PDA

View Full Version : Espada (D9, Freehold, Novelty Orchard Development Pte Ltd)

andy
05-11-09, 17:18
Address: St Thomas Walk
One block of 32-storey Condominium development comprising of 235 residential units with provision for basement Carparks, 2 levels of Sky Terraces, Swimming Pool, BBQ, Gym, Tennis Court and other Communal Facilities

235 units consists of the following;
114 nos small size 1brm 344/355/377sqft
29 nos good size 1brm 452/560sqft
56 nos 1brm + study 646/689sqft
28 nos 2 Bedrm unit 667/721sqft
05 nos 1brm Penthouse 657/667sqft
02 nos 1+study PentHse 1270sqft
01 nos 2brm Penthouse 1313sqft

Best Q/A I have received from agent

Why is it so small in size?
Ans: Well, there is no homeshelter and washing is at balcony.
;)

dtrax
05-11-09, 17:23
i heard is $2.3k psf n up for this development

Property_Owner
05-11-09, 18:17
The rooms for Suites @ Central already so small! Damn, staying in a MM unit will restrict kids grow.

sltc
05-11-09, 19:00
The rooms for Suites @ Central already so small! Damn, staying in a MM unit will restrict kids grow.Just viewed a few units at Suites@Central. The rooms are really small. Anyone knows why there are still so many units vacant ? TOP in Mar'09. Looks like rental mkt is still very weak. With so many new condos coming up at Killiney area, can the mkt digest so many units ? Maybe we can expect fire sales in 2010.

teddybear
05-11-09, 20:10
Not like that lah. Their kids will like the MM very much and want to be like MM. :D

The rooms for Suites @ Central already so small! Damn, staying in a MM unit will restrict kids grow.

cheerful
05-11-09, 21:27
haha.. home for the hobbits..

proud owner
05-11-09, 21:56
haha.. home for the hobbits..

with so many MM units / projects going on ...

it makes so much more sense to keep/buy big units...

honestly if they really believe more expats will come .. then there will be demand for 3-4 bedder units .. and i mean 1500-2300 sqft not 1130 sqft for 3 bedroom

so if you have big units .. KEEP ...

bargain hunter
06-11-09, 00:58
any idea when it is going to be launched? i can drop by the showroom to take a look. :)

Address: St Thomas Walk

One block of 32-storey Condominium development comprising of 235 residential units with provision for basement Carparks, 2 levels of Sky Terraces, Swimming Pool, BBQ, Gym, Tennis Court and other Communal Facilities

235 units consists of the following;

114 nos small size 1brm 344/355/377sqft
29 nos good size 1brm 452/560sqft
56 nos 1brm + study 646/689sqft
28 nos 2 Bedrm unit 667/721sqft
05 nos 1brm Penthouse 657/667sqft
02 nos 1+study PentHse 1270sqft
01 nos 2brm Penthouse 1313sqft

Best Q/A I have received from agent

Why is it so small in size?
Ans: Well, there is no homeshelter and washing is at balcony.
;)

jlrx
06-11-09, 07:03

Wasn't that what Reporter did yesterday with his mysterious D9 execution plan?

honestly if they really believe more expats will come .. then there will be demand for 3-4 bedder units .. and i mean 1500-2300 sqft not 1130 sqft for 3 bedroom

Of course. Don't sell anything now (in fact I'd never advocated selling anything, anytime).

The Mickeymousation of Singapore has just begun. There will be a systematic revaluation of prices, as we close the gap with Hong Kong.

There is simply no reason why Hong Kong's property prices should be higher than ours, when our average income is about the same as theirs. It's simply because they have had smaller apartments all along.

It has taken our developers 40+ years to wake up to this fact. :cheers1:

See! Even my avatar has changed to "Mickey Mouse" to worship this new god of fortune arriving in Singapore!

http://disney-clipart.com/mickey-mouse/mickey-mouse/mickey-mouse-10.jpg

Reporter
06-11-09, 07:54

... agree with you ... 1500-2300 sqft ... against the grain ... but need patience ...

andy
06-11-09, 12:46
... agree with you ... 1500-2300 sqft ... against the grain ... but need patience ...

Are you saying we should buy big units for rentability or to wait for enbloc so that they can be made small again?

Reporter
06-11-09, 13:00
Are you saying we should buy big units for rentability or to wait for enbloc so that they can be made small again?
I think we can consider:
1. Buying big unit to rent to expats.
2. Buying big new unit to sell to foreigners (to park their money or (maybe) for own stay).
3. Buying big old unit to try for enbloc.

I personally wouldn't try (3) as there are too much uncertainty. Of course we can't deny many millionaires were made from enbloc. "No risk no gain!"

MM will continue to be a favourite, especially among the locals. I believe "Mickeymousation" will rewrite a lot of pricing history books going forward. Perhaps big units will benefit from "Mickeymousation".

andy
06-11-09, 13:13
I think we can consider:
2. Buying big new unit to sell to foreigners (to park their money or (maybe) for own stay).

I personally wouldn't try (3) as there are too much uncertainty. Of course we can't deny many millionaires were made from enbloc. "No risk no gain!"

MM will continue to be a favourite, especially among the locals. I believe "Mickeymousation" will rewrite a lot of pricing history books going forward. Perhaps big units will benefit from "Mickeymousation".

You guys are so exciting to bounce ideas and hopefully you also very successful investors. I love this forum;)

I agree with (1) and (2). One thing I noticed is that expats don't like high rise. In fact they like those ground floor with patios. But nowadays not many dev't with such features. Those old units the building oredi too old and facilities cannot match those new TOP.

How about larger units with extra large balconies?

jlrx
06-11-09, 21:52
I think we can consider:

In fact, option (3) above is the most certain to make money.

It is only a matter of time before you make lots of money. You just need the holding power.

However, there is a price to everything.

The price you have to pay is:

1. Due to the age of the property, you have to rent out to strange tenants whom you may probably never meet in life otherwise. :scared-3:

2. Having ceiling boards falling onto your head or cuts on your hand with permanent scars. :scared-3:

3. Having nightmares of being trapped in an old haunted apartment where the gates cannot be opened because they are rusty. :scared-3:

4. Being ridiculed by people saying you are "greedy", or "it's a pipe dream" and you will never succeed. :scared-3:

If you can withstand all these, the money is almost a certainty. It's only a matter of time.

andy
06-11-09, 22:24
I think we can consider:

I'm wondering if we look at units that are more "blue chip" One that can easily be bought and sold during good and bad times.

Is there is liquidity index for development projects?
No of units sold over a period (eg 6 months)/Total number of units within project

proud owner
06-11-09, 22:44
In fact, option (3) above is the most certain to make money.

It is only a matter of time before you make lots of money. You just need the holding power.

However, there is a price to everything.

The price you have to pay is:

1. Due to the age of the property, you have to rent out to strange tenants whom you may probably never meet in life otherwise. :scared-3:

2. Having ceiling boards falling onto your head or cuts on your hand with permanent scars. :scared-3:

3. Having nightmares of being trapped in an old haunted apartment where the gates cannot be opened because they are rusty. :scared-3:

4. Being ridiculed by people saying you are "greedy", or "it's a pipe dream" and you will never succeed. :scared-3:

If you can withstand all these, the money is almost a certainty. It's only a matter of time.

you are right to some extend ..

in 2006, my friend who owns a 1500 sqft 3 bedder in Pacific mansion...almost sold it for 780k

i told her to keep ..
she said too old already ..
it was rented out at that time for 1.8k while shes renting a smaller unit herself at $900 ..so she pocket $ 900 a mth ..

i told her ..you go spa once a week already spend abt $500 a mth ..leaving 400 ..thats ntg to you .. and doesnt make sense at all ..i told her to take back the unit, throw in 10k to renovate and move in instead .

