PDA

View Full Version : Waterina Condo

ckt77
23-08-09, 22:29
Anybody has comments on the Waterina Condo.

1. What is the current psf for this condo ?
2. Is it walking distance to the Paya Lebar MRT or the upcoming Circle Line MRT ?
3. How is it compare to the condo surrounding it ?

Daniel Foo
23-08-09, 22:43

2. Is it walking distance to the Paya Lebar MRT or the upcoming Circle Line MRT ?

1) PSF= about 650psf

2) I think it is walking distance to the Geylang Red light district. To nearest MRT, it is very far away. At least 3 -4 bus-stops to Paya Lebar MRT.

3) located near the quieter end of Geylang Red light district. Nearer Guillemard Rd side. Near to Korean school.

Condorich
25-08-09, 14:05
1) PSF= about 650psf

2) I think it is walking distance to the Geylang Red light district. To nearest MRT, it is very far away. At least 3 -4 bus-stops to Paya Lebar MRT.

3) located near the quieter end of Geylang Red light district. Nearer Guillemard Rd side. Near to Korean school.

The road name is Geylang Lorong 40. Nice development with lots of water features... I took a walk around the pool late at night and I must say that there were a lot of tenants from China.. be it student etc.. Even a TCS celebrity family was seen living there.

Daniel Foo
25-08-09, 14:18
The road name is Geylang Lorong 40. Nice development with lots of water features... I took a walk around the pool late at night and I must say that there were a lot of tenants from China.. be it student etc.. Even a TCS celebrity family was seen living there.

Not advisable to buy there because of the perception of Geylang area.
There will not be any resale value down the road for your unit even you can get it very cheap now.

I have a friend who stay at Atrium Residences (Lor 28).
http://www.singaporeexpats.com/singapore-property-pictures/condo/atrium-residences.htm

Look decent inside with the pool & landscape etc but guess what when you walk down the that Lorong towards Guillamard side, you see a row of red light brothels on the same side. Especially during evening time & at night, you will see many China gals parading themselves on the road.

Not an ideal place to buy Waterina especially if you have young children or female occupants. You may be mistaken to be one of the prostitues :2cents: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Geylang OKT
12-03-10, 22:58
Not advisable to buy there because of the perception of Geylang area.
There will not be any resale value down the road for your unit even you can get it very cheap now.

I have a friend who stay at Atrium Residences (Lor 28).
http://www.singaporeexpats.com/singapore-property-pictures/condo/atrium-residences.htm

Look decent inside with the pool & landscape etc but guess what when you walk down the that Lorong towards Guillamard side, you see a row of red light brothels on the same side. Especially during evening time & at night, you will see many China gals parading themselves on the road.

Not an ideal place to buy Waterina especially if you have young children or female occupants. You may be mistaken to be one of the prostitues :2cents: :doh: :doh: :doh:

How much? :D :D :D

Wild Falcon
14-03-10, 16:22
Geylang is indeed popular with the PRC crowd but in all fairness, some of them are decent people and not all are chickens. The police have been raiding the place very frequently - hopefully that will clean up the area a bit.

jitkiat
14-03-10, 18:13
This FH project should be within 500m to Dakota MRT. Dakota 99LH is 1000psf .... that is the power of the name of the road

Ronan Loh
09-04-10, 15:25

Personally , waterina is FH and worth for $. Especially circle line operates in April 2010.

Now owner realise that and ask for more in sale ....

Viewed a pool viewing 3 bedder two years ago... quite good in term of size and facility....

Paya lebar will turn for new face-lift , 2nd CBD .........

Ronan Loh
09-04-10, 15:29

Personally , waterina is FH and worth for $. Especially circle line operates in April 2010.

Now owner realise that and ask for more in sale ....

Viewed a pool viewing 3 bedder two years ago... quite good in term of size and facility....

Paya lebar will turn for new face-lift , 2nd CBD .........

urban
09-04-10, 17:13
Near Geylang no?

Wild Falcon
09-04-10, 18:15
Yes. The address should read "Geylang Lor xx" - but the higher lorongs which are supposed to be "cleaner" but nevertheless still Geylang which carries a stigma. I know of someone who stays there and people always talk behind her back why she single lady stay in red light district Geylang?

new2mondrian
10-04-10, 21:38

1) Not sure about current psf. can easily check it up yourself with the caveats lodged in streetsine.com or ura.gov.sg

2) Walking distance to paya lebar - shd be ard 10mins. close proximity to paya lebar interchange.

3) depends on what u want to buy a unit at Waterina for. For self-stay, really depends on whether you have kids and if your wife (or yourself if you are a female) can take it. For kids, my personal view is a no no. Lots of China mei meis staying there, and if you drive by at night u can see some of them waiting for cab(s) outside the gate, and skimpily dressed.

I have friends staying there.... mainly to get their kids into the neighbouring Kong Hwa school. But they all moved shortly after school registration is over. 3 years ago, I was considering a FH condo project at Lor 36 (Evergreen View) which was about to be launched at 620-670psf. But as I surveyed the area with my hubby and infant son AT 3PM on a weekend afternoon, there were streetwalkers who passed by that area (between Lor 36 to Lor 40) and they smiled at my hubby, notwithstanding the infant in my arms and my presence. That's the reality of staying in Geylang.

