PDA

View Full Version : The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

kennt
31-10-06, 22:36
Great property for those can wait TOP 2010. Just bought a unit there & found the design & fittings very nice..in fact better than some FH condos. Price is resonable & the plus point is near MRT. Good for HDB upgraders.

Go to www.myhome.com.sg to see showflat.

- Be captivated by the interesting landscaping and irresistible wholesome facilities from the moment you arrive home.

- Floating Clubhouse
A sparkling gem of The Quartz. Rising above and overlooking the pools. Enjoy a great workout at the gym.

- Sky Bridge / Sky Gym
Take a stroll along this unique walkway and experience new vistas of the facilities.

- Grand Entrance
Come home to complete a life most brilliant.

Wong1975
01-11-06, 00:59
Hi kennt

Yes I also visited the showflat and loved it. There will be a very huge brand new premium HDB estate nearby also, now under construction. But I think that is good because now the area is too quiet and empty.

Here is the artist impression:

http://img349.imageshack.us/img349/6292/quartzab7.jpg

http://img275.imageshack.us/img275/524/logothequartzxy7.gif

Name of Housing Development: The Quartz
Name of Developer: Winterhall Pte Ltd (Reg No. 200009837R),
a member of the GuocoLand Group
Tenure of Land: 99 years leasehold

Expected Date of Vacant Possession:
30 June 2010

Expected Date of Legal Completion:
30 June 2013

Legal Description:
Government Resurvey Lot No.
1666W Mukim 21 Singapore

Developer’s Licence No:
C0018

Planning Permission No:
ES20060404R0183

Building Plan Approval No:
A1506-00002-2005-BP01, A1506-00002-2005-BP02
Building Plan Approval Date: 27 March 2006, 27 July 2006

jack lemon
02-11-06, 13:56
Kennt & Wong1975,

Did you guys really bought an apartment at The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)?

You sound as if you are agents for this property.

Wong1975
02-11-06, 23:28
Kennt & Wong1975,

Did you guys really bought an apartment at The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)?

You sound as if you are agents for this property.

I don't know about Kennt, but I own a unit at Kovan Melody, not The Quartz. I am not an agent. Is there anything wrong with liking another development even when you own something else? Am I allowed to praise another development? Or do I have to promote my own condo all the time and talk bad about other condos? Like what some people do at other websites? That is childish.

toh32
03-11-06, 21:31
Hi Wong1975,

These ppl thought agents are so free posting threads here. Must as well work overtime to sell resale apartment during free time. If really agent, they would have leave down contact no. or hyperlink a website to channel sale.

I also bought a unit there last month when a new stack barely launched. Pool view with north south facing. Agree with kennt that The Quartz is value for money. I actually looked at KM before but all nice unit snapped up...so decided to go for The Quartz. I especially like the master room toilet....like Ritz Carton....full length window beside the bathtub :)

Unregistered
21-11-06, 20:22
Ya, if it is value for money. Why only 100 units out of 600 units available. Grossly overpriced.

toh32
21-11-06, 23:05
Why 100 sold b'cos not all units are launched. I think they only launch about 200 units. Overpriced? I don't think so compare to other condos.

ck_marz
01-12-06, 22:37
Good development. Good layout and finishes. Like the 3+1 a lot.

Only concern is that it is surrounded by HDB - may affect the resale value.

toh32
01-12-06, 23:28
That was my initial concern also. But come to think of it, there will be amenities, schools ect. when you have HDB around. Moreover my kids still young & I like staying North-East so decided on this property :)

ck_marz
01-12-06, 23:37
Yes it is definitely a good place for own stay. Enjoy!

hello
05-12-06, 01:11
Why 100 sold b'cos not all units are launched. I think they only launch about 200 units. Overpriced? I don't think so compare to other condos.

Overpriced? Haha! You know what is overpriced - KOVAN MELODY.

I recently bought a 3+1 bedroom at the Quartz and a brand new Toyota Estima (MPV). Together they cost me the same price of a 3+1 bedroom unit at Kovan Melody, which is only 2 MRT stations away. Therefore I think the Quartz is a more worthwhile investment than Kovan Melody. Both have MRT, 99 years, in the same area, but the Quartz is cheaper.

Dango
06-12-06, 21:30
If it is really that attractive, the 200 untis would have been gone by now, and developer would have launched new units. I suspect price will fall further nearing TOP. However, I can fully empathize with you if you have bought a unit there - it is the best valued.

surfers
06-12-06, 22:53
Not a fair comparison as the location is so far apart. :doh:

Overpriced? Haha! You know what is overpriced - KOVAN MELODY.

I recently bought a 3+1 bedroom at the Quartz and a brand new Toyota Estima (MPV). Together they cost me the same price of a 3+1 bedroom unit at Kovan Melody, which is only 2 MRT stations away. Therefore I think the Quartz is a more worthwhile investment than Kovan Melody. Both have MRT, 99 years, in the same area, but the Quartz is cheaper.

Unregistered
09-12-06, 23:24
The developer only launch 200 units for the 1st phase & 134 has been taken up. Really not too bad for a mass market condo. They are now revamping the showflats for the next stack which will be available very soon. Don't understand why they did not release all. I suppose they are waiting for the price to go up. Anyone can tell us here?

cadenza
10-12-06, 21:47
Was told by an agent that they will relaunch the remaining units next year, with a higher price tag. How true we'll have to wait and see.

Unregistered
10-12-06, 22:54
Yes, that's what I thought so. Also given the fact the GST increase will surely pass the tab to consumer.

NE Guy
10-12-06, 23:24
Anyone know what will be the future development on Sengkang Central, the big piece of land opposite The Quartz?

that's what i think
11-12-06, 12:01
Anyone know what will be the future development on Sengkang Central, the big piece of land opposite The Quartz?

Premium HDB flats, maybe.

Already next to the Quartz is a huge premium HDB estate under construction, with fittings that are (IMO) almost as nice as a condo's.

good luck!
12-12-06, 10:29
Well my opinion is that it is not worth buying a condo in HDB estate.

BB
12-12-06, 22:54
It really depends on one's needs & the comfort level of financing a property. Some ppl buy for investment & some for personal stay. As long you are happy with the purchase, that's matter most :)

Professional
27-12-06, 20:54
Look out for 2nd launch in 1st quater 2007! Grab before price go up further.

Unregistered
23-01-07, 17:07
Wonder if I should buy KM or Quartz? KM much better location with mature amenities but price steep and hence will over stretch budget. Quartz more affordable for me and other advantage is much less crowded, eg. there'll be less competition for the pool and gym, ie. 625 units as compared to KM 778 units. But HDB mearby. Difficult choice - perhaps better to continue to wait and see.

citizen x
24-01-07, 15:51
They are both upgrader condos. I would get the cheaper one, which is The Quartz. The difference in location is not that great. Furthermore Kovan is like you said, in a mature estate, with certain heartlander surroundings and environment, including the type of people who hang around there with their habits (eg: spitting, etc, lots of foreign workers). Buangkok on the other hand, is on the way to being a booming premium HDB estate and will see many yuppie couples and families living in the area. Correspondingly the price may go up in the future in tandem with the malls and shops to cater to this "yuppie taste". Price upside and downside of any location depends overwhelmingly on the type of residents living there and their lifestyles. First rule of property investing.

On the other hand, if KM is offering fire sale, lelong lelong, then buy KM lah.

dude
24-01-07, 17:02
They are both upgrader condos. I would get the cheaper one, which is The Quartz. The difference in location is not that great. Furthermore Kovan is like you said, in a mature estate, with certain heartlander surroundings and environment, including the type of people who hang around there with their habits (eg: spitting, etc, lots of foreign workers). Buangkok on the other hand, is on the way to being a booming premium HDB estate and will see many yuppie couples and families living in the area. Correspondingly the price may go up in the future in tandem with the malls and shops to cater to this "yuppie taste". Price upside and downside of any location depends overwhelmingly on the type of residents living there and their lifestyles. First rule of property investing.

On the other hand, if KM is offering fire sale, lelong lelong, then buy KM lah.

For a little bit more, you could get something in Tanjong Rhu right now. Why waste your time on the North East. Think long term! 5 years down the line, which one will you regret purchasing more?

If the reason for buying in the North East is merely "looking for a place in the area to stay", then why even bother looking at condos. The newer HDB flats in the North East are almost as good as condos in terms of quality and looks.

NE Guy
24-01-07, 23:23
Tanjong Rhu areas will belong to a different price segment. Not all home seekers are looking at just price. The Quartz sells because of Buangkok MRT, good schools & future development in the area.

Unregistered
25-01-07, 09:07
I'm deciding betweem KM and Quartz because I've been living in Hougang area eversince I was born and also because of their proximity to MRT. The MRT is to counter the peak hours jam which I experience daily. Not only me but all 5 in the family will benefit from MRT. Though I got use to the jam but a jam is a jam. KM which is slightly ahead in the jam will save some time. Hopefully the KPE which also TOP in 1 to 2 years time together with the Quartz will help ease the daily Hougang jam. But now I'm offered another alternative, ie. Tg Rhu area. Must also take a look and I believe the 2nd hand ones, eg. Sanctuary Green, is priced about or only slightly higher than KM or Quartz. SG advantage would be there'll be more expartiates than locals, hence more upclass for same pricing range. I'm looking for a place to live but if it can also appreciate faster its a double bonus. Problem is tat I'm a salaried employee and hance got budget, else I'll chion high end condo which promises $4k psf and make solid profits. Thks NE Guys, dude and citizen X for your valuable advice. May I know which condo are you buying/living in now. Wow! Now got more choices than the orig 2 which I have scoped. But have to decide carefully as this is big ticket item....

good choice!
25-01-07, 17:38
But now I'm offered another alternative, ie. Tg Rhu area. Must also take a look and I believe the 2nd hand ones, eg. Sanctuary Green, is priced about or only slightly higher than KM or Quartz. SG advantage would be there'll be more expartiates than locals, hence more upclass for same pricing range. I'm looking for a place to live but if it can also appreciate faster its a double bonus.

Sanctuary Green, while is still one of the more unpopular condos in Tanjong Rhu, has enjoyed an increase in sales in the past few months. Actually due to the unpopularity of SG, Guocoland have lowered the prices in the past few months. So now is the time to buy. Because I can see them increasing prices soon.

Between SG and The Quartz, both 99 years, one only slightly more expensive than the other, the choice is clear to me.

Unregistered
25-01-07, 17:55
one good reason to buy tanjong rhu instead of buangkok: view.

in a cheaper tanjong rhu condo you may not have any sea view, but at least you can have city view and you don't see any HDB flats around. in buangkok, you will have views of HDB flats every direction you turn.

Unregistered
25-01-07, 19:35
it is stated that there will be a petrol station and a mosque just behind the MRT.

Agent??
25-01-07, 22:20
I think you are an agent for Sanctuary Green. Anyway the mosque & patrol station is on the opposite side of the open field & not behind, totally out of sight. The price for SG is not what you mentioned! Please don't mislead the people here. Go & create a tread in the forum if you want business.

cadenza
25-01-07, 22:30
These are totally different districts and will differ in investment value. District 15 (incl tanjung rhu) is often quoted as most popular after 9,10,11. The price to pay for exclusivity in tanjung rhu is mobility - unless you own car(s) that is.

one good reason to buy tanjong rhu instead of buangkok: view.

in a cheaper tanjong rhu condo you may not have any sea view, but at least you can have city view and you don't see any HDB flats around. in buangkok, you will have views of HDB flats every direction you turn.

NE Guy
25-01-07, 23:07
Yes, totally agree with you as they belong to a different segment. Anyway was informed that The Quartz will do a second launch this coming Sat. Anyone who is interested please assess yourself if this is a good buy. Do not listen to some nagative remarks here. Buy within your means :)

Unregistered
29-01-07, 13:27
Yesterday, the CEO of Nokia just bought a penthouse unit at Sanctuary Green.

surfers
29-01-07, 20:12
Anybody knows what's the current psf for Sanctuary Green?

Yesterday, the CEO of Nokia just bought a penthouse unit at Sanctuary Green.

Unregistered
03-02-07, 00:42
Hello..go to Sanctuary Green thread if you wanna talk abt it. This is the thread for The Quartz.

Ms Ang
13-02-07, 22:18
Look out for 2nd launch in 1st quater 2007! Grab before price go up further.

Just book a 99sqm unit..10th- cost S$536K, facing MRT and plot of land potentially for new commercial development...agent confirm that wef 17th Feb price will go up 40-50K/unit....saw the new price list.

Overall Value for $$ for own stay. But for those buying for investment, return will not as good.

Unregistered
14-02-07, 12:02
Ms Ang, which BLK did you purchase? can see the 2 tennis court? got afternoon sun? what did the agent tell you about the empty land or when will be the TOP?

Unregistered
14-02-07, 14:42
I think TQ is a good condo with new surroundings (new HDB premium flat) and esp. the MRT (Main line and not subline, eg Circle Line, LRT, etc.) at your doorstep. Everyone in the house will benefit from the convenience of MRT on a daily basis. Since most of the buyers are stayers (not tenants), it will be everyones interest to upkeep the place hence making it good for families and homestay. Still considering and hope the price increase is not true as I'm doing my final calculation on the extra amount I need to fork out when I sell my HDB. Problem is that my HDB price is not rising in tandem with the new condo prices.

Ms Ang
14-02-07, 21:26
Ms Ang, which BLK did you purchase? can see the 2 tennis court? got afternoon sun? what did the agent tell you about the empty land or when will be the TOP?

TOP June 2010, but most project will complete 6months - 1 year before TOP.
I brought Block 53, nearest to the main entrance.

Ms Ang
14-02-07, 21:31

If u like to have view over tennis court, best will be block 27 & 26....Actually I wanted block 26 at the beginning, but after considering about the noise from the play ground, basketball court and tennis courts, I changed my mind.....also, there are BBQ pits very near to block 27 & 26, smell and smoke will pollute the surrounding as hot air rises.

But Blk 26, will have a good view of the empty plot of land and the MRT station.

CH
15-02-07, 01:07
Ya, agree its a good buy..near MRT and new buildings, plus all those new purchases will be mostly young couples..hope it will be a vibrant estate soon :) Don't consider too long, wait price increase then heart ache..just like I waited for the other condo..price already raise.. BTW, think many people who upgraded from HDB also can't sell their flats high now..unlike in the past..now trend change :(

Unregistered
15-02-07, 01:10
Ms Ang, what abt BLK59? btw, u talking abt unit..hehe not blk...
Are you staying with family?

Unregistered
15-02-07, 12:57
Ms Ang, what abt BLK59? btw, u talking abt unit..hehe not blk...
Are you staying with family?

Blk 53, #10 floor.......Ya buying for own stay.......Blk 59 not launch yet......view is over tennis court and direction facing MRT.....

You should go down to take a look at the mockup

KT
15-02-07, 17:35
Great to know residents is communicating now even though expected TOP end 2009. I bought a unit sometime in Sept last year & have no regrets at all. The neighbourhood will come to life in 2 years, KPE ready by year end, 16 commercial units available next year, possible hugh commercial development opposite, nice facade, near MRT......most importantly value for money. What else can we ask for!

yyyang78
15-02-07, 22:02
Wonder how many units have been sold till now? Bought a unit at blk 59.

Unregistered
16-02-07, 08:42
Blk 53, #10 floor.......Ya buying for own stay.......Blk 59 not launch yet......view is over tennis court and direction facing MRT.....

You should go down to take a look at the mockup

BLK 59, launched already...you staying in unit 05?

Unregistered
16-02-07, 08:44
Great to know residents is communicating now even though expected TOP end 2009. I bought a unit sometime in Sept last year & have no regrets at all. The neighbourhood will come to life in 2 years, KPE ready by year end, 16 commercial units available next year, possible hugh commercial development opposite, nice facade, near MRT......most importantly value for money. What else can we ask for!

16 comercial units where? really hope got huge shopping center :) then more people will come here to stay :)
which blk you staying?

Unregistered
16-02-07, 08:45
Wonder how many units have been sold till now? Bought a unit at blk 59.

you staying on which floor? guess its unit 17?

yyyang78
16-02-07, 08:58
Add me in msn to chat. [email protected]

:)

Unregistered
16-02-07, 11:51
hmm..wonder if anyone got the price list ..hehe..

Unregistered
16-02-07, 20:43
BLK 59, launched already...you staying in unit 05?

hehe...bingo

Unregistered
16-02-07, 20:53
Add me in msn to chat. [email protected]

added liao......my is [email protected]

KT
16-02-07, 21:25
16 comercial units where? really hope got huge shopping center :) then more people will come here to stay :)
which blk you staying?

I'm staying at Blk 51 facing the clubhouse & pool. The 16 commercial units are located opp us, the premium apt behind the MRT. Should be some makan place & convienence store. :)

Ms Ang
16-02-07, 21:32
I'm staying at Blk 51 facing the clubhouse & pool. The 16 commercial units are located opp us, the premium apt behind the MRT. Should be some makan place & convienence store. :)

Any idea when will it constructed? best to coincide with the TOP date...will for sure, bring up the value.

KT
16-02-07, 21:50
Any idea when will it constructed? best to coincide with the TOP date...will for sure, bring up the value.

As I know the premium apt residents will be moving in within this year, so....the commercial units will be operational by then.

Unregistered
16-02-07, 22:06

When did you purchase it? thought only the units outside (01 & 04) are release? so urs is either unit 02 or 03?

Unregistered
16-02-07, 22:08
As I know the premium apt residents will be moving in within this year, so....the commercial units will be operational by then.

16 commerical units? you mean those small shops? btw, within our condo also got a small shop, right?

KT
16-02-07, 23:49
I bought my #03 unit in Sept last year. I've been waiting for them to release this stack since July 06 & 1 day the agent called me & so I place the order immediately. If not wrong i'm the 1st one who book a unit in that stack :) I like it b'cos of NS facing & pool view.

As for shop in the condo....i don't think there's any. I don't think condos this era has shops in the premises.

Unregistered
20-02-07, 22:19
51#03, release meh? How big is ur area? How much u paid?

KT
20-02-07, 23:04
51#03, release meh? How big is ur area? How much u paid?

Yes, oready released. Mine is 111 SQM & I paid $507 PSF.

Unregistered
21-02-07, 19:11
which floor? abt 9th ??

KT
22-02-07, 00:23
which floor? abt 9th ??

Bingo! Anyway are you a resident yourself? Which unit did you buy?:)

Unregistered
23-02-07, 12:13
i bought blk 59 unit 17 :)

Unregistered
25-02-07, 16:55
i bought blk 59 unit 17 :)

Since reopening of show flat on 17 Feb 2007, the average selling price per unit went up by 6%.

Unregistered
25-02-07, 22:35
Since reopening of show flat on 17 Feb 2007, the average selling price per unit went up by 6%.

Is it? how you know? BTW, do you know what is the scale of the floor plan to actual unit?

Unregistered
25-02-07, 22:52
http://spring.ura.gov.sg/lad/ore/real_estate/proj_name_transac_action.cfm

very rough average price $481 psf

Unregistered
26-02-07, 12:17
http://spring.ura.gov.sg/lad/ore/real_estate/proj_name_transac_action.cfm

very rough average price $481 psf

Can't tell from here...cos the price may be due to different floors, facings, etc...

Ms Ang
28-02-07, 18:21

I actually compare my buying price prior to 17 Feb and the new buying of my unit after 17 Feb, and the ERA agent told me too....

Unregistered
28-02-07, 20:13
I actually compare my buying price prior to 17 Feb and the new buying of my unit after 17 Feb, and the ERA agent told me too....

Since u bought the unit before 17Feb07, then the price for that unit still available after 17Feb07 meh? Unless the agent has 2 price list? One is before price increase and the other is to be used for purchase after 17Feb07?
DO you have the price list of other units?

KM hater
28-02-07, 20:45
The design of the Quartz is 100x better than Kovan Melody! Modern and stylish, looks like some high end condo in River Valley or Newton! Kovan Melody looks like some EC in Tampines or Choa Chu Kang, totally not worth the money.

Ms Ang
01-03-07, 11:31
Since u bought the unit before 17Feb07, then the price for that unit still available after 17Feb07 meh? Unless the agent has 2 price list? One is before price increase and the other is to be used for purchase after 17Feb07?
DO you have the price list of other units?

My agent did show me the revised price during my visit and urge me to confirmed prior to 17 Feb.

Sorry I do not remember the price for other units, just aware that is up by average 6%

Ms Ang
01-03-07, 11:33
The design of the Quartz is 100x better than Kovan Melody! Modern and stylish, looks like some high end condo in River Valley or Newton! Kovan Melody looks like some EC in Tampines or Choa Chu Kang, totally not worth the money.

I totally agreed on your comments, Kovan Melody is quite clamp and the landscape design is not as nice as Quartz.

Unregistered
01-03-07, 11:48
I feel that Quartz really good buy...plus got potential to develop around..
Hope a big shopping mall will build at the empty land...can turn into a all-in One Hub. Better invest now than to wait till got its more developed then price will increase more!

Unregistered
01-03-07, 11:50
My agent did show me the revised price during my visit and urge me to confirmed prior to 17 Feb.

Sorry I do not remember the price for other units, just aware that is up by average 6%

So you compare your current purchase price with what is going to be the release price after 17Feb07 and it shows an increase of abt 6%?
Btw, u paying stamp duty now?

Unregistered
01-03-07, 13:58

I bought a 3+1 unit last year for $650K ($480 psf) and on the 10 Feb I visited the re-open showflat. The salesperson was encouraging me to buy the 3+1 type which has limited units. Then to my surprise, the price quoted for the one that is 2 floor lower than mine is $710K / $520 psf (nett after discount). He told me its good buy and to be fast, as after CNY (17 Feb), the price will move-up about 6% to $750K / $548 psf. Ms Ang, did they really increase 6% after 17 Feb or its just a marketing pressure?

jon
01-03-07, 17:19
i went to the quartz last week after CNY with a friend and already they quoted us average $520 psf! there were some units selling for below $500psf but they were directly facing the premium flats which are very close by.

Ms Ang
01-03-07, 19:20
So you compare your current purchase price with what is going to be the release price after 17Feb07 and it shows an increase of abt 6%?
Btw, u paying stamp duty now?

I have not pay....but going to the laywer next week....to sign legal documents, after that got t pay within 2 weeks

Ms Ang
01-03-07, 19:36
I bought a 3+1 unit last year for $650K ($480 psf) and on the 10 Feb I visited the re-open showflat. The salesperson was encouraging me to buy the 3+1 type which has limited units. Then to my surprise, the price quoted for the one that is 2 floor lower than mine is $710K / $520 psf (nett after discount). He told me its good buy and to be fast, as after CNY (17 Feb), the price will move-up about 6% to $750K / $548 psf. Ms Ang, did they really increase 6% after 17 Feb or its just a marketing pressure?

Developer price plan stategy is according/parallel with the market momentum, everyone now is talking about property and IR.

Did you realise many new condo projects is along NE line.....projects which are near TOP and TOP in 2010 like The Quartz.......This is a good sign....

KT
01-03-07, 20:57
Developer price plan stategy is according/parallel with the market momentum, everyone now is talking about property and IR.

Did you realise many new condo projects is along NE line.....projects which are near TOP and TOP in 2010 like The Quartz.......This is a good sign....

Our mass market condo greatly depend on HDB resale value. If the resale value pick up our property will be affected also. So, if you buy cheap & TOP2010, provided that the outlook of the economy is good, you're buying low selling high for anyone who is upgrading to a condo. Of course nobody can predict what will happen when 2010 comes but I guess the odds is very high.

Unregistered
02-03-07, 09:33
I think the price for those early release, still remains, if not up by a marginal %. For those new units, which were released after CNY, I think the price went up.

Ms Ang
02-03-07, 13:48
Our mass market condo greatly depend on HDB resale value. If the resale value pick up our property will be affected also. So, if you buy cheap & TOP2010, provided that the outlook of the economy is good, you're buying low selling high for anyone who is upgrading to a condo. Of course nobody can predict what will happen when 2010 comes but I guess the odds is very high.

Potentially, with IR commence in 2010, Singapore economy will surge, our governemnt will in all aspect, step in to support...its a win-win to all.

Lets all hope for the best and be positive about it!

meesiammaihum
02-03-07, 14:02
Potentially, with IR commence in 2010, Singapore economy will surge, our governemnt will in all aspect, step in to support...its a win-win to all.

Lets all hope for the best and be positive about it!

hallelujah!

Unregistered
02-03-07, 15:58
Does anyone know what's the length of the lap pool in The Quartz? Is it 40M or 50M ? I noted that the entrance to the Units are not ideal, ie. main door is side by side the immediate neighbour. Is this bad design or common in many condos?The new HDB premium flat in The Quartz vicinity doesn't have such design flaws.

Unregistered
02-03-07, 19:26
Does anyone know what's the length of the lap pool in The Quartz? Is it 40M or 50M ? I noted that the entrance to the Units are not ideal, ie. main door is side by side the immediate neighbour. Is this bad design or common in many condos?The new HDB premium flat in The Quartz vicinity doesn't have such design flaws.

The Pool is 42m.
Main door side by side...think its common..Others I went to also same
The Quartz is considered good, as there's 2 lifts for 4unit per floor.
Many is usually 6units per floor

Unregistered
02-03-07, 23:23

NOT sure of those new premium flat in The Quartz...
But I know flats in Punggol area also have such side by side design..
You cant have everything best in a condo...not easy to deisgn..
Err..What's wrong with such design?? Too near??

KT
03-03-07, 01:55
NOT sure of those new premium flat in The Quartz...
But I know flats in Punggol area also have such side by side design..
You cant have everything best in a condo...not easy to deisgn..
Err..What's wrong with such design?? Too near??

Any idea what is the seperation space between both units? Anyway I think is okay because our entrance is indented of about few cm to the main door.

Unregistered
03-03-07, 09:09
Any idea what is the seperation space between both units? Anyway I think is okay because our entrance is indented of about few cm to the main door.
Not sure leh, guess its the thickness of the concrete wall...but I think its pretty ok, cos as you have said, our main door is indented. I think its about 50cm. I think we can also install our own gate if we want, but the design I'm not sure if its standardise? Some condos required that, so that we won't 'spoilt' the design, in the sense look inconsistent.
BTW, anyone got the estimate measurement of the floor areas of the rooms?

Unregistered
08-03-07, 12:51
Anyone knows what is the estimated size of living room for 3 bedrooms? the smallest unit?

Des
09-03-07, 02:15
Anyone got a unit in Blk 57 unit 14?

It's the same design as the show flat....very chio and clean-cut deco.
No regrets for buying this unit.

Unregistered
09-03-07, 19:10
Anyone got a unit in Blk 57 unit 14?

It's the same design as the show flat....very chio and clean-cut deco.
No regrets for buying this unit.

How big is the floor area 110?? When did you purchase? How much u paid?

Blk53 Unit 05
10-03-07, 09:08

wondering what is the take up rate for The Quartz till date?

Unregistered
10-03-07, 14:57
If you are buying to stay, then take-up rate is not important. My fren lived in a 99 years leasehold condo in Tg Rhu locality where the take-up rate is not high. But he's enjoying his stay there as the common facilities such as pool, gym, bbq, tennis court are not crowded and hence became exclusive. He's not worried as the developer will still need to pay for their share of monthly maintenance for all unsold units. Hence likewise since I'm buying to stay, low take-up rate don't bother me. Infact, I'll prefer that The Quartz could TOP with 60% sold, hence only (60% X 621) 372 instead of 621 households would share the common facility for a start. Subsequently, the developer could slowly sell the rest.

Unregistered
10-03-07, 15:23
If you are buying to stay, then take-up rate is not important. My fren lived in a 99 years leasehold condo in Tg Rhu locality where the take-up rate is not high. But he's enjoying his stay there as the common facilities such as pool, gym, bbq, tennis court are not crowded and hence became exclusive. He's not worried as the developer will still need to pay for their share of monthly maintenance for all unsold units. Hence likewise since I'm buying to stay, low take-up rate don't bother me. Infact, I'll prefer that The Quartz could TOP with 60% sold, hence only (60% X 621) 372 instead of 621 households would share the common facility for a start. Subsequently, the developer could slowly sell the rest.

your friend lives in Sanctuary Green? it fits your description.

Des
10-03-07, 15:43

113sqm...$564k...during pre-launch in May-06

Go take a look at the show flat...it's worth the value....i think only 2~3 units left for this design layout.

Unregistered
10-03-07, 20:50
113sqm...$564k...during pre-launch in May-06

Go take a look at the show flat...it's worth the value....i think only 2~3 units left for this design layout.

Seems like a good buy? is it pool view or tennis view? which floor?

Unregistered
10-03-07, 22:09

if takeup rate poor, Developer will "laylong" the balanced units, hence, value of The Quartz will drop......???