i managed to convince her not to sell (paper work all done, just short of signatory)..
she spent 8k and renovated till nice nice and move in ..

true enuff in 2007/8 the price went up to 1.8 mio ..
she said enbloc coming up ..and according to committee's calculation, she stood to receive 3.2 mio ..

at that time, i felt the fair value, with a little future value priced in would be 1800 psf .. meaning 2.7 mio .. so i told her to sell at 2.4 mio ..go advertise in the paper ..

she did .. and received 10 phone calls between 8-9 am and one even willing to buy withouit viewing ..

she was excited, and yet worried ..
saying if enbloc its 3.4 mio , and why i asked her to sell at 2.4 mio

to me ..enbloc is an uncertainty .. from 2006 to 2008, from 780k to 2.4 mio ...why not ?? if i didnt stop her, she would have already sold at 780k ..
so she should sell at 2.4mio ..take the money .. even at 1800 psf, 2.7 mio ..let someone else take that risk and make that 300k ..

SHE DIDNT LISTEN TO ME ..

and it fell thru ...

she could have sold at 2.4mio and bought back in 2009 at 900k

anyway ..she later rented it to out an expat couple ..who wanted renovated, but not nice nice unit ..cos they enjoy doing a little updating themselves ... ahahahha

it is still rented to them today at 4.5k ...

jlrx
06-11-09, 23:45
you are right to some extend ..

in 2006, my friend who owns a 1500 sqft 3 bedder in Pacific mansion...almost sold it for 780k

i told her to keep ..
she said too old already ..
it was rented out at that time for 1.8k while shes renting a smaller unit herself at $900 ..so she pocket $ 900 a mth ..

i told her ..you go spa once a week already spend abt $500 a mth ..leaving 400 ..thats ntg to you .. and doesnt make sense at all ..i told her to take back the unit, throw in 10k to renovate and move in instead .

i managed to convince her not to sell (paper work all done, just short of signatory)..
she spent 8k and renovated till nice nice and move in ..

true enuff in 2007/8 the price went up to 1.8 mio ..
she said enbloc coming up ..and according to committee's calculation, she stood to receive 3.2 mio ..

at that time, i felt the fair value, with a little future value priced in would be 1800 psf .. meaning 2.7 mio .. so i told her to sell at 2.4 mio ..go advertise in the paper ..

she did .. and received 10 phone calls between 8-9 am and one even willing to buy withouit viewing ..

she was excited, and yet worried ..
saying if enbloc its 3.4 mio , and why i asked her to sell at 2.4 mio

to me ..enbloc is an uncertainty .. from 2006 to 2008, from 780k to 2.4 mio ...why not ?? if i didnt stop her, she would have already sold at 780k ..
so she should sell at 2.4mio ..take the money .. even at 1800 psf, 2.7 mio ..let someone else take that risk and make that 300k ..

SHE DIDNT LISTEN TO ME ..

and it fell thru ...

she could have sold at 2.4mio and bought back in 2009 at 900k

anyway ..she later rented it to out an expat couple ..who wanted renovated, but not nice nice unit ..cos they enjoy doing a little updating themselves ... ahahahha

it is still rented to them today at 4.5k ...

Pacific Mansions is today being transacted at $1,100 psf, which means your friend's unit is worth about $1.65 million if sold on the open market.

They tried to achieve (unsuccessfully) an en bloc price of $2,400 psf in 2007.

Business Times - 19 Jun 2007

At $2,400 psf ppr, Pacific Mansions will cost more than The Ardmore which was transacted at $2,338 psf ppr on Sunday.

The owners of Pacific Mansions could each make $2,200 psf of strata area - an estimated premium of 140 per cent to the average current transaction price (since January) of about $900 psf.

For $2,200 psf of strata area, your friend's unit would have netted $3.3 million, but it did not materialise. Never mind.

Let's work out. If St. Thomas Walk, which is just nearby Pacific Mansions, can achieve $2,300 psf and above, then the breakeven cost would be around $2,000 psf. Subtracting $400 psf for building and financing costs (this being a higher end area), that's an en bloc price of $1,600 psf. (No development charge is payable for this site).

The calculations for this site is a bit unusual because they have already built up beyond their allowable plot ratio of 2.8, to 3.84 (but the Government allows them to keep this, hence no development charge is payable).

At $1,600 psf ppr, the price per strata area would be around (2200/2400 * 1600) = $1,467 psf. Making your friend's unit worth (en bloc valuation) $2.2 million.

That's still much better than selling it at $780k in 2006 which she would have done if not for having a good friend like you.

Anyway, history has shown, time and again, that the best advise for properties is: Don't Sell.

wonderbee
25-11-09, 13:51
How is the soft launch for Espada? sold out yet? Is this condominium or apartment (came across an ad stated as apartment)?

home-run
26-11-09, 17:53
close to 60 units sold as of 2pm today...not too bad...as usual the units that move first are those small units with low quantum...

However there are still choice facing units...if u are keen to take a look at the showflat, do feel free to drop me a buzz at 81835132 or visit my website at www.lusholmz.com (http://www.lusholmz.com) to download the e-brochure.

Finishing is not too bad...Facilities-wise top class for a D09 condo =)
IAS avail which makes the project easier to sell out fast...Nothing much you can complain about the location if u enjoy the yuppie lifestyle of D09 :cheers6:

Reporter
29-11-09, 21:11
Close to 70 units sold as of today.

bargain hunter
30-11-09, 00:49
only about 10 units sold from friday 2pm till today? :doh:

Close to 70 units sold as of today.

home-run
30-11-09, 18:27
of cos lah...heard developer adjusted pricing up 4% due to overwhelming response for first 2 days...:spliff:

bargain hunter
30-11-09, 19:28
how can 70 out of 232 units sold be called overwhelming response???

of cos lah...heard developer adjusted pricing up 4% due to overwhelming response for first 2 days...:spliff:

sleek
30-11-09, 19:46
how can 70 out of 232 units sold be called overwhelming response???

Probably only release 30 units at launch, so they overwhelmingly sold 70 units lor. :D

teddybear
30-11-09, 19:56
Sold out rate is 70/30 = 233%? :D

Probably only release 30 units at launch, so they overwhelmingly sold 70 units lor. :D

bargain hunter
30-11-09, 21:31
i was there last friday, all units are available for booking. however, when u see URA statistics next month, they will probably say launched 80, sold 70 or something. LOL.

Sinclone
02-12-09, 13:03
Check out this site for details

http://www.propertylaunch.sg/Espada.php

Reporter
15-12-09, 17:36
Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of November 2009

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
Espada .............. CCR ........ 61 ........................... 61 .............................. 2,673 ............. 2,322 ............ 2,180
Less than 27% sold during launch in November.

shauntanzs
10-01-10, 20:26
Today I went down to the show room. Strange the 2 bedder is psf is more ex than the 1 bedder. The showroom is so small and I was wondering if the rich would ever want to stay here. The low floor 2 bedder is priced at 2500psf.

Any comment on the fair psf?

Regards

Shaun

Reporter
15-01-10, 22:40
Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of December 2009

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
Espada ........... CCR ....... 81 ........................ 21 .......................... 2,462 ........... 2,337 ........... 2,170
Can't break November's launch high of $2,673 psf.

Reporter
24-01-10, 23:44
http://www.propnex.com/images/PropnexLogo.jpg
Press Release
Core Central (CCR) boom expected on back of private property stability
PropNex
Friday, 22 January 2010

The private residential property market continued its recovery in 4Q09 with a 7.4% increase in its price index to 165.7, just 11.8 points shy of the previous peak in 2Q08 of 177.5.

“We are seeing signs of stability and the potential for sustained growth,” says PropNex CEO Mr Mohamed Ismail, recalling his earlier comments that the price index’s sudden and sharp recovery in 3Q09, with a 15.8% increase over 2Q09, was unlikely to continue at that rate.

“The bullish showing in 2009, especially for mass market projects, has cooled down, now that the demand for such properties, mainly by HDB upgraders, has largely been sated,” he says. “This is evident in the fact that the prices in the Outside Central region (OCR), where the mass market projects are located, only increased by 6.3%. In addition, there were fewer mass market launches in the last quarter of 2009, unlike the middle of the year when hundreds of units would be launched in each project per month.”

He contrasts this with the Core Central region (CCR) and Rest of Central region (RCR), whose prices showed greater increases of 7.3% and 9.5% in 4Q09 respectively.

“The OCR prices increased by 11.8% for 2009 as a whole, while the CCR's and RCR’s prices dropped by 1.8% and increased by 3.0% respectively, because 2009 saw many HDB upgraders entering the mass market,” Mr Ismail explains. “In 2010, we are more likely to see investors returning with confidence to pick up properties in the CCR and RCR at reasonable prices.

He cites The Shore Residences at Amber Road (median sale price of $1,144psf), Parvis at Holland Hill (median sale price of $1,495psf) and Espada at St. Thomas Road (median sale price of $2,337psf) as examples of such properties.

“The latest figures show us that there is still a demand for property,” observes Mr Ismail, “with buyers exhibiting confidence that prices will continue to hold. In fact, I expect the CCR and RCR to lead the private property growth in 2010.”

Mr Ismail forecasts an average growth of 3–4% per quarter in URA’s price index for 2010, with overall growths of 5–8% for the OCR, 8–10% for the RCR and 12–18% for the CCR.

He concludes by explaining that prices in 2010 will also continue to rise due to more developers launching smaller units at higher psf costs, especially from 2Q10 onwards.

Reporter
17-02-10, 21:29
Can't break November's launch high of $2,673 psf.
November 2009 high of $2,673 psf has been broken.
The nëw hïgh is $2,771 psf now!

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of January 2010
Espada ............ CCR ....... 111 ...................... 33 .......................... 2,771 ........... 2,475 ........... 1,995

Sinclone
27-02-10, 05:06
New Launch Property coming to St Thomas Walk (Somerset Area)

http://www.propertylaunch.sg/images/espada/logo.jpg

ESPADA @ St Thomas Walk

http://www.propertylaunch.sg/images/espada/main.jpg

Best Selling in District 9. Selling Fast. Act Now
Call Now for Price Quote and Viewing Appointments

An Excellent District 9 Location for Own Stay and Investment
Low Quantum, Price to Sell Development
Perfect Investment Development not to be missed
Rare Hot Project in the District 9, Excellent investment sizes
Outstanding Quality Interior Finishes

1 Blocks of 32 Storey
232 units of Studio, 1, 1+Study, 2 bedroom and Penthouse units
Starting from $8xxk

OWN THE ULTIMATE LUXURY WHERE THE SKY IS YOUR PLAYGROUND
Through an aspiration that made us reach for the stars, the ones that set us apart from the mundane, we have created a living that truly embraces you in rarity. Rising like a glistening jewel in the prestigious enclave of St. Thomas Walk, the magnificence of this 32-storey residence will own the attention of every passerby. Comfort, style and class are interwoven with a disciplined architectural planning. And accented by the architectural language comprising elements of generous quality, the architectural grandeur is simply second to none. Exclusivity is paramount in each of the 232 apartments for you to feel life at the top truly is like owning the sky.

