PDA

View Full Version : Northwood

Lao Hu
28-07-09, 15:13
Looking for a condo for own stay. Anyone can assist to post the launch price of the condo? Went to see Pierce @ Meadows and was shocked to see the high launch price. Any cons buying this condo, beside the noise from heicopter?

azeoprop
28-07-09, 16:55
Here is some pricing history for northwoods.
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project/963/northwoods

I went for the launched last time and remembered that the balcony was very big. There is an "air well" in the middle for sunlight to go in also.

kurby
28-07-09, 20:36
I happen to see this condo today...looks good.

Pro: 140 units - not too congested, reasonable price (??), got tennis court...

Cons: Maintenance fee could be higher (since got less units), traffic congestion in front of the development (small lanes with cars park by the side)

Lao Hu
29-07-09, 23:17
Here is some pricing history for northwoods.
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project/963/northwoods

I went for the launched last time and remembered that the balcony was very big. There is an "air well" in the middle for sunlight to go in also.

Thanks. I had saw this and a bit concerned when the launch price starting from S$452, with average transacted price at $623. Currently, most sales are at $670 onwards.

kurby
29-07-09, 23:25
I think the launch price is 600+...the 400+ in the chart is probably for the penthouse and the groundfloor...I am not sure. But all the other reports point to a 600+ launch price.

I was there again tonight at 930...the helicopter sound is very audible and it doesn't sound as if the helicopter if flying away...it just seems to be hovering there.....is this the usual everynight? (Btw i was there for 10 mins and for the whole 10 mins, the sound was there....)

Lao Hu
29-07-09, 23:42
Thanks for your advice. Will check it out as my boy is attending childcare centre there. Btw, use to serve NS in SBAB. Thought no flying after 8pm, but Search and Rescue operate 24/7.

kurby
30-07-09, 00:03
I think this one abit hard to guage what is a good price as there are very few similar projects around. Euphony garden is 99 lease...so hard to guage...

I may be looking for a unit here as well as we suddenly found this condo in the north...previously only knew got Seletaris and the one beside it...

istaycondo
30-07-09, 09:03
Then why not get a unit at Seletaris? Much cheaper and freehold! ;)

kurby
30-07-09, 10:49
Prefer new...and dun really like the design for Seletaris....prefer a more modern look to the development...

Lao Hu
30-07-09, 21:27
Beside Seletaris, there is Sensoria. The main con about Seletaris is the road noise next to Gambas Ave but no Helicopter noise.:sleep:

Lao Hu
30-07-09, 21:32
I think this one abit hard to guage what is a good price as there are very few similar projects around. Euphony garden is 99 lease...so hard to guage...

I may be looking for a unit here as well as we suddenly found this condo in the north...previously only knew got Seletaris and the one beside it...

Look like we have similar requirements. Have you check out Sensoria?

Condorich
30-07-09, 22:27
Look like we have similar requirements. Have you check out Sensoria?

I've been there during its initial launch but found that there are not enough spaces catered for washing machine... gave me that kind of impression at least... any comments?

kurby
30-07-09, 23:35
I have not checked out sensoria....

Today I went to walk around Northwood again....the best stacks are those facing the army camp but that is also the stacks with the E-W sun...the rest of the stacks no doubt does not have the E-W sun issues but there are either facing each other or are surrounded by the nearby development (which i think only the penthouses are above the nearby houses....)

The 2-bedroom and 4-bedrooms one are the best in terms of facing...one side face the pool the other side is unblock since is facing the road leading to the army camp...

istaycondo
31-07-09, 09:17
Heard from my agent that the pool in Sensoria is pathetic. There is no feeder service to MRT and the owners are asking for sky-high price ($1m for 3 bedroom).

Northwood is too deep in and too close to the army camp. The helicopter noise is definitely a nuisance.

kurby
31-07-09, 09:50
So there is not many good freehold condo in this area....

Was intially looking forward to Meadows @ Peirce...but the price is crazy....

d12pxgoskyhigh
01-08-09, 22:09
FH in Sembawang: Seletaris, sensori, Northwoods
Price for Meadows @ Pierce is crazy....but already >50% sold....
So many rich ppple out there or so many pple enjoy being slaves to interest payment.....
Bullion Park and Thomson Grove also FH but going at 50& discount from Meadows....

Lao Hu
02-08-09, 15:06
Read from the newspaper that Northwood will have shuttle bus service to MRT. Can anyone confirm on this?

Lao Hu
15-08-09, 13:48
Fresh from URA.
NORTHWOOD JALAN MATA AYER Condominium 810,000 1,313 Strata 617 Jul-09

I was offered an unit at 820k but did not take it up because of the stack location.

kurby
15-08-09, 15:37
I was looking at the Property Price Index and noted that at the time of launch of Northwood, the PPI was above the peak of 1996. That means, even at 650psf, the price could be on the high side.

But then again, unless some owners have problem servicing the loans, otherwise no one will sell at a loss yah??

Lao Hu
18-08-09, 17:15
Just heard from broker that there are 3 more units transacted at S$800+k.

kurby
18-08-09, 23:27
NORTHWOOD (http://javascript<b></b>:popUp('submitSISV.do?project_name=NORTHWOOD&street_name=JALAN%20MATA%20AYER&property_type_code=24');)JALAN MATA AYERCondominium1810,0001,313Strata617Jul-09
NORTHWOOD (http://javascript<b></b>:popUp('submitSISV.do?project_name=NORTHWOOD&street_name=JALAN%20MATA%20AYER&property_type_code=24');)JALAN MATA AYERCondominium1770,0001,346Strata572Jun-09

The unit sold in Jun was sold at a loss??

Nearing TOP so I guess those who bought for investment is finding it hard to sell off....Northwood is not exactly a good location to buy for investment....

Lao Hu
18-08-09, 23:53
NORTHWOOD (http://javascript<b></b>:popUp('submitSISV.do?project_name=NORTHWOOD&street_name=JALAN%20MATA%20AYER&property_type_code=24');)JALAN MATA AYERCondominium1810,0001,313Strata617Jul-09
NORTHWOOD (http://javascript<b></b>:popUp('submitSISV.do?project_name=NORTHWOOD&street_name=JALAN%20MATA%20AYER&property_type_code=24');)JALAN MATA AYERCondominium1770,0001,346Strata572Jun-09

The unit sold in Jun was sold at a loss??

Nearing TOP so I guess those who bought for investment is finding it hard to sell off....Northwood is not exactly a good location to buy for investment....

Where u get this info? I am seriously looking for an unit for own stay, preferably in Blk 60. Willing to pay owner at a mild profit.

Lao Hu
19-08-09, 00:12
Found this in the web

810,000 1,313 617 Jul-09
810,900 1,604 506 Jul-09
770,000 1,346 572 Jun-09

It's seem that the offer at 685psf is on the high side.

kurby
19-08-09, 08:54
Where u get this info? I am seriously looking for an unit for own stay, preferably in Blk 60. Willing to pay owner at a mild profit.

Got the info off URA web as below:

http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/realEstate/pageflow/transaction/TransactionController.jpf

I think you can get a much better price than 685psf. Newspaper ads starts at 650psf.

I was doing some estimate of the fair price for Northwood. Before the property peak in 2007, Euphony Gardens was selling at about 380psf. So I add 20% on that as premium for freehold, and then add another 8% for land appreciation. That will give me a price of about 500psf.

So my guess is that after this round of property price peak subside and stabilise, Northwood will be valued at 550psf or there about...so i guess the 572 psf sales was quite a decent purchase....

All this is just my guess....can be wrong though....

Condorich
19-08-09, 09:05

http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/realEstate/pageflow/transaction/TransactionController.jpf

I think you can get a much better price than 685psf. Newspaper ads starts at 650psf.

I was doing some estimate of the fair price for Northwood. Before the property peak in 2007, Euphony Gardens was selling at about 380psf. So I add 20% on that as premium for freehold, and then add another 8% for land appreciation. That will give me a price of about 500psf.

So my guess is that after this round of property price peak subside and stabilise, Northwood will be valued at 550psf or there about...so i guess the 572 psf sales was quite a decent purchase....