Des
11-03-07, 01:42
Seems like a good buy? is it pool view or tennis view? which floor?

unit facing HDB....masterroom bath facing open plot of land...not obstructed.

snoopy
13-03-07, 05:16
wonder why there's no marble flooring??

Unregistered
13-03-07, 12:44
wonder why there's no marble flooring??

now marble flooring not in trend plus hard to maintain :)

Unregistered
18-03-07, 15:08
but evaluation of the unit will become lower for unit w/o marble flooring.

Unregistered
18-03-07, 21:34
but evaluation of the unit will become lower for unit w/o marble flooring.

By how much???

Unregistered
19-03-07, 12:49
dont think people who purchase a unit here is for investment, more of a long term stay. So doesn't really bother if valuation up or low cos of marble flooring :)

Unregistered
19-03-07, 14:35
Put in marble flooring yourself cheap cheap nia... from $3 to $7 psf nia depending on quality...

This marble floor is not an issue for me.

Unregistered
19-03-07, 18:10
Anyone know what's the latest pricing? Up or down? Anymore 3+1 study left? Am eyeing for unit 33 (Best 3 + 1) and wonder if its been release and at what pricing? Hopwe within my budget.

Unregistered
20-03-07, 13:57
Anyone know what's the latest pricing? Up or down? Anymore 3+1 study left? Am eyeing for unit 33 (Best 3 + 1) and wonder if its been release and at what pricing? Hopwe within my budget.

What is ur budget? Think there should be 3+1 but not sure if its launched :)

Unregistered
20-03-07, 16:53
What is ur budget? Think there should be 3+1 but not sure if its launched :)
Budget is +/- $650K (approx. $480 to $500 psf - reasonable price I think). Would like the 3 + 1 size and don't mind to trade-off for lower floor to maintain the budget.

Unregistered
20-03-07, 17:11
Cant really remember what's the pricing like, but I know there's someone that bought unit 19 for more than $650K, not facing pool, so if yours faces the pool, will be much more ex..

hdb facing
20-03-07, 17:11
If you get the HDB facing one, can get for under $500psf? I may be outdated, as I last looked at the prices about one month ago.

Unregistered
20-03-07, 17:39
Thks for feedback. Will go down to showflat this weekend and hopefully get a good bargain. I realised that there's quite a big PLANTER area in the living room. Wonder if we can use/convert it to balcony. Only worry is that the parapuet wall might be too low, hence dangerous for kids playing there.

Unregistered
20-03-07, 18:03
Thks for feedback. Will go down to showflat this weekend and hopefully get a good bargain. I realised that there's quite a big PLANTER area in the living room. Wonder if we can use/convert it to balcony. Only worry is that the parapuet wall might be too low, hence dangerous for kids playing there.

huh? The balcony is the planter...well, we can't do anything to change the structure of the building..or maybe should say the outlook of the building.
Is unit 33 release for sale already?

Unregistered
21-03-07, 12:38

You mean for the unit you interested in or in general the planter is big? and what is the parapuet wall you mention? I thought the planter area is shield by the transparent glass?

Unregistered
21-03-07, 15:34
You mean for the unit you interested in or in general the planter is big? and what is the parapuet wall you mention? I thought the planter area is shield by the transparent glass?
The "parapuet wall" I'm refering to could be a "transparent glass" type as seen in the brochure. I didn't confirm with the developer on the actual type and height of the "parapuet wall" that they providing. Do you know? I think in general, the planter looks quite big and to me its wasted space which I have to pay if its used solely for planter. Problem is I don't really know how to appreciate planter like some of you do.

Unregistered
22-03-07, 08:47
The "parapuet wall" I'm refering to could be a "transparent glass" type as seen in the brochure. I didn't confirm with the developer on the actual type and height of the "parapuet wall" that they providing. Do you know? I think in general, the planter looks quite big and to me its wasted space which I have to pay if its used solely for planter. Problem is I don't really know how to appreciate planter like some of you do.
OIC :) actually I intend to use that as a balcony, but not sure if its big enough...hopefully can put at least one chair there

Unregistered
30-03-07, 22:22
Latest sellthru from URA website
Total Units available : 625
Total Release till Feb 07: 320
Total Units Sold as at Feb 07: 189

Unregistered
02-04-07, 10:26
Noted that there's a buddhist temple that's a stonethrow away from The Quartz. Last Sunday morning saw jampack with many cars parking along the roads. Will this have a very negative impact on the condo? No wonder sales not that good, ie. only 189 sold (out of 625 units in development). Just comparing with other 99 leasehold takeup rate, eg. The Raintree, Centris, etc.

Unregistered
03-04-07, 12:29
I guess many have not seen the potential of this area. When news release build of shopping malls or other areas, then people will want to buy this area, by then, price already increase.

Unregistered
03-04-07, 17:14
I guess many have not seen the potential of this area. When news release build of shopping malls or other areas, then people will want to buy this area, by then, price already increase.

Of course I see the potential of this area. I would buy this area. But I won't buy condo. I would buy a HDB flat.

IMO, the only difference between the Buangkok HDB and The Quartz is the pool, tennis, and security guard.

Otherwise, no difference. In fact Buangkok HDB looks like condo, with floor to ceiling windows.

Unregistered
03-04-07, 21:58
Of course I see the potential of this area. I would buy this area. But I won't buy condo. I would buy a HDB flat.

IMO, the only difference between the Buangkok HDB and The Quartz is the pool, tennis, and security guard.

Otherwise, no difference. In fact Buangkok HDB looks like condo, with floor to ceiling windows.

Resales value of a condo and HDB will be diff.

Unregistered
03-04-07, 22:12
Noted that there's a buddhist temple that's a stonethrow away from The Quartz. Last Sunday morning saw jampack with many cars parking along the roads. Will this have a very negative impact on the condo? No wonder sales not that good, ie. only 189 sold (out of 625 units in development). Just comparing with other 99 leasehold takeup rate, eg. The Raintree, Centris, etc.

Poor response is due to lack of A&P + TOP around mid 2010, still long way to go......once is near TOP , developer will pump in marketing effort to push sales.

Unregistered
03-04-07, 23:28

I do agree that the HDB at Buangkok looks great. It all depends on what individual wants. If you want convenience of facilities, then go for condo. But if you dont need it, then of course HDB will be sufficient.

Nowadays, resale prices are dropping, unlike the past where people hope to make money out of reasale for HDB or condo. This is true only if the condo or HDB near city, else difficult.

Guess most of the people who purchase this property are for own stay and for facilities and of course convenience to MRT :)

Maybe a big shopping mall will come along as more people move into this estate, when some developer finally realise that one is needed at this area.

Unregistered
09-04-07, 11:48
The official TOP of this project is Jun 2010. 3 years from now. How come take so long? IR Marina which is such a big project will TOP in 2009. But I notice a construction site sign posting outside the developement which states that the completion date of this project is SEP 2008. So can we expect Sep 2008 to be the correct TOP date instead. Don't like to wait so long to start enjoy the Condo lifestyle that's so near the mainline MRT. Wonder if the project will delay or quality affected because of sand shortage issue in S'pore.

Unregistered
09-04-07, 12:52
oh,the sign board put sep08? Hope this is true...but usually developer will not put too early, to safeguard themselves from any liability, just in case their contractor not able to finish on time. The 2010 is it the final legal TOP? Think TOP will be earlier, the developer wants more $ into their pocket too. If its Sep08, it will be great!
Cannot compare to IR, that one is Spore attraction and income generating source..of course must expedite and expedite.
As for the sand, if it delays, then the main contractor pays the developer. This is where the long TOP becomes useful to the developer.
But if you notice China construction got lots of project going on...hope this will not affect their quality of work.
I can't wait to enjoy the facilities there too ;)

Unregistered
09-04-07, 14:16
Noted that the new HDB premium flat surrounding the BK MRT will complete as from Sep '07 to Mar '08 in stages. Hence, by SEP 2008, we'll not be affected by the construction dusts or noise of the premium flats. Most likely, by then the commercial shops there would also have been fully occupied and functional. Good timing indeed. The premium flat would also provide shelter, bust and safety to MRT station which at present is far too quiet for ladies or kids especially late at night.

Unregistered
09-04-07, 19:22
anybody knows if there will be a shelter from MRT to TQ? I think I read it somewhere before?

Unregistered
10-04-07, 11:58
Logically, there'll not be as there's a small road dividing TQ and the MRT/HDB Premium flat.

Unregistered
10-04-07, 13:31
Logically, there'll not be as there's a small road dividing TQ and the MRT/HDB Premium flat.

Hope there will be one...I thought of it before...maybe a bridge? But I remember I did read somewhere before

Unregistered
10-04-07, 13:44
Overhead bridge for 2 lane dual carriage way road? Never heard of it before in S'pore. It will definitely not meet the ROI(Return of Investment) calculation of LTA unless the now higher paid Ministry of Tpt has become more generous with tax payers money as well and relax the ROI. Wishful thinking...

Unregistered
10-04-07, 13:51
Newsletter
www.sla.gov.sg/doc/new/Land (Jan-Mar).pdf
SLA implemented several measures to improve the land sale process for and the attractiveness of the Sengkang Central site. We obtained an in-principle approval from the Land Transport Authority (LTA) for the successful tenderer to construct a covered walkway from the condominium to be built on the site to nearby Buangkok MRT station.

ANNUAL REPORT 2004/05 (PDF)
www.sla.gov.sg/doc/new/SLA_AR0405.pdf
The residential site at Sengkang Central/Buangkok Drive was ... a covered walkway to connect the future condominium to the Buangkok. MRT station. ...www.sla.gov.sg/doc/new/SLA_AR0405.pdf - 1002k - View as html

To ensure that the site was well-contested, SLA took the initiative to reduce developers’ uncertainties in bidding for the site. For example, SLA obtained an in-principle approval from the Land Transport Authority (LTA) for the construction of a covered walkway to connect the future condominium to the Buangkok MRT station.

Unregistered
10-04-07, 13:54
I'm not sure if the walkway still valids..this is what I found in the newsletter

Unregistered
10-04-07, 16:09
First time I came across this. Even the developer sales person didn't even know how to make use of this as another selling point. It will be GREAT if LTA proceed with the plan to construct the covered walkway from TQ to BK MRT. KM has the advantage of covered walkway to the Kovan MRT. Perhaps someone could confirm with the developer when visiting the showflat one of these days.

Unregistered
10-04-07, 19:07
I saw this from the newsletter incidentally cos that time I'm searching for land development for that empty land. Haha...was hoping URA will develop that into shopping mall...whether the walkway will still be constructed, I'm not sure...

Unregistered
13-04-07, 18:15
any chinese name for The Quartz?

golden0911
13-04-07, 20:55
any chinese name for The Quartz?
We visited showroom in The Quartz on last Saturday, and decided to buy one unit in 51, #04 tomorrow.....after I did compare with Yew Tee Residences. nice place in the future.....:)

Unregistered
13-04-07, 21:20
We visited showroom in The Quartz on last Saturday, and decided to buy one unit in 51, #04 tomorrow.....after I did compare with Yew Tee Residences. nice place in the future.....:)

How much you pay for? high floor or low floor

golden0911
13-04-07, 22:15
How much you pay for? high floor or low floor

It will be S$542K, facing compassvale bow.
floor 12

Unregistered
14-04-07, 18:05
It will be S$542K, facing compassvale bow.
floor 12

I brought Blk53 #10 at S$529,200...it was before price increase after CNY

Unregistered
14-04-07, 20:38
oh,the sign board put sep08? Hope this is true...but usually developer will not put too early, to safeguard themselves from any liability, just in case their contractor not able to finish on time. The 2010 is it the final legal TOP? Think TOP will be earlier, the developer wants more $ into their pocket too. If its Sep08, it will be great!
Cannot compare to IR, that one is Spore attraction and income generating source..of course must expedite and expedite.
As for the sand, if it delays, then the main contractor pays the developer. This is where the long TOP becomes useful to the developer.
But if you notice China construction got lots of project going on...hope this will not affect their quality of work.
I can't wait to enjoy the facilities there too ;)

I went to The Quartz and double check on the TOP....it was June 2010 not Sep 2008.

golden0911
14-04-07, 23:53
I brought Blk53 #10 at S$529,200...it was before price increase after CNY

facing pool or facing bow?

Unregistered
15-04-07, 11:49
facing pool or facing bow?

Planter facing bow, but bedrooms facing MRT

Unregistered
16-04-07, 18:01
I went to The Quartz and double check on the TOP....it was June 2010 not Sep 2008.

Sigh...so long...but think in Sep 2009 it will be ready..my guess ;)

Unregistered
17-04-07, 14:39
Read in today's ST that mass market condo near MRT is picking up. The latest being Casa Merah (near Tanah Merah MRT) was 90% snapped-up during pre-launch least weekend at upto $620 psf. It is also 99 years with 556 units. But how come The Quartz also near MRT but so low take-up rate and also inspite of its low selling price of hardly $518 psf? (see psf pricing at http://www.condo.com.sg/mycondo/urasales.cfm?condoid=2890). Is it because NTUC Choice home built better quality condos than Guoccoland?

Unregistered
17-04-07, 15:56
Read in today's ST that mass market condo near MRT is picking up. The latest being Casa Merah (near Tanah Merah MRT) was 90% snapped-up during pre-launch least weekend at upto $620 psf. It is also 99 years with 556 units. But how come The Quartz also near MRT but so low take-up rate and also inspite of its low selling price of hardly $518 psf? (see psf pricing at http://www.condo.com.sg/mycondo/urasales.cfm?condoid=2890). Is it because NTUC Choice home built better quality condos than Guoccoland?

In the same breath, the guy at Knight Frank also mentioned "the raintree". I supposed he meant the slow sale of the raintree lasy year. In fact, since February of this year, the developer has increased the price for the project four to five times and heard at thsi point 312 out of 315 units are already sold. The remaining 2-3 3+1 units are second floor pool facing units going for over 650 psf. In Feb, same units are only going for around 515 sqft. I have not been following Quartz, hope it is doing as well as the raintree.

Unregistered
17-04-07, 16:48

I think it is the location.
tanah merah is a better location as compare to buangkok.

quality wise, i would say guocoland is one notch higher.

Unregistered
17-04-07, 23:22
I feel that Tana Merah got good adverstisment..as many people while travelling MRT, they can see that there is a project going on. For TQ, MRT is underground, many can't see what is above the ground...Though there was an TV adv before, many could have forgotton about it.
Another thing is many, still prefer matured estate as they have not seen the potential of NE line.
I believe the strategy of GL is to keep low profile first and then do more adv when prices of other property increase. They will then increase further.

I heard that prices will increase this weekend.

Unregistered
17-04-07, 23:26
I feel that Tana Merah got good adverstisment..as many people while travelling MRT, they can see that there is a project going on. For TQ, MRT is underground, many can't see what is above the ground...Though there was an TV adv before, many could have forgotton about it.
Another thing is many, still prefer matured estate as they have not seen the potential of NE line.
I believe the strategy of GL is to keep low profile first and then do more adv when prices of other property increase. They will then increase further.

I heard that prices will increase this weekend.

Totally agreed with you....

Unregistered
21-04-07, 12:32
wonder how's sales at TQ...seems like everyone is buying property..
anybody bought any units recently?

Registered
23-04-07, 18:01
wonder how's sales at TQ...seems like everyone is buying property..
anybody bought any units recently?

Might as welll buy The Rivervale? Cheaper.

Unregistered
23-04-07, 21:42
Might as welll buy The Rivervale? Cheaper.

The Rivervale is not near to MRT, moreover its an EC. So cannot really compare. Plus Rivervale is already TOP for so long, if purchase need to pay lump sum..many who is holding on to HDB can't have deferred payment scheme. But its really much cheaper...

Unregistered
24-04-07, 13:06
The Rivervale is not near to MRT, moreover its an EC. So cannot really compare. Plus Rivervale is already TOP for so long, if purchase need to pay lump sum..many who is holding on to HDB can't have deferred payment scheme. But its really much cheaper...

EC can only be sold after 5yrs of staying? After then if purchase from the owner, do we have grant?

Unregistered
26-04-07, 00:15
EC can only be sold after 5yrs of staying? After then if purchase from the owner, do we have grant?

if you buy 2nd-hand from market for EC, you will not be given grant.

Unregistered
27-04-07, 09:42
why not let have a show of hand how many people have bought The Quartz.

- Bernard

Unregistered
27-04-07, 20:23
why not let have a show of hand how many people have bought The Quartz.

- Bernard

here's 2nd..cot ;)

Unregistered
01-05-07, 13:23
The official TOP of this project is Jun 2010. 3 years from now. How come take so long? IR Marina which is such a big project will TOP in 2009. But I notice a construction site sign posting outside the developement which states that the completion date of this project is SEP 2008. So can we expect Sep 2008 to be the correct TOP date instead. Don't like to wait so long to start enjoy the Condo lifestyle that's so near the mainline MRT. Wonder if the project will delay or quality affected because of sand shortage issue in S'pore.

IR is a money making machine, developer is more than happy to pay double or triple to contracters to work 24h everyday until 2009 to get it ready. The money will be flowing in by the min. In the case of Macau, in just one year, three casinos in Macau were able to make more than 100 casinos in Las Vegas combined.

Unregistered
03-05-07, 13:00
anyone went to sales office or showflat recent?

Unregistered
06-05-07, 05:27
Why didnt Quartz featured on recent Sunday Times as "Good Buy Condo"? I was hoping that our condo was reported in some ways as it will give some publicity and jack up the prices like our neighbouring condo (also near MRT) which has more media coverage. Also prices of our condo hasnt gone up alot ever since its launch. Just some thinking...

Unregistered
06-05-07, 05:29
"Good Buy Condo" featured are for completed projects I think. That's why Kovan Melody was featured.

KT
06-05-07, 23:23
Anybody here can advise how much TQ has increased since 1st launched?

Unregistered
07-05-07, 13:48
I think 20K at least bah...anyone bought a unit recently?

Unregistered
09-05-07, 05:57
20k increment is considered quite little as compared to other condos these days.wonder why prices at TQ didnt pick up as much........:(

Unregistered
13-05-07, 04:19
Since prices didn't go up much it is good news, ie. still can buy!!! Also found out another plus point, ie. "To ensure that the site was well-contested, SLA took the initiative to reduce developers’ uncertainties in bidding for the site. For example, SLA obtained an in-principle approval from the Land Transport Authority (LTA) for the construction of a covered walkway to connect the future condominium (The Quartz)to the Buangkok MRT Station. (see Pg 35 at this SLA website 2004/05 Annual Report -
www.sla.gov.sg/doc/new/SLA_AR0405.pdf ). The latest is that it obtain the Green Mark Award from BCA (see Friday 11 May 07's Life Section of Straits Times - Page 18 for detail's, eg. energy savings strategies like tinted glass to min heat from sun, well ventilated apartments with ample openning for natural lights,etc. Good for you if you choose to live in The Quartz.

KT
13-05-07, 23:24
Yes, agree. The BCA award is definitely a great boost to this project. Great work Guocoland!

Unregistered
17-05-07, 23:59
Just drive past TQ site at about 10.30 pm tonight and noted many construction activities. The block I bought is already 10 storey. 2 weeks ago it was only 8 storey. That's great speed indeed, ie. 1 storey per week. Wonder what's the sudden rush? Is it to avoid higher future construction cost or competing speed with building IR ?

Unregistered
20-05-07, 01:11
...The latest is that it obtain the Green Mark Award from BCA (see Friday 11 May 07's Life Section of Straits Times - Page 18 for detail's, eg. energy savings strategies like tinted glass to min heat from sun, well ventilated apartments with ample openning for natural lights,etc. Good for you if you choose to live in The Quartz.

Hmm how come this article was not in the press room in GuocoLand website?

Unregistered
21-05-07, 13:52
Hmm how come this article was not in the press room in GuocoLand website?
Either the Marketing Dept is sleeping or becomes complacent in view of recent good business and profit. Quite stupid not to capitalise on it.

Unregistered
21-05-07, 17:16
Either the Marketing Dept is sleeping or becomes complacent in view of recent good business and profit. Quite stupid not to capitalise on it.

Guess they are not that efficient in their website update?

Unregistered
21-05-07, 21:39
any idea if the showroom still open?

what is the av psf now?

am looking for a value condo to stay.

Thanks.

Unregistered
21-05-07, 23:00

what is the av psf now?

Thanks.

Huh? thought showroom always there? got close meh?? u can go to the website to look at virtual showflat though ;)

LA
21-05-07, 23:54
hi, i have purchase a unit there and my agent recenty told me that the showroom might b close for a few days b'cos they are goin' to have a mock unit soon. Perhaps who wants to go down to their showroom can give them a call. Heard this condo is selling fast and well....

ht
21-05-07, 23:57
hi, i have purchase a unit there and my agent recenty told me that the showroom might b close for a few days b'cos they are goin' to have a mock unit soon. Perhaps who wants to go down to their showroom can give them a call. Heard this condo is selling fast and well....

do you mind sharing what is the av psf now?
thanks

LA
22-05-07, 00:13
i'v checked price with agent b4 purchase and different block and level psf varies. facing swimming pool normally more expensive. mine is not facing the pool and i got it at ard $560psf in mar this yr. but heard the price has increased. but if u r looking for a condo unit, think the price increase for TQ is still reasonable as compared to other condo.

Unregistered
22-05-07, 00:33
Bro, which unit no. u buy in Mar? $560psf seems expensive leh....

LA
22-05-07, 00:41
opps!! type wrongly. my apologise. got it ard $546psf. actually can get a lower price at lower floor. but paid more for higher level since TQ is in neighbourhood environ.

Unregistered
22-05-07, 09:49
opps!! type wrongly. my apologise. got it ard $546psf. actually can get a lower price at lower floor. but paid more for higher level since TQ is in neighbourhood environ.

hey which blk & unit u got? :) is urs pool view?

Unregistered
22-05-07, 13:31

which blk and floor? how much u paid?

Unregistered
22-05-07, 15:06

what is the av psf now?

Thanks.
Since purchasing a home is BIG TICKET items, suggest you go to the showroom yourself to get first hand info on prices and also to see for yourself if the condo is suitable (meet your criteria) for you. Plus point is near MRT. Minus point is within HDB but also can enjoy HDB amenities. In todays market, I think comparatively its value condo to stay.

Unregistered
22-05-07, 18:28
Since purchasing a home is BIG TICKET items, suggest you go to the showroom yourself to get first hand info on prices and also to see for yourself if the condo is suitable (meet your criteria) for you. Plus point is near MRT. Minus point is within HDB but also can enjoy HDB amenities. In todays market, I think comparatively its value condo to stay.

Agreed...most importantly its near to MRT
Hope that opposite will build a big shopping mall and that will be perfect!

ht
22-05-07, 20:40
Thanks for the reply.

will drop by this weekend for a peek.

BTW, is TQ EC? not that it matters much, as I dun I am gonna flip it.

Unregistered
22-05-07, 21:22
Thanks for the reply.

will drop by this weekend for a peek.

BTW, is TQ EC? not that it matters much, as I dun I am gonna flip it.

Not EC :) can sell anytime..no restrictions

Unregistered
22-05-07, 23:09
Hey HT, I'm interested also but currently on oversea assignment. Can you advise us the average selling price now after you go recce? I remember the last time was around $530 which was 4 months ago. Hope the price did not varies much. Thanks in advance :)

Unregistered
22-05-07, 23:16
Agreed...most importantly its near to MRT
Hope that opposite will build a big shopping mall and that will be perfect!
With regards to MRT, it is the best line (NE). Firstly, most of the stations are underground, trains are newest and most importantly comparatively less crowded. If yiou have taken MRT to Jurong Point, then you'll know what I mean by crowded and it is the same reason why NE line is losing money, ie. inadequate ridership, which is good for us commuters. NE line conveniently connects direct to key stations such as Douby Gaut, ChinaTown, Harbour Front (connect to Sentosa IR), etc. where the action is. Also got KPE connection soon. Future plans for Punggol seafront housing and activities is also something to look forward to. Hence future for NE is bright with its potential for many brand new things to come..

Unregistered
22-05-07, 23:20
With regards to MRT, it is the best line (NE). Firstly, most of the stations are underground, trains are newest and most importantly comparatively less crowded. If yiou have taken MRT to Jurong Point, then you'll know what I mean by crowded and it is the same reason why NE line is losing money, ie. inadequate ridership, which is good for us commuters. NE line conveniently connects direct to key stations such as Douby Gaut, ChinaTown, Harbour Front (connect to Sentosa IR), etc. where the action is. Also got KPE connection soon. Future plans for Punggol seafront housing and activities is also something to look forward to. Hence future for NE is bright with its potential for many brand new things to come..

Agreed! that time my bf went for a property seminar, it says property near to NE line is the next to grow :)

Unregistered
22-05-07, 23:21
Hey HT, I'm interested also but currently on oversea assignment. Can you advise us the average selling price now after you go recce? I remember the last time was around $530 which was 4 months ago. Hope the price did not varies much. Thanks in advance :)

$530 is base on which blk?

Unregistered
22-05-07, 23:41
Agreed! that time my bf went for a property seminar, it says property near to NE line is the next to grow :)
Do you know why it is comparatively value for money? (Based on my research) The reason why TQ is sold much cheaper than others like Koven Melody, Casa Merah, Yew Tee Residence, etc. is that the developer bought the land from SLA at very much lower price than the other condos because it was bought 2 years ago during the lull period of property. If SLA were to delay the sales of this land by 2 years today, then we can never smell the present selling price of this TQ condo. Good brand new condo and no big hole in pocket. The choice is yours...

LA
23-05-07, 00:02
hey which blk & unit u got? :) is urs pool view?
Mine is blk 63 and on the higher level. blk 63 is a corner unit with a secret garden. disadv is the bbq pit below.

Unregistered
23-05-07, 10:41
Mine is blk 63 and on the higher level. blk 63 is a corner unit with a secret garden. disadv is the bbq pit below.

which unit no.? u buy liao?

Unregistered
23-05-07, 11:19
If you're on high floor should not be too bother with BBQ smell :) What is your SQF for yr apt? I'm looking at around 1200sqf. How about block 51? Seems nice facing the clubhouse & pool. Anybody here can tell me if that's sold out?

Unregistered
23-05-07, 11:36
Do you know why it is comparatively value for money? (Based on my research) The reason why TQ is sold much cheaper than others like Koven Melody, Casa Merah, Yew Tee Residence, etc. is that the developer bought the land from SLA at very much lower price than the other condos because it was bought 2 years ago during the lull period of property. If SLA were to delay the sales of this land by 2 years today, then we can never smell the present selling price of this TQ condo. Good brand new condo and no big hole in pocket. The choice is yours...

You're so correct! The selling price goes in tandem with the land price bought from SLA. This condo has quality finishes & modern looking with 80% glass facade. Moreover Guocoland build quality condos. Just take a look at their Paterson project which has almost the same design as TQ.

Unregistered
23-05-07, 11:37

Less crowded means less frequency?
Do you think this is good?

Unregistered
23-05-07, 13:29
Less crowded means less frequency?
Do you think this is good?

Not same person who wrote the above..

anyway, don't think will be less frequency, cos harbour front, chinatown and DG station is crowded.

Unregistered
23-05-07, 13:30

Thought Kovan's Land was bought earlier than us?

Unregistered
23-05-07, 13:32

Which unit & floor? when did you purchase it?

Unregistered
23-05-07, 16:42
Thought Kovan's Land was bought earlier than us?
Yes KM land was bought slightly earlier (probably 2003/4) but developer paid higher at $267 PSF. As for TQ, it was only $243 PSF (bought in 2005). Casa Merah land was bought at $318 PSF. Anyway, all the developers are taking advantage of the market situation by "uping" their profit by increasing their original selling price (which itself has already factor in profit) and kiasu buyers jump onto the bandwagon for fear of losing out. Hope there's no bubble esp when prices are going up and salaries are not going up as much.

Unregistered
23-05-07, 19:34
Yes KM land was bought slightly earlier (probably 2003/4) but developer paid higher at $267 PSF. As for TQ, it was only $243 PSF (bought in 2005). Casa Merah land was bought at $318 PSF. Anyway, all the developers are taking advantage of the market situation by "uping" their profit by increasing their original selling price (which itself has already factor in profit) and kiasu buyers jump onto the bandwagon for fear of losing out. Hope there's no bubble esp when prices are going up and salaries are not going up as much.

Seems like you have done some reseach ;) cool!

Unregistered
23-05-07, 22:38

Just heard the news that university new south wales has decided to close its singapore campus just three months afer it open. The funny thing is they are supposed to have big plan for the next 20yrs including a brand new campus is being built at changi. That goes to tell you things can turn around rather quickly in singapore. I doubt it will ever happen in other country for this sort of things.

No Need UNSW Asia
23-05-07, 23:03
Just heard the news that university new south wales has decided to close its singapore campus just three months afer it open. The funny thing is they are supposed to have big plan for the next 20yrs including a brand new campus is being built at changi. That goes to tell you things can turn around rather quickly in singapore. I doubt it will ever happen in other country for this sort of things.