Located in super prime of District 9
Outstanding Iconic Facade that shines the vicinity
Rare 1 bedroom and 1+Study layout in District 9
Best Freehold Investment, Low quantum. Fantastic layout.
Exclusive, Prestigious and Glamorous Singapore Urban City*Living
Quiet and Cosy in the heart of the City and without HDB in sight (Rare)
Convenient, walking distance to Orchard Shopping Belt
Hundreds of amenities within 1 km vicinity
Paranomic View of district 9 and Orchard
Highly sought after address in Singapore
6 mins walk to Somerset MRT
Mins walk to Orchard Shopping Belt
Near Future Art Entertainment, Esplanade and City Hall
Near SMU and many international institute
5 mins drive to future Marina IR, Singapore Flyer and CBD
Easy access to Major Expressway
High Quality Finishes and branded appliances with every unit
Very High Capital appreciation and Rental Yield

Visit http://www.propertylaunch.sg/Espada.php for info, floorplans and brochures
Call 6100 8090 / 8181 1129 / 97999 757 for enquiries and viewing appointments

Regulators
13-03-10, 00:10
:eek: A Huttons agent told me he bought a super mickey mouse unit at Espada for $2300psf. Guess what is the size? It is 355sqft!!!:eek: He told me rental is $4k per month :doh: :doh:

All the mickey mice in orchard....CHEONG AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!:eek:

proud owner
13-03-10, 00:29
:eek: A Huttons agent told me he bought a super mickey mouse unit at Espada for $2300psf. Guess what is the size? It is 355sqft!!!:eek: He told me rental is $4k per month :doh: :doh:

wow

then my friend who is renting Suites @ Central 818 sqft for 4.1k is damn good price lor ?

august
13-03-10, 08:25

the project is not even half way built, how to have rental? :confused:

Reporter
13-03-10, 08:47

$2,300 psf is $471 psf below the hïgh $2,771 psf.

Cheap!

EBD
13-03-10, 12:12
I was walking to my friends place on St Thomas & passed the Espada agents, who were amusingly hawking their place with handout flyers.

At the time it was 2k/psf and 300sqft. The sales pitch claimed you could get 4k/month rental.

I then arrived at my friends place , a 3 bedroom 1200sqft apartment about 50 m away. He's paying rental of 2800 / month. I have one place on Kim Yam 4 bedroom 1500+sqft and current rental environment gets you not much more than 4k.

How do they expect people to believe you can get more rent for a quarter of the space? I guess there's a sucker born every minute.

At some point everyone's going to wake up the fact a human being can't live in 300sqft. I guess that's when the holders of the mickey mouse units will get that special sinking sensation as they try to offload their units to the greater fool and realise that actually it's them.

august
13-03-10, 12:40
I was walking to my friends place on St Thomas & passed the Espada agents, who were amusingly hawking their place with handout flyers.

At the time it was 2k/psf and 300sqft. The sales pitch claimed you could get 4k/month rental.

I then arrived at my friends place , a 3 bedroom 1200sqft apartment about 50 m away. He's paying rental of 2800 / month. I have one place on Kim Yam 4 bedroom 1500+sqft and current rental environment gets you not much more than 4k.

How do they expect people to believe you can get more rent for a quarter of the space? I guess there's a sucker born every minute.

At some point everyone's going to wake up the fact a human being can't live in 300sqft. I guess that's when the holders of the mickey mouse units will get that special sinking sensation as they try to offload their units to the greater fool and realise that actually it's them.

imho when owners get desperate they may resort to short term lease renting to all types.. thats the potential problem with MM units, and eventually this affects the neighbourhood and surrounding projects too. :eek:

personally i was looking at killiney area last yr, but gave it a miss once some developers started launching projects with MM units.

Regulators
13-03-10, 13:23
this is the agent's projected rental for his unit...

the project is not even half way built, how to have rental? :confused:

Regulators
13-03-10, 13:32
i fully agree with you, i think that agent is in for some shit if the market for such tiny units move southwards with declining demand. Such locations are really meant for the rich who pay in excess of $4 million for their vacation homes and not for mickey mice with mickey mouse bank accounts. Those holding 3xxsqft units will eventually be played out of the market

EBD
13-03-10, 15:22
imho when owners get desperate they may resort to short term lease renting to all types.. thats the potential problem with MM units, and eventually this affects the neighbourhood and surrounding projects too. :eek:

personally i was looking at killiney area last yr, but gave it a miss once some developers started launching projects with MM units.

