PDA

View Full Version : Thomson 800 (D11, Freehold, Property Enterprises Development Pte Ltd)

CRViper
05-01-14, 13:14
Source: http://www.thomson800.com.sg/

Description:
Thomson 800 is a freehold 390-unit development sitting on 353,000 square foot hillock overlooking the tranquil waters of MacRitchie Reservoir. Featuring a mix of luxurious three, four-room apartments and penthouses, Thomson 800 is an enviable address that matches its outstanding District 11 location

Thomson 800 was Mr Li Ka-Shing's maiden project in Singapore and premium materials were used in the construction.

Tenture: Freehold
District: 11
Market Segment: CCR
Total Units: 390
Completion Year: 2000
Developer: Property Enterprises Development Pte Ltd
Nearest MRT station: Caldecott MRT

Unit Types:
3 Bed room: 1399sqft - 1625sqft
Penthouse: 3756sqft - 5791sqft

CRViper
05-01-14, 13:54
Was reading through and found that there isnt much resources to be found online abt this development. Hopefully any discussions abt this can benefit future pple who wants to look this up info abt this condo :)

Currently roughly 600meter sq of the development was affected by the land acquisition act for the construction of the new North-South Highway. Didnt find any info online from googling what sort of compensation will residents staying there get from SLA.

When I visited the development there, I can say for a development thats completed in year 2000 is relatively well maintain for it's pool and landscaping, the lift lobby area though it still retain it's "hotel/resort" look but signs of aging can be noted around.

august
05-01-14, 17:16
Source: http://www.thomson800.com.sg/

Description:
Thomson 800 is a freehold 390-unit development sitting on 353,000 square foot hillock overlooking the tranquil waters of MacRitchie Reservoir. Featuring a mix of luxurious three, four-room apartments and penthouses, Thomson 800 is an enviable address that matches its outstanding District 11 location

Thomson 800 was Mr Li Ka-Shing's maiden project in Singapore and premium materials were used in the construction.

Tenture: Freehold
District: 11
Market Segment: CCR
Total Units: 390
Completion Year: 2000
Developer: Property Enterprises Development Pte Ltd
Nearest MRT station: Caldecott MRT

Unit Types:
3 Bed room: 1399sqft - 1625sqft
Penthouse: 3756sqft - 5791sqft

RCR, not CCR.

CRViper
05-01-14, 18:35
RCR, not CCR.

Strange.. under URA website for "Private Residential Property Transactions with Caveats Lodged" they listed it under CCR?
:beats-me-man:

mantrix
06-01-14, 05:43
visited it once, quite a walk from MRT. A lot of ups and downs and yes, it is aging. No facilities nearby (unless if you count Mt Alvernia hosp)

CRViper
29-01-14, 08:42
visited it once, quite a walk from MRT. A lot of ups and downs and yes, it is aging. No facilities nearby (unless if you count Mt Alvernia hosp)

Yep prices of this development didn't really moved up as much as what other CCR development most prob is due to this reason too..

For folks who believes in Feng Shui also will avoid this due to being so near a hospital and also being built beside a highway

clemdale24
29-01-14, 09:11
Yep prices of this development didn't really moved up as much as what other CCR development most prob is due to this reason too..

For folks who believes in Feng Shui also will avoid this due to being so near a hospital and also being built beside a highway

so u mean condo beside hospital is no good? then how about those in novena next to tan tock seng? and ringo's favourite JG next to the upcoming hospital in jurong?

CRViper
29-01-14, 12:44
so u mean condo beside hospital is no good? then how about those in novena next to tan tock seng? and ringo's favourite JG next to the upcoming hospital in jurong?

Well I'm just stating that for folks who places emphasis on feng shui would not favor such developments. Of cos for the younger generation who aren't superstitious will not see that being an issue. Just a matter of preference I guess?

However nearby T800 at Toa Payoh rise there got new BTO being built now, if the BTO also include some hawker or small shops to sell simple groceries might add some plus points to developments near the area

clemdale24
29-01-14, 15:22
Well I'm just stating that for folks who places emphasis on feng shui would not favor such developments. Of cos for the younger generation who aren't superstitious will not see that being an issue. Just a matter of preference I guess?

However nearby T800 at Toa Payoh rise there got new BTO being built now, if the BTO also include some hawker or small shops to sell simple groceries might add some plus points to developments near the area

i was just asking; sorry i sounded rude. im not familiar with the area, but from what i can see on the map it looks rather ulu with not much amentities around it. No walkable MRT station nearby too. though its considered D11, its possibly in the most undesirable section of the district.

iridrium
29-01-14, 16:16
i was just asking; sorry i sounded rude. im not familiar with the area, but from what i can see on the map it looks rather ulu with not much amentities around it. No walkable MRT station nearby too. though its considered D11, its possibly in the most undesirable section of the district.

Can walk to Caldecott station and easily access to MacRitchie for morning/evening walks.

CRViper
29-01-14, 20:19

No worries lol it's all just friendly discussion. You are right that it's rather ulu and the lack of nearby amentities is indeed 1 of the bad points abt this estate.

Caldecott MRT though is within walkable distance but it's not the usual "5mins walk" judging frm google map.
Agents on propertyguru always advertise this as a place for "nature loving folks who likes a view of the reservoir" which indirectly translate to it being in a quiet area without much amentities within walking distance.

clemdale24
01-02-14, 22:07
had a look at onemap. indeed actually caldecott station looks to be within walkable distance. what makes its "not the usual 5min walk"?