Another way is to take the price from owner (direct pricing from developer) and add in land appreciation (x%) and give him a decent margin (y%) if you are kind. But there are owners who bought for investment and are on DPS... I am just guessing that some of them need to off load it soon. If you buy this project... you must really like the location as it is quite ulu.... don't fall for FH trap when location matters more than anything...

FH is something you cannot see and touch and feel... get it? A house should feel right for staying.

kurby
19-08-09, 11:11
Many ways to decide what is a fair price....

The best way is - if you are comfortable with the price then that's the fairest price of all!

Whatever happen to the price after your purchase is anybody's guess...as long as you can afford it, and it feels right, then go ahead...

Lao Hu
19-08-09, 20:00

Actually, I had checked on Euphony Garden (EG). It was launched on 2000 and first hand owner paid more than $500psf to $585psf for unit between 1100sqft to 1800sqft. When EG TOP on 2002, most transacted at S$400-480psf. Currently, rental yield is about $1.96/sqft.

Lao Hu
19-08-09, 20:07
As for Seletaris, first hand owner paid more than $530psf to $620psf for unit between 1100sqft to 1600sqft. When it TOP on 2002, most transacted at S$480-590psf. It hit 39Xpsf in 2004. Currently, rental yield is about $1.79/sqft.

Yishun Sapphire rental yield is only $1.02/sqft :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Lao Hu
19-08-09, 20:11
Another way is to take the price from owner (direct pricing from developer) and add in land appreciation (x%) and give him a decent margin (y%) if you are kind. But there are owners who bought for investment and are on DPS... I am just guessing that some of them need to off load it soon. If you buy this project... you must really like the location as it is quite ulu.... don't fall for FH trap when location matters more than anything...

FH is something you cannot see and touch and feel... get it? A house should feel right for staying.

Thanks for your advice. Using 650psf (Highest price bought from developer), break-even price for 1335sqft is around $900k (18k agent fee and 22k stamp duty). Agreed with your point on the Ulu location, my boy just happened to study in a childcare at Jalan Mata Ayer.

Frankly, was amused by some ad quoting 880psf.

kurby
19-08-09, 20:49
Actually, I had checked on Euphony Garden (EG). It was launched on 2000 and first hand owner paid more than $500psf to $585psf for unit between 1100sqft to 1800sqft. When EG TOP on 2002, most transacted at S$400-480psf. Currently, rental yield is about $1.96/sqft.

Oh so the 380psf is not the average. Good. So then using the method, the estimated value would be about 520 - 620psf.

Your data above clearly show us that the valuation of a property has nothing to do with the cost that first buyer (or even the developer) paid for the property. Otherwise property prices will never dip below launch price.

For Northwood, I stil think good price to get is about 550psf. And I think is achievable. Be patient........

kurby
19-08-09, 21:40
anyone has the floorplan for the ground floor??

oapsg
19-08-09, 22:21
anyone has the floorplan for the ground floor??

Is there a showflat to view??

Lao Hu
19-08-09, 22:38
Is there a showflat to view??

Going to TOP in 2-3 months. No showflat, can see actual units.

Condorich
20-08-09, 08:25
Oh so the 380psf is not the average. Good. So then using the method, the estimated value would be about 520 - 620psf.

Your data above clearly show us that the valuation of a property has nothing to do with the cost that first buyer (or even the developer) paid for the property. Otherwise property prices will never dip below launch price.

For Northwood, I stil think good price to get is about 550psf. And I think is achievable. Be patient........

Yes, the developer price is fixed by developer. The resale price is fixed by owner who may be a desperate owner. Not to mention that property behaves like a wave... got its up and down. If you get it at a high point and cannot hold or had to liquidate for whatever reason during a low point... the prevailing market price will prevail. That's why it ends up with below developer's price. If the owner could hold, a fair offer should be the one giving him some profit for the opportunity cost lost. It also makes it easier for him to decide. As to other scenarios... sometimes they are termed as 'burnt, fried, bankrupt or whatever'. It's like waiting for durian to fall if it is really below developer's price.

kurby
20-08-09, 09:18
That is why we have to be cautious when buying in a uptrend market. For whatever reasons that may happen in future, we don't want to be caught in a situation where we need to sell in a low market....and we never know how long that low market will last. Those who bought high in 1996 probably was not able to sell without a loss for 10years till 2007....

Looking at the sales data for Northwood for transactions done in Jun and Jul, all seems to be selling below launch price...especially the one done at 506psf....real good deal. I wonder if this are those ground floor units where the psf is generally lower than the rest due to the patio??

kurby
20-08-09, 09:20
Going to TOP in 2-3 months. No showflat, can see actual units.

Can agents bring us to see actual units now??

Condorich
20-08-09, 19:02

yes, can see from the road side. Cannot venture in without obtaining permission.

housewife
20-08-09, 19:24
That is why we have to be cautious when buying in a uptrend market. For whatever reasons that may happen in future, we don't want to be caught in a situation where we need to sell in a low market....and we never know how long that low market will last. Those who bought high in 1996 probably was not able to sell without a loss for 10years till 2007....

Looking at the sales data for Northwood for transactions done in Jun and Jul, all seems to be selling below launch price...especially the one done at 506psf....real good deal. I wonder if this are those ground floor units where the psf is generally lower than the rest due to the patio??
u can check unit number and size at streetsine.com

Lao Hu
21-08-09, 00:08

Cannot, because construction agent scared of injury will affect TOP date.

Lao Hu
21-08-09, 00:19
u can check unit number and size at streetsine.com

But need to pay for all stacks. Ok, if we zoom down to the unit we want.

KarenK
21-08-09, 09:44
I think the launch price is 600+...the 400+ in the chart is probably for the penthouse and the groundfloor...I am not sure. But all the other reports point to a 600+ launch price.

I was there again tonight at 930...the helicopter sound is very audible and it doesn't sound as if the helicopter if flying away...it just seems to be hovering there.....is this the usual everynight? (Btw i was there for 10 mins and for the whole 10 mins, the sound was there....)

I've been staying in the general vicinity for 22+ years, 1st in Sembawang (near Nee Soon Camp) and now in Woodlands (near S'pore Sports School). the helicopter flight paths are above this area. The choppers fly day and night regardless of weekdays and weekends and u can hear them very audibly. The frequency increases as Aug approaches coz of the practices for NDP. U can even see parachutists jumping out for a few months before that.

My 3-yr-old boy is thrilled to see them. He spends hours sitting at the balcony at my parents' place (Sembawang) watching the choppers fly by and this happens every few minutes. when they fly at nite, it can be as late as 9pm+. I know coz I "monitor" their timing for my boy's watching pleasure. Imagine how "sound surround" the chopper flying sound will be should u be staying at Northwood ;-)

housewife
21-08-09, 11:11
But need to pay for all stacks. Ok, if we zoom down to the unit we want.
pay :confused:? dun get what u mean.
$572psf one is 01-xx, $617psf is 02-xx. cannot find the $506psf one in streetsine or URA. it didn't lodge caveats? why some not in caveats lodged?

Condorich
21-08-09, 11:14
$572psf one is 01-xx, $617psf is 02-xx. cannot find the $506psf one in streetsine or URA. it didn't lodge caveats? why some not in caveats lodged?

cash purchase without loan. "Secretive deals"

housewife
21-08-09, 11:25
cash purchase without loan. "Secretive deals"
who lodge caveats, lawyer or bank? are all cash purchases not lodged and all loan lodged? thanx

Condorich
21-08-09, 11:59
who lodge caveats, lawyer or bank? are all cash purchases not lodged and all loan lodged? thanx

ask your lawyer on what is the purpose of caveats? Go figure.

Condorich
21-08-09, 12:11
Caveat: A caveat is usually lodged by the purchaser to protect his/her interest soon after an option to purchase a property is exercised or a sale/purchase agreement is signed. We use information from caveats with "Options exercised" as grounds of claim to compute our property price indices. As the lodgement of caveats is voluntary, and there is usually a time-lag of a few months from the point of purchase of a private residential unit direct from a developer to the lodgement of a caveat for that unit, the transaction database in REALIS may not reflect all the units sold directly by developers.

http://www.sla.gov.sg/htm/faq/faq02.htm some faqs

Lao Hu
21-08-09, 19:11

Sorry for not being clear. Purchasing home report from Streetsine required $25each for each unit, hence it is not feasible if we need to find out about multiple units.

I saw the $506psf from a website. Will find it and posted the link here.

Lao Hu
21-08-09, 19:12
I've been staying in the general vicinity for 22+ years, 1st in Sembawang (near Nee Soon Camp) and now in Woodlands (near S'pore Sports School). the helicopter flight paths are above this area. The choppers fly day and night regardless of weekdays and weekends and u can hear them very audibly. The frequency increases as Aug approaches coz of the practices for NDP. U can even see parachutists jumping out for a few months before that.

My 3-yr-old boy is thrilled to see them. He spends hours sitting at the balcony at my parents' place (Sembawang) watching the choppers fly by and this happens every few minutes. when they fly at nite, it can be as late as 9pm+. I know coz I "monitor" their timing for my boy's watching pleasure. Imagine how "sound surround" the chopper flying sound will be should u be staying at Northwood ;-)

Thanks for the advice. Need to pay lower if wanted to stay here.

kurby
21-08-09, 21:16
Let's wait....shd be able tp get a good price soon....

Yest an agent quoted me some 750psf...hahaha

Lao Hu
21-08-09, 22:49
Sorry for not being clear. Purchasing home report from Streetsine required $25each for each unit, hence it is not feasible if we need to find out about multiple units.

SISV Link
http://www2.realink21.com/npp2/transacted_private.aspx

housewife
22-08-09, 00:09

what i usually do is to get unit number from http://www.streetsine.com/main.html
(free) and get floorplan from http://www.singaporeexpats.com/housing-in-singapore/singapore-property/floor-plan-NORTHWOOD-CONDOMINIUM.htm
which also shows stack number. What other information r u looking for that requires fee?

Lao Hu
22-08-09, 14:08
Heritage Residences, exclusive freehold apartments

A living icon of nostalgia with a contemporary twist.
Location/ Address Clubhouse 64 Jalan Mata Ayer S(759158)
60 Jalan Mata Ayer S(759158)
62 Jalan Mata Ayer S(759159)
66 Jalan Mata Ayer S(759160)
68 Jalan Mata Ayer S(757487)
70 Jalan Mata Ayer S(757488)
72 Jalan Mata Ayer S(757489)
Developer UIC Investment Pte Ltd
Tenure Estate in Fee Simple (Freehold)
Total units 140 units
Project Account UOB Ltd for Project A/C No. 352-332-707-9 of UIC Investment Pte Ltd - NorthWood
Showflat Tel No. 64826766, 64826778
Description Condominium Development comprising seven 5-Storey oriented mostly in the North South & East Direction. Basement carpark and communal facilities
Expected TOP / Physical Completion 30 September 2010
Expected Date of Legal Completion 30 September 2012
Site Area Approx. 12,101.50 sq m / 131,874 sq ft (Condo)
Plot Ratio 1.4
Total Number of Units 140
No. ofCar Parks Lots 154 (inclusive of 2 nos handicap lots)
Recreational Facilities Pavilions / Party Plaza, Sun Deck, Main Pool, Children’s Pool, Children’s Play Area, Jacuzzi Pool, Fitness Stations/Jogging Track

Clubhouse with:
Multi-purpose Function Room, Gymnasium, Male and Female Changing Rooms, Management Office
Typical Unit Distribution
2 Bedroom (A1) 105 – 108 sqm - 4 %
3 Bedroom (B1/B2/B3/B4) 122 - 135 sqm - 76%
3 Bedroom Penthouse (B2p/B3p/B4p) 124 – 193 sqm - 9%
4 Bedroom (C1/C2) 151 – 152 sqm - 9%
4 Bedroom penthouse (B1p/B3p/C1p/C2p) 205 – 213 sqm - 2%
Design Philosophy
The proposed “NorthWood” Condominium features a chic resort- style tropical living, coupled with contemporary sophistication.

“Living in the tropics……….. its about………………”
The tropics are a hotel bed of botanical exuberance, with their intensity of colour, scent and sensual surrounding.

The outdoor lifestyle
Life spills over quite simply and naturally to the outdoors. Its rejuvenates the soul, mind and body.

Dissolving the boundaries between the inside and the outside
To reach out to the open, for its abundance of air and light energy. To connect the interiors with exteriors and be surrounded with nature.

A sense of belonging
To create a cohesive Framework which enriches to a visual source and a sense of belonging to nature.

kurby
28-08-09, 20:48
Thanks for the advice. Need to pay lower if wanted to stay here.

What price are you looking at?

Lao Hu
29-08-09, 00:32
What price are you looking at?

Actually, was willing to pay up to $880k for 1335sqft 3BR at stack 7 to 13. I consulted my uncle who was very experienced in property investment, and was given a "lecture" by him.
1. There is not much investment values to purchase a property at Far North.
2. There is not point to purchase a new property as it is at least 20% more expensive than a resales one.
3. In Far North, potential upgraders are budget buyers whom are not willing to pay a premium for property (:ashamed1: I happened to be one of them), hence I will have issue selling it later.
4. With a budget of $800k to $1M, I can easily get a 2BR at D15 district which is freehold.

Lastly, my agent had checked with several banks and the highest valuation given is $830k, and most owner going to sell from $900k onwards. Good luck to first owner on DPS scheme when TOP come. :D

Now I had almost give up hope to buy an unit at Northwood.

Condorich
29-08-09, 00:59
No need to rush in if you have a roof over your head. Take your time... the banks needs time to do their work.

Properties in the north are mainly for self stay folks... with room for a little capital gain. Generally still able to gain... just not as much as other areas...

no developer interested in 2 land parcels for sale for sometime... one beside lilydale and one beside Yishun Emerald... although both 99 years lease... they are better in location that this one.

Lao Hu
29-08-09, 10:08
No need to rush in if you have a roof over your head. Take your time... the banks needs time to do their work.

Properties in the north are mainly for self stay folks... with room for a little capital gain. Generally still able to gain... just not as much as other areas...

no developer interested in 2 land parcels for sale for sometime... one beside lilydale and one beside Yishun Emerald... although both 99 years lease... they are better in location that this one.

Yes, no rush for a roof. Not sure about your point 2. Checked
and confirmed that Seletaris and Euphony Garden first owners suffered loss. Recently trasactions at Sensoria also pointing to the same trend - Resales at 599 - 642 psf while owner in Jun 07 get around 634 psf

kurby
29-08-09, 11:05
I do agree that Far North has not much investment value and also selling it may be difficult next time as the condo is only attractive to people who are currently staying in the North. Hence I am very concern abt buying at such high price.

Maybe should change my focus back to Calrose instead...

Lao Hu
29-08-09, 11:29
Forget to mention that the first 3 transactions of Northwood were also sold at a loss.

Condorich
29-08-09, 12:54
Yes, no rush for a roof. Not sure about your point 2. Checked
and confirmed that Seletaris and Euphony Garden first owners suffered loss. Recently trasactions at Sensoria also pointing to the same trend - Resales at 599 - 642 psf while owner in Jun 07 get around 634 psf

Yes... thanks for the correction... i meant to say HDB's.... after the 97/98 peak.

Generally private in the north has little room for price appreciation... some owners suffferred losses also...both ways... never a case of all owners suffered losses. Timing and selection criteria is very important.

kurby
29-08-09, 23:31
Forget to mention that the first 3 transactions of Northwood were also sold at a loss.
U mean the 3 transactions that we have seen so far are the only sub sale that Northwood has?

Wow....looks kind of hard to sell but then again maybe most bot for own stay hence all not selling....

Lao Hu
30-08-09, 00:05
U mean the 3 transactions that we have seen so far are the only sub sale that Northwood has?

Wow....looks kind of hard to sell but then again maybe most bot for own stay hence all not selling....

Most owners actually bought for own stay (80-90%), but are willing to let go if there is decent profit, >680psf. But as I mentioned, bank valuation is low and hence the owner may not even get 80% loan if they are on DPS (Bank may give first owner full valuation). Not sure how many buyer willing to fork out $70-80k on top of valuation to buy an unit in Northwood. Even if the owner try to cut loss by rental, not sure can get $2 per psf, then need to top up payment on top of rental to cover bank instalment. All this purely my guess.

If you are interested in Northwood, wait 1-2 years before you buy. E.g. Sensoria several sub-sales is getting closer to Seletaris even though it is a much newer estate. My guess again but don't :banghead: when the price cheong high high :doh: .

Condorich
31-08-09, 11:17
Most owners actually bought for own stay (80-90%), but are willing to let go if there is decent profit, >680psf. But as I mentioned, bank valuation is low and hence the owner may not even get 80% loan if they are on DPS (Bank may give first owner full valuation). Not sure how many buyer willing to fork out $70-80k on top of valuation to buy an unit in Northwood. Even if the owner try to cut loss by rental, not sure can get $2 per psf, then need to top up payment on top of rental to cover bank instalment. All this purely my guess.

If you are interested in Northwood, wait 1-2 years before you buy. E.g. Sensoria several sub-sales is getting closer to Seletaris even though it is a much newer estate. My guess again but don't :banghead: when the price cheong high high :doh: .

Some past buyers are in serious trouble... be patient... this project is for self stay folks... You have to like the helicopter noise to stay there.... rumours has it that the camp may be moved but it is at best rumours.. anything is possible.

Fire is burning... :simmering:

kurby
31-08-09, 11:29
I wonder how should I go about looking for desparate sellers?

Shd I try to get a unit before TOP or wait after TOP....but of course wife would like to get the house brand new...which is why we ar eskewed towards new condo.....but fo rme I am open to resale (especially if it can be 20% lower in cost...can use that 20% to do some real nice renovation...)

I doubt the camp will move....it is an extremely huge camp...linked all the way to gambas and woodlands ave 2....maybe the unit will move but not the camp....

Condorich
31-08-09, 13:49
1) Try combing the SAT's classifed and do cold calls..., especially those listed as fire sales or call owner.

2) Next, leverage on a extremely well connected agent to provide you with the leads.. pay him well if a deals comes through.

3) Just go and view the available listings... if it is suitable, do you own background checks on the owner... where he/she stays, his joint income level etc... some are quite obvious (cannot afford or buy for investment without the means) where others needs some more work. Agents would most probably tell you that they must sell or not.

4) Link up with developer and banks... owners in distress are in their radar.

5) Advertise that you are a buyer looking for bargains. Wait for sincere owner to call.

Lastly, you will need luck as a good deal will most probably go to the agent themselves or a related party. Why share when they can have a piece of the pie? If ever... be PATIENT!..... that has been proven to be most effective. If you need a new unit.... buy around TOP time where owners are supposed to complete the loan. A bargain may appear if they are unable to do so.

Don't bother about the camp... it is rumours and it should stay for a pretty long time since they are doing some construction work at the seletaris side.... but if it is going to be moved, the airbase could be moved to seletar area.... there's an existing camp there... and the area is huge!

kurby
31-08-09, 14:29
Thanks for the info....

How do we check on the income level of the seller? Will the agent disclose the name of the sellers?

Condorich
31-08-09, 15:01
Thanks for the info....

How do we check on the income level of the seller? Will the agent disclose the name of the sellers?

That is something you have to work on...

Sometimes it is easy to get when you know how and where to get.. seller's name can be obtained from developer's register.. provided they are going to release it to you... you have to do some work. Otherwise... you will not be rewarded with that fire sales...

Many ways to check on income, just legal or not... legal way, go buy a credit report if the name of owner is available.

A very easy way is to offer fire sales prices...for all viewings, if the owners are desperate... they will contact you. No need much work but you will lose a lot of face.

kurby
31-08-09, 16:15
That is something you have to work on...

Sometimes it is easy to get when you know how and where to get.. seller's name can be obtained from developer's register.. provided they are going to release it to you... you have to do some work. Otherwise... you will not be rewarded with that fire sales...

Many ways to check on income, just legal or not... legal way, go buy a credit report if the name of owner is available.

A very easy way is to offer fire sales prices...for all viewings, if the owners are desperate... they will contact you. No need much work but you will lose a lot of face.

Thanks Condorich.

Am willing to work on it...just clueless on where to start....especially getting the name part :)

Right now sure will kanna from agents if we offer fire sales price....but of coz no harm trying if I really wanna get a goo dprice....

Lao Hu
31-08-09, 20:18
Thanks Condorich.

Am willing to work on it...just clueless on where to start....especially getting the name part :)

Right now sure will kanna from agents if we offer fire sales price....but of coz no harm trying if I really wanna get a goo dprice....

Let us know if you secure a good price. So far best offer is 820k for 1313sqft and 890k for 1335sqft. ;)

Condorich
01-09-09, 09:39
Let us know if you secure a good price. So far best offer is 820k for 1313sqft and 890k for 1335sqft. ;)

Then wait for the next one... it is a high now... If they can find buyers, they are saved. If they cannot find buyers, they are fried.

No harm going in 1 to 2 years after top when all you need is a new coat of paint plus new reno...

The best offer is quite reasonable...why don't close it?

A thing to note about firesales... let the owners and agents pester you to commit and not the other way round. Agents do give false information at times if not (most of the time?)

The last 3 transactions are below cost to about $100k loss....

Northwood destined to be Dead wood?

housewife
01-09-09, 10:51
Then wait for the next one... it is a high now... If they can find buyers, they are saved. If they cannot find buyers, they are fried.

No harm going in 1 to 2 years after top when all you need is a new coat of paint plus new reno...

The best offer is quite reasonable...why don't close it?

A thing to note about firesales... let the owners and agents pester you to commit and not the other way round. Agents do give false information at times if not (most of the time?)

The last 3 transactions are below cost to about $100k loss....

Northwood destined to be Dead wood? How do u know "The last 3 transactions are below cost to about $100k loss"? how to find out?

Condorich
01-09-09, 11:12
How do u know "The last 3 transactions are below cost to about $100k loss"? how to find out?

Do your research... many ways, go to ura link and access realis...or get it free from somewhere.

1. 1313 sqf Jul 09 $810,000 617 psf Bought at Jul 07 at 615 psf $807,240 (loss)
2. 1604 sqf Jul 09 $810,900 506 psf (no past record of transaction)
3. 1346 sqf Jun 09 $770,000 572 psf Bought at Jun 07 at 627 psf $843,510 (loss)

$843,510 - $770,000 - stamp - legal fees - agent commission - bank interest etc... about $100k loss.

housewife
01-09-09, 11:34
Do your research... many ways, go to ura link and access realis...or get it free from somewhere.

$843,510 - $770,000 - stamp - legal fees - agent commission - bank interest etc... about $100k loss.
thanx Condorich!

kurby
01-09-09, 12:09
Those who bot Northwood for investment are in for a tough ride...

Lao Hu
01-09-09, 23:29

Good info. Thanks for sharing.

Lao Hu
05-09-09, 11:10
Fourth transactions at a loss

4. 1313 sqf Jul 09 $800,000 609 psf.

kurby
05-09-09, 11:13
Seems like investor are offloading....i should start calling the agents leow..see if can negotiate a good deal...

tokbooncheng
08-09-09, 15:02

hi Condorich,

Can help to provide the link to view transaction with history.

Thanks

Honesty
09-09-09, 00:05

Hi condorich, any idea why is this condo selling at loss ( cheap). when every where else is selling at profit now?

Condorich
09-09-09, 16:45
link available at ura web site, no idea why getting cheap, perhaps the owners could not obtain loans

Lao Hu
09-09-09, 22:56
Fifth transactions
5. 1313 sqf Aug 09 $820,000 625 psf.

Selling for loss or breakeven?

Condorich
10-09-09, 23:17
Bought in May 07 @ $595 psf, $781k. Sold in Aug 09 @ $625 psf, $820k.

A break even to me... if can it cover stamp $18k and agents commission lawyer fee and interest (y amount).

Looks like the investors are giving up on this project. I would stay clear from this project also... the downside risk is simply too much to stomach... Can learn and predict by looking at the values of surrounding properties... which were once high (new) and then take a deep dive when the initial euphoria is gone (old).

Lao Hu
15-09-09, 23:19
6th and 7th transactions at a gain
6. 1313 sqf Aug 09 $844,000 643 psf.
7. 1313 sqf Aug 09 $860,888 656 psf.

Should be reaching $888,888 at 679psf in lunar 8th month. :D
Patience is gold. Kurby, you bought one of the above unit?

kurby
15-09-09, 23:37
No din buy yet...sms a few agents but all doesn't look too eager to let go...

anyway mr mah has spoken whcih i thot he would....so let's wait for 1Q to see how things turn out....

If prices really do soften, I may go for Calrose instead...

Condorich
16-09-09, 09:22
Yes, that is much better in terms of location and potential.

Lao Hu
30-09-09, 22:52
8th transaction lower
8. 1313 sqf Sep 09 $830,000 632 psf.

kurby
01-10-09, 23:58
Anyone wanna guess how low this will go??

Condorich
02-10-09, 08:55
Wild Guess

550 to 600 (1 year)

kurby
14-11-09, 20:26
Haha aginst all odds the price of this development actually is increasing hahah

Just went to view a unit today and the latest offer was 693psf...

The thing i like about this unit:

1. Good layout, mostly squarish
2. Large windows = good amount of lights

What I dun like:

1. Small yard for laundry
2. The helicopter noise, though it was very quiet during the weekends...

Lao Hu
14-11-09, 20:45
Haha aginst all odds the price of this development actually is increasing hahah

Just went to view a unit today and the latest offer was 693psf...

The thing i like about this unit:

1. Good layout, mostly squarish
2. Large windows = good amount of lights

What I dun like:

1. Small yard for laundry
2. The helicopter noise, though it was very quiet during the weekends...

Went to Northwood twice to see the 3BR 1335sqft at Blk 60, another 3BR 1313 sqft with the other layout, and a 4BR ~1800sqft at Blk 62.

For 1335 sqft, I dun like:
1) West facing for two of the bedroom
2) Large Balcony with no drainage, in fact it rain heavy when I visited the unit and water will accumulate there
3) Master bedroom wardrobe can only be accessed after door close.

For 1313 sqft, I dun like:
1) No privacy in toilet (Full height window) which can be viewed in close proximity from neighbours (less than 10m away).
2) U can see your neighbour clearly in all bedroom.

For all, I dun like:
1) Large balcony and planter
2) Price :tongue3:

I am giving up on Northwood.

Lao Hu
14-11-09, 21:10
In case you need the latest transaction.

1. 1604 sqf Oct 09 $965,000 602 psf.
1. 1313 sqf Oct 09 $810,810 618 psf.

But most selling near $700psf.

kurby
14-11-09, 21:38
wow ur transaction is really up to date...not even on URA site yet

i actually quite like the big balcony...can put a table and chairs for some outdoor activities...another thing that I am really concern with is the use of large amount of white in the house and in the compound....if the paint used is substandard, we will see the molds and stains coming out very soon...

i dun mind getting a unit there but will only get the 1313 sqf units....

Now wait for price to soften....agent say sold one last week for 908k...wow:scared-4: :scared-4:

Condorich
15-11-09, 11:54
willing buyer willing seller...

no need to give any impression. Only time will tell in years time when alternative developments are up. EC in Yishun and MCL Land's project Beside Yishun Stadium.

Kurby, I thought that you were looking for fire sales and now you are at the other side on the camp... being very happy when prices go up... vested interest or agent?

kurby
15-11-09, 17:29
Did i gave the impression that I am happy with the high price? No I am not happy but I just find it amusing that there are people paying 908K for an apartment here...hahaha

I am still lookin for fire sales but I guess it is too late now since already TOP and no one seems urgent to sell. Agents are not interested to even talk to us if we offer anything less than 900K???

Yesterday went open house and agent has an offer of 910K and already with that they dun even bother to ask what can we offer...seems like they are already satisfied with that price...

got a scolding from wife...the more we wait the more expensive it is!!

Condorich
16-11-09, 15:31
ok.. best of luck in your house hunting, look at seletaris and learn from it.

68 Jalan Mata Ayer #01-18
Freehold
$602
$965k
26 Oct 09
60 Jalan Mata Ayer #05-06
Freehold
$517
$1140k
28 Sep 09
70 Jalan Mata Ayer #03-25
Freehold
$632
$830k
07 Sep 09
70 Jalan Mata Ayer #02-22
Freehold
$659
$865k
04 Sep 09
68 Jalan Mata Ayer #04-21
Freehold
$656
$860k
18 Aug 09
70 Jalan Mata Ayer #03-22
Freehold
$643
$844k
15 Aug 09
70 Jalan Mata Ayer #02-25
Freehold
$624
$820k
14 Aug 09
72 Jalan Mata Ayer #02-26
Freehold
$617
$810k
17 Jul 09
68 Jalan Mata Ayer #04-20
Freehold
$609
$800k
13 Jul 09
72 Jalan Mata Ayer #01-28
Freehold
$572
$770k
22 Jun 09

kurby
16-11-09, 19:39
i have now given myself another year to get an apartment...wanna wait for the government measures to take effect and at the same time if there are any dip in the price, I will take the chance to buy.

I guess prices will not go back to pre 2007 level, but will stabilise at maybe 10% above that, taking into account inflation and the higher cost of constructions of the past few years.

Went to Meadows at Pierce today. Prices are holding, but can negotiate for some discount since these are the remainder units. Any idea how much discount we can ask for? Agent mentioned 0.5-1%....

Also called an agent on Northwood today, she at first quoted 930K, i told her too ex and then she asked me to consider 900K. I counter offered 820K and we never heard from her again hahaha....feel like slapping myself now, shd have taken the 820k few weeks back!

DuffyDuck
16-11-09, 19:56
i have now given myself another year to get an apartment...wanna wait for the government measures to take effect and at the same time if there are any dip in the price, I will take the chance to buy.

I guess prices will not go back to pre 2007 level, but will stabilise at maybe 10% above that, taking into account inflation and the higher cost of constructions of the past few years.

Went to Meadows at Pierce today. Prices are holding, but can negotiate for some discount since these are the remainder units. Any idea how much discount we can ask for? Agent mentioned 0.5-1%....

Also called an agent on Northwood today, she at first quoted 930K, i told her too ex and then she asked me to consider 900K. I counter offered 820K and we never heard from her again hahaha....feel like slapping myself now, shd have taken the 820k few weeks back!

Don't slap yourself. Sometimes agent are the one who are playing the games. In fact owner is asking $xx but agent said $xxx. Agents are trying their luck to close a record detail for what he or she is selling now. Beside hitting the target, they are aiming for their 2% commission instead of 1%.

My own version of story. Been trying to Buy a Unit At Rio Vista since June this year.For example a 3 bedroom unit was asking at $730k, offer them $700k as last transaction price was the similar unit was at $660k. Sincerly give them 1% cheque but they die die reject said owner was asking at $700k ... at the end of the day, when i saw the cavart it was sold at $685k. Went back to the agent, gave so many excuse....:banghead:

2 weeks ago when back to view another project their, apparently same agent, told me now market uptrend, unit recently sold in October hit $780K, this unit is ono at $800 (same 3 bedroom) Now Nov 16, for Rio Vista only 1 transaction was done so far......

Guess some agent (RXXX) was talking bullshit. Government should look and alight these "black" property agents :simmering:

KarenK
17-11-09, 09:53
[quote=kurby]

quote]

UOL usually quite sticky (read: kiam kana) with discounts. I have previously also asked an agent on the discount & he also quoted 0.5 to 1%.

mcmlxxvi
17-11-09, 16:13
[quote=kurby]

quote]

UOL usually quite sticky (read: kiam kana) with discounts. I have previously also asked an agent on the discount & he also quoted 0.5 to 1%.

What's the point of 10% discount when developer already priced up 10% in the first place right? Haha. We have to look at the fair value.

Lao Hu
17-11-09, 22:25
Don't slap yourself. Sometimes agent are the one who are playing the games. In fact owner is asking $xx but agent said $xxx. Agents are trying their luck to close a record detail for what he or she is selling now. Beside hitting the target, they are aiming for their 2% commission instead of 1%.

My own version of story. Been trying to Buy a Unit At Rio Vista since June this year.For example a 3 bedroom unit was asking at $730k, offer them $700k as last transaction price was the similar unit was at $660k. Sincerly give them 1% cheque but they die die reject said owner was asking at $700k ... at the end of the day, when i saw the cavart it was sold at $685k. Went back to the agent, gave so many excuse....:banghead:

2 weeks ago when back to view another project their, apparently same agent, told me now market uptrend, unit recently sold in October hit $780K, this unit is ono at $800 (same 3 bedroom) Now Nov 16, for Rio Vista only 1 transaction was done so far......

Guess some agent (RXXX) was talking bullshit. Government should look and alight these "black" property agents :simmering:

Agreed with your point. In Jul 09, an agent told me that an unit in Northwood was sold at >S$880k and yet I never saw any transaction at the price yet. In Oct 09, 2 agents told me that 2 units transacted at price of S$930k. I am keeping my finger crossed for these caveats to be lodged. :tsk-tsk:

DuffyDuck
17-11-09, 22:32
Agreed with your point. In Jul 09, an agent told me that an unit in Northwood was sold at >S$880k and yet I never saw any transaction at the price yet. In Oct 09, 2 agents told me that 2 units transacted at price of S$930k. I am keeping my finger crossed for these caveats to be lodged. :tsk-tsk:

Beside both of us encounter the same problems....many others too ... and WE, buyer are being treated as an IDIOT ..... I wish there is a thread about this matter and our expert here will comment more about this matter so that the industry can be more transparent :tongue3: :D :santana:

kurby
17-11-09, 22:35
as long as the agent commission is pegged to the sales price...agent will always try to sell higher by hook or by crook...and they would hold out for higher price as long as they can (or as long as seller can hold)...

So buyer dun be stupid....be patient do homework and buy within means...

kurby
17-11-09, 22:36
[quote=KarenK]

What's the point of 10% discount when developer already priced up 10% in the first place right? Haha. We have to look at the fair value.

Developer never sell at fair value...so if you ask you may get if you dun ask you definitely dun get...so? Will you ask??

Reporter
17-11-09, 22:43
It seems like $659 psf is the highest psf so far.

Project ....... Area sqft . psf .. Price ........... Contract Date
Northwood . 1,636 ........ 633 . $1,036,000 . Oct 09
Northwood . 1,604 ........ 602 . $965,000 .... Oct 09
Northwood . 1,313 ........ 659 . $865,000 .... Sep 09
Northwood . 1,313 ........ 656 . $860,000 .... Sep 09
Northwood . 2,207 ........ 517 . $1,140,000 . Sep 09

proud owner
17-11-09, 23:02

i am not sure is there a MUST ... but i sold my condo in jun 2009 ..till now, the caveat was not lodged ..

i checked with agent and was told, buyer's lawyer said not necessarily ....
so i am not sure if you will ever see the real caveat .. or real transacted price ..

so if i am rich man and want to buy 10 units .. even if i buy high .. and dont lodge caveat .. no one will ever know .. and i can continmue to buy at low price ??

is this how it can work ?

Lao Hu
17-11-09, 23:07
i am not sure is there a MUST ... but i sold my condo in jun 2009 ..till now, the caveat was not lodged ..

so i am not sure if you will ever see the real caveat .. or real transacted price ..

so if i am rich man and want to buy 10 units .. even if i buy high .. and dont lodge caveat .. no one will ever know .. and i can continmue to buy at low price ??

Agreed with your point. Not sure whether a rich man will pay 10% above market price for a Far North condo with not much investment value. But you may be right.

kurby
17-11-09, 23:32
Maybe we shd have a law to ensure all caveat are lodged. This would then give buyer transparency on the selling price...

nav14
19-11-09, 08:11

Caveat is lodged only when a loan is taken as the banks will insist on it. If the buyer is paying cash and not taking a loan the caveat will not appear or it will appear only when the loan is applied for which for some condo's under construction can mean months or even 1-2 yrs later.

KarenK
19-11-09, 08:39
[quote=mcmlxxvi]

Developer never sell at fair value...so if you ask you may get if you dun ask you definitely dun get...so? Will you ask??

of coz ask lah. better to try than not to try, right? half a chance is better than no chance mah..... :cool:

kurby
19-11-09, 10:16
[quote=kurby]

of coz ask lah. better to try than not to try, right? half a chance is better than no chance mah..... :cool:

Yah that's what i thot too....the first rule of negotiation - always ask first!

You dun ask, you will never get.

KarenK
19-11-09, 12:48
[quote=KarenK]

Yah that's what i thot too....the first rule of negotiation - always ask first!

You dun ask, you will never get.

and always go in with info on your side so that your bargaining power will be stronger......if u go in blind, u won't know how far to press or what to do....

kurby
17-12-09, 20:32
I have a question...how do we compare the price of a ground floor unit with patio against a similar unit on the higer floor? How do we compare the psf on equivalent basis?

kurby
18-12-09, 09:55
I have a question...how do we compare the price of a ground floor unit with patio against a similar unit on the higer floor? How do we compare the psf on equivalent basis?

Anyone? I know that generally those with patio usually fetches a slightly lower psf....so how do I know if the selling psf is comparable to those units without patio?

Condorich
18-12-09, 13:26
No fixed rule

Someone commented earlier to use 0.5 to compute the excess area (which cost developer nothing but gives some utility to owners).

Area A (Price) versus

[Area A + Patio Area (x 0.5) ](Price)

Best comparison is to ignore the patio area, which means to take out the area, and do a psf to psf comparision based on the selling price. Next you assign a value to the patio area that you are willing to pay.

No fixed rule.

Reporter
18-12-09, 20:49
It seems like $659 psf is the highest psf so far.

Project ...... Area sqft . psf .. Price .......... Contract Date
Northwood . 1,636 ........ 633 . $1,036,000 . Oct 09
Northwood . 1,604 ........ 602 . $965,000 .... Oct 09
Northwood . 1,313 ........ 659 . $865,000 .... Sep 09
Northwood . 1,313 ........ 656 . $860,000 .... Sep 09
Northwood . 2,207 ........ 517 . $1,140,000 . Sep 09
Sorry! $659 psf is not the highest psf.
$697 psf is!

Northwood
Address .................................. psf .............. Area ............ Price ........... Contract Date
60 Jalan Mata Ayer #04-08 ..... $697 psf .... 1,335 sqft .... $930,000 ..... 13 Nov 09
60 Jalan Mata Ayer #02-03 ..... $674 psf ..... 1,335 sqft .... $900,000 ....... 9 Nov 09
68 Jalan Mata Ayer #01-18 ..... $602 psf ..... 1,604 sqft .... $965,000 .... 26 Oct 09
72 Jalan Mata Ayer #02-28 ..... $659 psf ..... 1,335 sqft .... $880,000 ...... 21 Oct 09

kurby
21-12-09, 06:49
End of day...settled for something that wasn't on our initial list.

I bought a 4 bedroom in Rosewood Suites, one of the remaining 4 units left on sales. There were just 4 units of 4 bedroom and one unit of groundfloor 3 bedroom left. Showroom is going to be torn down after next weekend.

Main reason for choosing this (as compared to Northwood and Seletaris) is the location. This is nearer to MRT and has direct access to the SLE within 5 minutes.

As to why not Casablanca or Rosewood? Well...wife wanted it new (all along). So I guess we have to pay for that....

Pricewise, we did not pay the most expensive, and neither are we the cheapest, close to initial launch price. With a view to stay at least 10 years (that is the time when all kids finish primary school), hope can catch the next property cycle up to sell.

mantrix
21-12-09, 16:40
Hi, how much did you buy RS for psf-wise? My guess is 600+ psf??

kurby
21-12-09, 21:30
Nope got lower than that...

mantrix
21-12-09, 22:26
then it's a good buy
cause when they first launched it was around 500psf
given the market sentiment it's still pretty reasonable
just beware if the land next door gets built up as well...

kurby
21-12-09, 23:22
Thot launch price was 580psf? Though I do see some units going lower than that but generally all were selling above that (at least for the 4 bedrooms)

Lao Hu
25-01-10, 21:35
72 Jalan Mata Ayer #03-26 Freehold $710 1313 $933k 22 Dec 09
66 Jalan Mata Ayer #04-17 Freehold $685 1313 $900k 18 Dec 09
68 Jalan Mata Ayer #05-18 Freehold $577 1948 $1125k 17 Dec 09
70 Jalan Mata Ayer #04-22 Freehold $674 1313 $885k 02 Dec 09

Not sure S$710psf is a new high in this area?

kurby
25-01-10, 21:49
It is amazing how the price of this condo moves....it's quite tranquil when you visit it on weekends...but on weekdays I dunno how noisy it would be....but still quite amazed by the price hahaha

Not for me anymore....bot a place with less helicopter noise...

Condorich
26-01-10, 07:55
It is amazing how the price of this condo moves....it's quite tranquil when you visit it on weekends...but on weekdays I dunno how noisy it would be....but still quite amazed by the price hahaha

Not for me anymore....bot a place with less helicopter noise...

You have yet to see the worst of it....

Agree that it is ulu and helicopter is really noisey.....

Maybe that is why people are selling at a lost earlier.

mantrix
08-02-10, 10:06

not true...the helicopter base is far inwards - granted, there is some occasional noise, but just the same as what is experienced by other condo owners in the north when the helicopters fly over.

And there is a distinction between tranquil and ulu - that is of course unless you are out to condemn that place.

Give me any condo and I can always find something to criticize... :2cents:

zzz1
08-02-10, 10:25

I had seen few unit there and Seletaris, so far experience once only the chopper landing/return trip or path.. It was quite loud but last for few second…

I am curious what happen when taking off ? is there a routine timing ?

kurby
08-02-10, 10:45
not true...the helicopter base is far inwards - granted, there is some occasional noise, but just the same as what is experienced by other condo owners in the north when the helicopters fly over.

And there is a distinction between tranquil and ulu - that is of course unless you are out to condemn that place.

Give me any condo and I can always find something to criticize... :2cents:

I have taken a walk around the condo one day at 8pm...trust me the helicopter noise is highly audible and I am not talking about taking off and landing...there is a helicopter noise that is constantly there for the 15min that i walked around...so for the stack that is facing the army camp, I am very sure you will hear it...but for those stacks that are away from the camp....better...prob won't hear much.

Maybe it is just that day that there was helicopter noise. But I would urge potential buyer to visit the condo during weekday and spend some time there and monitor if there are any helicopter noise and whether you can live with it.

mantrix
08-02-10, 20:16
I have taken a walk around the condo one day at 8pm...trust me the helicopter noise is highly audible and I am not talking about taking off and landing...there is a helicopter noise that is constantly there for the 15min that i walked around...so for the stack that is facing the army camp, I am very sure you will hear it...but for those stacks that are away from the camp....better...prob won't hear much.

Maybe it is just that day that there was helicopter noise. But I would urge potential buyer to visit the condo during weekday and spend some time there and monitor if there are any helicopter noise and whether you can live with it.

Kurby - I have a friend in the air base telling me the base is deep inwards - on rare occasions a smaller heli will operate nearer to the residential site but those are one-off incidents. I hope this did not motivate you to buy Rosewood suites instead though... :cheers6:

kurby
08-02-10, 22:19
2 main factors made me walk away from Northwood:

1. Potential helicopter noise. Maybe I was unlucky to encounter that rare occasion that the small heli was near the condo...but i did hear it clearly and for long enough on that night that i walk around the condo. I have school going kids, so I do not want to risk any noise pollution.
2. Price - the price for Northwood is getting out of my comfort zone. And for less, I got myself a bigger unit in Rosewood Suites, that suit my needs better. I always wanted a 4 bedroom cause then i can get a study room for the kids and myself....

Anyway, buyers do your own homework and decide whether you like the location etc etc....anyone can say anything here...true or not...just go to the condo on different days, different timing and watch and hear for yourself, the noise, the sun etc etc....if you like it...buy it...

Reporter
01-03-10, 23:20
72 Jalan Mata Ayer #03-26 Freehold $710 1313 $933k 22 Dec 09
66 Jalan Mata Ayer #04-17 Freehold $685 1313 $900k 18 Dec 09
68 Jalan Mata Ayer #05-18 Freehold $577 1948 $1125k 17 Dec 09
70 Jalan Mata Ayer #04-22 Freehold $674 1313 $885k 02 Dec 09

Not sure S$710psf is a new high in this area?
$710 psf is history now.
Almost-1-year-old Northwood has set a nëw hïgh of $720 psf!

Northwood
Address ............................ psf ............ Area ........... Price ......... Contract Date
70 Jalan Mata Ayer #04-23 .... $720 psf .... 1,313 sqft .... $945,000 .... 20 Jan 10

Condorich
02-03-10, 07:39
no more fire sales...

normal sales now... and perhaps

profitable sales even.

Lao Hu
02-03-10, 09:51
$710 psf is history now.
Almost-1-year-old Northwood has set a nëw hïgh of $720 psf!

Northwood
Address ............................ psf ............ Area ........... Price ......... Contract Date
70 Jalan Mata Ayer #04-23 .... $720 psf .... 1,313 sqft .... $945,000 .... 20 Jan 10

It should be $743psf
62 Jalan Mata Ayer #05-14 Freehold $743 1130 $840k 14 Nov 09

Reporter
02-03-10, 09:57
It should be $743psf
62 Jalan Mata Ayer #05-14 Freehold $743 1130 $840k 14 Nov 09
Oops! I missed that one for Northwood.

Luckily you corrected me early, otherwise my posting may have .....

kurby
02-03-10, 11:19
Amazing!....

The lucky few who bot the fire sales must be very happy now...but then again you dun gain until you realise it :)

Condorich
02-03-10, 11:39
Yup, that is all an illusion... if you sell and take profit... the replacement property is also expansive and may result in a net loss even if you sold at a price higher than what you have bought...a possible gain if you switch to a smaller property or another more ulu location home.

Anyway it is now on its way up now... But it may even drop again in future to a price lower than the firesales price or keep on climbing. Can go either way, just at different point in time, like SHARES. Look at The Euphony and you will understand.

mantrix
09-03-10, 10:14
seems like with nearby LH Estuary hitting past 800psf - FH Northwood is also appreciating. Gone are the days when they were selling 600++psf...:banghead:

sebas3049
18-03-10, 22:18
I bought a unit at blk 60 1335sqft for 940k.I am happy with the unit although it has some mild west sun. Fortunately, the trees from the camp sought of block the afternoon sun, so still ok.
My wife prefer privacy and like the limited numbr of units at Northwood.
With nearby Estuary selling close to 800psf and 99yrs lease , I think Northwood is a reasonable buy.

The other plus point is the big balcony. Me and my wife spent lots of time on gardening, so we like it.

The other plus point is macdonalds and jacks place and a seafood restaurent is around the corner. Chong Pang food centre and market is just a short drive away, not to mention the lucky Toto store there.

Only concern is the helicopter noise. Been there in the morning, afternoon.. so far I did not have a chance to experience it..

Hopefully we can leave there for a long time.

I read alot in this forum.. more negative than positive.. but personally I like this property alot...

mantrix
18-03-10, 23:50
I bought a unit at blk 60 1335sqft for 940k.I am happy with the unit although it has some mild west sun. Fortunately, the trees from the camp sought of block the afternoon sun, so still ok.
My wife prefer privacy and like the limited numbr of units at Northwood.
With nearby Estuary selling close to 800psf and 99yrs lease , I think Northwood is a reasonable buy.

The other plus point is the big balcony. Me and my wife spent lots of time on gardening, so we like it.

The other plus point is macdonalds and jacks place and a seafood restaurent is around the corner. Chong Pang food centre and market is just a short drive away, not to mention the lucky Toto store there.

Only concern is the helicopter noise. Been there in the morning, afternoon.. so far I did not have a chance to experience it..

Hopefully we can leave there for a long time.

I read alot in this forum.. more negative than positive.. but personally I like this property alot...

Haha you mean live there for a long time, not leave there for a long time. Any idea if there are still units like yours selling at this price? I do agree that 700psf for freehold is good deal but I'm still looking...

sebas3049
20-03-10, 23:43
Haha you mean live there for a long time, not leave there for a long time. Any idea if there are still units like yours selling at this price? I do agree that 700psf for freehold is good deal but I'm still looking...
I think on Stack 60 there is one unit on the 3rd floor selling around this price. They plan to rent it if they can't sell it.

DC33_2008
21-03-10, 11:57

I have to first qualify that I am not an agent nor own a unit there. Some lesser known freehold and older development next to One St Michael is selling at about 650-700psf. It is near the city fringe and 8 mins from Boon Keng mrt stn.

sebas3049
22-03-10, 10:13
I have to first qualify that I am not an agent nor own a unit there. Some lesser known freehold and older development next to One St Michael is selling at about 650-700psf. It is near the city fringe and 8 mins from Boon Keng mrt stn.

You can't compare an old development versus a just TOP site. I have a friend leaving in St Michael. It has limited facilities and most of the units are tenanted to foreign students from China and Myanmar. Usually centrally located condo are good for rental income. IMHO, Northwood is more suitable for living. I doubt it can command rental benefits due to its ulu location...

Condorich
22-03-10, 10:32
You can't compare an old development versus a just TOP site. I have a friend leaving in St Michael. It has limited facilities and most of the units are tenanted to foreign students from China and Myanmar. Usually centrally located condo are good for rental income. IMHO, Northwood is more suitable for living. I doubt it can command rental benefits due to its ulu location...

yup... leaving..... (living) :)

Everything is nice except the noise. Anywhere near airports are subject to it. How about Casa Meya?

25 Meyappa Chettiar Road #08-03
Freehold
$506
$610k
20 Oct 09
25 Meyappa Chettiar Road #06-03
Freehold
$518
$625k
20 Oct 09

mantrix
22-03-10, 10:51
yup... leaving..... (living) :)

Everything is nice except the noise. Anywhere near airports are subject to it. How about Casa Meya?

25 Meyappa Chettiar Road #08-03
Freehold
$506
$610k
20 Oct 09
25 Meyappa Chettiar Road #06-03
Freehold
$518
$625k
20 Oct 09

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/housing-in-singapore/singapore-property/code4082431-apartment-condo-buy-CASA-MEYA.htm

they selling 1053psf leh...

recently TOP'ed?? This is in Potong Pasir - not relevant

Condorich
22-03-10, 14:29
http://www.singaporeexpats.com/housing-in-singapore/singapore-property/code4082431-apartment-condo-buy-CASA-MEYA.htm

they selling 1053psf leh...

recently TOP'ed?? This is in Potong Pasir - not relevant

Yup, replied since he said saint michael area, back to northwood...

why is it named northwood and northgold, northwater, northlight, northland... other elements. :cool:

zzz1
24-03-10, 15:26
Yup, replied since he said saint michael area, back to northwood...

why is it named northwood and northgold, northwater, northlight, northland... other elements. :cool:

ha ha that true..when i heard this north WOOD..1st thing come into my mind is in woodlands...don know why
but again..is just a name...

sebas3049
21-04-10, 23:44
i was there on a weekday with my fengshui master. His comment is positive as the place is quiet ( good for living). On another weekday with my renovation contractor, we stayed there from 12-5 pm and did not have a chance to witness the so called helicopter noise coming from the barracks. A quick check with a resident who was at the pool side also confirmed that the frequent helicopter noise is not as noisy as what people are claiming in the forum.

I also spoke to the management office person ( office happen to be within Northwood premises) and he also informed me that he hardly hear any high decibel noise coming from the nearby camp. It is occasional that you hear the helicopter zoomng past the condo.

Another quick check with the cleaner at the nearby Sembawang Country Club( yes I am a member there) and confirmed that the helicopter noise is not significant enough to call it as Deafening.

I am moving into the new unit in JUNE. Looking forward to my first taste "living" in a freehold condo.

2 main factors made me walk away from Northwood:

1. Potential helicopter noise. Maybe I was unlucky to encounter that rare occasion that the small heli was near the condo...but i did hear it clearly and for long enough on that night that i walk around the condo. I have school going kids, so I do not want to risk any noise pollution.
2. Price - the price for Northwood is getting out of my comfort zone. And for less, I got myself a bigger unit in Rosewood Suites, that suit my needs better. I always wanted a 4 bedroom cause then i can get a study room for the kids and myself....

Anyway, buyers do your own homework and decide whether you like the location etc etc....anyone can say anything here...true or not...just go to the condo on different days, different timing and watch and hear for yourself, the noise, the sun etc etc....if you like it...buy it...

kurby
28-04-10, 13:48
I am glad you like the place, thats the most important isn't it, especially for self stay.

Do homework, like it, buy it...simple as that...:)

i was there on a weekday with my fengshui master. His comment is positive as the place is quiet ( good for living). On another weekday with my renovation contractor, we stayed there from 12-5 pm and did not have a chance to witness the so called helicopter noise coming from the barracks. A quick check with a resident who was at the pool side also confirmed that the frequent helicopter noise is not as noisy as what people are claiming in the forum.

I also spoke to the management office person ( office happen to be within Northwood premises) and he also informed me that he hardly hear any high decibel noise coming from the nearby camp. It is occasional that you hear the helicopter zoomng past the condo.

Another quick check with the cleaner at the nearby Sembawang Country Club( yes I am a member there) and confirmed that the helicopter noise is not significant enough to call it as Deafening.

I am moving into the new unit in JUNE. Looking forward to my first taste "living" in a freehold condo.

sebas3049
29-04-10, 00:06
Hey Dude,

Thanks for your words. I fully agree with you.
If you like the unit, no matter what or how others view, you willl still buy it. Go with your heart and (money) sense and everything will be alright.

I just make friend with another forum user here. Nice chap.
He also got a unit and had moved in this year. Both of us shared the same thoughts- we want a place that we can call home, where we can relax at the balcony with a glass of wine or beer , unlike some property that is over-crowded with locals and PR foreigners crowding the babarcue pits, function room and swimming pool on a weekend. I have lived in HDB my whole life and I am not racist or anything like that, but I have friends living in an existing condo ( more than 10 yrs old) and most of the owners or tenants are mostly from China or India.

By the way, are you that guy who bought a unit in Woodlands? is it Rosewood or some others? Hope you like your place too. :)

I am glad you like the place, thats the most important isn't it, especially for self stay.

Do homework, like it, buy it...simple as that...:)

sebas3049
22-05-10, 02:31
NORTHWOOD JALAN MATA AYERCondominium1980,0001,335Strata734Apr-
Northwood latest URA transaction (Apr 2010) is 734psf!!!
Up Up Up!!

mantrix
27-09-10, 09:01
NORTHWOOD JALAN MATA AYERCondominium1980,0001,335Strata734Apr-
Northwood latest URA transaction (Apr 2010) is 734psf!!!
Up Up Up!!

Just checked the caveats for NW - the psf actually passed 800psf...

Think whole of the far north is slowing but surely moving up...

rattydrama
04-10-10, 17:16
Just checked the caveats for NW - the psf actually passed 800psf...

Think whole of the far north is slowing but surely moving up...

I visited sensoria FH, 2bedder selling 860K, still can nego. Check it out. new and nice project although only 70+ units.

mantrix
07-10-10, 20:26
I visited sensoria FH, 2bedder selling 860K, still can nego. Check it out. new and nice project although only 70+ units.

I've seen it before - nice balinese theme but lack of facilities. Also do you know the carpark entrance is one lane only? Which means if you want to go in and someone wants to come out one has to give way.

Psf is actually higher than Northwood, which is bigger and newer - good thing is that it takes 5min to walk to Sembawang shopping centre.

Anyway gave this a miss especially when u consider that their buying price was around 500psf (some lower)

Andy82
18-07-18, 18:37
Hi is this project still worth buying?
Am looking to purchase a FH north area.
Current price is ard $970psf.
For advice/comments. Thanks

Arcachon
18-07-18, 20:50
Hi is this project still worth buying?
Am looking to purchase a FH north area.
Current price is ard $970psf.
For advice/comments. Thanks