PDA

View Full Version : The Warren - sharing of info

jonleelk
31-03-09, 11:54
With Mi Casa selling at such high price, those interested in CCK development will likely also start looking at The Warren. As there is not much info on this development here, I'm starting a thread and hope all bros will share their views about this development which TOP in 2004.

:)

beverly
31-03-09, 13:36
In terms of facade, I personally find that Northvale (next to Warren, but much older) looks better and the management just repainted Northvale. Didn't quite like the facade of Warren with the blue/green/yellow .
Price wise, north vale is relatively cheaper too.
Facilities, both are comparable.
In terms of location, both are across the Bus Interchange and very accessible to Lot one,MRT and nearby amenities

jonleelk
31-03-09, 15:08
Anyone knows the psf price of Warren when it just TOP?

soul118
31-03-09, 15:52
Hi,

hear say that tis project NorthVale had lots of problem with celing leakage since TOP. The agent that brought us to some units viewing last year also agreed & say to look out for sign of roof leaking when viewing. We got scare off the idea of Northvale as compare to Warren. But warren pricing aso very stiff for past 1~2 years. tink that's why Micasa can price high.

Good luck.

zoros
31-03-09, 20:54
In CCK central, current condos ard are just The Warren and Northvale.

Warren is developed by one of the best quality developer, MCL Land, and is about 4yrs since TOP. Northvale basically is more than 10yrs old, and if one looks carefully, it's easy to see that design of Northvale is under those "older version" of Condos, especially if you compare the Windows for BOTH Northvale and The Warren.

It's quite a known fact that some units @ Northvale has water seepage and leaking issues, esp. known to those familiar agents.

So overall, you are looking at a just 4 yrs old condo vs a > 10 yrs old condo.

Others to note, Warren has 2 vehicle exits while Northvale has just 1 main exit.

Hi,

hear say that tis project NorthVale had lots of problem with celing leakage since TOP. The agent that brought us to some units viewing last year also agreed & say to look out for sign of roof leaking when viewing. We got scare off the idea of Northvale as compare to Warren. But warren pricing aso very stiff for past 1~2 years. tink that's why Micasa can price high.

Good luck.

jonleelk
31-03-09, 22:50
Went to see 2 units of The Warren this evening. Now I really experienced "too near" to a transport hub. The place is a bit noisy. Don't get the "home to a resort" type of feeling.

Because of micasa, The Warren owners have increased their asking price. Both units asking close to $600 psf neg.

:(

beverly
31-03-09, 23:15
I think Warren was 500+ psf when launched, I have a friend who bought a unit at Warren , a 4 bedder, and with bay windows and his unit is not facing the MRT track and it's on the other end .Oh, didn't know about the water leakage problems at Northvale, sounds like it is poorly maintained .

vale
01-04-09, 22:01
I think Warren was 500+ psf when launched, I have a friend who bought a unit at Warren , a 4 bedder, and with bay windows and his unit is not facing the MRT track and it's on the other end .Oh, didn't know about the water leakage problems at Northvale, sounds like it is poorly maintained .
It's not maintenance problem, I think more of a wear-and-tear over the 10+ years. The owners should have requested free repair by the developer, and get all repaired by now as the developer's warranty has just expired not too long ago.

I have been to the soft-launch of Warren, if not because the developer didn't want to release the unit we have selected, we would have moved (from 2 bdroom in NV to 3 bdroom in Warren). But after it was completed, we have 2nd thought: it's just too near to the bus terminal only entrance, bus+mrt noise may be worse than just suffering from MRT noise in Northvale. SMRT maintenance on tracks/trains has got worse, it was not so noisy several years ago.

Having stayed in Northvale for the past 8+ years and seen a few new projects launched recently, I feel that Northvale has the most greenery. There are lots of grass patches/open spaces that you won't find in mass-market devt now. Micasa is so cramp, blocks are so close together, there is even little space between the edge of the swimming pool and the blocks.

I would say NV is value for money, Warren is good if u want a newer devt. Micasa is too ex. Palm Garden is far from amenities, compared to NV/Warren/Micasa. Of course, for buying any old unit, caveat emptor applies.

beverly
01-04-09, 22:28
It's not maintenance problem, I think more of a wear-and-tear over the 10+ years. The owners should have requested free repair by the developer, and get all repaired by now as the developer's warranty has just expired not too long ago.

I have been to the soft-launch of Warren, if not because the developer didn't want to release the unit we have selected, we would have moved (from 2 bdroom in NV to 3 bdroom in Warren). But after it was completed, we have 2nd thought: it's just too near to the bus terminal only entrance, bus+mrt noise may be worse than just suffering from MRT noise in Northvale. SMRT maintenance on tracks/trains has got worse, it was not so noisy several years ago.

Having stayed in Northvale for the past 8+ years and seen a few new projects launched recently, I feel that Northvale has the most greenery. There are lots of grass patches/open spaces that you won't find in mass-market devt now. Micasa is so cramp, blocks are so close together, there is even little space between the edge of the swimming pool and the blocks.

I would say NV is value for money, Warren is good if u want a newer devt. Micasa is too ex. Palm Garden is far from amenities, compared to NV/Warren/Micasa. Of course, for buying any old unit, caveat emptor applies.

Yes, Agree that Northvale is value for money .. the facilities in the compound are pretty good, and spacious too. 2 yrs back, one of the penthouse was going for slightly more than 700k, almost 3000 sq ft, but half is occupied by the open terrace which is not live in space.
As for MiCasa, can't get pass the fact that it is a replica of the La Casa, and the lack of originality , coupled with the higher than average pricing in CCK area.

vale
03-04-09, 00:46
Yes, Agree that Northvale is value for money .. the facilities in the compound are pretty good, and spacious too. 2 yrs back, one of the penthouse was going for slightly more than 700k, almost 3000 sq ft, but half is occupied by the open terrace which is not live in space.
As for MiCasa, can't get pass the fact that it is a replica of the La Casa, and the lack of originality , coupled with the higher than average pricing in CCK area.

That guy is actually buying a 4 bedrm unit at $700k ! A useable space of 160+sqm, and it's a penthouse, so not that bad at all at ~$400/sqft !

beverly
03-04-09, 09:22
That guy is actually buying a 4 bedrm unit at $700k ! A useable space of 160+sqm, and it's a penthouse, so not that bad at all at ~$400/sqft !

Not sure how much the original seller bought it for, but he was migrating and willing to let go at slightly more than 700k. The open terrace space on top is huge, but not live in space and it's hard to maintain and it's more like a yard to put junk from what I saw.

vale
06-04-09, 23:32
Not sure how much the original seller bought it for, but he was migrating and willing to let go at slightly more than 700k. The open terrace space on top is huge, but not live in space and it's hard to maintain and it's more like a yard to put junk from what I saw.

It may cost a million at that time, as a studio unit costs ~$500k and a 2bedder ~$700k during launch. Those are the prices at property mkt peak. So, in such a gloomy economic condition now, Micasa is comparatively too ex.

Looking back at some of the launching price lists of Warren (ya, I still keep them as reference), it's a pity that we didn't select another unit as 2nd or 3rd choice at that time (I was overseas). Anyway, we will be stucked in CCK for many years (kids studying here), so it will be Warren, Micasa or even within NV, for upsizing.

vale
06-04-09, 23:49
Anyone knows the psf price of Warren when it just TOP?

Just digged out the price list (only partial, have all blks but not all units) during launch. Got different psf for different blks and floors. I just take the blk that I like at that time as an example: Blk 53, unit 29, ~$460-480 aft discount for 1238sqft 3 bedrm :banghead::banghead::banghead:

zoros
06-04-09, 23:59
Just digged out the price list (only partial, have all blks but not all units) during launch. Got different psf for different blks and floors. I just take the blk that I like at that time as an example: Blk 53, unit 29, ~$460-480 aft discount for 1238sqft 3 bedrm :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Hi Vale

Do you have the psf for Blk 53, unit 30 of 1302 sqft unit during launch?

Thks

vale
07-04-09, 00:25

Ops, sorry, after double check with the site plan, the blk I like most at that time shd be blk 51 not 53. An example of unit 24 is ~$470-500psf aft disc

vale
07-04-09, 00:28
Hi Vale

Do you have the psf for Blk 53, unit 30 of 1302 sqft unit during launch?

Thks

Ya, u r lucky, I got 2nd fl to 13fl (except 8fl), $454-480psf

vale
07-04-09, 00:37
So, u can see, Micasa's launch price is >25% higher comparing with Warren (both aft disc and during soft launch) ! That's within 7+years (late 2001 and now).

vale
07-04-09, 10:28
Does anyone know of any free online repository that keeps the siteplan and unit floorplan of condos launched over the years? I guess some of u might encounter the lack of info problem as me while searching for completed properties.

Currently, the only way is to get it from agent(if he has) or go for actual viewing, but sometimes, u just want to take a look on paper b4 even making a call.

bhavesh
12-04-09, 15:42
With Mi Casa selling at such high price, those interested in CCK development will likely also start looking at The Warren. As there is not much info on this development here, I'm starting a thread and hope all bros will share their views about this development which TOP in 2004.

:)
Can anyone help me to decide which is the best condo for investment as well as staying Guilin view, warren, parc oasis north wale or floravale?

which is the best psf price for each condo:confused:

gohll
13-04-09, 11:03
I'm one of those turned off by Mi Casa exhorbitant price and low quality materials.

Went to view a unit at The Warren, high floor, offering just below $900K. Pool view. Love the unit, bright, breezy and very well maintained. BUT can't stand the noise! MRT station and bus interchange right in front of 2 of the bedrooms & kitchen windows (each bus that comes in and pulls out creates alot of engine noise, the MRT too). Expressway on the balcony side, could hear the motorbikes zoom zoom zoom (higher floor, louder noise). Noise from all directions and it's going to be all day long (can't imagine having to bear with the noise of buses and MRT that start operation from 5+ in the morning?!! unless you close all the windows and switch on the aircon all day).

gohll
13-04-09, 15:11
I would still consider Mi Casa if only the materials are better with the kind of price it's asking for (wish it's marble for the flooring & toilet walls, better wardrobe wood & accessories...that's my personal preference). Comparing with Warren, I think Mi Casa location is better, quieter and it's a brand new development. But the price and the kind of materials offered don't seem to gel.....

gohll
15-04-09, 11:21
The Warren unit that I viewed has very nice marble flooring in the living room and toilets. As mentioned previously, my personal preference and perception of 'better quality' materials are marble flooring (at least for the living room, and a bonus if the toilet walls are also of marble), solid wood for wardrobe and kitchen cabinets and more durable internal gadgets/accessories for drawers, etc.

Homogenous/ceramic tiles are to me; 'low quality', especially for a condo unit that costs close to $1M. It's difficult for me to commit to plonk down so much $$$ when it offers only these kind of materials.

Snail
21-04-09, 16:39
I stay on a lower flower in Blk 59, 4-br. Convenience was the main reason to move there 2-yrs ago as well as general layout of pools etc.

Overlook condo entrance, pool, clubhouse, bus i'change entrance though the MRT is far enough away not to hear unless the wind blows a certain way at a certain time.

The noise can get a bit much at times, especially after a long day but at night i close up to get some rest from the noise and wind down for bed.....also, wind drops to zero after dark and it can get a bit warm inside - the blocks directly opposite the main entrance i think are cooler at night.

The windows are great, really great.....cut out a lot of noise for night time.

For some reason we have a faulty window in one room letting water in when it rains heavily. Also one wall in our main room seems to suffer water ingress from the main wall outside. Cannot see cracks or anything so at the moment no idea where it's coming from and will get that checked soon.

Some of the wood in the kitchen cabinets, and those of some of the built in wardrobes are beginning to show signs of age. Some of the drawer runners no longer fit, for some strange reason.

The main a/c blower in the main room needs to be constantly cleaned. One of the service guys told me it was a design flaw in the layout of the drainage pipes that causes them to always "furr-up" and the unit in the master bedroom is the same, though not as bad.

Overall.......7/10

wreckwrx
26-04-09, 16:31
Nice condo ground and I like the way they layout the pools and jacuzzis...

Was considering The Warren but maybe my timing was bad because it was around the same time that Mi Casa did their launch and interest in cck spiked...

Almost all available units in the The Warren were snapped up even before I had the opportunity to view them.... which even my agent felt was weird because there were a lot of listings in his company's data base in the months prior to that....

I visited the neighboring development, Northvale instead but somehow the layout just feels dated and pales in comparison to The Warren.....

28-04-09, 17:54
seems like the warren not that popular...:confused:

RacNic
18-05-09, 18:18
Actaully for The Warren, it largely depends which unit you are interested. I had viewed units that face dthe highway and the noise is unbearable unless you close all windows (which is sound proof) and on the aircon. This is not possible at all.

Thus, you should choose units that faced the pools (including the balcony). I am currently living in Blk 49 and would say that the noise is still bearable except that the dust that is casued by the buses and MRT may be a bit more as my blk/unit is not blocked by any buildings. This is a small price to pay if you want to live near all amenities.

Comparing the prices offered by MiCasa and The Warren, I would say that The Warren is still a better buy and a hsort walking distance to interchange (especially when raining) and eateries.

vale
19-05-09, 14:07
Actaully for The Warren, it largely depends which unit you are interested. I had viewed units that face dthe highway and the noise is unbearable unless you close all windows (which is sound proof) and on the aircon. This is not possible at all.

Thus, you should choose units that faced the pools (including the balcony). I am currently living in Blk 49 and would say that the noise is still bearable except that the dust that is casued by the buses and MRT may be a bit more as my blk/unit is not blocked by any buildings. This is a small price to pay if you want to live near all amenities.

Comparing the prices offered by MiCasa and The Warren, I would say that The Warren is still a better buy and a hsort walking distance to interchange (especially when raining) and eateries.

So, u must be staying at unit 20/23 as these 2 units get "direct hit" of the noise from the buses. Is lower floor less affected?

RacNic
20-05-09, 14:20
So, u must be staying at unit 20/23 as these 2 units get "direct hit" of the noise from the buses. Is lower floor less affected?

Maybe as sounds travel but the noise level is not as bad as if you are staying right besides the MRT track (which I had experienced before).

It is still bearable but it is a small price to pay ( in my own opinion) for the conveniences, which is why I choose to buy The Warren in the first place. For those who like the quietness, then The Warren and Northvale may not be suitable for them as the traffic (including human) is quite heavy.

HCL
20-05-09, 14:56
Maybe as sounds travel but the noise level is not as bad as if you are staying right besides the MRT track (which I had experienced before).

It is still bearable but it is a small price to pay ( in my own opinion) for the conveniences, which is why I choose to buy The Warren in the first place. For those who like the quietness, then The Warren and Northvale may not be suitable for them as the traffic (including human) is quite heavy.
I have visited Blk 41 before. It is the best facing as Living and all the 3 bed rooms are inward unblock facing pool view. The unit is far from MRT track and not directly facing the road. Only set back is the kitchen is a bit dark as the light is being blocked. The agent shows me the last one year transaction price was above $700k for 1216 sqf size or above $600/sqf. The $ per SQF is higher than other block as agent told me this is due to premium facing and location.

RacNic
20-05-09, 15:18
I have visited Blk 41 before. It is the best facing as Living and all the 3 bed rooms are inward unblock facing pool view. The unit is far from MRT track and not directly facing the road. Only set back is the kitchen is a bit dark as the light is being blocked. The agent shows me the last one year transaction price was above $700k for 1216 sqf size or above $600/sqf. The $ per SQF is higher than other block as agent told me this is due to premium facing and location.

I think the blk you are referring faces the lap pool which is indeed unblocked and a bit far from the noises . Anyway, The Warren has quite a number of layouts for 2-bedder and 3 bedder. Mayb, u can ask your agent to show another layout for those blks that face the long lap pool. I bought my resale unit two years ago at about 470/psf which I know that I would not be able to get this kind of price anymore (somemore with amenities/transportation) nearby... Look at Mi Casa price........

vale
20-05-09, 22:07
I think the blk you are referring faces the lap pool which is indeed unblocked and a bit far from the noises . Anyway, The Warren has quite a number of layouts for 2-bedder and 3 bedder. Mayb, u can ask your agent to show another layout for those blks that face the long lap pool. I bought my resale unit two years ago at about 470/psf which I know that I would not be able to get this kind of price anymore (somemore with amenities/transportation) nearby... Look at Mi Casa price........

:cheers1:Wah! If yours is mid to low floor, you are actually buying it at developer's price (after discount) in 2001 ! You are really lucky !

RacNic
21-05-09, 11:42
:cheers1:Wah! If yours is mid to low floor, you are actually buying it at developer's price (after discount) in 2001 ! You are really lucky !

Yeah, I totally agree with you. I am lucky i guess cos the unit is also very well maintained....

vale
21-05-09, 14:24
Yeah, I totally agree with you. I am lucky i guess cos the unit is also very well maintained....

It's impossible to get a 3 bedrm one at $500psf now ! Too bad, the developer didn't want to release the unit we choose during launch in 2001, so end up didn't buy although all the paperwork have already been prepared. It's really a good buy at that time.

Now, thinking of upsizing, so looking around either within Northvale or Warren for a 3bedrm or a 2+study. Anyone interested to sell can PM me.

vale
24-05-09, 12:10
Yesterday visited Warren for the first time (no mood to visit after being "rejected" in 2001). Glad that my choice of the stack in 2001 was correct, it is still the top few best unit in the devt. Even the agent admit so. The open house stack was just next to my 2001's choice. Somebody offer him $565psf and waiting there for the open house to end. Since got offer, I left, no point bidding with another person.

Felt that the place is very cramp, compared to Northvale. Even the walkway in the devt also quite narrow, u are almost like walking at the edge of the swimming pool. There seems no way for kids to ride a bike within the garden, I guess they got to ride on the road surrounding the devt ! To those who like water/swim, this is a good place, with so many pools.

Btw, the fountain near the lap pool is noisy, I wonder if they switched it off at nite, similar to the one at the main entrance. The units nearby must be wearing hearing protection all day!

Surprisingly the units at block 41, 45 and left-side of 47 are so soothingly quiet. The space in front (lap pool) let u feel a sense of relieve from the lack of space in the central and eastern side of the devt.

beverly
25-05-09, 09:17
Yesterday visited Warren for the first time (no mood to visit after being "rejected" in 2001). Glad that my choice of the stack in 2001 was correct, it is still the top few best unit in the devt. Even the agent admit so. The open house stack was just next to my 2001's choice. Somebody offer him $565psf and waiting there for the open house to end. Since got offer, I left, no point bidding with another person.

Felt that the place is very cramp, compared to Northvale. Even the walkway in the devt also quite narrow, u are almost like walking at the edge of the swimming pool. There seems no way for kids to ride a bike within the garden, I guess they got to ride on the road surrounding the devt ! To those who like water/swim, this is a good place, with so many pools.

Btw, the fountain near the lap pool is noisy, I wonder if they switched it off at nite, similar to the one at the main entrance. The units nearby must be wearing hearing protection all day!

Surprisingly the units at block 41, 45 and left-side of 47 are so soothingly quiet. The space in front (lap pool) let u feel a sense of relieve from the lack of space in the central and eastern side of the devt.

I went to view Warren Penthouse yesterday afternoon, Blk 59.
It is a 4 bedder, single storey with balcony that stretches from the living area to the master bedroom. Wastage of balcony space, with noon sun.
It was move in condition, as in no need to renovate, but nothing to shout about, doesn't even feel like a penthouse at all - looks more like a normal 4 bedder unit to me if you take away that long stretch of balcony. with noon sun, and worst still, it faces other units, cluttered feeling.
Owner asking for 930k for 1650 sq ft of this penthouse. They rejected previous offer at 850k, and 900k. I pressed on to ask about the bank valuation, agent said the way the bank valuate the place is not accurate etc , I pressed on further, she said bank valuation is about 880k-910k.

Warren has nice pools etc .. but the estate is way too cluttered.

RacNic
25-05-09, 14:33

Yes, the lap pool is often quiet for most of the time. Even if there any people swimming, it is usually serious swimmers who are doing laps in the pool.

As for the fountain near the lap pool, it is indeed "noisy" if you want to call it but to us, who are staying nearby, it is like living in a resort with a "waterfall" kind of feeling.

Acutally, when someone asked me earlier if the nosies created by the buses in the interchange is unbearable, I am at a loss too as I dont seem to hear that much of the noises... Is it because I am too used to the noises that I did not realise it? I asked myself?

Then, I try to stand at the balcony and realised that it is actually the noise of the fountain that minimise the noises projected by the buses. Mayb not many pple can take it but it is still acceptable for me.

FYI, the fountain will be switched on at 11am every day and off at 10.00pm every night.

However, I do agree that the walkway is indeed too cramp and not much space to cycle except the area near the fitness corner (under the MRT track). Again, the question is, what are you looking for when buying a property......

zoros
25-05-09, 15:07
Hi

I'm also a warren resident. For kids wanting to cycle, there is a running/cycling track just behind the 2 Tennis Courts. Guess i dun think much house agents bother to bring buyers to there to see, thus not many outsiders knew it. The area is directly underneath the MRT tracks.

IMO, it's better to buy warren unit than micasa if we look into the pricing factor alone. In terms of distance, warren is nearer to lot 1/mrt station than micasa. For residents of micasa, they have to cross the major town road.

wreckwrx
25-05-09, 17:17
Whoah... seems like there are a few Warren owners around here...

I was looking at this development a few months back... Nice condo grounds and I particularly like those individual jacuzzi pavilions. Very convenient in terms of proximity to the MRT/ Interchange and the shopping mall.

Unfortunately due to the "Mi Casa" effect, Warren also suddenly became very hot and sellers started to up their asking compared to the few months before the launch of Mi Casa despite all the economic data telling us that we are in a "deep recession".... :doh:

vale
25-05-09, 21:53
Ya, I visited the jogging track (as labelled in the sitemap inside the brochure in 2001) under the MRT track. Kind of small, not much space for kids to play badminton/basketball/football/cycle safely. I actually saw 1 ang moh who brought her kids all the way to CCK park to cycle when I walk back home.

If yr kids like to swim, this is really a good place, with kids activity pool. And there are 3 Jacuzzi Pavilions for those who like some aqua massage, plus 1 main pool and a lap pool to swim.

Personally, feel very stuffy inside Warren ground, too congested. Btw, also visited Maysprings last weekend, feel so much better with the open spaces, just like Northvale. May be I'm a bit Claustrophobic :confused:

Ya, unfortunately the price increased a lot now due to Micasa and P1 registration (within 1km of South View/ De La Salle). If I were to buy Warren, it will definitely be due to price (when it drops), else, I would rather consider upsize within Northvale.

Btw, I'm looking either to upsize my unit and/or buy another unit for investment purpose, so looking at both big and small units and several areas at the same time.

RacNic
26-05-09, 10:47
Whoah... seems like there are a few Warren owners around here...

I was looking at this development a few months back... Nice condo grounds and I particularly like those individual jacuzzi pavilions. Very convenient in terms of proximity to the MRT/ Interchange and the shopping mall.

Unfortunately due to the "Mi Casa" effect, Warren also suddenly became very hot and sellers started to up their asking compared to the few months before the launch of Mi Casa despite all the economic data telling us that we are in a "deep recession".... :doh:

Yeah, becasue the selling price of Mi Casa is so much higher. In addiiton, I also find that the kitchen in Mi Casa too small for comfort with the basin located outside the toilet (at the kitchen) instead of in the toilet, although the rooms are well spacious.

beverly
26-05-09, 12:24
Ya, I visited the jogging track (as labelled in the sitemap inside the brochure in 2001) under the MRT track. Kind of small, not much space for kids to play badminton/basketball/football/cycle safely. I actually saw 1 ang moh who brought her kids all the way to CCK park to cycle when I walk back home.

If yr kids like to swim, this is really a good place, with kids activity pool. And there are 3 Jacuzzi Pavilions for those who like some aqua massage, plus 1 main pool and a lap pool to swim.

Personally, feel very stuffy inside Warren ground, too congested. Btw, also visited Maysprings last weekend, feel so much better with the open spaces, just like Northvale. May be I'm a bit Claustrophobic :confused:

Ya, unfortunately the price increased a lot now due to Micasa and P1 registration (within 1km of South View/ De La Salle). If I were to buy Warren, it will definitely be due to price (when it drops), else, I would rather consider upsize within Northvale.

Btw, I'm looking either to upsize my unit and/or buy another unit for investment purpose, so looking at both big and small units and several areas at the same time.

Will people buy Mi Casa just because of South View and De La Salle school ? I mean, these are not top notch schools or cream of the crop , but def are the better ones in this area .. but will that be a major selling point or a just a fringe benefit ?

Mi casa - not even built yet so can't see what the actual thing looks like , esp it is commanding such a high price .. Warren def better buy.

HCL
26-05-09, 12:44

I stayed in Maysprings before. The 2 blocks are quite a distance to each other. One of the setback the garden is not so friendly to kids and senior citizens. There are many staircase and the garden / pool are split into few levels.

I am a frequent visitors to Northvale and Warren. It is true that the Warren is congested during weekend (actually same as Northvale which was very crowed during weekend). The development has a 3 big pools (lap pool (12 x 35m), main pool, kid pool and fun pool) with total of 1800+ sqm pools size, which is considered quite big compare with other developments. The tradeoff is the cut back the garden space. Northvale outside look nicer than Warren but the quality and finishing is so so... I visited Warren during weekday at night and find it is quite peaceful. This is espcially so for those blocks beside lap pool. The lighting is beautify at night.

zoros
26-05-09, 13:50
Yes. i been to many condos these yrs and IMO warren has one of the niciest pool scene esp. at nite within the west/west-central part of the island.

I stayed in Maysprings before. The 2 blocks are quite a distance to each other. One of the setback the garden is not so friendly to kids and senior citizens. There are many staircase and the garden / pool are split into few levels.

I am a frequent visitors to Northvale and Warren. It is true that the Warren is congested during weekend (actually same as Northvale which was very crowed during weekend). The development has a 3 big pools (lap pool (12 x 35m), main pool, kid pool and fun pool) with total of 1800+ sqm pools size, which is considered quite big compare with other developments. The tradeoff is the cut back the garden space. Northvale outside look nicer than Warren but the quality and finishing is so so... I visited Warren during weekday at night and find it is quite peaceful. This is espcially so for those blocks beside lap pool. The lighting is beautify at night.

vale
27-05-09, 00:12
Will people buy Mi Casa just because of South View and De La Salle school ? I mean, these are not top notch schools or cream of the crop , but def are the better ones in this area .. but will that be a major selling point or a just a fringe benefit ?

Mi casa - not even built yet so can't see what the actual thing looks like , esp it is commanding such a high price .. Warren def better buy.

I'm referring to Warren, not Micasa, I think the price increase is driven by Micasa fever and P1 registration (in 2 months time).

Usually, if one stay at a place long enough, he just don't wanna move out of the area, as such, rather move within the area and preferably near a relatively good school if the kids are due for P1. I think that's also the reason u are looking at CCK/Hillview/Bt Timah area and not other corners of S'pore.

Side track a bit, I think I rather be the "cream" of a neighbourhood school than a "residue" of a elite school. The psychological effect is much desirable on the learning journey :cheers1:. So, no point fighting for a place in elite school and suffer, well, unless yr kid is a genius and remain so for all 6 years in the school.:cool:

vale
27-05-09, 00:52
Yes. i been to many condos these yrs and IMO warren has one of the niciest pool scene esp. at nite within the west/west-central part of the island.
I agree with HCL and Zoro, swimmers will love Warren. And I like the blocks around the lap pool too, quiet and relaxing feel :sleep:.

I don't know abt others, if I were to choose a resort, I would rather find one with a view of open sea or view of grassland/paddyfield, definitely not a little congested garden with swimming pool. So, to me, Warren has little "resort" feel" :2cents:, but squeezee leh!

HCL, if u were to look around in Northvale, u will see that there are many open spaces for many activities, as such, it may not be as crowded as Warren (just compare the area of open spaces, u will know). There is definitely a wide open area between each block, be it a swimming pool, grass patch, playground, basketball court, putting green etc. Kids can also cycle around the estate and within the estate in a safe environment (not on the road).

For Maysprings, although the garden is not elderly/kid-friendly (landscaping also sub-standard), it's still a big open space that u seldom find in any new devt. Hmm.... big open space, could it mean better chance of en-block in future......?:D

HCL
27-05-09, 08:35
The3 current land in Maysprings can build up to 3.0 plot ratio according to 2008 Master Plan. If current Maysprings plot ratio is 2.1 or below, it shall have better chance of en block in the future espcially after Down Town MRT line is up in 2005.

RacNic
27-05-09, 09:30
I agree with HCL and Zoro, swimmers will love Warren. And I like the blocks around the lap pool too, quiet and relaxing feel :sleep:.

I don't know abt others, if I were to choose a resort, I would rather find one with a view of open sea or view of grassland/paddyfield, definitely not a little congested garden with swimming pool. So, to me, Warren has little "resort" feel" :2cents:, but squeezee leh!

HCL, if u were to look around in Northvale, u will see that there are many open spaces for many activities, as such, it may not be as crowded as Warren (just compare the area of open spaces, u will know). There is definitely a wide open area between each block, be it a swimming pool, grass patch, playground, basketball court, putting green etc. Kids can also cycle around the estate and within the estate in a safe environment (not on the road).

For Maysprings, although the garden is not elderly/kid-friendly (landscaping also sub-standard), it's still a big open space that u seldom find in any new devt. Hmm.... big open space, could it mean better chance of en-block in future......?:D

Personally, for me, I would still prefer a development with baclony (of cos must be big enough to put in chairs and table for relaxation) as it would provide a little more "resort" feeling. That is why I would still prefer warren to northvale.

beverly
27-05-09, 12:54
I'm referring to Warren, not Micasa, I think the price increase is driven by Micasa fever and P1 registration (in 2 months time).

Usually, if one stay at a place long enough, he just don't wanna move out of the area, as such, rather move within the area and preferably near a relatively good school if the kids are due for P1. I think that's also the reason u are looking at CCK/Hillview/Bt Timah area and not other corners of S'pore.

Side track a bit, I think I rather be the "cream" of a neighbourhood school than a "residue" of a elite school. The psychological effect is much desirable on the learning journey :cheers1:. So, no point fighting for a place in elite school and suffer, well, unless yr kid is a genius and remain so for all 6 years in the school.:cool:

Yes, agree that no point being the last in a good school.
Rather be a big fish in a small pond.

I am thinking of renting out my CCK point block and buying another units elsewhere to be nearer BT since that is their future pri school. I dun have much choice with the schools since I dun do volunteer work and dun believe in buying a place 1 km to school just to secure a place .
Pri registration in Jul.

vale
27-05-09, 14:11
Yes, agree that no point being the last in a good school.
Rather be a big fish in a small pond.

I am thinking of renting out my CCK point block and buying another units elsewhere to be nearer BT since that is their future pri school. I dun have much choice with the schools since I dun do volunteer work and dun believe in buying a place 1 km to school just to secure a place .
Pri registration in Jul.

Is that legal :confused:

Same as me, just happen to be 1km away, so ballot for fun and got it :cheers1:. I rather the kids go to a nearby school than to travel miles away for a good school, too tiring !

vale
27-05-09, 14:14
The3 current land in Maysprings can build up to 3.0 plot ratio according to 2008 Master Plan. If current Maysprings plot ratio is 2.1 or below, it shall have better chance of en block in the future espcially after Down Town MRT line is up in 2005.

It's 2015.

Hmm..... sure can consider ....:)

moneymatters
27-05-09, 14:43
Cashew Heights, Hazel Park Condo, Diary Farm and Maysprings are likely candidates for upwards plot ratio revision come 2013(next masterplan). Hazel not so likely as it faces MINDEF directly, Diary Farm may have height restriction as it is too close to Diary Farm Park and Bukit Timah Nature Reserve. That leave you with Cashew Heights and Maysprings as likely contenders. Both developments sit on huge piece of land. Do your homework. Your guess is as good as mine which one will be picked.

vale
27-05-09, 14:55
Cashew Heights, Hazel Park Condo, Diary Farm and Maysprings are likely candidates for upwards plot ratio revision come 2013(next masterplan). Hazel not so likely as it faces MINDEF directly, Diary Farm may have height restriction as it is too close to Diary Farm Park and Bukit Timah Nature Reserve. That leave you with Cashew Heights and Maysprings as likely contenders. Both developments sit on huge piece of land. Do your homework. Your guess is as good as mine which one will be picked.

Thanks for the info. I think Cashew Heights is further in, and it's 999, and does not have small units, so I would rather seek a unit in Maysprings (location, location, location) and can hold on for long term even without rental.

:doh: Ops, this is a Warren thread .... sorry..:ashamed1:

HCL
27-05-09, 15:33

What I understand Cashew Heights, Diary Farm and some other developments around that areas were talking for en bloc 2 years ago but did not materialized due to the down turn of property market last year. What I heard the residents in Diary Farm has a strong objection of en block. I am not sure what was the results in Cashew after the en block survey. If Cashew Height plot ratio can revise to 2.8 or more from current 2.1 (2008 Master Plan), the chance to get through will be higher.

beverly
27-05-09, 18:36
What I understand Cashew Heights, Diary Farm and some other developments around that areas were talking for en bloc 2 years ago but did not materialized due to the down turn of property market last year. What I heard the residents in Diary Farm has a strong objection of en block. I am not sure what was the results in Cashew after the en block survey. If Cashew Height plot ratio can revise to 2.8 or more from current 2.1 (2008 Master Plan), the chance to get through will be higher.

I read about the objection in DF on the en bloc somewhere too.
however anyone knows what is the price per psf for enbloc ?
note that good luck garden enbloc price was about 480 psf.
my friend in construction told me that the selling price will factor in
another $200-3++ psf . so if enbloc price is 600 psf, which means the new
condo built at that en bloc site will cost at least 600 + 200-3xx psf = 800-900 psf min. ??
if so, when buy at say 650 psf, can't earn from it ? Can enlighten me on this ?

vale
27-05-09, 21:51
I'm not in construction biz, but common sense tells me:

If a devt has 10 units of 1000 sqft each and because of revised plot ratio, it can now build 15 units.

If the en-bloc price is $600psf, developer pays to residents: 10X1000X600 =$6,000,000.

If construction cost of each new unit is $300psf, 15X1000X300 = $4,500,000

So, at breakeven, developer needs to sell each new unit at $(6,000,000+4,500,000)/15 = $700,000 or at $700psf

Because no. of current units and future units are different, u can't just simply add the psf.

Geylang OKT
28-05-09, 06:42

I have always been the creme de la creme in the elite skool of OKTs :D

Snail
23-06-09, 15:44
Personally, for me, I would still prefer a development with baclony (of cos must be big enough to put in chairs and table for relaxation) as it would provide a little more "resort" feeling. That is why I would still prefer warren to northvale.

I thought the balcony was a great idea for this too, sitting outside in the breeze to have a coffee and read the paper etc. but as soon as step outside, i don't know i feel like everybody's watching me. It's a bit scary actually maybe given opposite units are so close.

Basically balcony is now only used to dry clothes and for my 2-yr old to have his little waterplay.

Snail
23-06-09, 16:04
What I understand Cashew Heights, Diary Farm and some other developments around that areas were talking for en bloc 2 years ago but did not materialized due to the down turn of property market last year. What I heard the residents in Diary Farm has a strong objection of en block.

I had heard the DF owners were really against enbloc, fiercely so in some cases. I think DF has many owner/occupier so they have plenty space and a community feel.

I went to have a look around a unit there a few months back. Whilst the one unit i did see was very bad, old and neglected with a backside on DF Road, the actual development would have been great for my little boy. A short walk to the Railway Mall and of course the ucoming MRT line with a stop just outside.

Obviously in the shorter term that means a lot of construction and headaches together with really bad traffic but maybe longer term is still a good choice.

RacNic
25-06-09, 14:16
I thought the balcony was a great idea for this too, sitting outside in the breeze to have a coffee and read the paper etc. but as soon as step outside, i don't know i feel like everybody's watching me. It's a bit scary actually maybe given opposite units are so close.

Basically balcony is now only used to dry clothes and for my 2-yr old to have his little waterplay.

Yeah, initial, I was abit self conscious too but after a while, u will get used to it as everybidy mind their own business and not many pple stands on the balcony looking at one another.

Anyway, for me, a good indciation that a new owner has taken over a unit is seeing them standing at the balcony "admiring" the views (which we initial did, haha).

zoros
25-06-09, 15:11
Yeah, initial, I was abit self conscious too but after a while, u will get used to it as everybidy mind their own business and not many pple stands on the balcony looking at one another.

Anyway, for me, a good indciation that a new owner has taken over a unit is seeing them standing at the balcony "admiring" the views (which we initial did, haha).

So are you part of Warren family?

Geylang OKT
26-06-09, 02:41
Upper Bukit Timah is not bad. :D

But I personally abhor Maysprings due to its location and internal layout :scared-3:

RacNic
26-06-09, 14:23
So are you part of Warren family?
Yeap, u are right....

Happy owner since about 2years ago..

zoros
26-06-09, 17:43
Yeap, u are right....

Happy owner since about 2years ago..

Nice to know you anyway. I been in warren since TOP.

Reporter
12-04-10, 12:52
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii268/kcc0002/Today-1.jpg
Cashew Heights owners eye second shot
Azhar Khalid
TODAY
Monday, 12 April 2010

Owners of Cashew Heights condominium are planning to take a second shot at a collective sale after the first attempt fell through about 3 years ago.

Some 170 owners of the total 598 units in the estate signed a requisition on Saturday to hold an extra-ordinary general meeting (EGM) which will kick off the en-bloc sale process.

The date of the EGM has not been decided yet but the issues to be discussed include the formation of a sales committee, the appointment of a property consultant and lawyer, as well as considering the terms of the collective sale agreement (CSA).

This was disclosed in an unsigned letter sent to all owners on April 1 to seek their signatures for the requisition of an EGM.

According to a copy seen by MediaCorp, the letter said that "we are only at the initiation of the first step and we encourage and welcome all owners to attend the EGM when it is held and for those with relevant experience to step forward to serve."

To temper expectations, the letter also said that "Cashew Heights is a big project with a large plot of land and many owners and as such all matters pertaining to en bloc will have to move at a moderate speed unlike smaller projects".

Yet, the letter added that by starting the en bloc process early, the owners could perhaps catch the market peak when the deal is to be concluded.

While it is still early days to settle on a price, MediaCorp understands that some owners of larger-sized units in the condominium are already looking at payouts of close to $2 million each.

One owner, who lives in a 1,650 sqft unit and who wants to be known only as Mr Jeffrey, told MediaCorp,

"I'm already 60. If the price is right, in the $2 million plus bracket, I would love to sell and move on to a smaller unit in an HDB estate, continue to work part-time, kick back and relax."

Cashew Heights is a 999-year leasehold development located at Cashew Road in District 23, off Upper Bukit Timah Road. The first phase of the development was completed in 1985 and it was fully completed in 1992.

The resort-style condominium was developed by City Developments and comprises units with 2- and 3-bedrooms, and maisonettes. The unit sizes range from about 950 sqft to the bigger maisonette units which span about 1,900 sqft.

Analysts believe that while the en bloc process may be challenging, some are confident it will succeed this time round.

Mr Colin Tan, head of research and consultancy at Chesterton Suntec International, said: "Since this is the second time, the owners are more familiar with the en-bloc process and it can be successful now."

He also said there are owners in the estate which have not done major renovation works to their units for years in anticipation of a collective sale.

"They would be eager to agree to the collective sale if the price is right," Mr Tan said.

sunrise
13-01-12, 13:21
Nice to know you anyway. I been in warren since TOP.

I drop by the warren few days ago and notice the building paintworks was not properly maintain. this project only exist few years and why the building so run down, it suppose to repaint after every 5 years right?

peterng8
13-01-12, 13:56
I drop by the warren few days ago and notice the building paintworks was not properly maintain. this project only exist few years and why the building so run down, it suppose to repaint after every 5 years right?

yeah all greenish rite...not necc some 10 yrs than get painted..depend on mgmt, mostly use sinking fund so buy those which just get painted if not sinking fund not enough owners have to co pay...:o

sunrise
13-01-12, 14:05
yeah all greenish rite...not necc some 10 yrs than get painted..depend on mgmt, mostly use sinking fund so buy those which just get painted if not sinking fund not enough owners have to co pay...:o

I think the management never do work after collecting the maintenance fees. same like the mrt.

Regulators
13-01-12, 15:39
You interested to buy a unit there?

peterng8
13-01-12, 15:41
price almost the same as micasa now leh...vis a vis size or psf..:o

sunrise
14-01-12, 07:10
You interested to buy a unit there?

may consider a resale unit after they finish the building paintwork haha..
the location is much better than the micasa and rainforest. very near to the shops, mrt,bus interchange and highway.

apple3
14-01-12, 17:06

Wrong. (No offend but seem like I'm fated with you..)

BCA mandatory not more then 5 years. Less appeal.

http://www.bca.gov.sg/BMSM/bmsm_faqs.html#general_q20

20. How often do I have to paint my building?

Building owners are required to paint the external walls of their buildings at intervals of not more than five years. However, if the paintwork on your external walls is still in good condition after a period of five years, you may write to the Commissioner of Buildings for approval to delay the painting.

Loop hole.
Less TOP development which can take legal completion date so become 6-9 years.

zzz1
15-01-12, 04:17
may consider a resale unit after they finish the building paintwork haha..
the location is much better than the micasa and rainforest. very near to the shops, mrt,bus interchange and highway.
Their agm coming and there are series of proposal for upgrading of facilities (eg commom toilet upgrade , landscaping etc). . My opinion is that the Place is quite will maintenance ...not too bad for a 6-7 year plus condo ..

To me it seem good, now psf is about 700plus , the new ec over there is offering 700 plus also....

zzz1
15-01-12, 04:25
What I notices is the paintwork at the balcony external parapet is slightly greenish , seem like the when rain it get wet and these stack don face the sun will get these greenish algey stain ..

zzz1
15-01-12, 04:40
That time when visit a unit, I also asked the agent to check how much they have in their fund but never get back to me... But base on the proposal for their agm, the fund seem sufficient..

Anybody got a idea how much is the range of fund is considered healthy? Say min 3 mil for a 7-8 years condo? As is coming to 10 and waterproofing warranty is gonna to be due, these amount sufficient?

peterng8
15-01-12, 11:02
Wrong. (No offend but seem like I'm fated with you..)

BCA mandatory not more then 5 years. Less appeal.

http://www.bca.gov.sg/BMSM/bmsm_faqs.html#general_q20

20. How often do I have to paint my building?

Building owners are required to paint the external walls of their buildings at intervals of not more than five years. However, if the paintwork on your external walls is still in good condition after a period of five years, you may write to the Commissioner of Buildings for approval to delay the painting.

Loop hole.
Less TOP development which can take legal completion date so become 6-9 years.

well in that case, it definitely questionable about the conditions of exterior wall of warren(or bo cho kang someone?)...:o whatever cases, I am not going to co pay anything erelated to the painting cost LET say if JUST move in within a short period of time....:o

peterng8
15-01-12, 11:06
That time when visit a unit, I also asked the agent to check how much they have in their fund but never get back to me... But base on the proposal for their agm, the fund seem sufficient..

Anybody got a idea how much is the range of fund is considered healthy? Say min 3 mil for a 7-8 years condo? As is coming to 10 and waterproofing warranty is gonna to be due, these amount sufficient?

Should be sufficient...based on the place currently residing as an example...:o

peterng8
15-01-12, 11:08
Their agm coming and there are series of proposal for upgrading of facilities (eg commom toilet upgrade , landscaping etc). . My opinion is that the Place is quite will maintenance ...not too bad for a 6-7 year plus condo ..

To me it seem good, now psf is about 700plus , the new ec over there is offering 700 plus also....

take a look at mi casa...now it is negotiable too...it is new..warren is 6 to 7 yrs old...which has more upside acc to your opinion?:o or put it the other way..which one has more downside Risk?

peterng8
15-01-12, 11:17
What I notices is the paintwork at the balcony external parapet is slightly greenish , seem like the when rain it get wet and these stack don face the sun will get these greenish algey stain ..

yes..balcony and the surrounding walls color which is good for our eyes(green color good for eyes mah), night lamps spoilt, water features not working.... ..:o

zzz1
15-01-12, 18:37
take a look at mi casa...now it is negotiable too...it is new..warren is 6 to 7 yrs old...which has more upside acc to your opinion?:o or put it the other way..which one has more downside Risk?
I had viewed micasa too, definitely a competition to Warren . Appreciate your pts...:o :o

zzz1
15-01-12, 18:39
yes..balcony and the surrounding walls color which is good for our eyes(green color good for eyes mah), night lamps spoilt, water features not working.... ..:o
Seem like the condo manager not dong the job ....a quick fix is to complain to the mc chairman...this is the basic maintenance routine ...

peterng8
15-01-12, 19:50
I had viewed micasa too, definitely a competition to Warren . Appreciate your pts...:o :o

u mean showroom last time ? as it is going to TOP maybe somewhere this year only...:o price showhow close to warren and it is new ...warren price now is at high side for 7 years old place..by 2014 will be ten yrs whereas mi casa only 2 yrs...so price wise which will erode soon? I think u also know that very well...good luck :o

sunrise
16-01-12, 15:30
Seem like the condo manager not dong the job ....a quick fix is to complain to the mc chairman...this is the basic maintenance routine ...

after the facelift (repainting work) the warren definite price better.
this place have potential. info says to do re-painting on june this year.
just wait and see.

peterng8
16-01-12, 20:42
after the facelift (repainting work) the warren definite price better.
this place have potential. info says to do re-painting on june this year.
just wait and see.

if like that, than northvale(also LH) which is over 10 yrs old, also got potential ...:o

apple3
17-01-12, 02:26

MCL vs FEO, pretty obvious.

Yet to comment on the distance to Lot 1 and pools.

apple3
17-01-12, 02:29
if like that, than northvale(also LH) which is over 10 yrs old, also got potential ...:o

Not really matters, but just FYI.
Northvale is apartment status, not condominium status.
Warren is condominium status.

zzz1
17-01-12, 05:35
u mean showroom last time ? as it is going to TOP maybe somewhere this year only...:o price showhow close to warren and it is new ...warren price now is at high side for 7 years old place..by 2014 will be ten yrs whereas mi casa only 2 yrs...so price wise which will erode soon? I think u also know that very well...good luck :o
Yap , seen e show room..
It was a matter of timing.
The age is a factor to note , that why.

hyenergix
17-01-12, 06:46
I was there about 8 years ago, and it already looked quite run down.

testtest
17-01-12, 07:49

what's the diff?

sunrise
17-01-12, 08:10
what's the diff?

northvale is also well known for leaking roofing. also, it does not have a insulation (noise trap) inside the wall. so how to touch warren in terms of quality?

ikan bilis
17-01-12, 09:55
ummm.... what are the differences between apartment and condominium ??..
condominium has more facilities ??... northvale like have all the facilities...

in technical... what are the differences between apartment and condominium ??.. can help explain ??..
to me they looked the same... :ashamed1:

sunrise
17-01-12, 13:04

northvale is out of my list.

peterng8
18-01-12, 12:04
northvale is also well known for leaking roofing. also, it does not have a insulation (noise trap) inside the wall. so how to touch warren in terms of quality?

talking on quality, when the place reach 10 yrs or more, hard to predict what will come next to repair..especially water proofing(i know for other places..) it is not cheap....new one got warranty for a few years....

northvale studio at year around 2008 roughly one studio (700sqft) less than 400k...now close to 700k asking price...the housing at whole Sg has seen price increase...i dont know what potential u are referring to..:o

peterng8
18-01-12, 12:06

it does not concern me actually...all these are details and technical things I will not bother with unless it hurts my pocket...:o

sunrise
13-02-12, 12:39

happen to view 1 of the 3 bedders, the internal quite ok but the external paintwork ver bad. since day 1, seven years already.
the people there say management newman goh not doing work always change subject when owner ask for repaint.