Anyway, the official red-light district ends at Lor 28. Hence anything in Lor 30 and above are deemed as suitable collateral by banks, hence financing should not be an issue.

For investment, really depends on whether the plans for Paya Lebar take off. The area has potential; but again it also depends on how much Geylang can be cleaned up.

Hope the above helps.

smallant
10-04-10, 23:26
With all the raids... and more raids.. Geylang will be dead.. or already dead ! :D

Condorich
11-04-10, 03:08
I have friends staying there.... mainly to get their kids into the neighbouring Kong Hwa school. But they all moved shortly after school registration is over. 3 years ago, I was considering a FH condo project at Lor 36 (Evergreen View) which was about to be launched at 620-670psf. But as I surveyed the area with my hubby and infant son AT 3PM on a weekend afternoon, there were streetwalkers who passed by that area (between Lor 36 to Lor 40) and they smiled at my hubby, notwithstanding the infant in my arms and my presence. That's the reality of staying in Geylang.

For investment, really depends on whether the plans for Paya Lebar take off. The area has potential; but again it also depends on how much Geylang can be cleaned up.

Hope the above helps.

Yes... smiling when you are around. Sleeping? when you are not around. Don't mean with your husband.;) That's the thing about D14.. very cheap to buy with sleeze, very expansive thereafter when it is cleaned up. If it is ever going to be cleaned up. Not likely to happen with those Hotel investments around and the international fame. But anything is a possibility. My bet is that it will never be cleaned up. You want to clean it and have a instant Price increase? Change the road name from Geyland Lorong xx to some other prestigious name. Maybe to Gerrard Street 88.. hahaha.. dream on.

http://www.londondrum.com/cityguide/gerrard-street.php

new2mondrian
12-04-10, 19:30
Yes... smiling when you are around. Sleeping? when you are not around. Don't mean with your husband.;) That's the thing about D14.. very cheap to buy with sleeze, very expansive thereafter when it is cleaned up. If it is ever going to be cleaned up. Not likely to happen with those Hotel investments around and the international fame. But anything is a possibility. My bet is that it will never be cleaned up. You want to clean it and have a instant Price increase? Change the road name from Geyland Lorong xx to some other prestigious name. Maybe to Gerrard Street 88.. hahaha.. dream on.

http://www.londondrum.com/cityguide/gerrard-street.php

actually that's why we did not buy the Evergreen View property at Lor 36. to be honest, the s*x trade is the oldest and most tenacious trade in the world... not to mention that it is recession proof. there will always be a demand, and hence most governments would rather choose to regulate it (hence to maintain some level of control; though how successful the control is will be highly subjective) than to ban it (causes it to go underground). Geylang has always been zoned for such activities, and people have come to accept it. To move the red-light district from Geylang to anywhere else will be a political disaster; not to mention it would be tough to totally eradicate the streetwalkers in Geylang.

The Paya Lebar/Kallang riverside has potential - yes; but to buy into Geylang one needs to do so with eyes open. For Waterina at $850psf, I'd rather go for East Coast or Bendeemer at $1000psf.

Reporter
14-04-10, 00:00
Wow!
The Waterina has a nëw hïgh of $959 psf!

The Waterina
Address ............................... psf ........... Area ........... Price ........... Contract Date
69 Lorong 40 Geylang #03-49 .... $823 psf .... 1,130 sqft ...... $930,000 .... 25 Mar 10
61 Lorong 40 Geylang #05-27 .... $761 psf .... 1,313 sqft .... $1,000,000 ... 11 Feb 10
67 Lorong 40 Geylang #03-39 .... $959 psf ...... 667 sqft ...... $640,000 .... 22 Jan 10

Reporter
29-04-10, 00:12
The Waterina has a nëw hïgh of $971 psf!

The Waterina
Address ............................... psf ............ Area .......... Price .......... Contract Date
65 Lorong 40 Geylang #01-34 .... $971 psf .... 721 sqft ...... $700,000 .... 13 Apr 10

Reporter
11-06-10, 12:26
The Waterina has a nëw hïgh of $1,023 psf!

The Waterina
Address ............................... psf ............... Area .......... Price ......... Contract Date
73 Lorong 40 Geylang #04-56 .... $1,023 psf .... 635 sqft ...... $650,000 .... 20 May 10

Geylang OKT
11-06-10, 23:51
Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse units Cheong Ahhhh!!! :D :D :D

phantom_opera
02-04-13, 15:34
Huat ah Huat ah

2013-03-21 #XX-XX 1,324 1,254 2008-03-24 773 $636,844 1,823 10.2
2013-01-30 #XX-XX 2,142 980 2005-01-14 429 $1,180,242 2,938 10.8

fairynova
16-05-18, 10:42

Waterina is clearly the best condo in the area in terms of size of units and facilities. It is around 6-7 mins walking distance from both Dakota and Paya Lebar MRT. Super convenient in every way