PDA

View Full Version : Symphony Suites by EL Development

propertyreview
03-09-14, 01:23
EL Development came in top bid of $278,800,000 for a new residential site located at Yishun Avenue 9. This site could potential yield 600+ residential unit. Analyst predict a break even price of $925 to 940 psf and expected the selling price to be at least $1,000psf. The new development Symphony Suites (http://www.symphony-suites.net/) is likely to launch closer to end of 2014.

The second highest bidder is from Sekisui House, FCL Topaz and Tannery Holdings that form a consortium with a top bid of $273.1m

Another new development currently selling by CEL, Nine Residences, had sold about 70% of its residential units. This is a new mixed development @ yishun too that consists of commercial retail shops and residential units with communal units.

With the upcoming Northpoint City that set to transform Yishun, will this be a good buy?

kaedenong
28-11-14, 17:15
Quick Updates for Symphony Suites (http://allpropertylaunches.sg/symphony-suites/) @ Yishun:

===Preliminary Symphony Suites (http://allpropertylaunches.sg/symphony-suites/) Details:===

Developer: EL Development (Yishun) Pte Ltd
Site Area/ Plot Ratio: 20 553.8 sq m / 2.8
Total Units: 660
Tenure: 99 years
Description: 11 blocks of 15 storey condominium development with 2 level of basement car park.
Expected TOP: 31 March 2019
Total No. Car parks: 672 parking lots

Symphony Suites Unit Mixed Distribution:
2Bedroom (180 units): 650 – 700 sqft
3Bedroom Compact (180 units): 775 – 825 sqft
3Bedroom Premium (150 units): 900 – 950 sqft
4Bedroom (150 units): 1000 to 1050 sqft

For more information, please contact Kaeden @ 9048 0660.

Cheerios

johnoon
02-12-14, 19:58
Information on Symphony Suites here :
http://newlaunch-sgcondo.com/symphony-suites-condo/
I will post Floor Plans up once it is out.
Need more info please contact me.

5littlecow
31-01-15, 12:17
Heard they are launching today , anyone at the showflat launch can update how's the response like ?

azeoprop
01-02-15, 21:08
Full brochure here http://www.symphonysuites.com.sg/

Looks very minimal in design and ulu factor is maximum. Price not really that attractive.

gnomish
01-02-15, 21:31
3 bedder premium still smaller than a bto 4-rm flat!

Property insights
01-02-15, 22:25
If you look at the specs, what jumps out at me are the following

1) the units are aligned such that the blocks face each other head on, almost total lack of privacy, especially with full length windows

2) living and dining rooms are lined with homogenous and ceramic tiles

3) too many units packed in a small land area, coupled with units without balconies.

I think it is going to be a hard sell.

august
01-02-15, 22:27
If you look at the specs, what jumps out at me are the following

1) the units are aligned such that the blocks face each other head on, almost total lack of privacy, especially with full length windows

2) living and dining rooms are lined with homogenous and ceramic tiles

3) too many units packed in a small land area, coupled with units without balconies.

I think it is going to be a hard sell.

These suburban condos are targeted towards HDB upgraders.

gnomish
01-02-15, 22:55
Better off staying in a hdb near a swimming pool and save 500k

azeoprop
01-02-15, 23:13
strange that the ground floor units don't have pes also.

5littlecow
01-02-15, 23:26
Any news on the sales figures ?

azeoprop
02-02-15, 06:36
Better off staying in a hdb near a swimming pool and save 500k

Stay beside safra best haa haa.

MrTan
04-02-15, 08:47
strange that the ground floor units don't have pes also.

"EL Development managing director Lim Yew Soon said the project's prices of $671,000 to $1.1 million were kept affordable as it reduced the total saleable area by not having "private enclosed spaces" such as balconies."

Any news on the sales figures ?

"The 660-unit project, touted by market watchers as the cheapest condominium on the market, saw 56 units sold at its preview over the weekend at an average price of $1,000 per sq ft (psf)."

http://mypaper.sg/top-stories/fewer-frills-keep-home-buyers-coming-20150204

"Units at the nearby Nine Residences were sold for a median of $1,196 psf last month." - hhhmmm... what it never mentioned is that all these units are high floor units.

azeoprop
05-02-15, 17:25
800 to 900 psf would be a better pricing given the budget design layout and ulu location.

MrTan
05-02-15, 20:33
800 to 900 psf would be a better pricing given the budget design layout and ulu location.

That's why it's moving slowly. I would say north park residences is the one to watch out for.

azeoprop
06-02-15, 22:00
Yah, be it for own stay or for investment, northpark residences will be the gem of Yishun.

MrTan
07-02-15, 22:10
Yah, be it for own stay or for investment, northpark residences will be the gem of Yishun.

Gem? Hhhmmm... Maybe.

Affordability? Hdb upgraders will have to think very hard very long lor...

Apohosis
20-02-15, 09:11
Any updates on the sales figures for symphony suites ?

MrTan
25-02-15, 11:32
Any updates on the sales figures for symphony suites ?

i interested to know too...

initial report said 56 units were sold...
http://mypaper.sg/top-stories/fewer-frills-keep-home-buyers-coming-20150204

later report said 54 units were sold...
http://www.straitstimes.com/news/business/property/story/singapore-new-home-sales-pick-january-developers-launch-more-projects-2
http://www.todayonline.com/business/new-home-sales-rise-january-volume-remains-low

i wonder what happen to the 2 units...

azeoprop
15-03-15, 07:45
Potential project for lelong sales next time.

Wendywendy
15-03-15, 08:13
Potential project for lelong sales next time.

It's actually doing well. I heard. So maybe not :)

MrTan
15-03-15, 09:24
It's actually doing well. I heard. So maybe not :)

Thanks to NPR!!! Thanks to frasers for bidding so high!!! hehehe... :)

gnomish
14-04-15, 08:48
This hdb lookalike with a pool sold 2 units over the weekend i read

MrTan
14-04-15, 09:02
This hdb lookalike with a pool sold 2 units over the weekend i read

Read from where? I not surprised though. Npr spillover effect I presume. :)

MrTan
15-04-15, 18:39
Based on URA website, out of total 660 units, 180 were launched. Number of units sold in...

Jan 15 = 54 (8% of total / 30% of launched)
(Returned unit - 1)
Feb 15 = 18 (3% / 10%)
(Returned unit - 2)
Mar 15 = 20 (3% / 11%)
2015 Q1 subtotal = 89 (13% / 49%)

azeoprop
16-04-15, 19:33
800psf or less then will consider. Maybe next time the units rent out as hostel to foreign workers, layout can easily partition more bedrooms from the living and dining.

MrTan
17-04-15, 11:07
800psf or less then will consider. Maybe next time the units rent out as hostel to foreign workers, layout can easily partition more bedrooms from the living and dining.

Land is 450psf. Add in construction, land financing, professional/legal/taxes and marketing/others => breakeven is estimated at 855psf ppr. 800psf maybe can get the new ECs at yishun / canberra / sembawang / woodlands areas lah.

MrTan
14-05-15, 11:26
By the same developer...

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/500-dbss-flat-buyers-up/1846220.html

SINGAPORE
500 DBSS flat-buyers up in arms over finished product
TODAY reports: Damaged sanitary pipes and scratched floor tiles are among some of problems faced by residents at Trivelis.

By Laura Elizabeth Philomin, TODAY
POSTED: 14 May 2015 07:47

SINGAPORE: His Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) flat was supposed to be of a higher design quality than a regular public housing unit, but Mr Andy Tan told TODAY he found his three-room unit at Trivelis in Clementi a “total disappointment”.

Two sanitary pipes and a water heater, which were not depicted in the project’s showflats, were exposed and clearly visible in his kitchen, Mr Tan said. The living room floor tiles were scratched, and even after replacing a few of them, contractors were unable to polish out the scratches on the remaining tiles.

Mr Tan is among nearly 500 Trivelis residents who are up in arms over various problems with the development, such as shattered shower glass panels and narrow common corridors that are prone to flooding. Most of the residents were issued their keys in January.

A group of residents, who come from almost half of the 888 units that make up the project, have formed a committee to present their concerns to the developer, EL Development (ELD), and other relevant authorities.

In a circular to residents, which was received by TODAY on Wednesday (May 13), the committee listed other problems that residents have faced, such as kitchen cabinet dimensions that do not allow for a standard-sized oven to be fitted, pole-system wardrobes that lack shelves, defective stove knobs, stain-prone kitchen countertops and rusty dish racks.

The committee has accused ELD of being slow to respond to their emails and refusing the team’s request to meet the managing director in person. “When the committee met (the managing director’s) representatives on April 12, (they said) ELD’s position remained that ELD’s designs and building works are cleared by the relevant authorities and (they) meet all minimum (requirements). It is, therefore, not obligated to entertain our requests for redress,” the committee said in its circular.

