PDA

View Full Version : Mi Casa (D23, 99 Years, Far East Organization)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

zoros
18-02-09, 15:29
Hi folks

I stayed around CCK area, juz to inform you guys that a new 99 yrs condo, Mi Casa, by Far East is coming very soon. Showflat is being done up now.

A bit info: Location is not bad as it's walking distance to CCK Mrt Stn/Bus Interchange/Shops, Shell Stn and Lot 1 Shoppers' Mall/CCK Centre.

For rest info, wait til when it launch officially.

One thing will be exiciting to watch is how much PSF especially when Jurong West is selling at a discount when launch as seen from recent Caspian project.

Cheers! :cool:

i12buyhouse
18-02-09, 16:26
I don't think it is going to be cheap judging by the previous project launched by the developer

Hi folks

I stayed around CCK area, juz to inform you guys that a new 99 yrs condo, Mi Casa, by Far East is coming very soon. Showflat is being done up now.

A bit info: Location is not bad as it's walking distance to CCK Mrt Stn/Bus Interchange/Shops, Shell Stn and Lot 1 Shoppers' Mall/CCK Centre.

One thing will be exiciting to watch is how much PSF especially when Jurong West is selling at a discount when launch as seen from recent Caspian project.

gfoo
18-02-09, 16:31
even if it's cheap, this is FEO.

everything falls apart after a year of TOP, about when the defect-free period ends

gohll
26-02-09, 12:29
The picture poster is up, it looks like it's probably going to be just 2 blocks, very low - maybe about 7 or 8 storeys high only, with a very small pool. I'm so disappointed. It's just a small plot of land anyway. Very low blocks maybe because of the army camp just next to the plot.

august
26-02-09, 12:34
even if it's cheap, this is FEO.

everything falls apart after a year of TOP, about when the defect-free period ends

adoi, FEO rep so bad one ah? :eek:

zoros
26-02-09, 14:02
The picture poster is up, it looks like it's probably going to be just 2 blocks, very low - maybe about 7 or 8 storeys high only, with a very small pool. I'm so disappointed. It's just a small plot of land anyway. Very low blocks maybe because of the army camp just next to the plot.

Let's wait til the soft launch details out in weeks to come. According to previous land sale for this plot, it was said that the plot ratio is even higher than the nearby The Warren Condo, i.e. can build up to 36 storeys high which i read months ago from ST.

36 storeys is still possible if the garmen folks intend to close down the nearby army camp & shift it to other places.

gohll
26-02-09, 14:25
I really hope so, but I DOUBT it. Go take a look at the poster, it doesn't look exciting at all. I'm very keen to buy a condo (esp. on a high floor) in the CCK area, but this plot of land seems to be the last plot near the MRT station. Keep us posted when you hear more news ok?

zoros
02-03-09, 13:44
Hi

The GIANT condo colorful poster is UP oredi at the showhouse, even the chinese name has been named too!

The workers are busily doing the interior fix-out for the showhouse. Guess FEO wanna to push out the sales ASAP esp after seeing both Caspian and Alexis having good sales.

As I said, the plus point for this MI CASA project is, near to CCK Central, and is beside the CCK Park, tucked at the quieter part of CCK Centre area. Most importantly, it's the ONLY new project at the CCK Centre region.

gohll
06-03-09, 12:38
I heard that the soft launch will be in the next 2 months. Saw an agent's comment on MyHometown.com that the psf will be from $620 upwards, hope that's not true as that would be crazily expensive (unless they give a HUGE discount during the soft launch - like Alexis - 28% discount!). Mi Casa is in a sub-urban location, with no exciting big dev project like the Lake district for Caspian. Also, unlike Caspian with the high floors and many condo facilities, Mi Casa doesn't look luxurious at all, in fact rather boring and 'cramp', with the few blocks in that small plot of land.

I will probably wait another 6 months to recee the condo market further since the sentiment is that prices are going to drop further within that period of time. If Mi Casa is launched at $620 psf upwards, I might as well look for a better quality condo in a better location!!! Maybe even Caspian. I will only consider Mi Casa if it's between $500 - $550 psf, depending on the final project details.

zoros
06-03-09, 14:44
Hi

I personally dun think it would drop to 500 to 550 psf. Reason being the best and newest existing condo in the region, The Warren, is at about 550 psf on average. New condo will normally at about 8 to 12% higher than old condos. PLUS, the location can be classified as at around CCK Central region, and not 1 remote corner of CCK.

Caspian might have the so called "lake side hype" BUT you have to know that the Jurong West area is very near to those Jurong and Tuas industrial estates....i.e. those dust and also the famous chocolate smell...

CCK is basically a very residential-based estate.

gohll
06-03-09, 15:32
The Warren is right across the road from Lot 1 Mall/MRT, facing Lot 1, whereas Mi Casa is quite a walking distance away.

Anyway, do you have any idea roughly what kind of discount can I get at the soft launch? Trying to calculate affordability ....

Still feeling sore about having missed buying The Warren when it was new and cheap.

Thanks.

Patricialim
17-03-09, 14:37
The Warren is right across the road from Lot 1 Mall/MRT, facing Lot 1, whereas Mi Casa is quite a walking distance away.

Anyway, do you have any idea roughly what kind of discount can I get at the soft launch? Trying to calculate affordability ....

Still feeling sore about having missed buying The Warren when it was new and cheap.

Thanks.

Dear all,

I have juz gt some basic info to share wif all abt mi casa...

total is 457 units, 20 storey high, of cos comes wif various size fm 2 bdrm up to 4 bdrm.. and each unit size is compareable to HDB units :)

launching shld be end of mar 09 wich is coming SOON!

average 600psf bt still yet to finalise... as some of yu hav mentioned is walking distance to CCK mrt.

Patricialim
17-03-09, 14:42
Hi folks

hihi...

basic info i gt for mi casa.

457 units, 20 storey high, launching end mar 09.

all the units size are comparable to HDB units.

average 600psf bt yet to confirm.

if anyone interested can contact me! i m fm FEO :)

hyip68034
17-03-09, 22:24
PREVIEW LAUNCH ON - MI CASA @CHOA CHU KANG

Designed with a Mediterranean theme, Mi Casa is a perfect getaway for those who love to come home to resort style living everyday. With the Choa Chu Kang MRT and LRT station, bus interchange and Lot One shopping mall mere minutes away, this new condominium is truly one to look forward to, making it the only private residential development in the vicinity.

Located at Choa Chu Kang Drive, other recreational and shopping amenities such as the Community Library, Choa Chu Kang Park, Swimming Complex & Sports Hall, Warren Country Club.

This residential development is also an ideal home for families with school-going children, with numerous schools such as SouthView Primary School, Bukit Panjang High School and Pioneer Junior College located within the neighbourhood.

FACILITIES Full condo facilities

AMENITIES
• Near Choa Chu Kang bus interchange
• Near to Choa Chu Kang MRT & LRT
• Mins from Lot One Shopping Centre
• Near Swimming Complex & Sports Hall

Schools
* Near SouthView Primary School
* Bukit Panjang High School
* Pioneer Junior College
• Near community library

• Minutes away from Choa Chu Kang Park
• Near Warren Golf Course

We have Various room type to suit your needs.

Studio
2 Bedroom & 2 + 1 Bedroom
3 Bedroom & 3 + 1 Bedroom
4 Bedroom

For preview launch or more information, Please call/EMAIL :

Chris Yip (ERA)
98738598 (Handphone)
[email protected] (Email)

zoros
18-03-09, 17:08
After the CASPIAN hype, now is the turn for MI CASA in the West of Singapore.

CCK basically is a mostly residential area with no industrial area (note: exclude Sungei Kadut area which is at the far end of Yew Tee estate). The site of Mi Casa is not too bad as KJE is just round the corner which connects to Jurong/Tuas industrial zone/2nd Link and BKE/PIE + Causeway.

For people working at West side, CCK is not a bad place to be in. :cool:

peterng8
19-03-09, 21:07
Micasa meaning is my home in spanish...the 2 storey club house is next to multi storey carpark...the condo has a few towers with the lowest block of 5 storeys gradually increase in height of subsequent towers to the highest block of 17 storeys...the 2 bedrooms are about 1000 sq feet and 3+1 around 1200 sq ft...

this escalating height design is unique as it presents an opening up view if ones is standing at the ground floor of the tallest block looking towards the direction of shortest block, there are water feature at the main entrance...pool with slides for kids...50m pool..all towers are linked with shelter...one man island with bbq and washroom...club house with cooking facilities at function room...etc etc...

selling at S$600 psf...

has seen the presentation done by FEO...

hyip68034
19-03-09, 22:03
Hi,

Here are some pics on Mi Casa

Chris Yip (ERA)
98738598 (Handphone)

zoros
20-03-09, 09:36
Hi agent

Not to put in any negative remark on your effort BUT those pics r already in public eye. Guess genuine buyers do appreciate if you have any detailed pics or any others showing the design of units & etc before the soft launch.

Hi,

Here are some pics on Mi Casa

Chris Yip (ERA)
98738598 (Handphone)

hyip68034
20-03-09, 22:14
PREVIEW TARGET LAUNCH IS END MAR / 1ST WEEK OF APRIL !!! - TBA

Here are more pics on Mi Casa

This is a unique development with Mediterranean design concept (dancing blocks) resort style setting. It has functional layout, increases space efficiency and allows for maximum utilization of space with no wasted corners. Mi Casa also has both unique and comprehensive facilities such as "private islands" within the pool for residents' privately held parties, 50m lap pool, tennis courts..

There is also good rental potential due to limited supply of new projects launched within the region. Far East Organization is an award winning developer and is reputable for its extensive landscape design and efficient layout.

Below is more information on Mi Casa Condominium :

DEVELOPER : FAR EAST ORGANIZATION
TENURE : 99YRS
SITE AREA : 204516 sq ft
TYPE : 9 blocks of 5 to 17 storey condominium (457units) with multi storey car park
UNITS :
2bdrm 38units 1020-1292sq ft
2+1study 65units 1120-1146sq ft
3bdrm 169units 1260-1343sq ft
3+1study 136units 1301-2217sq ft
4bdrm 49units 1384-2316sq ft

FACILITIES :
50M lap pool, leisure pool,children fun pool with slides, clubhouse, gymnasium,
Multi purpose hall, Jacuzzi, sun bathing deck, "island" with spa or dining pavilion, Children playground, BBQ pits, Tennis Courts, Garden Plaza

Payment schedule : Normal progressive Payment or Interest Absorption Scheme

* Less than 5 mins walk to Choa Chu Kang MRT station, LRT station and Bus Interchange
* Close proximity to major shopping malls such as Lot 1 Shoppers' Mall & West Mall Shopping Centre
* Within 1 km radius to Southview Primary School
* Easy access to PIE, KJE and SLE

UNIQUE DEVELOPMENT :
* Adopt a Mediterranean design concept (dancing blocks) within the development+
resort style setting
* Wide range of unit sizes
* Functional layout (eg absence of bay window), increase the space efficiency and allow
for maximum utilization of space with no wasted corner etc
* Unique and comprehensive full facilities such as "private islands" within the pool for
the residents privately held parties, 50m lap pool, tennis courts..etc

Chris Yip (ERA)
98738598 (Handphone)

kal
21-03-09, 18:54
THis project looks very unique n 'resort' feeling.. If FEO prices reasonably, think will be sellable...

Autonomy
21-03-09, 20:15
Just went pass there. They are still busy setting up the showroom.

seans
22-03-09, 22:45
Talked to some rep from FEO today. price range from 650 -680 psf. a mid floor 2+1 unit abt 1130sqft will set u back by more than 700k. not to talk abt the high floor unblock poolview unit.

noblebaby
22-03-09, 22:47
Talked to some rep from FEO today. price range from 650 -680 psf. a mid floor 2+1 unit abt 1130sqft will set u back by more than 700k. not to talk abt the high floor unblock poolview unit.

wah, so expensive! even at 600psf, 2+1 already 750k+... at CCK, how to buy? :scared-1:

jonleelk
22-03-09, 23:41
Different FEO give different price. Was showflat viewing Jardin today, the FEO agent there said Mi Casa will likely be launching at avg $620 psf.

Brochures dropped into my mailbox, sticked on my front gate, shoved onto the windscreen of my car (I currently stay in CCK), all says avg $600 psf.

:beats-me-man:

jonleelk
22-03-09, 23:46
THis project looks very unique n 'resort' feeling.. If FEO prices reasonably, think will be sellable...

At the current market situation, what selling price will be considered reasonable, especially from FEO? :doh:

Many other development relaunching currently just below $600 for LH... :tsk-tsk:

smarian
23-03-09, 09:05
Below $550 psf then worth to consider ;)

noblebaby
23-03-09, 09:38
Below $550 psf then worth to consider ;)

multistorey carpark again... like HDB :banghead:

zoros
23-03-09, 09:48
Then get CCK condos like The WARREN which has underground basement carpark... :p

multistorey carpark again... like HDB :banghead:

nonameleh
23-03-09, 13:54
Northvale condo also has underground car park and the condo has been renovated no t long ago;)

joseph85
24-03-09, 00:36
at least 600sgd psf? i think pay abit more can get district 5 956yrs leasehold unit.... lol..

beverly
24-03-09, 15:11
Went to the soft launch on sat .. even the FEO agents told us that MI CASA resembles LA CASA which is an EC at Woodlands . You can google LA CASA and see the images, very much alike ..
MI CASA lack of originality and exclusivity to begin with ! Disappointing.
FEO refused to reveal the price at the soft launch presentation on sat, was told between 580 psf to 690 psf. Thought it's recession, why are the prices still sky high ?

zoros
24-03-09, 16:09
Cos FEO will look and benchmark against the nearest and NEWEST Pte Condo nearby, i.e. The WARREN which is selling between 500 to 560psf on an average. So IMO, if you markup by about 10% on average, it comes close to 600 psf lor.

As I said b4, the BIGGEST selling point for this "MI" over the other "LA" CASA is the location which is at CCK Central unlike that "LA" CASA which is a distance away from WOODLANDS Central.

Went to the soft launch on sat .. even the FEO agents told us that MI CASA resembles LA CASA which is an EC at Woodlands . You can google LA CASA and see the images, very much alike ..
FEO refused to reveal the price at the soft launch presentation on sat, was told between 580 psf to 690 psf. Thought it's recession, why are the prices still sky high ?

zoros
Cos FEO will look and benchmark against the nearest and NEWEST Pte Condo nearby, i.e. The WARREN which is selling between 500 to 560psf on an average. So IMO, if you markup by about 10% on average, it comes close to 600 psf lor.

As i s

zoros

As i said,

Geylang OKT
24-03-09, 21:36

Thanks.

The Warren, if you want to breathe in unhygienic fumes day in day out... be my guest :D

zoros
24-03-09, 21:56
Basically, if one wants to stay beside the transport amenities and shopping area, the trade-off is the occasional black fumes from those buses @ the bus interchange.

Actually, depending on the unit facing one stays at Warren, it's not too bad. I frequently visited Wartren as I have 2 close frens staying over there.

The Warren, if you want to breathe in unhygienic fumes day in day out... be my guest :D

kal
24-03-09, 21:58

haha, i agree.. Warren is just 1min walk to tat bus interchange with lots of those ultra long catepillar type buses !! If just 5mins walk than those 'fumes' and noises, think i'll prefer Mi Casa 5mins walk..

jonleelk
24-03-09, 22:49
Drove pass MiCasa on my way home just now...outside the showflats are platoons of agents...:scared-4: Doesn't look like from FEO.

Gordon Yuen
24-03-09, 23:25
Drove pass MiCasa on my way home just now...outside the showflats are platoons of agents...:scared-4: Doesn't look like from FEO.

FEO is the developer. Agents are ususally property firms such as Knight Frank, Hutton, ERA, DTz etc.

zoros
25-03-09, 06:39
Hmm..okie. Some yrs back, i heard others said that FEO is the only developer where it has its own breed of "Far East" brand agents. And they do not like to get other 3rd party agents to market their new properties. Maybe times change? :tsk-tsk:

FEO is the developer. Agents are ususally property firms such as Knight Frank, Hutton, ERA, DTz etc.

beverly
25-03-09, 09:01
Last night, the FEO agents called me, told me the launch will be thurs evening starting from 6 pm, got early bird discounts of 2-3% and asked me to take leave to join the queue as early in the morning !

About Warren .. I live in the CCK area very close to Lot one. I have seen the units at Warren, nothing to shout about, really simple in design, good for staying if you like to stay at CCK area as it is close to Lot one and MRT and also the HDB town council building where there are alot of enrichment centers such as I can Read, Maths, Tien Hsia, Ossia music school, ballet school etc.
However, price wise, can't expect Warren or Northvale to fetch good prices if you intend to sell. Northvale looks better in terms of the facade, and cheaper too. Mi Casa is about 3 min walk to Lot one, in terms of fumes, if you are buying those blocks that are going to be launched tomorrow, most of them are facing main roads, sure to get the fumes, FEO is only lauching a few blks, there are some 3+1 units that are not facing the roads.
Nevertheless, if you are not staying there for good, it might be hard to sell at a profit in future - just look at the current Warren and Northvale sellers and you will know. There is also a mosque next to Mi Casa, at the other end, near the Mi Casa carpark.

hyip68034
25-03-09, 09:13
MI CASA LAUNCHING THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please call me for more information/preview viewing.

Chris Yip - ERA

beverly
25-03-09, 10:19
The launch, according to FEO, is tomorrow Thurs 6 pm, not weekend.

jonleelk
25-03-09, 10:22
Was told thur evening soft launch only by FEO agents. Also no walk-in customers, only for those who had already submitted a blank cheque to book a soft launch appointment.

Rumour so far FEO already collected 100+ cheques liao...

beverly
25-03-09, 10:35
Coincidentally, I found out alot of my neighbors have submitted blank cheques to FEO for the soft launch. i.e. alot potential buyers all come from neighboring blocks as I was told, waiting to upgrade and most have selected 3 bedrooms, not the 3+1 or 4.

jonleelk
25-03-09, 16:33
Latet news is now there will be 2 queue for the soft launch. One for those with blank cheque, one for walk-in customers.

Knn...then submit cheque first for what :tongue3:

kal
25-03-09, 16:47
waaaa, so angry, sounds like u submitted cheque??:ashamed1:

jonleelk
25-03-09, 17:04
waaaa, so angry, sounds like u submitted cheque??:ashamed1:

:p ...

Will share more info after I go look-see-look-see tomorrow.

jonleelk
25-03-09, 22:01
FEO suddenly soft launched tonight at around 8pm. Even their own agents had to rush down at the last minute.

I also went to look see look see (yup, I among those who submitted cheque for soft launch). I would have been able to get the high floor pool view 3+1 if I wanted, but I didn't. The psf is crazy!

The first digit of the psf did not start with "6". :(

gfoo
25-03-09, 22:10

no way..... $7XXpsf - you're kidding rite? that kind of price for CCK?

shespawn
25-03-09, 22:28
FEO suddenly soft launched tonight at around 8pm. Even their own agents had to rush down at the last minute.

I also went to look see look see (yup, I among those who submitted cheque for soft launch). I would have been able to get the high floor pool view 3+1 if I wanted, but I didn't. The psf is crazy!

wah, this kind of location still dare to ask 7xx psf? just because of stocks rise news, doesn't mean everything's back to normal.

gfoo
25-03-09, 22:31
if far east really can sell the boondogs at $7XXpsf, and really has blank cheques in hand, then the singapore mass market property sector is completely bonkers. if only i can start shorting mass market mortgages like you can in the US

noblebaby
25-03-09, 22:40

what is the floor area and quantum for that 3+1?

jonleelk
25-03-09, 23:08
what is the floor area and quantum for that 3+1?

10th floor, 1281 sqft, pool-view. Soft launch price after discount $8###k.

Was told by more than one staff they already sold 20+ units (dunno which type) within the first hour. I personally seen one signing the purchase form.

schoz
25-03-09, 23:23
wah, this kind of location still dare to ask 7xx psf? just because of stocks rise news, doesn't mean everything's back to normal.

Not $6xx psf...hmm..can be $5xx psf mah..why must be 7xx psf? hehe

jonleelk
25-03-09, 23:23
10th floor, 1281 sqft, pool-view. Soft launch price after discount $8###k.

Was told by more than one staff they already sold 20+ units (dunno which type) within the first hour. I personally seen one signing the purchase form.

sorrie...typo...$8##k. Not 8 million! :scared-5:

noblebaby
25-03-09, 23:30
sorrie...typo...$8##k. Not 8 million! :scared-5:

with this price, i can buy FH...

US New Home Sales Unexpectedly Rise 4.7% (http://www.cnbc.com/id/29875711) :scared-1:

jonleelk
25-03-09, 23:37
with this price, i can buy FH...

US New Home Sales Unexpectedly Rise 4.7% (http://www.cnbc.com/id/29875711) :scared-1:

Your hair will grow even taller if u saw what was the 2nd digit of the $8##k... :mad:

noblebaby
25-03-09, 23:39
Your hair will grow even taller if u saw what was the 2nd digit of the $8##k... :mad:

can show us what is in the card?

jonleelk
25-03-09, 23:46
can show us what is in the card?

128# sq ft, $7xx psf......

+1

u bros should know what it is liao...;)

schoz
25-03-09, 23:55

+1

if feo is selling at $7xx even during soft launch. they really live up to their name..look at lakeshore..price still resilent as steel...
looking on the other side, buyers are guaranteed tat price they paid wont fall...so tats positive!

dtrax
26-03-09, 00:04
I salute FEO for their bravery

noblebaby
26-03-09, 00:05

waterfront waves is still very expensive.. bravo!

jonleelk
26-03-09, 00:12

bro...I :not-worthy: those who bought the units tonight.

Imagine. I received call at 8:18pm that sales started. I reached there at 8.45pm (I was already back home in CCK). Already 20+ units sold...

Machiam every 2 mins sold 1 unit.

Geylang OKT
26-03-09, 00:21

+1

Very good. CCK is a good residential area :D

beverly
26-03-09, 09:16
I received call last nite around 8 +, and went to the showflat around 930.
Whether or not you have blank cheque or not, you can still go in and they will assign an agent to you.

At the door step, I asked them what is the price per psf, they quote 580 psf. I suspect that is to "lure" and attract people in. When I asked them for the price of a 3+1 unit 1302 sq ft(NOt pool facing on a high floor), the agent took quite a while to get the price list ( dunno what kind of system or process they have to go through, but agents themselves got to wait too ) , after 30 - 40 mins, came back with the price list, quoting LIST price as very close to 1 million and said there is a 16% discount ! Calculated that with 16%, the psf is still about 640 psf. The higher the floor and the larger the unit, the higher the psf. I heard 2 units were sold when I reached there, saw people leaving too after seeing the price list and doing their sums.

Oh, one thing to note about the showflat - take a look at their interesting master bathroom - no bath tub, just a step down area for shower , similar to ESPA (cashew road) concept. The kitchen were fitted with Ariston oven. Yes, bay windows in all the rooms.

jonleelk
26-03-09, 10:02
Now all bros will believe the $7xx psf for 10th floor pool facing 3+1 I stated is not kidding rite. :)

Price quoted after discount was $89xxxx, and the x are not 0. After dividing, it was $71x psf.

beverly
26-03-09, 12:39
the non-pool facing unit on 12 floor for a 3+1 of 1302 sq ft is 645 psf ..
the diff in each level in the same block is 10k in terms of pricing.

beverly
26-03-09, 12:48
btw,I was looking at the past transacted price of warren and northvale which are close to Mi Casa , and the highest psf for warren is only $61x psf, and lowest for Northvale was $350 psf . I wonder if one buy Mi Casa for , say, $620 psf, can one sell without loss in 5-10 yrs time ?

kal
27-03-09, 09:24
wow, went to the showflat last nite with a fren.. the crowd was huge !!! my fren bought a mid floor 3+study unit at slightly less than $600psf after all discount.. wuld say price is ok, not too bad..At least for Mi CAsa, the liveable space is bigger proportion as only the bedrms hv tiny bay window and w/o those planters. congrats to him !

bargain hunter
27-03-09, 10:50
if feo is selling at $7xx even during soft launch. they really live up to their name..look at lakeshore..price still resilent as steel...
looking on the other side, buyers are guaranteed tat price they paid wont fall...so tats positive!

FEO always likes to quote high high price then tell u there is a super discount until 6xxpsf. I think 600psf on average will still attract buyers, similar to caspian and double bay prices recently.

bargain hunter
27-03-09, 11:04
btw,I was looking at the past transacted price of warren and northvale which are close to Mi Casa , and the highest psf for warren is only $61x psf, and lowest for Northvale was $350 psf . I wonder if one buy Mi Casa for , say, $620 psf, can one sell without loss in 5-10 yrs time ?

For Northvale, i think the cheapest 4 bedder costs 425psf so not as low as 350psf. the 300+psf units are probably super huge penthouses or ground floor units. If you assume property prices will generally trend up at some point, i guess there is a good chance that it will be above $620psf at some point during the next 10 years but not like it will be fat profits. most people are probably buying to stay.

jonleelk
27-03-09, 11:15
wow, went to the showflat last nite with a fren.. the crowd was huge !!! my fren bought a mid floor 3+study unit at slightly less than $600psf after all discount.. wuld say price is ok, not too bad..At least for Mi CAsa, the liveable space is bigger proportion as only the bedrms hv tiny bay window and w/o those planters. congrats to him !

bro, is it a 5~6th floor non-pool facing unit?

gohll
27-03-09, 13:07
I was told by agent (during the pre-soft launch presentation) that the tower with the 4 BR units will be launched only a few months later (I intend to buy to stay, not invest) and that will be their BEST tower. He said be prepared to cough up between $1m - $1.2m (after discount), which will be around $700psf. With this kind of crazy price, I might as well consider buying a freehold or landed property instead. The Mi Casa location isn't as fantastic as The Warren or Northvale. I may even buy 2nd hand from Warren or Northvale. I think Mi Casa price is too exorbitant at a time like this. I've lost interest in this totally.

jonleelk
27-03-09, 13:14
$700psf can buy beverly FH already. $1.2M also can get the 4 bedder there, if u don't mind the location.

District 21 though...

bargain hunter
27-03-09, 13:14
I was told by agent (during the pre-soft launch presentation) that the tower with the 4 BR units will be launched only a few months later (I intend to buy to stay, not invest) and that will be their BEST tower. He said be prepared to cough up between $1m - $1.2m (after discount), which will be around $700psf. With this kind of crazy price, I might as well consider buying a freehold or landed property instead. The Mi Casa location isn't as fantastic as The Warren or Northvale. I may even buy 2nd hand from Warren or Northvale. I think Mi Casa price is too exorbitant at a time like this. I've lost interest in this totally.

don't worry, far east will quote u exhorbitant price but later will tell u got discounts etc, probably will be 600+psf ultimately for the most premium so maybe just under $1m. Eg, Floridian along Bukit Timah road, when it was first launched they quoted $1700psf, now quoting $1180psf. Even then, I say that's River Valley price, not D21 price.

jonleelk
28-03-09, 02:20
Some update on the launch. Went again today, much smaller crowd today compared to the first day, even though today supposed to be the preview launch by other agents (era, hsr). So far about 40+ units sold, mainly the non-pool facing units. Lowest price at just slghtly below $580psf. Most expensive pool facing units easily $7xx psf.

Only about 5 pool facing units sold so far, out of 34 available. Mostly low floors taken. I glance 1,2,3,8 and 12 floor of stack 9 taken. Stack 10 all unsold.

beverly
30-03-09, 11:58
Hi Jonleelk

I am eyeing on Beverly for some time, however, the price quoted for a second floor 3 bedder ( size is pretty large, 1300 at least) is 740 psf. If you know of any sellers selling 700 psf, do let me know. I thought "The Beverly" location is pretty good, nested amongst the private residential area, just opp signature park (not the main entrance but it's side entrance) , and still within walking distance to the amenities. FH and private lift.

Mi Casa - I believe the price for a 600 psf and above starts from 6th floor above, non pool facing. There are 4th bedders which comes with open terrace ( not live in space ). My neighbor paid 860k for a 3 bedder ( no study rm) on the 16th floor and thinks there is a chance to flip in the near future. I doubt so. For Northvale, if you look at URA website for recent transaction, a large unit of 2700 sq feet was transacted at 350 psf.
Could be the penthouse with the open terrace too, non live in space.

jonleelk
30-03-09, 13:33
Hi Jonleelk

I am eyeing on Beverly for some time, however, the price quoted for a second floor 3 bedder ( size is pretty large, 1300 at least) is 740 psf. If you know of any sellers selling 700 psf, do let me know. I thought "The Beverly" location is pretty good, nested amongst the private residential area, just opp signature park (not the main entrance but it's side entrance) , and still within walking distance to the amenities. FH and private lift.

Mi Casa - I believe the price for a 600 psf and above starts from 6th floor above, non pool facing. There are 4th bedders which comes with open terrace ( not live in space ). My neighbor paid 860k for a 3 bedder ( no study rm) on the 16th floor and thinks there is a chance to flip in the near future. I doubt so. For Northvale, if you look at URA website for recent transaction, a large unit of 2700 sq feet was transacted at 350 psf.
Could be the penthouse with the open terrace too, non live in space.

When I was at Beverly showflat 2 weeks ago, the west facing 3-bedders were $700psf, the "triangular" north facing 3 bedders were $720psf. Hm...or maybe it was $720psf and $740psf. I can only be 100% sure the difference is $20psf for the better north facing units. Did not ask too much as pesonally I don't quite fancy the triangular layout and the orientation of the units.

Mi Casa has so far sold 90+ units :scared-5: . FEO has released tower B3 for sale (all non-pool facing again). :doh:

Geylang OKT
30-03-09, 14:27
When I was at Beverly showflat 2 weeks ago, the west facing 3-bedders were $700psf, the "triangular" north facing 3 bedders were $720psf. Hm...or maybe it was $720psf and $740psf. I can only be 100% sure the difference is $20psf for the better north facing units. Did not ask too much as pesonally I don't quite fancy the triangular layout and the orientation of the units.

