PDA

View Full Version : Grand Duchess at St Patrick's (D15, Freehold, UIC)

mr funny
04-12-06, 16:15
Nov 27, 2006
Katong condo sells all 121 units within 36 hours
By Fiona Chan

IT WAS as hot as Katong laksa.

Hundreds of potential buyers were turned away yesterday from a new Katong condominium that was sold out within 36 hours of its soft launch on Friday.

Grand Duchess at St Patrick's was so popular that all 121 units were unexpectedly snapped up by Saturday night at its invitation-only soft launch.

But hopeful buyers continued to turn up in droves yesterday, having received invitations for 'previews' that were to be staggered until Wednesday.

The demand was 'stronger than expected' and Singaporean buyers formed 85 per cent of those who managed to snare units, said Mr Vito Koh, group general manager of developer United Industrial Corporation (UIC).

'When we started taking orders on Friday, all hell broke loose. We had to turn away hundreds of people yesterday,' he added.

However, the showflat in St Patrick's Road will be kept open for another two weeks, as planned.

Advertisements scheduled this week to announce the condominium's public launch this coming weekend will also be run, but as 'thank-you advertisements' instead, said Mr Koh.

The robust take-up for Grand Duchess occurred despite a price tag some 10per cent higher than those of neighbouring properties.

The freehold condominium's price was raised twice over Friday and Saturday to $740 per sq ft (psf), or to about $1 million for a three-bedroom unit.

This compares to $650 psf for nearby St Patrick's Loft and less than $700 psf for Poshgrove East down the road.

However, just over 20 out of the 37 units at St Patrick's Loft have found takers over the last two months.

At 76-unit Poshgrove East, only 57 units were sold within a month in August, before developer Tong Eng Group halted sales temporarily.

Property consultants said that the surprisingly keen interest in Grand Duchess could stem from the unique colonial villas fronting the condominium. These villas were previously owned by the family of Straits Chinese tycoon Tan Kim Seng.

One of the villas will be converted into a clubhouse with extensive facilities, such as a theatre lounge and spa treatment rooms.

'It is very unusual for a condo to sell out like that so quickly,' said Mr Nicholas Mak, director of research and consultancy at Knight Frank.

'It's definitely not typical of lower-end condos, although some selected projects that have been very well-publicised do move fast.'

But Mr Ku Swee Yong, director of marketing and business development at Savills Singapore, said the strong sales may indicate growing demand for mid-tier homes, which have so far lagged behind luxury properties in the current market rebound.

'There is interest at the mid-tier level for sure, and if they are reasonably priced and provide good value for money in terms of design and features, they will sell,' he said.

[email protected]

Unregistered
17-03-07, 22:13
Hope for the best expect the worst . What goes up must come down .

Unregistered
31-03-08, 09:38
Haha... its up, up and up; and will be still up maybe slower.

Unregistered
03-04-08, 10:26
yep up up and up

Unregistered
04-04-08, 10:52
Any units for sale pls post info or contact me, tks.

Unregistered
06-04-08, 00:28
Any units for sale pls post info or contact me, tks.

what crap ... how to contact you? you could be anyone ...

Unregistered
11-04-08, 10:03
what crap ... how to contact you? you could be anyone ...

If you want to sell, just post it here, then interested buyers may contact you!

Grandlady
19-08-08, 10:45
Any idea what is the latest psf done for this Project ?
appreciaye some advice ..
Thxs

Unregistered888888
19-08-08, 17:18
Thxs
no transaction this year

Real Estate Pundit
20-08-08, 12:13
.....was in Dec 2007. Unit #05-0X 3218sqft__$870psf. Should be a penthouse.

Grandlady
20-08-08, 13:00
Thxs to all for yr updates.. Will be on the lookout for a 3 bedder.

Cheers !

Unregistered99
21-08-08, 12:48

Cheers !
u mean ur buying? I am the owner with 2 units for sales
how to contact u

Bugs
21-08-08, 13:53

Cheers !

I have a 3 bedder for sale. Contact me. Thanks.

Unregistered123
21-08-08, 13:59
So many seller now. Better wait...you will get $ 600+ psf soon man.

buy
21-08-08, 17:10
600 Psf? is it possible?

Unregistered8
29-08-08, 10:01
600 Psf? is it possible?
St Pat View was enbloced last yr at >$800 psf ppr

buy
29-08-08, 21:06
how the progress?

Joe6816
01-09-08, 10:42
Thxs

Total price sqft price psf option date
1,610,000 1,668 965 Aug-08

Joe6816
01-09-08, 10:43
u mean ur buying? I am the owner with 2 units for sales
how to contact u

Call me, Joe 81712412. Have buyers with me. Call me, thanks

Unregistered123
13-09-08, 08:06
End 2006 cheong up, this year cheong down :D

Joe6816
22-09-08, 12:11
Total price sqft price psf option date
1,610,000 1,668 965 Aug-08

Fire Sale, Grand Duchess. Asking 900psf only. Call for details

buy
22-09-08, 13:31
Fire Sales might not last very long...

if this continue...

this will cause a hike in Property prices

SINGAPORE
Singapore shares ended the morning session flat with the benchmark Straits Times Index (STI) up 1.14 points, or 0.04 per cent, at 2,560.21.
Around 1 billion shares exchanged hands.
Gainers beat losers 265 to 201.
KUALA LUMPUR
At 12.30pm today, there were 216 gainers, 246 losers and 184 counters traded unchanged on the Bursa Malaysia.
The KLCI was at 1,028.24 up 2.54 points, the FBM2BRD was at 4,963.62 down 25.25 points, and the FBMEmas was at 6,824.83 up 25.61 points.
Turnover was at 280.031 million shares valued at RM500.685 million (S$209 million)
HONG KONG
Hong Kong shares opened up 2.8 per cent on Monday, rallying on a Wall Street rebound last week after US authorities announced a massive federal bailout plan.
The benchmark Hang Seng Index jumped 541.29 points to 19,869.02.
SHANGHAI
Chinese share prices soared 6.38 per cent by midday on Monday as China's securities regulator introduced further stimulus measures to boost the stock market, dealers said.
The benchmark Shanghai Composite Index, which covers A and B shares, was up 132.39 points at 2,207.48.
The Shanghai A-share index gained 139.07 points, or 6.38 per cent, to 2,318.18 and the Shenzhen A-share index jumped 17.81 points, or 2.85 per cent, to 643.14.
TOKYO
Japanese share prices rose 1.98 per cent in morning trade on Monday on hopes over a US bailout for the financial sector, although the market was down from early highs, dealers said.
The Tokyo Stock Exchange's benchmark Nikkei-225 index rose 236.04 points to 12,156.90 by the end of the morning session.
The broader Topix index of all first-section shares edged up 25.58 points or 2.23 per cent to 1,174.70. -- AFP, BERNAMA, REUTERS

Joe6816
22-09-08, 13:48
Fire Sales might not last very long...

if this continue...

