PDA

View Full Version : 3 mths or 12 mths SIBOR

ngloong
13-08-09, 22:07
Very undecided. Your advice is much appreciated

Localite
14-08-09, 08:30

go for 1 month sibor if u r looking for lowest current rate. but if u want predictable cashflow then go for 12 month.

very personal decision. no one can advice u.

terence
14-08-09, 08:34

My opin is that interest rates will start to look up in 2010. The only reason Federal Reserve did not raise rates this week was because they were worried that it will dampen any positivity in the US economy. Hence go with a 12 months SIBOR if you can.

I'm in a 3 month SIBOR myself. Once my place TOP end of the year, i will switch to 1 year as well. Hopefully rates remain low.

loopy
14-08-09, 08:38

Please refer to the following:

http://www.post1.net/lowem/entry/singapore_sibor_rate_falls_to_0_69_in_jan_2009_lowest_since_apr_2004

Banks are trying to get as much business as possible. And banks of course hope the rate will move up in future.

You may want to ask the fees charged by bank. Also, if the rate is going up too much, what is the 2nd best choice and charges to switch to a different type of loan.

ngloong
14-08-09, 10:30
I gathered from friends, you guys, and bankers that the low interest rates is too good to last forever. At best, minor upsides should creep in by year end, and next year more gradual hikes to 1.5% for 3-mth sibor. i am wondering why certain banks do not offer 12mth sibor at all. Is it a system issue, marketing issue, or costing issue stopping them from promoting it ?