Mi Casa has so far sold 90+ units :scared-5: . FEO has released tower B3 for sale (all non-pool facing again). :doh:

Why you want pool facing?? Noisy and for low floors got barbeque smoke ;)

jonleelk
30-03-09, 16:00
Why you want pool facing?? Noisy and for low floors got barbeque smoke ;)

So can beo ur avatar sun tanning? :ashamed1:

That's why only considering 10 floor and above pool facing units. :D

ahlahdin
30-03-09, 23:59
Far East Organisation sees strong sales for Mi Casa project30 March 2009 2220 hrs (SST) 1420 hrs (GMT)
SINGAPORE: Developer Far East Organisation said its new private residential project Mi Casa at Choa Chu Kang has seen brisk sales during a preview over the weekend.

Far East said 97 of the 123 units released were snapped up even before the development was officially launched.

Mi Casa – Spanish for "My Home" – comprises a total of 457 units at an average price of S$625 per square foot.

Far East Organisation said 80 per cent of Mi Casa buyers are those upgrading from public housing flats.

About 9 per cent of the buyers are Chinese nationals and permanent residents, with another 3 per cent from Malaysia.

The units that were sold include 2- and 3-bedroom apartments, as well as those that come with an extra study room.

The developer said there are also 4-bedroom units which have yet to be launched.

Mi Casa will be officially launched on April 10. Far East Organisation said buyers will enjoy an early bird discount from now till the official launch date.

- CNA/so

zoros
31-03-09, 09:04
One of the main selling factors is due to its very close proximity to CCK MRT/Bus Interchange and LOT 1/shops, and yet again is beside a park. :)

Nowadays, major selling factor for pte condos is the locality and no longer the past preferences like whether it's a 999 or 99 LHs.

Far East Organisation sees strong sales for Mi Casa project30 March 2009 2220 hrs (SST) 1420 hrs (GMT)
SINGAPORE: Developer Far East Organisation said its new private residential project Mi Casa at Choa Chu Kang has seen brisk sales during a preview over the weekend.

Far East said 97 of the 123 units released were snapped up even before the development was officially launched.

Mi Casa – Spanish for "My Home" – comprises a total of 457 units at an average price of S$625 per square foot.

Far East Organisation said 80 per cent of Mi Casa buyers are those upgrading from public housing flats.

About 9 per cent of the buyers are Chinese nationals and permanent residents, with another 3 per cent from Malaysia.

The units that were sold include 2- and 3-bedroom apartments, as well as those that come with an extra study room.

The developer said there are also 4-bedroom units which have yet to be launched.

Mi Casa will be officially launched on April 10. Far East Organisation said buyers will enjoy an early bird discount from now till the official launch date.

- CNA/so

jonleelk
31-03-09, 09:11
One of the main selling factors is due to its very close proximity to CCK MRT/Bus Interchange and LOT 1/shops, and yet again is beside a park. :)

Nowadays, major selling factor for pte condos is the locality and no longer the past preferences like whether it's a 999 or 99 LHs.

ya lor...exactly what the FEO agent keeps telling me to justify the higher than norm psf price of Mi Casa... :banghead:

zoros
31-03-09, 09:39
ya lor...exactly what the FEO agent keeps telling me to justify the higher than norm psf price of Mi Casa... :banghead:

Basically, any condo very near to those shopping and transport amenities will always have a better Tenant Market on top of Owners' Stay as Tenants normally do not drive, i.e. near to MRT/Buses are a plus to them.

With Mi Casa being futher away but yet rather a good sell even at ard $610psf on average, we can expect other better-built nearby Condos (in better location) like The Warren to rise in terms of resale psf in the next few months or so.

beverly
31-03-09, 13:42
With recession, is it possible for price to rise ? When I look around the property recently, there is hardly any significant drop in psf price , except for those properties in the prime areas that goes for 1600 psf and dropped to 1200 psf. Pte condos at the heartland area are still asking for the same price as before.

noblebaby
31-03-09, 13:49
With recession, is it possible for price to rise ? When I look around the property recently, there is hardly any significant drop in psf price , except for those properties in the prime areas that goes for 1600 psf and dropped to 1200 psf. Pte condos at the heartland area are still asking for the same price as before.

March 31 (Bloomberg) -- Home prices in Hong Kong, where luxury residences are Asia’s second-most expensive, rose 5.5 percent in the first quarter from the end of 2008, according to a report by Centaline Property Agency Ltd (http://www.centanet.com/). :eek:

jonleelk
31-03-09, 15:07

Heartland area typically attracts HDB upgraders with savings who like to stay within the area which they are currently at (like me). Thus the demand is always there. Also, quite a few have been holding back last year because of the boom (like me again). :)

Prime areas attract mainly the upper class who buy more for investment, who mostly would have been hit by the current financial crunch. Thus the demand would be less.

Seems like boom or no boom, no time is a good time for HDB upgraders. :(

mr funny
31-03-09, 18:49
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/suite/story/0,4574,326100,00.html?

Published March 31, 2009

Far East sells 97 units of Mi Casa over past week

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

(SINGAPORE) Here's yet more evidence that there's still demand for attractively priced condos in the mass-market segment. Property tycoon Ng Teng Fong's Far East Organization has sold 97 units at its Mi Casa condo near Choa Chu Kang MRT Station since it began sales last week.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2009-03-31/BT_IMAGES_KRMICASA31.jpg
Mi Casa: Located near Choa Chu Kang MRT Station, the 457-unit 99-year leasehold condo has an average price of $625 psf. Buyers who wish to opt for an interest absorption scheme will have to pay 3% more

The 99-year leasehold condo has an average price of $625 per square foot. Buyers who wish to opt for an interest absorption scheme will have to pay 3 per cent more.

The 457-unit condo is being developed on a plot along Choa Chu Kang Drive which is diagonally opposite Lot One mall.

In a news release last night, Far East said Mi Casa is the first new private condo project in the Choa Chu Kang town centre in eight years and offers an 'attractive value proposition' to HDB upgraders and private home owners in the area.

Upgraders accounted for 80 per cent of Mi Casa's buyers. A number of buyers also own landed homes in the area and bought units at Mi Casa for investment and for their children, according to Far East. Mi Casa also drew some foreign buyers (such as China nationals and Malaysians).

Far East Organization unit Tian Hock Properties bought the Mi Casa site at a state tender in May last year for $116.01 million or $203 per square foot per plot ratio.

Over at the Balestier Road area, City Developments is understood to have sold another 30 units between Friday and Sunday at The Arte at Thomson freehold condo.

This brings total sales in the project to nearly 90 units. The 336-unit project, which will comprise two 36-storey blocks, is being offered at an average sellling price of about $880-890 psf.

At Somerville Road, boutique developer HLH Group has sold eight of the total 25 units at its D'Almira condo since it began previews three weeks ago.

The average price of the five-storey freehold apartment development is about $750 psf, says ERA divisional director Andrew Soh, who is marketing the project.

HLH is not offering any interest absorption scheme; buyers will have to make normal progress payments on their units when they are billed by the developer, in accordance with the stage of construction.

In the River Valley area, Fortune group sold another five units last week at The Mercury in Shanghai Road. The average price for the freehold project is '$1,200 psf plus', according to Fortune Development general manager Victor Soh.

Interest absorption scheme is available to buyers in exchange for a 3 per cent premium. To date, 64 of the total 67 units in the project have been sold.

beverly
31-03-09, 23:25
Heartland area typically attracts HDB upgraders with savings who like to stay within the area which they are currently at (like me). Thus the demand is always there. Also, quite a few have been holding back last year because of the boom (like me again). :)

Prime areas attract mainly the upper class who buy more for investment, who mostly would have been hit by the current financial crunch. Thus the demand would be less.

Seems like boom or no boom, no time is a good time for HDB upgraders. :(

Jonleelk, we stay at the same area .. but I will have to move soon, or in 2 yrs time ( can still wait ) , to be nearer to the school. Guess I will miss the convenience of Lot One, the 24hour kopi-tiam near the interchange etc.

zoros
31-03-09, 23:42
Hi beverly

A similar matter of concern where I would need to consider too in 3 yrs time. Which school are you considering to move nearer for your kid/s? Thanks!

Jonleelk, we stay at the same area .. but I will have to move soon, or in 2 yrs time ( can still wait ) , to be nearer to the school. Guess I will miss the convenience of Lot One, the 24hour kopi-tiam near the interchange etc.

beverly
01-04-09, 10:03
Hi beverly

A similar matter of concern where I would need to consider too in 3 yrs time. Which school are you considering to move nearer for your kid/s? Thanks!

The school thingy has been firmed up since we are alumni .. Bt Timah area. Hence I am looking at properties in that area, and was eyeing on the beverly condo.

jonleelk
01-04-09, 10:12
Bro beverly and zoros...I exactly the opposite. My kid now P2 in CCK Primary School. Within walking distance to my ave 3 flat. If I move from now till 2013, it has to be within CCK area. To move to any other area has to be 2014 or later.

CCK got 3 good primary schools that normally need to ballot.

De La Salle School (0.47 km from Yew Tee Residence, 0.94km from The Warren)
South View Primary School (0.34 km from Palm Gardens, 0.35 km from MiCasa, 0.72km from The Warren)
CCK Primary School (0.57 km from Palm Gardens, 0.65 km from MiCasa)

beverly
01-04-09, 10:17
Bro beverly and zoros...I exactly the opposite. My kid now P2 in CCK Primary School. Within walking distance to my ave 3 flat. If I move from now till 2013, it has to be within CCK area. To move to any other area has to be 2014 or later.

South View Primary School (0.34 km from Palm Gardens, 0.35 km from MiCasa, 0.72km from The Warren)

Bro, call me sister .. am a lady :)

I think Southview is the most popular in CCK. Am sending my kids to school in BT since that is the easiest and most hassle free way for us. Need to move closer for convenience, with the CCAs and after school activities ..

jonleelk
01-04-09, 10:32
The school thingy has been firmed up since we are alumni .. Bt Timah area. Hence I am looking at properties in that area, and was eyeing on the beverly condo.

Alumi...swee...no need to be volunteers.

Beverly still selling at launch price (the agent that I was seeing The Warren last night just happen to be the same agent who served me when I went to Beverly show flat). However, IIRC, Beverly will not TOP in 2 yrs time.

2011 TOP will be Jardin. I quite like that development but super $$$ at $1350 psf (though likely can get discount).

jonleelk
01-04-09, 10:40
Bro, call me sister .. am a lady :)

I think Southview is the most popular in CCK. Am sending my kids to school in BT since that is the easiest and most hassle free way for us. Need to move closer for convenience, with the CCAs and after school activities ..

Waiting list for De La Salle School is usually longer the Southview...though in terms of PSLE results, Southview was better last year. I have an old classmate who is teaching in Southview who told me this. :)

And sorry sis. Paiseh. :p Which school in BT u sending ur kids?

beverly
01-04-09, 12:09
Alumi...swee...no need to be volunteers.

Beverly still selling at launch price (the agent that I was seeing The Warren last night just happen to be the same agent who served me when I went to Beverly show flat). However, IIRC, Beverly will not TOP in 2 yrs time.

2011 TOP will be Jardin. I quite like that development but super $$$ at $1350 psf (though likely can get discount).

Jardin and Floridian too ex, prefer Floridian to Jardin cos Jardin is by the main road, and towered over by the taller GardenVista building. Beverly is cheaper, but their 3 bedder sizes are relatively huge . I have seen High Oaks and HighGate which is near Beverly, all less than 700 psf, but HighOaks is 99 yr

beverly
01-04-09, 12:30

Palm Garden's facade looks good after all these years .. but
didn't like the big thai temple next to it. The penthouses looks nice too.
Distance wise, not as ideal as The Warren, NorthVale or MiCasa.
MiCasa looks just like La Casa at Woodlands, even the FEO agents said so.
MiCasa will be good for staying, but not so for investments I think nor flipping. Then again, with that price of >$800k for a high floor 3 bedder ,
I think perhaps one can consider to get one at District 21 or elsewhere which the value may appreciates better in the future .. ?
I doubt Beverly construction can start soon since they have sold none when launched ,and managed to sell a few in Mar .. if it touches 700 psf I will prob buy it as I think the surrounding is quiet and surrounded by greenery, walking distance to toh yi amenities and is FH with private lifts.

zoros
01-04-09, 14:14
Hi all

I'm one of the Warren folks & is the 1st generation since TOP.

Eversince I have a gal, I was trying to figure out which primary school to enrol. As Beverly pointed out, there are only abt 2 better schools within 1km vicinity of CCK central, i.e. De La Salle and Southview.

Since we touched on the Primary School issue, anyone has any comment on CHIJ Bt Timah, the one next to Boys Town and Esta Condo? Was thinking that at least it is a mission school and pure gals, so the chance should be higher to enrol if i move to Cashew or Hillview some yrs to now?

If i move out of Warren, intend to either rent or sell off since agents all said Warren is the most marketable condo in CCK/Yew Tee area due to location and quality of building.

Any comment is welcome! Thanks.

Palm Garden's facade looks good after all these years .. but
didn't like the big thai temple next to it. The penthouses looks nice too.
Distance wise, not as ideal as The Warren, NorthVale or MiCasa.
MiCasa looks just like La Casa at Woodlands, even the FEO agents said so.
MiCasa will be good for staying, but not so for investments I think nor flipping. Then again, with that price of >$800k for a high floor 3 bedder ,
I think perhaps one can consider to get one at District 21 or elsewhere which the value may appreciates better in the future .. ?
I doubt Beverly construction can start soon since they have sold none when launched ,and managed to sell a few in Mar .. if it touches 700 psf I will prob buy it as I think the surrounding is quiet and surrounded by greenery, walking distance to toh yi amenities and is FH with private lifts.

beverly
01-04-09, 15:20
Hi all

I'm one of the Warren folks & is the 1st generation since TOP.

Eversince I have a gal, I was trying to figure out which primary school to enrol. As Beverly pointed out, there are only abt 2 better schools within 1km vicinity of CCK central, i.e. De La Salle and Southview.

Since we touched on the Primary School issue, anyone has any comment on CHIJ Bt Timah, the one next to Boys Town and Esta Condo? Was thinking that at least it is a mission school and pure gals, so the chance should be higher to enrol if i move to Cashew or Hillview some yrs to now?

If i move out of Warren, intend to either rent or sell off since agents all said Warren is the most marketable condo in CCK/Yew Tee area due to location and quality of building.

Any comment is welcome! Thanks.

CHIJ BT - have you seen ESPA ? It's next to Assumption, very near IJ.
Since it is all gals school, your chance of getting in is doubled in the sense that no competition from boys.

zoros
01-04-09, 16:15
CHIJ BT - have you seen ESPA ? It's next to Assumption, very near IJ.
Since it is all gals school, your chance of getting in is doubled in the sense that no competition from boys.

There are many CHIJ schools ard like Katong, Toa Payoh, BT and etc.. Just wondering is CHIJ (BT) one of the worst or? Just happen it is around CCK area.

beverly
01-04-09, 16:30
I was from IJ,Katong branch .. one of the worst in my opinion.
The CHIJ BT used to be located at Jln Jurong Kechil area, near Jln Rajawali, should be the better one .

zoros
01-04-09, 16:56
I was from IJ,Katong branch .. one of the worst in my opinion.
The CHIJ BT used to be located at Jln Jurong Kechil area, near Jln Rajawali, should be the better one .

Thanks Miss. Just that cos CHIJ BT now is just located BESIDE the BOYS TOWN...which is unexpected, and wondering whether the standard will drop?

beverly
01-04-09, 22:23
Thanks Miss. Just that cos CHIJ BT now is just located BESIDE the BOYS TOWN...which is unexpected, and wondering whether the standard will drop?

I have friends who are sending their gals to CHIJ BT next year .. should be ok .. IJs at BT and TP are the better ones from what I know. Also, you may want to try St Anthony's at Bt Batok, but heard that it is now a mixed school , not all gals school.

beverly
01-04-09, 22:51
Just to share with you some of the condos and showflat that I have visited :

I have been to ESPA showflat a year ago, marketed by KF.
sad to say, the layout was not impressive at all, for a 3 bedder, the master bed room is at one end (after the kitchen area, next to maid's area/bomb shelter) , and the other 2 rooms are at the other far end next to living room. Also, the bath-tub , or should I say, the lack of a conventional long bath tub .. similar to MiCasa, it is a step down into a rectangular area as a shower area. Whilst I was at MiCasa, when I saw that kind of bath tub, I can still hear people whispering that maybe FEO did not have time to install the long bath tub yet .. the incomplete look.
ESPA was going for >800k for a 3 bedder on the second floor back then.
The facade looks pretty nice ..

When to Linear showflat too around the same time, I must say that Linear's layout is good, squarish, and the master bedroom toilet is fantastic too, with black granite top and within the master bathroom itself, there are built in full length "wardrobe" , spacious too. There is also a roof top pool. However, the facade is not exactly appealing, and the front facing ones faces the main road where heavy vehicles passes by often, and the back facing ones face the school ( but not that close ) .
Price wise, back then, around 650k for a 3 bedder.

Resale unit at The Jade (Bt Batok) - so cramped . The balcony looks good from the outside, but within the unit, I find that it may be a waste of space. Kitche looks dark and small. Asking price was pretty high > 700k back then. However, the plus point is its proximity to the MRT, in fact , one of the side gates is just a few steps walk from the MRT.

Resale units at The Madeira (Bt Batok)- The penthouses looks really good from outside. Didn't fancy the units where the master toilet faces the master bedroom door. Price wise, 650K for a 3 bedder to 780k, depending on the floor level. The facilities within the compound looks good and is spacious.

Resale units at HighGate (Toh Tuck) - very good layout, there is proper maid's room, not bomb shelter, and the maid's room is of decent size.
The corridor between units are very very spacious. Quiet and serene.
Asking price was a high 800k for a 3 bedder ( various sizes ) in 2008.
However, I find that it is too deep in and far from the main road, and there are no side gates .

Resale units at HighOaks (Toh Tuck) - very nice facade, lots of water features, very balinese resort feel. Every unit is different, and rooms are all of different sizes, layout is not ideal. The kitchen is way too dark and small , and somehow the kitchen ceiling seems to be lower than the other areas of the house too. Asking price was between 650k - 900k for a 3 bedder , depending on size. Some of the ground floor units comes with a small patio, and garden, some comes with private parking lots (1600 sq ft)

Resale unit at Palm Residences along Jln Rajawali - this is a small development, the unit that I visited was asking for 620k for a 1200 sq ft 3 bedder, FH. The layout was the shape of a hexagon, lots of wastage.

Meadowlodge at Chun Tin - meditteranean theme, but not the replica of La Casa ala MiCasa. 67 units, good squarish layout, however, next to a temple. 99 yr and the maintenance fee is $400, not much facilities to speak of, just a lap pool, a smaller pool, a small playground and a few bbq pits

RainTree - The showflat was nice .. I find it is way too deep in, at the foot of bt timah hill. Saw lots of monkeys around that area .

jonleelk
02-04-09, 01:11
Woah sis, what a summary. :cheers5:

The "missing" longbath from FEO is supposed to be their speciality - sunken roman bath as they call it. Actually, both wifely and me quite like that. :)

FEO's layout is very nice. Squarish and good use of space. I was quite surprised when I visited Jardin 2+1 showflat and the FEO agent told me it was only 1098 sqft. Didn't feel cramp at all. Same feeling when visiting Mi Casa showflat. Unfortunately, Mi Casa's finishing is a bit cheapscape for the price they are asking :mad: . Living room is "marble lookalike" homogeneous. Kitchen's homogeneous looks lagi cheaper. :banghead: Wardrobe can accept. :)

Comparing to FEO's layout, The Warren's unit felt very cramp (sorrie zoros :ashamed1: ). Wifely and myself both felt our current ave 3 surrounding more homely than The Warren.

Mi Casa's 3rd floor pool facing 4-bedder is currently selling for $666+psf. $9##k for the 1356 sqft unit. :scared-1:

orange
02-04-09, 02:11
I used to have a gf from KC. omg was she hot in bed. and all her friends from KC were damn slutty too! slurp!! KC gals are the best

orange
02-04-09, 02:25
Man, those upgraders are really suaku. FEO did not have time to install bath tub? That is a sunken bath tub lah... boutique condos had it since 2003.

zoros
02-04-09, 09:03
Hi jonleelk

No worries. Warren has different layouts for the normal 3 bedroom unit. I think the 3 bedroom unit where you viewed could be those < 1200 sqft unit. My is the largest size 3 bedroom unit @ > 1300 sqft.

For me, convenienece is very important as both my mum and mum-in-law do take turns to take care my kid, i.e. near to MRT/Shopping area is utmost importance.

As my kid grows older, I would need to consider rent out my Warren, and find another home where it is within 1 km from a school like CHIJ (BT) or MGS.

Every home buyer has different requirement (thruout their family life stages) when come to select which condo project to stay in.

Just my take.

The "missing" longbath from FEO is supposed to be their speciality - sunken roman bath as they call it. Actually, both wifely and me quite like that. :)

FEO's layout is very nice. Squarish and good use of space. I was quite surprised when I visited Jardin 2+1 showflat and the FEO agent told me it was only 1098 sqft. Didn't feel cramp at all. Same feeling when visiting Mi Casa showflat. Unfortunately, Mi Casa's finishing is a bit cheapscape for the price they are asking :mad: . Living room is "marble lookalike" homogeneous. Kitchen's homogeneous looks lagi cheaper. :banghead: Wardrobe can accept. :)

Comparing to FEO's layout, The Warren's unit felt very cramp (sorrie zoros :ashamed1: ). Wifely and myself both felt our current ave 3 surrounding more homely than The Warren.

Mi Casa's 3rd floor pool facing 4-bedder is currently selling for $666+psf. $9##k for the 1356 sqft unit. :scared-1:

jonleelk
02-04-09, 09:14
Hi jonleelk

No worries. Warren has different layouts for the normal 3 bedroom unit. I think the 3 bedroom unit where you viewed could be those < 1200 sqft unit. My is the largest size 3 bedroom unit @ > 1300 sqft.

For me, convenienece is very important as both my mum and mum-in-law do take turns to take care my kid, i.e. near to MRT/Shopping area is utmost importance.

As my kid grows older, I would need to consider rent out my Warren, and find another home where it is within 1 km from a school like CHIJ (BT) or MGS.

Every home buyer has different requirement (thruout their family life stages) when come to select which condo project to stay in.

Just my take.

yup bro...the 3 bedders which i viewed in The Warren are the smaller units at 1238sqft. Good for u to rent out The Warren as the rental it commands is quite attractive due to its locality to the MRT/interchange. U can then move to somewhere in BT/Hillview where it is more quiet to enjoy a different lifestyle. :cheers4:

beverly
02-04-09, 10:30
yup bro...the 3 bedders which i viewed in The Warren are the smaller units at 1238sqft. Good for u to rent out The Warren as the rental it commands is quite attractive due to its locality to the MRT/interchange. U can then move to somewhere in BT/Hillview where it is more quiet to enjoy a different lifestyle. :cheers4:

Jardin is altogether a diff league from MiCasa, quality finishing too .. you are rite bro, micasa a bit cheap skate in terms of quality. Looks like Jardin price has dropped .. but still high ..

Zoros, I studied in IJ Sec, I think the primary school standard should be ok, though I wasn't a pri sch student in IJ. BT should be good , just like TP.

beverly
02-04-09, 10:42

Bro, More than 900K for a 3rd floor pool facing unit ?! Woah, that's alot. A 3+1 is 1259 sq ft, a 3 bedder is 1200, and a 4 bedder is 1356, so it's about another 50 sq ft more for additional room.

I like the Floridian, again by FEO, quality is pretty good. Price still >1000 psf.

Zoros, you are rite, diff stages with diff considerations .. which is why I also thought about secondary schools for the kids .. should be around/near the pri school too, as moving house is a big project, quite a bit of hassle packing and unpacking, and whatsmore with kids, their whole truck load of toys, books etc.

zoros
02-04-09, 10:48
Jardin is altogether a diff league from MiCasa, quality finishing too .. you are rite bro, micasa a bit cheap skate in terms of quality. Looks like Jardin price has dropped .. but still high ..

Zoros, I studied in IJ Sec, I think the primary school standard should be ok, though I wasn't a pri sch student in IJ. BT should be good , just like TP.

Beverly, I would think u can consider places like dairy fairm and Hazel Park. Future DT MRT line is beside them. The only negative part is, u ve to have a car for these few yrs before the DT MRT line is ready. ;)

beverly
02-04-09, 10:52
Beverly, I would think u can consider places like dairy fairm and Hazel Park. Future DT MRT line is beside them. The only negative part is, u ve to have a car for these few yrs before the DT MRT line is ready. ;)

Dairy Farm - Nice big units .. Hazel Park - didn't like the facade. We have a car , but I have no driver's license :doh:

Priority is still proximity to pri school, there is a MRT (DT line) at BT close to the pri school too, and I prefer new developments than resale if I can buy one that fits my budget. So far, The Beverly is one of them

jonleelk
02-04-09, 10:55
Br .. which is why I also thought about secondary schools for the kids .. should be around/near the pri school too, as moving house is a big project, quite a bit of hassle packing and unpacking, and whatsmore with kids, their whole truck load of toys, books etc.

Sis, when it comes to sec school, we will not have any control over our kids liao. Most of the time they will want to go to a sec school where majority of their friends are going.

By that time, leave it to them to take care of themselve lor. ;)

beverly
02-04-09, 11:32
Sis, when it comes to sec school, we will not have any control over our kids liao. Most of the time they will want to go to a sec school where majority of their friends are going.

By that time, leave it to them to take care of themselve lor. ;)

True .. I presume that their pri sch friends all stay around that area so prob majority will want to select sec schools near that area too .. anyway, it also depends on their PSLE results too.

dragon
02-04-09, 16:02
Dairy Farm - Nice big units .. Hazel Park - didn't like the facade. We have a car , but I have no driver's license :doh:

Priority is still proximity to pri school, there is a MRT (DT line) at BT close to the pri school too, and I prefer new developments than resale if I can buy one that fits my budget. So far, The Beverly is one of them

hi beverly,

have you ever consider Cashew Height, just next to Bukit Panjang Primary School, the price is attractive and has huge en-bloc potential (when MRT is up).
:)

beverly
02-04-09, 21:22
hi beverly,

have you ever consider Cashew Height, just next to Bukit Panjang Primary School, the price is attractive and has huge en-bloc potential (when MRT is up).

Hi Dragon,

How much psf for Cashew Height ? But it's a little far from my kids' school .. Are there en-bloc negotiations going on yet ?

vale
03-04-09, 00:36
Hi Dragon,

How much psf for Cashew Height ? But it's a little far from my kids' school .. Are there en-bloc negotiations going on yet ?

What abt Maysprings ? Near amenities and future MRT stn, and also near CHIJ BT. Price-wise, slightly higher than Northvale. TOP almost same time as Northvale.

zoros
03-04-09, 05:12
What abt Maysprings ? Near amenities and future MRT stn, and also near CHIJ BT. Price-wise, slightly higher than Northvale. TOP almost same time as Northvale.

Maysprings in exterior-wise is very plain and vanilla in color, on some angles, it looked like those better-design hdb flats. It is as old as Northvale thou both are located near MRT/Amenities.

And Maysprings is famous for being a hot "tenant market" area, i.e. there could be more tenanted units than owner-stayed units at any one time. The carpark is not entirely basement unlike the Warren.

beverly
03-04-09, 09:17
Maysprings in exterior-wise is very plain and vanilla in color, on some angles, it looked like those better-design hdb flats. It is as old as Northvale thou both are located near MRT/Amenities.

And Maysprings is famous for being a hot "tenant market" area, i.e. there could be more tenanted units than owner-stayed units at any one time. The carpark is not entirely basement unlike the Warren.

I heard that Maysprings is popular among the Koreans.

zoros
03-04-09, 09:37
I heard that Maysprings is popular among the Koreans.

Indeed..very popular among koreans and philippinos. Agents told me as I once thought of buying a Maysprings unit for rental purpose.

Anyway, Maysprings is further to Bt Panjang Mall when compared to Northvale. And for now, any pple over there still need to take LRT to CCK MRT for subsequent travel.

So if choose Northvale and Maysprings, I would choose Northvale, more convenient, same price, beside a town park which has a Malay Rest, and nearer to amenities than Maysprings.

beverly
03-04-09, 09:43
Indeed..very popular among koreans and philippinos. Agents told me as I once thought of buying a Maysprings unit for rental purpose.

Anyway, Maysprings is further to Bt Panjang Mall when compared to Northvale. And for now, any pple over there still need to take LRT to CCK MRT for subsequent travel.

So if choose Northvale and Maysprings, I would choose Northvale, more convenient, same price, beside a town park which has a Malay Rest, and nearer to amenities than Maysprings.

Zoros, actually I do appreciate the convenience of staying near Lot one CCK - there is a PD at the hong kah town council building next to Lot one, enrichment classes in the same building ( ICanRead program, Tien Hsia, KR tutors, Ossia music school, ballet etc) , 24hr kopitiam opp Warren, 5 GP clinics in that area , 2 dental clinics, and of course the Lot one mall is better than before now with more new tenants ..NTUC, Popular bookstore, Library etc . just too bad that I have to move in the near future to be closer to school for convenience. Am sure I will miss these amenities .

dragon
03-04-09, 10:15
Hi Dragon,

The psf is around 500. En-bloc not in near future due to the current crisis, but once the MRT is up (less than 5min walk), i'm sure it will attract developer interest.

The chance is high due to the increase in plot-ratio for Cashew Height from 1.05 to 2.1. Once MRT is up, Gov is likely to raise its plot-ratio again :) :)

Geylang OKT
04-04-09, 06:54

Ugh! Please.... not that devt. Next to nowhere, irregular shaped units and not so transport friendly (who wants to take the LRT and then MRT again?) Also, do you know rentals there in late 2005 were just $1200-$1400 for a 3 bedroom unit there? And my my... look at the rentals and selling prices there now :scared-1:

Geylang OKT
04-04-09, 06:57

The best tenants for a mass market devt would be the filipinos. They are clean, tidy and responsible. :D

zoros
06-04-09, 11:19
Hi

Just an update!

Som interesting development on CCK Condos ard MRT/Lot 1.

Went to take a quick look on Mi Casa on Sunday. Was told that average psf now is $650 for a 3 bedder unit. And then Sunday evening, a HSR agent called me up asking me whether to sell off Warren unit as quite a no. of initial MI CASA buyers have spilled over to WARREN as they found MI CASA's prices have edged up.

Also just happen that my Warren fren has UP his asking price too since after a hot fever at Mi Casa.

beverly
06-04-09, 11:32
Hi

Just an update!

Went to take a quick look on Mi Casa on Sunday. Was told that average psf now is $650 for a 3 bedder unit. And then Sunday evening, a HSR agent called me up asking me whether to sell off Warren unit as quite a no. of initial MI CASA buyers have spilled over to WARREN as they found MI CASA's prices have edged up.

Also just happen that my Warren fren has UP his asking price too since after a hot fever at Mi Casa.

So looks like prices of Warren could possible go up due to the exhorbitant pricing of Mi Casa .. ?

zoros
06-04-09, 12:01
So looks like prices of Warren could possible go up due to the exhorbitant pricing of Mi Casa .. ?

Basically IMO, MI CASA is smart in its pricing taking advantage that CCK area has no new CONDO project since after WARREN for so many years.

Unlike Jurong West area where there are a lot of competing unoccupied condo units around Lakeside area, CCK has no such problem at all, i.e. DEMAND is far > than SUPPLY for pple who appreciate CCK area. As i always said, CCK is not within the industrial belt (unlike Lakeside) as it is a residential belt which can be family-friendly considering CCK is just beside the increasingly popular LCK area where family-themed eco-farms are located in. Do note the Zoo/Nite Safari and JB are nearby too..with KJE serving both Causeway and 2nd Link!

For me as a parent, the only noticeable thing is the lack of good primary schools..esp. those either pure gals and/or pure boys type.

jonleelk
06-04-09, 12:05

Warren owners oledy up their price to $600psf last week liao. Good for existing Warren owners...immediately benefited from Mi Casa. Mi Casa 3 bedder 11th floor facing HDB will be ~$650psf...thus can say is average as the blocks facing HDB are 20 stories high.

Thus, $600psf buy Mi Casa see HDB flats...buy Warren pool view.

I have more or less given up on Mi Casa liao. Unattractive pricing is one thing...the whole development does not have a single unit in N-S orientation (need one for my "wind-water" ;) )

jonleelk
06-04-09, 12:09
Basically IMO, MI CASA is smart in its pricing taking advantage that CCK area has no new CONDO project since after WARREN for so many years.

Unlike Jurong West area where there are a lot of competing unoccupied condo units around Lakeside area, CCK has no such problem at all, i.e. DEMAND is far > than SUPPLY for pple who appreciate CCK area. As i always said, CCK is not within the industrial belt (unlike Lakeside) as it is a residential belt which can be family-friendly considering CCK is just beside the increasingly popular LCK area where family-themed eco-farms are located in. Do note the Zoo/Nite Safari and JB are nearby too..with KJE serving both Causeway and 2nd Link!

For me as a parent, the only noticeable thing is the lack of good primary schools..esp. those either pure gals and/or pure boys type.

Yesterdat's news...FEO COO say Mi Casa is only FEO "entry level" development...:hell-hath-no-fury: While, the good sale of Mi Casa so far proof that FEO is right...:mad:

proud owner
06-04-09, 12:10
Warren owners oledy up their price to $600psf last week liao. Good for existing Warren owners...immediately benefited from Mi Casa. Mi Casa 3 bedder 11th floor facing HDB will be ~$650psf...thus can say is average as the blocks facing HDB are 20 stories high.

I have more or less given up on Mi Casa liao. Unattractive pricing is one thing...the whole development does not have a single unit in N-S orientation (need one for my "wind-water" ;) )

why dont buy Windermere or Yew Mei Green .. short walk to Yew tee station ... facing greenery too ... latest transaction 450-470 psf ... if you are buying to stay .. why pay 600 psf ? when its 1 MRT station away ?

beverly
06-04-09, 12:27
Yesterdat's news...FEO COO say Mi Casa is only FEO "entry level" development...:hell-hath-no-fury: While, the good sale of Mi Casa so far proof that FEO is right...:mad:

The MiCasa N-S unit on 12 floor facing park ( not pool facing ) 3+1 is already $645 psf ..
Facing HDB ones are those near the main road I suppose ..

Zoros, the nearest pure gals school for your gal will be BT IJ .. but do consider if you are planning to have another kid, cos if the eldest ( I suppose your eldest is a gal ) is going to a mixed school, then no problem for your second or subsequent kids to enter. The other one you might want to consider is St Anthony's convent at Bt Batok ( it is mixed, not gals school ) .

beverly
06-04-09, 12:32

Bro, I think they do have N-S facing. At least that was what we were told during the soft launch.

My neighbor paid 860k for a 3 bedder 1259 sq ft. Her jaws dropped when I told her just a pay a bit more can get a D21 unit .. she thought she is able to flip her MiCasa unit, also , she didn't do her homework on the average price of Warren and Northvale before she buy .. thinking that 650 psf was cheap.

proud owner
06-04-09, 12:36
The MiCasa N-S unit on 12 floor facing park ( not pool facing ) 3+1 is already $645 psf ..
Facing HDB ones are those near the main road I suppose ..

Zoros, the nearest pure gals school for your gal will be BT IJ .. but do consider if you are planning to have another kid, cos if the eldest ( I suppose your eldest is a gal ) is going to a mixed school, then no problem for your second or subsequent kids to enter. The other one you might want to consider is St Anthony's convent at Bt Batok ( it is mixed, not gals school ) .

Beverly

i realise you are looking further and further .. you started with those condos opposite King albert park macdonalds ... now move to CCK ? warren that side ?

like that very hard to find anything ... so zero in ONE location and look there .. even within crap projects there are good units ...

jonleelk
06-04-09, 13:04
Bro, I think they do have N-S facing. At least that was what we were told during the soft launch.

Property agents typically treat N, NE and NW as "north facing". The park facing Mi Casa units are actually looking at NW, to be exact.

In feng shui, N and NE are generally good direction. NW is a NO-NO. :tsk-tsk:

beverly
06-04-09, 13:30
Beverly

i realise you are looking further and further .. you started with those condos opposite King albert park macdonalds ... now move to CCK ? warren that side ?

like that very hard to find anything ... so zero in ONE location and look there .. even within crap projects there are good units ...

CCK is because that is where I am currently located .. but my intent is to be close to my kids' primary school at BT, however, my aged inlaws are in CCK and hence in a way was bounded in that area but need to move to be close to school soon. The only project thus far that meets my requirement in terms of budget and location is still The Beverly, however, that will only TOP in 2013, and for some reasons, that project is not selling well.

zoros
06-04-09, 14:13
CCK is because that is where I am currently located .. but my intent is to be close to my kids' primary school at BT, however, my aged inlaws are in CCK and hence in a way was bounded in that area but need to move to be close to school soon. The only project thus far that meets my requirement in terms of budget and location is still The Beverly, however, that will only TOP in 2013, and for some reasons, that project is not selling well.

Hi Miss

Based on ur situation, some projects in mid-distance between CCK and BT area will be those along Upper Bt Timah Road like Linear, Maysprings, Espa, Condos in Hillview belt, Dairy Farm, Springdale and near there.

BUT of course, if your kid is oredi in the good BT primary school, then getting a condo near to amenities/tpt is good as afterall the primary school will presumed to have school transport to ferry ur kid/s to and fro, rite? ;)

beverly
06-04-09, 14:40
Hi Miss

Based on ur situation, some projects in mid-distance between CCK and BT area will be those along Upper Bt Timah Road like Linear, Maysprings, Espa, Condos in Hillview belt, Dairy Farm, Springdale and near there.

BUT of course, if your kid is oredi in the good BT primary school, then getting a condo near to amenities/tpt is good as afterall the primary school will presumed to have school transport to ferry ur kid/s to and fro, rite? ;)

Personally, I won't consider those along hillview. Rather stay put at CCK with the full amenities and convenience. Primary school has not started yet, but soon, and yes, there are school buses to ferry to and fro (expect jams during peak hours after pm classes), but preference is still within walking distance to school in that area, esp for one who does not drive ( or should i say, still refuse to get a license .. )

vale
06-04-09, 15:34
Hi

Just an update!

Went yesterday night also for a 2nd visit, FEO agent said early bird discount will be taken out anytime this week. With that, Mi Casa is even more ex !!

Also received call from some agents asking whether I want to sell my NV unit. Went to the net and search, saw that 1 property agent actually posted $625psf for my unit type, LOL !! For the past x years, it seldom goes above $500psf. Thanks to Mi Casa!

jonleelk
06-04-09, 16:47
MiCasa so far sold 65% of the soft launched units ~ 130. That will mean there will be another 300 to sell, including those yet to be released. By this time, I guess interested parties who currently stayed in cck would have already seen the showflats and made a decision. This makes me wonder...how will the response be after the official launch? I believe those who currently not staying around cck would unlikely want to upgrade to MiCasa, with so many condos around bukit batok and lakeside.

At $600++psf, can really buy those ~10 year old FH at Hillview area.

magdalene
06-04-09, 16:48
Property agents typically treat N, NE and NW as "north facing". The park facing Mi Casa units are actually looking at NW, to be exact.

In feng shui, N and NE are generally good direction. NW is a NO-NO. :tsk-tsk:

Of topic a bit - how do we see the 'facing' of fengshui? I was told basically to visualise the apt to be made up of 9 squares, and if the living room is located in North side of the 'square"?
Not sure if you know what I'm talking about.. :p

jonleelk
06-04-09, 17:00
Of topic a bit - how do we see the 'facing' of fengshui? I was told basically to visualise the apt to be made up of 9 squares, and if the living room is located in North side of the 'square"?
Not sure if you know what I'm talking about.. :p

I believe there could be different ways of determining the "direction" of the unit. The one that I am consulting is looking at the facing of the main door and living room windows.

If the door and the living room windows are on the same wall or opposite walls, the door determines the direction. If the door and the windows are facing 90 degree, the window determine the direction of the unit.

Example ;

If door is facing north, window is facing south, unit is considered north facing.

If door and windows both facing north, unit is north facing.

If door is facing north but window facing east, unit is considered east facing.

If door is facing north but window facing west, unit is considered west facing.

beverly
06-04-09, 17:12
MiCasa so far sold 65% of the soft launched units ~ 130. That will mean there will be another 300 to sell, including those yet to be released. By this time, I guess interested parties who currently stayed in cck would have already seen the showflats and made a decision. This makes me wonder...how will the response be after the official launch? I believe those who currently not staying around cck would unlikely want to upgrade to MiCasa, with so many condos around bukit batok and lakeside.

You will also be able to get a District 21 condo at that price. e.g. HighOaks is 99 yr, but almost same price as Mi Casa, albeit much older but the location is so much better in the sense that it is very near future Beauty World MRT and close to amenities too. Or FH HighGate condo ..

Geylang OKT
06-04-09, 21:51
Currently the developer is throwing in a marketing gimmick... those staying in the vinicity like CCK and Yew Tee get another 1% off the market price :D

Geylang OKT
06-04-09, 21:52
You will also be able to get a District 21 condo at that price. e.g. HighOaks is 99 yr, but almost same price as Mi Casa, albeit much older but the location is so much better in the sense that it is very near future Beauty World MRT and close to amenities too. Or FH HighGate condo ..

Ahhhh yes.... but these devts are much "older" :D

Geylang OKT
06-04-09, 21:55
Hi Miss

De La Salle School is in CCK too :D

http://www.delasalle.moe.edu.sg/

Geylang OKT
06-04-09, 21:57

Hillview? Super bad choice, very ulu, far from all amenities, MRTs (i.e. Bukit Gombak and Bukit Batok) are not within walking distance, you must walk ages to Rail Mall etc :scared-1:

vale
06-04-09, 22:33
I believe there could be different ways of determining the "direction" of the unit. The one that I am consulting is looking at the facing of the main door and living room windows.

If the door and the living room windows are on the same wall or opposite walls, the door determines the direction. If the door and the windows are facing 90 degree, the window determine the direction of the unit.

Example ;

If door is facing north, window is facing south, unit is considered north facing.

As a layman, I would see stack 17/18 as the best blk/unit, it is like a king overseeing the whole devt; with less obstructed view (if higher than the 5-storey multi-storey carpk); less noise (not facing busy road); and more importantly, no west sun.

Have leisurely read some feng shui info on high-rise apartment selection recently, it says block facing supercedes unit facing, fyi.

vale
06-04-09, 22:35
Currently the developer is throwing in a marketing gimmick... those staying in the vinicity like CCK and Yew Tee get another 1% off the market price :D

Also 2% loyalty discount

noblebaby
06-04-09, 22:38
I like the Mi Casa siteplan better than Caspian and Double Bay. In term of location, Caspian is better. :2cents:

vale
06-04-09, 22:43

If u r not driving, staying in Hillview area is OK if u r near MRT. Upp Bt Timah Rd easily jam with so many residents along that road.

Lot1 area is good for both drivers and non-drivers:
Drivers - easy access to KJE/BKE/PIE, and sometimes I told my friends that once I drive out of my home, it's expressway all the way to KL.

Non-drivers - bus terminal and MRT/LRT stn, easy access to most part of S'pore

vale
06-04-09, 22:50
I like the Mi Casa siteplan better than Caspian and Double Bay. In term of location, Caspian is better. :2cents:

Personally, I don't like the area around Caspian/Centris, having running abt that area for many many years. The smell from the factory, the fighter plane noise, the traffic (lots and lots of buses), the crowded MRTs/bus terminal/shopping ctr, workers etc.

noblebaby
06-04-09, 22:57
Personally, I don't like the area around Caspian/Centris, having running abt that area for many many years. The smell from the factory, the fighter plane noise, the traffic (lots and lots of buses), the crowded MRTs/bus terminal/shopping ctr, workers etc.

agreed, surrounding of caspian is chaotic... but location wise is better than Mi Casa... nearer to city and not far to the north as well.

some may think 10-15 mins further from city is fine to them during purchase... but once stay there longer, may think it's too far.

Any way, once DTL2 is ready, Mi Casa to city and bukit timah can be quite convinient. ;)

vale
06-04-09, 23:11
agreed, surrounding of caspian is chaotic... but location wise is better than Mi Casa... nearer to city and not far to the north as well.

some may think 10-15 mins further from city is fine to them during purchase... but once stay there longer, may think it's too far.

Any way, once DTL2 is ready, Mi Casa to city and bukit timah can be quite convinient. ;)

For Caspian, it may take u longer to drive to the expressway than the expressway itself, due to the start-stop traffic and lots of buses/vans/lorries.

For MRT, definitely, Caspian has an edge over Micasa, but by just 1 stn less. CCK has the advantage of having a circle loop of MRT line, so u can travel in both dir. With DTL2 completed, residents at Lot1 area and Bt Panjang Plaza area will be overjoy with a choice of 2 MRT lines serving them (linking with LRT/bus) to reach city.

Geylang OKT
07-04-09, 06:51
Also 2% loyalty discount

You're right. Currently 16% off the list price :D

While Non-Choa Chu Kangers get 15% ;)

beverly
07-04-09, 09:42
You're right. Currently 16% off the list price :D

While Non-Choa Chu Kangers get 15% ;)

It has always been 16% whether or not you stay at CCK, so long as you register your interest with them.

Agree with you that Hillview is out of the way in terms of convenience and accessibility, with or without a car, with the same price, one can afford another place with better amenities and accessbility. My friend bought glendale park in 2001, can't wait to sell it off.

HighOaks and highgates are definitely much older, but in terms of resale value and rent, much better.

jonleelk
07-04-09, 12:32
As a layman, I would see stack 17/18 as the best blk/unit, it is like a king overseeing the whole devt; with less obstructed view (if higher than the 5-storey multi-storey carpk); less noise (not facing busy road); and more importantly, no west sun.

Have leisurely read some feng shui info on high-rise apartment selection recently, it says block facing supercedes unit facing, fyi.

bro, i believe u are referring to stack 19 and 20. The original pic posted at the first page of this thread is not updated.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/jonleelk/MiCasa.jpg

Yes, in general layout, stack 19 and 20 are the best. The balcony will be facing NE which will be very windy (those who stay around CCK will know wat I mean). If I will to get any units in Mi Casa, these 2 are the only ones. However, so far it seems these 2 stacks are 4-bedders only. A 3rd floor is selling at $666 psf...resulting in about $900k for an unit. :scared-1:

However, when it comes to feng shui, the facing of stack 19 and 20 are a bit touch and go.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/jonleelk/unit19.gif

On paper, both units are still considered as a good SW facing (based on the direcion of the door). However, if during construction, the actual building is tilted a little bit more clockwise, the units will become a west facing...which is not recommended.

It is the touch-and-go orientation plus the not too friendly $700psf for unit #10-19 that is holding me back...

noblebaby
07-04-09, 14:00

Example ;

which is the best facing? North or south?

beverly
07-04-09, 14:52
bro, i believe u are referring to stack 19 and 20. The original pic posted at the first page of this thread is not updated.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/jonleelk/MiCasa.jpg

Yes, in general layout, stack 19 and 20 are the best. The balcony will be facing NE which will be very windy (those who stay around CCK will know wat I mean). If I will to get any units in Mi Casa, these 2 are the only ones. However, so far it seems these 2 stacks are 4-bedders only. A 3rd floor is selling at $666 psf...resulting in about $900k for an unit. :scared-1:

However, when it comes to feng shui, the facing of stack 19 and 20 are a bit touch and go.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/jonleelk/unit19.gif

On paper, both units are still considered as a good SW facing (based on the direcion of the door). However, if during construction, the actual building is tilted a little bit more clockwise, the units will become a west facing...which is not recommended.

It is the touch-and-go orientation plus the not too friendly $700psf for unit #10-19 that is holding me back...

Bro, you still wanna buy Mi Casa ?

jonleelk
07-04-09, 15:41
which is the best facing? North or south?

Getting OT, but just for infor sharing. Again, have to mention there are different ways of Geomancy. The following is just what I am consulting.

General unit orientation, best is N-S, 2nd comes NE-SW.

Then, depending on one's "ba zhi" (the chinese 8 characters determined by the birth year/month/day/time), one will have some auspicious and inauspicious directions. It will be the best to the owner if the unit is in the auspicious direction. This is supposed to enhance the owner's luck.

If that is not possible, then choose between N-S or NE-SW, but take care to avoid the owner's inauspicious direction. If there is any conflict in the owners'auspicious direction, the male owner will take pirority.

Using my family as example:

For myself : South is auspicious. West is inauspicious.
For my wife : South is auspicious. West and North are inauspicious.
For my daughter : South and North are auspicious. Southeast and Northwest are inauspicious.

So the best for my family will be a South facing unit (door facing South, window facing North). If that is not possible, any NE or SW units are the 2nd choice. :)

jonleelk
07-04-09, 15:47
Bro, you still wanna buy Mi Casa ?

Most likely no. Discussed with wifey and decided to hunt for a South facing unit since we had already consulted Feng Shui.

宁可信其有,不可信其无. :D

beverly
07-04-09, 16:10
Most likely no. Discussed with wifey and decided to hunt for a South facing unit since we had already consulted Feng Shui.

宁可信其有,不可信其无. :D

Actually, if you are still looking within CCK, the only 2 options are Warren and Northvale .. unless you wanna consider Yew Tee , which Regent Grove and Quintet (EC) are better choices than YT Residences .

vale
07-04-09, 16:31
Ya, bro jonleelk, u r right, stack 19/20 in the image, but on FEO's brochure, it's 17/18, guess they have no time to re-print. Have told FEO before blk release that if it were 3 bedder , I'll consider, too bad, it's a 4-bedder. My 2nd choice was stack 7/8, but it's 3+1 and not release yet, without discount the price will be even more unimaginable.

I think I may still consider Micasa, but definitely not now, may be in 1-3 years time, or even longer, go in only when the price is right, anyway I can still afford to wait, and there are still choices like Warren, NV, and not forgetting the 2 empty plots of land between Micasa and the mosque.

zoros
07-04-09, 16:33
Actually, if you are still looking within CCK, the only 2 options are Warren and Northvale .. unless you wanna consider Yew Tee , which Regent Grove and Quintet (EC) are better choices than YT Residences .

Quintet is impossible for now...as it's just 2006 TOP..ANOTHER 5 years to go b4 1st owners can sell to Singaporeans.

Resale price for Yew Tee Condos will not be as good as those in CCK central.

If not Mi Casa, Warren is the next best choice as it generally doesn't have those water seepage/leaking issues as Northvale, and Design-wise is still on par or same generation with Mi Casa or any current Condo project. Northvale's design and layout belonged to those 1 decade ago design theme.

If you take a good look between Northvale and Warren, you would know what i mean.

beverly
07-04-09, 16:37
Ya, bro jonleelk, u r right, stack 19/20 in the image, but on FEO's brochure, it's 17/18, guess they have no time to re-print. Have told FEO before blk release that if it were 3 bedder , I'll consider, too bad, it's a 4-bedder. My 2nd choice was stack 7/8, but it's 3+1 and not release yet, without discount the price will be even more unimaginable.

I think I may still consider Micasa, but definitely not now, may be in 1-3 years time, or even longer, go in only when the price is right, anyway I can still afford to wait, and there are still choices like Warren, NV, and not forgetting the 2 empty plots of land between Micasa and the mosque.

Vale, I don't think FEO will let down the prices over the years, so far, I have seen them pushing up prices over the years, and letting it down slighlty after when it was pushed up sky-high , take for example, hillview regency project, GardenVista, Jardin. then again, you can also buy from those sub-sales who may want to let go when it's nearer the TOP too

As for the 2 empty plot of lands, so far no news yet from URA website.

beverly
07-04-09, 16:39
Quintet is impossible for now...as it's just 2006 TOP..ANOTHER 5 years to go b4 1st owners can sell to Singaporeans.

If not Mi Casa, Warren is the next best choice as it generally doesn't have those water seepage/leaking issues as Northvale, and Design-wise is still on par or same generation with Mi Casa or any current Condo project. Northvale's design and layout belonged to those 1 decade ago design theme.

If you take a good look between Northvale and Warren, you would know what i mean.

We saw Quintet years ago, penthouse was quite nice and affordable, but not eligible to buy so can only appreciate its nice facade and layout.

vale
07-04-09, 16:43

Agreed totally, location-wise CCK central is so much better.

For water seepage problem, it's all depends on luck, any property reaching the 10-year mark will have this possibility (warranty for water proofing is 10 years), no matter where.

If u want newer devt/design -- Warren, if u want spaciousness/greenery -- NV. Facilities-wise, sama sama. Maintenance fee, I think NV is cheaper, correct me if I'm wrong.

Geylang OKT
07-04-09, 18:39
No $650psf No Buy! :D

august
07-04-09, 20:57
No $650psf No Buy! :D

to me not worth more than $590psf :o

Geylang OKT
08-04-09, 00:14
to me not worth more than $590psf :o

Yew Tee Residences doesn't have a tennis court, other than that is quite convenient... less than 1 min to Yee Tee MRT :D

Plus lots of newly opened good yummy offerings there :hungry: :cool-punk-headbange :cool: :D

zoros
08-04-09, 09:08
Agreed totally, location-wise CCK central is so much better.

For water seepage problem, it's all depends on luck, any property reaching the 10-year mark will have this possibility (warranty for water proofing is 10 years), no matter where.

If u want newer devt/design -- Warren, if u want spaciousness/greenery -- NV. Facilities-wise, sama sama. Maintenance fee, I think NV is cheaper, correct me if I'm wrong.

Just to highlight, I been to NV before for investment viewing purpose. Facilities-wise, Warren is so much better. The 5 pools layout theme is the most beautiful among all condos within CCK/Yew Tee area, has 3 outdoor balinese style jacuzzi bath corners. You should come during one of the nites and view the entire Pool Area from one of the mid to high units at either Blk 39, 41 and 45. Til then, you would know that it's nice.

jonleelk
08-04-09, 09:37
Just to highlight, I been to NV before for investment viewing purpose. Facilities-wise, Warren is so much better. The 5 pools layout theme is the most beautiful among all condos within CCK/Yew Tee area, has 3 outdoor balinese style jacuzzi bath corners. You should come during one of the nites and view the entire Pool Area from one of the mid to high units at either Blk 39, 41 and 45. Til then, you would know that it's nice.

Agree...the pools of Warren look very nice at night. If want to pick, the only complaint is not too windy due to the blocks almost totally surrounding the pools. :)

vale
08-04-09, 09:55
Agree...the pools of Warren look very nice at night. If want to pick, the only complaint is not too windy due to the blocks almost totally surrounding the pools. :)

May be I'm a practical person, having more pools or more lights, although more aesthetically appealing, is just adding on to more unnecessary recurring maintenance and costs. 1 adult pool+kids pool and adequate lighting is all that's needed, it doesn't make u more likely to swim with more pools.

If u are staying there, u will count $ & cents, but if u are investing for rental, then by all means look for the best looking condo day & night to attract potential customers as they are the ones paying for it.

zoros
08-04-09, 09:59

If u want BOTH windy + surrounding pools, then blocks 37, 39, 49, 51 and 59 are the best among cos they have units which are unblocked cos these blocks are corner blocks among all in The Warren. But of course, it will be best if you stay among the higher floors in these blocks.

vale
08-04-09, 10:15
If u want BOTH windy + surrounding pools, then blocks 37, 39, 49, 51 and 59 are the best among cos they have units which are unblocked cos these blocks are corner blocks among all in The Warren. But of course, it will be best if you stay among the higher floors in these blocks.
I think the wind factor is quite seasonal.

If u see the site plan, the best blk (best unit 24/27) that is shielded from noise(bus/mrt/expressway), west sun, and have better view is blk 51. If I were to buy, I'll look for these 2 units.

proud owner
08-04-09, 10:17
[quote=august]to me not worth more than $590psf :o[/quo

i bought windermere at launch ... at 466 psf ..in 1997 ..
at that time, i was staying in Hougang, waiting in my queue for a maisonette , which when i applied, was 160k in 1993..

i failed in every ballot . Then went into the q ..and hougang became NE zone ..then the Punggol 21 project ..and HDB prices rallied so so much ..that by 1996-1997 ..a maisonette in NE zone was 450k ...plus renovation would have cost 500k ...simply not worth it for a HDB ..

hence i bought Windermere at about 600k ..just needed to buy furnitures and lightings .. it has a very squarish layout .. makes it feel big .. 3+1 bedroom 1281 sqft .....
unlike yew mei ..sort of triangular toilet, living room etc ...

anyway i sold it last year at 490 psf and moved to a FH in dist 5

i must say i still LOVE my unit .. 16 floor .. unblock view as far as JB .. the wind is strong .. walking dist to Yew Tee station ..every now and then, my wife still tells me how much shes misses the view from the bedroom and the living room ..especially on rainy days..then rain on the full glass window ..the view of the greenery .. i miss it too ..

behind the project ..is the Park link ...will soon be a park with canoeing facilities etc etc ..

its coming to 10 yrs soon for Windermere ... if i am not mistaken ..its only 460 psf now ...

so why pay even 590 psf for the others .. if you are buying to live in ...

vale
08-04-09, 10:24
[quote=august]to me not worth more than $590psf :o[/quo

i bought windermere at launch ... at 466 psf ..in 1997 ..
at that time, i was staying in Hougang, waiting in my queue for a maisonette , which when i applied, was 160k in 1993..

i failed in every ballot . Then went into the q ..and hougang became NE zone ..then the Punggol 21 project ..and HDB prices rallied so so much ..that by 1996-1997 ..a maisonette in NE zone was 450k ...plus renovation would have cost 500k ...simply not worth it for a HDB ..

hence i bought Windermere at about 600k ..just needed to buy furnitures and lightings .. it has a very squarish layout .. makes it feel big .. 3+1 bedroom 1281 sqft .....
unlike yew mei ..sort of triangular toilet, living room etc ...

anyway i sold it last year at 490 psf and moved to a FH in dist 5

i must say i still LOVE my unit .. 16 floor .. unblock view as far as JB .. the wind is strong .. walking dist to Yew Tee station ..every now and then, my wife still tells me how much shes misses the view from the bedroom and the living room ..especially on rainy days..then rain on the full glass window ..the view of the greenery .. i miss it too ..

behind the project ..is the Park link ...will soon be a park with canoeing facilities etc etc ..

its coming to 10 yrs soon for Windermere ... if i am not mistaken ..its only 460 psf now ...

so why pay even 590 psf for the others .. if you are buying to live in ...

I also can't resist the temptation to consider Yew Mei Green and Windermere for upsizing because of the low psf, but to give up the convenience of staying opp Lot1 is also very very painful.

zoros
08-04-09, 10:47
[quote=proud owner]

I also can't resist the temptation to consider Yew Mei Green and Windermere for upsizing because of the low psf, but to give up the convenience of staying opp Lot1 is also very very painful.

Fortunately or unfortunately to either side, a condo beside all shopping and transport amenities will have better resale value and more popular with tenants/families than those located in a corner of the estate.

Time has changed since decades back when people commonly perceived that a very ulu-located FH is worth > than a super-convenient located 99 LH condo.

And do REMEMBER, the WORLD is always changing, and mindsets change too.....

jonleelk
08-04-09, 10:52
I think the wind factor is quite seasonal.

If u see the site plan, the best blk (best unit 24/27) that is shielded from noise(bus/mrt/expressway), west sun, and have better view is blk 51. If I were to buy, I'll look for these 2 units.

I think more likely 24/27 will be "no wind" as they are facing SE...because the wind is 6 mths coming from NE, 6 months coming from SW. Unit 41/42 will likely "eat more wind" as they are unblocked :) , but also more noise from the passing MRT. :doh:

My existing HDB flat is also NW-SE facing...min wind coming into my unit :( , where else my next door neighbour is facing NE (mine is corner unit), almost cannot open window due to too windy. :D

proud owner
08-04-09, 10:56
[quote=vale]

Fortunately or unfortunately to either side, a condo beside all shopping and transport amenities will have better resale value and more popular with tenants/families than those located in a corner of the estate.

Time has changed since decades back when people commonly perceived that a very ulu-located FH is worth > than a super-convenient located 99 LH condo.

i agree the world is always changing ...
somethings dont .. like ..in general ..when one is younger 20-35 ..he wants to be near amenities ...35-55 he prefers Quietness/serenity ( corner of the estate).... 55-85 he may prefer to be near amenities again ...

anyway i moved out of CCK ... so thats a change of mindset .. to closer to town ..5 mins drive ...

and soon in 2 mths time..i wil be moving again ... to Manhattan ...

so if you are still looking at CCK ... ??? your world hasnt really changed much

jonleelk
08-04-09, 11:01
[quote=vale]

bro...u speak just like a FEO agent trying to sell me Mi Casa! Only never mention FH no longer FH becasue of the strata board 80% ruling nowadays.

jonleelk
08-04-09, 11:03
[quote=zoros]

somethings dont .. like ..in general ..when one is younger 20-35 ..he wants to be near amenities ...35-55 he prefers Quietness/serenity ( corner of the estate).... 55-85 he may prefer to be near amenities again ...

anyway i moved out of CCK ... so thats a change of mindset .. to closer to town ..5 mins drive ...

world cannot change now as kid still schooling in CCK. :p

proud owner
08-04-09, 11:18
[quote=zoros]

to all and potential CCK-ians .. I apologise if i sounded arrogant and sarcastic in my previous input ..

what i want to say is ...
the world is indeed changing ... but to each and everyone of us ..we still have our own world .. which very often doesnt change as quickly as the real outside world ..

so long as we are happy in our own world ..and adjusting with time, within our own comfortable pace ... thats good enough ..

zoros
08-04-09, 11:54
[quote=proud owner]

to all and potential CCK-ians .. I apologise if i sounded arrogant and sarcastic in my previous input ..

what i want to say is ...
the world is indeed changing ... but to each and everyone of us ..we still have our own world .. which very often doesnt change as quickly as the real outside world ..

so long as we are happy in our own world ..and adjusting with time, within our own comfortable pace ... thats good enough ..

No worries. We are all here to exchange ideas. Most of us are residing in CCK area...i.e. ve a vested interest in watever is going on around CCK.

As for you, good luck to your next move to Manhattan.

vale
08-04-09, 13:30
Ha, ha, I'm just the opposite of bro proud owner, shifted from 05 FH to CCK after married. Anyway, I found here much more convenient than my old house, and AYE is worse than KJE, and I never fancy a job in CBD. Now, I seldom go to "town" (Orchard), may be JB more often, as it is nearer to go "overseas"!

Same as bro jonleelk, will be stucked here many years as kids schooling here, unless want to ballot again.

Good to share info abt the condos here, me in NV, Zoros in Warren, may be 1 of these days we may be neighbours, or we may swap places :) !

proud owner
08-04-09, 13:54
Ha, ha, I'm just the opposite of bro proud owner, shifted from 05 FH to CCK after married. Anyway, I found here much more convenient than my old house, and AYE is worse than KJE, and I never fancy a job in CBD. Now, I seldom go to "town" (Orchard), may be JB more often, as it is nearer to go "overseas"!

Same as bro jonleelk, will be stucked here many years as kids schooling here, unless want to ballot again.

Good to share info abt the condos here, me in NV, Zoros in Warren, may be 1 of these days we may be neighbours, or we may swap places :) !

i do agree that CCK has its charm ... i used to drive to CBD to work ..and so so glad to see the jam in the opposite direction ... from KJE to PIE to Steven's road and then to CBD .. and going home ..again see the jam in the opposite direction ...

so which part of D5 were you at ? me at South buona vista

vale
08-04-09, 14:23
i do agree that CCK has its charm ... i used to drive to CBD to work ..and so so glad to see the jam in the opposite direction ... from KJE to PIE to Steven's road and then to CBD .. and going home ..again see the jam in the opposite direction ...

Near Clementi.

noblebaby
08-04-09, 14:28

bro, are you a director or manager? i knew you have several properties... so you must be very rich... but... you still have time to post here during work hour or you already retired and waiting to go to the states?!? :D

proud owner
08-04-09, 14:30
Near Clementi.

for those staying in CCk ... and drive ...

try drive inside Chian Hu area ... ...loads for farms ..and nurseries ... plants there cheaper than those in thomson ..and more choices than those at Neo Tjeo

also golfers : warren and safra ..near

furnitures : buy at sungei gadot area

also theres a seafood centre on a hilltop ... go in by sungei tengah rd , up lor pasu .. recce in the day ..go in the night ... nice view at night

jonleelk
08-04-09, 17:41

ya lor...if MiCasa was priced competitively, we might all become neighbours there when it TOP. :cheers5:

chan_ww
08-04-09, 18:59
Hi Proudowner, I'm looking for a condo in CCK area. Can you tell me more about Windermere? Understand it's a EC... which are the unit or Block of better facing, hows the facilities there, maintenance fee etc. I'm looking for 3-4 bedrm, budget below 700k. What's the recommended price range i should be looking at? Appreciate your advice.:)

jonleelk
09-04-09, 22:35
MiCasa early bird discount tomorrow (fri) last day. New block of 2+1, 3 and 3+1 are released for sale today.

In case any one still keen to buy one.

propertysale01
10-04-09, 05:33
http://www.postimage.org/Pq1yj7F9.jpg

Mi Casa: The Allure of a Mediterranean Lifestyle Now at your Doorstep.

The Miditerranean.The very word conjures up stunning scenery, friendly people, beautiful beaches and delectable cuisine, shared among friends and family. The region is famous for its passionate use of colour, set amid whitewashed walls and blue skies. It is the warmth, colours, energy and romance of the Mediterranean that has inspired the design of
Mi Casa - Spanish for "My Home".

MY INSPIRATION. MY HOME.

Imagine having tea on your balcony, as you gaze at sparkling azure waters and listen to birds sing. This is life at Mi Casa, the Mediterranean-inspired home of your dreams. Located in a tranqil enclave, Mi Casa charms with it's cascading whitewashed residential blocks, reminiscent of homes on Santorini, in the Greek Islands. Sporting spontaneous splashes of colour, these towers are designed around a waterscape dotted with island pavilions where you can relax in jacuzzis, host intimate dinners or simply gaze at the stars. Welcome to an idyllic paradise that you call home.

MY ROMANTIC GETAWAY MY PRIVATE ISLAND.

Love needs to be nutured. Take some time out for each other. Enjoy the company of your loved one on any of the four island pavilions dotting the central waterscape, each named after an island in the Mediterranean Sea. A relaxing massage? Strawberries and champagne, prehaps? It's like having a holiday on a private island, without having to leave home.

MY BLISSFUL AFTERNOON. MY LAVISH INDULGENCE

Whether it's lazing by the pool or having a splash of fun with family, you'll be loving every moment at Mi Casa.

MY LEISURE HUB. MY BREATHING SPACE.

There are days when you feel like your body needs a good workout. Call up your friends for an invigorating game of tennis or work up a sweat at the well-equipped gym. And on those days when you feel like having a moment to yourself, serenity awaits at the garden courtyards tucked in-between the residential blocks.

MY FUN-FILLED DAYS. MY FAVOURITE HANG-OUT.

Kids just love to have fun. Bring them to the spacious playground and activity area, and you'll find yourself smiling as you watch them learn through play. At the children's fun pool, slides, water spouts, and massage jet foundations provide hours of amusement. A viewing pavilion allows you to keep an eye on your precious ones while mingling with your friends. Come evening, the whole family can bond over chicken wings and hotdogs at the BBQ pavilion at the Garden Terrace.

MY TIME-OUT FROM THE WORLD. MY RETREAT.

MY SUNNY PARADISE. MY PLAYGROUND.
Endless fun beckons on lush green spaces, while blissful relaxation awaits under the blue sky.

MY COSY CORNER. MY FAVOURITE PLACE ON EARTH.

Well-Connected to all parts of Singapore
5 minutes walk to Choa Chu Kang MRT station, Choa Chu Kang LRT Station & Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange
2 minutes drive to Kranji Expressway
10 minutes drive to Woodlands Checkpoint.

Shopping & Recreation in the Vincity
5 minutes walk to Lot One Shoppers' Mall and Choa Chu Kang Centre
3 minutes walk drive to Teck Whye Shopping Centre, Ten Mile Junction, Limbang Shopping Centre and Keat Hong Shopping Centre.
8 minutes drive to Bukit Panjang Plaza.
2 minutes walk to NHG Choa Chu Kang Polyclinic.
5 minutes drive to Warren Golf & Country Club.
3 minutes drive to Choa Chu Kang Swimming Complex, Choa Chu Kang Sports Hall & Tennis Centre and Choa Chu Kang Stadium.

Wide Selection of Education Institutions Nearby
Education institutions in close proximity consist of Chua Chu Kang Primary School, Chu Chu Kang Secondary School, South View Primary School, Bukit Panjang Government High School, Pioneer Junior College,Concord Primary School, Kranji Primary School, Kranji Secondary School, De La Salle School, Regent Secondary School, Yew Tee Primary School, ITE College West.

Surrounded By Nature
Next door to Choa Chua Kang Park
3 minutes drive to Limabang Park
5 minutes drive to Tembusa Park and Stagmont Park
15 minutes drive to Bukit Timah Nature's Reserve.

Flooring units:
1. 2 rooms: 1020 sqft - 1292sqft. Limited Units.
2. 2 rooms+ S: 1120 sqft - 1146sqft.
3. 3 rooms: 1260 sqft - 1343 sqft.
4. 3 rooms + S: 1301 sqft - 2217 sqft.
5. 4 rooms: 1384 sqft - 2316 sqft

*Note: Units are subjected to availability.

Ceiling height: 2.9m.

| Today Advertisement on 5 Thursday April 9, 2009.

My Inspiration. My Home.

Opposite Choa Chu Kang MRT Statin, Bus Interchange and Lot One Shopper's Mall.

Located in a tranqil enclave, Mi Casa charms with its cascading whitewashed residential blocks, reminiscent of homes on Greek Islands, Santorini. Sporting spontaneous splashes of color, these towers are designed around waterscape dotted with island pavilions where you can relax in jacuzzis, host intimate dinners, simply gaze at the stars, etc. Welcome to an idyllic paradise that you call home.

On sale now, Foreigners are eligible, Prices from $585 PSF to $625 average PSF.

Address: 11 Choa Chu Kang Drive.

Open daily from

10am - 9pm.

Developer: Tian Hock Properties Pte Ltd
Company Registration No: 197800525N.
Leasehold from: 25. August 2008.
Expected TOP date: 31st December 2014.
Expected date of legal Completion: 31st December 2017. |

Key selling point
1. For the past 8 years, there has not been any condominium new launch in Choa Chu Kang area.
2. This could be the last launch for CCK condo projects.
3. A good location specially for HDB upgraders staying near Chua Chu Kang, Yee Tee, Teck Whye.
4. Layout of site are more efficient.
5. Resale value are higher than most condos in the vincity.
6. Strong design based on Mediterranean resort living lifestyle.

( 8 sqm in total) compared with competitors at 12 - 15 sqm.
7. Nearby amenities: NTUC, Supermarket, Shops, Eateries, Cinema, Library.
8. Condo Facilities: Lifestyle Island Pavilion - Club house with private dining + Dip pool + Outdoor BBQ + Private Impressed Road to the entry point of entrance.

9. No planted pots at all.

10. Children's Playground, Children Pool w/ Water Slides, Leisure Pool, 50m Freeform Lap Pool, Island with Spa /Dining Pavilion, Entrance Water Feature, Guard House, Tower Arrival Porch, Club House, Outdoor Fitness Area, Jacuzzi, Sunbathing Deck Garden Plaza, Tennis Court, Multistorey & Open Air Car Park.

Serious Buyers:

1. Kindly bring along your
-Cheque book
-NIRC for registration purposes.
Reason: To reserve the units for registration purposes.
Do note that each and every individual units are subjected to while stock last status.

In order to reserve for your special indicative flooring unit, please kindly call me for immediate appointment for viewing of showflat.
For buyers interested in the CCK condominium project:

Kindly contact Aaron at | 90287921 | for immediate showroom appointments.

franzmark
10-04-09, 09:12
will cck ever come up? The condos there seem really cheap even from ten over years when my relative bought palm gardens. My only view of cck is that it is largely a hdb estate n ths condo is a sure buy for hdb upgraders who love cck. So far have nt heard gov plans to develop the area n as of now lot 1 seems to be the only draw.

propertysale01
10-04-09, 09:59
will cck ever come up? The condos there seem really cheap even from ten over years when my relative bought palm gardens. My only view of cck is that it is largely a hdb estate n ths condo is a sure buy for hdb upgraders who love cck. So far have nt heard gov plans to develop the area n as of now lot 1 seems to be the only draw.

It really depends on the URA masterplanning development. It's quite true that CCK for the past 8 years, have not come up with any major plans to develop the area, but i believe that the government are really pushing very hard to promote Singapore as an attractive site for expatriates to live in and make the country prosperous. There could be an interlink from one area to another, so that along the chain, one vibrant point could impact the other. This is good news for us..but still subjected to government's planning.

jonleelk
10-04-09, 15:33
CCK condo cheap meh? Definitely not MiCasa. :(

franzmark
10-04-09, 22:29
$500 to $600 psf for a condo in singapore is considered cheap. for the same floor area, a condo at Illuminaire would cost you about 4 condos at mi casa, so mi casa is cheap relative to prime D9.

CCK condo cheap meh? Definitely not MiCasa. :(

propertysale01
11-04-09, 20:01
$500 to $600 psf for a condo in singapore is considered cheap. for the same floor area, a condo at Illuminaire would cost you about 4 condos at mi casa, so mi casa is cheap relative to prime D9.

Choa Chu Kang has very few condo projects launched for the past 8 years. In addition, this could be the last condo project that government is allowing based on the master plan set in. With an exclusive explosion of the launch price for Micasa, this is definitely one opportunity that can't be missed. Far East has been providing quality condominium for many years, as it is also the largest private developer in Singapore. With 4 FIABCI award (Equalvalent to an OCSAR award) internationally recognised. Quality is never compromised in the building materials of the condomimium as well as the service quality that is assured throughout the project development.
Just my 3 cents of thought.

Warmest regards.
Aaron.

franzmark
11-04-09, 20:48
I said Mi Casa is cheap relative to D9 Illuminaire, but I did not say it is a good buy. 8 years without a launch in the area doesnt mean anything as there may be good reason why developers are shunning that area.

Choa Chu Kang has very few condo projects launched for the past 8 years. In addition, this could be the last condo project that government is allowing based on the master plan set in. With an exclusive explosion of the launch price for Micasa, this is definitely one opportunity that can't be missed. Far East has been providing quality condominium for many years, as it is also the largest private developer in Singapore. With 4 FIABCI award (Equalvalent to an OCSAR award) internationally recognised. Quality is never compromised in the building materials of the condomimium as well as the service quality that is assured throughout the project development.

Warmest regards.
Aaron.

Geylang OKT
11-04-09, 20:49
CCK seems ok. Not too near our northern neighbour... but near enough to the upcoming Jurong Lake District in the Master Plan :D

franzmark
11-04-09, 20:50
then might as well buy jurong...

CCK seems ok. Not too near our northern neighbour... but near enough to the upcoming Jurong hub in the Master Plan :D

Geylang OKT
11-04-09, 20:51
then might as well buy jurong...

Some folks dowan industrial area :D

franzmark
11-04-09, 20:53
You lucky this is not any of the jurong condo threads coz u will be ruffling some feathers by saying that...lol

Some folks dowan industrial area :D

franzmark
11-04-09, 20:54
but again...i do agree with you that it is an industrial area..

propertysale01
11-04-09, 20:55
I said Mi Casa is cheap relative to D9 Illuminaire, but I did not say it is a good buy. 8 years without a launch in the area doesnt mean anything as there may be good reason why developers are shunning that area.

