a big mall in pasir ris will be flop. :doh:

benpunggol
06-09-13, 17:05
Bros and sis of pasir ris wat u think I say we need
One of those mega mall thing like jem or nex...we got
So many houses but no decent mall...I hope govt do something
Can integrate with the upcoming central region mrt line
Will be good:)

Look at Downtown east, many shops are struggling to survive.
Pasir Ris still do not have the crowd yet.

Allthepies
06-09-13, 17:46
Even yishun has big mall coming. ... I guess East side will forever be behind. ...

gav108
06-09-13, 17:54
that big mall is downtown east lor. what's the point of having so many of those ubiquitous and characterless malls everywhere? just expand tampines shopping area enough already. i'd rather pasir ris preserves its more seaside feel in concrete jungle singapore.

qystan
06-09-13, 18:13
Bros and sis of pasir ris wat u think I say we need
One of those mega mall thing like jem or nex...we got
So many houses but no decent mall...I hope govt do something
Can integrate with the upcoming central region mrt line
Will be good:)

Dont waste good space. Go elsewhere for your mall, I don't need the crowds and jams. A park or open field beats a mall hands down.

CondoWE
06-09-13, 18:16
I plan to shift from WEST to EAST is to relax hor...so I would rather they improve the seaside and the surrounding to more greenery than shopping mall but better if the new MRT station build near to JLD but not too close :D :D :D !

coolview
06-09-13, 18:21
Pasir Ris is like the middle forgotten child, both the older brother Tampines and Punngol the younger brother have so much more attention from the ah gong :(

Allthepies
06-09-13, 18:38
Pasir Ris is like the middle forgotten child, both the older brother Tampines and Punngol the younger brother have so much more attention from the ah gong :(

Apparently some preferred this way. ... so maybe ah gong is just following the wish of the pasir ris folks....

radha08
06-09-13, 19:01
kindly note in a couple of years time there would be at least 3000 to 4000 new homes being occupied as well as an international school with god know how many students people etc in pasir ris....while i personally DONT like the big malls and the kind of crowds and spillover they generate and i chose to live in pasir ris because of the peace and quiet it offer i think it is inevitable that sooner or later it will happen....but then again i could be wrong:)

Lets wait and see but i believe after seeing the news about yishuns sky high
bid for the integrated mall/condo...jurongs devt....wont be long before the eyes will focus on pasir ris:doh:...especially with the plans for T5 and all....:)

so till then let the TCSS flow....:D:D:D

radha08
06-09-13, 19:02
I plan to shift from WEST to EAST is to relax hor...so I would rather they improve the seaside and the surrounding to more greenery than shopping mall but better if the new MRT station build near to JLD but not too close :D :D :D !

welcome to the eastside bro i thought u renting ur apt :cheers1:

Adva181
06-09-13, 19:14
Already announced new interchange n mall at Tampines north near pasir ris.

3C
06-09-13, 20:50
Pasir Ris used to be serene, lots of greenery & peaceful. This is its uniqueness. Things began to change with many residential developments. Personally prefer the original environment. Just hope they forgot us.Doesn't matter no mall. Noisy and clouded. Don't mind once a while travel by train to tampines mall. Lets all the business remains in tampines & pungol. Those who doesn't like can shift over there. Really don't like all the gong gong noise.

Good house
06-09-13, 21:04
People started to realise the charm of Pasir Ris liao. A best kept secret of the locals for many years...;)

The low plot ratio, the spacious HDB, the good community

sherlock
06-09-13, 21:13
One mall cannot survive, as it can be seen why Tampines has 3. So end up all Pasir Ris-ians, Simei-rians all go to tampines to add to congestion

yesnomaybe
06-09-13, 21:37
That small forested area next to the downtown east open car park will probably be a mall in future...probably named eco-mall or something like that

CondoWE
06-09-13, 21:59
welcome to the eastside bro i thought u renting ur apt :cheers1:

hahahah...for resale pc, I rent out immediately after collect the key but new unit hor...usually I'll stay for a couple of years to enjoy the facilities and surrounding before rent out.......:D !

gav108
06-09-13, 22:16
That small forested area next to the downtown east open car park will probably be a mall in future...probably named eco-mall or something like that

nope. slated for residential. see ura master plan. another condo coming to congest jlb area.