this will cause a hike in Property prices

SINGAPORE
Singapore shares ended the morning session flat with the benchmark Straits Times Index (STI) up 1.14 points, or 0.04 per cent, at 2,560.21.
Around 1 billion shares exchanged hands.
Gainers beat losers 265 to 201.
KUALA LUMPUR
At 12.30pm today, there were 216 gainers, 246 losers and 184 counters traded unchanged on the Bursa Malaysia.
The KLCI was at 1,028.24 up 2.54 points, the FBM2BRD was at 4,963.62 down 25.25 points, and the FBMEmas was at 6,824.83 up 25.61 points.
Turnover was at 280.031 million shares valued at RM500.685 million (S$209 million)
HONG KONG
Hong Kong shares opened up 2.8 per cent on Monday, rallying on a Wall Street rebound last week after US authorities announced a massive federal bailout plan.
The benchmark Hang Seng Index jumped 541.29 points to 19,869.02.
SHANGHAI
Chinese share prices soared 6.38 per cent by midday on Monday as China's securities regulator introduced further stimulus measures to boost the stock market, dealers said.
The benchmark Shanghai Composite Index, which covers A and B shares, was up 132.39 points at 2,207.48.
The Shanghai A-share index gained 139.07 points, or 6.38 per cent, to 2,318.18 and the Shenzhen A-share index jumped 17.81 points, or 2.85 per cent, to 643.14.
TOKYO
Japanese share prices rose 1.98 per cent in morning trade on Monday on hopes over a US bailout for the financial sector, although the market was down from early highs, dealers said.
The Tokyo Stock Exchange's benchmark Nikkei-225 index rose 236.04 points to 12,156.90 by the end of the morning session.
The broader Topix index of all first-section shares edged up 25.58 points or 2.23 per cent to 1,174.70. -- AFP, BERNAMA, REUTERS

AGREE.........

registered
22-09-08, 13:51

pls learn to define the correct terms - 900psf is not fire sale.

developer sold at 700-750psf - if its below that then call it fire sale.

900psf is normal

Joe6816
22-09-08, 13:59

900psf is normal

700 -750 IS HISTORY. Everytime you hear someone said. How I wish I had bought this place at $xxx, so cheap. Now this place worth $XXXX. Wasted.

BENTLY
23-09-08, 11:28

900psf is normal

Definition of Sale:

900 psf = Huge Profitable Sale
800 psf = Profitable Sale
700 psf = Developer Sale
600 psf = Lelong Sale
500 psf = Fire Sale
400 psf = No Sale

TKT
23-09-08, 16:04
Definition of Sale:

700 psf = Developer Sale
600 psf = Lelong Sale
500 psf = Fire Sale
400 psf = No Sale

Crack me up! :spliff:

I'll use this definition in future for fire sale!

U need a crackpipe
25-09-08, 13:12
u need a crackpipe to call that firesale. Dumbass agents who knw nothing will call every property they are marketing a firesale.

recession
30-09-08, 08:42

900psf is normal

This owner will be asking 700 psf now, also no buyer. Look at Todays stock price then talk lah, you stupid idiot. Rich man all peeing on their pants. Better sell what you have still thinking of buying or holding your property?

Unregistered123456
03-10-08, 11:29
This owner will be asking 700 psf now, also no buyer. Look at Todays stock price then talk lah, you stupid idiot. Rich man all peeing on their pants. Better sell what you have still thinking of buying or holding your property?

Conversely, with the stock mkt down recently, the next best substitute is to invest in property.

Real Estate Pundit
03-10-08, 12:13
Conversely, with the stock mkt down recently, the next best substitute is to invest in property.

Actually, the next best substitute is NOT to invest in physical properties BUT rather in property stocks.

Stocks are easier to transact and will have greater rebound on recovery. The physical property prices will need greater momentum to move upwards again.....and not anytime soon.

Real Estate Pundit
03-10-08, 12:17
However the timing to get into the stock market is not now.....I am told that property prices and the property stocks still have some more correction before they can be considered as 'BUY'.

kudos to you.
06-10-08, 11:47
Hi! So far nothing from the sales committee. I last asked someone in the condo MC what's happening she said nothing cuz no one's willing to take up this project in the current situation so that's good news for me actually. After taking up so much time to renovate the whole house, am really quite happy staying here for a while.I think when people in condo say they feel it's a downgrade to live in HDB, i understand. Every afternoon when i've nothing to do, i go to the gym, have a swim. Neighbours are friendly. It's really a boom staying in this kind of environment.As for the prices, i'm also starting to look again. May not even buy anything till 5 years or more since the last time after 1997, it took more than 5 years to bottom out. Hopefully this rescue package makes things even worse for US, then it's really shopping time! Yeah!As for those who are suffering in this coming recession, am really sorry. Not my intention to irritate you. Just happy i get to do what i wanted to for a while but the sky rocketing prices last year really threw everything out of the window.For those who are over stretch am sure if they survive this episode, they will come out of this much better than everyone else, so hang on.

tie your neak
08-10-08, 07:49
All you losers talk so much cock also will not stop condo prices from falling.
Singapore will go into recession and all your properties will go under water.
Get a rope ready to tie around your neaks.

tie ur own neck
08-10-08, 08:40
hey clown, go tie ur own neck n jump off a buildng coz u r losing ur job soon. I think u r mre worried than a lot of cndo owners here coz u dont even have enuf to pay ur hdb mortgage
All you losers talk so much cock also will not stop condo prices from falling.
Singapore will go into recession and all your properties will go under water.
Get a rope ready to tie around your neaks.

Investor123
10-10-08, 15:44
Actually, the next best substitute is NOT to invest in physical properties BUT rather in property stocks.

Stocks are easier to transact and will have greater rebound on recovery. The physical property prices will need greater momentum to move upwards again.....and not anytime soon.

Diff school of thought - Stock prices in the short term will not rally up. Company earnings will not improve in the medium term bec of poor public sentiments. Every single company is trying to control cost spending now.

Property developers will start to panick and try all means to reduce risk exposure by fire sale now.

Investors, in particular, equity firms will start looking for ways to park their money instead of bonds and stocks so the only thing is commodities - oil, gold and property.

Good time to buy now or not, u decide, but by the time most people knows its good time to buy property, property prices oredi has gone up.

lhr
12-10-08, 19:18
those ppl that thinks property prices will hold during stock mkt decline n recession pls stop dreaming. When hs that ever happen in history? Ppl wud be dumping properties. Look at tis wkend classified, the asking prices r already clearly lower.

Q2
20-10-08, 15:02
those ppl that thinks property prices will hold during stock mkt decline n recession pls stop dreaming. When hs that ever happen in history? Ppl wud be dumping properties. Look at tis wkend classified, the asking prices r already clearly lower.
Maybe they lower their selling to buy Reflection?

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of September 2008

Project Name ................ Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
Reflections @ Keppel Bay . RCR ........ 8 ............................... 2,367 ............. 2,086 ........... 1,695

Wow! $2,367psf!

Prof Lilian Ng (NBS, NTU)
21-10-08, 15:20
Maybe they lower their selling to buy Reflection?
Are we near the kind of economic difficulty faced during the Great Depression? The US economy today is much stronger than it was in 1929 and the fundamentals are still pretty strong regardless of the crisis we're in.

If you look at the numbers, they are so dramatically different. GDP growth in the US is about 1% and I'm sure it will fall but it is nothing like the -27% during the Great Depression. Unemployment is about 6.1%, but during the Great Depression it was 25%.

Today's world is very different from the Great Depression period - there is greater linkage between fiscal policies and the economy than before and all policymakers are working together. So we are not even close to the level of difficulties faced then.

registered1234
22-10-08, 16:16
Are we near the kind of economic difficulty faced during the Great Depression? The US economy today is much stronger than it was in 1929 and the fundamentals are still pretty strong regardless of the crisis we're in.

If you look at the numbers, they are so dramatically different. GDP growth in the US is about 1% and I'm sure it will fall but it is nothing like the -27% during the Great Depression. Unemployment is about 6.1%, but during the Great Depression it was 25%.

Today's world is very different from the Great Depression period - there is greater linkage between fiscal policies and the economy than before and all policymakers are working together. So we are not even close to the level of difficulties faced then.

Thanx Prof Lilian, this is very enlightening. NOW I believe all the talks about recession is not true.

buy
22-10-08, 16:36
dun think all this downturn is really true

I think the rich want to squeeze every cent

out of it only

Look at the stock market

Every monday and tue will go up

then wed to friday will drop down one

Think of it

Why those so call top notch guys always said market downturn

everything so negative

Think of it , arent they pay to make money for the company?

Arent they should be talking something about up the market

U decide

Unregistered12345
22-10-08, 16:37
Thanx Prof Lilian, this is very enlightening. NOW I believe all the talks about recession is not true.

I think you have misunderstood Prof Lilian or you are in dreamland. She did not say there is NO recession, just that it may not be as bad as the Great Depression and that with appropriate assistance and cooperation of the goverments around the world, the difficulties may not be too bad.

Just saw a news article that confirms Singapore is in a recession so that's bad news. On the other hand, I do believe our government is well equiped to help Singapore through the tough times.

Reuters - Wednesday, October 22SINGAPORE, Oct 21 - Singapore's parliament voted on Tuesday to amend the city-state's constitution to allow the government more access to the country's reserves to cope with a faltering economy, local media reported.

The changes to the constitution will allow the government to draw on more returns from investing the reserves, so that its income can keep pace with rising expenditure, reported the pro-government newspaper The Straits Times on its website.

Official flash estimates showed this month that Singapore's economy contracted at an annualised rate of 6.3 percent in the third quarter after seasonal adjustments, pushing the export dependent economy into recession for the first time since 2002.

"We have the resources to do this and we have the resilience to see ourselves through," Singapore's Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong was quoted by The Straits Times as telling parliament.

Lee also said that the government was preparing measures to help businesses, families and workers cope with the downturn. State broadcaster ChannelNewsAsia reported that the extra funds would be spent on research and development projects and medical care for the aged.

CIMB economist Song Seng Wun said the move gave the government more options to deal with a gloomy economic outlook.

"It will give them the flexibility to use the funds for a rainy day and I think a rainy day may be upon us," Song said.

The global financial crisis has led Singapore to announce last week it will guarantee all local and foreign currency deposits in banks, finance companies and investment banks operating in the city-state with immediate effect, backed by S$150 billion government reserves.

Economies across Asia are set to slow this year as the financial crisis threatens to push developed nations into recession, depressing demand for Asian exports.

Unregistered12345
22-10-08, 16:44

out of it only

Look at the stock market

Think of it

everything so negative

U decide

Unfortunately, the stock market has fallen almost 50% in a short span of time. Sad to say, the up is only up for a little bit, and the down is down a lot. Sort of like 1 step forward and 3 step backwards. :(

Making money, buy and sell in every industry boils down to basic economics. Assuming I own a clothes store, what can I do if nobody wants to buy? How do I make money then? Give discount and end up losing money?

If only things can be so easy. I wish there was a quick solution but I doubt it.

registered1234
22-10-08, 16:44

out of it only

Look at the stock market

Think of it

everything so negative

U decide

Thanx buy, you are so smart. NOW I strongly believe all the talks about recession will not happen at all!! what is your surname ? buy ?

registered1234
22-10-08, 16:45
no,no, not true. not true.

I think you have misunderstood Prof Lilian or you are in dreamland. She did not say there is NO recession, just that it may not be as bad as the Great Depression and that with appropriate assistance and cooperation of the goverments around the world, the difficulties may not be too bad.

Just saw a news article that confirms Singapore is in a recession so that's bad news. On the other hand, I do believe our government is well equiped to help Singapore through the tough times.

Reuters - Wednesday, October 22SINGAPORE, Oct 21 - Singapore's parliament voted on Tuesday to amend the city-state's constitution to allow the government more access to the country's reserves to cope with a faltering economy, local media reported.

The changes to the constitution will allow the government to draw on more returns from investing the reserves, so that its income can keep pace with rising expenditure, reported the pro-government newspaper The Straits Times on its website.

Official flash estimates showed this month that Singapore's economy contracted at an annualised rate of 6.3 percent in the third quarter after seasonal adjustments, pushing the export dependent economy into recession for the first time since 2002.

"We have the resources to do this and we have the resilience to see ourselves through," Singapore's Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong was quoted by The Straits Times as telling parliament.

Lee also said that the government was preparing measures to help businesses, families and workers cope with the downturn. State broadcaster ChannelNewsAsia reported that the extra funds would be spent on research and development projects and medical care for the aged.

CIMB economist Song Seng Wun said the move gave the government more options to deal with a gloomy economic outlook.

"It will give them the flexibility to use the funds for a rainy day and I think a rainy day may be upon us," Song said.

The global financial crisis has led Singapore to announce last week it will guarantee all local and foreign currency deposits in banks, finance companies and investment banks operating in the city-state with immediate effect, backed by S$150 billion government reserves.

Economies across Asia are set to slow this year as the financial crisis threatens to push developed nations into recession, depressing demand for Asian exports.

Unregistered12345
22-10-08, 16:47
no,no, not true. not true.

I wish I wish its not true too

What?
22-10-08, 18:20

I know we forecasted technical recession for Q3 2008. Unless the final figures are different, we can assume we are in a technical recession in Q3 2008.

Which part of the article says we are in recession?
You mean 3% growth for 2008 is recession?

UnregĄstered
22-10-08, 18:24

Did Prof Lilian Ng says the US is in recession? She didn't say yes nor no. She only says US has a 1% growth.

Will the US go into a recession? Maybe? Maybe not? I don't know. I know they are trying to avoid that. Can they do it? I don't know.

I know:
1% growth is not recession.
-1% growth is recession.

Unregistered12345
22-10-08, 18:50
I know we forecasted technical recession for Q3 2008. Unless the final figures are different, we can assume we are in a technical recession in Q3 2008.

Which part of the article says we are in recession?
You mean 3% growth for 2008 is recession?

Third paragraph of the article says recession:

RegĄstered
22-10-08, 19:19

The word recession was used wrongly in the article. It should have read technical recession. "It is estimated that Singapore is in technical recession in the third quarter ......"

This is because Singapore is not in recession. The growth of our first 3 quarters is positive. Unless there is negative growth then we are in recession.

IBD
22-10-08, 19:26

Are Singaporean so ignorant?

They don't even know whether the country is in recession or not? Just because Reuters mistyped "technical recession" with "recession", everyone believes we are in recession?

Q3 growth is lower than Q2 growth. Q2 growth is lower than Q1 growth. Since there are 2 quarters of contraction, Singapore is in "technical recession".

The growth for the first 3 quarters is +3.3%, i.e. we are not in a "recession".

Boyboy
23-10-08, 21:04
But if no recession then how to get my Esta at 700psf. I don't mind low floor or bad stack. Just 700psf will do.

Joe6816
24-10-08, 10:47
But if no recession then how to get my Esta at 700psf. I don't mind low floor or bad stack. Just 700psf will do.

Even recession also hard to get at 700psf. Btw claymore only 2 transactions this year.

Financial Crisis!
03-11-08, 17:40
Quote of the month!

This is worse than a divorce! I've lost more than half my networth and I still have a wife!

Miow
03-11-08, 19:59
Did Prof Lilian Ng says the US is in recession? She didn't say yes nor no. She only says US has a 1% growth.

Will the US go into a recession? Maybe? Maybe not? I don't know. I know they are trying to avoid that. Can they do it? I don't know.

I know:
1% growth is not recession.
-1% growth is recession.

Don't get too obsessed with the word "recession". What's more important is job creation and the unemployment rate. Unemployment rate remains at low at 2.2% in 3Q08. While the number of new jobs created (57,800) was lower than 2Q08's, it equaled to 3Q07's. Despite global financial crisis and stock market meltdown, Singapore's job market is still holding up, at least for the time being. Singapore's first integrated resort kick-started its staff recruitment 2 weeks ago and is slated to employ some 10,000 people. Inclduing the "multiplier effect", the new employment per integrated resort could be 20,000 to 30,000. The first integrated resort is scheduled for soft opening in 2009 and the second one in 2010. 2008 is not 1998!

aussieblues
04-02-09, 20:57
Any idea when this project will TOP? The construction progress seems very slow...

Geylang OKT
04-02-09, 23:38
This one near to St Pat's rite? Maybe developer no money :D

WolleyDragon
17-02-09, 08:59
Any idea when this project will TOP? The construction progress seems very slow...

When is the legal completion date?

Actually, it's in the interest of the developer to complete any project as soon as possibile (once development is fully sold). That way, they can collect all the sales proceeds (I guess this was sold under the DPS).

kelvinlck
28-02-09, 12:36
It seems it will need at least a year before it could be completed nicely. Any idea how's the quality of the contractor?

sharp
12-04-09, 10:16
Definition of Sale:

700 psf = Developer Sale
600 psf = Lelong Sale
500 psf = Fire Sale
400 psf = No Sale

Any owners or agents here have unit (not ground floor) for sale at developer price? Prefer 3 bedrooms.

Serious buyer. Please PM me with the offer.

Thanks.

b&j
17-04-09, 11:38
It seems it will need at least a year before it could be completed nicely. Any idea how's the quality of the contractor?
Quality should be good cos its by UOL. But one thing abt this project is, its too near to St Patrick Sch, might get to hear nation anthem every morning. :doh:

terence
06-05-09, 15:34
Quality should be good cos its by UOL. But one thing abt this project is, its too near to St Patrick Sch, might get to hear nation anthem every morning. :doh:

its uic bro. Think Lian Beng is the construction company. Any grand duchess's owners have the showroom photos? Or which is the company that did the id for the showroom?

sharp
06-05-09, 23:43
Any owners or agents here have unit (not ground floor) for sale at developer price? Prefer 3 bedrooms.

Serious buyer. Please PM me with the offer.

Thanks.

Anyone with a good price for the 3 BR?

WolleyDragon
30-06-09, 11:30
how come this development is taking so long?:scared-5:

terence
30-06-09, 13:57
how come this development is taking so long?:scared-5:

pay the place a visit. It's coming up soon....

WolleyDragon
30-06-09, 15:50
pay the place a visit. It's coming up soon....

You sure? I go by the site everyweekend and frankly don't see much progress..

In fact, the house / development in front of Grand Duchess seem to build faster than this condo..:scared-4:

katong
30-06-09, 23:46
You sure? I go by the site everyweekend and frankly don't see much progress..

In fact, the house / development in front of Grand Duchess seem to build faster than this condo..:scared-4:

developer UIC advised TOP will be before school starts in Jan2010

terence
01-07-09, 13:48
developer UIC advised TOP will be before school starts in Jan2010

Agree. Likely end Dec or early Jan 2010.

WolleyDragon
22-07-09, 11:47
looks like developer is also rushing..:)

katong
22-07-09, 21:12
handover date is confirmed 31 Dec latest

anyone been chased out by St Pat's school security guards when view the condo from the car park? why do have to do this?

terence
24-07-09, 11:41
handover date is confirmed 31 Dec latest

anyone been chased out by St Pat's school security guards when view the condo from the car park? why do have to do this?

On one weekend, one guard gestured to me to leave. I signalled to him that i would not take long and he relented. Go during a weekday, no probs for me so far.

Time to look for ID soon. :)

katong
26-07-09, 12:24
it will be nice to see the clubhouse. the condo guards have mentioned it is beautifully restored and decorated.

yes time to look for ID, here is a good site - renotalk.com

terence
26-07-09, 12:52
it will be nice to see the clubhouse. the condo guards have mentioned it is beautifully restored and decorated.

yes time to look for ID, here is a good site - renotalk.com

Yup check out this forum already. Heard ideal house pretty good. will touch base with them prob oct. Maybe if we get them to do together can get cheaper quote. Haha!

katong
01-08-09, 17:54
project won Asia Pacific Residential Property Awards, Best Asia Pacific Apartment 2009. excellent.

http://www.residentialpropertyawards.net/index.php/Asia-Pacific/Winners/2009-Apartment.html

terence
03-08-09, 10:49
project won Asia Pacific Residential Property Awards, Best Asia Pacific Apartment 2009. excellent.

http://www.residentialpropertyawards.net/index.php/Asia-Pacific/Winners/2009-Apartment.html

Went into the link. Pity no photos.
Wow, they won 2 awards!

cl0ver
05-08-09, 12:38
a relative is interested in this place.
any sellers pls PM me.

kongming17
18-08-09, 10:50
Can anyone confirm whether this project is within 1km to Tao Nan School? Thanks in advance.....

Property_Owner
18-08-09, 10:55
Can anyone confirm whether this project is within 1km to Tao Nan School? Thanks in advance.....

yup. 1 km :) :) :) :)

kongming17
18-08-09, 10:59
Thanks for your quick reply. Cheers!

terence
25-08-09, 08:19
Thanks for your quick reply. Cheers!

I took a look at Grand Duchess up on the overhead bridge just outside the development yesterday. I think this project is manificent! Can't wait to move in :)

Kuchi
25-08-09, 09:39
Even 1km also must ballot, don't waste your time and money if you think buy a property can get your kid into Tao Nan! You can read some more on the same topic in kiasuparents.com

katong
25-08-09, 20:48
I took a look at Grand Duchess up on the overhead bridge just outside the development yesterday. I think this project is manificent! Can't wait to move in :)
absolutely agreed, the club-house will be great, and for the ground layout. I was speaking for the condo guard last Sunday, for 10mins and noted few car drivers were driving and looking at the condo, the guards were amused that some even asked for the showroom.

this development was sold out 36hours back in 2006.
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/11/28/asia/16148952&sec=asia

the development is meeting the year end TOP. heard from UIC they are meeting the resident's request to complete before school starts next Jan. most residents bought the place because they have kids already study in nearby schools.

focus
25-08-09, 21:28
Even 1km also must ballot, don't waste your time and money if you think buy a property can get your kid into Tao Nan! You can read some more on the same topic in kiasuparents.com

I think he will stand a better chance saving the $1 mil ..and donating $200k to the school instead.

kongming17
28-08-09, 10:20
I'm actually asking for a friend, who has a 3 year old kid. He hopes to get his boy into Tao Nan during the 2B phase, and staying within 1km will be an advantage.

I already bought a unit in Grand Duchess recently, meant for own stay. My wife and I are of view that it is a nice project and also very ideal location for us. My boy is studying in Ngee Ann Primary and I'm also working in the East.

Anyway, I've advised my friend a purchase a unit in GD. Even if his boy fails to get into Tao Nan, he can alternatively choose to go to Ngee Ann, which in my opinion also a good school.

Recently, I drive to GD almost daily to look at the development. Also thinking about taking some photos and post it on a blog.......

Cheers! :)

terence
28-08-09, 12:22
We'll be neigbours soon bro!
Post some pics to update us if you can. I only visit the place every 2-3 weeks.

Laguna
28-08-09, 17:11
I'm actually asking for a friend, who has a 3 year old kid. He hopes to get his boy into Tao Nan during the 2B phase, and staying within 1km will be an advantage.

I already bought a unit in Grand Duchess recently, meant for own stay. My wife and I are of view that it is a nice project and also very ideal location for us. My boy is studying in Ngee Ann Primary and I'm also working in the East.

Anyway, I've advised my friend a purchase a unit in GD. Even if his boy fails to get into Tao Nan, he can alternatively choose to go to Ngee Ann, which in my opinion also a good school.

Recently, I drive to GD almost daily to look at the development. Also thinking about taking some photos and post it on a blog.......

Cheers! :)

I am so sad now as sold an unit there in April :scared-3: I got this unit from the developer direct. Still keeping an unit

terence
29-08-09, 13:27
Don't be sad. At least you still have one unit there. Cheers :)

terence
06-09-09, 15:00
I may sell my 3 bedroom unit in Grand Duchess if i have a good offer.
Anyone keen can pm me. Welcome agents who have ready buyers to pm me too.

focus
06-09-09, 17:26
I may sell my 3 bedroom unit in Grand Duchess if i have a good offer.
Anyone keen can pm me. Welcome agents who have ready buyers to pm me too.

Why are you selling? Thought you were saying you can't wait to move in?

terence
06-09-09, 21:26
anything is possible if offer is good :)

terence
01-10-09, 12:52
Looking at the progress of GD, i think earliest to TOP will be 1st Q of 2010 already.

kongming17
01-10-09, 23:41
Yes, I agree. Not much changes to the appearance for the past 2 months. Will be lucky to TOP in 1Q2010.

Anyway, I don't mind them taking more time as long as they are trying to do a good job. This project just received the Best Condo/Apartment Award, and thus it will be embarassing for the developer if the job is not nicely done.

:D :D :D :D :D

terence
02-10-09, 08:32
Agree with you that there's no hurry to TOP.
Anyway if TOP early 1st Q 2010 will be difficult to do renovation as its CNY time and some workers may not be around.

terence
26-10-09, 09:25
I'm selling my Grand Duchess unit.
Any buyers keen please pm me.

Property_Owner
26-10-09, 10:18
I'm selling my Grand Duchess unit.
Any buyers keen please pm me.

What is your stack?

cl0ver
26-10-09, 12:15
2 units just breached 1000psft.....

Address Tenure PSF Area Sqft Price Contract Date
130 St. Patrick'S Road #02-06 Freehold $1008 1389 $1400k 14 Sep 09
132 St. Patrick'S Road #01-10 Freehold $1000 1518 $1518k 11 Aug 09

terence
26-10-09, 12:21
stack 12, 3bedroom.

sltc
26-10-09, 13:01
stack 12, 3bedroom. My relative just bought a 3 bedroom unit (1356 sqft) 2 weeks ago at $900psf. But this unit is facing Marine Parade Rd. I think 900 sqft is a fair price. >$1000psf is too high a price to pay for a small development without full condo facilities. Anyone knows if there will be traffic problem at the main gate during early morning school hour ?

Laguna
26-10-09, 14:20
the latest trx price from URA site is around 1k psf

sltc
26-10-09, 17:01
the latest trx price from URA site is around 1k psf Latest transactions will take a while (maybe 1 - 2 mths) to be updated in URA wesbite. I believe some property agents may have access to the latest transactions for Grand Duchess. It will be good if they can share with us.

terence
26-10-09, 17:15
Are you sure it's 900psf for sure... share with us which unit?
I don't think any owners will sell GD at that kind pf price.
IMO, its the best FH condo development in ST Pat's and TK area.

sltc
26-10-09, 17:44
Stack 20.
Not so convenient to review the actual unit here. Agree that GD is a better development there but need to compromise on a few points. Main entrance just beside St Pat sec school. May have problem getting in/out during school hr. Also most of the blocks are too close to each other which is not so good in term of privacy. The project is taking so long to build is probably due to the club house. Imagine digging an underground carpark while not affecting the structure of the 2 old villas. This is very challenging and has to be done slowly. But I think this is still a good project in this area.

cl0ver
26-10-09, 18:55
you can get actual transacted data and the unit number at www.streetsine.com (http://www.streetsine.com)
internet is free, information is free. Singapore is a transparent country! :rolleyes:

kongming17
28-10-09, 09:13
My friend had been trying to get a 3-bedroom unit since August. He went from agent to agent but most owners were asking for 1000psf and above. I think he offered to buy #01-10 @ $950 but was turned down. The unit subsequently sold for $1000 psf (size 1518 sq ft), and it's a ground floor unit with huge patio space. This transaction is now shown on URA website.

To buy at $900 psf is a good price! Since the size is 1356 sq ft, the unit must be either 2nd floor or higher. It also means that the seller's agent must have been sleeping on the job. I think my friend offered about $930 to $950 psf on average for most 3-bedders (for about 2 months already) but was not successful. And because he had contacted so many agents (at least 8 or 9, I think), his "offers" must have been "floating" around in the market for the past 2 months.

I just went over to look at the progress of GD this morning. Sadly not much changes, now I doubt the project can be completed in Q1.

:scared-5: :scared-5: :scared-5: :scared-5: :scared-5:

terence
28-10-09, 10:15
Bro, agree with you somehow. Probably March 2010 earliest. Stacks 13, 14, 19 and 20 still works in progress.

sltc
28-10-09, 10:29
My friend had been trying to get a 3-bedroom unit since August. He went from agent to agent but most owners were asking for 1000psf and above. I think he offered to buy #01-10 @ $950 but was turned down. The unit subsequently sold for $1000 psf (size 1518 sq ft), and it's a ground floor unit with huge patio space. This transaction is now shown on URA website.

To buy at $900 psf is a good price! Since the size is 1356 sq ft, the unit must be either 2nd floor or higher. It also means that the seller's agent must have been sleeping on the job. I think my friend offered about $930 to $950 psf on average for most 3-bedders (for about 2 months already) but was not successful. And because he had contacted so many agents (at least 8 or 9, I think), his "offers" must have been "floating" around in the market for the past 2 months.

I just went over to look at the progress of GD this morning. Sadly not much changes, now I doubt the project can be completed in Q1.

:scared-5: :scared-5: :scared-5: :scared-5: :scared-5: I also think $900psf is a good price. Most buyers will prefer to wait and hold back their purchase since mkt has started to cool down. Also interest rate will likely go up by Jun next year. Thus I think most investors will likely want to sell off their units now rather than wait as there is a risk of interest rate hike affecting mkt sentiment further. This is just my personal opinion. No one knows which way property price will go from here. If you make enough profit, should just let go and move on. Paper gain is not real gain and may disappear overnite as the mkt cycle is getting shorter and shorter. An agent just reminded me of St Pat's school bell ringing at ~7.30am. Not sure if you will hear it from GD.

terence
28-10-09, 21:40
Property prices usually lagged the stock market. The stock market is currently in a consolidation phase with many brokerage houses opined that there will be a healthy correction of 10 to 15% downwards before the next leg up. I am a strong believer that the STI has got the room for more advances especially in the coming year. Hence i'm very optimistic about the Singapore property market. My opinion is that unless you are a short term investor, no investor will cash out at this paltry $900 level, not for GD. Interest rate cycle on the uptrend next year only signal one thing, that the overall world economic environment is improving. And what does it meant for property prices, my guess is as good as yours.

sltc
28-10-09, 22:45
Property prices usually lagged the stock market. The stock market is currently in a consolidation phase with many brokerage houses opined that there will be a healthy correction of 10 to 15% downwards before the next leg up. I am a strong believer that the STI has got the room for more advances especially in the coming year. Hence i'm very optimistic about the Singapore property market. My opinion is that unless you are a short term investor, no investor will cash out at this paltry $900 level, not for GD. Interest rate cycle on the uptrend next year only signal one thing, that the overall world economic environment is improving. And what does it meant for property prices, my guess is as good as yours.
I totally agree with you if you're a long term investor and has holding power. I'm refering to property speculators. Don't be greedy and cash out once it meets your target. For GD, I think most buyers bought at low psf during launch and probably has strong holding power. There maybe some who bought from subsale mkt at a higher price. If you've holding power and are able to sleep well at night from your property investment, good, pls continue to hold. If you're unable to sleep well and worried about interest rate hike and mkt correction in the near term that will erode your profit, I suggest you sell. Anything can happen in the next few mths. Personally, I think most working class S'poreans' income is not able to sustain the current sky high property prices once the interest starts to go up. Why take the risk if you're able to cash out and keep the handsome profit now. This is my personal view.

sltc
13-11-09, 20:03
Check out URA website on the latest transation for Grand Duchess, $900psf. No bullshit.
GRAND DUCHESS AT ST PATRICK'S ST. PATRICK'S ROADCondominium11,220,4001,356Strata900Oct-09

Reporter
13-11-09, 20:27
Check out URA website on the latest transation for Grand Duchess, $900psf. No bullshit.
GRAND DUCHESS AT ST PATRICK'S ST. PATRICK'S ROADCondominium11,220,4001,356Strata900Oct-09
The caveat was lodged in Oct 09 but when was the transaction (i.e. purchase/sale) done?
Purchased during launch years ago?
Subsale/resale done months ago or recently?