True, but its still all subjective to government's planning. Anyway..less would mean niche..in some way...which also = exclusive. With substantial vibrancy going on, this could be a good reason to buy especially during this recession period, where price is actually a good reason to place in before the bell curve actually revert back to it's uptrend if the economy actually turns good when the bull market charges back. Life still goes on..even at it's worst. Nobody knows..

Geylang OKT
11-04-09, 20:56
but again...i do agree with you that it is an industrial area..

Yes, noted your thots on it too :D

rayray
11-04-09, 20:58
To add, sometime it's smell.

Geylang OKT
11-04-09, 21:06
To add, sometime it's smell.

Smell from where? from the industrial sites or the workers? :D

rayray
11-04-09, 21:08

ohh.... should have mentioned it's industrial smell:)

franzmark
11-04-09, 21:08
smell from the chocolate factory and the oil refinery. the smell interchanges all the time and it is sometimes enough to fill your appetite before you step into a neighbouring food centre...

august
11-04-09, 21:59
CCk too far from jurong to smell anything liao.. however hv to contend with the occasional saf military wayangs .. boom-boom-boom & ra-tat-tat-tat in the evenings ~ :D

Geylang OKT
11-04-09, 22:02
CCk too far from jurong to smell anything liao.. however hv to contend with the occasional saf military wayangs .. boom-boom-boom & ra-tat-tat-tat in the evenings ~ :D

I feel so safe :D

cyl
11-04-09, 22:56
i must say, mi casa has one of the best layout for their masters bedroom. And it has a unique bathroom. However, the kitchen is not so good...

Geylang OKT
11-04-09, 23:19
i must say, mi casa has one of the best layout for their masters bedroom. And it has a unique bathroom. However, the kitchen is not so good...

Will the devt get the Mediterranean sun too? :D

jonleelk
12-04-09, 00:35

Micasa starts from $585 psf during the soft launch, and that is only for ground floor non-pool facing. Adding $7psf for each higher floor, majority of the units are all >$600 psf in MiCasa. Too bad as FEO bought the land during the peak in 2008. :(

The layout of MiCasa unit is quite well designed, though some might find it a bit too simple. Good master bedroom with a nice bathroom (for those that can accept the sunken bath). However, for $600psf, only homogeneous tiles are used is a little cheapskate.

12-04-09, 09:41
Went to Mi Casa showroom one week ago. Bedrooms are big compare with other development. However, the materials and finishing are so so ... Oven is excluded in the kitchen finishing

rayray
12-04-09, 09:43

Hehehehe.....in Jurong...you can hear it too....occassional BOOM...BOOM...BOOM....I thought it was going to rain......:)

Kenshinto80
12-04-09, 16:13

Warmest regards.
Aaron.

For potential buyers, I recommend asking around for quality of furnishings and completion of developers. Some people do not like Far East Projects. It is very funny that agents with vested interest made the above statements. Old Huang sell melon praise own melon.:p

Mi Casa in a very good location....so near to Lot 1! Cool! Based on current price, I think it is a good buy.

However, do not like the external facade design. Reminded me of a colleague's HDB executive condo in Woodlands call La Casa. Mi Casa and La Casa look and sound too similar....probably cos of the Mediterranean concept. Personally, it is very irritating that Far East painted those little blue and red rectangular paint over the facade just like in La Casa.

franzmark
12-04-09, 16:20
near lot 1 does not translate to good location and mi casa is priced at fair value, not cheap. i think the development would be good for those army personnels with family working in mindef or one of the army camps nearby...:stop_war:

For potential buyers, I recommend asking around for quality of furnishings and completion of developers. Some people do not like Far East Projects. It is very funny that agents with vested interest made the above statements. Old Huang sell melon praise own melon.:p

Mi Casa in a very good location....so near to Lot 1! Cool! Based on current price, I think it is a good buy.

However, do not like the external facade design. Reminded me of a colleague's HDB executive condo in Woodlands call La Casa. Mi Casa and La Casa look and sound too similar....probably cos of the Mediterranean concept. Personally, it is very irritating that Far East painted those little blue and red rectangular paint over the facade just like in La Casa.

Antz621
12-04-09, 17:29

Warmest regards.
Aaron.

However you must also admit that Far East projects are priced too much on the high side. I just came back from a friend's condo in Bt Batok Street 25. He bought in 1998 at 600+k. The condo's valuation and resale price had never surpasses the buying price all these years; not even at the peak of the boom last 2 years. Considering the number of unsold units that they have in Hillview Regency and Lakeshore, is the acclaimed quality finishing on every buyer's priority list? Apparently facts spoke for themselves...

People dun just buy a property to stay in. They would also be looking for appreciation and profit; more so for 99 LH as the timeframe allowed to do so is much shorter than others. Is the current pricing at this kind of location worth the consideration? Let's leave that to the audience...

Geylang OKT
12-04-09, 21:24
However you must also admit that Far East projects are priced too much on the high side. I just came back from a friend's condo in Bt Batok Street 25. He bought in 1998 at 600+k. The condo's valuation and resale price had never surpasses the buying price all these years; not even at the peak of the boom last 2 years. Considering the number of unsold units that they have in Hillview Regency and Lakeshore, is the acclaimed quality finishing on every buyer's priority list? Apparently facts spoke for themselves...

People dun just buy a property to stay in. They would also be looking for appreciation and profit; more so for 99 LH as the timeframe allowed to do so is much shorter than others. Is the current pricing at this kind of location worth the consideration? Let's leave that to the audience...

You must be talking about Parkview Apts :D

Antz621
12-04-09, 21:32
You must be talking about Parkview Apts :D

"Ching Ching" Bingo!!! :D Another $-losing property for the owners there thanks to FEO

franzmark
13-04-09, 00:45
i wont even buy parkview even if u sell me at hdb price. Any hdb flat near bt btok central is anytime mre attractive than parkview

zoros
13-04-09, 01:30
i wont even buy parkview even if u sell me at hdb price. Any hdb flat near bt btok central is anytime mre attractive than parkview

So that again testified that LOCATION is the most important factor nowadays when come to buy a condo unit in SG.

rayray
13-04-09, 09:01
So that again testified that LOCATION is the most important factor nowadays when come to buy a condo unit in SG.
That's why most LH properties are very near MRT and amenties, but FH are further away:tongue3:

chan_ww
13-04-09, 12:31
Went to the showflat on Sunday... I must say the pricing for Mi Casa is too steep for CCK area. They quote me a pool facing unit (stack 11) for +700psf after discount!?!?:scared-1: I dun remember Warren transcated at such price... even during the 07/08 peak.

Salute to all those that brought Mi Casa.

franzmark
13-04-09, 12:43
Did you say freeholds are far from amenities? What about Citysquare Residences, Parc Emily and a range of condos at Mt Sophia, arent they just less than 5 minutes walking distance to the MRT and amenities and even nearer to town than Mi Casa. There are also loads of condos that are freehold near MRT, you just need to spend your spare time searching through the condo directory....(you >>>:banghead: )

That's why most LH properties are very near MRT and amenties, but FH are further away:tongue3:

franzmark
13-04-09, 12:46
$700psf is almost the price of a freehold citysquare unit in D8 near town, so it is definitely expensive. For those who think they have struck gold becoz it is near lot one, by all means get a unit there at $700 or even $800psf.:D

Went to the showflat on Sunday... I must say the pricing for Mi Casa is too steep for CCK area. They quote me a pool facing unit (stack 11) for +700psf after discount!?!?:scared-1: I dun remember Warren transcated at such price... even during the 07/08 peak.

smarian
13-04-09, 13:14
Below $500 psf would be fair value and worth to consider.:)

franzmark
13-04-09, 13:26
i agree.....:)

jonleelk
13-04-09, 13:31

Don't think MiCasa will ever reach this low level from FEO. The land cost is already $200++ psf, plus construction cost of $250psf...

jonleelk
13-04-09, 14:21

Was told Mi Casa sold another ~150 units over the weekend of public launch...

isaaclim
13-04-09, 14:55
Don't think MiCasa will ever reach this low level from FEO. The land cost is already $200++ psf, plus construction cost of $250psf...

Ya... They have holding power. Hold until even some of their agents also give up. :)

rayray
13-04-09, 15:53
Did you say freeholds are far from amenities? What about Citysquare Residences, Parc Emily and a range of condos at Mt Sophia, arent they just less than 5 minutes walking distance to the MRT and amenities and even nearer to town than Mi Casa. There are also loads of condos that are freehold near MRT, you just need to spend your spare time searching through the condo directory....(you >>>:banghead: )

Pardon my ignorance......:)

rayray
13-04-09, 16:02
Was told Mi Casa sold another ~150 units over the weekend of public launch...

Hi Bro,
according to your post 141, you mentioned ~130 units sold during soft launch, plus another 150 units sold over weekend, total ~280 units sold. WOW!!! FEO had sold 60% of the units of the total project even though with the high psf:scared-1:

jonleelk
13-04-09, 16:21
Hi Bro,
according to your post 141, you mentioned ~130 units sold during soft launch, plus another 150 units sold over weekend, total ~280 units sold. WOW!!! FEO had sold 60% of the units of the total project even though with the high psf:scared-1:

The number of units sold was told to me by an FEO agent. What to do...there must really be many CCK/Yew Tee/Teck Whye upgraders who had been waiting until neck long long to upgrade since The Warren TOP in 2004. :doh: Good news for them is that with so many units sold, FEO can start work soon, and buyers will have a chance of early TOP before the declared 2014.

vale
13-04-09, 23:24
The number of units sold was told to me by an FEO agent. What to do...there must really be many CCK/Yew Tee/Teck Whye upgraders who had been waiting until neck long long to upgrade since The Warren TOP in 2004. :doh: Good news for them is that with so many units sold, FEO can start work soon, and buyers will have a chance of early TOP before the declared 2014.

So Bro, we juz wait for price to drop further or until someone cannot tahan the loan and give up. We got the time ..... Anyway, my current unit was bought after legal completion at a lower price than launch price, and best of all it was not occupied before, as good as new ! So, sometimes it's worth the wait.

Moreover, 2 plots of land beside Micasa could possibly develop into condos too, as CCK Ave 3 extension will be built around Micasa and the 2 plots of land (u can already see part of the road completed beside the Mosque).

jonleelk
13-04-09, 23:32
So Bro, we juz wait for price to drop further or until someone cannot tahan the loan and give up. We got the time ..... Anyway, my current unit was bought after legal completion at a lower price than launch price, and best of all it was not occupied before, as good as new ! So, sometimes it's worth the wait.

Moreover, 2 plots of land beside Micasa could possibly develop into condos too, as CCK Ave 3 extension will be built around Micasa and the 2 plots of land (u can already see part of the road completed beside the Mosque).

Bro, the 2 plots u referring to are both to the right of micasa, towards the mosque? Or one plot to the left of micasa, the other plot to the right of micasa?

Currently, there is an empty plot between the shell station and micasa. That plot will be lagi nearer to lot 1. :D FEO tells me that is part of CCK Park, but CCK Park ends even before the shell station.

franzmark
13-04-09, 23:37
CCK into a condo hub? really hard to envisage...

Bro, the 2 plots u referring to are both to the right of micasa, towards the mosque? Or one plot to the left of micasa, the other plot to the right of micasa?

Currently, there is an empty plot between the shell station and micasa. That plot will be lagi nearer to lot 1. :D FEO tells me that is part of CCK Park, but CCK Park ends even before the shell station.

vale
13-04-09, 23:51

Ya, the land btw Micasa n Mosque. Since road is built, what do think they will do next? Make it into a pasar malam site ? :tsk-tsk:

If it were meant for new HDB, then I'll feel sorry for those who bought that side of Micasa, what's the difference of staying in a condo when u open up yr windows and u still see HDB surrounding u? U rather pay HDB price for an HDB for the same view !

vale
14-04-09, 00:02
CCK into a condo hub? really hard to envisage...

It's possible, see Woodlands Rosewood, Casablanca that stretch, once a road is built, many devt can start.

franzmark
14-04-09, 00:18
i also see that happening in bedok reservoir...for own stay, not comments, but for investment, i doubt such places will have much capital appreciation...

It's possible, see Woodlands Rosewood, Casablanca that stretch, once a road is built, many devt can start.

rayray
14-04-09, 09:54

Ho Bro, apparently, the FEO guys maybe right. Please refer to attached link from URA : http://www.ura.gov.sg/pwbid/pwb-elgparks.htm
The current empty plot of land from current Choa Chu Kang Town Park to the new road which will be build beside Mi Casa will be used as a proposed park extension.

So, the next plot between Mi Casa and mosque maybe earmark for residential development.

propertysale01
14-04-09, 10:43
Ho Bro, apparently, the FEO guys maybe right. Please refer to attached link from URA : http://www.ura.gov.sg/pwbid/pwb-elgparks.htm
The current empty plot of land from current Choa Chu Kang Town Park to the new road which will be build beside Mi Casa will be used as a proposed park extension.

So, the next plot between Mi Casa and mosque maybe earmark for residential development.

Review point:

As what i believe, the government are really extending the attractiveness of Singapore land from one point to another. The initial strategy point was initially usual Orchard Prime area, but now, over time, the government are swaying from one properous planning from one zone to another, this spelt the competency of governement's effort to compete not only locally but also internationally to use as a pulling force for overseas expatriates to observe and be attracted to stay in Singapore, even though we are just one tiny dot on the overall world. Our growing phenomenal are not to be prejudged, as oversea expatriates know that Singapore has a strong growing element in us..especially...during this unforgiving recession period, Orchard area are growing with Orchard Central, Icon, and many more buildings along the path.

MiCasa would be one point of niche entry along the path extension planning done up by the government. This shows that a barren land with strong effort of content management by URA, would show promise of prosperity..in the next 3 to 5 years time. Time will reveal everything soon..

jonleelk
14-04-09, 11:44

Wah...then micasa tower As that are facing the empty forest now next time will have swee swee park view. FEO should increase the psf by another $5 for those units. :D

But minus another $5psf for the west sun...so nett nett same same. :spliff:

franzmark
14-04-09, 12:50
if condo cant have either park view, pool view, city view, sea view or nature view, wat is the point of paying premium to live in a condo? Condos near town can compensate on view a little due to density but condos in the suburbs with no gd view is negative
Wah...then micasa tower As that are facing the empty forest now next time will have swee swee park view. FEO should increase the psf by another $5 for those units. :D

rayray
14-04-09, 13:22

But those facing pool view is priced more than those facing park view by FEO.
Hence, look like the pool itself must be nicely done up beautifully in order to command a high psf. Time will tell on the pool surrounding when the project TOP.

jonleelk
14-04-09, 14:05
But those facing pool view is priced more than those facing park view by FEO.
Hence, look like the pool itself must be nicely done up beautifully in order to command a high psf. Time will tell on the pool surrounding when the project TOP.

But the park view units all sold out first...

franzmark
14-04-09, 15:43
my friend living in a hillview condo facing the pool complained that it is damn noisy with kids playing in it during weekend so i don't understand what so good about pool facing. i would rather have greenery facing which is more peaceful to look at...just my opinion