PDA

View Full Version : M21 Residences (D11, Freehold, Fortune Capital Pte Ltd)

orange
18-07-07, 17:48
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/8055/m21buildingf237a1ge6.jpg

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/9343/m21sitef24a2flm5.jpg

Description:

Another exclusive development by the Fortune Group in the Prestigious district 11 ( Novena/ Balestier ) area within minutes to the City and the Prime shopping belt of the renown Orchard Road as well as the numerous eateries and lighting accessories / bath room fittings retail shops and the Shaw Plaza shopping centre nearby. Its convenience and coupled with the spacious ,efficient layout of the apartment units – its an obvious choice address for the aspiring few.

Address: 21 Mandalay Road

Tenure: Freehold

Site Area: 2,435.3sqm / 26,429 sqft

Type of Development:

An 18-storey residential apartment development with communal facilities

Number of Units: 61

Unit Area:

Type

Total units

Area ( Sqft )

1bdrm+study ( A / A1 )

14 / 1

710 / 743

2bdrm+study ( B / B1 )

14 / 1

1,066 / 1,206

3bdrm+study ( C / C1/ P3 )

14 / 1 / 1

1,346 /1,453 / 2,347

4bdrm+study ( D / P1 /P2 )

13 / 1 / 1

1,755 / 3,175 / 3,025

Facilities:

Lap Pool with infinity edge Jacuzzi pool / Children’s Pool / Children’s playground / Club house with function room and Gymnasium – all on 2nd level sky terrace

Floor Finishes:

Compressed Marble – Living/Dining Room/Study room Floor Finishes Marble tiles – Master bathroom Tasmanian Oak - Bedrooms Homogeneous / Ceramic tiles – Kitchen/ common bathroom

Other Information: Estimated TOP 1st April 2012

Unregistered
28-03-08, 17:24
wat's the launching price-psf. anymore unit avail..? can foreigner buy?

M21
02-06-08, 17:20
wat's the launching price-psf. anymore unit avail..? can foreigner buy?

This whole block was sold to one foreigner inventment company with average price around 1500psf in last year/.

If you like this project only, then you should wait for sub-sale unit, but,,
you can find other bether condos near there..

Newbie Homebuyer
06-08-08, 12:19
think that foreigner losing $ now if he bought at 1500 psf... wondering what he intends to do with so many units..

jencrs
29-07-10, 18:01
Hello ppl,

sorry to dig up an old thread, but I'd like to hear what you all think about this project.

A friend is thinking of purchasing a unit at M21, #12-01, 2+1 bdrm with floor area of 1066 sqft, quantum is about $1.476M, so that's about 1385 psf.

There's already a tenant living there so got instant income, was told the monthly rental for that unit is about $4.5k.

Apparently a foreign investment company is selling it at a loss.

I've got my own opinion, but I'd appreciate it if I could hear from you guys first. Thanks.

devilplate
29-07-10, 19:37
Hello ppl,

sorry to dig up an old thread, but I'd like to hear what you all think about this project.

A friend is thinking of purchasing a unit at M21, #12-01, 2+1 bdrm with floor area of 1066 sqft, quantum is about $1.476M, so that's about 1385 psf.

There's already a tenant living there so got instant income, was told the monthly rental for that unit is about $4.5k.

I've got my own opinion, but I'd appreciate it if I could hear from you guys first. Thanks.

can get better price at pavilion 11 now or montebleu 2bedder 850sqft type? i personally prefer P11 over this project in terms of view and overall project attractiveness....there is one small project D ixoras i tink still got 2bedder selling ard 1200psf...check out other options yay..:D

still got 1+study selling at M21? if yes...den not bad coz i remember the facing for 1+study is much better den the 2bedder in M21...was tempted to get one few mths back but cannot get the price i want:(

by the way, 4.5k for a 2bedder at M21 is very high....u may not get back the same rental later on...conservatively shd be 3.8k-4k

Rysk
29-07-10, 21:03
Hello ppl,

If you have budget close to $1.4M, go for the highest possible flr 2-bdrm at P11.. you have the million dollar view.
Height of M21 #12 is eqivalent to P11 #05 only

jencrs
29-07-10, 23:27
Thanks guys.

I should have added that while my friend is happy with an existing tenant and he already has another place to stay in, he would like the option to be able to move into the next thing he buys some time in the future. So it's a little mix of the self stay and investment mentality. Ya I know..... haha.

For Montebleu, I prefer it over M21, but my friend doesn't like it for some reason. D'Ixoras was not considered mainly because of the mechanical carpark. Pavillion 11, an appt will be made to view, and I will tag along of course to kaypoh. Not sure if any of the 1+study is available, my friend's priority were the 2 bdrms. But I will check it out since you mentioned it.

Anyway, P11 sounds pretty popular, will impress that upon my friend.

The M21 subsale is moving reallly slowly according to the caveats lodged tho. Is there any big flaw with the project itself, it's location etc?

devilplate
30-07-10, 11:39
Thanks guys.

I should have added that while my friend is happy with an existing tenant and he already has another place to stay in, he would like the option to be able to move into the next thing he buys some time in the future. So it's a little mix of the self stay and investment mentality. Ya I know..... haha.

