 4 year SSD while one is stuck 8 years (3 year build, 5 year MOP).. So PC still has more flexibility before the EC's MOP ends.. The comparison will start when the EC's MOP finishes because by then, they are as good as twins.. It is this fear that might limit 8C's upward potential as buyers might be worried.. But there will still be some who go in blindly, eg one new livia buyer who bought >1k psf.. haha.. He bought it happily, seller sold it even happier..

kingkong1984
09-06-11, 23:26
Good point. EC is expected cooling.:2cents:

solsys
09-06-11, 23:32
Yishun is beginning it's journey to be a hub and NSE is on it's way. Let's wait and see. I believe there will be re-rating in time to come.

solsys
09-06-11, 23:41
My reasoning very simple, do you think this new EC site psf will be cheaper or more expensive than Canopy?

rattydrama
09-06-11, 23:53
My reasoning very simple, do you think this new EC site psf will be cheaper or more expensive than Canopy?
my guess is canopy should be cheaper but maybe not much dif. btw, just received sms this afternoon, 8cy having free dinner from 630 to 830 tomorrow.

linchong84
10-06-11, 00:06

I know what you mean.. Generally, land sales psf always increases right? My 2 points also very simple:

(1) Canopy launches at 650psf but till now havent sell finish right? I suspect it is due to income ceiling problem, many >10k income cannot buy. But after 5 year MOP is over, people of any income are free to buy and they are not tied to any new MOP. And since canopy 650psf cant sell finish, then any developers who are going to bid for this new EC would not dare to bid too high cos they know 650psf sale price also cant find enough buyers..

(2) KBW's blog post has attracted vast publicity.. I was in my mother in law's house just now when news@ 10pm was broadcasted.. They reported on his blog post and say KBW is warning people against buying properties due to oversupply.. National TV leh.. Maybe people will start to be hum liao.. Developer might also hum because they know buyers are now scared of going in.. So will developer still bid high high for an yishun not near mrt EC?

Anyway, there's still a saving grace.. If KBW increases EC's income ceiling to 12k, developers will bid higher! Launch price will definitely be higher than Canopy!

solsys
10-06-11, 00:16
Canopy sales is going quite well. You should read up other forum that focuses on HDB and EC.

linchong84
10-06-11, 00:27
Canopy sales is going quite well. You should read up other forum that focuses on HDB and EC.

What's your definition of well? To me, i define it as something like esparina, within 2 months chiong to 80-90%..

When was canopy launched? last year oct or nov right? Now 7-8 months later sales is around 70-75% right? A bit slow isn't it?

Disclaimer, my figures here are ahga ahga.. if wrong don't sue me haha..

devilplate
10-06-11, 00:43
Wat toking u?

I meant fins n frosted windows la:doh:

solsys
10-06-11, 01:27
What's your definition of well? To me, i define it as something like esparina, within 2 months chiong to 80-90%..

When was canopy launched? last year oct or nov right? Now 7-8 months later sales is around 70-75% right? A bit slow isn't it?

Disclaimer, my figures here are ahga ahga.. if wrong don't sue me haha..

Another forum posted Canopy 84% sold on 30th May 2011. Not fair to compare near MRT EC site, Esparina with a not near MRT EC site, Canopy.

Everyone knows that units fly off the shelves if site is near MRT.

Reason why I compare Canopy and the new EC site near eight courtyards is because they are both EC and not so near MRT. Why the new EC site will fare better because eight courtyards did well and because thus new site is much better than Canopy, in terms of amenties and accessibility. Therefore it deserves higher price tag versus Canopy.

If you think the difference in psf will be small, I guess that is relative but I believe will hit just below or above 700psf for new EC site launch in 2012.

Yishun is deprived of condos, be it EC or PC and many people don't realize it.

Eight Courtyards rotten eggs? Maybe not with the help of this new EC site, which can yield 700+ units and that means low maintenance fees too....:rolleyes:

kingkong1984
10-06-11, 03:36
Too many users, never mind what I say, i could be wrong.

The market prices will determine if it is rotten or golden. Wahahah.

If EC income ceiling is raised, developer could sell bigger units at higher quantum. Not necessary higher psf.

When income ceiling is raised, more can buy.

I think or hope that they come up with something better. If EC not fully sold to first and second timers within 6 months or a year... No income ceiling to be applied but with the same MOP applied. Canopy in resale market will be the best in the market if there are no better condos in Yishun launched.

My guess, another Condo plot or two in next year land sale. Good luck.

mantrix
10-06-11, 07:47
What's the going price of seletaris now? It's almost next to this EC plot. It will be a good indication. This EC may not be near MRT but will be affected by NSE, and not forgetting Seletaris is too (albeit much worse - 15m away from expressway nia)

If Seletaris selling 600+psf for FH, then this EC can eat shit liao

yyly1327
10-06-11, 08:32
Any chance of the new NS 12 station to open in near term or the Thomson line coming near to this area. No new developments in Yishun for the past 10 years until Estuary was launched. Now, with thousands of new BTOs and Condos start sprouting in Yishun, does anyone has any info on the redevelopment of Yishun town?:D

solsys
10-06-11, 08:34
:mad:
What's the going price of seletaris now? It's almost next to this EC plot. It will be a good indication. This EC may not be near MRT but will be affected by NSE, and not forgetting Seletaris is too (albeit much worse - 15m away from expressway nia)

If Seletaris selling 600+psf for FH, then this EC can eat shit liao

Seletaris going at 6xxpsf to 720psf. The new EC site not really super near to NSE. There is some buffer with sungei simpang. Having said that, it will be interesting to see how the site plan will be like since the plot is not squarish. and what kind of units developer will put in, e.g. All 3 bedders like belysa or different.

Anyway, we will know in Aug 2011 on bid price. Hmmm, Canberra drive will be busy during peak hours with cars going in and out of the 4 condo plots.

kingkong1984
10-06-11, 08:39
:mad:

Seletaris going at 6xxpsf to 720psf. The new EC site not really super near to NSE. There is some buffer with sungei simpang. Having said that, it will be interesting to see how the site plan will be like since the plot is not squarish. and what kind of units developer will put in, e.g. All 3 bedders like belysa or different.

Anyway, we will know in Aug 2011 on bid price. Hmmm, Canberra drive will be busy during peak hours with cars going in and out of the 4 condo plots.

EC will be compact 3 bedders and above if similar to Belysa.

This is not the end, beware the land sales in first quarter 2012.

mantrix
10-06-11, 08:51
My guess is that the bids will be subdued, if any at all. At least Canopy can boast of being quiet and beside amenities (coffeeshops, supermart)

This one has roads surrounding it, got shark fins' view and not a stroll to anything decent. My suspicion maybe 600psf max (given that Seletaris asking 600-700psf and FH)

Let's see :)

Komo
10-06-11, 08:57
Canopy better location. This site cannot be priced higher unless branded furnishing. :D

linchong84
10-06-11, 09:01
Wat toking u?

I meant fins n frosted windows la:doh:

Haha I think ratty never visit 8C showroom, dunno got fins facing air base..when I showed my disgust to the agent, she told me still can peek through hahaha.. But she never told me got frosted leh.. Otherwise if I complain, she might tell me like that got privacy..

linchong84
10-06-11, 09:16
Canopy better location. This site cannot be priced higher unless branded furnishing. :D

Don't agree canopy has better location.. Both are not near mrt.. But this new one has better potential cos there might be an mrt station there dunno when.. And canopy is flanked by low price lilydale to negate its price growth.. But this new one has 8C to help up it..

solsys
10-06-11, 10:21
If you guys drive near canopy lilydale, there are some workers' quarters in the vicinity. Containers and containers of workers' quarters. Just travel along Yishun Ave 6 towards Seletar Camp and you will see them. Could be temporary.

If we look at condo buildup in Yishun Ave 7 and Canberra area...... there should be some plans in future to serve the growing community there, i.e. MRT, mall, interchange, etc... but i guess that will be 2020 onwards.

Sapphire = 380 units
Emerald = 436 units
Eight Courtyards = 656 units
New EC Site = 700+ units
Seletaris = 328
Sensoria = 73
Canberra Residences = 320
New Site next to CR and SSC = ?? 300 units?

Total = approx 3200 -3300 units
Total condo residents = 3300 x 3.5 = approx 11,500, not including the landed population.

I think we will need more than a SSC to serve the condo residents, thus more potential for this area.

rattydrama
10-06-11, 12:24
Haha I think ratty never visit 8C showroom, dunno got fins facing air base..when I showed my disgust to the agent, she told me still can peek through hahaha.. But she never told me got frosted leh.. Otherwise if I complain, she might tell me like that got privacy..

he said sharkfins mah and at one time praised 8CY. I visited but nvr pay attention to the air base thingy.....shall check it out.

rattydrama
10-06-11, 12:27

MRT station pending to open. The potential here is better than canopy. This plot is blocked by 3 condos and yet quite near to MRT.

Gambass Ave junction sure will be very busy next time.

devilplate
10-06-11, 13:03
he said sharkfins mah and at one time praised 8CY. I visited but nvr pay attention to the air base thingy.....shall check it out.
Praised?

750psf ok entry price....reasonable psf....but not 850psf now.....

Every location has a px tag......

mantrix
10-06-11, 14:22
MRT station pending to open. The potential here is better than canopy. This plot is blocked by 3 condos and yet quite near to MRT.

Gambass Ave junction sure will be very busy next time.

i dun think MRT will open until after 2020...

linchong84
10-06-11, 16:50
If you guys drive near canopy lilydale, there are some workers' quarters in the vicinity. Containers and containers of workers' quarters. Just travel along Yishun Ave 6 towards Seletar Camp and you will see them. Could be temporary.

If we look at condo buildup in Yishun Ave 7 and Canberra area...... there should be some plans in future to serve the growing community there, i.e. MRT, mall, interchange, etc... but i guess that will be 2020 onwards.

Sapphire = 380 units
Emerald = 436 units
New EC Site = 700+ units
Seletaris = 328
Sensoria = 73

Total condo residents = 3300 x 3.5 = approx 11,500, not including the landed population.

I think we will need more than a SSC to serve the condo residents, thus more potential for this area.

Govt seldom plan amenities for exisiting condo developments.. Usually it is the other way round.. For eg, they will build mrt station, shopping mall at a certain location.. Then, they will tender out the land so that developers bid high for it and govt got the big bucks from land sales..

But once the condo developments are all up, no money to collect liao, govt will go to other plots of land to build interesting things to increase the value of the lands there to earn money from land sales..

Komo
10-06-11, 19:19
Sure have mrt/LRT. Need to encourage people not to drive. Maybe LRT integrated with new shoppin centre. But not so soon. Meantime enjoy the serene surrounding if still have.

rattydrama
10-06-11, 20:47
Praised?

750psf ok entry price....reasonable psf....but not 850psf now.....

Every location has a px tag......

Reasonable because it's cheapest?

rattydrama
10-06-11, 20:51
This is good efforts made. I am just thinking woodlands is big but only have causeway point.

Here we have SSC, sun plaza n north point.

Sapphire = 380 units
Emerald = 436 units
New EC Site = 700+ units
Seletaris = 328
Sensoria = 73

solsys
11-06-11, 00:53
Govt seldom plan amenities for exisiting condo developments.. Usually it is the other way round.. For eg, they will build mrt station, shopping mall at a certain location.. Then, they will tender out the land so that developers bid high for it and govt got the big bucks from land sales..

But once the condo developments are all up, no money to collect liao, govt will go to other plots of land to build interesting things to increase the value of the lands there to earn money from land sales..

You might want to take a look at the master plan, there are still empty residential plots around the possible mrt location. Plus there is this piece of commercial land not developed yet.

Komo
11-06-11, 08:38
Their strategy now shifting to maximizing commercial or mix development land price as well. Need catchment in order to sell high. Should have something interesting coming up :D

kingkong1984
11-06-11, 09:27
Shops along the old Yishun Bus Interchange mostly closed. Something amiss?

rattydrama
11-06-11, 11:42
Shops along the old Yishun Bus Interchange mostly closed. Something amiss?

heard there is redevelopment taking place.

kingkong1984
11-06-11, 11:51
heard there is redevelopment taking place.

sooner than expected.

Maybe demolish first..

Land tender should be out if they want to speed things up. Maybe it is intentionally delayed?

The new Yishun integrated bus interchange in the making liao. and Hint hint... should be after the miltonia land bid is over.

I non guru guess.

solsys
11-06-11, 22:16
Sooner than expected? The plan was out to revamp Yishun into a hub couple of mths ago.

Not early at all, it's all in the plan for those who follow the news.

kingkong1984
11-06-11, 22:44
Sooner than expected? The plan was out to revamp Yishun into a hub couple of mths ago.

Not early at all, it's all in the plan for those who follow the news.
Close before formal announcement of closure.

Already closed, y no formal announcement that it is already closed. Have a more complex mind will ya?

rattydrama
11-06-11, 22:54
Close before formal announcement of closure.