We don't need UNSW here.
If you like UNSW, just go Australia.
Otherwise, go into NUS, NTU, SMU, etc..
Of course, you US and UK too.

ht
23-05-07, 23:46

no problem, will drop by this weekend. And give an update to the keen folks here.

LA
23-05-07, 23:52
Which unit & floor? when did you purchase it?
i bought higher floor unit 26.

Unregistered
24-05-07, 00:47
We don't need UNSW here.
If you like UNSW, just go Australia.
Otherwise, go into NUS, NTU, SMU, etc..
Of course, you US and UK too.

I think you miss the point
Recent "boom" in property sector has a lot to do with the aggressive push for SInagpore to become "education hub", "health care hub", "tourist hub" "banking hub"
UNSW is part of that drive to Singapore "an education hub"
If UNSW can fizzle out so rapidly because over optimistism, other hub-like initiatives could also run into problem. I guess nobody can gurantee all the investment in IRs would come out alright. The maket is clearly running ahead of itself and predicting all the initiative will be successful and the demand for properties can only go up for the next 10yrs.

Unregistered
24-05-07, 12:14
i bought higher floor unit 26.

what is the floor area? high floor is between 10-16?

LA
25-05-07, 00:21
what is the floor area? high floor is between 10-16?
Floor area 99sqm(1066sqft). Mine is above 12th floor. Paid $546psf. Actually cld have gotten a bigger unit at a lower floor with this price. But me n my husband prefer to stay in a smaller unit. It v much depends on personal preference. Initially hesitate buy TQ since its 99LH. But so long as its for own stay, its no issue to us. Furthermore its near MRT, with limited lands in Singapore, v difficult to find a home next to MRT.
For those who wants to find out more about the pricing, advisable to go down to the showflat n ask for actual pricing.

Unregistered
25-05-07, 14:40
Floor area 99sqm(1066sqft). Mine is above 12th floor. Paid $546psf. Actually cld have gotten a bigger unit at a lower floor with this price. But me n my husband prefer to stay in a smaller unit. It v much depends on personal preference. Initially hesitate buy TQ since its 99LH. But so long as its for own stay, its no issue to us. Furthermore its near MRT, with limited lands in Singapore, v difficult to find a home next to MRT.
For those who wants to find out more about the pricing, advisable to go down to the showflat n ask for actual pricing.

Yup, agree....will go down to SF to see how's the building progress ;)

Unregistered
28-05-07, 10:27
I went to the showflat yesterday, heard from agent that for 3bedrooms, in future will go up easily to $600K. Of the total units, about 50% sold...ha, I doubt the figure though...Some units still not launched..

ht
28-05-07, 21:19
I went to the showflat yesterday, heard from agent that for 3bedrooms, in future will go up easily to $600K. Of the total units, about 50% sold...ha, I doubt the figure though...Some units still not launched..

So what is the selling price of the 3BR now? less than $600K?

Didn't have the time to make the trip down last weekend.

Unregistered
28-05-07, 22:45
So what is the selling price of the 3BR now? less than $600K?

Didn't have the time to make the trip down last weekend.

Think total increase abt 8% from first launched.

ht
28-05-07, 23:35
Think total increase abt 8% from first launched.

Sorry, what was the first launched price?

if the current price is still less than 600K for a 3BR, will consider getting one. Will see if I can squeeze in some time to go down tomorrow after work, they close at 6 right??

Unregistered
29-05-07, 00:22

if the current price is still less than 600K for a 3BR, will consider getting one. Will see if I can squeeze in some time to go down tomorrow after work, they close at 6 right??

That really depend on the floor area, level, facing etc. that contribute to the price. Yes, you can get below 600K if you book last 2 months ago. Not sure now.

Unregistered
29-05-07, 09:27

Hi HT, I'm sure you can get below $600K for a 3bedroom. But the area is only about 99sqm, that comes up to 1066sqft. For larger 3 bedroom, price is near to $600K. I feel that no need to get the larger 3 bedroom, cos the space is extra area is in the kitchen (with a rear and a toilet) & more spacious living room. The 3rd bedroom is slightly bigger though.

Unregistered
29-05-07, 10:05

HT, I don't know about now. But last year Sept price for a 3 bedroom (111sqf to 113sqf) hovers between 575K to 595K on mid floor facing tennis courts.

I got mine at 111sqf @ 608K mid floor facing pool. So, it'll be good for you to compare against current price. Good luck!

Unregistered
29-05-07, 10:20
HT, I don't know about now. But last year Sept price for a 3 bedroom (111sqf to 113sqf) hovers between 575K to 595K on mid floor facing tennis courts.

I got mine at 111sqf @ 608K mid floor facing pool. So, it'll be good for you to compare against current price. Good luck!

Sorry....should be SQM instead of SQF....my apologies!

ht
29-05-07, 21:27
Thanks guys,

Went down just now at 1830H.
The showroom is officially closed since yesterday. I managed to meet one of the agents as she was leaving. Got a brochure from her, and was told that they have stopped receiving bookings !!! There were even 2 cheques that were rejected yesterday. :doh: :doh:

I think developer may be closing the showflat for a re-launch sometime later. :hell-hath-no-fury: :hell-hath-no-fury:

I have told her to let me know once booking is open again. Not sure, by how much would they raise the price though....if too much, I may pass...

ht
29-05-07, 22:02

I think you got yourself a great deal, the agent said that the bigger 3 bedders were going for about 680K before they closed the showflat.

Unregistered
29-05-07, 22:17
ht, since you don't mind living in the suburbs, maybe you can try Upper Bukit Timah, especially around the Hume area. That area may not have MRT, but it is value for money right now.

Unregistered
29-05-07, 22:22
Thanks guys,

Went down just now at 1830H.
The showroom is officially closed since yesterday. I managed to meet one of the agents as she was leaving. Got a brochure from her, and was told that they have stopped receiving bookings !!! There were even 2 cheques that were rejected yesterday. :doh: :doh:

I think developer may be closing the showflat for a re-launch sometime later. :hell-hath-no-fury: :hell-hath-no-fury:

I have told her to let me know once booking is open again. Not sure, by how much would they raise the price though....if too much, I may pass...

Hi HT, did u manage to ask her how's the take up rate? How many units launched & sold todate?

Unregistered
29-05-07, 22:52
The lady agent is CBRE or ERA?
What sqft you looking for in TQ?

ht
29-05-07, 23:14
Hi HT, did u manage to ask her how's the take up rate? How many units launched & sold todate?

No, she was chasing me out of the showroom, as I was trying to take a peek inside, and she was also leaving hurriedly as somebody was waiting for her outside.

ht
29-05-07, 23:16
The lady agent is CBRE or ERA?
What sqft you looking for in TQ?

CBRE, does it matter?

I am looking at 3BR, dun mind the 100 sqm one too. Will also look at the other bigger units, have not decided on anything, as today was the 1st time I went down and got hold of the brochure.

ht
29-05-07, 23:18
ht, since you don't mind living in the suburbs, maybe you can try Upper Bukit Timah, especially around the Hume area. That area may not have MRT, but it is value for money right now.

Yes, I also seen afew units in the area, haven's found any favourable one, and sellers are also beginning to raise their prices. Any recommendations??

LA
29-05-07, 23:45
Yes, I also seen afew units in the area, haven's found any favourable one, and sellers are also beginning to raise their prices. Any recommendations??
HT, so sad. Are u looking for west side only? cos i went down to ferreria park at loyang (east) and it is a FH. Price is reasonable n near to expressway. perhaps u may go down n take a look.
But just wondering how come the developer from TQ stop selling unit now??

Unregistered
29-05-07, 23:46

I have seen many too...in terms of pricing, I feel that TQ offers the best deal, given it is near MRT. If you don't mind 2nd hand condo, it will be cheaper with a bigger area.
Btw, you can go to Guoccoland website to view online showflat :)

ht
30-05-07, 00:08
I have seen many too...in terms of pricing, I feel that TQ offers the best deal, given it is near MRT. If you don't mind 2nd hand condo, it will be cheaper with a bigger area.
Btw, you can go to Guoccoland website to view online showflat :)

Yes, I have been to the website, infact, I have sent Guoco an email to check when are they opening up TQ for booking again.

BTW, anybody know of any good pri sch within good range?

Unregistered
30-05-07, 09:26
Yes, I have been to the website, infact, I have sent Guoco an email to check when are they opening up TQ for booking again.

BTW, anybody know of any good pri sch within good range?

The Nan Chiu primary & secondary school is located at Anchorvale Dr. That is a SAP school.

Unregistered
30-05-07, 09:35
HT, so sad. Are u looking for west side only? cos i went down to ferreria park at loyang (east) and it is a FH. Price is reasonable n near to expressway. perhaps u may go down n take a look.
But just wondering how come the developer from TQ stop selling unit now??

I almost got Ferreria Park! My bf signed the cheque, but the pen given by the agent, ink was not good. Got to re-sign..at that 30secs when the agent went to get another pen, I changed my mind..thinking no storeroom and not near to MRT, and we don't have a car..not convenient for me. But the furnishes, area with all pte housing and FH and the price, was attractive!

ht
30-05-07, 23:01
I almost got Ferreria Park! My bf signed the cheque, but the pen given by the agent, ink was not good. Got to re-sign..at that 30secs when the agent went to get another pen, I changed my mind..thinking no storeroom and not near to MRT, and we don't have a car..not convenient for me. But the furnishes, area with all pte housing and FH and the price, was attractive!

very funny !!

The location is a BIG issue for me too. :doh:
I would love to stay there IF I am retiring, when I can afford to plan my schedule around the shuttle service !! :spliff:

Unregistered
31-05-07, 01:08

My brother stays at Dahlia Park now which is in front of Ferreria Park. That place is so inconvient. Getting a loaf of bread must go to the nearest pasir ris mama shop, by car! Moreover the price there have not gone up compare to the others as there are too many condos in that area.

Unregistered
31-05-07, 01:52
My brother stays at Dahlia Park now which is in front of Ferreria Park. That place is so inconvient. Getting a loaf of bread must go to the nearest pasir ris mama shop, by car! Moreover the price there have not gone up compare to the others as there are too many condos in that area.

I did a research on the purchase price for FH at that area. It seems that price don't go up, but went down instead.
yup, its really inconvenient without car..

Unregistered
31-05-07, 01:55
very funny !!

The location is a BIG issue for me too. :doh:
I would love to stay there IF I am retiring, when I can afford to plan my schedule around the shuttle service !! :spliff:

Think the agent must be heart ache...
well guess its all fated..
I got to know TQ when travelling NE line...the handle on the train got this adv..at first feel that it will be ex, as its near MRT.
But still decide to go and take a look..can look at ID too.
My agent told us, next day will close sale..I think we decide the unit on the spot...
My biggest investment in life!

ht
31-05-07, 08:55
Think the agent must be heart ache...
well guess its all fated..
I got to know TQ when travelling NE line...the handle on the train got this adv..at first feel that it will be ex, as its near MRT.
But still decide to go and take a look..can look at ID too.
My agent told us, next day will close sale..I think we decide the unit on the spot...
My biggest investment in life!

does your agent know when they going open for the sale again?

actually, even without the seeing the showflat I may consider getting a unit directly if the price is right, i.e., not raised subtantially from when it was closed.
Guoco had not gotten back if I can buy direct from them. :sleep: :sleep:

Unregistered
31-05-07, 14:57

actually, even without the seeing the showflat I may consider getting a unit directly if the price is right, i.e., not raised subtantially from when it was closed.

I don't think u can get direct from Guocoland. The appointed agent is ERA or CBRE.

Unregistered
31-05-07, 16:53
Why bother to live in a place where you can own for more than a thousand years but have to suffer the inconvenience of even having to drive for a loaf of bread. I rather enjoy my "present lifetime" of 365 daily convenience for every single member of the household of eg. MRT, amenities, KPE, etc. Based on latest property bullrun its no brainer that location is much more important than the life of the land. If location is right, leasehold property is also in demand (just top-up lease as appropriate). The MRT is definitely a value-add. The value-add is not only on the capital (construction) of the BK MRT station ($60 to $80 million) but also the cost of operation (which will be much more than the MRT station) which brought the daily convenience to its users. (NB:Dahlia/Ferreria Park no matter how much they pay can never get the government to construct and operate an MRT station within 3 minutes walk to their condo). TQ has the practical MRT advantage making it a good buy inspite of its 99 years status and most probably I would not live beyond half of it to worry about its remaining life. Live for today.....

Unregistered
31-05-07, 17:19
Why bother to live in a place where you can own for more than a thousand years but have to suffer the inconvenience of even having to drive for a loaf of bread. I rather enjoy my "present lifetime" of 365 daily convenience for every single member of the household of eg. MRT, amenities, KPE, etc. Based on latest property bullrun its no brainer that location is much more important than the life of the land. If location is right, leasehold property is also in demand (just top-up lease as appropriate). The MRT is definitely a value-add. The value-add is not only on the capital (construction) of the BK MRT station ($60 to $80 million) but also the cost of operation (which will be much more than the MRT station) which brought the daily convenience to its users. (NB:Dahlia/Ferreria Park no matter how much they pay can never get the government to construct and operate an MRT station within 3 minutes walk to their condo). TQ has the practical MRT advantage making it a good buy inspite of its 99 years status and most probably I would not live beyond half of it to worry about its remaining life. Live for today.....

Very true, Well said!

ht
31-05-07, 19:09
I don't think u can get direct from Guocoland. The appointed agent is ERA or CBRE.

well at least would like to hear when will buyers be able to start booking again, I am sure readers of this thread will also be keen to hear about it, if they are interested.

Unregistered
31-05-07, 22:35

If my agent inform my bf, will let u know..
He say will sms my bf when price increase..so guess that's the time when showflat opens?

ht
31-05-07, 23:04
If my agent inform my bf, will let u know..
He say will sms my bf when price increase..so guess that's the time when showflat opens?

Thanks !!:cheers4:

martin wee
03-06-07, 21:53
Kinda of impulsive. Bought an 18th floor unit facing the tennis courts/BBQ pits, children play ground and the other gym last Sunday at $697,500 just before closing for phase 2 bookings.

Setback is North West facing and afteroon sun angled inevitable..same size with the current show flat but less the planter and thus slightly bigger in terms of useable space.

Kids are growing up and property prices as well. will not be affordable for them in 10 to 15 yeqars time when they start a family. leasing out upon TOP or perhaps shift in and rent out current 1 i am staying. free hold tho but not a full condo facility..henceforth, will not be able to fetch good rental though bigger in size and with ammenities nearby. Sadly committed in 1997 at $720 psf.

martin wee
03-06-07, 22:02
Boys, you can try Monfort Junior or Holy Innocent. The later is a mixed school.

Unregistered
03-06-07, 22:17
Kinda of impulsive. Bought an 18th floor unit facing the tennis courts/BBQ pits, children play ground and the other gym last Sunday at $697,500 just before closing for phase 2 bookings.

Setback is North West facing and afteroon sun angled inevitable..same size with the current show flat but less the planter and thus slightly bigger in terms of useable space.

Kids are growing up and property prices as well. will not be affordable for them in 10 to 15 yeqars time when they start a family. leasing out upon TOP or perhaps shift in and rent out current 1 i am staying. free hold tho but not a full condo facility..henceforth, will not be able to fetch good rental though bigger in size and with ammenities nearby. Sadly committed in 1997 at $720 psf.

hehe..I know u bought BLK57..though afternoon sun on the wall, but at least unblock..

ht
03-06-07, 22:41
some might have read from the Infiniti thread that I have bought a unit there.

nevertheless, I am still keeping a keen watch on the quartz when it re-opens for booking.

it's fun and "rewarding" experience sharing with like-minded pple in this forum. :) :)

martin wee
03-06-07, 23:06
yup..blk 57..came in late as i was scouting around..by the time i came to know about the Quartz..only left with a handful..pool facing only left with 3rd floor for blk 57 i think stack 11 and a couple in stack 12..didn't really like 12 as it's too close to the next block..hence, gone on to stack 13 tho afternoon sun..good think unblock and can't have high rise due to underground mrt..not exactly sure what would be in place as i can't find anything in the net for future development for tht piece of vacant land..if park..will enhance leasing potential...

Unregistered
03-06-07, 23:23
yup..blk 57..came in late as i was scouting around..by the time i came to know about the Quartz..only left with a handful..pool facing only left with 3rd floor for blk 57 i think stack 11 and a couple in stack 12..didn't really like 12 as it's too close to the next block..hence, gone on to stack 13 tho afternoon sun..good think unblock and can't have high rise due to underground mrt..not exactly sure what would be in place as i can't find anything in the net for future development for tht piece of vacant land..if park..will enhance leasing potential...

I tried to find anything for that piece of vacant land but nothing too...but don't think will be anymore HDB :)

martin wee
04-06-07, 09:34
ah...best..shopping mall will be great..

Unregistered
04-06-07, 11:28
ah...best..shopping mall will be great..

You can check the master plan 2003 from the URA website.
The big empty plot is planned for a place of worship, a school, a park and residential proposes.

See the link for the URA master plan.
http://www.ura.gov.sg/ppd/gazettedmp2003/index-frontmp2003.htm

martin wee
04-06-07, 13:42
thanks Pal...

Unregistered
04-06-07, 14:17
You can check the master plan 2003 from the URA website.
The big empty plot is planned for a place of worship, a school, a park and residential proposes.

See the link for the URA master plan.
http://www.ura.gov.sg/ppd/gazettedmp2003/index-frontmp2003.htm
The place of worship is already confirmed and demarcated. It is a brand new mosques at the far end of the field; very far away from TQ. Other than this, the rest, ie. Park, school, etc. are OK.

Unregistered
04-06-07, 22:52
The place of worship is already confirmed and demarcated. It is a brand new mosques at the far end of the field; very far away from TQ. Other than this, the rest, ie. Park, school, etc. are OK.

really? I can't view it..mosques..wonder if it will be noisy..

Unregistered
05-06-07, 10:01
really? I can't view it..mosques..wonder if it will be noisy..
The reason why you can't view it is that it is very far away. Far end of field near Baungkok Green vicinity...

Unregistered
05-06-07, 11:39
The reason why you can't view it is that it is very far away. Far end of field near Baungkok Green vicinity...

Is it near IMH that side?
HOpe the sound of the bell from Mosque will not travel to our area

But looking at the current development, do you think a commercial mall will be more likely to be build rather than residential? Hope they will amend the Master Plan :)

Unregistered
05-06-07, 11:42
Is it near IMH that side?
HOpe the sound of the bell from Mosque will not travel to our area

But looking at the current development, do you think a commercial mall will be more likely to be build rather than residential? Hope they will amend the Master Plan :)

It will be great if that piece of land is develop into a park..but looking at spore scarce land, don't think govt will build school or park so near to MRT.
Don't think there is any so far?
More likely will be a commercial cum residential like Centris?

Unregistered
06-06-07, 22:30
guess commercial will be vital for increasing the traffic in the buangkok mrt vicinity.

Unregistered
06-06-07, 22:59
guess commercial will be vital for increasing the traffic in the buangkok mrt vicinity.

Agreed :) hope that some developer will realise the potential :) if not, a park will be good too..

Unregistered
08-06-07, 18:11
Which block is the best? Can we have a poll on best block contest?