Arcachon
08-07-16, 23:34
Yes, when PLAB move to CAB.

xtreme_46
09-07-16, 21:15
Are they hard to sell in 4-5 yrs time?

Arcachon
09-07-16, 22:15
With aging population, they should be easy to sell.

Tomutomi
24-08-16, 01:16
The rental price for 1 bedroom/studio there has been dropping to 1500-1800 range, and the resale price hovering around 500-550K for so-so project (e.g. Ness or La Fleur).
The resale price at geylang is usually derived from rental yield since people buying units mostly for rental, many buyers calculate offering price based on gross rental yield of 3.5-4%.

xtreme_46
24-08-16, 15:01
The rental price for 1 bedroom/studio there has been dropping to 1500-1800 range, and the resale price hovering around 500-550K for so-so project (e.g. Ness or La Fleur).
The resale price at geylang is usually derived from rental yield since people buying units mostly for rental, many buyers calculate offering price based on gross rental yield of 3.5-4%.

the ness hitting 2k rental in month of Jul...at least better than other MM in geylang area

Tomutomi
25-08-16, 22:12
for many MM built in geylang since 2014, only a few stand out.
- Guillemard Edge: relatively big development, beautiful double pools, maintenance fee cheaper than others
- Water Edge: nice infinity pool, many units have unblock view (facing park and river view)
- Central Heights & Sims Edge: high rise, many got nice city view, relatively in less crowd area
- Sanctuary@Geylang: actually not MM since all > 500 sqf, but it does not waste having mini decorative swimming pool and gym :), maintenance should be cheap.
- La Brisa, Casa Aerata, D'Weave: many larger units got pool view

xtreme_46
26-08-16, 10:29
- Guillemard Edge: relatively big development, beautiful double pools, maintenance fee cheaper than others
- Water Edge: nice infinity pool, many units have unblock view (facing park and river view)
- Central Heights & Sims Edge: high rise, many got nice city view, relatively in less crowd area
- Sanctuary@Geylang: actually not MM since all > 500 sqf, but it does not waste having mini decorative swimming pool and gym :), maintenance should be cheap.

These project you mentioned with cheap maint fee..how cheap?

ixxx
26-08-16, 12:42

Not to forget the geographical best 2, studio8 & smart suites, located just right next to Kallang & Aljunied mrt station respectively with non-Geylang address but they might not be considered as Geylang in the first place.

Wonder how cheap is Guillemard edge maintainence fee too.

Tomutomi
26-08-16, 16:25
guillemard edge 160/mth for 441 sqft.
Cheaper than smaller development like viento (200/mth for 474 sqft) or melosa (250/mth for 506 sqft).

irisng
07-09-16, 08:42
Cheaper than smaller development like viento (200/mth for 474 sqft) or melosa (250/mth for 506 sqft).

I think you got the wrong info, Melosa maintenance fee is $200 + $25 sinking fund for 538 sqft. How come 506 sqft. maintenance fee is higher than 538 sqft?

The bigger the development the cheaper is the maintenance fees because it is being shared out and the facilities are also being shared out with more people.

Tomutomi
07-09-16, 22:24
I think you got the wrong info, Melosa maintenance fee is $200 + $25 sinking fund for 538 sqft. How come 506 sqft. maintenance fee is higher than 538 sqft?

The bigger the development the cheaper is the maintenance fees because it is being shared out and the facilities are also being shared out with more people.

i might be wrong, that's the number i noted from the agent. Thanks for correction.

ixxx
08-09-16, 10:03

Sinking fund is also counted as part of maintainence fee. 506 & 538 sqft, should be the same share & price. So in this case, maintainence fee for 500+ sqft Melosa unit is $225, still on higher end.

irisng
13-09-16, 08:08

Guillemard edge has more units, so maintenance fee is being spread out. $160 per month, does it includes Sinking fund? How about those units that is >500 sqft, is it also less than $200?

Wonder how much is the maintenance fee + SF for Atrium, it has many units too or La Fleur, with lesser units?

One of my friends pay $400+ for his maintenance fee for about 1,500+ sq ft. while another one paid only $280+ for 1,400+ sq ft. but of course in different locations.

irisng
14-09-16, 11:56
Guillemard edge has more units, so maintenance fee is being spread out. $160 per month, does it includes Sinking fund? How about those units that is >500 sqft, is it also less than $200?

Wonder how much is the maintenance fee + SF for Atrium, it has many units too or La Fleur, with lesser units?

One of my friends pay $400+ for his maintenance fee for about 1,500+ sq ft. while another one paid only $280+ for 1,400+ sq ft. but of course in different locations.

Ok, have confirm, my friend condo is in Dist 11, floor area 1,485 sqft,, only 1 block with 105 units, maintenance fee $525 per month while the other is Dist 23, floor area 1,400 sq ft, 6 block, total 392 units, maintenance fee $285 per month.

mummy
27-10-16, 14:43
Not to forget the geographical best 2, studio8 & smart suites, located just right next to Kallang & Aljunied mrt station respectively with non-Geylang address but they might not be considered as Geylang in the first place.

Wonder how cheap is Guillemard edge maintainence fee too.

I have a Smart Suite 1 + 1 bedder 452 sq ft and maintenance is S$175 per month. Now rented out for S$2100, was previously $2200. Tenancy up for renewal soon . Recent caveats showed rental at those 2 prices so hopefully can maintain. Having first viewing by a Japanese in Finance line tonight.

Kelonguni
27-10-16, 17:31
I have a Smart Suite 1 + 1 bedder 452 sq ft and maintenance is S$175 per month. Now rented out for S$2100, was previously $2200. Tenancy up for renewal soon . Recent caveats showed rental at those 2 prices so hopefully can maintain. Having first viewing by a Japanese in Finance line tonight.

Your tenant profile always so steady. Envious. Ha.

mummy
27-10-16, 18:43
Your tenant profile always so steady. Envious. Ha.

Yeah, lucky so far. How about yours? What is your investment property?

Kelonguni
27-10-16, 23:28
Yeah, lucky so far. How about yours? What is your investment property?

Yah one of my units is quite similar in profile to your this one. In Hougang region.

Tenant profile not that steady, but I do see some migrating out of CBD region, opting for more privacy at the same time. We are in the midst of viewing with tenants, quite fun actually. Playing with different options and strategies.

Tomutomi
28-10-16, 20:07
The demand for shoebox units closed to MRT still looks healthy. E.g. Smart Suites, Centra Suites/Studio/Heights all very close to Aljunied MRT. Though generally could see the cumulative units looking for tenancy seems increasing over time, implying more supply to demand.

With more small units available in city fringe area like Boonkeng (8 riversuites) or Potong Pasir (sennet, sant ritz, 18 woodsville, nin residence) offering competitive rental rate (+- 2000) and great condo facility, probably will put more pressure to shoe box units around Ferrer Park and Aljunied which usually a small development.

Though it seems many expats from Europe and Japan love the unique Geylang vibrancy :).