HORIZON RESIDENCES :scared-1:

$1,759 PSF IN JUN 2012 FOR A 861-SQFT UNIT @ The Seahill

$1,808 PSF IN DEC 2011 FOR A 398-SQFT UNIT @ Parc Imperial

rental for PI (psf pm)

2012Q2 6.06 6.85 7.03 15 contracts

West Coast / Pasir Panjang now anytime can fight D15 :p

hyenergix
11-08-12, 08:15
There are quite a lot of foreigners in west coast now. I believe more are gravitating over. Once the new condos near the west coast park are completed, we should see even more of them. Good because they will help to support rental and prices, bad because they will also push up prices of food and everyday stuffs across the board over there.

Wild Falcon
13-08-12, 21:34
West Coast has always been the low profile diam diam and laid back compared to its very loud and hao lian East Coast counterparts. Haha. PSF run so high liao, yet still humble and down-to-earth...

gn108
14-08-12, 09:50
agree ...Eastern more buzzy. Westie home more spread out.
Have you noticed that Westies (Clementi) are slimmer than their Easties (Siglap/Katong) brothers in general?

Wild Falcon
14-08-12, 14:06
Not sure about weight though. But westies definitely try less hard to look "yuppie". Cool in their own way. But prices in the west has definitely caught up or even exceeded east coast discreetly. While D15 needs a lot of MMs to push up PSF, west coast doesn't need that artificial push. Only drawback is no MRT buzz like the east coast.

agree ...Eastern more buzzy. Westie home more spread out.
Have you noticed that Westies (Clementi) are slimmer than their Easties (Siglap/Katong) brothers in general?

Poloclub
14-08-12, 15:46
Not sure about weight though. But westies definitely try less hard to look "yuppie". Cool in their own way. But prices in the west has definitely caught up or even exceeded east coast discreetly. While D15 needs a lot of MMs to push up PSF, west coast doesn't need that artificial push. Only drawback is no MRT buzz like the east coast.

I think eventually they will need to build some sort of circle line to support Jurong East Mrt. I am pretty sure that station is going to be overloaded when JLD is up and running.

phantom_opera
14-08-12, 15:51
as usual LTA is behind the curve by 10y

hyenergix
14-08-12, 17:17
The ball has started rolling faster for JLD:
http://www.todayonline.com/Business/EDC120814-0000118/CapitaLand-Group-to-relocate-to-Westgate-Tower-from-2015

Jonathan0503
14-08-12, 18:44

Really? D15 has big units costing more than $2Kpsf easily (Aalto, Meyer rise, silversea, etc). West coast have?

hyenergix
14-08-12, 20:18
Really? D15 has big units costing more than $2Kpsf easily (Aalto, Meyer rise, silversea, etc). West coast have?

It is okay to keep it that way. I don't wish to see any particular race dominates the area. D5 should be multinational.

Wild Falcon
14-08-12, 20:36
Meyer area is more like Keppel Bay area like Reflections (D3?). West Coast is further west at Clementi side liao leh.

I think Reflections prolly don't have as many Indians though. Meyer is like Little India.

Rysk
14-08-12, 22:02
Meyer area is more like Keppel Bay area like Reflections (D3?). West Coast is further west at Clementi side liao leh.

I think Reflections prolly don't have as many Indians though. Meyer is like Little India.

Ya! the far away West Coast.. is almost like D16 (not D15) on the west..
Unless take Sky Residences (D4), eventhrough is fringe of D5.. already transacted at $2kpsf

hyenergix
14-08-12, 22:19
For own stay, e rising psf of ur hse doesn't matter. Feeling good abt ur living environment is more impt.

gn108
15-08-12, 09:57
To be fair and comparable...I reckon D4 (Reflections/Foresta/Harbourside/Skyline) is location comparable to Amber/Meyer in D15.

Then D5 Island View/Flynn/Frangrance/Pepys Hill location comparable to maybe Katong/Telok Kurau/Ocean Park. Further up Pasir Panjang/Varsity Park/Blue Horizon maybe compare to Siglap/Upper East Coast Rd.

gn108
15-08-12, 10:00
Agree. But some pax just go for the address and then adapt themselves to the environment.

For own stay, e rising psf of ur hse doesn't matter. Feeling good abt ur living environment is more impt.

Rysk
15-08-12, 10:16
To be fair and comparable...I reckon D4 (Reflections/Foresta/Harbourside/Skyline) is location comparable to Amber/Meyer in D15.

Then D5 Island View/Flynn/Frangrance/Pepys Hill location comparable to maybe Katong/Telok Kurau/Ocean Park. Further up Pasir Panjang/Varsity Park/Blue Horizon maybe compare to Siglap/Upper East Coast Rd.
Seems like a reasonable comparsion..

Poloclub
27-08-12, 18:01
there is another show flat popping up right next to Sorrento. Anyone know which development?

hyenergix
29-08-12, 06:53
there is another show flat popping up right next to Sorrento. Anyone know which development?

No idea...west coast is getting crowded.

Jurong is quietly expanding its data centers:

http://sgentrepreneurs.com/2011/09/28/google-to-build-data-center-in-singapore/

http://www.datacenterdynamics.com/focus/archive/2011/07/digital-realty-reports-strong-leasing-jurong-data-center

There should be more hiring of mid-level executives and professionals over the next few years for this IT industry at this location. The growth potential for 2/3 bedroom condo tenants is there, but future supply of such condos is severely limited.

hyenergix
29-08-12, 07:01
Also adding a link here: http://www.datacenterdynamics.com/blogs/peter-hannaford/asia-pac-speeds&u=4897

I think something is brewing for data center in Singapore, and Jurong is poised to be the growth center. Go for condos ard JLD if you are an investor in property. It is one of the only few bright spots of residential properties in Singapore.

DC33_2008
29-08-12, 09:08
There will be more Indian nationals there. They may be renting HDB as their wives are usually homemakers to look after the children.

Ringo33
29-08-12, 11:06
No idea...west coast is getting crowded.

Jurong is quietly expanding its data centers:

http://sgentrepreneurs.com/2011/09/28/google-to-build-data-center-in-singapore/

http://www.datacenterdynamics.com/focus/archive/2011/07/digital-realty-reports-strong-leasing-jurong-data-center

There should be more hiring of mid-level executives and professionals over the next few years for this IT industry at this location. The growth potential for 2/3 bedroom condo tenants is there, but future supply of such condos is severely limited.

where is the site?

hyenergix
29-08-12, 21:14
where is the site?

I haven't been exploring that area in recent months due to work. My best guess is they should be slightly further out from Safra where there are empty plots.

Simi
30-08-12, 17:40

Wait until it has then you come over to buy lor :cheers6:

hyenergix
01-09-12, 06:13
There will be more Indian nationals there. They may be renting HDB as their wives are usually homemakers to look after the children.

As long as they integrate with the locals I'm fine. Some expatriates also prefer condos.

hyenergix
01-09-12, 06:14
Wait until it has then you come over to buy lor :cheers6:

I won't be surprised if the top floors of the Jurong East MRT new launch commands $2k psf, but prob it is not D5 though v near to it.

Ringo33
01-09-12, 07:59
I won't be surprised if the top floors of the Jurong East MRT new launch commands $2k psf, but prob it is not D5 though v near to it.

I honestly think MCL will not be in the hurry to launch this project and I reckon the best time to launch will probably be after completion of JEM in Q2 next year.

phantom_opera
01-09-12, 08:21

The next super prime :beats-me-man: