PDA

View Full Version : Presto @ Serangoon (Freehold 36 units)

price
02-04-12, 15:05
PROPOSED ERECTION OF A FIVE-STOREY WITH ATTIC PARTY WALL DEVELOPMENT COMPRISING OF RESIDENTIAL FLATS (TOTAL:36 UNITS) WITH SWIMMING POOL, GYM

Property Type : Apartment
Site Area : 6,301 sqf
Tenure: Freehold
Est Top: 31 Dec 2016 ( Legal 31 Dec 2019 )
No. of Storey: 5 storeys
No. of Units: 36 units
Carpark Lots : 36 lots & 1 Handicapped lot

Unit Mix
•1 bedroom: 420 - 452 sqft (7 units)
•1+Study : 420 - 484 sqft (20 units)
•2 bedroom: 785 – 915 sqft (9 units)

Facilities: Gym & Swimming Pool

Why buy this dev?
Freehold
About 5 mins walk to Serangoon MRT and NEX Mall
Rated one of the hottest location by Straits Times
Quality Workmanship and Branded interior finishes by Reputable Developer
Plenty of Eateries and other Amenities in the surrounding
Serangoon Stadium just mins walk away
Located in the Central Region District, travelling by MRT just 10-15mins to CBD and Orchard Road
Within 1km to Xinmin Pri and Xinghua Pri and Serangoon JC Also near to other good school like Rosyth, Hougang Pri, Montfort Junior, CHIJ, Holy Innocents and Paya Lebar Methodist Girls
High Capital appreciation and Rental Yield

02-04-12, 15:29
Going by its name it should be completed by 2013/2014 and not 2016.

ikan bilis
02-04-12, 16:22
36units... How much is the maintenance feee per month ??...

if each paying $300... altogether only ~$10K/month....

enough for pools, security guard, gardening, cleaning, estate manager etc etc??...

:D

price
02-04-12, 16:26

enough for pools, security guard, gardening, cleaning, estate manager etc etc??...

:D

Should be like those TK boutique projects, no guards no gardeners etc. only simple gate, tiny pool and a study room sized gym :D 6ksqft nia..

mygeemeel
02-04-12, 16:39
Should be like those TK boutique projects, no guards no gardeners etc. only simple gate, tiny pool and a study room sized gym :D 6ksqft nia..

Got duty roster. Every family will rotate to do guard duty. left right left right left left right.

Ricade
02-04-12, 17:08
Omg.. So small!

Won't be Surprised if some bloody rich guy jus buy over whole derlopment and turn it back into bungalow.. Lol..

hyenergix
02-04-12, 17:11
Facing landed wld b ok but cannot clear e landed roof. Less than 10min walk to MRT. Grd floor parking, I suspect partly mech parking too. Colorful metal facade.

ysyap
02-04-12, 17:40

:DMake that $350/mth but for a 2 bedder or a studio at $350/mth is simply too expensive... even $300/mth is on the high side! :scared-5: Will there be sinking fund?

ysyap
02-04-12, 17:46
Why buy this dev?
Freehold
About 5 mins walk to Serangoon MRT and NEX Mall
Rated one of the hottest location by Straits Times
Quality Workmanship and Branded interior finishes by Reputable Developer
Plenty of Eateries and other Amenities in the surrounding
Serangoon Stadium just mins walk away
Located in the Central Region District, travelling by MRT just 10-15mins to CBD and Orchard Road
Within 1km to Xinmin Pri and Xinghua Pri and Serangoon JC Also near to other good school like Rosyth, Hougang Pri, Montfort Junior, CHIJ, Holy Innocents and Paya Lebar Methodist Girls
High Capital appreciation and Rental YieldIf its within 1km from Xinmin Pri and SRJC, it should be decently near to Kovan MRT but its not mentioned here. Also, if its that near to SRJC, its probably not gonna be 5 mins walk to Serangoon MRT and NEX Mall. Even Casa Cambio is about 5 to 8 mins walk to NEX Mall. This project cannot be that near to Lim Tua Tow coz its 1km from SRJC. Hmmm... don't tally leh! :rolleyes:

price
02-04-12, 17:56
Make that $350/mth but for a 2 bedder or a studio at $350/mth is simply too expensive... even $300/mth is on the high side! :scared-5: Will there be sinking fund?

haha, same lor, 448@ east coast 1 bedder main fees around $330-350 a month ma

ysyap
02-04-12, 17:59
Just found out that this project is at 530 Upper Serangoon Road which is v near to The Yardley and The Sunshine. How did the agent even think about Xinmin Pri and SRJC??? :doh:

price
02-04-12, 18:01
Just found out that this project is at 530 Upper Serangoon Road which is v near to The Yardley and The Sunshine. How did the agent even think about Xinmin Pri and SRJC??? :doh:

haha, drove past the site. Super duper tiny plot of land! can barely fit a semi-D i think

ysyap
02-04-12, 18:09
haha, drove past the site. Super duper tiny plot of land! can barely fit a semi-D i thinkThus there are 36 mini units... I suspect there will be 2 blocks with a miserable swimming pool lor... :rolleyes:

hyenergix
02-04-12, 18:22
Thus there are 36 mini units... I suspect there will be 2 blocks with a miserable swimming pool lor... :rolleyes:

It seems one single block to me.

Dun buy those facing e road. The noise relects from e viaduct making e facing super noisy. $5xx k but dunno e size. Showroom looks ready for launch.

price
02-04-12, 18:23

Dun buy those facing e road. The noise relects from e viaduct making e facing super noisy. $5xx k but dunno e size. Showroom looks ready for launch.

size written ma. 420 sqft

hyenergix
02-04-12, 18:25
size written ma. 420 sqft

So prob ard $13xx psf onwards.

price
02-04-12, 18:29
So prob ard $13xx psf onwards.

They can't go too high. Casa Cambio's 1.39k psf is the benchmark. Unless they planning to go for slow sales. Ppl may still pay >$1.4kpsf

ysyap
02-04-12, 18:35

Dun buy those facing e road. The noise relects from e viaduct making e facing super noisy. $5xx k but dunno e size. Showroom looks ready for launch.Sound will be more pronounced from Upper Serangoon Road rather than the viaduct. The viaduct will probably only affect the penthouse units at level 5 or higher. I viewed units at The Sunshine in the past. The lower storeys are not that noisy. The higher storeys are quite bad from the noise from the viaduct. ;)

hyenergix
02-04-12, 19:21
Sound will be more pronounced from Upper Serangoon Road rather than the viaduct. The viaduct will probably only affect the penthouse units at level 5 or higher. I viewed units at The Sunshine in the past. The lower storeys are not that noisy. The higher storeys are quite bad from the noise from the viaduct. ;)

All units facing road r equally bad. I was there to listen to e noise.

ysyap
02-04-12, 22:41
All units facing road r equally bad. I was there to listen to e noise.The sound becomes more obvious at night when you are trying to go to sleep! Not sure the layout. If there are units facing inward, then these units will be hotter! :cheers1:

Mr.Keh
03-04-12, 18:57
Got duty roster. Every family will rotate to do guard duty. left right left right left left right.

good idea! cut costs and improve relationship with neighbors.

chrisop
04-04-12, 02:12
This is truly a super small piece of land! The showroom has been set up since last year but not launched.... Everyday when I passed by this place on my way to work, I would wonder how is a condo going to fit into this space?! Unless they are getting rid of the surrounding blocks as well? How would there be sufficient space to fit a carpark, let alone a pool?:beats-me-man:

price
04-04-12, 08:54
This is truly a super small piece of land! The showroom has been set up since last year but not launched.... Everyday when I passed by this place on my way to work, I would wonder how is a condo going to fit into this space?! Unless they are getting rid of the surrounding blocks as well? How would there be sufficient space to fit a carpark, let alone a pool?:beats-me-man:

haha maybe u should take a walk on telok kurau lorongs. So many of such developments already been built. U been missing out!

pool can be build on the top floor and parking can be solved by using mechanised system.

chrisop
04-04-12, 09:42
haha maybe u should take a walk on telok kurau lorongs. So many of such developments already been built. U been missing out!

pool can be build on the top floor and parking can be solved by using mechanised system.

Hehe I definitely have been missing out! :p

Amazing that even with mechanized system that they would have space for the cars. A bit hard for me to imagined how it is like although like you mention, it has been done for many condos in terok kurau. :o

This is quite a good location, pity the size.

price
04-04-12, 11:25

Amazing that even with mechanized system that they would have space for the cars. A bit hard for me to imagined how it is like although like you mention, it has been done for many condos in terok kurau. :o

This is quite a good location, pity the size.

You could go down to Geylang too! Most of the new 1900 units are built with mechanised parking system :D perhaps only the bigger ones like GE are with basement parking.

ysyap
04-04-12, 15:50

This is quite a good location, pity the size.So is such a mechanized system take forever to get to your car? What if the system breaks down that morning then everybody cannot go to work?

carbuncle
05-04-12, 21:25
So is such a mechanized system take forever to get to your car? What if the system breaks down that morning then everybody cannot go to work?
Drive too long liao dunno how to use ezlink or worse dont have one is it? .... Lol

carbuncle
05-04-12, 21:27
Going by its name it should be completed by 2013/2014 and not 2016.
Ya Faster buy and Faster sell after complete lol

ysyap
06-04-12, 06:53
Drive too long liao dunno how to use ezlink or worse dont have one is it? .... LolYup... but its not about taking bus or mrt to work. This is a problem that will not happen in other types of carpark so I'm questioning the reliability of the system, not the process of going to work. :doh:

price
12-04-12, 09:10
VVIP PREVIEW 20th April

Indicative Price
1 Bedroom Facing Upper Serangoon: From Mid $5xxK
1 Bedroom Facing Landed: From High $5xxK
Penthouse: Range from Low $8xxK to $1.0xmil

price
12-04-12, 09:15
another sell out by oxley? :scared-1:

chiaberry
12-04-12, 09:37
So is such a mechanized system take forever to get to your car? What if the system breaks down that morning then everybody cannot go to work?

Yeah TRAPPED in the car park. :beats-me-man: :beats-me-man: :beats-me-man:

ysyap
12-04-12, 10:00
another sell out by oxley? :scared-1:This is right at the main road... depending on the final layout of the plot, difficult to say will it be a fast take up or slow take up... but then again Singaporeans are strange buyers... may snap up just coz others are doing it... ;)

ysyap
12-04-12, 10:01
Yeah TRAPPED in the car park. :beats-me-man: :beats-me-man: :beats-me-man:So will there be compensation to loss of use of vehicles by management and sinking funds? Lol! :D

price
12-04-12, 10:27
So will there be compensation to loss of use of vehicles by management and sinking funds? Lol! :D

Haha, many projects these days are using mechanized parking system. Actually i feel with only 36 units, many will grab since they cite 5 mins to Nex

price
12-04-12, 10:53
http://www.huttonsgroup.com/images/brochures/Presto@Upper_Serangoon_Full.pdf

(http://www.huttonsgroup.com/images/brochures/Presto@Upper_Serangoon_Full.pdf)

I dont understand this. The road facing units, there's a colorful panel built in front of ur windows? :doh:

fclim
12-04-12, 11:51
Are they using Presto taps and bathroom fittings for this project? hehe.

carbuncle
12-04-12, 14:13

I dont understand this. The road facing units, there's a colorful panel built in front of ur windows? :doh:
all oxley projects shall have stained glass facade as mandated by the board which consists mainly of members from certain big church

ysyap
12-04-12, 14:21

I dont understand this. The road facing units, there's a colorful panel built in front of ur windows? :doh:Is this their feeble attempt to reduce noise pollution in the development? Lol! :cheers6:

hyenergix
12-04-12, 20:55
all oxley projects shall have stained glass facade as mandated by the board which consists mainly of members from certain big church

Most likely it is the noise barrier painted in bright colors to make it look better. It seems to be slight more expensive than the Suites @ Braddell nearby (launched mid last year) but some layouts are slightly better with the 1+1 configuration. But I don't like the EW facing.

carbuncle
12-04-12, 21:59
Most likely it is the noise barrier painted in bright colors to make it look better. It seems to be slight more expensive than the Suites @ Braddell nearby (launched mid last year) but some layouts are slightly better with the 1+1 configuration. But I don't like the EW facing.
Suites at Bradell too far to walk to Nex ba....

hyenergix
12-04-12, 22:10
One is 1km walk and the other is 650m walk. I wouldn't want to walk so long to a shopping mall because I don't think I can carry the shopping bags and walk so far back.

carbuncle
12-04-12, 22:28
One is 1km walk and the other is 650m walk. I wouldn't want to walk so long to a shopping mall because I don't think I can carry the shopping bags and walk so far back.
Theres this thing called cab... But wait kena white eyed by cabbie

hyenergix
12-04-12, 22:30
Theres this thing called cab... But wait kena white eyed by cabbie

Cab drivers are very haughty nowadays, especially during peak hours. I have seen many cab drivers blatantly ignored people who were desperately flagging for them.

13-04-12, 09:50
Can wait for seran court enbloc that one probably <500m from nex

19-04-12, 21:28
Past by and saw many cars, preview on today ??

ysyap
19-04-12, 22:00
Past by and saw many cars, preview on today ??Maybe its agents falling in for roll call... :)

price
19-04-12, 23:54
Sold out!? :jaw-dropping: :jaw-dropping:

d_p
21-04-12, 21:57

Yap heard 30 out of 36 units gone!!:doh:

hyenergix
21-04-12, 22:03
The last few boutique FH MM in tt area... V good response. At most one or two more n tt's it I suppose.

price
21-04-12, 22:18
The last few boutique FH MM in tt area... V good response. At most one or two more n tt's it I suppose.

i was waiting for this project to be launched but the maintenance fee is too crazy!

There's a vibe @ serangoon coming up? or is that a old project? saw it on the map

hyenergix
21-04-12, 22:25
i was waiting for this project to be launched but the maintenance fee is too crazy!

There's a vibe @ serangoon coming up? or is that a old project? saw it on the map

New. Right on e current showflat. They r building it now. I estimate launching in 2 months' time. Less congested than presto, as latter is sandwiched btw v old houses.

price
21-04-12, 22:46
New. Right on e current showflat. They r building it now. I estimate launching in 2 months' time. Less congested than presto, as latter is sandwiched btw v old houses.

The Vibes @ Serangoon is nearer to MRT too right? same developer?

hyenergix
21-04-12, 22:48

Yes, yes, same agents too.

fclim
21-04-12, 22:55

Of course wat. It's not called PRESTO for nothing. Double quick time. :D

price
21-04-12, 23:10
Yes, yes, same agents too.

haha wonder why the buyers dun wanna wait for this then. I und that vibes bigger!

Kanarazu
22-04-12, 00:12

Vibes is another 75m further away from Serangoon MRT.

price
22-04-12, 03:55
Vibes is another 75m further away from Serangoon MRT.

That's presto right? same showflat different plot.

hyenergix
22-04-12, 07:41
I was looking at other side i.e. Vibe is closer to Woodleigh MRT. Both MRT stations r abt 500m away. Vibe is better located as it is sitting on its own plot.

ysyap
22-04-12, 07:45
So the remaining 6 units will be snapped up today? Location is still king... not put off by the high psf... :sleep:

hyenergix
22-04-12, 07:48
The remaining units r w/o balconies or w/o study. Last few FH MM tt is affordable. Likely to b gone by next week.

Kanarazu
22-04-12, 09:28
That's presto right? same showflat different plot.

Yes I think so. Right at the end of the parallel side road.

Kanarazu
22-04-12, 09:51
I was looking at other side i.e. Vibe is closer to Woodleigh MRT. Both MRT stations r abt 500m away. Vibe is better located as it is sitting on its own plot.

Agree. Presto is flanked by a handful of shophouses on both sides, overall it appears to look like a botched attempt to enbloc the entire stretch of 9-10 shop houses. I'm curious whether Vibes will also look like Presto and Promenade @ Pelikat. 8

graveyard
22-04-12, 10:16
The remaining units r w/o balconies or w/o study. Last few FH MM tt is affordable. Likely to b gone by next week.

sorry lost touch with the news nowadays. has there been a trend of "disappearing" FH MM that was hitting the market only recently??:confused:

hyenergix
22-04-12, 20:39
sorry lost touch with the news nowadays. has there been a trend of "disappearing" FH MM that was hitting the market only recently??:confused:

There are much lesser launches of FH MM apartments compare to 1-3 years ago. However there are a lot more 99LH MM in condos, which are driving the recent sales to crazy levels.

Oxley's 1-bedder MMs around Upper Serangoon ($1300 psf) are relatively cheap compare to 18 Woodsville ($1800 psf), but the furnishings are a bit disappointing.

Given the very good response to the Presto, I think Vibe will be priced slightly higher. Hopefully there are some shops at the ground level http://www.propertylaunch.sg/Singapore-Property-New-Launch/VIBES-Upper-Serangoon.php (I'm not related to these agents but I like their website and e-brochures!)

price
22-04-12, 21:08
There are much lesser launches of FH MM apartments compare to 1-3 years ago. However there are a lot more 99LH MM in condos, which are driving the recent sales to crazy levels.

Oxley's 1-bedder MMs around Upper Serangoon ($1300 psf) are relatively cheap compare to 18 Woodsville ($1800 psf), but the furnishings are a bit disappointing.

Given the very good response to the Presto, I think Vibe will be priced slightly higher. Hopefully there are some shops at the ground level http://www.propertylaunch.sg/Singapore-Property-New-Launch/VIBES-Upper-Serangoon.php (I'm not related to these agents but I like their website and e-brochures!)
Yes, oxley's furnishing is inferior to FG/WCL's..

chrisop
23-04-12, 08:30

Ooh this plot of land for Vibes... until early this year, one of the shops used to sell coffins cos the land behind used to be a graveyard (25-30 years ago).

graveyard
23-04-12, 09:51
Ooh this plot of land for Vibes... until early this year, one of the shops used to sell coffins cos the land behind used to be a graveyard (25-30 years ago).

Someone calling me? :scared-1:

chrisop
23-04-12, 10:43
Someone calling me? :scared-1:

Haha you have chosen a really morbid nick. :scared-1:

graveyard
24-04-12, 12:32
Haha you have chosen a really morbid nick. :scared-1:

Haaa. its a tough choice btw this and "Grim Reaper", "Joe Black" and "Shinigami" !

ysyap
24-04-12, 12:38
Haaa. its a tough choice btw this and "Grim Reaper", "Joe Black" and "Shinigami" !Jack the reaper... :scared-3:

chrisop
24-04-12, 20:16
Jack the reaper... :scared-3:

Hehe jack the reaper is of a different category lor... He's a murderer, not god of death. :D