PDA

View Full Version : hot weather (apartment)

marktkt22
12-07-11, 13:29
Juz curious, and to gather some info,for low rise development in d15,
Is it warmer at ground level and more cooling as we go higher to 4th level, ph etc.
Assuming it the same devt, same orientation,
Thx in advance

devilplate
12-07-11, 13:35
Is it warmer at ground level and more cooling as we go higher to 4th level, ph etc.
Thx in advance
Ok for 2storey landed, i heard ppl saying ground flr is cooler den upstairs during the day

Regardless hi or low rise, i tink Upp level of the penthse hottest.....the flr below ph is coolest ....

marktkt22
12-07-11, 13:41
Or maybe, there r too many glass window, full height

Wild Falcon
12-07-11, 15:30
The top level is the hottest.

Thx in advance

clemdale
12-07-11, 16:13
Yes I've lived in a 2 storey landed previously. The 2nd floor is way hotter than the ground floor, especially in the afternoons but also at night. Walking up the stairs there is a considerable change in temperature. We installed an aircon on the ground floor and since hot air rises and cool air sinks, there was no need for any partition/doors btw the ground and 2nd floor.

Not sure about condos. I've never lived in a penthouse. But it would make sense that the penthouse is the hottest. There is direct sunlight onto the roof which will radiate through into the house.

Ok for 2storey landed, i heard ppl saying ground flr is cooler den upstairs during the day

Regardless hi or low rise, i tink Upp level of the penthse hottest.....the flr below ph is coolest ....

iwantgizmos
12-07-11, 18:58
Or maybe, there r too many glass window, full height
a solar film can be laminated to the glass...
it keeps the sun/heat out but still maintains the transparency...

xebay11
12-07-11, 23:22
My second floor unit at the Medley in Lor G is super breezy, books will fly ard and the hotter the day the more breezy.

marktkt22
12-07-11, 23:37
So lower floor breezy, higher floor hot due to sun,hot air etc.:beats-me-man: