PDA

View Full Version : Varsity Park (D5, 99 years leasehold, CapitaLand)

Pages : [1] 2

revieli
26-01-07, 19:14
Hi heard this development is fully sold. Any comments on this project? It's 99 yrs. Is it worth to buy from secondary market?

ck_marz
26-01-07, 20:51
Heard the project was delayed and those bought from developer were compensated

Madeira
26-01-07, 20:55
If u can get around $500 psf from subsale, then I think is cheap. Otherwise, u shd look at The Stellar. Freehold and I think at below $600 psf.

revieli
27-01-07, 09:00
Heard the project was delayed and those bought from developer were compensated

I dont think so. Read in another forum that the TOP date was changed to earlier instead. Since it's already 100% sold, why will the developer still delay it?

revieli
27-01-07, 09:06
If u can get around $500 psf from subsale, then I think is cheap. Otherwise, u shd look at The Stellar. Freehold and I think at below $600 psf.

We went to see Stellar too but it is located right at the cross junction. It's going to be noisy and also fengshui for this site is not good.

Heard that the west coast - pasir panjang area is going to increase in value because it is near to city, and now land prices are undervalued. How accurate is this report? It is true that it takes only 15min to drive to either Orchard or Suntec. Not forgetting its proximity to IRs in Sentosa and Marina.

Madeira
28-01-07, 21:42
Anyone knows how much is the rental like for a 3 bedroom unit in the vicinity? Blue Horizon would be a good guide.

revieli
29-01-07, 17:40
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid223/p6a8aeb9827fbc2dba151c3c483f1c449/eae22734.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid223/pf5eeded802cd68b8cb3e7d7924a4a87c/eae229f2.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid223/p27473e4934ff7d793904c0ef481f4179/eae229b1.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid223/p408caf7c348e99969a7bf853396451f2/eae99419.jpg

Unregistered
29-01-07, 17:44
Anyone knows how much is the rental like for a 3 bedroom unit in the vicinity? Blue Horizon would be a good guide.

Yeah what happened to the posters in the blue horizon thread? Please tell us how much the rental is there!

revieli
29-01-07, 18:05
Does anyone have any comments on CapitaLand? How is the quality of the condos they have built so far?

Intrepid Explorer 2.0
02-02-07, 16:24
Photos taken last year.

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/8203/varsityplotol1.jpg

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/2650/varsity3np4.jpg

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/6664/varsity2nl7.jpg

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/1921/varsity1sd1.jpg

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/4458/varsitysigndw6.jpg

Unregistered
28-02-07, 13:49
Hi heard this development is fully sold. Any comments on this project? It's 99 yrs. Is it worth to buy from secondary market?

As of today, heard it isn't fully sold, there are still a few units...

revieli
28-02-07, 16:43
As of today, heard it isn't fully sold, there are still a few units...

Saw in another forum, someone posted that the port will be moved from Pasir Panjang to Tuas. Anyone can confirm that?

I think it is really 100% sold.

http://spring.ura.gov.sg/LAD/ore/real_estate/proj_details_takeup_action.cfm

Makelele
02-03-07, 10:37
If port really moves to Tuas, my parents' landed property in West Coast will boom :D Maybe enbloc at ten times the current price for developers to build more condos. ;)

Also all the existing condos in West Coast and Pasir Panjang will boom too!

bagus
02-03-07, 12:16
Confirm its 100% sold......... :cheers6:

I think it is really 100% sold.

http://spring.ura.gov.sg/LAD/ore/real_estate/proj_details_takeup_action.cfm[/QUOTE]

Unregistered
02-03-07, 14:27
Sorri i dun think this is worh the $$$$. There are many others in the same location which are freehold and smaller (more exclusive) which cost only a little bit more.

bagus
02-03-07, 16:04
Its up to individual about whether if it is worth the $$. I'm a western thus i think this project is one of the better one in this area. Although it's 99yrs, the landscape and the environment is perfect for me.

Sorri i dun think this is worh the $$$$. There are many others in the same location which are freehold and smaller (more exclusive) which cost only a little bit more.

revieli
02-03-07, 18:29
Hi Bagus,

Did you buy a unit there?

Unregistered
13-03-07, 21:31
How is Varsity Park going to compete with one north for the rental and resale?

camelot
20-03-07, 22:57
How is Varsity Park going to compete with one north for the rental and resale?

Bus 95 takes you directly to One North. Takes prob 15mins?
One North condo is asking $900+ compared to Varsity at $500+
Don't think we need a rocket scientist to figure out which dev will give a better yield.

Unregistered
21-03-07, 14:43
I agree. If I am a foreign scientist working at One North, I would not want to live so close to my workplace at such a high rent. I would rather live in Varsity Park or Stellar for less rent and take a very short taxi/bus ride to work everyday.

The catchment area for Varsity Park and Stellar is wider, not only can it serve foreigner working at One North, but also those working in Science Park and NUS.

revieli
18-04-07, 16:54
Anyone know what is the plot ratio for this project?

Unregistered
20-04-07, 20:05
http://www.varsitypark.com.sg/main.html

Unregistered
23-04-07, 17:09
530 units for a site area of 567,574 sqf. Seems pretty spacious despite the large number of units.

Why do some people comment that it has too many units and not exclusive?? What is it relative to?

Unregistered
23-04-07, 17:20
530 units for a site area of 567,574 sqf. Seems pretty spacious despite the large number of units.

Why do some people comment that it has too many units and not exclusive?? What is it relative to?

Because the project consists of only low rise buildings, with 500 over units built which would mean most of the land space will be taken up by building instead of facilities

revieli
26-04-07, 15:46
Will there be many mainland chinese, indian nationale, who will buy the new condos, such as VP, CW, Stellar to stay? Since there are many of them working in NUS, Biopolis, Fusionpolis, Science Park, etc.

Unregistered
26-04-07, 23:03
Will there be many mainland chinese, indian nationale, who will buy the new condos, such as VP, CW, Stellar to stay? Since there are many of them working in NUS, Biopolis, Fusionpolis, Science Park, etc.

For buying to live in, I would say faculty from NUS.

As for renting:
Students/researchers from NUS, Biopolis, Fusionpolis, Science Park.
Also, families from Japanese schools and UWC.

VP, CW, Stellar are at the best location in the west coast area.

camelot
26-04-07, 23:41
For buying to live in, I would say faculty from NUS.

As for renting:
Students/researchers from NUS, Biopolis, Fusionpolis, Science Park.
Also, families from Japanese schools and UWC.

VP, CW, Stellar are at the best location in the west coast area.

I know two faculty members at NUS who bought CW recently. Also heard quite a few staff bought VP during the launch.

Unregistered
30-04-07, 18:00
TOP has just been revised to Mar 2008.

Unregistered
30-04-07, 18:06
TOP has just been revised to Mar 2008.

What was the original TOP date stated by the developer? Thanks

Unregistered
02-05-07, 10:16
Original TOP was Dec 2008.

Unregistered
05-05-07, 22:32
What are the price for a 2 bedroom unit in VP now?? Anyone?? :)

Unregistered
06-05-07, 14:19
What are the price for a 2 bedroom unit in VP now?? Anyone?? :)

Just saw one sub-sale on-line:
Asking Price : S$ 780,000.00
Prices are in : Singapore Dollar
No. of Bedrooms : 3+ rooms
Built-In Area : 1291 sqft.

Unregistered
13-06-07, 15:29
Anyone knows the updated TOP for Varsity Park? Still Mar 08?

Unregistered
12-07-07, 12:13
Someone wrote this in another forum:

yes, do you want to be neighbors of six or seven foreign students squeezed into a 1,000 sf condo? that is a future waiting for you, if you buy a unit a varsity park.

You would smell odors from your next door unit. the kitchen would be a mess, and the toilet would be so thick with stuff, a corn will grow. yuck. Not me.

Unregistered
12-07-07, 16:32
VP is coming up. One look at that, my wife said it looks very low end. I guess VP looked better on the drawing board. Now it looks like a low end housing. And what is with that cheap-looking, wrought iron railing for the balcony. Can't they use better materials for that?

Unregistered
12-07-07, 20:35
VP is coming up. One look at that, my wife said it looks very low end. I guess VP looked better on the drawing board. Now it looks like a low end housing. And what is with that cheap-looking, wrought iron railing for the balcony. Can't they use better materials for that?
Low end go low end,subsale can sell ok lah.Beside bin also can sell.

Unregistered
18-03-08, 16:22
Low end go low end,subsale can sell ok lah.Beside bin also can sell.

any know this place already TOP?

Unregistered
18-03-08, 17:42
any know this place already TOP?

I drove by the developemnt the other day and saw a few units seem to be already been occupied. I have never gone inside, but from outside, the whole project reminds me of the army barracks

Unregistered
18-03-08, 19:03
I drove by the developemnt the other day and saw a few units seem to be already been occupied. I have never gone inside, but from outside, the whole project reminds me of the army barracks

Wa! Nowadays the SAF got so much welfare until their barracks look like condos liao.

If my army barracks looked that that, I would have signed on already. Can you tell me which army barracks looked like VP? If got maybe I can volunteer for extended reservist and request to be posted to that camp.

Unregistered
18-03-08, 20:06
Wa! Nowadays the SAF got so much welfare until their barracks look like condos liao.

If my army barracks looked that that, I would have signed on already. Can you tell me which army barracks looked like VP? If got maybe I can volunteer for extended reservist and request to be posted to that camp.

In fact, in my view, it looks worse than army barracks. Many of the army barracks in US and europe that I have seen would have more characters than this condo.

Unregistered
18-03-08, 21:39
In fact, in my view, it looks worse than army barracks. Many of the army barracks in US and europe that I have seen would have more characters than this condo.

maybe VP sucks but obviously there are bigger suckers like yourself and those above who find so much joy posting on threads devoted to condos you enjoy running down. get a life. there are much better things to do.

Unregistered
18-03-08, 21:53
maybe VP sucks but obviously there are bigger suckers like yourself and those above who find so much joy posting on threads devoted to condos you enjoy running down. get a life. there are much better things to do.

You can't deny that you are just one of them because you actually find time to comment on his posting. As you said it, there are much better thing to do.
Get a life!

Unregistered
18-03-08, 22:57
You can't deny that you are just one of them because you actually find time to comment on his posting. As you said it, there are much better thing to do.
Get a life!

welcome to the club sucker!!!

Unregistered
18-03-08, 22:59
welcome to the club sucker!!!

hahaha well said! this forum are full of suckers! haha

Unregistered
18-03-08, 23:41
hahaha well said! this forum are full of suckers! haha

I better think twice before considering this one in case all my future neighbours upstairs and downstais are all suckers!

Unregistered
19-03-08, 11:50
I better think twice before considering this one in case all my future neighbours upstairs and downstais are all suckers!

Sian!!!! why are sourgrapes always kaopeh kaobu and talk down on projects that they have missed the boat

Unregistered
19-03-08, 12:28
Sian!!!! why are sourgrapes always kaopeh kaobu and talk down on projects that they have missed the boat

Is like this one lah. These people are always born loser, buy dont dare, only know how to complain.

Unregistered
19-03-08, 15:44
Reality check : When Varsity Park was sold by the developers 3 or 4 years ago, the prices were merely $400 plus psf. So expect design and finishing standard for that kind of price range. Clementi Woods should have better standard of finishing, even more so for Botannia , which all came later, when Developers were able to price the units at $600 plus and $800 plus psf.

Unregistered
19-03-08, 16:01
Reality check : When Varsity Park was sold by the developers 3 or 4 years ago, the prices were merely $400 plus psf. So expect design and finishing standard for that kind of price range. Clementi Woods should have better standard of finishing, even more so for Botannia , which all came later, when Developers were able to price the units at $600 plus and $800 plus psf.

I am not sure that is true or not.

but when I pass on VP every day, it resembles HDB more than resort living. Rows and rows of cheap housing, with worker ants living in them. No room to roam for kids, no place to take a leisurely walk. you take ten steps in one direction and run into a wall or fall into a pool, a small one at that.

Unregistered
19-03-08, 16:40

but when I pass on VP every day, it resembles HDB more than resort living. Rows and rows of cheap housing, with worker ants living in them. No room to roam for kids, no place to take a leisurely walk. you take ten steps in one direction and run into a wall or fall into a pool, a small one at that.

Ai ya, so pathethic bunch of born losers who have missed the boat again and again and again. Whats the point of talking down on the project that you are not interested??? Whats your objective??? I really feel sorry for you. But remember what comes out in your mouth, you will get it back in no time. Watch out.

Unregistered
19-03-08, 16:42

Obviously you have not step inside VP, I guess you don't even have the chance to go in. Just standing outside kaopeh kaobu. Sian!!!

Unregistered
19-03-08, 16:45

Make sure tomorrow when you pass by VP where there are lots of lorries coming out from Clementi Woods and Stellar, your car won't be crush like a sardine by the lorries.