yesnomaybe
06-09-13, 22:19
Issit ? Who's gonna start the big 6 in Pasir Ris thread then ?

gav108
06-09-13, 22:33
Issit ? Who's gonna start the big 6 in Pasir Ris thread then ?

better wait a bit. on the right of seastrand and ripple bay that huge chunk of land also slated for residential. after consolidating all together can probably hit big 10.

radha08
07-09-13, 00:57
hahahah...for resale pc, I rent out immediately after collect the key but new unit hor...usually I'll stay for a couple of years to enjoy the facilities and surrounding before rent out.......:D !

then i say again welcome to the east:cheers1::D

radha08
07-09-13, 05:33

hmm interesting

Komo
07-09-13, 07:56
Downdown east and E!hub are already very nice:D got lots of pretty girls :D:D even store assistant also wow :D:D:D

Good house
07-09-13, 09:02
Will it be a residential with mall below and MRT underground?:)

One BIG family at JLB:D

CondoWE
07-09-13, 11:06
then i say again welcome to the east:cheers1::D

TQ, TQ c u at 2016 and hopefully mid 2015...:D.

btw, North is my next target one...:cheers1:!

Sea Esta
07-09-13, 12:00
I thought NTUC has this big plan to revamp the entire Downtown East? Hopefully they build a bigger and nicer mall and a CIL MRT station below it. :D

radha08
07-09-13, 13:37
Whatever the case I am pretty sure in time to come something will come up

radha08
07-09-13, 18:15
TQ, TQ c u at 2016 and hopefully mid 2015...:D.

btw, North is my next target one...:cheers1:!

Ha ha good choice ...:D to buy north

Pro888
07-09-13, 18:21
Bro, seem like many dun support your idea in having a big mall in pasir ris. :D

radha08
07-09-13, 20:51
Bro, seem like many dun support your idea in having a big mall in pasir ris. :D

bro i LOVE peace i HATE crowds but i believe in time to come the arrow will point to pasir ris and something will spring up in the form of a big mall:rolleyes:

seriously in a few years time it is going to be VERY crowded here and be good if all the folks got somewhere to chill near home but like i said got also ok dont have also ok but frankly our VOICES are very small just heard in this forum:D

Big brother will make the call:cheers1::D

Good house
07-09-13, 21:04
bro i LOVE peace i HATE crowds but i believe in time to come the arrow will point to pasir ris and something will spring up in the form of a big mall:rolleyes:

seriously in a few years time it is going to be VERY crowded here and be good if all the folks got somewhere to chill near home but like i said got also ok dont have also ok but frankly our VOICES are very small just heard in this forum:D

Big brother will make the call:cheers1::D

Big Bro build Big Mall with Big 4 MRT station at Pasir Ris

radha08
08-09-13, 00:18
Big Bro build Big Mall with Big 4 MRT station at Pasir Ris

ha ha sounds like nursery rhyme:D

Eastboy
10-09-13, 14:31
Mall is useless. Tampines have so many crowded and low class malls already.

Pasir Ris neighborhood must differentiate itself from the rest...make it more ATAS....may i suggest.....Mangroves By The Bay.HAHAHA.

a lot of useless stuff(no offense) take up space there currently...like the stupid Sports Centre, Downtown East etc.

for me they should simply focus on resort living - conserve the parks and make it super exclusive, extend conservation areas and turn it into Mangroves by the Bay or something LOL

the govt keep on developing Punggol Waterfront etc....they should make Pasir Ris more exciting! Turn Pasir Ris into like a SUPER ECO GREEN NEIGHBORHOOD.

then everyone in PAsir Ris will huat because it is the greenest neighbourhood in SG. most liveable neighbourhood.

acosean
11-09-13, 11:40
If the 3rd causeway is indeed to be built from Johor to Changi, we at Pasir Ris will sure Huat!

DMCK
11-09-13, 12:08
If the 3rd causeway is indeed to be built from Johor to Changi, we at Pasir Ris will sure Huat!

i rather not, already planes flying around and another causeway, jam:banghead:

cornycow
12-09-13, 03:06
yea i rather no 3rd causeway or mega malls.

instead, downtown east should continue to flourish as a family/lifestyle hub. no mega malls pls.

allow pasir ris to retain it's tranquility and thus having its own niche.