PDA

View Full Version : Seletar Mall to be completed end-2014

carbuncle
22-08-12, 11:00
Seletar Mall to be completed end-2014

Business Times: Wed, Aug 22

THE Seletar Mall, a new development by a 70:30 joint venture between Singapore Press Holdings (SPH) and United Engineers Limited (UEL), will be completed at the end of 2014.

The 99-year leasehold mall, located at the junction of Sengkang West Avenue and Fernvale Road, will have a gross floor area of 284,000 sq ft and a net lettable area of 188,000 sq ft, spread over four levels above ground and two basement levels.

Key anchor tenants include a cineplex on the fourth floor, a food court on the third floor, and a supermarket at the basement. The basement will also have about 390 parking spaces.

The Seletar Mall will be family-oriented and cater to existing and future residents staying in HDB flats, private condominiums and landed properties in the vicinity. There will be 730,000 residents and a working population of 47,000, including those from the upcoming Aerospace Park which will be ready next year, within five kilometres of the development.

The Seletar Mall will be connected to the Fernvale LRT, which is linked to the Sengkang MRT/LRT station and the Sengkang bus interchange. It is also located near expressways, including the Tampines Expressway and Central Expressway.

The SPH and UEL tie-up won the tender for the shopping centre site in January with a top bid of $328 million or $1,156 per sq ft per plot ratio.

Source: Business Times © Singapore Press Holdings Ltd. Reprinted with permission.

carbuncle
22-08-12, 11:05
I am beginning to believe that FEO has accurate insider channel on URA and SLA. Wherever they go, and I mean, WHEREVER, there is bound to be future UPSIDE. And usually they are the first mover in such locales (read The Greenwich, and then the recent AMBER GLADES thread).

Although not a fan of FEO, I officially proclaim now that

BUY FEO IF YOU WANT GUARANTEED CAPITAL GAIN OPPORTUNITY

buttercarp
22-08-12, 11:30
I am beginning to believe that FEO has accurate insider channel on URA and SLA. Wherever they go, and I mean, WHEREVER, there is bound to be future UPSIDE. And usually they are the first mover in such locales (read The Greenwich, and then the recent AMBER GLADES thread).

Wow.... will bear that in mind altho, i am too not a FEO fan.

Btw what will happen to the existing Fernvale Mall beside it?

carbuncle
22-08-12, 12:09
H2O Residents will be :cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

fclim
22-08-12, 12:30
I thought it was already in the Masterplan since 2008?
http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4443&stc=1&d=1345609731

phantom_opera
22-08-12, 12:46

Recently they lost the bid to UOL on Thomson plot :rolleyes:

22-08-12, 13:38
Wow.... will bear that in mind altho, i am too not a FEO fan.

Btw what will happen to the existing Fernvale Mall beside it?

Think that is only a temporary facility. it will be gone or maybe converted into carpark.

carbuncle
22-08-12, 13:51
I thought it was already in the Masterplan since 2008?
http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4443&stc=1&d=1345609731

Masterplan doesn't tell you WHEN things happen...

Komo
22-08-12, 14:12
Masterplan doesn't tell you WHEN things happen...
...until someone shows interests:D

kane
22-08-12, 18:16
Recently they lost the bid to UOL on Thomson plot :rolleyes:

They have lost 2 plots there. First to Cheung Kong, now to UOL.

solsys
22-08-12, 21:10
Here's the full article from SBR

SPH's Seletar Mall to be completed by end-2014

284,000-sqft mall to open in Sengkang West Avenue and Fernvale Road junction.

"The design intent is to create a friendly, comfortable and pleasant environment to encourage shoppers to spend longer quality time in the mall. This is achieved through the clarity of retail circulation and space planning both horizontally and vertically, creating interesting architectural spaces, the introduction of natural lighting and thoughtful material selection," said SPH in a release.

"The mall is positioned to cater to the convenience, lifestyle and dining needs of existing residents as well as those in the upcoming new residential developments in the vicinity, consisting of HDB Built-To-Order flats, private condominiums and landed properties at the Seletar estate. The new mall will enjoy a catchment (within 5 km) of 730,000 residents and a working population of 47,000, including the Aerospace Park, slated for completion in 2013," it said.

"The mall will have a gross floor area of 284,000 sq ft and net let table area of 188,000 sq ft, spread over four levels above ground, and two basement levels. The four- storey retail podium above the ground creates a less imposing building facade, and allows a friendlier suburban shopping experience. A variety of key anchor tenants are strategically planned to attract shoppers to various locations within the mall. These include a Cineplex on the 4th storey, a food court on the 3rd level, anchor retail shops at the 1st, 2nd and 3rd storey, and a good-sized supermarket at Basement 2," it added.

Providing more details, SPH said the unique triangular-shaped site with three corner nodal points allows entry from Fernvale LRT station, corner junction of Fernvale Road and Sengkang West Avenue, as well as Fernvale Road. All entrances direct pedestrians to a four-storey high atrium, serving as the central feature of the whole mall. Within this atrium is the main event space flanked at two ends by the escalators that connect to basement levels and upper floors.

"The retail planning is based on a wide single loaded retail corridor organised around the voluminous atrium space. This provides a simple and friendly shopping experience and also allows visual connectivity between floors. A large clerestory skylight perched above the atrium allows natural light to enter the mall, thereby ensuring a cheerful atmosphere throughout the day. The shopping floors recede from the 2nd storey to the 4th storey in a terracing manner, allowing a clear view of activities at the lower levels, and particularly, the main event space. Roof gardens outside the food court and the Cineplex offer an outdoor experience with views of lush greenery," it said.

About 390 car park lots are provided at Basements 3, 4 and 5. To ensure user friendliness, the driveway, ramp and car park lots are designed with widths wider than the norm.

Environmentally-sustainable design features and energy efficient mechanical and electrical systems are carefully selected such as high efficiency water cooled chiller plants, installation of LED lights within the mall, lift cars and escalators with sleep mode function, and carbon monoxide sensors in the carpark to regulate demand for mechanical ventilation. Non-potable water including rain water harvesting will be used for landscape irrigation and washing of some areas in the mall.

"The Seletar Mall is easily accessible to all shoppers - it is connected to the Fernvale Light Rail Transit (LRT) which is seamlessly linked to the Sengkang North East Line (NEL) MRT/LRT station and the Sengkang bus interchange. It is also located near expressways, including the Tampines Expressway and Central Expressway," SPH said.

kane
22-08-12, 22:03
H2O owners happy like bird.

Petertan123
23-08-12, 09:13
Anyone knows how to get more information on the mall ? such as site plan, price, etc...

Called UEL and SPH but seems no one has an idea.. Funny !

buttercarp
24-08-12, 14:07
https://p.twimg.com/A1Crw2SCMAA_YqN.jpg (https://twitter.com/ReikoTan1/status/238879635939667970/photo/1/large)

carbuncle
24-08-12, 14:12
OMG. really fast leg fast hand.

GForce
24-08-12, 18:06
Woo hoo this is great news !u
The whole sengkang only seletar mall got cineplex:cheers4: