PDA

View Full Version : Guillemard Edge, Lor 30 Geylang, 275 units

Pages : [1] 2

mcmlxxvi
13-01-12, 16:33
New Launch Guillemard Edge at District 14 Freehold Development From $4xxk Only Call xxxxxxxx to Register For VIP Preview Now.

Guillemard Edge modern contemporary façade is distinctively unique, distinguishing itself from others. Making it an exclusively one-of-its-kind development to call your own. Be dazzled by the magnificent skyline amidst the backdrop of the spectacular city lights at Guillemard Edge Whilst soaked in the surroundings of delectable local cuisine and a ten minutes drive to the city, you’ll enjoy being quietly tucked away in the exclusivity and privacy of your lush dwellings.

Project Details :

Project Name : Guillemard Edge

Description : Propose Erection of 8 Storey Residential Flat With Roof Terrace ( Total 275 units )

District : 14

Site Area : 49,028 Sqft

Tenure : Freehold

T O P : 2017

Recreational Facilities : Swimming Pool , Common Jacuzzi , Gymnasium , BBQ Area , Massage Corner , Outdoor Dinning and Pool Deck / Terrace

Unit Mix :

1 + Home Office – 409 Sqft - 517 sqft = 157 units

2 + Home Office – 549 – 560 sqft = 40 units

2 Bedroom – 474 - 721 sqft = 35 units

Penthouses :
1 + Home Office Penthouse - 775 – 1001 sqft = 29 units

2 + Home Office Penthouse – 1033 – 1550 sqft = 7 units

2 Bedroom Penthouse – 1087 sqft = 7 units

Total Units : 275 units

Call Guillemard Edge Sales Booking Hotline xxxxxxxx to Register For VIP Preview Now

espeyap
15-02-12, 15:12
Anyone have any comment about this Project? Understand, more than 50% sold during the VVIP.

mcmlxxvi
15-02-12, 15:24
Two words. So craMMed.

DC33_2008
15-02-12, 16:05
Lorong 30 is not too far from Lorong 20. Someone got slashed on the head at Lorong 20 last week and died. A bit worried that they may mistakenly killed someone. Not safe to stay here.

espeyap
15-02-12, 16:25
Any idea what type of customer are the developer target at?

For Investment -Rental????
For Own Stay -

Local -
Foreigner -

Any potential in Rental market @ this area? I mean in 2015 when so many of these similar projects completed.

price
15-02-12, 17:10
The entire Geylang is filled up with these kinda projects. Though this particular one is the biggest and has the most facilities. I feel the odd numbered lorongs nearer to Paya lebar has better potential. e.g. Dweave on 39 etc.

ZeeWee
16-02-12, 08:39
Hi,

I have been reading in this forum recently and so far have yet to see very positive comments regarding anything.

Like to ask, what is everyone ideal development, pricing and layout? What is a fair price you consider to buy a property at certain location? Because I traced as far back as 2009 and everyone still commenting prices are high and units are small

Does the vast majority here invest in property? If yes, which is the most acceptable development or project one has seen with decent price?

Sorry for this post but just curious as Im a newb just starting looking in property market

Thanks

price
16-02-12, 09:40
Hi,

I have been reading in this forum recently and so far have yet to see very positive comments regarding anything.

Like to ask, what is everyone ideal development, pricing and layout? What is a fair price you consider to buy a property at certain location? Because I traced as far back as 2009 and everyone still commenting prices are high and units are small

Does the vast majority here invest in property? If yes, which is the most acceptable development or project one has seen with decent price?

Sorry for this post but just curious as Im a newb just starting looking in property market

Thanks

Everyone with different profiles, background, financial ability will suit different developments. There's no 1 development that suits everyone. Even for the best ideal project, there will be people who thinks differently.

A few usual questions to ask yourself is:

What is your purpose? this determine the size, TOP date etc. i.e. if u need to settle down ASAP you can't afford to buy a newly launch large scale project.

Then comes, budget (financial background), personal preference on location etc. etc. Again, it differs if your purpose was to invest vs own stay.

Every "want" will be offset by certain cons. e.g. if you want the best deal, Freehold, near MRT, Huge size, many amenities, good proximity to town. How can it come cheap?

mcmlxxvi
16-02-12, 11:26
Dear n00b Zee, you should consider yourself lucky to find this forum where people say it as it is without sugar coating comments. That way you get the real deal of facts and what people actually think with their head and feel in their hearts and not with their asses. :) for me, despite my nick i will bash certain MM projects which are crap afterall and comment well on some good, deserving condo projects. But everyone has their thinking and some has hidden agenda so always take with packet of salt.

land118
16-02-12, 13:18
not a fan of project in the area, but the name of the project is nice but misleading, more like Geylang Edge. Good job by developer to mask it with Guillemard Edge and classy pictures on http://www.the-guillemard-edge.com/index.html

mcmlxxvi
16-02-12, 14:13
not a fan of project in the area, but the name of the project is nice but misleading, more like Geylang Edge. Good job by developer to mask it with Guillemard Edge and classy pictures on http://www.the-guillemard-edge.com/index.html
Lets see if the project turns out as nice as it is made out to be. The birds eye view of rooftop of this project probably full of laundry and bedding being sunned rather than nice outdoor dining and lounging furniture and cushions and plants...

espeyap
16-02-12, 16:48
Compare between Watertown and Guillemard Edge, which one is worth investment?

Any advise ???? If my budget of investment is around 650k.

price
16-02-12, 16:53

I Doubt u can afford anything from watertown now. Suites are all sold out!

Since its for investment, how long is ur investment horizon

Arcachon
16-02-12, 17:09
Hi,

Thanks

Try to pronounced the condo name you intend to buy to TAXI driver and if the Taxi driver don't understand or you can't pronounced it better look for the next condo.

I got hard time teaching my wife how to pronounced Terrasse although she have been staying in France since march 2007.

mcmlxxvi
16-02-12, 20:41
Try to pronounced the condo name you intend to buy to TAXI driver and if the Taxi driver don't understand or you can't pronounced it better look for the next condo.

I got hard time teaching my wife how to pronounced Terrasse although she have been staying in France since march 2007.
Is it not ter-ah-say? Like terrazzo tiles

espeyap
18-02-12, 09:00
Today newspaper adverstise about the Guillemard Edge, officially launch and already sold 160 units during the VVIP. They did quite qell ya.....

Seems like the demand is very strong and CM impact is noticeable at all.....

irisng
18-02-12, 13:10
Today newspaper adverstise about the Guillemard Edge, officially launch and already sold 160 units during the VVIP. They did quite qell ya.....

Seems like the demand is very strong and CM impact is noticeable at all.....

How much is psf?

espeyap
18-02-12, 20:59
How much is psf?

Not sure. Should be around 1,100 psf to 1,300 psf

Rosy
19-02-12, 16:54
Smaller units around 12xxpsf.

Almost fully sold. Lure of 5xxk quantum again.

Rosy
19-02-12, 16:55

I will choose GE between the two.

Doesnt mean i am encouraging you to invest.

irisng
19-02-12, 17:46
Pass by GE this morning at around 11am, saw quite a number of cars there. Happen to see a family came out from the car, one of them is a woman aged about 60 to 70+.

bargain hunter
21-02-12, 08:56
The leader for the week was Macly Group's Guillemard Edge near Dakota MRT station, which recorded more than 230 sales. Units in the 275-unit project were priced between $1,150 per sq ft (psf) and $1,250 psf.
More than half of the units were one-bedders of around 409 sq ft with a price tag of about $500,000.

mcmlxxvi
21-02-12, 11:53
Originally wanted to put just :-) but post too short...

espeyap
21-02-12, 12:44
The leader for the week was Macly Group's Guillemard Edge near Dakota MRT station, which recorded more than 230 sales. Units in the 275-unit project were priced between $1,150 per sq ft (psf) and $1,250 psf.
More than half of the units were one-bedders of around 409 sq ft with a price tag of about $500,000.

Anyone from this forum invest in GE?????

Seems like this is one of the most popular launch this month in D14.

Daredevil
25-02-12, 08:02
Anyone from this forum invest in GE?????

Seems like this is one of the most popular launch this month in D14.

What makes this project popular is that they are projecting a rental yield of 5-6% (abt 3,5k-4k per mth after TOP for their 1-2 bed room units (no 3 rooms apts). It's amazing how fast the units are shrinking. The 2 rm apt is about 700 sq ft only compared to the once usual size of 850-950 sq ft.

espeyap
25-02-12, 09:21
What makes this project popular is that they are projecting a rental yield of 5-6% (abt 3,5k-4k per mth after TOP for their 1-2 bed room units (no 3 rooms apts). It's amazing how fast the units are shrinking. The 2 rm apt is about 700 sq ft only compared to the once usual size of 850-950 sq ft.

Rental yield of 5-6%?
3.5k for 1 bedder????
Unbelieveable.......

3.5k for 2 bedder still possible ya....

DC33_2008
25-02-12, 09:32
Can use dakota residence as a benchmark for rental.

espeyap
25-02-12, 09:43

2 bedder at Dakota is much bigger as compare to MM at GE...
Very difficult to use that as benchmark.

Daredevil
25-02-12, 09:56
I just rented out my unit at Atrium Residences for 3.9k/mth, up by 1k from my previous tenant.

From my experience, the agents tend to exaggerate the rental yield. But I think 3.5k possible in next 3 years for 2room. 1 rm should be closer to 2.5-3k but even so, the rental yield might be attractive

espeyap
25-02-12, 10:01
[quote=Daredevil]I just rented out my unit at Atrium Residences for 3.9k/mth, up by 1k from my previous tenant.

From my experience, the agents tend to exaggerate the rental yield. But I think 3.5k possible in next 3 years for 2room. 1 rm should be closer to 2.5-3k but even so, the rental yield might be attractive[/quote

3.9k for 2 bedder?

Daredevil
25-02-12, 10:10
[quote=Daredevil]I just rented out my unit at Atrium Residences for 3.9k/mth, up by 1k from my previous tenant.

From my experience, the agents tend to exaggerate the rental yield. But I think 3.5k possible in next 3 years for 2room. 1 rm should be closer to 2.5-3k but even so, the rental yield might be attractive[/quote

3.9k for 2 bedder?

Sorry, forgot to clarify... Mine is 3 room, 1055 sq ft.

mcmlxxvi
25-02-12, 10:44
[QUOTE=espeyap]

If i remember correctly, due to 'stigma' associated with Geylang, 1055sf units in Atrium was going like 650-700k only. 3.9k rental for a 650k property is definitely WOW.

JoyLye
25-02-12, 21:14
[QUOTE=Daredevil]

If i remember correctly, due to 'stigma' associated with Geylang, 1055sf units in Atrium was going like 650-700k only. 3.9k rental for a 650k property is definitely WOW.

Atrim 1055sqf goes for 900k range according to tran done

JoyLye
25-02-12, 21:20
[QUOTE=espeyap]

well done, keen to buy during construction, very affordable, same developer as bluwater, hubby refused to send me there to look see and said NO for geylang

espeyap
26-02-12, 11:16
[quote=Daredevil]

well done, keen to buy during construction, very affordable, same developer as bluwater, hubby refused to send me there to look see and said NO for geylang

All investment on property that happen back in 2005 to 2009 have definitely enjoy capital gain plus substantial rental yield regardless of which area. The only different is percentage gain.

However, property investment in 2011/2012, will there be any substantial gain in 2015/2016 or later??? Is anybody guess....

Xan
26-02-12, 11:53
I was kinda attracted to the price and location of this project until just now when i accidentally drove into lorong 28 and see a row of "girls" standing in front of a row with guys cluttered around them, till then my interest of going in the showflat which is at lorong 30 sian 1/2 already. But i do feel geylang do hv its potential, as long as it is far away from the red light district.

espeyap
27-02-12, 09:04

Just thinking how to convert a single bedroom penthouse to a 2 bedroom penthouse.

How much rental can this unit fetch????

Lovelle
27-02-12, 09:08
[quote=JoyLye]

All investment on property that happen back in 2005 to 2009 have definitely enjoy capital gain plus substantial rental yield regardless of which area. The only different is percentage gain.

However, property investment in 2011/2012, will there be any substantial gain in 2015/2016 or later??? Is anybody guess....

how come missing 2010 ?

devilplate
27-02-12, 09:09
try not to buy penthse in such MM project

ultimately u r buying for rental yield.....get the most efficient layout with most bang for buck

remember MM provide for low end budget expats.......if they got 4k budget, they may not want to rent such MM project

espeyap
27-02-12, 09:22
try not to buy penthse in such MM project

ultimately u r buying for rental yield.....get the most efficient layout with most bang for buck

remember MM provide for low end budget expats.......if they got 4k budget, they may not want to rent such MM project

But if the price is similar to 2 bedroom unit, which one will you go for?

devilplate
27-02-12, 09:34
GE 2bdr about 650k.....so their 2bdr PH only 700k??? cannot be bcoz i remember the upper level is complete roof terrace and plus staircase it makes the living space below even smaller

price
27-02-12, 09:38

1 bed PH vs 2 bed? maybe 2beds. I've seen the Parc Elegance's 1 bedroom PH. soooo tiny. the extra buck is really just for the stairs

espeyap
27-02-12, 09:45
GE 2bdr about 650k.....so their 2bdr PH only 700k??? cannot be bcoz i remember the upper level is complete roof terrace and plus staircase it makes the living space below even smaller

Yes, 1 bdr penthouse is 650k also. :)

mcmlxxvi
27-02-12, 12:54
Yes, 1 bdr penthouse is 650k also. :)
Goodie goodie cheap price! But better dont touch PH in this project. When you relax and sip wine at your roof terrace your view would be rows after rows of briefs and bras... all shapes sizes and colors. I kid you not!

espeyap
29-02-12, 08:15
Goodie goodie cheap price! But better dont touch PH in this project. When you relax and sip wine at your roof terrace your view would be rows after rows of briefs and bras... all shapes sizes and colors. I kid you not!

GE fully Sold .....

Well done.

price
29-02-12, 08:27
GE fully Sold .....

Well done.

Wow really? even the PHs? nice!:scared-5:

espeyap
29-02-12, 08:36
Wow really? even the PHs? nice!:scared-5:

Unbelieveable fast ... in less than 3 weeks.

devilplate
29-02-12, 08:51
GE fully Sold .....

Well done.
so u bot one PH unit?

Fishsee
29-02-12, 09:13
I went to the showrm yesterday afternoon still have 2 units left... So fast gone liao ah.....

mcmlxxvi
29-02-12, 16:08
GE fully Sold .....

Well done.
I. Am. Speechless. Geylang property owners, lots more competition for tenants coming up... Brace yourselves.

price
29-02-12, 16:10
I. Am. Speechless. Geylang property owners, lots more competition for tenants coming up... Brace yourselves.

Yes omg. i was just counting the number of projects on URA. :scared-5: :scared-5:

irisng
29-02-12, 19:34

Maybe some bought for own stay leh, not all are meant for renting. Some people simply like the location and food there. Afterall most of the activities happen in late night, most of the residents will be sleeping liao, who cares what they do.:sleep:

GE Purchaser
04-03-12, 20:55
I bought a 2 bedroom + Home office at level 3, size abt 560sqf, prize$658000 = $1175psf. i bought on 18th of Feb (1 week past from VVIP preview)

i finally chose this project because:

1. freehold. (absolutely first reason)

2. cheaper price in centre area, my budget for 2 bedroom is below $700,000

3. near to Dakota MRT (i calulated the time from walking (slow walk) Dakota MRT to GE just only 12 mins.

4.have busstop nearby, and have direct bus (No70) only 10-20mins to my work place (Fuji Xerox building in Anson Road)

5. layout is good (Square shape,symmetrical room,坐南朝北,nice feng shui)

6. heard from agent this project is the biggest condo in Geylang area. others are mostly apartment no full facilities, but GE have no tennis court which make me feel bit shame but singapore sport hub is close can go there play play

In brochure TOP will be in 2017 but staff say will be in 2nd quarter 2015. hope can get the keys at soonest as why i buy 2 bedroom is i want to rent out 1 room and own stay another room. loan is approved very fast (within 4 days), 40 years . my lawyer told me another her clients bought GE (400+sqf,guess 1bedroom) also got loan very smoothly, by the way, the loan is from DBS.

GE Purchaser
04-03-12, 21:28
last friday night went to showflat to see how many units havent yet sold out (only 9 left that day), we took that chance to look around the night scenery at lorong 30, ai, have to say. we saw the afraid things, there were at least 5-6 girls stand in the lorong 30 wearing very low cut clothes seduce the man pass by, ai, we even saw a man is quoting the price (he showed 3 fingers like to say : i only want to pay 30 dollers,ok? my hubby sid these chinkens accents sound like Vietnamese. hope this kind of things will be disappeared in year 2017, hope goverment will do something to clean this peple, pray pray.

my Hubby and me we are young couple, actually we are not very caring Gelang bad reputation, we care more about location (convinient) and price (below our budget), near dakota MRT and freehold attract me much. and lorong 30 is above lorong 20, hope after 5 years here will have more shopping mall, park etc good changes. if no that wouldn't be a problem. i ca stay at home at night or take taxi home if too late at night, compare to similar area in other contry i think gaylang is safe.:tongue3:

price
04-03-12, 21:57
last friday night went to showflat to see how many units havent yet sold out (only 9 left that day), we took that chance to look around the night scenery at lorong 30, ai, have to say. we saw the afraid things, there were at least 5-6 girls stand in the lorong 30 wearing very low cut clothes seduce the man pass by, ai, we even saw a man is quoting the price (he showed 3 fingers like to say : i only want to pay 30 dollers,ok? my hubby sid these chinkens accents sound like Vietnamese. hope this kind of things will be disappeared in year 2017, hope goverment will do something to clean this peple, pray pray.

my Hubby and me we are young couple, actually we are not very caring Gelang bad reputation, we care more about location (convinient) and price (below our budget), near dakota MRT and freehold attract me much. and lorong 30 is above lorong 20, hope after 5 years here will have more shopping mall, park etc good changes. if no that wouldn't be a problem. i ca stay at home at night or take taxi home if too late at night, compare to similar area in other contry i think gaylang is safe.:tongue3:

Congrats!! :D how old are you and ur hubby?

devilplate
04-03-12, 22:37
Oooo din noe can get 40yrs loan.....isit norm for all banks to offer 40?

mcmlxxvi
04-03-12, 22:45
OCBC used to loan me up to 70yrs old...

ecimbew
04-03-12, 23:20
560 sqft
2 br + home office (??)

http://guillemardedge.com.sg/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/22_Typical-2+HO-Floor-Plan-Guillemard-Edge.jpg

Piglet
04-03-12, 23:22
why i buy 2 bedroom is i want to rent out 1 room and own stay another room......

Erm... Sorry for being kaypoh but i asume you will be moving in with your husband....

with 2 bedrooms ( and balconies!!!!) squeezed into 560 sq ft,
I really doubt you have enough space for both of you!, let alone rent out a room to a 3rd person.....

Did you realised how small the wardrobe is? there is no space for additional carpentry.. how are you going to store your clothes, shoes, bags, and other barangs barangs of 2 adults??

even if you don't mind, I think the prospective tenant will thnk twice renting such a room...

I think you might have lacked consideration on some living basics.....

IMHO.
hope i din offend you. Just trying to give a gentle reminder.
I stayed alone is a 560sqft apartment with 2 balconies before and I am a bachelor with minimal barangs....

3 words.
NOT-ENOUGH-SPACE.

devilplate
04-03-12, 23:34
Look at the master rm size.....how to walk?!?

The home office more like dining area....lol

Anyway their 409sqft 1bdr bestest layout actually..

Btw the balcony small till useless.....only gd for dry laundry and smoking....lol

Anyway the room still rentable la....600pm shd hf takers

Piglet
04-03-12, 23:52
The room is rentable but what would be the state of thier living room and master room?

I'd imagine that stuff will be EVERYWHERE becasue there is just not enought space for storage if they don't make use of the 2nd room...

where to put ironing board? luggagues?
No space in the room for a dressing table or anything else.

how to squeeze 2 adult's cloths into a barely 100cm width wardrobe? ( relative to the size of queen size bed.)

not forgetting things like extra beddings , books, CDS, DVDs, . So many things!

its not easy to live with another person no matter how stong the LOVE is... already so many things need to be compromised and worked on in a marriage....

I really don't understand why couples want to take the risk to squeeze into such a small space which will confirm gurantee chop generate a lot of problems....

focus
05-03-12, 00:37
The room is rentable but what would be the state of thier living room and master room?

I'd imagine that stuff will be EVERYWHERE becasue there is just not enought space for storage if they don't make use of the 2nd room...

how to squeeze 2 adult's cloths into a barely 100cm width wardrobe? ( relative to the size of queen size bed.)

its not easy to live with another person no matter how stong the LOVE is... already so many things need to be compromised and worked on in a marriage....

I really don't understand why couples want to take the risk to squeeze into such a small space which will confirm gurantee chop generate a lot of problems....

mOST Probably they wear disposables... and most things are disposables.. hehe..

focus
05-03-12, 00:40

Yup. 40yrs loan is very common.
Now they assumed you can work till 70yrs old??
I got 40yrs loan coz my wife is 30yrs old.

Maybe that explains why prices are holding steady too and people are lapping it up.. our loan just got stretch to 40yrs and installment becomes a little easier.. but of coz.. interest+principal will be more than that of the 30yrs loan.

But now must take loan.... They print money.. we must print money too..

Piglet
05-03-12, 01:00

The Home Office Is Really a joke.
WTF is a home office in that area??

the dining area does not even make sense.

I really feel Developers these days got no ethics.
Squeeze everything into such a small space , use fancy terms and built deceiving showflates. giving ignorant buyers the illusion that they can live happily in such a space..
:doh:
And what is happening to toilets with windows?? cannot find any now in new developments! so disappointing...

mcmlxxvi
05-03-12, 01:01
The only toilet in the house is right next to the Master bedroom. Although tenant can enter from other door, imagine the awkwardness when after you make babies doggedly enter bathroom to shower and bump into tenant going to take a leak. Or worse, tenant hears the moans and groans while using the toilet... But hey. Guess this is Geylang afterall so tenant should be quite worldly wise and have seen many things and wont be embarrassed by such situations... Scarly worse, ask if can join you guys. Lol

mcmlxxvi
05-03-12, 01:04

Squeeze everything into such a small space , use fancy terms and built deceiving showflates. giving ignorant buyers the illusion that they can live happily in such a space..
And what is happening to toilets with windows?? cannot find any now in new developments! so disappointing...
Well this is typical Macly style. I suggest potential buyers check out their Suites 123 layout (also with Horne Office) since they already TOP ready for viewing.

mcmlxxvi
05-03-12, 01:07

Anyway their 409sqft 1bdr bestest layout actually..

Btw the balcony small till useless.....only gd for dry laundry and smoking....lol

Anyway the room still rentable la....600pm shd hf takers
Bro. You supposed to rolllll across your bed to access the balcony... Else sofa bed would make perfect sense here.

mcmlxxvi
05-03-12, 01:09

Extend the toilet past the Horne Office area. Wa la now you get ventilation from the single pane window...

Piglet
05-03-12, 01:50
Extend the toilet past the Horne Office area. Wa la now you get ventilation from the single pane window...

That is actually a very good idea, except probably difficult for furnitures and fat people to pass through since the new wall will be obstructing the walk way from kitchen to living room.

Piglet
05-03-12, 01:54
The only toilet in the house is right next to the Master bedroom. Although tenant can enter from other door, imagine the awkwardness when after you make babies doggedly enter bathroom to shower and bump into tenant going to take a leak. Or worse, tenant hears the moans and groans while using the toilet... But hey. Guess this is Geylang afterall so tenant should be quite worldly wise and have seen many things and wont be embarrassed by such situations... Scarly worse, ask if can join you guys. Lol

Don't need to worry so much. with a couple staying in, the room is
IMPOSSIBLE TO rent.
NOBODY WILL RENT.

I can bet my last dollar on it.

dtrax
05-03-12, 03:19
Small rooms or dwellings set the mind in the right path; large ones cause it to go astray.
- Leonardo da Vinci

MM has its own market, Suites @ Owen at owen rd by Macly is one of the condos with the highest rental psf/mth when it TOP previously

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7025/6403452211_14891bdb8f_z.jpg

dtrax
05-03-12, 03:30
I bought a 2 bedroom + Home office at level 3, size abt 560sqf, prize$658000 = $1175psf. i bought on 18th of Feb (1 week past from VVIP preview)

i finally chose this project because:

1. freehold. (absolutely first reason)

2. cheaper price in centre area, my budget for 2 bedroom is below $700,000

3. near to Dakota MRT (i calulated the time from walking (slow walk) Dakota MRT to GE just only 12 mins.

4.have busstop nearby, and have direct bus (No70) only 10-20mins to my work place (Fuji Xerox building in Anson Road)

6. heard from agent this project is the biggest condo in Geylang area. others are mostly apartment no full facilities, but GE have no tennis court which make me feel bit shame but singapore sport hub is close can go there play play

In brochure TOP will be in 2017 but staff say will be in 2nd quarter 2015. hope can get the keys at soonest as why i buy 2 bedroom is i want to rent out 1 room and own stay another room. loan is approved very fast (within 4 days), 40 years . my lawyer told me another her clients bought GE (400+sqf,guess 1bedroom) also got loan very smoothly, by the way, the loan is from DBS.

I think you are better off using the other room as storage, no point sacrificing your privacy given the small space just to earn some extra cash to offset your loan. I hope you are not stretching your finances but I guess you will have a better idea whether you would wanna rent once the unit TOP

hyenergix
05-03-12, 04:54
Having only 1 toilet will b e sore point between couples n tenant. No kid? Kidding right?

hyenergix
05-03-12, 04:57
I expect e red light district problem to get worse bcoz of pop increase, n more foreign workers n unmarried guys getting older who need instant campanions.

price
05-03-12, 07:37

Why are you so anal about other's purchase? :scared-3: They are probably a foreign couple who can't buy anything else subsidised by the Government. Whether or not it generates problem what does it got to do with you? Why so sure?:confused: You sound super unhappy with everyone's purchase. Go get a life. Every development has its market. Not everyone can afford comfortable spacious living. Most just make do with what their $ brings

Jonathan0503
05-03-12, 07:48
Having only 1 toilet will b e sore point between couples n tenant. No kid? Kidding right?

Yes, it will not work with 1 toilet if you intend to rent out the room.

Inconvenient for both the tenant and yourself.

devilplate
05-03-12, 08:04
i tink use mattress to slp better.....if not tough to clean the room

tight budget mah and yet want 2bdr.....how many decent size 2bdr below 700k these days?

i tink shd be quite ok for a couple.....got HS lor.....can store barang barang

some other MM dun hf any store room.....

price
05-03-12, 08:07
Precisely, with less than 700k, and he did mention his ideal property has to be freehold, I think this is the best option for him.

Piglet
05-03-12, 11:53
Why are you so anal about other's purchase? :scared-3: They are probably a foreign couple who can't buy anything else subsidised by the Government. Whether or not it generates problem what does it got to do with you? Why so sure?:confused: You sound super unhappy with everyone's purchase. Go get a life. Every development has its market. Not everyone can afford comfortable spacious living. Most just make do with what their $ brings

HAr??
Hey Bro what's your problem?

I sound super unhappy with everyone's purchase?
I think this is the first time I comment on someone's purchases leh.

Don't anyhow accuse people hor.

Yes I feel very strongly about this particular purchase and the buyer's intention to rent out the room. That's why I said what I said to get my pont accross.

Whether people agree or not its up to them. This is a forum to express opinions what.

Not everyone can afford spacious and comfortable living?? The price they paid for can certainly buy a bigger place in some other less central area.

yes end of the day, its thier decision and when I am commenting on a bad decision.IMHO which i clearly state on my first post.

Go get a life??
WHy does my feedback on this matter annoy you so much until u want to criticise me like that??

Who needs to go get a life??

I hope my feedback can help this new home buyer think more clearly about her dwellng plans, and realise that her plan to rent out the room may not work, so maybe some financial decisions may have to be relooked into.

I am being constructive and not giving mindless bashing like what you are doing now... to me.

price
05-03-12, 12:38
HAr??
Hey Bro what's your problem?

I sound super unhappy with everyone's purchase?
I think this is the first time I comment on someone's purchases leh.

Don't anyhow accuse people hor.

Yes I feel very strongly about this particular purchase and the buyer's intention to rent out the room. That's why I said what I said to get my pont accross.

Whether people agree or not its up to them. This is a forum to express opinions what.

Not everyone can afford spacious and comfortable living?? The price they paid for can certainly buy a bigger place in some other less central area.

yes end of the day, its thier decision and when I am commenting on a bad decision.IMHO which i clearly state on my first post.

Go get a life??
WHy does my feedback on this matter annoy you so much until u want to criticise me like that??

Who needs to go get a life??

I hope my feedback can help this new home buyer think more clearly about her dwellng plans, and realise that her plan to rent out the room may not work, so maybe some financial decisions may have to be relooked into.

I am being constructive and not giving mindless bashing like what you are doing now... to me.

Right sorry bro, was a bit too harsh :cheers4:

Mind sharing which 2 bedders FH OCR is around 650k? thanks!

irisng
05-03-12, 14:10
Actually, I do think that it is a bit inconvenience and lack of privacy to share the house with a totally stranger. Of course, there are people who can easily adapt to it but for me, I don't think I can. There is only 1 toilet and some more it is inside the master bedroom. What happen if in the middle of the night, the tenant wants to use the toilet?

IMHO, I should say that for a couple without children yet, there shouldn't have much things, so storage shouldn't be a big problem unless you have tons and tons of shoes, bags, clothing, books etc.

irisng
05-03-12, 14:16
560 sqft
2 br + home office (??)

http://guillemardedge.com.sg/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/22_Typical-2+HO-Floor-Plan-Guillemard-Edge.jpg

I'm a bit lost, what is the home office for, is it another room or just an extra space next to the living & bedroom? Can entered the toilet from outside or not or have to enter thru' master bedroom?

cmchong77
05-03-12, 14:50
I think the swimming pool toilet can be an alternative in case of an "emergency" ..

espeyap
05-03-12, 19:22
I'm a bit lost, what is the home office for, is it another room or just an extra space next to the living & bedroom? Can entered the toilet from outside or not or have to enter thru' master bedroom?

May be the living hall can be converted to another room and home office area as living hall.
So at the end, 2 rooms + HO become 3 rooms MM.

Renting out 3 rooms MM can fetch higher rental yield...

Piglet
05-03-12, 19:40
Right sorry bro, was a bit too harsh :cheers4:

Mind sharing which 2 bedders FH OCR is around 650k? thanks!

Indeed, it is near impossible to find a 2 bedder for around 650k in current market.

I mentioned that at the price they paid for, they can get Bigger place.
So , instead of a 2 bedder in a 560sq ft apartment, where the rooms are so small that makes living in it uncomfortable, why not go for a , say, 650 sq ft 1 bedder?

In this particular example, the buyer wants to Live-in AND rent out the 2nd room, which makes it a very bad idea IMO becasue the space is smply too small for that to work out. the 2nd bedroom will not be ale to serve its intended purpose at all.

So, if end of the day its just going to be a 2 of them, its not necessary to buy a 2 bedder already.
A quick searh in property guru will show a some potentail resale units within that budget.
( of course location not so good la, so living space more imporant, or location more important? its buyer's choice la)

IF, they die die want to buy a 2 bedroom beasue they want to rent out one room, then too bad for them that they cannot afford a decent size one at curent market.
Perhaps, such buyers should consider using the 3 years it takes for the project to TOP, to save more money to buy a more decent sized 2 bedder in the resale market in future....

irisng
05-03-12, 20:13
[quote=Piglet]Indeed, it is near impossible to find a 2 bedder for around 650k in current market.

So, if end of the day its just going to be a 2 of them, its not necessary to buy a 2 bedder already.

:tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk: , if they intend not to rent it out, the extra bedroom can use it as a guest room, study room or to get ready for the "little one" to join them. :cheers5:

irisng
05-03-12, 20:35
I expect e red light district problem to get worse bcoz of pop increase, n more foreign workers n unmarried guys getting older who need instant campanions.

It is dangerous to find that type of companions, don't play play er:tsk-tsk:

Piglet
05-03-12, 20:48
:tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk: , if they intend not to rent it out, the extra bedroom can use it as a guest room, study room or to get ready for the "little one" to join them. :cheers5:

My belief is that this 2nd bedroom in such a small unit will be too small to serve the purpose of a guest room and baby room.

Study room, yes probably.
Yes, for 2 person, the 2nd room is certainly useful...

But to plan to rent that out....:doh:

anyway its just my personal opinion. If they manage to make it work when they see the actual unit after TOP, then good for them.

hyenergix
05-03-12, 21:11
Geylang is worse than JB...

Foreign worker and maid found dead in Geylang hotel
AsiaOne
Monday, Mar 05, 2012
http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews/Crime/Story/A1Story20120305-331762.html

S'pore woman found dead in Geylang hotel
The New Paper
Sun, Jul 03, 2011
http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20110701-287052.html

espeyap
05-03-12, 22:22
May be the living hall can be converted to another room and home office area as living hall.

See my new design...

price
05-03-12, 22:45
Indeed, it is near impossible to find a 2 bedder for around 650k in current market.

So , instead of a 2 bedder in a 560sq ft apartment, where the rooms are so small that makes living in it uncomfortable, why not go for a , say, 650 sq ft 1 bedder?

In this particular example, the buyer wants to Live-in AND rent out the 2nd room, which makes it a very bad idea IMO becasue the space is smply too small for that to work out. the 2nd bedroom will not be ale to serve its intended purpose at all.

A quick searh in property guru will show a some potentail resale units within that budget.
( of course location not so good la, so living space more imporant, or location more important? its buyer's choice la)

IF, they die die want to buy a 2 bedroom beasue they want to rent out one room, then too bad for them that they cannot afford a decent size one at curent market.
Perhaps, such buyers should consider using the 3 years it takes for the project to TOP, to save more money to buy a more decent sized 2 bedder in the resale market in future....

So where can we find a 650 sqft FH 1 bedder? Cause she did mention that FH was impt to them

cmchong77
06-03-12, 09:34
One of the reasons for the purchase was this, quoting the post -

"4.have busstop nearby, and have direct bus (No70) only 10-20mins to my work place (Fuji Xerox building in Anson Road)"

Can wake up 8:40 and still make it to work around 9:15-ish. At this price/location, would be difficult to get FH, 2 bedder, etc ..

price
06-03-12, 10:10
One of the reasons for the purchase was this, quoting the post -

"4.have busstop nearby, and have direct bus (No70) only 10-20mins to my work place (Fuji Xerox building in Anson Road)"

Can wake up 8:40 and still make it to work around 9:15-ish. At this price/location, would be difficult to get FH, 2 bedder, etc ..

Precisely my point, every families have their different profiles. Not everyone can afford to wait, not everyone can survive without the extra rental income etc. I know of 4 room HDB, owner stays in 1 and rent out 2 rooms. The tenants will have to share toilets as well.

irisng
06-03-12, 11:41
Geylang is worse than JB...

Foreign worker and maid found dead in Geylang hotel
AsiaOne
Monday, Mar 05, 2012
http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews/Crime/Story/A1Story20120305-331762.html

S'pore woman found dead in Geylang hotel
The New Paper
Sun, Jul 03, 2011
http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20110701-287052.html

So does it mean that Singapore is worst than JB because Geylang is part of Singapore.;)

irisng
06-03-12, 11:46
See my new design...

Wow, your design not bad er!:cheers4:

hyenergix
06-03-12, 11:49
So does it mean that Singapore is worst than JB because Geylang is part of Singapore.;)

Overall it is better, but not at certain areas. Geylang is highlighted because it is an area under survellience yet crimes and fights flourish. The policemen also got attacked there before. I don't think it is a suitable area for families with young children or single ladies to stay.

hyenergix
06-03-12, 11:53
Wow, your design not bad er!:cheers4:

Impractical lah. Why is there a need to have so many balconies? 5 person staying and there is no proper dining and living room, and they have to share 1 toilet. Do the occupants still stay around and hide in the bombshelter if Singapore goes to war?

irisng
06-03-12, 12:03
Overall it is better, but not at certain areas. Geylang is highlighted because it is an area under survellience yet crimes and fights flourish. The policemen also got attacked there before. I don't think it is a suitable area for families with young children or single ladies to stay.

Oh, so what the MP is doing, why didn't they do something to improve it further?

hyenergix
06-03-12, 12:11
Oh, so what the MP is doing, why didn't they do something to improve it further?

I don't stay there nor planning to invest there within a 10-year horizon. It is up to the residents or investors to work things out with their MPs. But I don't think there is a solution.

espeyap
06-03-12, 13:13
Impractical lah. Why is there a need to have so many balconies? 5 person staying and there is no proper dining and living room, and they have to share 1 toilet. Do the occupants still stay around and hide in the bombshelter if Singapore goes to war?

Haha, minimum renovation cost, maximize rental yield lar.
Of course if i were to build the whole unit, No HS, lesser balcony.

hyenergix
06-03-12, 13:26
Haha, minimum renovation cost, maximize rental yield lar.
Of course if i were to build the whole unit, No HS, lesser balcony.

Then u shd squeeze two double deck bed per room. Can collect $400 per worker to maximise rental yield.

GE Purchaser
06-03-12, 19:36
Congrats!! :D how old are you and ur hubby?

I am 28 , my hubby 30+:tongue4: :tongue4:

espeyap
06-03-12, 20:03
I am 28 , my hubby 30+:tongue4: :tongue4:

So this is your first property in Singapore? Which stack you purchased? Pool facing?

GE Purchaser
06-03-12, 20:08

when we look at the layout at showflat, this same idea just jump out and push us quicky made the purchase, i think home office could be used as a mini living room, we can internal decorate a wall in between living room and hom office, in this way will have 3 bedrooms: master + 2nd bedroom + reverted room and each rom have eperate balcony, i can put a mini sofa and mini coffee table in balcony for tenant reading or surfing internet :D

GE Purchaser
06-03-12, 20:12
See my new design...

ur designed layout inspired me a lot~thanks:rolleyes:

espeyap
06-03-12, 20:18
when we look at the layout at showflat, this same idea just jump out and push us quicky made the purchase, i think home office could be used as a mini living room, we can internal decorate a wall in between living room and hom office, in this way will have 3 bedrooms: master + 2nd bedroom + reverted room and each rom have eperate balcony, i can put a mini sofa and mini coffee table in balcony for tenant reading or surfing internet :D

See my desgin for penthouse. Any comment? 1 bedder penthouse. Home office use as Living hall, and HS as study corner.

GE Purchaser
06-03-12, 20:31
2 bedrooms but only got 1 toilet really bothers me and make me feel a long time regret about the purchase, toilet to me is very important i only want to share with my family but it is impossible to refund the downpayment. i dont know. maybe i can convert the HS to 2nd toilet? dont know possible or not, i saw my relative in China they can convert any room to toilet or other function room. they even can cover the balcony and change it to a shower room.:scared-4:

To those give me some valuable advice friends, thank you for your sharing.

No place to store things should be not a problem as we have a 3 bedroom HDB (current living place), hubby may occasionally come to live in this new purchase condo as he also need to live for 1-2 days per week with his mum (mum alone living in 3 bedroom hdb). so, we can store things in old HDB.

hyenergix
06-03-12, 20:37
2 bedrooms but only got 1 toilet really bothers me and make me feel a long time regret about the purchase, toilet to me is very important i only want to share with my family but it is impossible to refund the downpayment. i dont know. maybe i can convert the HS to 2nd toilet? dont know possible or not, i saw my relative in China they can convert any room to toilet or other function room. they even can cover the balcony and change it to a shower room.:scared-4:

No place to store things should be not a problem as we have a 3 bedroom HDB (current living place), hubby may occasionally come to live in this new purchase condo as he also need to live for 1-2 days per week with his mum (mum alone living in 3 bedroom hdb). so, we can store things in old HDB.

The contractor will need to dig out the tiles, put in water-proofing plus piping, and re-lay the tiles plus install ventilation. I don't think it will be cheap. Are you a local?

GE Purchaser
06-03-12, 20:44
To those people who call us Ignorant. may i ask u a question: what kind of purchase could be considered as the best purchase in Singapore? can you recommend me a "Best" property project (still have showflat one) with central location/ freehold/ near underground MRT station/ near bus station/ near foodcourt and supermarket/ 2bedrooms / size above 800 sqf / two toilets/ full condo facilities/ good layout (square shape not crooked)/ good feng shui ,bed direction can be put facing east or north / good rent / last but most important price below SGD$700,000? can find one?

GE Purchaser
06-03-12, 20:52
The contractor will need to dig out the tiles, put in water-proofing plus piping, and re-lay the tiles plus install ventilation. I don't think it will be cheap. Are you a local?

so you mean it is possible to convert HS to Toilet right? no matter how troublesome and pricei will manage to make another toilet, i am only worrying whether it is allowed by developer. i have checked with sal staff they said impossible to change HS to toilet, so sad if that is true.

No, i am not a local, i am PR from China

hyenergix
06-03-12, 20:55
so you mean it is possible to convert HS to Toilet right? no matter how troublesome and pricei will manage to make another toilet, i am only worrying whether it is allowed by developer. i have checked with sal staff they said impossible to change HS to toilet, so sad if that is true.

No, i am not a local, i am PR from China

No harm trying different contractors, but I think it should be illegal, officially.

GE Purchaser
06-03-12, 21:04
See my desgin for penthouse. Any comment? 1 bedder penthouse. Home office use as Living hall, and HS as study corner.

R u sure that is originally 1 bedder layout? i see 2 bedrooms though 2nd bedroom is a bit small. wow, , the layout is more reasonable and confortable. HS is looked so cute to be used as a study place. actually i prefer this no balcony layout, space is completely used. but i dont like penhouse, think about if rainny days, we need to move the bed to downstairs? if no need, how to cover? that will be horrible mess.

mcmlxxvi
06-03-12, 21:06
No harm trying different contractors, but I think it should be illegal, officially.
Word of warning. Even if you manage to do it, lets say 10 yrs down the road you intend to sell it, you will need to revert it to original condition.

hyenergix
06-03-12, 21:08
Word of warning. Even if you manage to do it, lets say 10 yrs down the road you intend to sell it, you will need to revert it to original condition.

Yes, that's why it is illegal. I don't think the owner is planning to sell.

ZeeWee
06-03-12, 21:43
maybe you can recommend where to find a FH 650sqft 1 bedroom in OCR below $700k?

Will waiting 3 years guarantee me to buy a better decent size 2 bedroom in the future in OCR? Or will waiting 3 years result in me buying even smaller unit?

GE Purchaser
06-03-12, 21:44
Precisely my point, every families have their different profiles. Not everyone can afford to wait, not everyone can survive without the extra rental income etc. I know of 4 room HDB, owner stays in 1 and rent out 2 rooms. The tenants will have to share toilets as well.

Thank you brother or sister for your valuable remarks.:cheers4:

Piglet
06-03-12, 22:04
maybe you can recommend where to find a FH 650sqft 1 bedroom in OCR below $700k?

Will waiting 3 years guarantee me to buy a better decent size 2 bedroom in the future in OCR? Or will waiting 3 years result in me buying even smaller unit?

Aiyo, Why you and Price so uptight and keep asking me to recommend FH 650sqft 1 bedroom?

I never did mention FH or LH in any of my post becasue I do not think its important for self stay. AGain, Personal opinion.

If FH is so important and buyer think its the best deal she can get then so be it.
I am still free to give my opinion rite?

whether or not in after 3 years , with moe savings can get a better unit , Of course cannot be sure. I was just proposing one alternative consideration la.

Just that with a personal experience living in a 560sq ft unit, I am depressed by the fact that new deelopments now have come to this state. 560sq ft can queeze 2 bedrooms and 3 balconies...
To me is very un(be)livable.

On a side note, I bought a 657sq ft 10year old apartment in D15 just last year at only 1kpsf. and yes its FH.
So compared to new developements, I feel if one slowly look, sure can find a place eventually.
No time to look? cannot wait? Ok lor , happy then buy lor. :cheers4:

Piglet
06-03-12, 22:08
To those people who call us Ignorant. may i ask u a question: what kind of purchase could be considered as the best purchase in Singapore? can you recommend me a "Best" property project (still have showflat one) with central location/ freehold/ near underground MRT station/ near bus station/ near foodcourt and supermarket/ 2bedrooms / size above 800 sqf / two toilets/ full condo facilities/ good layout (square shape not crooked)/ good feng shui ,bed direction can be put facing east or north / good rent / last but most important price below SGD$700,000? can find one?

Just to clarify, I was not directing "ignorant buyers" to you. in case u are offended, I apologise.

U want all these things, below 700k of course don't have la.
So if you believe you got the best deal you can get, and the small space does not bother you at all, Good for you!

Got HDB flat will make things so much better.

When the porject TOP and this forum still active, Do come back and share with us your Joy of moving to this new place and being a happy landlord!!!

All the best! :cheers4:

price
06-03-12, 22:18
:cheers1: :cheers2: :cheers3: :cheers4: :cheers5: :cheers6:

GSLJ
06-03-12, 23:33
I reckon 560ft for 2 beds with 1 bath, still ok.

This one 603ft for 3 beds and 2 baths more power! :D

http://www.newlaunchsingapore.com/district-15-to-16/treescape-telok-kurau

ZeeWee
07-03-12, 07:02
No la.. just the way u said it sound like u have lobang somewhere..

So faster asked lor. As for the 3 years thing, thought u might have some insider news we duno that market will come crashing down or drop in 3 years thats why I ask..

No offence and cheers

Aiyo, Why you and Price so uptight and keep asking me to recommend FH 650sqft 1 bedroom?

I never did mention FH or LH in any of my post becasue I do not think its important for self stay. AGain, Personal opinion.

If FH is so important and buyer think its the best deal she can get then so be it.
I am still free to give my opinion rite?

whether or not in after 3 years , with moe savings can get a better unit , Of course cannot be sure. I was just proposing one alternative consideration la.

Just that with a personal experience living in a 560sq ft unit, I am depressed by the fact that new deelopments now have come to this state. 560sq ft can queeze 2 bedrooms and 3 balconies...

On a side note, I bought a 657sq ft 10year old apartment in D15 just last year at only 1kpsf. and yes its FH.
So compared to new developements, I feel if one slowly look, sure can find a place eventually.
No time to look? cannot wait? Ok lor , happy then buy lor. :cheers4:

espeyap
07-03-12, 09:53
R u sure that is originally 1 bedder layout? i see 2 bedrooms though 2nd bedroom is a bit small. wow, , the layout is more reasonable and confortable. HS is looked so cute to be used as a study place. actually i prefer this no balcony layout, space is completely used. but i dont like penhouse, think about if rainny days, we need to move the bed to downstairs? if no need, how to cover? that will be horrible mess.

Yes it is a 1 bedroom penthouse @GE. 775sqft with roof gardens.

But there is no bed at the upper level. Only Jacuzzi and BBQ pit.

irisng
07-03-12, 11:42
IMHO, 2 bedrooms with 1 toilet still okay if for own stay but if you want to rent it out, it will be a bit inconvenience. But luckily, the toilet has 2 entries, just make sure that 1 side is locked when someone is inside the toilet.:ashamed1:

I don't think you can convert the HS to a toilet because there are still some units below you and it will be a big project and costly, not worth it.

devilplate
07-03-12, 11:48
huh.....y gd for own stay? own stay more comfy better rite? the master room is a joke....like mcm said, nid to roll over the bed to goto the balcony....i wonder how to clean the room??? wakakaka

buy mm to rent out i can understand la.....squeeze the tenants mah!!! who cares! wakakakaka

devilplate
07-03-12, 11:49
if budget so tight, den shd go for HDb mah rite? or slowly find bigger resale 1bdr of size 5xxsqft-6xxsqft.....

irisng
08-03-12, 11:49
[quote=GE Purchaser]I bought a 2 bedroom + Home office at level 3, size abt 560sqf, prize$658000 = $1175psf. i bought on 18th of Feb (1 week past from VVIP preview)

Just a bit curious, how you see the feng shui, is it because of the shape or because of the facing?

price
19-03-12, 11:16
Just curious, anyone knows the size of both pools?

espeyap
19-03-12, 19:10
Just curious, anyone knows the size of both pools?

Should be around 25 meter. One is slightly longer.

GSLJ
19-03-12, 19:34

:cheers4: Can share how you find living in a unit of 560sq ft?

I think this size is ok if you know how to put the space to good use. Should be quite comfy and cosy...:D

price
19-03-12, 20:10
Should be around 25 meter. One is slightly longer.

Oh thats not that big. Thanks! :D

espeyap
19-03-12, 20:48
Can share how you find living in a unit of 560sq ft?

I think this size is ok if you know how to put the space to good use. Should be quite comfy and cosy...:D

560 sqft is consider reasonable size for MM project. And normally come with Open kitchen /dry kitchen. For small family, I think is ok.

But to host any visitors at home will be very tight. Therefore, for MM project, common facilities is important. Such as BBQ area, sky terrace, landscape, sitting area and etc.

price
19-03-12, 21:02
560 sqft is consider reasonable size for MM project. And normally come with Open kitchen /dry kitchen. For small family, I think is ok.

But to host any visitors at home will be very tight. Therefore, for MM project, common facilities is important. Such as BBQ area, sky terrace, landscape, sitting area and etc.

hmm any projects for example?

espeyap
19-03-12, 23:25
hmm any projects for example?

MM projects at Geylang, plenty of them is around the same size for 2 bedder, some even smaller than 500sqft.

But most of the common facilities is lousy as compare to GE, therefore I feel GE is a better choice.

price
20-03-12, 07:15
MM projects at Geylang, plenty of them is around the same size for 2 bedder, some even smaller than 500sqft.

But most of the common facilities is lousy as compare to GE, therefore I feel GE is a better choice.

Actually all GE has is 2 pools instead of 1 no? the rest are bout the same.

espeyap
20-03-12, 10:57
Actually all GE has is 2 pools instead of 1 no? the rest are bout the same.

But if you compare to other smaller development in Geylang area, you will know what I mean. Pool and Gym is very small, and some do not have funtion room or sky terrace.

price
20-03-12, 11:03
But if you compare to other smaller development in Geylang area, you will know what I mean. Pool and Gym is very small, and some do not have funtion room or sky terrace.

Yup, i know what u mean. But actually GE dont have much either. People bought into this probably because everyone else is. To watch people die with u is better to die alone. HAHA Being only the 3rd condo in Geylang I'd say the facilities is not that much more than the Apartment status ones. Centra Resi has a 25min lap pool too. It may be narrower but more than half the units in GE means less ppl to share the pool with.

cmchong77
25-03-12, 22:23
Every time I pass by Guillemard road I see this MOE construction, it appears to be the new Kong Hwa primary campus (moving in mid 2012). It is just across the road from GE, is the school any good?

http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_26231/travel_site_1/

anythingwhatever
30-05-12, 00:14
Every time I pass by Guillemard road I see this MOE construction, it appears to be the new Kong Hwa primary campus (moving in mid 2012). It is just across the road from GE, is the school any good?

http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_26231/travel_site_1/

Per Kiasuparents, this school is quite good and popular (Phase 2C @ 171%):
http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/event/p1-registration-2012-phase-2c

By the way, happened to pass by the GE site, constructions seem to be underway aggressively, maybe can T.O.P before 2015? :-)

William13
31-05-12, 08:14

Hi there,I am interested n looking for resale at GE area please drop me a line if you will to sale your apt. Thks William

fiat500
31-05-12, 08:44
Hi there,I am interested n looking for resale at GE area please drop me a line if you will to sale your apt. Thks William
all the GE buyers are tied down by the 4yrs ssd..doubt u will get any resale units now...:cheers6:

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
31-05-12, 13:34
all the GE buyers are tied down by the 4yrs ssd..doubt u will get any resale units now...:cheers6:

Maybe he willing to cover the 16 or 12% leh

anythingwhatever
06-06-12, 15:14
Construction Updates as at June 2012:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-VqCqJduQbR4/T88B_D_QMsI/AAAAAAAAAmw/e6cLAhSGljM/s800/Lor%252030%2520-%2520Guillemard%2520Edge%2520-%2520June%25202012%2520-%25201.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-FMGfwJ9MJOI/T88B--S7z2I/AAAAAAAAAms/l3gxPAKH1g4/s800/Lor%252030%2520-%2520Guillemard%2520Edge%2520-%2520June%25202012%2520-%25202.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-S0GVGlPRApk/T88B_GHERDI/AAAAAAAAAm0/uAq0xP7nVKI/s800/Lor%252030%2520-%2520Guillemard%2520Edge%2520-%2520June%25202012%2520-%25203.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/--EuEnu4-kug/T88CAIfj6gI/AAAAAAAAAm4/aPE2-GR6AQA/s800/Lor%252030%2520-%2520Guillemard%2520Edge%2520-%2520June%25202012%2520-%25204.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-oV4zPRacOKA/T88CAUDyNcI/AAAAAAAAAm8/z9hv3ELJ-IU/s800/Lor%252030%2520-%2520Guillemard%2520Edge%2520-%2520June%25202012%2520-%25205.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-iP109lx9VyQ/T88CApLii_I/AAAAAAAAAnE/LZdDeSvaL0g/s736/Lor%252030%2520-%2520Guillemard%2520Edge%2520-%2520June%25202012%2520-%25206.jpg

anythingwhatever
02-07-12, 14:37
Construction Updates as of July-2012:

1. The Project Board has just been put up.
2. The Giant Bricks have just moved in.
3. The Piling Work have just started...

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-fEupoaXGisQ/T_FAd4jgGMI/AAAAAAAAA6k/Amy8gIXgZl4/s800/Lor%252030%2520-%2520Guillemard%2520Edge%2520-%2520July%25202012%2520-%25201.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-iRpjHGcZzLA/T_FAd3-MclI/AAAAAAAAA6g/i8T-byk3lJw/s800/Lor%252030%2520-%2520Guillemard%2520Edge%2520-%2520July%25202012%2520-%25202.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-T5Hku62TavQ/T_FAdt9EdTI/AAAAAAAAA6c/VUQvjt6S8Oo/s800/Lor%252030%2520-%2520Guillemard%2520Edge%2520-%2520July%25202012%2520-%25203.jpg

espeyap
02-07-12, 22:26
Expected date of completion 31-Jul-2014????

Construction Updates as of July-2012:

1. The Project Board has just been put up.
2. The Giant Bricks have just moved in.
3. The Piling Work have just started...

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-fEupoaXGisQ/T_FAd4jgGMI/AAAAAAAAA6k/Amy8gIXgZl4/s800/Lor%252030%2520-%2520Guillemard%2520Edge%2520-%2520July%25202012%2520-%25201.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-iRpjHGcZzLA/T_FAd3-MclI/AAAAAAAAA6g/i8T-byk3lJw/s800/Lor%252030%2520-%2520Guillemard%2520Edge%2520-%2520July%25202012%2520-%25202.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-T5Hku62TavQ/T_FAdt9EdTI/AAAAAAAAA6c/VUQvjt6S8Oo/s800/Lor%252030%2520-%2520Guillemard%2520Edge%2520-%2520July%25202012%2520-%25203.jpg

anythingwhatever
04-07-12, 10:59
Expected date of completion 31-Jul-2014????

Is this supposed to be the TOP date?

Or just the completion of the main building structure?

anythingwhatever
03-09-12, 15:14
Sep-2012: Piling Work in progress, expected completion date remain unchanged on board...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Ix1qrxjzQTo/UERYk_4LN6I/AAAAAAAABGg/DMjLWAl3qno/s800/Lor%252030%2520-%2520Guillemard%2520Edge%2520-%2520Sep%25202012%2520-%25201.jpg

espeyap
04-12-12, 20:42
Update as at 1-Dec-2012

Mickang11
23-04-13, 07:17
Any update?

irisng
23-04-13, 08:28
I think is already up to Level 2 now.

babyt
06-05-13, 23:28
is this Macly the one who did Thomson V?

mcmlxxvi
07-05-13, 08:12
yep same.

Suites 123
Suites @ Eunos
Suites @ Sims

all theirs

irisng
01-06-13, 21:42
wrong thread.

irisng
01-06-13, 21:45
http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5931&stc=1&d=1370094090

The progess.

Sorry, attached to the wrong thread. Should be in La Fleur thread.

Below is the Guillemard Edge progress.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5932&stc=1&d=1370094320

Coffeelemonine
19-09-13, 00:53
Any update?

merlion
19-09-13, 09:06
[QUOTE=Coffeelemonine;431193]Any update?[/
Up to 8th floor so far. Construction moving fast. :cheers1:

merlion
20-09-13, 15:34
Any update?

Very fast construction progress. TOP should be Sept 2014.

espeyap
27-09-13, 15:15
Very fast construction progress. TOP should be Sept 2014.

Great if that is really happen.:)

espeyap
02-03-14, 20:12
Great if that is really happen.:)

TOP likely by End Mar

GE Purchaser
03-03-14, 09:18
Really? So fast? That would surpass my expectation TOP( i was doubting if it can be done by end of July) . Looks like my dream of getting the key by Sep and celebrating my 2015 CNY in new house will come true. :) last Friday paid a visit of GE, good to see a lot of trees are planted which make outside area look green and cool.

But actually feel a bit regret to buy this unit, I never stay in a 560 sqt house before, so scared when imagine of those squeezing pictures with my family. Feel 560sqf must be very uncomfortable. So if in future 5 years if this project can really gain some capital value rise I guess I will sell and get a bigger second hand EC in suburb for a better living quality.

espeyap
03-03-14, 21:26
Really? So fast? That would surpass my expectation TOP( i was doubting if it can be done by end of July) . Looks like my dream of getting the key by Sep and celebrating my 2015 CNY in new house will come true. :) last Friday paid a visit of GE, good to see a lot of trees are planted which make outside area look green and cool.

But actually feel a bit regret to buy this unit, I never stay in a 560 sqt house before, so scared when imagine of those squeezing pictures with my family. Feel 560sqf must be very uncomfortable. So if in future 5 years if this project can really gain some capital value rise I guess I will sell and get a bigger second hand EC in suburb for a better living quality.

I understand today, they call for TOP inspection. So I think TOP is possible in this month if not next month. I bought a single bedded penthouse unit but it is equally small as yours if not smaller. No intention to stay and just plan to rent it out.

GE Purchaser
04-03-14, 08:03
U really get the penthouse? I thought all sold out, cause see u ever asked in this forum around late Feb 2011 which is the time almost all of units were already sold out. Congrats, I feel ur penthouse must be better renter yield and more attractive to those seeking exquisite lifestyle expat, viewing from outside, those penhouses are all looked quite nice. Can I beg you do not rent out to those&$@%*# (you know what I mean:doh:) hate and awkward to see if our pool is turned out the sex and flirting with men party every night.

Btw, my lovely neighbor, may I know where you get this super fresh info? From URA? Or u r filial with constructors?

GE Purchaser
04-03-14, 08:07
Sorry , there is a typo error, should be " r u familiar with those constructors "? :ashamed1:

babyt
04-03-14, 10:29
I understand today, they call for TOP inspection. So I think TOP is possible in this month if not next month. I bought a single bedded penthouse unit but it is equally small as yours if not smaller. No intention to stay and just plan to rent it out.

how big is ur penthouse? it comes with jacuzzi right? how can it be same or smaller than 500+sqft? cos i was looking at the marketing materials.

espeyap
04-03-14, 10:31
Sorry , there is a typo error, should be " r u familiar with those constructors "? :ashamed1:

No, I just walk in and talk to the people there. That is how I know it is ready for TOP inspection.

But not sure if it really happen. If that is happen, our lawyer will inform us for next progress payment very soon.

espeyap
04-03-14, 10:37
how big is ur penthouse? it comes with jacuzzi right? how can it be same or smaller than 500+sqft? cos i was looking at the marketing materials.

Total floor area is 775sqft, but is 2 level. So if calculated on per floor basis is about 390 sqft for 1 bedder on level 1. Upper floor is just Jacuzzi + BBQ + Basin + planter box.

560 sqft I think is 2 bedders, so the size of living hall and kitchen and dinning area is about the same as 1 bedder or slightly bigger except one extra bedroom and toilet.

Coffeelemonine
05-03-14, 21:38
Any photo to share?

espeyap
10-03-14, 22:28
Any photo to share?

BCA-CSC application for site inspection is already submitted on 22-Feb-2014.
And request was replied and seems like the inspection is already carried out.

Coffeelemonine
13-03-14, 20:46
Look forward to collecting the key. Any latest news, please share. :)

Coffeelemonine
13-03-14, 23:27
Check status from

Website = https://www.bca.gov.sg/eservice/SubmissionStatus.aspx
Project reference num = A1276-00567-2011%

GE Purchaser
24-03-14, 09:11
Disappointed to see there is no "Grand drop-off" at the entrance of GE which is supposed to be built based on the developer's brochure, isnt it? In addition to it, why they didnt follow the brochure to build the transparent type of window in the balcony? the current opaque window looks not presentable and block the sunshine .

Guys do u feel the same? anyway, already wrote an email to developer regarding to these discrepancies and hope to receive their clarification soon.:tongue3:

GE Purchaser
24-03-14, 09:30
below is the "Grand drop-off" on the brochure:
http://img3.laibafile.cn/p/m/172767040.jpg

GE Purchaser
24-03-14, 09:31
Transparent type of window on the brochure:
http://img3.laibafile.cn/p/m/172767037.jpg

GE Purchaser
24-03-14, 09:33
current entrance:
http://img3.laibafile.cn/p/m/172767043.jpg

siewsphone
24-03-14, 10:30
The photos you posted only visible to the 天涯社区 members. :scared-5:

Coffeelemonine
25-03-14, 00:57
May I know what is the email address of the developer?

espeyap
25-03-14, 23:07
current entrance:
http://img3.laibafile.cn/p/m/172767043.jpg

Can't see your photo attachment.

GE Purchaser
27-03-14, 11:30
Sorry for the fail uploaded photos. This website is so @&$%%#^ I have almost tried everything ( use company computer / IPhone / URL / print screen ) but all failed, so have to use my old account in Toanya.cn to upload photos first then copy URL link in reply but still failed. Alright will try agin tonight by using my home computer

GE Purchaser
27-03-14, 12:58
May I know what is the email address of the developer?

Sure, here you go:

[email protected]

GE Purchaser
27-03-14, 21:57
still cannot successfully post the pictures even after resized it. alright, i give up. anyone interested could leave your email address i can send brochure photos to you

irisng
28-03-14, 08:16
still cannot successfully post the pictures even after resized it. alright, i give up. anyone interested could leave your email address i can send brochure photos to you

Try upload to your facebook, then copy and paste.

I always have problem in uploading my photos using the "manage attachments" below, but when I tried using the facebook to upload, it worked for me.

irisng
29-03-14, 09:07
wrong posting

GE Purchaser
03-04-14, 18:58
Just visited GE, glad to see the Drop off place is built in middle of ground floor. Although is not that" grand". But better than nothing. There are two lifts just close to security room. I beg that India security guy to go to 3rd floor take a look but was rejected firmly. the he told me last month TOP inspection was fail. The next inspection might be arranged by be end of this month. Meanwhile I saw a Chinese guy walked out of lift and After talked to him, understand
key has already arrived GE but might be able to collect in May

espeyap
03-04-14, 23:47
Just visited GE, glad to see the Drop off place is built in middle of ground floor. Although is not that" grand". But better than nothing. There are two lifts just close to security room. I beg that India security guy to go to 3rd floor take a look but was rejected firmly. the he told me last month TOP inspection was fail. The next inspection might be arranged by be end of this month. Meanwhile I saw a Chinese guy walked out of lift and After talked to him, understand
key has already arrived GE but might be able to collect in May

Oh, that is great. Before next inspection they should have cleared all the comment. Hopefully can TOP by May.

By the way, how many percentage of progress payment so far you have made to Macly ?

GE Purchaser
05-04-14, 17:17
Oh, that is great. Before next inspection they should have cleared all the comment. Hopefully can TOP by May.

By the way, how many percentage of progress payment so far you have made to Macly ?

Just 10% or 20%. Haven't yet received any letter for long time. How about you?

espeyap
05-04-14, 21:30
Just 10% or 20%. Haven't yet received any letter for long time. How about you?

So far including down payment total is 50%.
I expect to pay up to 85% very soon.

Coffeelemonine
18-04-14, 01:08
Keys on hand?

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/17686208/for-rent-guillemard-edge

espeyap
18-04-14, 15:47
Keys on hand?

No leh? Yours?

GE Purchaser
21-04-14, 10:51
Keys on hand?

Hoe come they got the key? Not fair!!! Understand TOP inspection hasn't yet been passed.

Btw, do h know what the ceiling height is? Looks not very high

Ericson79
23-04-14, 22:52
Thinking to buy a 1 bedder unit at GE. Any owner want to sell. Pm me. Thanks.

GE Purchaser
23-04-14, 23:09

Sorry mine is 2 bedder + home office. Also will
Not sale but for own stay, may I know why you like GE?

espeyap
23-04-14, 23:48

Many unit advertised on Propertyguru for sales. By the way, how much are you willing to pay ?

Ericson79
23-04-14, 23:49
Mainly due to its location. Easy to access to most of the places. :)

Coffeelemonine
30-04-14, 00:05
TOP application is in processing status. Submitted on 25 Apr 2014?

https://www.bca.gov.sg/eservice/ShowCDNew.aspx?Pro_Ref_No=A1276-00567-2011-BP01&APP_TYPE=BCA-TOP-APPLN

espeyap
01-05-14, 21:52
TOP application is in processing status. Submitted on 25 Apr 2014?

https://www.bca.gov.sg/eservice/ShowCDNew.aspx?Pro_Ref_No=A1276-00567-2011-BP01&APP_TYPE=BCA-TOP-APPLN

Yes, great. So all owners should expect collecting their key very very soon.

leesg123
02-05-14, 10:23
http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/4/5/a/1/45a11417365150_1_V550.jpg:eek::eek::eek:

siewsphone
02-05-14, 16:04
http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/4/5/a/1/45a11417365150_1_V550.jpg:eek::eek::eek:

There are a lot massage experts out there on the streets :cool:

JAFCO
04-05-14, 00:10
There is still pocket of prostitute house beside and opposite entrance of the condo.....one even can see a big number 3033....

Coffeelemonine
04-05-14, 11:43
Some agents have keys on hand?

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/17765447/for-rent-guillemard-edge

siewsphone
05-05-14, 00:02
Lets call the agents to have a look into the condo before TOP! :cool:

GE Purchaser
05-05-14, 07:50
There is still pocket of prostitute house beside and opposite entrance of the condo.....one even can see a big number 3033....

According to my agent, these prostitute shop need to renew their contract every 5 years, believe after more and more condo TOP and this area is converted to the residential area, sooner or later "3033" will be moved out as contract might be unable to be successfully extended if received too many resident complaint, unless "3033"own that land then Moh bian lah

GE Purchaser
05-05-14, 07:52
Lets call the agents to have a look into the condo before TOP! :cool:

I just checked the security guy last last week and they said no key has been distributed yet.

GE Purchaser
05-05-14, 07:55
Yes, great. So all owners should expect collecting their key very very soon.

Hope so as GSS is coming, the sooner keys on hand, the cheaper furnitures and electric appliances can be bought, haha

Coffeelemonine
05-05-14, 18:56
And PC Show 2014 is first week of June 2014

http://www.thepcshow.com.sg

Coffeelemonine
06-05-14, 21:25
Siewsphone, our GE's neighbor, hopefully Idyllic Suites will be TOP soon too. At least, you guys already received letter on car park payment

espeyap
06-05-14, 21:42
Siewsphone, our GE's neighbor, hopefully Idyllic Suites will be TOP soon too. At least, you guys already received letter on car park payment

If you check on BCA website, their TOP application was suspended.

siewsphone
09-05-14, 16:33
GE TOP application was suspended too :doh:

espeyap
11-05-14, 17:53
GE TOP application was suspended too :doh:

Ya, not sure what is the defect. So this May TOP seems not likely.

Mickang
17-05-14, 07:59
Do anyone receive any phone call from Yvonne that said the project had TOP. And she leave a number for call back, but the number belong to someone else

Coffeelemonine
17-05-14, 22:04
Received call from my agent. She said TOP will be in June or July, most probably.

siewsphone
23-05-14, 10:51
Congratulations to all my GE neighbors.... :cheers1:

A1276-00567-2011-BP01
BCA-TOP-APPLN APPROVED 22/05/2014 14:55:08

espeyap
23-05-14, 10:53

A1276-00567-2011-BP01

Great News.....

GE Purchaser
23-05-14, 11:44

A1276-00567-2011-BP01

Yeah! So happy! What a great news! You guys are so fast! Cannt wait to see my little apartment and facilities on 3rd floor. Anyone collected keys please do share with us here:)

Coffeelemonine
26-05-14, 20:38
Received email from my solicitor to prepare 2 cheques. One is for 6 months maintenance fee, and one for survey fee. Do we have to pay for this survey fee, or should be absorb by solicitor?

espeyap
26-05-14, 21:01
Received email from my solicitor to prepare 2 cheques. One is for 6 months maintenance fee, and one for survey fee. Do we have to pay for this survey fee, or should be absorb by solicitor?

Not very sure also. By the way how much is the maintenance fee?

espeyap
26-05-14, 21:07
Not very sure also. By the way how much is the maintenance fee?

Just check my Bank Loan agreement, the bank will subsidy up to SGD 750.
How much is your Valuation Fee?

GE Purchaser
27-05-14, 18:27

Haven't yet received from my solicitor believe will be soon, maintainable fee is $300 / month as per my purchase agreement. But never heard survey fee before!!?? How much is this survey fee? Weird. Can bank subside?

GE Purchaser
27-05-14, 18:33

Why should we pay survey fee? What kind of survey is it?

siewsphone
27-05-14, 18:40
Haven't yet received from my solicitor believe will be soon, maintainable fee is $300 / month as per my purchase agreement. But never heard survey fee before!!?? How much is this survey fee? Weird. Can bank subside?

$300? Quite high! For how many sqf? :eek:

GE Purchaser
27-05-14, 19:13
$300? Quite high! For how many sqf? :eek:

560sqf. Agree, quite expensive, not worth, $300 should be same for the range between 500 and 1000sqf. Anyway no choice better use facility all day haha joking

Coffeelemonine
27-05-14, 21:12
On the survey fees, as advised by solicitor, refer to Sales and Purchase agreement, page 8, item number 11.

aerobic
27-05-14, 23:27
On the survey fees, as advised by solicitor, refer to Sales and Purchase agreement, page 8, item number 11.

I think survey fee is to protect owners. Its to check that the developer's promised you xxx sqft and they delivered that xxx sqft to you.. there is a allowance, if they hit below that allowance, they have to compensate the buyer..

so its for the buyer's own benefit.. I don't the the bank or anyone will subsidize.

By the way, what's a waste of $ is the bank's requirement to valuate the property when you first take up the loan.. borrower has to pay and the property is not even built yet!!! how to valuate.. and the bank sometimes requires you to use their valuator, and usually they setup a company to do that.. so they just collect $ from you for doing nothing.

siewsphone
28-05-14, 11:06
Is it compulsory? Never heard my friend doing this last time when he moved in to a new condo.

I think survey fee is to protect owners. Its to check that the developer's promised you xxx sqft and they delivered that xxx sqft to you.. there is a allowance, if they hit below that allowance, they have to compensate the buyer..

so its for the buyer's own benefit.. I don't the the bank or anyone will subsidize.

By the way, what's a waste of $ is the bank's requirement to valuate the property when you first take up the loan.. borrower has to pay and the property is not even built yet!!! how to valuate.. and the bank sometimes requires you to use their valuator, and usually they setup a company to do that.. so they just collect $ from you for doing nothing.

aerobic
28-05-14, 21:03
Is it compulsory? Never heard my friend doing this last time when he moved in to a new condo.

My guess is that payment done at the beginning when he took the loan, mine was also paid upfront instead of at TOP

GE Purchaser
28-05-14, 23:06

My solicitor today called and told me same thing. need to prepare two cheques and I found the Clauses on page 8. Yeah, "Title Surveys", why I didn't see it at the beginning of purchase??? Still feel a bit confused, never heard such fee before. Hope amount will be not too high.

Quote***

The vendor must conduct or cause to be conducted all necessary title surveys relating to the subdivision of the building and Housing Projecy and to the production of conveyance plans for the purchase in respect of unit.

The vendor and purchase shall
Contribute in the following proportions to meet the expense (exclusive of goods and service tax):

Vendor: 50%

Purchaser: Blanche 50% which is equal to proportion the share value alloyed to the Unoy beta to the aggregate share value for the Housing project.

Goods and service tax charged by law on the supply of the surveyor' service.

Unquote***

landex
30-05-14, 21:22
My solicitor have asked that I prepare 2 cheques :

1. One is for 6 months maintenance fee of $960, and
2. Survey fee $660

espeyap
31-05-14, 00:00

2. Survey fee $660

Maintenance fee so low? 960 only for 6 mths? How much is per share?

landex
31-05-14, 09:05
$160/mth lor. my is 5 share, one bedder 441sf.

at $32 per share per mth x 1493 total shares = $47,776/mth or $573,312 per year. Is that enough to run the GE + sinking fund ?

siewsphone
31-05-14, 11:29
$160/mth lor. my is 5 share, one bedder 441sf.

at $32 per share per mth x 1493 total shares = $47,776/mth or $573,312 per year. Is that enough to run the GE + sinking fund ?

How come 560sqf need $300

landex
31-05-14, 14:06
Monthly fee goes by share value allocated to your unit, not by proportionate size of unit.

560sf is a 2bedder so my guess is your share value is 9 or 10.
At $32/share it be $32 x 9 = $288, if 10 share it be $320/mth

espeyap
31-05-14, 16:35
Monthly fee goes by share value allocated to your unit, not by proportionate size of unit.

560sf is a 2bedder so my guess is your share value is 9 or 10.
At $32/share it be $32 x 9 = $288, if 10 share it be $320/mth

My 1 bedder penthouse is 6 share, so I doubt 2 bedder is 10 share.

landex
31-05-14, 20:29
So your monthly fee is $192?
How about survey fee?

espeyap
31-05-14, 23:43
So your monthly fee is $192?
How about survey fee?

Survey fee not sure yet, not yet received the letter from my Lawyer.

landex
01-06-14, 10:18
Survey fee not sure yet, not yet received the letter from my Lawyer.

wonder if survey fee is prorate by share value or by size or same for all 1bedders.

GE Purchaser
02-06-14, 22:06
Dear all, received lawyer letter and it mentioned total $1152 for 6 month which means $192/ month. Haha, guess it is shared by size

GE Purchaser
02-06-14, 22:09
How come 560sqf need $300

My letter told me maintainable fee is $192/ month, guess $ 300 is wrong figure my agent calculated for me at the time when I purchased the unit

GE Purchaser
02-06-14, 22:11

2. Survey fee $660

I got the same survey fee as you - $660, mine is a 2 bedder @ 560 sqf

GE Purchaser
02-06-14, 22:14
Dear neighbors, do share with us when you are informed to collect the key:)

My lawer letter mentioned the key collection appointment will be arranged once cheques are successfully cashed in bank and balance outstanding loan amount are released by bank. And the letter left the PIC name & contact for particular floor for us to call and liaise with collection date:) sounds we can start decoration soonest within this month, great.....

landex
02-06-14, 22:28
Dear all, received lawyer letter and it mentioned total $1152 for 6 month which means $192/ month. Haha, guess it is shared by size

hmm so yours is 6 share. how much is your survey fee ?

espeyap
02-06-14, 23:07
hmm so yours is 6 share. how much is your survey fee ?

I think mostly is 5 share or 6 share. Big penthouse may be more.

landex
02-06-14, 23:09
I think mostly is 5 share or 6 share. Big penthouse may be more.

hmm, wonder how siewsphone ended up with $300 monthly maintenance fee :doh:

espeyap
02-06-14, 23:33
hmm, wonder how siewsphone ended up with $300 monthly maintenance fee :doh:

I think is GE Purchaser mentioned is 300 per month, and later she clarify is her mistake anyway.

siewsphone
03-06-14, 11:40
My letter told me maintainable fee is $192/ month, guess $ 300 is wrong figure my agent calculated for me at the time when I purchased the unit

$192 is very reasonable then

espeyap
03-06-14, 19:42
$192 is very reasonable then

Today just received letter from my lawyer stated mtn fee is 32 per share and Survey Fee is 660

Also notice some bigger penthouse is of 7 share value and Survey fee is 770.

The earliest date to collect my key is 12-Jun. Waiting for my bank to disburse the payment of 35%.

landex
03-06-14, 22:29
thanks all for clarification.

i should be able to post pics on Friday. :)

espeyap
03-06-14, 22:51
thanks all for clarification.

i should be able to post pics on Friday. :)

You will collect your key this friday?

Coffeelemonine
04-06-14, 01:06
Please share your photos after you collect your key this Friday. Thanks

GE Purchaser
04-06-14, 12:30

How do you know the exactly date to collect the key? I was not informed leh, 555555

landex
04-06-14, 19:18

Yes i will :p

landex
04-06-14, 19:20
How do you know the exactly date to collect the key? I was not informed leh, 555555

Once money paid and cleared u be given a date to collect keys

Coffeelemonine
04-06-14, 23:33
Landex, when did u submit ur cheques? Just wonder how long to take on the clearance