PDA

View Full Version : Attitude@Kim Yam

ultraman08
19-04-09, 20:38
A small development along River Valley, at the junction of Killiney and Kim Yam. 33 studio apartments. Asking for $12xx psf. TOP in June 2011. Any advise on whether if it is a good investment?

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project/1477/attitude-@-kim-yam

ahlahdin
20-04-09, 00:28
Killiney Rd does not meet Kim Yam Rd at all so what junction are you talking about?

Do you mean River Valley Rd and Kim Yam Rd instead.

To be honest, Kim Yam Rd is not comfortable at all, with narrow rd and temple. Really overcrowded with small and big condos literally squeezed side by side. No sense of space at all. Feel like living in HK. This claustrophobic feeling is compounded by small units, few units, few facilities, tiny land area.

If they dare to launch at 1800psf i'll tell them to fly kite.

Although I live in River Valley and I love the area, I would not recommend anyone to buy a lousy smallish place here just for the sake of it being River Valley. There are other older, better located condos in Rv that you could consider for a lower psf price which translates into similar quantum price as a new build, for more space. I am not talking about Pacific Mansion, there are other newer and better maintained ones that are now going for a bargain now.

Else, consider Newton area. The buildings there more spaced out, more modern and the area is newer and not so dingy.

proud owner
20-04-09, 13:08
Killiney Rd does not meet Kim Yam Rd at all so what junction are you talking about?

To be honest, Kim Yam Rd is not comfortable at all, with narrow rd and temple. Really overcrowded with small and big condos literally squeezed side by side. No sense of space at all. Feel like living in HK. This claustrophobic feeling is compounded by small units, few units, few facilities, tiny land area.

Although I live in River Valley and I love the area, I would not recommend anyone to buy a lousy smallish place here just for the sake of it being River Valley. There are other older, better located condos in Rv that you could consider for a lower psf price which translates into similar quantum price as a new build, for more space. I am not talking about Pacific Mansion, there are other newer and better maintained ones that are now going for a bargain now.

Else, consider Newton area. The buildings there more spaced out, more modern and the area is newer and not so dingy.

agree
during festive seasons and weekends..the temple is so crowded and traffic is bad ...

i still cannot understand why people still paying 1200-1700 psf for tiny units in RV area ..

do consider Valley Park ..maybe old but the blocks are so so far apart .. literally can build another block in between ..

proud owner
20-04-09, 13:09

agree
during festive seasons and weekends..the temple is so crowded and traffic is bad ...

i still cannot understand why people still paying 1200-1700 psf for tiny units in RV area ..

do consider Valley Park ..maybe old but the blocks are so so far apart .. literally can build another block in between ..

why pay so much to be near your neighbouring block ?

ahlahdin
20-04-09, 15:34
just want to clarify that by newton area, I certainly did not mean lincoln rd area. that area is just as congested, although it's newer than kim yam and more residential in nature.

I meant that the residence@evelyn side is very pleasant and more spaced out and I feel its a good area, much better than kim yam.

proud owner
20-04-09, 16:21
just want to clarify that by newton area, I certainly did not mean lincoln rd area. that area is just as congested, although it's newer than kim yam and more residential in nature.

I meant that the residence@evelyn side is very pleasant and more spaced out and I feel its a good area, much better than kim yam.

yes Evelyn side quieter and better .. also a few boutique projects there ..8 -10mins walk to Newton MRT

gfoo
20-04-09, 16:48
was quoted about $900psf for one of the boutique penthouses in that area, dun know if it's still available. that stretch (evelyn/buckley) is really quite serene and exclusive area.

Acer
20-04-09, 16:51
I knew this project in early March.

Its 33 units in total with progressive payment.
Left 7 more now.

smallest units is 366 sq ft
biggest units is 688 sq ft

I dun like cos too small a units and nothings

ave is 1250 psf after 12% discount

ultraman08
21-05-09, 19:50
Anyone knows if there is any available units for this project?

orange
24-05-09, 01:31
the size of this place is perfect for my dog to stay.

Acer
26-05-09, 09:08
Anyone knows if there is any available units for this project?

if im not wrong .pmly 2 units left.

Check it out in the advertisements

august
26-05-09, 10:36
the size of this place is perfect for my dog to stay.

find the project name quite a turn-off :o

Reporter
15-12-09, 11:18
if im not wrong .pmly 2 units left.

Check it out in the advertisements
There are 5 units left.

Attitude at Kim Yam
Address ............................ psf ................. Area ........ Price ............ Contract Date
1 Kim Yam Road #08-01 .... $1,557 psf o. 366 sqft ... $570,000 ........ 2 Oct 09
1 Kim Yam Road #05-01 .... $1,530 psf ..... 366 sqft ... $560,000 ..... 11 Sep 09

mcmlxxvi
02-01-11, 08:01
Sneaked inside recently and omg units all so claustrophobic and ceiling super low maybe evenlower than hdb...

It looks like it will TOP in few months time. Owners better faster get rid of their units before buyers can go inside and view and get a shock.

devilplate
02-01-11, 08:14
Mm coupled wif low ceiling.... Gone case

gfoo
02-01-11, 10:16
was quoted about $900psf for one of the boutique penthouses in that area, dun know if it's still available. that stretch (evelyn/buckley) is really quite serene and exclusive area.

ahhh memories. can't believe a short year ago buckley was only going for $900psf

mcmlxxvi
14-04-11, 10:14
Latest official transactions for Apartment at ATTITUDE AT KIM YAM

Address Tenure PSF Size (sqft) Price Contract Date
1 Kim Yam Road #08-02 ** 999 Yrs From 01/07/1841** $1698** 689** $1170k** 23 Mar 11**
1 Kim Yam Road #02-02 ** 999 Yrs From 01/07/1841** $1787** 560** $1000k** 11 Mar 11**
1 Kim Yam Road #03-03 ** 999 Yrs From 01/07/1841** $1817** 366** $665k** 08 Sep 10**

And i heard 06-01 366sf sold 730k

mcmlxxvi
14-04-11, 13:36
2.4m low ceiling.... Like hdb

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_zqFDJBwi0EQ/TaaF2j_qEtI/AAAAAAAALBY/2EYyScfY7VE/s640/image.jpeg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_zqFDJBwi0EQ/TaaF2_y0prI/AAAAAAAALBc/WHGKM9qmFY4/s640/image.jpeg

Duh view from sky pool

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_zqFDJBwi0EQ/TaaF3YxkGcI/AAAAAAAALBg/KEvjI8VMFNc/s640/image.jpeg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_zqFDJBwi0EQ/TaaF3VD69eI/AAAAAAAALBk/yW1Sit8FHR4/s640/image.jpeg

land118
14-04-11, 13:58

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_zqFDJBwi0EQ/TaaF2j_qEtI/AAAAAAAALBY/2EYyScfY7VE/s640/image.jpeg

Agree, HDB lookalike, look lik cheap tiles, normal cabinets, from the tiles layout, unit picture show it is angled living room...

Developer is King & King..., not heard of them..., think they laughing their way to the Bank$

teddybear
14-04-11, 14:23
Really 2.4m ceiling? You didn't make mistake? :doh:
The older condos usually 3m ceiling. Newer ones heard mostly about 2.8m high ceiling only?

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_zqFDJBwi0EQ/TaaF2_y0prI/AAAAAAAALBc/WHGKM9qmFY4/s640/image.jpeg

Duh view from sky pool

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_zqFDJBwi0EQ/TaaF3YxkGcI/AAAAAAAALBg/KEvjI8VMFNc/s640/image.jpeg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_zqFDJBwi0EQ/TaaF3VD69eI/AAAAAAAALBk/yW1Sit8FHR4/s640/image.jpeg

mcmlxxvi
14-04-11, 15:05
Agree, HDB lookalike, look lik cheap tiles, normal cabinets, from the tiles layout, unit picture show it is angled living room...

Developer is King & King..., not heard of them..., think they laughing their way to the Bank$

Keng n keng more like ba... To keng and kotok buyers lol

jezz
14-04-11, 17:14
Really 2.4m ceiling? You didn't make mistake? :doh:
The older condos usually 3m ceiling. Newer ones heard mostly about 2.8m high ceiling only?

hmm ceiling really looks low...btw how did you mgd to go up and take all those pics while in construction stage?

mcmlxxvi
14-04-11, 17:19
hmm ceiling really looks low...btw how did you mgd to go up and take all those pics while in construction stage?

Just walk in lor...

jezz
14-04-11, 18:57
Just walk in lor...

Haha that shows how unsecured the Place is when u can sneak in. Dun they have any security railing or fencing?

land118
14-04-11, 19:02
Maybe 2.8m ceiling before false ceiling, but from picture, really look low like the 2.4m that u say to ceiling board....:D

So far most condo I know also have 2.8m..., somehow lower ceiling tend to make size even look smaller...

devilplate
14-04-11, 19:15
Just walk in lor...
Did u physically measure the ceiling ht?

For clift, it looks low visually (i tot ard 2.6m) but actually measures to 2.8m ...

kaizhe
14-04-11, 19:33
Just walk in lor...

kembangan suites now also can walk in boh?

jezz
14-04-11, 20:06
Did u physically measure the ceiling ht?

For clift, it looks low visually (i tot ard 2.6m) but actually measures to 2.8m ...

I dun think 2.4m lah too incredible to believe leh. Maybe 2.6m. The window certainly looks tall.

mcmlxxvi
14-04-11, 22:32
Maybe 2.8m ceiling before false ceiling, but from picture, really look low like the 2.4m that u say to ceiling board....:D

So far most condo I know also have 2.8m..., somehow lower ceiling tend to make size even look smaller...

2.4 is to the false ceiling la aiyo... In the skyscrap forum orady kena flamed... Wa lao... Not machiam i god or wat whatevr i say may not be gospel truth lor i only heard from the agent representing the seller. No reason for him to lie right... If pple wanna flame go and measure it themselves when they get the keys lor yawnzzz

mcmlxxvi
14-04-11, 22:34
kembangan suites now also can walk in boh?

The 'walk in' go timing one. If too early no access at all or maybe dangerous. If too late all the units door locked liao go in also cant see finishing workmanship etc. And time or day matters too... If the cheena or bangla hard at work will get stopped... If tea break or rest or wat then they may not pay so much attn....

land118
15-04-11, 00:09
2.4 is to the false ceiling la aiyo... In the skyscrap forum orady kena flamed... Wa lao... Not machiam i god or wat whatevr i say may not be gospel truth lor i only heard from the agent representing the seller. No reason for him to lie right... If pple wanna flame go and measure it themselves when they get the keys lor yawnzzz
No worries la, not vested, just KPO. Well, if owners know they are getting 2.4m when they signed, then they shouldn't complain, but I guess many don't even bother to ask. All I know if project is high ceiling say 3m or more, during launch, agent will hard sell and highlight how high ceiling is....

devilplate
15-04-11, 00:13
No worries la, not vested, just KPO. Well, if owners know they are getting 2.4m when they signed, then they shouldn't complain, but I guess many don't even bother to ask. All I know if project is high ceiling say 3m or more, during launch, agent will hard sell and highlight how high ceiling is....

does S&P state ceiling ht...?

land118
15-04-11, 00:38
does S&P state ceiling ht...?
Good question, just check one of the s&p , under specification never state ceiling height..., only make reference to building plan approved by BCA, other details like furnishing have....wonder if any of yours do state ceiling height?

jezz
15-04-11, 08:55
Good question, just check one of the s&p , under specification never state ceiling height..., only make reference to building plan approved by BCA, other details like furnishing have....wonder if any of yours do state ceiling height?

Well I quite like this dev or anything that has conserved shophse because it has lotsa charm. If this proj is bugger in scale and perhaps not baby size lap pool I will def consider. Btw dun see the gym is there one? Any pic to show the front gate view or in first place is it gated or like Martin edge, more like card access to lift??!

eng81157
15-04-11, 10:39
Mm coupled wif low ceiling.... Gone case

is this modelled some capsule hotel????:scared-4:

jezz
15-04-11, 19:21

I thk is a challenge for the dev bcos he has to firstly preserve the shophse n then given such a miserable plot of land behind to squeeze into a mm tower. Poor thing. This one got parking lots? Maintenance shld b low due to limited facilities

jezz
15-04-11, 19:29

I thk is a challenge for the dev bcos he has to firstly preserve the shophse n then given such a miserable plot of land behind to squeeze into a mm tower. Poor thing. This one got parking lots? Maintenance shld b low due to limited facilities

mcmlxxvi
15-04-11, 23:02
Think theres mechanical carpark but even so not for all unit.

jezz
16-04-11, 13:43
Think theres mechanical carpark but even so not for all unit.
Wahlau must give this proj a nickname liao. SMM. Not senior min mentor but super Mickey mouse

Wild Falcon
16-04-11, 16:36
I'm not surprised all the future MM that is going to flood the market in the next few years gonna look like this - low ceiling, claustrophobic, poor quality, horrendous view of concrete. So we might be shocked today, but next time, this will become the "norm". Really going from first world to third world. Most HDB flats look better and more spacious and airy.

jezz
16-04-11, 22:46
I'm not surprised all the future MM that is going to flood the market in the next few years gonna look like this - low ceiling, claustrophobic, poor quality, horrendous view of concrete. So we might be shocked today, but next time, this will become the "norm". Really going from first world to third world. Most HDB flats look better and more spacious and airy.

U could be right. With better educated young adults who choose to live on their own they could well manage a single mm unit. Sin will become japan with small houses

mcmlxxvi
17-04-11, 07:54
U could be right. With better educated young adults who choose to live on their own they could well manage a single mm unit. Sin will become japan with small houses
I have lived like that for the past 5 years and I love the freedom and responsibility associated with taking care of myself and the house. Despite my nick, MM is not by choice but for me a single working guy it is easier and more time and cost effective to manage. Hey I am not some highly paid expatriate who can afford part time maid 3x a week ok!

jezz
17-04-11, 11:41
I have lived like that for the past 5 years and I love the freedom and responsibility associated with taking care of myself and the house. Despite my nick, MM is not by choice but for me a single working guy it is easier and more time and cost effective to manage. Hey I am not some highly paid expatriate who can afford part time maid 3x a week ok!

dats nice...

i wondered the army chap who asked his maid to carry his barang barang could ever live on his own :P

cavan suites on newspaper again!!

mcmlxxvi
17-04-11, 15:59
dats nice...

i wondered the army chap who asked his maid to carry his barang barang could ever live on his own :P

cavan suites on newspaper again!!

Selling the shop units i hope? surprised they willing to spend that money to market the remaining super crap facing/layout 4 units residential.

bargain hunter
20-09-11, 09:28
Then, there is also the matter of whether the mechanised carpark is a good fit for users' cars. Ms Indranee Rajah, the MP for Tanjong Pagar GRC, received a resident's request for a season-parking label to park outside her Kim Yam Road apartment in August after the latter realised that her car could not fit because of the height limit of the condominium's mechanised carpark.
'The first thing these carpark developers need to make sure is that the vehicles commonly in use at the time can fit into the systems they design,' said Ms Indranee. 'And developers should make it known to their customers about any limitations the systems have, so people won't buy units and realise later that they can't park inside.'

Wild Falcon
20-09-11, 11:51
Could be. Lots of complaints over mechanized car park in small developments with no space. Apparently took 7 minutes just to retrieve one car. And during peak hours, there is always a queue, so if you're third in the queue, it probably means close to 30 minutes (21 minutes + 9 minutes getting in and adjusting and driving off) to retrieve your car. Most pple would have reached the office in 30 min, while you are still waiting for your car. Pathetic.

carbuncle
20-05-12, 14:48
Awkward pool shape, awkward layout for units, awkward deco...

This should be called Awkward @ KimYam

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9654680/for-rent-attitude-kim-yam

Estella83
20-05-12, 21:29
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/4765392/for-sale-attitude-kim-yam worth going for a look?

carbuncle
20-05-12, 21:43
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/4765392/for-sale-attitude-kim-yam worth going for a look?

Renovation notwithstanding, the fridge location so 'zor deng'... And the price super prohibitive.

Estella83
20-05-12, 22:11
Renovation notwithstanding, the fridge location so 'zor deng'... And the price super prohibitive.
Haha. But tenanted at 2.85k

carbuncle
20-05-12, 22:13
Haha. But tenanted at 2.85k

Thats not very high is it... For that purchase price.

dtrax
20-05-12, 22:32
Actually if you compare original purchase price in 2010 at 500k++, it is cheap to the max. Easily 6+% gross yield?

dtrax
20-05-12, 22:37
MM round 1, Fight!:

Alexis vs Attitude:

720k vs 780k

Both FH, walking to MRT, both got mall

carbuncle
20-05-12, 22:56
Actually if you compare original purchase price in 2010 at 500k++, it is cheap to the max. Easily 6+% gross yield?

Time goes by... So slowly...

But it doesnt go back. :)

dtrax
20-05-12, 23:02
Time goes by... So slowly...

But it doesnt go back. :)

ah b say can wor.. dun pray pray hor.. attitude can hit 3xxk by 2015

Estella83
20-05-12, 23:52
But I'm very tempted to see how big is 339sqft:D

carbuncle
21-05-12, 00:04