Unregistered
19-03-08, 17:06
I honestly think that low rises are no good. Carabelle and Botannia are high rises. But because the plot ratio is the same at 1.6. Carabelle and botannia provide much more room than VP and CW and the stellar for kids to roam, and more room to build facilities like gym and jogging tracks.

In no time, VP will drop alike a rock, and so well CW and the stellar. Plus these are leasehold condos. I expect Carabelle and botannia to hold up value better than VP and CW.

Unregistered
19-03-08, 17:26

as someone who has seen the units after TOP, i can tell straight away how biased and wrong your views are. first the furnishings are surprisingly decent, much much better than the nearby blue horizon which was by FEO(i know because i am staying there now). second there are ample, in fact big spaces for both kids and adults to roam about. there is a kids pool, which is not connected to the adults pool and they have a rather unique tree house too. so next time before you make any comments at least check it out first. otherwise you will look plain stupid. unless thats's your intention- look and sound stupid.

Unregistered
19-03-08, 17:28

good luck to you- because the suckers are not owners/residents of VP but someone who has nothing better to do than to run other estates down.

Unregistered
19-03-08, 17:31

i think these people simply have no better aims in life other than to log in here, post nasty views about properties that they have not even an ounce of relations to. how pathetic can they be?

Unregistered
19-03-08, 17:33
as someone who has seen the units after TOP, i can tell straight away how biased and wrong your views are. first the furnishings are surprisingly decent, much much better than the nearby blue horizon which was by FEO(i know because i am staying there now). second there are ample, in fact big spaces for both kids and adults to roam about. there is a kids pool, which is not connected to the adults pool and they have a rather unique tree house too. so next time before you make any comments at least check it out first. otherwise you will look plain stupid. unless thats's your intention- look and sound stupid.

Can you enlighten us on reasons that old condo like Blue Horizon can fetch higher price than the brand new VP?

Unregistered
19-03-08, 17:58
Can you enlighten us on reasons that old condo like Blue Horizon can fetch higher price than the brand new VP?

the view maybe? in anycase the price difference is not substantial to begin with. but if you are resident here in BH, you will see the finishing materials, the landscaping, the general areas done by FEO are rather substandard. at least you dont see rubbish chutes and cleaners quarters near your lift areas in VP- well maybe not!?

Unregistered
19-03-08, 18:02
the view maybe? in anycase the price difference is not substantial to begin with. but if you are resident here in BH, you will see the finishing materials, the landscaping, the general areas done by FEO are rather substandard. at least you dont see rubbish chutes and cleaners quarters near your lift areas in VP- well maybe not!?

Come on! even brand new HDB would look nice. Wait a few years, you may have a different view on VP

Lucas
20-03-08, 01:01
I took some photo while I was in VP 2 weekends ago. You can conclude if it is like army barrack or HDB flats..

Unregistered
20-03-08, 08:12
I took some photo while I was in VP 2 weekends ago. You can conclude if it is like army barrack or HDB flats..
Looks horrible! Are we back in the 70's? What the hell is this VP condo? Even the ugly holiday chalets over at east coast park looks better than VP. The owners are in deep shit now, haha.

Unregistered
20-03-08, 08:14
By looking at the finishing and surroundings, i think VP is only worth $300psf.

Unregistered
20-03-08, 09:27

Its really so sad to see people like you in the forums. Hope you are not singaporeans. If you are, singapore is in deep trouble.

Unregistered
20-03-08, 09:40

Calm down, don't call people names just because they disagree with you. I agree that the density of blocks for this project is too high. it is high because the plot ratio is 1.6, but each block is only five stories high. For projects with blocks 12 stories high or higher, as is the case with Carabelle and Botannia, there will be 100 % more or more space to build facilities or for kids to roam. How can you deny that? numbers cannot lie.

Unregistered
20-03-08, 09:51
Its really so sad to see people like you in the forums. Hope you are not singaporeans. If you are, singapore is in deep trouble.

Singapore is just like any other country with a mix of peoples from different backgrounds, education level, moral values and .....
If you think this forumer is not a decent man, so be it......
I don't see any point to worry about Singapore's future because of one person made some comments that you don't consider decent.
If Singapore is full of peoples like you, I guess we need to worry about it.

Unregistered
20-03-08, 09:56
More like worthless, looks like some 80's condo gone wrong.

Unregistered
20-03-08, 09:57
VP is so shitty that hotel81 looks beautiful.

Unregistered
20-03-08, 10:19

Blue horizon fetches high prices because it has more open space as the blocks are up to 35 stories high although the plot ratio is 3.5 versus 1.6 for VP. I visited both condos before, and you can breathe more easily at blue horizon. Living in VP is like living in a nigh market, surrounded by neighbors and with no place to go for your priviate moments. You look out the front windows, there are your neighbours, you look out the back and side windows, there are your neighbors. You get the picture.

Unregistered
20-03-08, 10:20
Blue horizon fetches high prices because it has more open space as the blocks are up to 35 stories high although the plot ratio is 3.5 versus 1.6 for VP. I visited both condos before, and you can breathe more easily at blue horizon. Living in VP is like living in a nigh market, surrounded by neighbors and with no place to go for your priviate moments. You look out the front windows, there are your neighbours, you look out the back and side windows, there are your neighbors. You get the picture.
Yah man, like living in the malay village in geylang serai. Sick place to live in.

Unregistered
20-03-08, 10:30
Yah man, like living in the malay village in geylang serai. Sick place to live in.

VP would be the first to be commissioned by the government in war time and used as army barracks. It is easier for officers to keep tracks of their men since the blocks are so close together.

Unregistered
20-03-08, 10:37
Bankruptcies sneak back despite good times

Situation could worsen if economy slows and people start losing their jobs

By SIOW LI SEN

(SINGAPORE) Despite full employment and robust economic growth, the number of people facing financial ruin has begun to rise.

After falling from a high in 2004, the number of bankruptcy petitions and orders has begun to flatten and the delinquency rate for credit card holders has started to go up.

Lawyers and those involved in bankruptcy counselling say new bankrupts tend to be younger and are mainly men. Also showing up are parents who acted as guarantors for their children.

While the upward trend is far from alarming as it springs from a very low base, the situation could turn bleaker if the economy slows down and some people lose their jobs.

'As far as I am aware, 99.9 per cent of the people made bankrupt are holding jobs; they complain that their salary is too low to pay (the debt) and that they have a family to feed,' said Aaron Chan, Advent Law director.

The economy expanded 7.5 per cent last year and the unemployment rate was 2.1 per cent - a 10-year low. The National Trades Union Congress (NTUC) said retrenchments hit a 14-year-low, while unionised firms paid out the fattest bonuses in 18 years.

Yet people seem to be living beyond their means.

'When the country is doing well, there's a feel-good factor and people just want to spend,' said Mr Chan, who has been a banking litigation lawyer for some 15 years.

He said the weekly list which comes out for bankruptcy hearings includes professionals such as lawyers and doctors.

But these professionals usually pay up at this stage as they would not be allowed to practise if they were made bankrupt, Mr Chan said.

Creditors can petition for a person to be made bankrupt once the debt exceeds $10,000.

Leong Sze Hian, president of the Society of Financial Service Professionals, volunteers at the Official Assignee's office. He said the number of bankrupts could be even higher as creditors are holding back.

In January this year, there were 292 petitions for bankruptcy and 215 bankruptcy orders were passed. In 2007, the average monthly bankruptcy petitions stood at 268 and the orders at 230, according to the Insolvency & Public Trustee's Office.

In the works is a debt repayment scheme to help debtors avoid bankruptcy.

Since he began counselling debtors two years ago, Mr Leong said he noticed that a number of new bankrupts seem younger, and are overwhelmingly men.

Bankrupts include those who have problems paying rent for their HDB shops as well as those who cannot pay the bank loans for their HDB homes.

In addition, quite a few are parents who acted as guarantors for the unsecured credit taken out by their children, Mr Leong said.

There was also one case of a man who did not own a car but was bankrupted for his certificate of entitlement (COE) bid.

He had bid $8,000 for the COE but found his application for a car loan rejected by a bank, said Mr Leong. With fees and charges, his debt snowballed to over $10,000, he said.

Credit Bureau (Singapore) Pte Ltd data shows that the number of delinquent credit card holders began rising steadily from July last year.

In December, there were 14,379 delinquent credit card holders representing a delinquency rate of 1.42 per cent against 11,346 or 1.16 per cent in July.

Said Credit Bureau general manager Mark Rowley: 'I agree that we are seeing some early signs that delinquency is trending upwards although arguably off a low base. The numbers over the next few months will be interesting.'

Credit Bureau's data also shows that a majority of those having payment problems are between 21 and 44 years old, and men make up almost 70 per cent.

Some 80 per cent have credit cards with at least two banks. In most cases, the delinquent owes less than $5,000.

Unregistered
20-03-08, 10:41

You mean BH has more open car park space? Yes, those HDB upgraders sure missed the multi storey car park and they love to call it a must facility that they need to have. Heard many of them hate underground carpark like the one in VP.

Chimera
20-03-08, 10:42
Dunno about the other owners of VP but as far as i am concerned, if this is shit we are living in, gosh it sure is a nice piece of shit! I know i certainly will be spending the next few years basking in this army barracks, malay village, hdb looking, condo. Can't wait to get my keys!

Unregistered
20-03-08, 10:49
Dunno about the other owners of VP but as far as i am concerned, if this is shit we are living in, gosh it sure is a nice piece of shit! I know i certainly will be spending the next few years basking in this army barracks, malay village, hdb looking, condo. Can't wait to get my keys!

You will breathing shit too. there is a endless stream of lorries and container trucks plying the clementi road, spewing carcinogenic diesel fume to make the air aromatic for you. Hope you don facial masks when you sleep at night. Your kids will need them too.

Unregistered
20-03-08, 11:16

So a 1600sqft unit should sell at $400k plus ? Even cheaper than an HDB ? I like to take 2 units please. You wish !

Unregistered
20-03-08, 11:44

If, like you, singapore tries to muzzle those with different opinions, then we are in real trouble. Please give each a voice, no matter how silly it is in your judgment.

Unregistered
20-03-08, 12:49
You will breathing shit too. there is a endless stream of lorries and container trucks plying the clementi road, spewing carcinogenic diesel fume to make the air aromatic for you. Hope you don facial masks when you sleep at night. Your kids will need them too.

Haha... bring the shit on! Best thing is despite all the fumes and shit i roll myself in, i'll still look better than people like you. Life is GRREEEEAAAT!!!!

Hope you are enjoying being juvenile as much as i do :)

Unregistered
20-03-08, 13:02
Haha... bring the shit on! Best thing is despite all the fumes and shit i roll myself in, i'll still look better than people like you. Life is GRREEEEAAAT!!!!

Hope you are enjoying being juvenile as much as i do :)

Hey hey, don't feel depressed. Count yourself among the lucky. While you will live in shitty condo that you are ashamed of and would never show to your friends and relatives, at least you have a condo. Not all singaporeans can say that.

But honestly, let's not get carried away, and call this resort living. It is not resort living. it is more like zoo living. the brown bars on the balcony, and the resemblance of each unit to a cage, and the cramming of so many blocks into such a small piece of land, makes it feel like zoo.

Unregistered
20-03-08, 13:23
Leading Economic Indicators in U.S. Probably Fell in February

By Courtney Schlisserman

March 20 (Bloomberg) -- The index of U.S. leading economic indicators fell for a fifth month in February, reflecting mounting signs that a recession has begun, economists said before a report today.

The Conference Board's gauge, which points to the direction of the economy over the next three to six months, fell 0.3 percent last month, according to the median forecast in a Bloomberg News survey. The last time the index dropped for as many months was in 1990, when the economy was shrinking.

The leading index dropped as building permits, stock prices and consumer sentiment sank and first-time claims for jobless benefits jumped. Federal Reserve policy makers this week said risks to growth remain even after lowering the benchmark interest rate and making billions of dollars available to banks and securities firms to try to stabilize financial markets.

``A losing streak of five months is usually reserved for recessionary periods,'' said Jonathan Basile, an economist at Credit Suisse Holdings in New York. ``Once the labor market cracks, like it did last month, it shows the cycle is starting to turn down.''

The Conference Board, a New York-based non-profit research group, is scheduled to issue the report at 10 a.m. local time. The 58 estimates in the Bloomberg News survey ranged from a 0.7 percent decline to an increase of 0.2 percent.

Reports so far this month signal the leading index will keep falling. A report from the Labor Department due at 8:30 a.m. in Washington is forecast to show that initial jobless claims rose to 360,000 last week, according to the median survey projection.

Rising Claims

Applications for unemployment benefits last month averaged 359,200, compared with 326,500 in January, according to Labor Department figures.