I pull on the handbrake too. haha...

peterng8
13-02-12, 12:57
happen to view 1 of the 3 bedders, the internal quite ok but the external paintwork ver bad. since day 1, seven years already.
the people there say management newman goh not doing work always change subject when owner ask for repaint.

newman goh ...ha ha sound very very familiar to me....:p

the price now is hard to sustain...2nd timers will go for rainforest cheaper since first timers take up rate is low althought over subscribed....another new PC will be up next few months near phoenix mrt...mi casa TOP alot of people will let go...times are not so good now with so many units and economy is uncertain...:p see how the price reduces going ahead...why buy high when u have opporunity to get better pricing...

sunrise
13-02-12, 13:54
newman goh ...ha ha sound very very familiar to me....:p

the price now is hard to sustain...2nd timers will go for rainforest cheaper since first timers take up rate is low althought over subscribed....another new PC will be up next few months near phoenix mrt...mi casa TOP alot of people will let go...times are not so good now with so many units and economy is uncertain...:p see how the price reduces going ahead...why buy high when u have opporunity to get better pricing...

new development have to wait 2-3 years, stressful leh. resale also need about 4 months for paper work. I don't mind buying a resale at warren provided the paint work has already done. best location of CCK.

micasa looks jialat with red and blue windows.

fooblack
13-02-12, 14:33
new development have to wait 2-3 years, stressful leh. resale also need about 4 months for paper work. I don't mind buying a resale at warren provided the paint work has already done. best location of CCK.

agreed. Mi casa is truly lousy design. Seen the 2 other similar designs at woodlands and wonder why FEO thinks this is such an outstanding attraction haha..

Bet northvale and Warren, i will prefer a unit at northvale facing the park.. think this will be best facing as it will be with a view and not facing the MRT track...

peterng8
13-02-12, 16:02

new development 2 to 3 years just nice...cash outlay every month lesser and who knows by the time want to TOp price up...close to get over the cooling measure and can sell on time..:p

warren price will adjust at no time once mi casa TOP ...at current price of warren with 3 rooms at this location at 8 years age(top 2004) it is peak already not worth it to me...:2cents:

mi casa is this case better as it is new and price wise not wide difference...

zzz1
13-02-12, 19:07

I start to have the impression of Mudland ... Fast at building new plaza/malls but when come to maintenance like : :turd: :turd:

BB
13-02-12, 20:00
Location is good. Unfortunately, noise is a serious issue from:-

1) Expressway beside the condo
2) MRT track beside the condo
3) Bus interchange beside the condo

The new EC Rainforest at Ave$700 psf, further away, is a good buy if eligible.

sunrise
20-07-12, 11:37

This estate TOPs at 2004 and its suppose to re-paint after 5 years on 2009.

I again check with the resident and they says the management has confirm to re-paint the estate after mar 2013.

why the residences and the committee members allows the management to delay such work for 4 years? something is wrong with this committee people.

this management company newman goh does nothing except collecting funds. it should be terminated.

Now the pricing of this estate drops and stay average with the older neighbouring EC's

this is a good time to buy a resale unit but worries they defer the re-painting works.

I have been eyeing this property for some period of time. best location at CCK. another half years to wait. :mad:

Pikachu1245
13-09-12, 22:10
Location is good. Unfortunately, noise is a serious issue from:-

1) Expressway beside the condo
2) MRT track beside the condo
3) Bus interchange beside the condo

The new EC Rainforest at Ave$700 psf, further away, is a good buy if eligible.

Actually out of curiosity, I went and stand on an overhead bridge with heavy 3 lane traffic on both sides for about half an hour. The place is just beside mrt track. But realise cannot hear significant sound of mrt from track as the sound of incessant moving vehicle 'drowned' the sound of mrt train passing by. Then I move further and away from the traffic and just beside the mrt track.

This time, I find the mrt track becomes 'soothing' as compared to the incessant traffic noise.

This lead me to conclude that whether mrt noise is bearable or not is subjective.

For those who bought or intend to buy condos near mrt or mrt track, you can try this method and in no time you will surely 'feel' that mrt track noise is 'acceptable' and even 'soothing'. lol

teddybear
13-09-12, 23:31
You may not even hear these noise anymore after your ear drum got accustomed to it (some people say actually is "semi-deaf" already). :beats-me-man:

Actually out of curiosity, I went and stand on an overhead bridge with heavy 3 lane traffic on both sides for about half an hour. The place is just beside mrt track. But realise cannot hear significant sound of mrt from track as the sound of incessant moving vehicle 'drowned' the sound of mrt train passing by. Then I move further and away from the traffic and just beside the mrt track.

This time, I find the mrt track becomes 'soothing' as compared to the incessant traffic noise.

This lead me to conclude that whether mrt noise is bearable or not is subjective.

For those who bought or intend to buy condos near mrt or mrt track, you can try this method and in no time you will surely 'feel' that mrt track noise is 'acceptable' and even 'soothing'. lol

Pikachu1245
14-09-12, 22:24
You may not even hear these noise anymore after your ear drum got accustomed to it (some people say actually is "semi-deaf" already). :beats-me-man:

So does that mean that more than 100 000 family members that are staying near bus-stop/highway/bus-stop or track already in this condition? lol :confused:

sunrise
23-10-12, 10:56
This estate TOPs at 2004 and its suppose to re-paint after 5 years on 2009.

I again check with the resident and they says the management has confirm to re-paint the estate after mar 2013.

why the residences and the committee members allows the management to delay such work for 4 years? something is wrong with this committee people.

this management company newman goh does nothing except collecting funds. it should be terminated.

Now the pricing of this estate drops and stay average with the older neighbouring EC's

this is a good time to buy a resale unit but worries they defer the re-painting works.

I have been eyeing this property for some period of time. best location at CCK. another half years to wait. :mad:

lakeholmz and the jade had just finished the repainting work.
the management of this estate do nothing about its dirty paint work.
what happen to the committee after collecting the fund?
the residences need to push to keep the estate clean.

Cryingfreeman
23-10-12, 13:11
they just change the estate manager 4month ago... wat i know is that they need a pe to endorse & select the colour of the paint but the cost of that is $100 over k that y there is a delay

sunrise
23-10-12, 13:29
they just change the estate manager 4month ago... wat i know is that they need a pe to endorse & select the colour of the paint but the cost of that is $100 over k that y there is a delay

Oh i see, any idea when they re-paint?

Cryingfreeman
23-10-12, 13:42
warrant is a very good place to call home near to every thing.. for the noise wise depend which blk u purchase.. some unit is very serene at night.
To buy warrant is good for investment but only the management suck only.They will piss u up in any where they can , like see u put furniture in ur own balcony they write letter to ask u to remove if not they threaten u with lawyer letter.Or u do renovation they want u to lay back the same tiles like the same old type at the balcony..Wat the fUnk i buy the balcony:hell-hath-no-fury: i do wat ever also need them to approve.But if u got problem u go to them:scared-5: ha ha ha wait lor. rubbish throw from the top down (knife,tissue paper, pad with blood ...ect) u show them. wat they do only issue letter to home owner but they will not inform u wat they going do or done .so u gong gong dun know wat happening.As they sent out letter to inform they going to sue the developer about warrant leakage ask whose house got problem, i inform them about the rubbish chute & master bedroom wall leak but the ma. say not their fault than whose fault ... than i got to repair it my self. Than they use the plan to show me there is no piping inside the wall so ask them how it leak?? they say dun know ...:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Cryingfreeman
23-10-12, 13:51
Oh i see, any idea when they re-paint?
for other who wanted to buy warrant pls note trellis not approve at level 1 & level 7. This year agm cannot go through. even put notice board outside the lift to inform the residence about in house event also cannot..Ya went going to re-paint the building..wait till change all the ma.

sunrise
23-10-12, 15:32
for other who wanted to buy warrant pls note trellis not approve at level 1 & level 7. This year agm cannot go through. even put notice board outside the lift to inform the residence about in house event also cannot..Ya went going to re-paint the building..wait till change all the ma.

residences must take pics and post in the forum then they wake up.
otherwise they keep collecting funds and do nothing. not sure which other
estate managed by them?

Cryingfreeman
23-10-12, 18:32
residences must take pics and post in the forum then they wake up.
otherwise they keep collecting funds and do nothing. not sure which other
estate managed by them?
the estate look dirty and old plus the plants all die in the bbq area.

sunrise
24-10-12, 09:34

the west coast monterey also run by this management. look dirty too.

peterng8
27-10-12, 12:30
Hear say that they are running at a deficit every month that is why saving money...
1)Probabily the lowest fee in whole singapore ==> maintenance and sinking fund...

due to its great location at CCK, this lead to 2) majority rented out so those owners who cannot afford to stay condo but buying them for rental hack care about deficit of managment fee, object every slight increase in every AGM...

