PDA

View Full Version : Not all locations in prime districts are prime

M3
02-02-07, 01:43
Ok so the Prime Districts are 9, 10, and 11.

How do you rank them in terms of prime-ness? Are there overlaps? And where are the overlaps?

Which are the locations in districts 9, 10, 11 that are the least prime?

Please enlighten?

I am confused because I don't see how some areas in district 10 can be considered Prime, as they are very near Clementi or Tiong Bahru HDB?? And why district 11 is considered less prime when Newton is very near Orchard, much nearer than Sixth Avenue which is so far away?

Thanks brothers and sisters!

Unregistered
02-02-07, 12:34
the least prime is district 9 and 11. district 9 because some part near little india, district 11 because some part near balestier.

Unregistered
02-02-07, 14:37
It's very subjective.

Some part of district 10 is very near district 21 (clementi) but people like the convenience of schools in the area. For me, I like the fact that it's near, but not too near town because I don't want to live in the middle of the hustle and bustle of say, orchard area.

It really depends
02-02-07, 18:38
... on the tenant and occupier profile of the place. Ardmore Park, Cuscaden, Grange Road areas will always be filled with high-end expats and rich locals. These are the people whose wealth is least likely to be affected by any economic uncertainty. So the prime factor of this area is likely to remain.

Robertson Quay, in another example, is and will be home to lots of mid-end expats and youngish upper-middle class locals. These people will be the first to go when an economic downturn hits. Plus you will have a large supply of new condos coming up in the area in the near future. Anything happens, this area is likely one of the first to be hit.