A 10:00 a.m. report from the Fed Bank of Philadelphia is forecast to show manufacturing in the region contracted for a fourth month in March.

Seven of the 10 components of the leading index are known ahead of time: stock prices, jobless claims, building permits, consumer expectations, the yield curve, supplier delivery times and factory hours. The Conference Board estimates the remaining three: new orders for consumer goods, new orders for non-defense capital goods and the money supply.

Building permits for February fell 7.8 percent to an annual pace of 707,000, the lowest level in more than 16 years, the Commerce Department said on March 18.

The Reuters/University of Michigan index of consumer expectations dropped to the lowest level since 1992 last month and a preliminary reading for March, issued last week, showed the measure is still declining.

Spending Cools

Americans are spending less as pessimism grows. AnnTaylor Stores Corp., the clothing retailer geared toward women ages 25 to 55, last week reported a fourth-quarter loss and said same- store sales may decline in 2008.

The deteriorating economy had a ``major impact'' on store traffic, Chief Executive Officer Kay Krill said in a March 14 conference call.

``Downside risks to the economy remain,'' Fed policy makers said in a March 18 statement announcing the central bank lowered its target for the benchmark rate by three-quarters of a point to 2.25 percent. The Fed has cut the rate by three percentage points since September.

On March 16, the central bank also lowered the rate on direct loans to banks and said it will provide up to $30 billion to JPMorgan Chase & Co. to help finance the purchase of Bear Stearns Cos. after a run on the fifth-largest U.S. securities dealer.

More Funding

Less than a week earlier, the Fed said it would make up to $200 billion in Treasuries available through weekly auctions in exchange for other securities that for the first time will include those backed by mortgages issued by private lenders.

Companies are counting on gains overseas as the U.S. economy slows. General Electric Co. Chief Executive Officer Jeffrey Immelt told investors on March 13 that demand for the company's products from infrastructure projects and growth in Europe, Asia and Africa is helping offset any drag from a slump in the U.S.

``I still believe in the strength of the global economy now, but the U.S. consumer is in a tougher patch,'' Immelt said in a forum on the company's Web site.

Unregistered
20-03-08, 15:43
....It is not resort living. it is more like zoo living. the brown bars on the balcony, and the resemblance of each unit to a cage, and the cramming of so many blocks into such a small piece of land, makes it feel like zoo.

Dude. Go take a look inside before you make such comments. Check the size of the site before you call it a small piece of land. I've been to BH as well and although it is true that from those apartments facing the sea, they have nice unblocked views, the size of the public area is far smaller than what you can find in VP. I have not been to Carabelle so I shall not comment on Carabelle. As for CW, I've seen the mock-up when they launched the project. I stand corrected but I think the common area is also far smaller compared with VP.

Chimera
20-03-08, 15:58
Hey hey, don't feel depressed. Count yourself among the lucky. While you will live in shitty condo that you are ashamed of and would never show to your friends and relatives, at least you have a condo. Not all singaporeans can say that.

But honestly, let's not get carried away, and call this resort living. It is not resort living. it is more like zoo living. the brown bars on the balcony, and the resemblance of each unit to a cage, and the cramming of so many blocks into such a small piece of land, makes it feel like zoo.

Hur? when did i give you the impression that i am feeling depressed or ashamed? I am PROUD of Varsity Park and i openly declare it! Like i said, even if it looks like an army barracks or a zoo with cages or hdb or looks and smells like shit, i am still loving it. If you hate the development so much then count yourself lucky that you didn't buy one. I love the development to bits and i count myself lucky to own a unit. Life is GOoOOoOoOd!!!!

Unregistered
20-03-08, 16:08
Dude. Go take a look inside before you make such comments. Check the size of the site before you call it a small piece of land. I've been to BH as well and although it is true that from those apartments facing the sea, they have nice unblocked views, the size of the public area is far smaller than what you can find in VP. I have not been to Carabelle so I shall not comment on Carabelle. As for CW, I've seen the mock-up when they launched the project. I stand corrected but I think the common area is also far smaller compared with VP.

i dont think you should bother replying to these posts, in fact, dont bother coming to this website anymore as you wont find any sensible, logical, spiteless comments or views, only people who like to run down others' estates for some pleasures. its pathetic. probably neuronic or mental case. its the only pleasure they can derive from their life. i remember there was one mad dog (so called by other posters) on the condo.com website, who goes round pissing at every other thread. its kinda funny actually. bet he is here. this is my last post and my last time visiting this wayang site. cheers.

Unregistered
20-03-08, 16:10
i dont think you should bother replying to these posts, in fact, dont bother coming to this website anymore as you wont find any sensible, logical, spiteless comments or views, only people who like to run down others' estates for some pleasures. its pathetic. probably neuronic or mental case. its the only pleasure they can derive from their life. i remember there was one mad dog (so called by other posters) on the condo.com website, who goes round pissing at every other thread. its kinda funny actually. bet he is here. this is my last post and my last time visiting this wayang site. cheers.

you are right- most of the comments are worthless and no one would take them seriously anyway.

Unregistered
20-03-08, 16:13
[QUOTE=Unregistered]Calm down, don't call people names just because they disagree with you. I agree that the density of blocks for this project is too high. it is high because the plot ratio is 1.6, but each block is only five stories high. For projects with blocks 12 stories high or higher, as is the case with Carabelle and Botannia, there will be 100 % more or more space to build facilities or for kids to roam. How can you deny that? numbers cannot lie.[/QUOTEn

until you have stepped into VP and BH and see the difference then you make the judgement- thats what the poster is saying.

Unregistered
20-03-08, 16:14

go get a life please, if you can find one.

Unregistered
20-03-08, 16:16
Come on! even brand new HDB would look nice. Wait a few years, you may have a different view on VP

is he talking about the facade? i think he is talking about finishing right? you dont need a few years to tell if the finishings are nice or right??

Unregistered
20-03-08, 16:20
reading through the many posts here- i wonder why these VP haters are so free and actually bother to post on this thread that has nothing to do with them (well i assume since they hate VP so much they cant be residents right)? REALLY NOTHING BETTER TO DO.

Unregistered
20-03-08, 16:52
reading through the many posts here- i wonder why these VP haters are so free and actually bother to post on this thread that has nothing to do with them (well i assume since they hate VP so much they cant be residents right)? REALLY NOTHING BETTER TO DO.

Oh, come on. Don't be so harsh on these guys. VP is really ugly, as you would say after seeing those photos.

Unregistered
20-03-08, 16:56
every condo has its own merits.

BH has height advantage, better view and only has 2 and 3 bedrooms, more suited for yuppies/singles or small families as the units are smaller in size.

VP sits on huge land, 2, 3 & 4 bedroom, more suited for small to extended families. both have full facilities so there's really nothing much to compare here.

Unregistered
20-03-08, 16:58
you are right- most of the comments are worthless and no one would take them seriously anyway.

yes, worthless because the comments are negative. worth a lot more if they are positive. right? I guess that is why sweet talkers always get ahead in this world. their opinions are always respected.

Unregistered
21-03-08, 12:10

Hello boy...are u sure BH is 35 stories high and the plot ratio of VP is 1.6?
Please do your homework first before u bxxxxxxt!! Even facts also cannot get right...how to give your opinions....

Lucas
21-03-08, 20:19
1 More recent photo of VP from another angle.

Unregistered
22-03-08, 13:42
I find the pictures of VP quite ok, it is really that bad.....But yes, I didn't buy VP mainly becoz i work right opposite VP and I am tired of seeing too many students day in day out and becoz it's 99 yrs lease.....

Unregistered
24-03-08, 09:46
I find the pictures of VP quite ok, it is really that bad.....But yes, I didn't buy VP mainly becoz i work right opposite VP and I am tired of seeing too many students day in day out and becoz it's 99 yrs lease.....

Yes, VP looks alright. It is not dumpster ugly, that is for sure. but it is not resort living either. It is more like student dormitory. The same layout for each block, and the side by side placement of the blocks. It is uniform, but perhaps too uniform.

I especially dislike the brown door and window frames. Some one say they make the condo zoo like. yeah, there is some truth to that.

Unregistered
24-03-08, 14:16
theres a varsity park forum out there.. why bother with these pple here

Unregistered
24-03-08, 15:42
theres a varsity park forum out there.. why bother with these pple here

I am here becos its really so comical to see so many sour grapes people venting their frustration here by talking down on VP. They must have been to VP, view the army barracks and now regretted not buying at the launch price. I can simpathize with their current feeling, its normal for them to behave so negatively. Even though VP looks like shit, I don't think it has got anything to do with them.

For all those who has talk down on VP, please continue to do so cos whatever condo you are staying will also be turning into a shity place, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
24-03-08, 15:55
I am here becos its really so comical to see so many sour grapes people venting their frustration here by talking down on VP. They must have been to VP, view the army barracks and now regretted not buying at the launch price. I can simpathize with their current feeling, its normal for them to behave so negatively. Even though VP looks like shit, I don't think it has got anything to do with them.

For all those who has talk down on VP, please continue to do so cos whatever condo you are staying will also be turning into a shity place, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See, even the owners think VP looks like shit. The matter is now settled. No more debate necessary.

I guess sense of beauty is universal. How can anyone look at the brown monster called VP and call it resort living. it is just delusional.

Unregistered
24-03-08, 16:06

Yes, we are jealous. that is why we dumped on VP. We are so sick. we should check into a mental asylum.

Haha, it is so typical of the VP owners. Just chalk everything up to jealousy. but if that makes them happy, that makes me happy too.

Shhhhhhh!!!!! I will let you in on secret. yes, we did not buy VP. but we are not jealous. We bought other places, which are not shitty looking at all,unlike VP.

Unregistered
24-03-08, 22:09
Yes, we are jealous. that is why we dumped on VP. We are so sick. we should check into a mental asylum.

Haha, it is so typical of the VP owners. Just chalk everything up to jealousy. but if that makes them happy, that makes me happy too.

Shhhhhhh!!!!! I will let you in on secret. yes, we did not buy VP. but we are not jealous. We bought other places, which are not shitty looking at all,unlike VP.

Care to tell everyone where are those other places that you bought so that we know what you are comparing with ?

Unregistered
24-03-08, 22:13
Care to tell everyone where are those other places that you bought so that we know what you are comparing with ?
we bought a hdb flat with very good view !!! ha ha ha !!!

Unregistered
24-03-08, 22:16
3,000 apply for Boon Keng's condo-like flats, but only 460 sold

By Fiona Chan, Property Reporter

THOUSANDS of applications poured in for a condo-like Housing Board project in January - but as of last week, less than two-thirds of the flats had been taken up.

About 250 of the 714 units in City View @ Boon Keng remain unsold, said HSR Property Group, which is marketing the project.

These flats will be offered to the public, probably via a walk-in selection.

The leftover homes came as a surprise to market watchers, given that 3,500 applicants had vied for them.

This works out to five would-be buyers for each flat at City View, the second public housing project to be built by a private developer.

It boasts condo-like features such as timber floors, built-in wardrobes and air-conditioning.

All the applicants were given a chance to book the flats they wanted, said HSR project director Kellie Liew.

The selection process stretched over 20 days and ended last Thursday, with more than 3,000 potential deals falling through.

Developer Hoi Hup Sunway sold about 460 units, including six of the top-priced five-room units at $727,000 each, said Ms Liew.

But she added that some buyers backed out of their purchases due to the weakening property market, while others did not meet the required criteria to buy the flats.

Unregistered
24-03-08, 22:25
we bought a hdb flat with very good view !!! ha ha ha !!!

Oh, I am so happy for you ! Enjoy your good view and forget about the 'suffering' these people must have in their shitty, ugly, full facility condo and underground carpark at Varsity Park.

Unregistered
25-03-08, 00:24
Oh, I am so happy for you ! Enjoy your good view and forget about the 'suffering' these people must have in their shitty, ugly, full facility condo and underground carpark at Varsity Park.
Yes not worth the shitty, ugly, 'full facility' LH condo....almost the same as HDB.

Unregistered
25-03-08, 09:42
Yes not worth the shitty, ugly, 'full facility' LH condo....almost the same as HDB.

VP is not HDB. It is much better than HDB, but not good enough to be called a condo. It is probably the same quality as EC.

Unregistered
25-03-08, 10:15
VP is not HDB. It is much better than HDB, but not good enough to be called a condo. It is probably the same quality as EC.

You cannot blame capitaland for using furnishings of lower quality for VP. It was launched as a low end condo. Condos launched later, such as carabelle and botannia, will have much better furnishings, and will look as low end. Plus, these condos are freehold, and thus will hold up value much better.

Unregistered
25-03-08, 11:42
You cannot blame capitaland for using furnishings of lower quality for VP. It was launched as a low end condo. Condos launched later, such as carabelle and botannia, will have much better furnishings, and will look as low end. Plus, these condos are freehold, and thus will hold up value much better.

Ai ya, I think all Silliporeans are all staying at shitty condos, fair comment???

Unregistered
25-03-08, 13:08
Ai ya, I think all Silliporeans are all staying at shitty condos, fair comment???

Agree with you. Its always the case of the pot calling the kettle black. Always talk down on others but they themselves stay in shitty place.

Unregistered
25-03-08, 15:39
Agree with you. Its always the case of the pot calling the kettle black. Always talk down on others but they themselves stay in shitty place.

Hey, hey, be fair. If VP is a nice looking condo, would anyone say anything bad about it and have any credibility. No. sense of beauty is universal. VP is not nice looking. It is just square block after square block. there is no break of routine. It is so monotonous. I guess it would be hard for you to find your unit when you knock off and go home. Hope you stumble into a unit by mistake and chance upon a beautify girl. It can really happen. I cannot tell one unit from another. They all look the same, a square box.

Unregistered
25-03-08, 21:24
Hey, hey, be fair. If VP is a nice looking condo, would anyone say anything bad about it and have any credibility. No. sense of beauty is universal. VP is not nice looking. It is just square block after square block. there is no break of routine. It is so monotonous. I guess it would be hard for you to find your unit when you knock off and go home. Hope you stumble into a unit by mistake and chance upon a beautify girl. It can really happen. I cannot tell one unit from another. They all look the same, a square box.

square box after square box; cash box after cash box; you hit it right ...cash box = wealth box ...very good point - metaphysics

Unregistered
25-03-08, 21:37
square box after square box; cash box after cash box; you hit it right ...cash box = wealth box ...very good point - metaphysics

I happened to drive some visitors from US passing by VP the other day. After what they saw, they commented they were quite impressed with the Govt HDB program because from the outside at least, many HDB blocks they have seen obviously more modern and smart looking than VP. No to worry, I did explain to them that HDB got no facilities where VP has many facilities that are not seen from the street

Unregistered
26-03-08, 09:19
Strange that Varsity Park is coming under so intense criticism. My friend who stays there invited me over the weekend and i was rather impressed by the development. He bought his unit at just over S$400 psf and i'm thinking "bastard.... i paid almost S$700 psf for my condo at Upper Bukit Timah and the finishings at VP are better and there is so much more space to roam about and the water features and greenery throughout the whole development is just so impressive. Walking through the development reminds me of some of the 5 star hotels i've stayed in Phuket and Bali.

Well Done Capitaland and congrats to those who had the vision to purchase a unit at VP. I will certainly be looking to get a unit there when my family gets bigger :)

Unregistered
26-03-08, 09:43
Strange that Varsity Park is coming under so intense criticism. My friend who stays there invited me over the weekend and i was rather impressed by the development. He bought his unit at just over S$400 psf and i'm thinking "bastard.... i paid almost S$700 psf for my condo at Upper Bukit Timah and the finishings at VP are better and there is so much more space to roam about and the water features and greenery throughout the whole development is just so impressive. Walking through the development reminds me of some of the 5 star hotels i've stayed in Phuket and Bali.

Well Done Capitaland and congrats to those who had the vision to purchase a unit at VP. I will certainly be looking to get a unit there when my family gets bigger :)

haha, I wondered how you can say that with a straight face. Just look at those photos. each unit is the same as the next one. and each block is just like a assembly factory, with so many units tightly packed together. When you come home, you literally have to remind yourself, I live in the nth unit from the right. one, two, three, four,,,,n. that is mine. If you count wrong, you may get in the wrong unit and get chased out by a semi clad lady with a broom in her hand. About water features, which condo doesn't have those.

the design is the most old fashioned, and the furnishings the lowest quality that I have seen. the arrangement is the least imaginative I have seen. 10 units in a row to form a block. how corny and unimaginative! Did the developer get a grade 5 student to do the design?

unless you are an agent trying to sell units, I do not understand your views at all.

Unregistered
26-03-08, 09:59
I happened to drive some visitors from US passing by VP the other day. After what they saw, they commented they were quite impressed with the Govt HDB program because from the outside at least, many HDB blocks they have seen obviously more modern and smart looking than VP. No to worry, I did explain to them that HDB got no facilities where VP has many facilities that are not seen from the street

You can blame the americans for mistaking VP for HDB. for each, the basic design is to link as many units in a straight line for form a block. It is inexcusable for capitaland to adopt such a design for VP. It is a condo, not HDB, and more modern non-linear design is warranted for VP. 0bviously, the developer thought this is a condo for HDB upgraders and they wouldn't mind such linear design. but, the low quality furnishings are inexcusable. the buyers paid upwards of 400 psf. it is a pittance, but they don't deserve brown, rusty looking railings for the balcony, nor do they deserve plastic water features.

Unregistered
26-03-08, 10:12
To see a non-linear design, you would be impressed by Carabelle:

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/housing-in-singapore/search/site-plan/CARABELLE.htm

Unregistered
26-03-08, 10:23

Which condo in upper bukit timah that you paid 700psf for? I am sure many of us are interested to know how low the quality of furnishings can go these days for mass condo projects provided there is some truth to it that it is indeed lower than VP.

Unregistered
26-03-08, 10:48
Thinking out loud....wouldn't it look very dis-organised if every block have their own individual designs and patterns?

I will not challenge, however, the that fact that there will be better design and building economy when the whole development subscribes to the same design.

haha, I wondered how you can say that with a straight face. Just look at those photos. each unit is the same as the next one. and each block is just like a assembly factory, with so many units tightly packed together. When you come home, you literally have to remind yourself, I live in the nth unit from the right. one, two, three, four,,,,n. that is mine. If you count wrong, you may get in the wrong unit and get chased out by a semi clad lady with a broom in her hand. About water features, which condo doesn't have those.

the design is the most old fashioned, and the furnishings the lowest quality that I have seen. the arrangement is the least imaginative I have seen. 10 units in a row to form a block. how corny and unimaginative! Did the developer get a grade 5 student to do the design?

unless you are an agent trying to sell units, I do not understand your views at all.

Unregistered
26-03-08, 10:55
Thinking out loud....wouldn't it look very dis-organised if every block have their own individual designs and patterns?

I will not challenge, however, the that fact that there will be better design and building economy when the whole development subscribes to the same design.

that is not what I meant. you cannot have different designs for different units of course. You want uiniformity, but not too much of it. Not ten or 12 units linked together in a straight line, like 11 stores side by side in a department store or, excuse me, in a zoo. Just look at Carabelle, it is, like VP, a mass market condo. the condo consists of individual towers, with each tower facing adjacent ones with angels. that is much nicer looking, and easy for owners to identify their units. VP is so linear, so much like stalin era workers dormitories..

Unregistered
26-03-08, 11:12
It is a myth (perhaps the oldest one in the book) that Freehold is better than Leasehold. There are no conclusive studies on this.
What many seem to forget is that property is all about LOCATION. The first thing students of real estate are taught is location, location and location. So focus more on location and less on tenure.

Unregistered
26-03-08, 11:28
Which condo in upper bukit timah that you paid 700psf for? I am sure many of us are interested to know how low the quality of furnishings can go these days for mass condo projects provided there is some truth to it that it is indeed lower than VP.

700psf in bukit timah. yes, where? I also wants to know. no wonder the quality of furnishings is worse than that at VP. 700psf will buy you a dog house in bukit timah.

Unregistered
26-03-08, 11:37
700psf in bukit timah. yes, where? I also wants to know. no wonder the quality of furnishings is worse than that at VP. 700psf will buy you a dog house in bukit timah.

Upper Bukit Timah and Bukit Timah are two different world in terms of property value. However, values of condos in upper bukit timah are not uniform, those closer to bukit timah will command better price and condos further away from bukit timah such as "linear" and "maysprings" will be least desirable. This is just my personal observations. Certainly, many finer aspects concerning the locations and neighbourhood in the proximity of the condo also need to take into consideration.

Unregistered
26-03-08, 11:43
Upper Bukit Timah and Bukit Timah are two different world in terms of property value. However, values of condos in upper bukit timah are not uniform, those closer to bukit timah will command better price and condos further away from bukit timah such as "linear" and "maysprings" will be least desirable. This is just my personal observations. Certainly, many finer aspects concerning the locations and neighbourhood in the proximity of the condo also need to take into consideration.

I agree with you. As what the previous comment stated location location location.

Unregistered
26-03-08, 11:52
To see a non-linear design, you would be impressed by Carabelle:

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/housing-in-singapore/search/site-plan/CARABELLE.htm

Yes, Carabelle is better. but VP is cheaper. you get what you pay for. You pay a pittance, and you get a pittance in return.

Unregistered
26-03-08, 13:14
While i have not seen VP's build quality, it seems a reasonable buy (to stay) for the location, discounting that fact that it's 99 yrs lease.

However, at the back of my mind, I feel that a good percentage of buyers bought VP for renting out to students because of it's proximity to NUS and it is precisely because of this I did not consider VP at all. Not that they are to be blamed but i have seen flats being cramped with too many students for the rental to be affordable......

Yes, Carabelle is better. but VP is cheaper. you get what you pay for. You pay a pittance, and you get a pittance in return.

Unregistered
26-03-08, 13:46
wow I didn't know nowadays students can afford to pay at least $5000 a month for rental.There are a few condos near VP and NUS. Blue Horizon, WestBay etc and I don't see many students staying at these condo so what makes you think there will be many students staying at VP????so don't give this kind of stupid reason to talk down another condo.

Unregistered
26-03-08, 14:06
wow I didn't know nowadays students can afford to pay at least $5000 a month for rental.There are a few condos near VP and NUS. Blue Horizon, WestBay etc and I don't see many students staying at these condo so what makes you think there will be many students staying at VP????so don't give this kind of stupid reason to talk down another condo.

Even if the rental rate for VP is 5K (probably can only fetch no more than 4K), I don't think it is a problem for students. Assuming 12 stduents share the rent, it is only about $400 a piece.

Unregistered
26-03-08, 14:14

The high rent you are talking about is a thing to worry about. Because of 5,000 high rent, more and more students have to cramp themselves into each unit to reduce the rent each student has to pay. For a 4 bd unit, cramping 8 students into it, or two to a room, would reduce the rent to $625, which many students can afford, even graduate students from china or india.

This can really happen! Lucky you to swim with NUS coeds.

Unregistered
26-03-08, 14:17
Wah lau! Siao!!! You people say VarsityPark so crap liao, you think we students have bad taste one issit? If the Condo really so crap, i will bring my money to The Stellar or other developments around the area to rent. Just because condo called Varsity means students must stay meh? Then issit all the people stay in Diary Farm are farmers?!?

U people wanna kao peh about Varsitypark please go ahead lah but dun take us students for fools ok???!? KNNBCCB....

Unregistered
26-03-08, 14:21
Wah lau! Siao!!! You people say VarsityPark so crap liao, you think we students have bad taste one issit? If the Condo really so crap, i will bring my money to The Stellar or other developments around the area to rent. Just because condo called Varsity means students must stay meh? Then issit all the people stay in Diary Farm are farmers?!?

U people wanna kao peh about Varsitypark please go ahead lah but dun take us students for fools ok???!? KNNBCCB....

No, we are not Siao. who say that varsity park's name is the reason that students like the condo. Students will crowd VP because the rent there is likely to be lower, because it is so ugly. another reason is that the stellar and clementiwoods are not available yet.

Unregistered
26-03-08, 14:53
Is there website in Singapore with "Ugliness" rating? If yes, please post link here. thank you. I am looking for cheap private accomodation... some of us expats not paid so much and we trying to make ends meet and not care about looks of condo. I am happy that i can get cheap stay if condo not look good. Didn't know Singapore system work this way.
Thank you.

Unregistered
26-03-08, 15:17
Wow! I see all these criticisms flying and while i am a little perturbed by the onslaught of attacks on the development, i am more amazed at how non-residents are being so vocal about it's apparent "Lack of beauty" Isn't there more things to be disturbed about? Like Singapore's ever worsening traffic or the lack of packing spaces at Public Hospitals or the influx of undesirable foreign workers? Aren't those issues so much more important than venting an otherwise meaningless frustration at a development?

I'm in this forum cos i am looking to get a unit around the VP area and i can't seem to find any constructive comments or criticisms about VP. The attacks seem to be hatred driven rather than purposeful. Anyone who has ACTUALLY been in Varsity Park and can give a proper account? I know of residents who can't even get in cos they have not received their letter to collect keys so not sure how come so many bystanders can come up with all these supposed educated criticisms.

U guys seriously gotta get a life....

Unregistered
26-03-08, 15:24
Yes, you are Siao! wtf?!? Now you all say VP say until so bad... me and my friends also dun want to rent VP and we will let all the students in NUS know about this. Can wait till the other developments come up but maybe that time also graduate liao... At least we can pass the word down so future students will all rent places like Clementi Wood and Stellar and avoid VP. If more students rent these places then competition higher and rental cheaper... best for us!

Unregistered
26-03-08, 15:43
Wow! I see all these criticisms flying and while i am a little perturbed by the onslaught of attacks on the development, i am more amazed at how non-residents are being so vocal about it's apparent "Lack of beauty" Isn't there more things to be disturbed about? Like Singapore's ever worsening traffic or the lack of packing spaces at Public Hospitals or the influx of undesirable foreign workers? Aren't those issues so much more important than venting an otherwise meaningless frustration at a development?

I'm in this forum cos i am looking to get a unit around the VP area and i can't seem to find any constructive comments or criticisms about VP. The attacks seem to be hatred driven rather than purposeful. Anyone who has ACTUALLY been in Varsity Park and can give a proper account? I know of residents who can't even get in cos they have not received their letter to collect keys so not sure how come so many bystanders can come up with all these supposed educated criticisms.

U guys seriously gotta get a life....

there are many photos of VP posted in this forum. the "storm" started when someone posted these photos. these photos may be of help to you to rent or reject VP.

Don't say the naysayers are driven by hate. who do they hate? they are just voicing opinions after seeing the photos.

i lived near by. I see VP everyday. I am not driven by hate. but I agree some of the comments. this is not a good looking condo. the comments about this condo becoming students' hostels. yes, it is likely to happen especially for graduate students from overseas.

Unregistered
26-03-08, 16:27
I say hatred driven cos the words of harshness used are so strong and frankly words like "zoo", "shit" are definitely not constructive criticisms. I have seen the photos and they do not warrant the criticisms cast upon the development. But i do agree that beauty is subjective and while it may not be the nicest looking condo, it definitely isn't the worst either and i can't, in my best of efforts, imagine and co-relate the development to an army barrack or a zoo.

So yes, i am still of the opinion that the naysayers have some hidden agenda in passing their criticisms. A frivolous afterthought about these critiques are "Do they walk pass a family, think that the wife is ugly and goes up to the husband and say "Gosh, your wife seriously looks like like a whore!" ?"

I drove pass VP the other day and personally, i dun like the way the units are designed to form a long block of flats and what's up with that signage?!? But still, from the photos, i think it definitely looks like a place i wouldn't have problems staying in... It's afterall an entry level condo so what on earth are people expecting?!?

Unregistered
26-03-08, 17:00
I say hatred driven cos the words of harshness used are so strong and frankly words like "zoo", "shit" are definitely not constructive criticisms. I have seen the photos and they do not warrant the criticisms cast upon the development. But i do agree that beauty is subjective and while it may not be the nicest looking condo, it definitely isn't the worst either and i can't, in my best of efforts, imagine and co-relate the development to an army barrack or a zoo.

So yes, i am still of the opinion that the naysayers have some hidden agenda in passing their criticisms. A frivolous afterthought about these critiques are "Do they walk pass a family, think that the wife is ugly and goes up to the husband and say "Gosh, your wife seriously looks like like a whore!" ?"

I drove pass VP the other day and personally, i dun like the way the units are designed to form a long block of flats and what's up with that signage?!? But still, from the photos, i think it definitely looks like a place i wouldn't have problems staying in... It's afterall an entry level condo so what on earth are people expecting?!?

I agree with your views. not the prettiest condo in Singapore, but not as bad as the zoo or army barracks.

I guess some many are ganging up on this condo, because they find it funny the developer has the gall to call this resort living. it is far from that. agree?

Unregistered
26-03-08, 21:38
sorry, asking psf remain high

Unregistered
26-03-08, 21:46
VP is yucks.

Chimera
27-03-08, 08:08
VP seriously Rocks!

Unregistered
27-03-08, 08:22
VP seriously Rocks!

You meant VP rocks seriously?

Unregistered
27-03-08, 09:56
You meant VP rocks seriously?

Yeah, I saw it rocked seriously this morning when a stream of container semi-traliers passed by.

Unregistered
27-03-08, 09:58
I agree with your views. not the prettiest condo in Singapore, but not as bad as the zoo or army barracks.

I guess some many are ganging up on this condo, because they find it funny the developer has the gall to call this resort living. it is far from that. agree?

Not resort living, nor zoo living or barracks living. Just basic condo living. It will become a student hostel in a year or two, whether the residents like it or not. they have no say anyway.

Unregistered
27-03-08, 10:30
Not resort living, nor zoo living or barracks living. Just basic condo living. It will become a student hostel in a year or two, whether the residents like it or not. they have no say anyway.

Wah, you so smart to predict, can also give some predictions of singapore shares? maybe 4d numbers? you so smart i think you must be very rich that's why got so much time to come to forum and play computer hero

Unregistered
27-03-08, 10:51
Wah, you so smart to predict, can also give some predictions of singapore shares? maybe 4d numbers? you so smart i think you must be very rich that's why got so much time to come to forum and play computer hero

Singapore shares will go down another 20% to 30% before stablizing. property stocks will go down another 50%. I don't do 4d. that is for blue color workers.

Unregistered
27-03-08, 11:09
Singapore shares will go down another 20% to 30% before stablizing. property stocks will go down another 50%. I don't do 4d. that is for blue color workers.

There is no such thing as "blue color worker", it is "blue collar worker".

Unregistered
27-03-08, 12:05

don't cry, wait for Bullion Rise

Unregistered
27-03-08, 16:18
don't cry, wait for Bullion Rise

I share the same sentiment with you. Those HKers hv sharp eyes, I am pretty confident we will have the last laugh. The minute I know about Bullion Rise, I told myself I've strike the jackpot. Huat ah!!!!

Unregistered
27-03-08, 18:24
wat's bullion rise? New development around West Coast?

Unregistered
27-03-08, 19:42
I share the same sentiment with you. Those HKers hv sharp eyes, I am pretty confident we will have the last laugh. The minute I know about Bullion Rise, I told myself I've strike the jackpot. Huat ah!!!!

When you bid 75% more than the next bid, it just won't look good no matter how you cut and has nothing to do whether the value will rise 10-fold later

Unregistered
27-03-08, 23:04
When you bid 75% more than the next bid, it just won't look good no matter how you cut and has nothing to do whether the value will rise 10-fold later
Aiyah! Why care so much?
Most important thing with this Bullion Rise thingy is "Huat Ah"! Agreed?

Unregistered
28-03-08, 11:23
Aiyah! Why care so much?
Most important thing with this Bullion Rise thingy is "Huat Ah"! Agreed?

Of course, for those who have vested in WC/PP area, well done. For those who have not, you will gonna miss the boat again. Well, for those who have bought VP, don't worry whether they are army barracks or whatnot, as long as PSF going go up in the future when Bullion Rise pulls up the rest, you will end up staying in a expensive army barracks. I am going down this weekend to take a look at VP. I may well end up buying it, be it army barracks or pigeon hole. HUAT AH!!!!

Unregistered
28-03-08, 13:22
Of course, for those who have vested in WC/PP area, well done. For those who have not, you will gonna miss the boat again. Well, for those who have bought VP, don't worry whether they are army barracks or whatnot, as long as PSF going go up in the future when Bullion Rise pulls up the rest, you will end up staying in a expensive army barracks. I am going down this weekend to take a look at VP. I may well end up buying it, be it army barracks or pigeon hole. HUAT AH!!!!

A forumer by the name of "chimera" really got it right. VP is indeed a "chimera", it is a union of "army barrack" and "HDB block design of the 70's"
It should attract some buying interest from the wealthy baby boomers who were born in the 40's

Unregistered
28-03-08, 13:31
A forumer by the name of "chimera" really got it right. VP is indeed a "chimera", it is a union of "army barrack" and "HDB block design of the 70's"
It should attract some buying interest from the wealthy baby boomers who were born in the 40's

It will mainly be populated by NUS students, two to three in a room to save rent for each.

there have already been quite a few units offered by owners to potential renters. I cannot see a bright future for this condo.

luckytan
29-03-08, 22:09
I'm not sure about you, but this definitely doesn't look like an army barrack or HDB flat to me...

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj185/luckytan/Varsity%20Park%20Condo/DSCF2061.jpg
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj185/luckytan/Varsity%20Park%20Condo/DSCF2069.jpg
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj185/luckytan/Varsity%20Park%20Condo/DSCF2059.jpg

Unregistered
29-03-08, 22:53
I'm not sure about you, but this definitely doesn't look like an army barrack or HDB flat to me...

yalor yalor....i also find it not that bad.....

but, alas, to me, it's just too near NUS.....may be highly popular/populated with overseas students....

Unregistered
29-03-08, 23:28
Err.. does look like student hostels though..

Unregistered
30-03-08, 01:55

Its quite reasonable that 6 couples can share a 3-bedder in this estate.The agent who sold me a unit in VP has just called me to say another agent would like rent units in VP as he has a group of under-grad who wants to rent here. The reason is they do not need to be subj to strict hostel rules (eg no doors can be closed if a boy and a girl is in the hostel room) and also dun have to participate in hostel ECAs to score points.

I generally prefer to rent to families 1st but i see a high probability that if i can't get my desired yield, i will rent to these under-grads. They offer quite good yield actually.

Unregistered
30-03-08, 01:56
Its quite reasonable that 6 couples can share a 3-bedder in this estate.The agent who sold me a unit in VP has just called me to say another agent would like rent units in VP as he has a group of under-grad who wants to rent here. The reason is they do not need to be subj to strict hostel rules (eg no doors can be closed if a boy and a girl is in the hostel room) and also dun have to participate in hostel ECAs to score points.

I generally prefer to rent to families 1st but i see a high probability that if i can't get my desired yield, i will rent to these under-grads. They offer quite good yield actually.

i meant 3 couples....

Unregistered
30-03-08, 08:14
Went into Varsity Park yesterday with an agent as i was interested in getting a unit there. The development is beautiful! My whole family loved it. My kids were so excited when they saw the children's pool with the water spray thingy there. The landscaping is barely done up but already looks so fantastic. And when you are in there, the buildings are actually quite far apart... the pictures do not do any justice.

For those of you who have been writing bad about this condo based on pics and what you see from the outside, i have only one thing to say to you "Do not judge a book by it's cover"

To put money where my mouth is, my family and me have decided to purchase a 3 bedroom unit. Pity we did not get this earlier if not it would have been a bargain.

Unregistered
30-03-08, 08:17

Spastic... pls post pics of hostels that look like that here before making such claims. An unjustified claim makes you look stupid.

Unregistered
30-03-08, 09:08
Went into Varsity Park yesterday with an agent as i was interested in getting a unit there. The development is beautiful! My whole family loved it. My kids were so excited when they saw the children's pool with the water spray thingy there. The landscaping is barely done up but already looks so fantastic. And when you are in there, the buildings are actually quite far apart... the pictures do not do any justice.

For those of you who have been writing bad about this condo based on pics and what you see from the outside, i have only one thing to say to you "Do not judge a book by it's cover"

To put money where my mouth is, my family and me have decided to purchase a 3 bedroom unit. Pity we did not get this earlier if not it would have been a bargain.

Care to share what is the asking price of that 3 bedroom unit in VP. Personally, I do not agree with most of the negative posts here about VP. Even if renting to NUS students, it is not bad an idea. Afterall, many condo like Heritage View or those around Dover Road, has many Uni students and lecturers. NUS students are the Elites of Singapore and I do not mind having potential high-flyers as my neighbours.

Unregistered
30-03-08, 09:12
Which hostel or HDB or Army Barrack in Singapore or in the world that look like those pictures taken in VP?

Unregistered
30-03-08, 10:13
Wow! Just saw the pics posted here... very impressive! Think i will go make an appt with the agent to make a visit next week. Was worried cos so many people criricise the development but after reading some of the credible postings and seeing the pics, i think these people criticising got huge question mark on their credibility. But i think i better reserve my comments first lah.... go see first then comment.....

blackjack21trader
30-03-08, 16:54
Drove past this project just now. Saw many viewers with agents in the compound. Hmmmm... maybe I shall take a look at this project next week.

Unregistered
30-03-08, 18:54
Drove past this project just now. Saw many viewers with agents in the compound. Hmmmm... maybe I shall take a look at this project next week.

you "drove pass" abd you saw many agents? Did they carry a big banner telling you they are agents, moron? Did you actually mean you "walked pass"?
It is OK, many well-to-do folks don't own cars.

blackjack21trader
30-03-08, 19:54
you "drove pass" abd you saw many agents? Did they carry a big banner telling you they are agents, moron? Did you actually mean you "walked pass"?
It is OK, many well-to-do folks don't own cars.

The agents wore name tags and ties - who else would wear name tags and ties on Sundays? It is drove past, not drove pass- check your grammar.

Unregistered
31-03-08, 09:47

Blackjack, how many properties are you going to acquire. You have bought the infiniti, botannia, and carabelle. Now you are thinking buying VP? you are either a true billionaire or habitual lier.

Unregistered
31-03-08, 10:14

it is much ado about nothing. At the end of the day, no one bought and no one was able to sell. it is just a bunch of people with nothing better to do to kill time.

Unregistered
31-03-08, 10:45
it is much ado about nothing. At the end of the day, no one bought and no one was able to sell. it is just a bunch of people with nothing better to do to kill time.

Yah, just like the people in this forum. Bunch of people with nothing better to do!

Unregistered
31-03-08, 11:14
Yah, just like the people in this forum. Bunch of people with nothing better to do!

Basic courtesy is lacking in this forum! Comments should be constructive whether it is for or against vp. no personal attack please. I visit this Forum hoping to exchange information about vp .But what 1 hear so far are very abusive language against vp.

Unregistered
31-03-08, 11:37
You mad? We came in here to criticise VP also must show courtesy ah??? People like us with "nothing better to do" but come into forums and pissed owners off with our "senseless criticisms" will do as we liked! U be thankful we are civilsed to not insult you and your family!

Unregistered
31-03-08, 12:50
Care to share what is the asking price of that 3 bedroom unit in VP. Personally, I do not agree with most of the negative posts here about VP. Even if renting to NUS students, it is not bad an idea. Afterall, many condo like Heritage View or those around Dover Road, has many Uni students and lecturers. NUS students are the Elites of Singapore and I do not mind having potential high-flyers as my neighbours.

I will be paying approx. 820psf, got nice pool view :) It's a little on the high side compared to people who bought it at launch price but my family loves the place for it's resort feel, the lovely landscapings and it's spacious open areas so decided to get this. Have been scouting for a place to stay for the last half a year and nothing we've seen comes close to this. Standing by the walkway between the buildings and looking at the nice swimming pool with the lush greenery surrounding us, it just ..... feels like home :)

As for those predictions of the development being swamped by students, i wouldn't worry too much about that. Schools around that area, NUS, ACS, Fairfeld Methodist, ACJC.... i welcome these people with open arms. Respectable schools. It's not like as if we have some dingy schools around there pretending to be schools but are cover up for foreign students working here as pleasure workers.

Unregistered
31-03-08, 13:30
Do join us at the VP resident's forum: http://varsitypark.forumer.com

I will be paying approx. 820psf, got nice pool view :) It's a little on the high side compared to people who bought it at launch price but my family loves the place for it's resort feel, the lovely landscapings and it's spacious open areas so decided to get this. Have been scouting for a place to stay for the last half a year and nothing we've seen comes close to this. Standing by the walkway between the buildings and looking at the nice swimming pool with the lush greenery surrounding us, it just ..... feels like home :)

As for those predictions of the development being swamped by students, i wouldn't worry too much about that. Schools around that area, NUS, ACS, Fairfeld Methodist, ACJC.... i welcome these people with open arms. Respectable schools. It's not like as if we have some dingy schools around there pretending to be schools but are cover up for foreign students working here as pleasure workers.

Unregistered
31-03-08, 13:45

Congrats for your new purchase. we wish you the best. but frankly speaking, which condos in Singapore don't look like this when pictures are taken at night with all the lights turned on. You need more space, try botannia, even more space is available there.

Unregistered
31-03-08, 13:47

Have you tried westcove, just across the street? It looks better than this at night with all the lights turned on. and it is selling for 600 psf.

Unregistered
31-03-08, 14:48
Have you tried westcove, just across the street? It looks better than this at night with all the lights turned on. and it is selling for 600 psf.

Ai ya, agents everywhere trying to sell westcove and botannia, sian.

Unregistered
01-04-08, 09:48

Overcrowding is a problem with a large student body in a condo. The crowd the pool, and they make noise, and worst of all, they bring friends over on the weekend. With a such a small pool at VP, overcrowding is likely to happen.

Unregistered
01-04-08, 09:53
Blackjack, how many properties are you going to acquire. You have bought the infiniti, botannia, and carabelle. Now you are thinking buying VP? you are either a true billionaire or habitual lier.
His is a liar and a retarded investor trying to fan up his rubbish purchases.

Unregistered
01-04-08, 11:25
Overcrowding is a problem with a large student body in a condo. The crowd the pool, and they make noise, and worst of all, they bring friends over on the weekend. With a such a small pool at VP, overcrowding is likely to happen.

Yah, and VP also got a lot of young families which means lots of young kids and over the weekend these families going to invite their friends with young kids so the swimming pool going to be so crowded and noisy. All these screaming kids and bikini clad teenagers. Terrible! Best is to get Clementi Woods or Stellar or Westcove, these condos dun have such things. Only Varsity Park will have.

Unregistered
01-04-08, 11:30

Wah! 600psf only ah! Very good for students like us. If so cheap means rental will be cheaper too. VP now selling for 700 - 800 psf, rental too expensive for students like us.

Unregistered
01-04-08, 11:58
Wah! 600psf only ah! Very good for students like us. If so cheap means rental will be cheaper too. VP now selling for 700 - 800 psf, rental too expensive for students like us.

With Billion Rise just opposite in a breakeven cost of $800psf, VP will hit $1000psf soon.

blackjack21trader
01-04-08, 12:01
With Billion Rise just opposite in a breakeven cost of $800psf, VP will hit $1000psf soon.

That's the reason why I am viewing VP this week.

Unregistered
01-04-08, 13:01

Please don't misinform. break even cost for this project is 620 to 650psf. and media say that it will be sold at 700 to 800 psf. but I doubt it will be sold at more than 700 psf on average.

Unregistered
01-04-08, 13:39
Please don't misinform. break even cost for this project is 620 to 650psf. and media say that it will be sold at 700 to 800 psf. but I doubt it will be sold at more than 700 psf on average.

Haha, the irony of it! U ask people not to be misinformed but you misinform others about the break even cost of psf... Break even is $680 to $720 (See link below). Units expected to be marketed at $800 psf.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/336051/1/.html

Unregistered
01-04-08, 14:11
Yah, and VP also got a lot of young families which means lots of young kids and over the weekend these families going to invite their friends with young kids so the swimming pool going to be so crowded and noisy. All these screaming kids and bikini clad teenagers. Terrible! Best is to get Clementi Woods or Stellar or Westcove, these condos dun have such things. Only Varsity Park will have.

You are talking like using yr dick, CW, Stellar all have not even TOP yet u can predict they all dont have overcrowded thing. If you want to bluff can use those projects already TOP la. Bluff also don't know how to do it. Kayu. No wonder you are so sour grape, only know how to talk back about VP. Get a life, dick head.

Unregistered
01-04-08, 14:15
That's the reason why I am viewing VP this week.

blackjack21trader, hope you will seal up the deal this week. You won't regret it, promise. VP will eventually hit 1000 psf.

Unregistered
01-04-08, 15:11
blackjack21trader, hope you will seal up the deal this week. You won't regret it, promise. VP will eventually hit 1000 psf.

Read this article, blackjack, before you plunge yourself into this stupid deal.

ZURICH (Reuters) - UBS AG (UBSN.VX: Quote, Profile, Research) doubled its writedowns from the subprime crisis, parted company with its chairman and asked shareholders for more emergency capital on Tuesday in a second dramatic attempt to reverse its fortunes.

The Swiss bank wrote down an additional $19 billion on U.S. real estate and related assets, causing a net loss of 12 billion Swiss francs ($12.03 billion) in the first quarter, and said it would seek 15 billion francs through a rights issue of shares.

It is also hiving off ailing portions of the bank into a separate unit.

The moves were more dramatic than expected by many and deal a new blow to the world's largest wealth manager and the European bank hardest hit so far by the credit crisis, still reeling under the weight of billions of dollars in bad investments.

Shares were expected to fall sharply on the news.

"The question remains whether finally all the skeletons have been cleared from the closet through today's writedowns or whether there will be further problems. There is still room for more correction given the exposure," said analysts at bank Wegelin in a note to clients.

Unregistered
01-04-08, 15:14

Ya, lets check his ip address to see if this fellow is writing from his ward in IMH. Heard one patient at IMH so obsessed with owning properties in D5 that he named all the properties in the monopoly game to "botania, varsity park, infinti....

Chimera
01-04-08, 15:15
In which case, any purchase at this point is a stupid deal.....

Unregistered
01-04-08, 16:47
In which case, any purchase at this point is a stupid deal.....
Why you didn't you warn me that price is expected to go up further?
See what happened! I have to buy at a higher price now!
Next time when you have some good info, share with others.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/CNAlogo.gif
HDB and private property prices up in Q1 flash estimates
Channel NewsAsia
Tuesday, 1 April 2008, 1345 hrs

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/imagegallery/store/phpqVz7c1.jpg

Private residential property prices in Singapore rose 4.2% in the first quarter this year, according to the latest preliminary estimates from the Urban Redevelopment Authority.

The pace was slower than the 6.8% clip recorded in the fourth quarter of last year.

On a quarter on quarter basis, the biggest rise in property prices for non-landed properties came from the central districts just outside the prime postal districts of 9, 10 and 11.

Prices in these central areas (i.e. RCR) increased 7.7% in January to March, compared with the October to December period.

Properties in the prime districts of 9, 10 and 11, as well as the downtown area and Sentosa (i.e. CCR), rose 7.5% on quarter.

And those in the rest of Singapore (i.e. OCR) advanced about 7% in the first quarter from the previous three months.

The preliminary estimates are based on transaction prices given in caveats lodged during the first 10 weeks of the quarter, as well as the number of new units sold.

Meantime, the Housing and Development Board says prices of HDB resale flats rose 3.4% in the January to March period over the previous three months.

This is lower than the 5.7% increase in the fourth quarter.

Both the URA and HDB will release final figures at the end of April.

The URA said in its release, that as at 4th Quarter 2007,there are about 64,900 private residential units in the pipeline, of which about 56,100 new private housing units are expected to be completed between 2008 and 2011.

There are also some 38,300 units that have yet to be put on sale by developers.

As for the supply of government flats, the HDB said it had made available in the first quarter of this year, some 1,100 new flats in two Build-To-Order (BTO) projects in Punggol and Yishun.

It said that depending on demand, there could be another 5,000 new BTO flats in towns such as Punggol, Sengkang, Woodlands and Bukit Panjang.

The total planned BTO supply of 6,100 new flats for January till September 2008 will surpass the annual BTO flat supply in 2007 and 2006.

This new supply of flats will be in addition to those offered under Balloting Exercises for surplus replacement SERS and other flats, as well as the planned release of three Design-and-Build sites in Simei, Toa Payoh and Bedok with some 1,500 flats in the 1st half of 2008.

Unregistered
01-04-08, 17:08
Why you didn't you warn me that price is expected to go up further?
See what happened! I have to buy at a higher price now!
Next time when you have some good info, share with others.

believe me, I don't know how URA compile their statistics. Prices in the west coast area have not gone up, even by one percent. If anything, prices have come down a bit. asking prices have gone down from 800+ psf to 700+ at the present.

blackjack21trader
01-04-08, 18:01
Read this article, blackjack, before you plunge yourself into this stupid deal.

ZURICH (Reuters) - UBS AG (UBSN.VX: Quote, Profile, Research) doubled its writedowns from the subprime crisis, parted company with its chairman and asked shareholders for more emergency capital on Tuesday in a second dramatic attempt to reverse its fortunes.

The Swiss bank wrote down an additional $19 billion on U.S. real estate and related assets, causing a net loss of 12 billion Swiss francs ($12.03 billion) in the first quarter, and said it would seek 15 billion francs through a rights issue of shares.

It is also hiving off ailing portions of the bank into a separate unit.

The moves were more dramatic than expected by many and deal a new blow to the world's largest wealth manager and the European bank hardest hit so far by the credit crisis, still reeling under the weight of billions of dollars in bad investments.

Shares were expected to fall sharply on the news.

"The question remains whether finally all the skeletons have been cleared from the closet through today's writedowns or whether there will be further problems. There is still room for more correction given the exposure," said analysts at bank Wegelin in a note to clients.

Noted. Thanks for the article. I will exercise caution.

blackjack21trader
01-04-08, 18:05
I have to say this forum is indeed a very useful one with many helpful forumers although some might say otherwise. I learnt a lot from some more informed individuals here and luckily I did not over-commit in my investment as a result of my over zealous sentiments. Thanks alot. :)

Unregistered
01-04-08, 18:31
d5 price went up!
Recent Transaction in vp already $800psf and one forumer here buy at $820psf .So price in VP is not dropping as what many here wish.Sorry if you are sourgrape S

Unregistered
01-04-08, 21:24
d5 price went up!
Recent Transaction in vp already $800psf and one forumer here buy at $820psf .So price in VP is not dropping as what many here wish.Sorry if you are sourgrape S

I'm not vested in VP but I need to say just this: the fact the VP was fully sold during launch really speaks for itself. Its sitting on a very rare fengshui plot of land will probably push up VP's psf in the future. Fengshui thingy is quite mysterious and real. Just watch.