In no time, the estate is going to devalue very soon due to deterioation of the facilties IF this situation persists...;)

sunrise
29-10-12, 11:27

heard the estate confirmed and schedule for re-painting on november 2012. cheers to the owners.

peterng8
30-10-12, 19:11
heard the estate confirmed and schedule for re-painting on november 2012. cheers to the owners.

it is true...to a supplier J***n. ending in 24wks time starting nov 12...they should look at improving the landscape too....make it more dense..now heard it is too sparse..;)

sunrise
01-11-12, 13:30
it is true...to a supplier J***n. ending in 24wks time starting nov 12...they should look at improving the landscape too....make it more dense..now heard it is too sparse..;)

will lot 1 shopping mall expand like ang mo kio hub? the vacant land next to it have been lying there for years. right now they are rebuilding the garden.

HCL
01-11-12, 16:06
will lot 1 shopping mall expand like ang mo kio hub? the vacant land next to it have been lying there for years. right now they are rebuilding the garden.

Base on 2008 Master Plan, a plot of land next to lot one will be for commercial use, properly a shopping mall. A community center will be built at the junction of CCK Loop and CCK drive (previously the showroom location). I think CCK will be a good strategic location, just 3 MRT stations away from Jurong East Hub and future Woodland regional hub. I will also link to BP hub via LRT.

sunrise
01-11-12, 16:41
Base on 2008 Master Plan, a plot of land next to lot one will be for commercial use, properly a shopping mall. A community center will be built at the junction of CCK Loop and CCK drive (previously the showroom location). I think CCK will be a good strategic location, just 3 MRT stations away from Jurong East Hub and future Woodland regional hub. I will also link to BP hub via LRT.

thank you for such info.

Kehl
01-11-12, 17:05
WoodPro, is a member of the National Wood Flooring Association and one of the few timber contractors who registered with the Building Control Authority (BCA). We have done numerous Decking and Bay Windows at Mi Casa/ Caspian / Rochelle / Vivace / The Verve... Etc.
Do kindly contact us at 93668200 / 96839276 or send us an email to [email protected]
Below are some photographs of our recently completed projects.

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b528/kaka10101/BayWindow_04.jpg
http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b528/kaka10101/Decking_Balcony.jpg
http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b528/kaka10101/Decking_PlanterCurved.jpg

sunrise
18-11-12, 23:23

went in today saw 3 units along poolside with new paintwork, believes its for color selection of the re-painting work. lot 1 mall was very crowded these days. this place soon to be another hub.

peterng8
23-12-12, 10:17
went in today saw 3 units along poolside with new paintwork, believes its for color selection of the re-painting work. lot 1 mall was very crowded these days. this place soon to be another hub.

All propreitors are asked to vote for the color choices to proceed for repainting...N I think the reserved site behind lot one(opposite northvale)may be opened for bus interchange expansion as more and more new HDB flats are coming up n the present bus interchange may be overloaded. Keat hong Club confirmed site still opposite lot one?

jacelynchia
23-12-12, 15:16
warrant is a very good place to call home near to every thing.. for the noise wise depend which blk u purchase.. some unit is very serene at night.
To buy warrant is good for investment but only the management suck only.They will piss u up in any where they can , like see u put furniture in ur own balcony they write letter to ask u to remove if not they threaten u with lawyer letter.Or u do renovation they want u to lay back the same tiles like the same old type at the balcony..Wat the fUnk i buy the balcony:hell-hath-no-fury: i do wat ever also need them to approve.But if u got problem u go to them:scared-5: ha ha ha wait lor. rubbish throw from the top down (knife,tissue paper, pad with blood ...ect) u show them. wat they do only issue letter to home owner but they will not inform u wat they going do or done .so u gong gong dun know wat happening.As they sent out letter to inform they going to sue the developer about warrant leakage ask whose house got problem, i inform them about the rubbish chute & master bedroom wall leak but the ma. say not their fault than whose fault ... than i got to repair it my self. Than they use the plan to show me there is no piping inside the wall so ask them how it leak?? they say dun know ...:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Are you serious? Why no furniture in the balcony?!
Nowadays almost all projects comes with balconies and if they were to be so strict not to put any furniture, it's a wastage of space!

If I was a owner at warren, no furniture allowed then I will purposely dry the clothes at the balconies!

sunrise
24-12-12, 10:12
very soon we will see another commercial hub with bus interchange in CCK and bukit panjang central.

peterng8
12-01-13, 11:06
very soon we will see another commercial hub with bus interchange in CCK and bukit panjang central.

this place is a hidden gem, mrt station 1 min, bus interchange 1 min, shopping mall and shops, banks 1 min...imagine when JE finalised...more valuable...

sunrise
12-01-13, 19:34
this place is a hidden gem, mrt station 1 min, bus interchange 1 min, shopping mall and shops, banks 1 min...imagine when JE finalised...more valuable...

This estate anytime better than caspian. Repainting work after Chinese new year.

HCL
18-01-13, 14:44

With JR MRT line being announced, it is interesting to know the CCK plan to integrate currnt MRT, LRT with JRL. I believe the current bus interchange will be converted into transportation hub and hope new mall will be constructed to cater the increase of population in CCK.

Perlin
18-02-13, 16:18
Dear Owner,

I'm Perlin from Floor Xpert Pte Ltd, on behalf of Floor Xpert.

I am glad to share our services to you here.

Floor Xpert is specialise in doing outdoor decking , laminate flooring & baywindows. We have whole range of products for your selection.

Do refer to the attach pictures for more information. Or visit us at www.floorxpert.com (http://www.floorxpert.com/)

We have done project for Mi Casa, Caspian, Liva, Woodleigh , Optima, Trizon, Viva & etcs

Feel Free to Contact me at 9182 7628 for more information.

We look forward to your support. Thank you!

Regards
Perlin :)
Email : [email protected]
FB : http://www.facebook.com/FloorXpert

sunrise
11-04-13, 09:57
painting work started on block 57 & 59, almost finished on first 2 blocks.
workers moving to next.

darkseed73
12-04-13, 13:18
Bro cryingfreeman , makes the warran sounds like a nightmare estate.

The resident all never go school or just simply don't care?

sunrise
12-04-13, 13:33
Bro cryingfreeman , makes the warran sounds like a nightmare estate.

The resident all never go school or just simply don't care?

problems not comes from the residence. the management never border to re-paint the estate. bochap until residence gets angry and complaint to the headquarters (higher authority) repainting works after 8.5 years.

Stockbroker
04-07-13, 19:34
Really so noisy ah?

Warren49
09-10-13, 18:38
Long time lurker, and 1st post in this forum. As my name suggests, I have recently bought Warren Blk 49 for rental purpose.

Hoping for stable, rising yields as CCK grows together with the Jurong & Woodlands Regional Centres (being right in the middle of the 2)! ;)

sunrise
09-10-13, 19:39
Long time lurker, and 1st post in this forum. As my name suggests, I have recently bought Warren Blk 49 for rental purpose.

Hoping for stable, rising yields as CCK grows together with the Jurong & Woodlands Regional Centres (being right in the middle of the 2)! ;)

the estate painted with new colors, overall looks good & clean.
congrate on your new purchase.

hopeful
09-10-13, 19:48

Let me correct u. U r supposed to hope for lowering yields

Warren49
09-10-13, 23:32
Let me correct u. U r supposed to hope for lowering yields

Well, that depends entirely on what angle you are looking from. You are assuming that rental income will rise slower than property price, hence the lower yield. Incidentally, such an assumption is not tenable in the long run, given the rock bottom interest rate now.

I am assuming that the rentals are calculated against historical purchase price, which is how most pple measure yield?

Warren49
09-10-13, 23:35
the estate painted with new colors, overall looks good & clean.
congrate on your new purchase.

Thanks, we are not fans of the new colours, but at least it looks much better now than before......haha

TOKARA
01-05-15, 13:19
Hi people, any latest update on this condo?

i am thinking of getting one unit here, is the noise unbearable?