The committee, which has also been recognised as a pro tem Residents’ Committee since March, is organising a second dialogue session Friday evening to update Trivelis residents.

TODAY understands that Minister of State (Education and Communications and Information) and Member of Parliament for Holland-Bukit Timah GRC Sim Ann, who has been working closely with the committee, may be attending the session.

Invitations had also been sent out to ELD and representatives from other agencies, such as the Housing and Development Board and the Ministry of National Development.

When contacted by TODAY, an ELD spokesperson said they will not be attending the dialogue session as they prefer to address residents’ concerns individually. “We all know that (at) dialogue sessions … people can get emotional and heated up ... If any of the residents have strong opinions about these things, they are always free to email or call us, and we will address them individually.”

As for the complaints, the ELD spokesperson said the company is in the process of resolving some of the issues that are not restricted by technical or regulatory restrictions, such as replacing three shower screens that shattered due to impurities in the glass, and clearing chokes in drainage pipes to ease ponding in corridors.

However, there are some issues that the developer will be unable to resolve, such as the sanitary pipes that were initially planned to be placed at the air-conditioning ledge outside of the unit, as originally depicted in the showflats.

“However, during construction stage, our contractor and consultants informed us that due to technical and regulatory constraints, the sanitary pipes … have to be placed at the service yard (inside the unit),” said ELD.

Acknowledging that these constraints should have been factored in during the mock-up of its showflats, the ELD’s spokesperson said they had apologised to residents. They had also tried to rectify the situation by offering a smaller front-load washing machines at discounted prices for residents struggling with the tight space.

Read the original TODAY report here.

-TODAY/fs

MrTan
15-05-15, 07:56
By the same developer...

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/housing/story/dbss-flat-owners-trivelis-may-get-goodwill-package-following-slew-compl

DBSS flat owners at Trivelis may get goodwill package following slew of complaints
Complaints about flats in Clementi include poor quality laminate flooring
Published on May 15, 2015 5:40 AM

BY LIM YI HAN

Residents of the Trivelis development in Clementi may get a goodwill package after complaining about problems with their new premium flats.

Their Member of Parliament Sim Ann told over 200 residents at a townhall meeting last night at the Trivelis pavilion that the developer has agreed to look into giving a package, though she did not have details of what it includes.

The 888-unit Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) project is developed by local firm EL Development (ELD).

Trivelis was advertised as having "choice fittings" and "quality floor finishes".

A unit costs between $370,000 and $800,000.

But some of the owners, who started collecting their keys in January, found various problems with their units - from defective stove knobs and rusty dish racks to poor quality laminate flooring and even shower glass panels that shattered easily.

The common corridor along 40 units was also prone to flooding with 4cm-deep water when it pours. The water seeped into several units.

Some units also differ from the showflats. For instance, there was no sanitary pipe in the service yard in the showflat but such pipes were eventually placed there.

Ms Sim told reporters yesterday at the two-hour meeting with residents: "Right from day one, when residents started moving in, we realised that there were quite a number of issues that residents felt disappointed by.

"Having met many of them and also visited many of their homes, I feel that many of our residents do have a point... I feel that a meaningful gesture from the developer would change things.

"(On Wednesday), we were informed by the developer that they are considering some sort of package... I think that's a move in the right direction."

When contacted yesterday, a spokesman for ELD said it is in touch with the Trivelis Residents Working Committee to discuss what could be done for residents on a goodwill basis.

He also told The Straits Times that ELD has received about 300 e-mails from residents, but that not all were complaints.

He assured residents that ELD would continue to repair or replace defective items, and engage them.

"We have tried our best to deliver the units in good condition to our residents. However, there will be lapses on defects that we may have not covered," said the spokesman.

"We deeply regret that we have failed to meet the expectation of the residents... We cannot claim that our design is perfect but we have built the units in accordance to specifications in the sales and purchase agreement."

The Trivelis residents' committee was formed in February by home owners to put their concerns to the developer and the authorities. The Housing Board said that it first received feedback from the residents in March and asked ELD to address them.

The Straits Times understands that some residents are hoping that HDB would do more than just voice residents' concerns on the defects to the developer.

Resident Steven Kee, a 42-year-old programme coordinator, told The Straits Times: "It's been very disappointing but I'm glad we have a dialogue to talk about things and at least get some answers.