Unregistered
02-04-08, 09:48
I'm not vested in VP but I need to say just this: the fact the VP was fully sold during launch really speaks for itself. Its sitting on a very rare fengshui plot of land will probably push up VP's psf in the future. Fengshui thingy is quite mysterious and real. Just watch.

Fully sold after waiting a full three years. a good sign? what would be a bad sign? fully sold after 4 years?

Unregistered
02-04-08, 09:57
d5 price went up!

800psf? the most recent transactions occurred at 757, 756 and 712 psf. not even close to 800.

one forumer said he paid 820psf? Were you there when he signed the deal? Even if you were, one stupid person making a stupid decision doesn't mean there will be other stupid deals made.

Unregistered
02-04-08, 10:09
Only the foolish will buy. See below.

Property market may stay quiet for up to a year

A MONTH ago, property consultants were predicting that the cooling market would pick up after June. That optimism has fast drained away.

Consultants now expect home prices and sales to remain weak for up to a year from now, after official estimates yesterday confirmed that price growth was tapering off.

'We can expect residential prices to continue weakening over the next 12 months', in the light of the United States sub-prime debacle and an expected US recession, said Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL).

Other consultancies, such as CB Richard Ellis Research, believe price growth will slow further in the second quarter, to '1 per cent or 2 per cent'.

Home sales are also plunging as buyers retreat - and they are expected to stay low as sellers dig in their heels to wait out the slowdown.

New home sales were likely to have dropped in the first quarter to one of the lowest levels ever, second only to those recorded during the Sars period.

In the secondary market, sales have fallen to 2005 levels, according to estimates from Savills Singapore.

Mid-tier private properties on the city fringe, such as in Novena, Toa Payoh, Marine Parade and Queenstown, are likely to be hardest hit by falling buyer demand.

These areas saw the biggest slowdown in price growth in the first 10 weeks of the year, suggesting that prices in these regions may be peaking, said JLL.

Buyers in these areas have shallower pockets and are more sensitive to market sentiment, it added.

In the HDB segment, prices have stabilised at about $50,000 cash over valuation or less, said Mr Eugene Lim, assistant vice-president at ERA Realty Network.

'Resale flats priced higher than that take much longer to sell or may not sell at all.'

Phillip Securities Research, meanwhile, aired concerns over the 'huge supply' of homes due to be completed in the next two years.

Supply is 'expected to exceed the demand from buyers and result in a slide in local property prices from 2010', it said.

HDB plans to release another 5,000 new build-to-order flats in the next six months. There are also 64,900 private homes in the pipeline, of which 90 per cent will be completed by 2011, while 60 per cent have yet to be sold.

Most experts believe, however, that confidence and demand will return by year-end - as long as the Singapore economy stays robust.

'Sellers now take a while to sell their homes, but there are still buyers,' said Mr Eric Cheng, the executive director of HSR property group.

'Last year, it took maybe a month to sell a home. Now, it takes two months. But in 2000 or 2002, it took a year,' he said.

Unregistered
02-04-08, 10:44
Bottom line. If you have money whatever you do is right, If you don't then you are foolish.

Unregistered
02-04-08, 12:26
Only the foolish will buy. See below.

Property market may stay quiet for up to a year

A MONTH ago, property consultants were predicting that the cooling market would pick up after June. That optimism has fast drained away.

Consultants now expect home prices and sales to remain weak for up to a year from now, after official estimates yesterday confirmed that price growth was tapering off.

'We can expect residential prices to continue weakening over the next 12 months', in the light of the United States sub-prime debacle .........................................................
Property market may (but not necessary) stay quiet for a while if the US sub-prime concern drag on.
Yes, that reporter is right.

Not that the sub-prime concern is going away, the market will not stay quiet at all.
The problem is there but the concern is going away.
So no point bringing up this concern thing since it is going away.

If the concern remain, property market may (but not necessary) stay quiet. Now that it is going away, it will not stay quiet.

http://www.ap.org/media/images/logo.gif
Bank news and economic data boosts stocks to a big rally
Joe Bel Bruno
Business Writer
Associated Press
New York, New York, U.S.
Tuesday, 1 April 2008, 7:31PM U.S. EDT

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20080402/2008_04_01t160317_450x297_us_markets_stocks.jpg
Traders work on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange April 1, 2008. U.S. stocks extended gains on Tuesday, lifting the benchmarks S&P 500 and the NASDAQ up more than 3% as Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc.'s move to bolster its balance sheet calmed worries about the financial sector's stability. - Photo: Brendan McDermid, AP

Wall Street began the second quarter with a big rally Tuesday as investors rushed back into stocks, optimistic that the worst of the credit crisis has passed and that the economy is faring better than expected. The Dow Jones industrials surged nearly 400 points, and all the major indexes were up more than 3%.

Financial stocks were among the big winners after Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. and Switzerland's UBS AG issued new shares to help bolster their balance sheets. With that upbeat news and a fresh quarter ahead of them, investors appear quite willing to make some bets that the worst of the damage from the nation's credit struggles has been felt. Moreover, the banks' moves buttressed the view that financial services companies are taking aggressive action to improve their capital bases and stave off the potential of a collapse similar to Bear Stearns Cos.

Analysts believe there must be a recovery in bank and brokerages to lead major stock indexes higher. Some of the biggest financial players had their sharpest moves of the year Tuesday — Citigroup Inc. shot up 11%, JPMorgan Chase & Co. rose 9%, and Lehman surged 18%.

"Investors have a difficult time making decisions about the stock market if they don't have confidence in major financial institutions, so there's been a lot of sideline cash," said Richard Cripps, chief market strategist for Stifel Nicolaus. "The extreme conditions that we've seen here over the past few months has been missing that confidence ... but that appears to be changing, and we're seeing the response."

Meanwhile, Wall Street got another boost when the Institute for Supply Management said its March index of national manufacturing activity rose to a reading of 48.6 — indicating a contraction, but a slower one than in February and tamer than many analysts had predicted. Government data on construction spending for February also came in better than expected.

The Dow rose 391.47, or 3.19 percent, to 12,654.36. It marked the eighth-biggest point gain ever for the Dow, and the third time in two weeks it came close to or surpassed 400 points.

Broader stock indicators also gained sharply. The Standard & Poor's 500 index rose 47.48, or 3.59%, to 1,370.18 — the index's best start to a second quarter since 1938. And, the Nasdaq composite index rose 83.65, or 3.67%, to 2,362.75.

The advance was in contrast to a lackluster session on Monday, where stocks managed a moderate gain in the final session of a dismal first quarter. Major indexes ended the first three months of 2008 with massive losses, marking the worst period since the third quarter of 2002 when Wall Street was approaching the lowest point of a protracted bear market.

Renewed enthusiasm that the credit crisis might be waning was also felt in the Treasury market, where government securities fell as investors withdrew money to take bets on stocks. The 10-year Treasury note's yield, which moves opposite its price, rose to 3.55% from 3.43% late Monday. The yield edged up to 3.56% in after-hours trading.

In addition to hopes about the financial sector, Wall Street was relieved to see the feeble dollar regain some strength against the euro. The euro fell to $1.5596 from $1.5785 late Monday in New York.

And there was also optimism that commodities prices, which have hit historic highs in recent months, have begun to retreat. Crude fell 60 cents to settle at $100.98 on the New York Mercantile Exchange after earlier falling below $100. Meanwhile, gold dropped back below $900 an ounce.

"This is a nice way to begin the second quarter," said Todd Leone, managing director of equity trading at Cowen & Co. "All the financials are up big, and there's a sense that things are turning. We definitely have not seen the last of the credit crisis, but we're getting closer."

The stock rally was underpinned by the announcements from UBS and Lehman Brothers that they are boosting capital by issuing new stock. Shares of banks and brokerages hovered near multiyear lows in recent months as investors feared heavy losses from investments tied to subprime mortgages would be overwhelming.

Earlier this month, widespread concerns about Bear Stearns' financial position forced the investment bank to sell itself to JPMorgan in a deal engineered by the Federal Reserve — and that stoked fears that other investment houses might follow.

JPMorgan rose $4.05, or 9.4%, to $47; while Bear Stearns was up 36 cents, or 3.4%, to $10.85 — slightly above the $10 per share acquisition price.

UBS, one of Europe's biggest banks, said it will issue up to $15 billion in new stock and that its chairman, Marcel Ospel, had quit. Investors chose to look past the bank's announcement that it will take a fresh $19 billion write-down due to additional declines in the value of its mortgage assets and other credit instruments, following an $18 billion write-down last year. Its shares surged $4.21, or 14.6%, to $33.01 in trading on the New York Stock Exchange.

Lehman Brothers, dogged by speculation it might reveal losses big enough to cripple the company, on Tuesday raised $4 billion of capital to stymie questions about its financial stability. Lehman rose $6.70, or 17.8%, to $44.34.

The Russell 2000 index of smaller companies rose 22.68, or 3.30%, to 710.65.

Advancing issues outnumbered decliners by about 4 to 1 on the New York Stock Exchange, where consolidated volume came to a heavy 4.65 billion shares, compared to 4.02 billion on Monday.

In overseas trade, Tokyo's Nikkei closed up 1.04%. There were gains in Europe too, with London's FTSE rising 2.64%, Frankfurt's DAX gaining 2.84% and Paris' CAC 40 advancing 3.38%.

Unregistered
02-04-08, 12:47
Bottom line. If you have money whatever you do is right, If you don't then you are foolish.

Thats a good one!!!! Only fools with no money tends to make so much noise about property crashing.

Unregistered
02-04-08, 12:49
Fully sold after waiting a full three years. a good sign? what would be a bad sign? fully sold after 4 years?

Thats becos you cant see the gem, I can. Thats the bottom line.

Unregistered
02-04-08, 12:58
800psf? the most recent transactions occurred at 757, 756 and 712 psf. not even close to 800.

one forumer said he paid 820psf? Were you there when he signed the deal? Even if you were, one stupid person making a stupid decision doesn't mean there will be other stupid deals made.

U got it wrong, its one smart person making the right decision while the rest of the fools with no $$$ making no headways.

puppets?
02-04-08, 13:09
y do humans need to be puppets? because most have weak spines. or the puppeteer is a control freak who just insist in having her way at all times.

Unregistered
02-04-08, 13:36
y do humans need to be puppets? because most have weak spines. or the puppeteer is a control freak who just insist in having her way at all times.
i enjoy being a puppet. its part of my job .

Unregistered
02-04-08, 13:48
U got it wrong, its one smart person making the right decision while the rest of the fools with no $$$ making no headways.

I am going to put an adv in ST my penthouse unit at VP this Saturday for 1080psf. This is your chance to make headways. If we can sign the deal on Saturday evening before 6pm, I think your bold move may even be recognized on Sunday Times

Unregistered
02-04-08, 13:51
i enjoy being a puppet. its part of my job .
robot nicer or puppet nicer. which gives me faster promotion. i from india.

Unregistered
02-04-08, 13:58
yup even goh chok tong never make demands on their staff for persnal gain.

Unregistered
02-04-08, 13:59
1 stupid cock talking cork here.

Unregistered
02-04-08, 14:01
yup even goh chok tong never make demands on their staff for persnal gain.
soharto got like that

Unregistered
02-04-08, 14:07
soharto got like that
this is singapore not india

Unregistered
02-04-08, 14:09
singaporeans so high and mighty why scared soharto

Unregistered
02-04-08, 15:11

Mas, Pak Soeharto was formerly the President of the Republic of Indonesia, not India.

Wah lao! This type of simple fact also don't know!

Unregistered
03-04-08, 00:28
Thats becos you cant see the gem, I can. Thats the bottom line.

agreed; but what i see is a gold field ...

Unregistered
03-04-08, 11:09
agreed; but what i see is a gold field ...

Ya, u know, I know. Thats good enough. No point sharing the good news for those who are not vested. Cheers.

Unregistered
04-04-08, 07:51
19/03/08 #02-22 1572ft2 $757psf $1,190,000

13/03/08 #02-35 1012ft2 $759psf $768,000

14/02/08 #04-40 1033ft2 $712psf $735,000

01/02/08 #01-42 1313ft2 $609psf $800,000

01/02/08 #04-80 1496ft2 $800psf $1.196.800

30/01/08 #05-55 2228ft2 $763psf $1,700,000

25/01/08 #02-44 1012ft2 $721psf $730,000

25/01/08 #04-43 1033ft2 $697psf $720,000

21/01/08 #01-17 1636ft2 $672psf $1,100,000

21/01/08 #01-77 1615ft2 $755psf $1,220,000

Good luck to people who paid too much ;-P

And more luck to those sellers still holding out for high prices :-(

Unregistered
04-04-08, 10:25
19/03/08 #02-22 1572ft2 $757psf $1,190,000

13/03/08 #02-35 1012ft2 $759psf $768,000

14/02/08 #04-40 1033ft2 $712psf $735,000

01/02/08 #01-42 1313ft2 $609psf $800,000

01/02/08 #04-80 1496ft2 $800psf $1.196.800

30/01/08 #05-55 2228ft2 $763psf $1,700,000

25/01/08 #02-44 1012ft2 $721psf $730,000

25/01/08 #04-43 1033ft2 $697psf $720,000

21/01/08 #01-17 1636ft2 $672psf $1,100,000

21/01/08 #01-77 1615ft2 $755psf $1,220,000

Good luck to people who paid too much ;-P

And more luck to those sellers still holding out for high prices :-(

Why don't you look at it this way; the transactions are a reflection of the market price of VP. The median price for VP based on these transactions should be about $700 psf. Why then do you say that these people paid too much for VP?

This is a free market. The price is decided based on a willing buyer and willing seller. If there are people willing to buy at more than $700 psf, and the bulk of the transactions take place at or around $700 psf, what is your basis for saying that these people paid too much?

Some people may say in this forum that because VP looked like a zoo, army barracks, HDB estate, has ugly brown railings, etc, etc, that is why VP should be worth much less than $700 psf.

Those comments are from people who did not buy a unit there themselves. They may not be willing to pay $700 psf for a unit there. However, these people may be a minority as the reported transactions do show a median price of about $700 psf. It goes to show that there is a pool of genuine buyers interested in VP who value VP at about $700 psf.

So those people who talk down VP, whatever your motives, you are welcome to present clear and compelling evidence why you say $700 psf is too much.

Unregistered
04-04-08, 10:33
Why don't you look at it this way; the transactions are a reflection of the market price of VP. The median price for VP based on these transactions should be about $700 psf. Why then do you say that these people paid too much for VP?

This is a free market. The price is decided based on a willing buyer and willing seller. If there are people willing to buy at more than $700 psf, and the bulk of the transactions take place at or around $700 psf, what is your basis for saying that these people paid too much?

Some people may say in this forum that because VP looked like a zoo, army barracks, HDB estate, has ugly brown railings, etc, etc, that is why VP should be worth much less than $700 psf.

Those comments are from people who did not buy a unit there themselves. They may not be willing to pay $700 psf for a unit there. However, these people may be a minority as the reported transactions do show a median price of about $700 psf. It goes to show that there is a pool of genuine buyers interested in VP who value VP at about $700 psf.

So those people who talk down VP, whatever your motives, you are welcome to present clear and compelling evidence why you say $700 psf is too much.

In a forum where you will find morons and fools who got nothing better to do than talking down on projects that don't even have anything to do with them.

Its a clear sign of jealousy, envy, hatred, disappointment, these are negative traits that probably make them react in such a way. I've pass by VP a couple of times and I find the design quite appealing for a resort living. How many 5 storey condo with such big openness can we find in Singapore??? With Clementi Woods and West Coast Park nearby, I find that 700psf is still not a good reflection of its potential. I am now considering getting a 4 bedder loft unit there as I believe Billion Rise will eventually push up VP prices in the next 3-5 years, ie. medium term.

Unregistered
04-04-08, 10:41

I think the good luck wish is for those who paid $800+ PSF!

The $700 psf is more reflective of VP's true value perhaps and not the $800+

Unregistered
04-04-08, 10:45
In a forum where you will find morons and fools who got nothing better to do than talking down on projects that don't even have anything to do with them.

Its a clear sign of jealousy, envy, hatred, disappointment, these are negative traits that probably make them react in such a way. I've pass by VP a couple of times and I find the design quite appealing for a resort living. How many 5 storey condo with such big openness can we find in Singapore??? With Clementi Woods and West Coast Park nearby, I find that 700psf is still not a good reflection of its potential. I am now considering getting a 4 bedder loft unit there as I believe Billion Rise will eventually push up VP prices in the next 3-5 years, ie. medium term.

I believe it will be very easy for you to find your 4brm loft coz they are many listings for VP. Please make your purchase happen and add to the URA's data, if not your comment is not even worth 2 cts.

Unregistered
04-04-08, 10:46
IT WILL HIT 1000PSF VERY SOON.

PP
04-04-08, 11:06
I have a unit in VP, but am very disappointed that the look and qualify resembles very much like the HDB flats, although the layout is quite good. I took a walk around after collecting the keys, and noticed ponding everywhere on the walkway after a downpour. Turning in to the condo from the road will be a nightmare in time to come when The Stellar is completed. Have been trying to sell it.

Unregistered
04-04-08, 11:40
I have a unit in VP, but am very disappointed that the look and qualify resembles very much like the HDB flats, although the layout is quite good. I took a walk around after collecting the keys, and noticed ponding everywhere on the walkway after a downpour. Turning in to the condo from the road will be a nightmare in time to come when The Stellar is completed. Have been trying to sell it.

A very good review. At least you are honest in comments and not being one sided. Every development definitely has its good and bad points.

Unregistered
04-04-08, 11:43

At least PP has the legitimate basis for complaining about VP. He bought a unit there, unlike some of those idiots in this forum flaming the project unnecessarily.

Unregistered
04-04-08, 11:51

sell it to me, and I will pay 400psf for it. or perhaps 420psf. I will rent it out to poor chinese and indian students at NUS.

Unregistered
04-04-08, 11:52

sell it to me, and I will pay 400psf for it. or perhaps 420psf. I will rent it out to poor chinese and indian students at NUS.

Unregistered
04-04-08, 12:01
At least PP has the legitimate basis for complaining about VP. He bought a unit there, unlike some of those idiots in this forum flaming the project unnecessarily.

No one is flaming the project unnecessarily. If people said that VP resembled a slum at the outskirt of manila, then they would be doing that. But people only voiced their opinion fairly, when they said the project resembled army barracks, and HDB. mind you they only said "resembled." it doesn't mean VP are as bad as those.

Unregistered
04-04-08, 12:03

ponding everywhere? that is poor workmanship. as I said before, you paid a pittance to get it, and you will get a pittance in return.

Unregistered
04-04-08, 12:05
ponding everywhere? that is poor workmanship. as I said before, you paid a pittance to get it, and you will get a pittance in return.

I went with my wife to the showroom twice, and we did not buy. My wife said it is too crowded, just like HDB flats. I think now she was pretty smart.

Unregistered
04-04-08, 12:07

I will buy it at 500 psf

Unregistered
04-04-08, 12:16
I am looking for a unit VP, please let me know how many bedrooms is your unit and what is your asking price

Unregistered
04-04-08, 12:41

don't call people names just because they disagree with you. Idiots are anyones who disagree with you, in your view.

Unregistered
04-04-08, 12:58
I am certain if you tell your property agent that you are asking around $650 to $700psf, your agent will be able to find a good owner for your VP unit in a hurry.

Unregistered
04-04-08, 14:00
I am certain if you tell your property agent that you are asking around $650 to $700psf, your agent will be able to find a good owner for your VP unit in a hurry.

less if your unit is on the ground floor facing either clementi road or west coast road. these are major roads and hence noisy and dirty with vehicle exhaust fume.

PP
04-04-08, 14:22

Heck NO! I bought it sub-sale. That was last year. Regret.

Unregistered
04-04-08, 14:32
so could you give me your agent number since you are keen to sell? I am looking for a 3 bedroom or 4 bedroom

Unregistered
04-04-08, 14:34
less if your unit is on the ground floor facing either clementi road or west coast road. these are major roads and hence noisy and dirty with vehicle exhaust fume.

Don't worry, garden vista is facing even busier roads plus highway pass and train track and yet the price went from 600 psf three years ago to 1300 last year! Don't you worry and someday you will be able to sell for 1,000 psf.

Unregistered
04-04-08, 15:14
Don't worry, garden vista is facing even busier roads plus highway pass and train track and yet the price went from 600 psf three years ago to 1300 last year! Don't you worry and someday you will be able to sell for 1,000 psf.

yes, singaporean buy condos based on only one criterion. location. they will buy one with good location even if it is located next to a grave yard or oil refinery.

Unregistered
04-04-08, 15:16

Hello PP, was'nt u aware that VP was meant to be mass market condo, priced at around 500psf during launch??? You must be realistic on your expectation. Are you buying to stay or investment?? If stay, don't you think the nice layout which is where u r gonna be in all the while more important than the facade, be it army barracks, zoo or what have you not???? R u gonna be hanging around outside VP all the time or should you enjoy the big generous spaces inside yr unit, which is more important???????

I just cannot understand yr argument which really make no sense IMO. R u expecting BMW quality when you buy a Toyota car??? Have a ponder first before you start shooting down your purchase.

Unregistered
04-04-08, 15:23
Hello PP, was'nt u aware that VP was meant to be mass market condo, priced at around 500psf during launch??? You must be realistic on your expectation. Are you buying to stay or investment?? If stay, don't you think the nice layout which is where u r gonna be in all the while more important than the facade, be it army barracks, zoo or what have you not???? R u gonna be hanging around outside VP all the time or should you enjoy the big generous spaces inside yr unit, which is more important???????

I just cannot understand yr argument which really make no sense IMO. R u expecting BMW quality when you buy a Toyota car??? Have a ponder first before you start shooting down your purchase.

Hey, hey, be fair to pp. He paid 800 plus psf for VP. He has a right to expect BMW quality. what he got is anything but.

how can he enjoy the side. there are water everywhere on the trails. and when he get in his unit, he sees HDB finishings.

Unregistered
04-04-08, 15:27
Hey, hey, be fair to pp. He paid 800 plus psf for VP. He has a right to expect BMW quality. what he got is anything but.

how can he enjoy the side. there are water everywhere on the trails. and when he get in his unit, he sees HDB finishings.

hehe, what he got is a geely.

Unregistered
04-04-08, 15:31
hehe, what he got is a geely.

No!!! what he got is a two wheeled bike with a broken chain.

Unregistered
04-04-08, 15:32
yes, singaporean buy condos based on only one criterion. location. they will buy one with good location even if it is located next to a grave yard or oil refinery.

How can it be a "good location" if it is located to heavy three-way traffic junction, oil refinery or graveyard?

Unregistered
04-04-08, 15:36
How can it be a "good location" if it is located to heavy three-way traffic junction, oil refinery or graveyard?

that is my question too. How can gardenvista be described as "at a good location." when the location, while near city center, is noisy and highly polluted.

Unregistered
04-04-08, 15:47
that is my question too. How can gardenvista be described as "at a good location." when the location, while near city center, is noisy and highly polluted.

Garden Vista is quite near Orchard and for those who can't afford 3000psf, but aspire to live in prime district, 1300psf is a reasonable price to pay even many negatives associated with that location. Is VP near orchard as well? That is the question?

Unregistered
04-04-08, 15:48
Garden Vista is quite near Orchard and for those who can't afford 3000psf, but aspire to live in prime district, 1300psf is a reasonable price to pay even many negatives associated with that location. Is VP near orchard as well? That is the question?

nope. VP is near the pasir panjang port and jurong island, where the oil refineries are.

Unregistered
04-04-08, 15:52
nope. VP is near the pasir panjang port and jurong island, where the oil refineries are.

You have hit the nail. Thats why keep on telling you guys that it is sitting on a rare location, good fengshui. HUAT AH HUAT AH HUAT AH!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
04-04-08, 15:54

Singapore is so small and orchard is never far from where you live, but one thing to take not though is that VP is a stone throw away from world's busiest container port. Most cities I live in, properties near container port are generally not being considered as "investment" grade. Perhaps SIngapore is so small, even properties right next to graveyard is still OK.

Unregistered
04-04-08, 15:56
You have hit the nail. Thats why keep on telling you guys that it is sitting on a rare location, good fengshui. HUAT AH HUAT AH HUAT AH!!!!!!!!

With the thriving Port and Jurong Island Plus the record breaking oil prices, how can it not be good fengshui for VP???? HUAT AH!!!!

Unregistered
04-04-08, 16:44
Varsity Park Condominium For Sale @ Westcoast Road

Brand New Condominium
Project Name: Varsity Park

For Sale -
2rm, 3rm, 3+1rm, 4rm, 4+1rm, 3+1 loft unit & 4+1 loft unit.
Price from $720psf to $780psf NEG.

wow, so many units for sale. I guess everyone who received the key was disappointed and rushed to sell before prices get lower and lower. Pp is probably not the only one disappointed.

PP
04-04-08, 18:10
Bought because of enbloc pressure. Now stuck lah. Try to sell, but agent said response not good. See if can rent lah. Not going to talk about it anymore.

Unregistered
04-04-08, 20:28
PP, I am very keen to get a unit and since you really want to sell, why don't you give me your agent's no?