Property_Owner
13-11-09, 20:41
The caveat was lodged in Oct 09 but when was the transaction (i.e. purchase/sale) done?
Subsale/resale done months ago or recently?

Anyway it's stack 20. Lousy stack, one thing I notice abt lousy stack is that buying is easy selling is hard. :doh:

sltc
13-11-09, 21:16
Subsale/resale done months ago or recently? This deal was closed recently in Oct'09.

Reporter
13-11-09, 21:29
This deal was closed recently in Oct'09.
This $900 psf must be a subsale then.

What is the original buying price for "136 St. Patrick's Road #03-20"?

jlrx
14-11-09, 00:53
This $900 psf must be a subsale then.

What is the original buying price for "136 St. Patrick's Road #03-20"?

Grand Duchess At St Patrick's

136, St. Patrick's Road #03-20 (1,356 sf)

23 Oct, 2009 $1,220,400 @ $900 psf

19 Dec, 2006 $987,470 @ $728 psf

Property_Owner
14-11-09, 12:53
Grand Duchess At St Patrick's

136, St. Patrick's Road #03-20 (1,356 sf)

23 Oct, 2009 $1,220,400 @ $900 psf

19 Dec, 2006 $987,470 @ $728 psf

150k for 3 years....
pay of average joe

terence
14-11-09, 16:07
Its just beside MP road and has west sun.
Perhaps the buyer dont care about these factors.

Property_Owner
14-11-09, 22:40
Its just beside MP road and has west sun.
Perhaps the buyer dont care about these factors.

Main issue is MONEY. Not factors.

lgk24
15-11-09, 13:31
Main issue is MONEY. Not factors.

:spliff: Looks like many people not aware that Tao Nan may be relocating soon. Basing on MOE's requirement, all primary school to turn single session.
Tao Nan which is having duo session now, will need a much bigger premises to house their growing student populations. The current land has no room for expansion any more.
This is going to hit D15 prices. And GD will be one of them. :cheers5:

joyride
15-11-09, 17:56
:spliff: Looks like many people not aware that Tao Nan may be relocating soon. Basing on MOE's requirement, all primary school to turn single session.
Tao Nan which is having duo session now, will need a much bigger premises to house their growing student populations. The current land has no room for expansion any more.

Where is tao nan moving to?

terence
15-11-09, 20:59

Kindly quote the source you had the information from...Else u will be quoted as just spreading rumours in the hope of depressing D15 prices. Ai Tong also has got no more land to expand. But wat are they doing to convert to single session school. :sleep:

jc
16-11-09, 00:08

Pls lah... U think those that buy D15 is bcos of Tao Nan :doh:

Laguna
16-11-09, 09:44
edit format

Laguna
16-11-09, 09:48
136 St. Patrick'S Road #03-20 $900 1356$1220k23-Oct-09
130 St. Patrick'S Road #02-06 $1,008 1389$1400k14-Sep-09
132 St. Patrick'S Road #01-10 $1,000 1518$1518k11-Aug-09
134 St. Patrick'S Road #06-13 $958 1389$1330k04-Aug-09
132 St. Patrick'S Road #06-09 $992 1668$1655k23-Jul-09
132 St. Patrick'S Road #03-10 $960 1410$1353k22-Jul-09
128 St. Patrick'S Road #03-04 $939 1044$980k10-Jul-09
134 St. Patrick'S Road #01-15 $890 2056$1830k03-Jul-09
136 St. Patrick'S Road #03-18 $950 1970$1871k30-Jun-09
128 St. Patrick'S Road #04-03 $880 1970$1733k26-Jun-09
134 St. Patrick'S Road #03-15 $887 1916$1700k11-Jun-09
134 St. Patrick'S Road #08-13 $754 2573$1940k01-Jun-09
130 St. Patrick'S Road #03-05 $828 1389$1150k29-May-09
134 St. Patrick'S Road #05-15 $861 1916$1650k26-May-09
132 St. Patrick'S Road #06-12 $936 1356$1270k22-May-09
132 St. Patrick'S Road #04-11 $782 1356$1060k21-May-09
134 St. Patrick'S Road #05-16 $835 1916$1600k12-May-09
134 St. Patrick'S Road #02-13 $756 1389$1050k28-Apr-09
136 St. Patrick'S Road #01-19 $713 1507$1075k22-Apr-09
132 St. Patrick'S Road #01-11 $783 1507$1180k17-Apr-09

proud owner
16-11-09, 10:44
Kindly quote the source you had the information from...Else u will be quoted as just spreading rumours in the hope of depressing D15 prices. Ai Tong also has got no more land to expand. But wat are they doing to convert to single session school. :sleep:

my colleague's son is studying there ... he said ... they are moving out ..
and the school will renovate, adding a few storey, to accommodate more classes .. and then move back in

exact date ..not sure

proud owner
16-11-09, 10:53
my colleague's son is studying there ... he said ... they are moving out ..
and the school will renovate, adding a few storey, to accommodate more classes .. and then move back in

exact date ..not sure

oh

the students will move to somewhere in Paya Lebar ..
construction 2-3 yrs ...
then move back ..

his son now pri 2 ..by the time the new school is ready ..he shuld be in pri 5

sharp
03-01-10, 22:41

:scared-5: :scared-5: :scared-5: :scared-5: :scared-5:

my agent told me earliest would be april.. seems that the developer is rushing their other projects like One Amber first, you think?

terence
04-01-10, 08:19
From the project looks, i guess latest by end Feb should TOP.

kongming17
04-01-10, 09:50
I also hope the place can be ready by 1Q2010.

I still pass by GD almost every morning, but I personally think the progress a bit slow.

Now from outside you can see some plants around clubhouse and entrance area. Also they are removing the green covering for the block facing MP road.

Thanks and wish everyone on this thread a Wonderful and Happy 2010!

Cheers! :) :) :) :) :)

sharp
04-01-10, 14:47
I also hope the place can be ready by 1Q2010.

I still pass by GD almost every morning, but I personally think the progress a bit slow.

Now from outside you can see some plants around clubhouse and entrance area. Also they are removing the green covering for the block facing MP road.

Thanks and wish everyone on this thread a Wonderful and Happy 2010!

Cheers! :) :) :) :) :)

great ! went there last week and the green covering was still there.... so hopefully, TOP can be speeded up !

perhaps the delay could also be due to the restoration of the clubhouse?

kongming17
29-01-10, 16:51
Just received a letter from developer's lawyer stating that the TOP of GD will be issued in Feb or Mar 2010.

Finally....going to be ready soon....

:D :D :D :D :D

Laguna
30-01-10, 17:28
Just visited the site this morning, viewing it from flat at Marine Terrace
TOP highly unlikely within these two months

June will be lucky

WolleyDragon
01-02-10, 07:52
Both developments Grand Duchess @ St Patricks & One Amber are by the same developer.

Seems like these 2 projects are moving at a very slow pace.. anything happening with this developer???

kongming17
01-02-10, 09:05
I also think it's not quite possible to TOP in Feb or March, but that's what the letter mentioned.