"I hope the authorities can do more stringent checks and follow up on the issue too."

Regulatory affairs executive Kenny C., 29, said: "I'm waiting to see what the developer will offer in the goodwill package.

"That's something to look forward to... I thought everything should be done up in a DBSS flat and I didn't expect to have to do so many rectifications."

[email protected]

BACKGROUND STORY

Shattered shower screens, rusty lift door...

When Mr Wilson Yew bought his $633,000 four-room flat at Trivelis, a Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) project, he did not expect to have to replace the furnishings it came with.

The 33-year-old senior research officer said: "We bought the DBSS at a higher price and it was supposed to be all done up. In the end, we had to pay even more to tear some existing items down."

Mr Yew, who moved in two weeks ago, replaced his kitchen cabinet, which did not have space for a normal-sized oven. He also changed the doors of the wardrobe in a common room to a sliding one. This was because there was not enough space for the doors to open when a bed was placed in the room.

"I'm not an unreasonable person and I don't expect luxurious fittings. But some of the things they provided were really unacceptable," he said.

A recent circular by the Trivelis Residents Working Committee listed issues such as defective stove knobs, rusty dish racks, stain-prone kitchen countertops and poor quality laminate flooring.

Some residents also complained of shower glass panels that shattered.

Mr Kevin Teh, a spokesman for the committee, explained that the group was working with the developer, EL Development, and the relevant agencies to resolve some of the issues. "There has been some good progress," he said.

Veteran lawyer Amolat Singh said: "Developers have a duty to do things properly and the furnishings must be of a satisfactory quality. The (legal) argument may even be that the fixtures are unsafe - in the case of the shattered shower screens."

LIM YI HAN

About the Design, Build and Sell Scheme

THE Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) was launched in 2005 to offer higher-income flat buyers homes with better designs and finishes.

Built on government land, DBSS flats are designed and sold by private developers, and typically come with fittings and better finishings than standard Build-to-Order flats. But unlike private condos, these projects do not have facilities such as pools and gyms.

The DBSS was suspended in 2011 after a public outcry over high indicative price tags for units at Centrale 8 in Tampines.

The developer had given an initial price of $880,000 for a five-room unit, which was later lowered to $778,000.

Pasir Ris One, launched in April 2012, was the last project offered under the scheme before it was suspended.

There have been 13 projects under the DBSS scheme.

A Housing Board spokesman said the scheme is "currently not a priority".

MrTan
15-05-15, 08:06
By the same developer...

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/trivelis-developer-may/1848234.html

SINGAPORE
Trivelis developer may offer "goodwill package" to residents
Close to 500 residents had complained about defects in their houses, prompting the resident's committee to hold a dialogue session on Thursday (May 14).

By Faris Mokhtar
POSTED: 14 May 2015 23:53 UPDATED: 15 May 2015 00:30

SINGAPORE: The developer of the Trivelis Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) flats at Clementi is considering offering a "goodwill package" to residents, said the estate's interim residents committee on Thursday (May 14).

This comes after close to 500 residents had complained about defects in their homes, with about 413 out of 888 units affected.

While the committee said details of the package have not been confirmed, residents Channel NewsAsia spoke to said they hope for monetary compensation. About 200 residents attended a dialogue session on the issue on Thursday evening. The area's Member of Parliament, Sim Ann, was also present.

Among the complaints raised were rusty dish holders and the laundry area being too small to fit in standard sized washing machines.

Some residents told the media that sanitation pipes were fitted in the kitchen and left exposed. They were supposed to be fitted at the air-conditioning ledge outside the units as depicted in showflats. Some added that they found defects as soon as they moved into their homes.

During the dialogue session, some also asked about the recourse they can take while others questioned whether the Housing Development Board (HDB) would provide assistance on this issue.

Meanwhile, Ms Sim stressed that she is behind the residents and that offering the package would be a step in the "right direction".

"When it comes to issues within the units, my view is that defects must be rectified," she said. "At the same time, there are some issues which may or may not be considered as defects but which, nevertheless, have caused our residents quite a bit of heartache. And they have shared this with me. And I think our residents have a point."

She added that the committee has collated the residents' feedback and will be working closely with the developer to address them.

In a statement, Trivelis' developer EL Development said it had been addressing the issues with individual residents who contact them.

"Rather than meeting the residents in a group whereby they can get emotional or influence each other, we prefer to address the issues with individual owners separately. As each resident has his/her own issues that may be unique to their units, it would be more fruitful for us to communicate to them directly. We prefer that they email or call us and let us know their issues and we will try to resolve them or explain to them our reasons for not resolving them. However, as some of these residents may not be satisfied with the response from us, we will be working with the RC to address them," it said.

- CNA/dl

MrTan
15-05-15, 13:29
Based on URA website, out of total 660 units, 180 were launched. Number of units sold in...

Jan 15 = 54 (8% of total / 30% of launched)
(Returned unit - 1)
Feb 15 = 18 (3% / 10%)
(Returned units - 2)
Mar 15 = 20 (3% / 11%)
2015 Q1 subtotal = 89 (13% / 49%)
Apr 15 = 29 (4% / 16%)
(Returned units - 3)

15-05-15, 13:44
This developer should consider having an option just to sell bare unit.

MrTan
15-05-15, 14:15
This developer should consider having an option just to sell bare unit.

Even if it has this option, it still have to make an effort to achieve a reasonable level of quality and workmanship in terms of its construction and furnishing in the common areas and facilities.

MrTan
15-05-15, 18:47
By the same developer...

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/trivelis-developer-el/1849062.html

SINGAPORE
Trivelis developer EL Development addresses building defects
Under the Sales & Purchase Agreement, developers are also obliged to rectify any defect reported to them within the one-year defects liability period, says the Housing Development Board (HDB).

POSTED: 15 May 2015 16:00

SINGAPORE: EL Development, the developer of Trivelis Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) flats at Clementi addressed the defects observed by residents in a statement on Friday (May 15).

Nearly 500 residents complained about shattered glass panels, rusty dish racks, exposed sanitary pipes in their homes and ponding in corridors - among other problems.

On Friday, the Housing Development Board (HDB) maintained in a statement that in the development of DBSS projects, it will provide oversight and ensure that the objectives and policies of public housing are preserved.

Under the Sales & Purchase Agreement, developers are also obliged to rectify any defect reported to them within the one-year defects liability period.

"If the developer does not do so, the buyers may seek remedy against the developer pursuant to the terms of the contract," HDB added.

BY-PRODUCT IN TEMPERED GLASS MAY CAUSE SPONTANEOUS BREAKAGE

EL Development said it replaced three glass shower screens thus far, out of a total of 1,776 installed in Trivelis.

The shower screens are not made with normal glass but tempered ones, which are processed by "controlled thermal or chemical treatments to increase its strength". Though stronger than normal glass, EL Development said tempered glass contains a by-product - nickel sulphide impurities - which may cause spontaneous breakage in glass. The impurities are invisible and cannot be detected by glass manufacturers.

"We have assured worried residents who wished to install an additional layer of protection film on the glass shower screen that we will not void the warranty of the shower screen and will replace the glass shower screen should spontaneous breakage occurs," EL Development added.

RUSTY DISH RACKS NOT DETECTED WHEN UNITS WERE CHECKED

With regards to residents' complaints of rusty dish holders, EL Development said it may not have detected them, or the rust may not have set in when units were checked.

"Residents are free to raise the rusty dish rack as defect and we have already repaired or changed some," it added.

SANITARY PIPES: TECHNICAL AND REGULATORY CONSTRAINTS

Residents also found sanitary pipes to be exposed and visible in the kitchen, which were not depicted in the project’s showflats. EL Development said that this was due to "technical and regulatory constraints" in the construction stage.

"During the design stage, our consultants have planned for the vertical sanitary pipes for the 4-room flats to be placed outside the unit at the aircon ledge," it added. Instead, pipes had to be placed at the service yard.

EL Development attributed the move to three constraints - one of which is the structural beam at the yard blocking horizontal pipes transporting waste water from the kitchen floor and waste traps of the upper floor unit - if the vertical sanitary pipe was placed at the aircon ledge. The vertical sanitary pipes need to be connected to the horizontal pipes.

"As the depth of the perimeter beam is too shallow to be penetrated by the horizontal pipes, we have to turn the pipes to skirt below the beam in order to connect to the vertical pipes at the aircon ledge," it said.

"However, by doing so, the headroom at the yard area above the sanitary pipe would be below the minimum height permissible by the authorities."

The other constraints were the need to adhere to a regulation that the vertical sanitary pipe cannot be further than 2.5m from the nearest floor trap, and that that the sanitary pipes need to be at a safe location that can be serviced and maintained by workers.

EL Development added that the area taken up by the two pipes is still within the 3 per cent difference allowed for in the terms of the Sales and Purchase Agreement.

"Furthermore, we have tried to allay the concerns of some residents by placing a suitable sized 7-kilogramme front load washing machine and stacking it up with a dryer in the yard of an actual 4-room unit to illustrate the manoeuvring space available," it said.

"To further assist the affected residents, we have negotiated with our supplier to sell the 7kg front load washing machine at S$399 including delivery and GST, which is well below the market price."

PONDING DUE TO 'STRINGENT FIRE SAFETY CODE'

EL Development said it is also unable to block out the openings of corridors to prevent rain from splashing in due to "the stringent fire safety code" it observes. During rainy weather, ponding will be observed when water does not dissipate fast enough via the floor traps - which allow for natural dispersal of smoke should there be an unlikely event of fire.

"If the smoke is not dispersed, there is a danger that smoke will travel into the units and occupants in the units might get suffocated by the smoke. Minor ponding can still occur during heavy rain but the water should clear out once the rain stops," said EL Development.

It added that some incidents where the drainage pipes were choked have been cleared. It will also resolve the problem of water seeping into houses by installing free acrylic panels to the metal gate of affected units.

"The panel should close up the gap between the main door and the flooring of the unit and prevent water from seeping in."

EL Development is also looking at improving the drainage pipes at the corridor, it said.

- CNA/ct

azeoprop
15-05-15, 23:28
No wonder the building design of symphony suites is so dbss.

MrTan
16-05-15, 17:20
By the same developer...

http://business.asiaone.com/news/trivelis-developer-may-extend-warranties

Trivelis developer may extend warranties

Lim Yi HanThe Straits TimesSaturday, May 16, 2015

The developer of a troubled "premium" housing project has said financial compensation for residents is possible only if there is "strong justification".

But EL Development (ELD) continues to maintain that Trivelis - a Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) project in Clementi - was built "according to specifications and approved plans".

Meanwhile, it is considering extending the one-year warranty on all furnishings and fittings and offering free safety films for glass shower panels as part of a "goodwill package" for residents.

Trivelis - an 888-unit project - was advertised as containing "choice fittings" and "quality floor finishes".

But when owners began collecting their keys in January, some discovered problems such as rusty dish racks, poor quality laminate flooring and glass shower panels that shatter easily.

An ELD spokesman told The Straits Times it is looking to help affected owners and working with the Trivelis residents' committee.

"We will look into the residents' requests and issues and offer what we can, within reasonable boundaries," he said. "Right now, we have not concluded the discussions so there's no concrete plan on what we will offer in terms of the goodwill package. As for defects, we want to assure residents we will rectify them."

He added that the company's response would be on a case- by-case basis and "not a one-size-fits-all treatment

However, the response did not wash with all residents.

Public relations manager Eliza Soh, 31, said: "We are not here to haggle for freebies. What we want are long-term solutions to the bigger problems that are going to affect our lifestyle.

"To the developer, Trivelis is just another product but to residents Trivelis is our home."

Mr Stephen Yip, a 34-year-old civil servant, bought a three-room flat and has faced problems such as rainwater seeping into his unit and a faulty tap and window latch.

He said it is fair for the developer to extend the warranty of the furnishings and fittings, adding: "I didn't do any renovation in my kitchen and the items don't seem to be of high quality so I'm not sure how long they can last."

Project manager Andy Tan, 33, said: "It really depends on what are the things they are offering. I still prefer cash over freebies."

ELD said it has already cleared drains after rainwater collected in corridors and it will continue to monitor the situation.

It is understood that the authorities do not regulate interior renovation or quality of the furnishings.

According to the Building and Construction Authority (BCA), after construction, the authorities will perform checks on things such as fire safety, sanitation and drainage and accessibility features. A BCA spokesman said "matters such as defects and workmanship quality" are between the developer and buyer.

While the Housing Board oversees DBSS projects, the projects are designed, built and sold by private developers who are responsible for any defects. The DBSS scheme was suspended in 2011 after a public outcry over high indicative price tags for units at Centrale 8 in Tampines.

Earlier that year, ELD had beaten 10 other bidders for the Trivelis site, offering $224 million or $271 per square foot per plot ratio.

Trivelis is the first public housing project taken on by ELD, a "boutique" developer with 20 staff members. Its other projects include condominiums such as Rosewood Suites in Woodlands and Stevens Suites near Bukit Timah.