For Montebleu, I prefer it over M21, but my friend doesn't like it for some reason. D'Ixoras was not considered mainly because of the mechanical carpark. Pavillion 11, an appt will be made to view, and I will tag along of course to kaypoh. Not sure if any of the 1+study is available, my friend's priority were the 2 bdrms. But I will check it out since you mentioned it.

Anyway, P11 sounds pretty popular, will impress that upon my friend.

The M21 subsale is moving reallly slowly according to the caveats lodged tho. Is there any big flaw with the project itself, it's location etc?

biggest flaw of M21 is the pricing....if pricing is attractive..i wud hf bot a 1+study unit there oredi...selling similar or even higher psf compared with big brothers like P11 and montebleu when i am looking at it:tsk-tsk:

but since P11 and montebleu prices oredi hit 13xxpsf now....M21 1+study worth considering oredi if there is still available units and if prices stay the same as 13xxpsf

jencrs
13-08-10, 20:39
12th flr 2 bdrm unit at about 1357psf. Unit's 1066 sqft i think.

What do you guys think of the price?

Rysk
14-08-10, 09:30
12th flr 2 bdrm unit at about 1357psf. Unit's 1066 sqft i think.

What do you guys think of the price?

12th flr of M21 is equivalent P11 7th flr..
7th flr for P11 unit is consider low flr liao.. a 958sf unit there shld be transacted ard +/-1200psf for low flr unit

So wat do you think..

jencrs
14-08-10, 15:57
Well, I asked my friend to have a look, he's the one buying, but for some reason he preferred M21. He prefers a smaller development.

So, he has offered the price I put down earlier for that 12th flr unit. Initially, seller was asking for about 30k more I think.

DKSG
15-08-10, 10:27
A random lawyer friend of mine mentioned in passing that M21 is build right next to a a ex-mortuary. I dont have the means to find out of this is true.

I believe there are history experts here.

Anyone can confirm whether its true that the area next to M21 (not sure which side) used to be a mortuary ?

DKSG

e_kway
15-08-10, 21:31
Hi (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=9157) do you happen to know how much is the monthly maintence fee for M21?

DKSG
15-08-10, 23:49
Hi (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=9157) do you happen to know how much is the monthly maintence fee for M21?
Shldnt be much, considering a small pool, not much facilities, single security guard. I shld think a 2BR shld cost more than $250 pm ?

U can call and ask the agent there for confirm.

But more important, you shld wait for the answer to my previous question abt the M.

jencrs
16-08-10, 19:28
Was told that it's $220 for the 2+1, which I think is quite cheap considering they even have a security guard.

No idea about the mortuary. Would be interesting to know.

chweegrace
16-08-10, 21:29
A random lawyer friend of mine mentioned in passing that M21 is build right next to a a ex-mortuary. I dont have the means to find out of this is true.

I believe there are history experts here.

Anyone can confirm whether its true that the area next to M21 (not sure which side) used to be a mortuary ?

DKSG

i heard from my friend who used to live around here when she was young. think now she should in her early 50s. she did casually mention about what your friennd said too around that the ex -mortuary around that m21 one area but which side of m21 i dunno. didnt really pay attention cos she just point it out from the balcony of my place .may have to ask her again.

sleek
16-08-10, 22:00
Think the former TTSH Mortuary was beside the National Skin Center, before its moved to the current location opposite the U/C Parkway Medical Center. :beats-me-man:

DKSG
17-08-10, 00:13
I think we shld patiently wait for Grace to seek the knowledge of her friend.

Maybe its Morturary 21 ?!

jencrs
17-08-10, 00:26
Just heard from a fairly reliable source ie my friend's aunt who worked in TTSH for 3-4 decades, that M21 is practically built on top of where the mortuary used to be.

Apparently she even described where they wheeled the bodies in, where they kept the more mangled bodies for identification, and that even after they demolished the place people could still hear crying coming from the area:scared-1:

I didn't speak to her myself though. My friend's thinking of forfeiting his 1% now. Damn, how does one find out about these things without having to ask exactly the right person? I tried to google it to find something black and white but came up with nothing.

jlrx
17-08-10, 00:32
Luckily C.K.Tang did not think this way and forfeit his $10,000, otherwise his descendants will not have that valuable piece of land at the corner of Orchard Road.

In 1958, Tang bought a 1,351-square metre piece of land at the corner of Orchard Road and Scotts Road at a cost of S$10,000 to further his vision of expanding his business. Although the site faced the Tai San Ting Cemetery, he felt that it had commercial value as many British housewives in the Tanglin area could stop by on their way to the city. The decision was made against the advice of fellow businessmen who thought Orchard Road was unfashionable then. Years later, when the Singapore Government designated and developed Orchard Road as a prime shopping and tourist district, the price of land soared from S$3 per m˛ to S$6,000 per m˛.

I wonder whether people hear any crying when they shop at Tangs?

hyenergix
17-08-10, 06:15
Luckily C.K.Tang did not think this way and forfeit his $10,000, otherwise his descendants will not have that valuable piece of land at the corner of Orchard Road.

I wonder whether people hear any crying when they shop at Tangs?

Mortuary is not equal to cemetery. Chinese cemetery is at an auspicious burial site. If properly exhumed, the former cemetery land should bring wealth.