1st para of the letter: "We are instructed to inform your clients that our clients' consultants have indicated that the Temporary Occupation Permit ("TOP") for the development is expected to be issued in February or March 2010...."

The letter also states that delivery of vacant posesession may be staggered, meaning that some will get to move in earlier.

;) ;) ;)

Laguna
01-02-10, 14:35
I also think it's not quite possible to TOP in Feb or March, but that's what the letter mentioned.

1st para of the letter: "We are instructed to inform your clients that our clients' consultants have indicated that the Temporary Occupation Permit ("TOP") for the development is expected to be issued in February or March 2010...."

The letter also states that delivery of vacant posesession may be staggered, meaning that some will get to move in earlier.

;) ;) ;)

as One AMber and GD are on deferred payment, they have to informed all these buyers to hv the $$$$ ready

kongming17
01-02-10, 17:50
I think Laguna's right. The letter probably serves as a reminder to get the buyers of GD to arrange for financing.

Anyway, I'm happy if they can TOP by April.

katong
09-03-10, 00:02
looks like TOP is end of March :)

kongming17
10-03-10, 13:45
Finally, TOP is coming soon!

Went over during lunch time just now, those workers busy putting up the exterior walls/fences. They also already switched on the water pumps for some of the water features.

:) :) :)

urban
10-03-10, 22:50
Anyone looking to sell their 4 bedder (1668 sq ft)?

Wild Falcon
11-03-10, 14:20
A significant portion bought because of Tao Nan and its not even affiliated to any secondary school so will give your child no leg up when it comes to entering an elite secondary school. Anyway, if Tao Nan moves, some demand will be taken away, which is good. The area is getting too crowded.

Pls lah... U think those that buy D15 is bcos of Tao Nan :doh:

loonymaloney
20-04-10, 13:25
a bit off topic but any idea why are people dying to go tao nan if it's not affiliated to any sec school? i mean no employer would really bother abt the pri sch right?

A significant portion bought because of Tao Nan and its not even affiliated to any secondary school so will give your child no leg up when it comes to entering an elite secondary school. Anyway, if Tao Nan moves, some demand will be taken away, which is good. The area is getting too crowded.

SV88
20-04-10, 19:35
Students in a good school like Tao Nan receive good grounding and will qualify for good secondary schools easily.
a bit off topic but any idea why are people dying to go tao nan if it's not affiliated to any sec school? i mean no employer would really bother abt the pri sch right?

terence
21-04-10, 08:12
Students in a good school like Tao Nan receive good grounding and will qualify for good secondary schools easily.

Agree with you on this.
Anyone has news on the relocation of Tao Nan whilst the current site is being redeveloped to house single session in future?

eng81157
21-04-10, 08:58

relocation is merely temporary till the renovation and refurbishing works are completed, if i recollect correctly. if my kid (not that i have one) needs affiliations and connections to prove he's good, then i guess he's just second grade as compared to those succeed without.

guess it's status as a gifted school, whereby there's only a couple out of the hundreds of primary schools all over singapore, doesn't mean a thing to some of the forumers in here. if these tots can survive the 'gifted/sap' curriculum, i believe strongly a good portion of them can get in any of these so called 'elite' secondary schools without batting an eyelid.

in the possible scenario that parents relocate to be near a desired primary school, i don't condone such 'kiasu' mentality personally but the act itself is not wrong. to say the prices of private properties is supported by the presence of schools is overly simplistic. there are an entire myriad of reasons why owners or potential buyers prefer east coast, though it may be true that some demand may be gone. however, the shift is only temporary and balloting will depend on its current address in marine parde (but i may be wrong).

having said so, to each is own opinion and preferences. one man's meat is another's poison. while we are entitled to voice our opinions, please refrain
from making sweeping statements unless you can back it up with facts. 'a significant portion bought because of tao nan' sigh, unless u did a survey among the couple of hundred owners, how on earth can u come to such a conclusion??

kongming17
22-04-10, 12:42
For me, Tao Nan is not a key factor in making the decision to purchase GD. D15 is a wonderful place to stay and due to the proximity to East Coast Park and Katong eateries etc., the property price will not go down by much even during a downturn.

I could get my son to study in TN school thru the Hokkien Association. But in the end I choose what was the best for my boy. He seems to be a slow starter like me and is a worry-free type of cheerful kid. I settled him in Ngee Ann Pri (despite objections from my wife and my in-laws), and it was a wonderful arrangement. Ngee Ann Pri is also a good school and it is not so pressurisng for him. He is now a confident boy and more importantly, he is Happy! I hope he can go to Victoria sec or St. Pat Sec after his P6.

However, as a property owner of GD, I do hope that TN school will not shift because some demands may follow TN to the new place.

By the way, I heard from my agent that GD has already TOP on 16 April. Is it true? I'm looking anxiously into my letterbox everyday in anticipation of the key collection letter. Cheers! :) :) :)

Reporter
22-04-10, 13:04
For me, Tao Nan is not a key factor in making the decision to purchase GD. D15 is a wonderful place to stay and due to the proximity to East Coast Park and Katong eateries etc., the property price will not go down by much even during a downturn.

I could get my son to study in TN school thru the Hokkien Association. But in the end I choose what was the best for my boy. He seems to be a slow starter like me and is a worry-free type of cheerful kid. I settled him in Ngee Ann Pri (despite objections from my wife and my in-laws), and it was a wonderful arrangement. Ngee Ann Pri is also a good school and it is not so pressurisng for him. He is now a confident boy and more importantly, he is Happy! I hope he can go to Victoria sec or St. Pat Sec after his P6.

However, as a property owner of GD, I do hope that TN school will not shift because some demands may follow TN to the new place.

By the way, I heard from my agent that GD has already TOP on 16 April. Is it true? I'm looking anxiously into my letterbox everyday in anticipation of the key collection letter. Cheers! :) :) :)
I am glad to hear your boy will have a chance to live a more meaningful childhood and have his own time to grow up.

I am sure "focus" will be happy to hear him able to join Victoria School after his P6. VS's entry requirement is quite ....., ask him to study hard too!

kongming17
22-04-10, 16:46
Thanks Reporter! Nowadays not many parents understand the meaning of "meaningful childhood".

My boy is now in the 2nd best class for P4 grade. If he can maintain, then I think he can at least make it to St. Pat.

For St Pat, he just need to climb over the fence to reach his school. LOL.

terence
23-04-10, 09:00
Agree that Ngee Ann Primary is good as well!
Cheers!

Laguna
24-04-10, 12:17
Agree that Ngee Ann Primary is good as well!
Cheers!
Yes, top obtained

sharp
26-04-10, 23:21
Yes, top obtained

Sorry... TOP obtained already?

Laguna
27-04-10, 11:53
Sorry... TOP obtained already?
Yes, called the developer letter wil be out this foe key collection

kongming17
27-04-10, 22:28
Hi, you mean the keys collection letter will be out this Friday, correct?

Thanks.

sharp
28-04-10, 00:47
Yes, called the developer letter wil be out this foe key collection
Wow..thanks! Looking forward to this Friday!

eddiehu
28-04-10, 18:08
We going to launch The Sound on friday, if you still want to have a sneak just msg me at 91981715. Cheer.

silver023
02-05-10, 12:06
Hi folks, any owners here wanting to sell 4 bedroom unit here? Pls PM me if you are.

Thanks.

katong
05-05-10, 01:59
received the TOP letter from the lawyer today, very nice.:banana:

kongming17
05-05-10, 21:14
May I know your block & stack number?

Thanks in advance :) :) :) :) :)

Laguna
06-05-10, 08:50
May I know your block & stack number?

Thanks in advance :) :) :) :) :)

perhaps invite us there to have a look as well:)

Laguna
17-05-10, 21:28
just collected key
this project is beautiful and finishing is superb
all the landscape is very nicely done up

tiverton18
17-05-10, 21:42
The Sound is transacted at close to $1500 psf while Duchess is only going for $1200psf.

Duchess is in a superb location with close access to East Coast Road and Marine Terrace where the FC and Market is only a stone's throw away.

With the announcement by LTA in 2012/2013 on the exact location of the Telok Kurau MRT station, which is most likely in Marine Terrace, Duchess together with the other condos in St Pat Road will definitely see price increase of another 20%. Just imagine how much profit you would enjoy had you bought Duchess during the initial launch.

Congrats to all the new owners of the stretch of new condos in St Pat Road.:cheers6:

terence
17-05-10, 21:58
MRT at Marine Terrace? Where did u get this info from bro?
I would think there is a remote possibility.
Higher chance that it would be at around PP area imo.

tiverton18
17-05-10, 22:16
PP is the main station known as Marine Parade Station. There is also another station along Marine Parade Road, which is tentatively named as Telok Kurau Station followed by Siglap station in Siglap.

Please refer to another thread, Eastern Region Line.

If you are of the condo owners along St Pat Road, hang on to your property.

kongming17
17-05-10, 22:36
Agree that the finishing, layout and landscaping are all superb. Very beautiful, not congested at all. The Clubhouse is also very nice. One of the best condo/apartment that I have seen.....

And strangely, the psf price for GD is about 15% below The Sound, despite its superiority in terms of location, land area, clubhouse, landscaping, underground carpark etc...

:) :) :) :) :)

eng81157
17-05-10, 22:42
Agree that the finishing, layout and landscaping are all superb. Very beautiful, not congested at all. The Clubhouse is also very nice. One of the best condo/apartment that I have seen.....

And strangely, the psf price for GD is about 15% below The Sound, despite its superiority in terms of location, land area, clubhouse, landscaping, underground carpark etc...

:) :) :) :) :)

just fyi, the sound has much smaller units than GD, where the smallest unit is 1389sqft, if i remember correctly.

must remember to compare in perspective.

kongming17
17-05-10, 23:03
Agree that GD's 3 bedders are slightly bigger (ranging from 1356 to 1410 sq ft), compared to around 1200 sq ft for The Sound.

But all the prime pool facing units for the Sound are not out yet, once those are out in the market, I believe the difference in psf price between GD and The Sound will easily exceed 20%.

Cheers! :cool:

eng81157
17-05-10, 23:19
1400psf is likely for the small 1BR or 2BR units at the sound. just look at the advertisements posted on this forums. larger units should have lower psf. hence, it's unlikely that there's a 20% price premium over GD. if there ever was, prices would have creeped upwards in a free market since there's no reason GD owners should sell at a discount, notwitholding reasons unknown.

clemdale
27-06-11, 02:21
1400psf is likely for the small 1BR or 2BR units at the sound. just look at the advertisements posted on this forums. larger units should have lower psf. hence, it's unlikely that there's a 20% price premium over GD. if there ever was, prices would have creeped upwards in a free market since there's no reason GD owners should sell at a discount, notwitholding reasons unknown.

Hey guys, sorry to dig up another old thread.

I drove past this condo the other day and it left a very good impression on me. I was quite surprised too to find out that the clubhouse is an award winning design. What are you thoughts about this place? Any idea what the prices are like now?

Shawn
28-06-11, 20:28
The Sound is transacted at close to $1500 psf while Duchess is only going for $1200psf.

Duchess is in a superb location with close access to East Coast Road and Marine Terrace where the FC and Market is only a stone's throw away.

With the announcement by LTA in 2012/2013 on the exact location of the Telok Kurau MRT station, which is most likely in Marine Terrace, Duchess together with the other condos in St Pat Road will definitely see price increase of another 20%. Just imagine how much profit you would enjoy had you bought Duchess during the initial launch.

Congrats to all the new owners of the stretch of new condos in St Pat Road.:cheers6:

Its subjective to say that GD is a better location than The Sound. To me I feel The Sound is better as it is close to the prime district of Amber and Meyer Road which is the Orchard Rd of District 15, whereas GD is nearer to Marine Parade and the HDB estates. In addition, The Sound is nearer to Parkway Parade and the upcoming Katong Mall, in addition to the new mrt line.

The Sound offers higher floors with better views of city and landed properties whereas GD is a low floor development.

Nevertheless, GD has its own unique attributes too like the beautiful conservation house which adds the value of this development.

tiverton18
28-06-11, 20:37
I think you mean The Shore, which is a 103 leasehold condo, also sold by FEO. The Shore, formerly Rose Garden, is directly opposite Katong Shopping Centre.

The Sound, developed by FEO, is situated at Lor N and East Coast Road, adjacent to St Patrick's Road where GD is located.

Shawn
28-06-11, 22:41
I think you mean The Shore, which is a 103 leasehold condo, also sold by FEO. The Shore, formerly Rose Garden, is directly opposite Katong Shopping Centre.

The Sound, developed by FEO, is situated at Lor N and East Coast Road, adjacent to St Patrick's Road where GD is located.

Yup sorry got mixed up on FEO projects...I m referring to The Shore..obviously its better location than GD but when compares to The Sound, it is equally as good as GD.

I guess FEO knows how to mark up their projects...and surprisingly there are still buyers.

kongming17
29-06-11, 08:03
Saw this news from the CNA forum, GD's neighbour St Patrick's Garden is up for En-Bloc. Future psf price will be higher than $1,440 if the current owners of St Pat Garden get what they want....

On the dull side, I'm staying at GD so must be prepared for all the noises, dust...etc...

-------------------------

28 June 2011

St Patrick's Garden sits on a 137,559 sq ft freehold site, which is regular in shape with dual road frontages.

Indicative asking price for the site, which currently houses 98 units, is about $188 million, or $888 per sq ft per plot ratio, including the additional 10 per cent allowed for balcony space.

Colliers said that development charges may not be payable due to the site's high historical base. A development baseline enquiry has been submitted to the Urban Redevelopment Authority to ascertain this.

Based on the indicative price of $188 million, the breakeven price for St Patrick's Garden will be about $1,440 per sq ft.

St Patrick's Garden is zoned for residential use with an allowable gross plot ratio of 1.4.

The site can be re-developed into a five-storey residential development accommodating some 176 units of 1,200 sq ft each.

The current owners are expected to receive between $1.55 million and $2.1 million, depending on the size of their unit.

The tender will close on July 28, 2011.

-----------------------------

Laguna
29-06-11, 08:25
Yup sorry got mixed up on FEO projects...I m referring to The Shore..obviously its better location than GD but when compares to The Sound, it is equally as good as GD.

I guess FEO knows how to mark up their projects...and surprisingly there are still buyers.

There is no way near of The Sound compared to GD.
The Sound is all ground floor carpark, whereas GD is basement carpart.

Dun talk about the Club House and the unique bungalow as well.
GD is accessable from both MP road and East Coast Rd, nearer to market and schools. and I believe the MRT as well.

GD is such a wonderful project and i sold it for only $700+ psf...sad...

cl0ver
29-06-11, 12:03
There is no way near of The Sound compared to GD.

GD is accessable from both MP road and East Coast Rd, nearer to market and schools. and I believe the MRT as well.

GD is such a wonderful project and i sold it for only $700+ psf...sad...

its nice but no tennis courts!!

marktkt22
29-06-11, 19:05
Guess it was sold few yr back, it a nice projt .
Mrt should be nearby.

QUOTE=Laguna]There is no way near of The Sound compared to GD.

GD is such a wonderful project and i sold it for only $700+ psf...sad...[/QUOTE]