A spokesman for the Trivelis residents' committee said: "We certainly hope for the developer to consider offering a goodwill package soon. The details of the package are for ELD to consider... We hope that the offer made to residents will be acceptable."

More than 200 residents on Thursday met their MP Sim Ann, who called a goodwill package a "move in the right direction". ELD did not attend the meeting.

[email protected]

This article was first published on May 16, 2015.
Get a copy of The Straits Times or go to straitstimes.com for more stories.

MrTan
17-05-15, 03:01
Abstracted from hardwarezone...

View PostSupaHeroLuva wrote:
Morning!
i am one of those who bought a Trivelis 5 room.
why did i buy it? becuz prior to balloting for this, i have unsuccessfully balloted for 2-3 years.(thanks MBT!) the next one that gave me a number for unit choosing, i immediately buy lor.
the corridor i think is bare minimum 1.2m. i open my gate, my neighbour who lives opposite me cannot open gate lol.
these are the some issues i have;
the laminates in the bedrooms are of poor quality, cannot mop, must dry mop. if the laminates touch water, they will pop. so i have to remove it and replace with vinyl laminates.
the kitchen countertop stains easily, so replace.
they gave us an oven socket in the kitchen cabinets. but cannot buy normal ovens to put inside, have to hunt high and low to get one that can actually fit.
the balcony sliding doors, i do not think they are tempered or laminated. so we gotta install solar film.
water heater panel is placed in service yard. called HDB to shift it to outer wall but they say cannot. so when wash clothes must be careful not to bang head when standing up.
when it rains heavily, the corridor will flood. sometimes the rain will splash into the unit. my neighbour who lives beside will kena maximum power of the rain on their front door.
cheapo cement corridors. the lift lobby is tiled but the corridors are all cement. when wet will be slippery.
the other day, the mailbox area got water leakage.
some neighbours' shower glass spontaneously broke, so we replace ours as well.
wardrobe is terrible, wtf is this pole system? so we tear down and replace.

in all, they keep saying this is premium, but feels cheap becuz everything is like bare minimum. as you can see, i renovated quite a lot due to poor furnishings.

i tiagong got some neighbours air con cmi. will leak or spoil before even moving in.
UNQUOTE

MrTan
17-05-15, 14:37
By the same developer...

http://business.asiaone.com/news/developer-should-fix-defects-vivian

Home News
Developer should fix defects: Vivian
Lim Yi HanThe Straits TimesSunday, May 17, 2015

Flooding along corridors is unacceptable and if there are defects in the new flats, they should be fixed by the developer.

This was what residents said Holland-Bukit Timah GRC MP Vivian Balakrishnan told them on an unscheduled visit yesterday to Trivelis, a Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) project in Clementi that has seen hundreds of complaints over poor furnishings.

Dr Balakrishnan and fellow GRC MP Sim Ann spent more than two hours visiting a few units in the afternoon and speaking to residents. He told them that he recognised the issues they were facing and that the developer, EL Development (ELD), should make good on the defects.

Under the DBSS scheme, the developer is supposed to build units in a move-in condition. Trivelis, which has 888 units ranging from three-roomers to five-roomers, was advertised as having "choice fittings". Flats cost between $370,000 and $800,000, with owners paying a premium over Build-To-Order flats because of the fittings.

Around 400 owners, who started collecting their keys in January, found problems from defective stove knobs to rusty dish racks to poor quality laminate flooring. At least three cases involved glass shower screens that shattered.

The common corridor along 40 units was also prone to flooding during heavy rain. The water rose to as high as 4cm, seeping into several units.

Dr Balakrishnan, who also met representatives from ELD during his visit, told residents that they should not have to get their feet wet just to get to their homes.

As for the glass shower screens, he said he would get the developer to review if the batch used was defective and to replace them if it was. Dr Balakrishnan, who is also Minister for the Environment and Water Resources, added he needed more time to assess the situation and that he would visit again.

Ms Sim told The Sunday Times: "Many residents told me they are looking for practical solutions, not perfection. I think that is most reasonable.

"As long as the developer remains prepared to offer a meaningful gesture or package aside from rectifying defects, I would say things are on the right track."

Mr Kevin Teh, a spokesman for the Trivelis Residents Working Committee, said: "I'm glad that the minister is here to see the issues that are faced by residents. We definitely look forward to more progress."

Residents said they can take only a "wait-and-see" approach for now, but hope issues are resolved quickly. Many, however, are also hoping for financial compensation from the developer.

