PDA

View Full Version : EC still remain attractive after new EC cooling measures?

Strata
14-12-13, 08:41
Would like to hear your views.

-Will EC still remain attractive?
-Will Private condo will benefits from new EC cooling measures?
-What would be the property trend like for 2014 and ahead?

RCT
14-12-13, 08:52
Would like to hear your views.

-Will EC still remain attractive?
-Will Private condo will benefits from new EC cooling measures?
-What would be the property trend like for 2014 and ahead?

My view is EC will remain attractive if the price is low as now you cannot afford it if it is too expensive. But now it will benefit those people with strong family backing now.

I don't think private condo will benefit much from EC cooling measure as you will have the same restriction in private condo. If one cannot get EC with the restriction, he cannot get the private condo with the same restriction also.

sillyme
14-12-13, 09:20
My view is EC will remain attractive if the price is low as now you cannot afford it if it is too expensive. But now it will benefit those people with strong family backing now.

I don't think private condo will benefit much from EC cooling measure as you will have the same restriction in private condo. If one cannot get EC with the restriction, he cannot get the private condo with the same restriction also.

how about loan wise? EC is now restricted to 30% of gross salary while loan for private property can borrow up to about 60% (TDSR).

玉格格
14-12-13, 12:06
I feel pc will be more attractive den ec now.
if u buy pc, u can loan more n dun nid to pay resale levy.

ascend88
14-12-13, 14:32
Have to pay levy and still have to dispose existing Hdb ... Not attractive ...

ascend88
14-12-13, 14:33
For 1 timers .. Ok .. Maybe that's the objective

DC33_2008
14-12-13, 15:02
It really depends where is the EC and pricing of it compared to the nearby PCs. Some may still be attractive. One will have do a SWOT analysis with the time dimension.:)

NO_7
14-12-13, 19:13
A 20% price cut come with homo finishing, no fridge n washer, small plot size, many units, small facade, mcp, railing balcony, big unit, normal door lock, small function room, OCR location with walkable distance to MRT for some, MOP and ofcourse MSR.
Good deal for a young couple with grant, no ABSD, no LTV restriction.
In fact these 2 years new launches PC are providing the same standard to an EC.

newbie11
14-12-13, 19:32
Note ec msr is for new launch, direct from developers.