Already closed, y no formal announcement that it is already closed. Have a more complex mind will ya?

ya I did not read from any papers, more from my sis who is staying around Yishun. Master plan stated commercial cum residential & transport facilities.

ysyap
11-06-11, 23:00
Yishun and her counterparts up north all the way through Sembawang and Woodlands have great potential for major revamp. Govt pumping big money to ensure vibrant neighbourhood to upkeep Singapore's good image! :o Prices in Jurong already climbing and only the north is still behind... now it seems the north prices will climb upwards in no time also! Where else can we go to for cheap housing? :spliff:

kingkong1984
11-06-11, 23:03
Yishun and her counterparts up north all the way through Sembawang and Woodlands have great potential for major revamp. Govt pumping big money to ensure vibrant neighbourhood to upkeep Singapore's good image! :o Prices in Jurong already climbing and only the north is still behind... now it seems the north prices will climb upwards in no time also! Where else can we go to for cheap housing? :spliff:
Tuas.....

Golf course n reservoir view very much welcome.

mantrix
11-06-11, 23:05
Any guesses for name of this EC?

8 maidens for the 8 courtyards?

Or Shark Fins and Frosties Residences?

Scully they one up over 8CY by calling themselves 9 Courtyards - one more courtyard yet 20% cheaper lol

ysyap
11-06-11, 23:09
Tuas.....

Golf course n reservoir view very much welcome.Consider Pulau Ubin... Like the next Sentosa??? :scared-4:

kingkong1984
11-06-11, 23:11
Any guesses for name of this EC?

8 maidens for the 8 courtyards?

Or Shark Fins and Frosties Residences?

Scully they one up over 8CY by calling themselves 9 Courtyards - one more courtyard yet 20% cheaper lol

Duno leh, anything goes...

Crazy names may be

Coutyardtaris

8soria

North star

Yishun diamond

Helios since got helicopters around.

Tridale

Canonia

D berries

Duke,s residences, affiliate to duke medical school.

So many wild ideas, it better be good.

solsys
11-06-11, 23:35
Speculating on name of the new EC is infinite or endless. Have a more complex mind will ya.

Anyway, I'm confident this EC take up rate will be good.

kingkong1984
12-06-11, 06:58
Agree with u but just having some fun poking there. U have no sense of humor?

Already said anything goes.

Make sure it's not some eggtartcue

linchong84
12-06-11, 09:33
Speculating on name of the new EC is infinite or endless. Have a more complex mind will ya.

Anyway, I'm confident this EC take up rate will be good.

If income ceiling raised, takeup rate will be good.. If not, might be same response as canopy.. somemore next year's sentiments might not be good, so people might choose to wait..

kingkong1984
14-06-11, 03:17
The worst has to come first before buying.

Sdk65h
08-04-12, 17:39
Big changes coming to the north

New EC n MASTERPLAN

Check out www.tenlaunches.com

solsys
08-04-12, 21:06
Big changes coming to the north

New EC n MASTERPLAN

Check out www.tenlaunches.com

Will be good if u can tell us something we don't know.

solsys
23-04-12, 00:43
Just saw the full page advertisement yesterday for 'One Canberra'.

p3nboy
24-04-12, 12:54
can kayak in longkang very soon......:D

rymccondo77
24-04-12, 13:09

You can read a review (just posted) of this EC at www.h88.com.sg.

And you can see a photo of the longkang at that website.

Must say the artist(s) behind the artist impression of the EC (showing people kayaking in the longkang) is very imaginative and very inaccurate (unless the place is really spruced up)!

p3nboy
24-04-12, 16:16
the penthouse unit should have an option to convert balcony into a helipad.....:D

Naruto
28-04-12, 19:34
Went to view the new EC today.. Showflat with 3 bedder and
4 bedder dual key. Space and layout are overall ok.
BUT regardless small or big units, Kitchen with no
windows or whatsoever opening!! Really dont know
what the designer(s) are thinking..

Pikachu1245
24-08-12, 23:53

Believe the 'longkang' will improve with the 'ABC' project from PUB though don't know when.

Pikachu1245
30-08-12, 14:57
Wondering anyone know whether will Yishun Ave 7 be lineked to upcoming NSE? Good for eight courtyard , 1 Canberra, YishunSsapphire & Yishun Emerald if it does as it will provide driver with fast access by means of expressway to city area.