Mr Daniel Wee, an engineer in the marine industry, showed Dr Balakrishnan the various problems in his home, such as laminate flooring that warps in contact with water. Fed up with the hassle of dealing with the defects, the 56-year-old said: "Honestly, I'd rather the developer just pay me back my money and I'll move back to my old home in Boon Lay."

ELD has said it is in talks with the residents' committee to come up with a "goodwill package". It did not confirm what the package includes, but said it may extend the one-year warranty on all furnishings and fittings, for example.

Mr K.G. Tan, 59, pointed out that warranty extensions will do little for residents like him who have already paid out of pocket to fix the issues.

The customer service manager said: "This house is supposed to be in a move-in condition, but a lot of people did their own retrofitting because the items provided are really of a poor quality and not functional."

[email protected]

This article was first published on May 17, 2015.
Get a copy of The Straits Times or go to straitstimes.com for more stories.

Invest
27-05-15, 23:20
Good luck to those buyers who bought this project.This developer is famous for super irresponsible.

azeoprop
27-05-15, 23:43
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/trivelis-developer-el/1849062.html

azeoprop
27-05-15, 23:44
Nowadays its best to wait for the project TOP and go see actual product before buying.

Invest
27-05-15, 23:55
Dun think this project can move anymore.Investors rather buy North park residences rather than this project in term of all reasons.

MrTan
28-05-15, 09:20
Good luck to those buyers who bought this project.This developer is famous for super irresponsible.

Besides the Trivelis case, got any other examples to show that it's super irresponsible?

At least this project is using a different architect from Trivelis. La fiesta is using the same architect as Trivelis though.

MrTan
28-05-15, 09:28
Nowadays its best to wait for the project TOP and go see actual product before buying.

The better/cheaper/more value for money/more desirable/more popular units may be gone by then.

Also developers risk paying extension charges if cannot sell all units by a certain deadline.

MrTan
28-05-15, 09:33
Dun think this project can move anymore.Investors rather buy North park residences rather than this project in term of all reasons.

Can move lah, if they price it at DBSS/EC level. :p wah, first time fire sale by developer. :)

Invest
28-05-15, 10:13
Besides the Trivelis case, got any other examples to show that it's super irresponsible?

At least this project is using a different architect from Trivelis. La fiesta is using the same architect as Trivelis though.

In that case,I think La Fiesta buyers going to suffer if really from same architect unless they did a good job this time.i still remembered that time people queuing to buy La Fiesta when launched cos new rule going to kick in.

Invest
28-05-15, 10:20
Can move lah, if they price it at DBSS/EC level. :p wah, first time fire sale by developer. :)

Yes,they can do fire sales at EC level then people can consider.They still can earn since they give end products at DBSS level.See those reports and comments from the DBSS can feel they really angry and the replies from the developer really crap.

MrTan
28-05-15, 10:55
In that case,I think La Fiesta buyers going to suffer if really from same architect unless they did a good job this time.i still remembered that time people queuing to buy La Fiesta when launched cos new rule going to kick in.

Boutique developer coupled with boutique architect - am wondering how good a job it can be given the last scorecard. At least there is no long dark narrow corridor to attract ponding anymore this time round. Jus a squarish lift lobby. So 1 defect down and dun know how many more coming in the pipeline...

MrTan
28-05-15, 11:04
Yes,they can do fire sales at EC level then people can consider.They still can earn since they give end products at DBSS level.See those reports and comments from the DBSS can feel they really angry and the replies from the developer really crap.

Ya, if not that really angry they wun need to wash dirty laundry in public already. Cos the more they wash, the more it will impact the resale prices of their units. And somemore not all new units have been sold yet. Guess no one dare to buy now given the bad publicity it received, unless buyer never read news at all. Dun know if the developer needs to pay extension charges or not if cannot sell 100% since this is an EC and not a private development. Oh, was referring to Trivelis instead of symphony suites. :)

delirious_jeff
21-08-16, 20:27
http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore-news/new-condo-residents-upset-over-defects

According to this report, some buyers of La Fiesta are suffering.

Tulip09
02-08-17, 17:21
The price might sound ' attractive ' by current trends but the location and competition from other units in the vicinity will make it hard to get good yield I think. At this price I think there are better buys in better locations. Yishun used to be pleasant when there were lush greenery and open spaces. But it's become very crowded . Moreover this isn't in a convenient part of Yishun.