On the other hand they are very efficient to live in. Can cook my dinner while sitting on the toilet!

300 sqft is less than a 18ftx18ft square. Approx 3x my body length. My current kitchen is bigger.

EBD
13-03-10, 15:31
i fully agree with you, i think that agent is in for some shit if the market for such tiny units move southwards with declining demand. Such locations are really meant for the rich who pay in excess of $4 million for their vacation homes and not for mickey mice with mickey mouse bank accounts. Those holding 3xxsqft units will eventually be played out of the market

Maybe I should ask for 1500/300 *4k for rent. Cool 20k / month. I should be 100% confident of getting it, can't forsee any potential problems with it.

I guess I'll have to start writing in big red fonts or make up some "religion" to show my over excitement. :doh:

Regulators
14-03-10, 18:35
don't be too overly excited, coz i think the agent was sprouting nonsense from his a**.

Maybe I should ask for 1500/300 *4k for rent. Cool 20k / month. I should be 100% confident of getting it, can't forsee any potential problems with it.

I guess I'll have to start writing in big red fonts or make up some "religion" to show my over excitement. :doh:

EBD
14-03-10, 19:05
don't be too overly excited, coz i think the agent was sprouting nonsense from his a**.
:):):)
i think so too.....

Reporter
15-04-10, 19:20
Espada has a nëw hïgh of $2,825 psf!

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of March 2010
Espada ............ CCR ....... 142 ...................... 20 .......................... 2,825 ........... 2,371 ........... 2,268

dtrax
15-04-10, 20:19
The power of mickey mouse unit

hk2313
06-12-10, 11:58
just received this mail.....has anybody taken a real look at this project ..... 721 sqf for 2 bedder seems extra small....

Hi ! "Robinson Suites" typical unit 100% Sold@$3300 (http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/dc/%22Robinson%20Suites%22@$3200)+- Psf

Price are still below 2007 boom levels @D9 (http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/dc/levels@D9).........!

Freehold "Espada"@ Orchard Selling Fast....Hurry !

IAS scheme available.....

Superb Location and Good Investment return!!

32 Storeys high-rise Development with Full Condo Facilities in Orchard and just minutes walk to Somerset MRT!!

ESPADA @ St Thomas Walk

http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f21194%5fAKXgjkQAAAbhTPxdBAHDzA8xXEQ&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f21194%5fAKXgjkQAAAbhTPxdBAHDzA8xXEQ&pid=3&fid=Inbox&inline=1

http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f21194%5fAKXgjkQAAAbhTPxdBAHDzA8xXEQ&pid=4&fid=Inbox&inline=1http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f21194%5fAKXgjkQAAAbhTPxdBAHDzA8xXEQ&pid=5&fid=Inbox&inline=1http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f21194%5fAKXgjkQAAAbhTPxdBAHDzA8xXEQ&pid=6&fid=Inbox&inline=1

http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f21194%5fAKXgjkQAAAbhTPxdBAHDzA8xXEQ&pid=7&fid=Inbox&inline=1http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f21194%5fAKXgjkQAAAbhTPxdBAHDzA8xXEQ&pid=8&fid=Inbox&inline=1http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f21194%5fAKXgjkQAAAbhTPxdBAHDzA8xXEQ&pid=9&fid=Inbox&inline=1

Developer: Novelty Group
Project Name: Espada
Tenure: Freehold
Land Size: Approx 38,756sqft
Facilities: Tennis Court, 4xPool, Spa, Gym, Sky Terrace, Sports Bar, etc
Est TOP: 15 DEC 2014
Total Units: 232 luxurious units

Unit Types for Selection

Typical Units

1 bedroom sizes from 355 / 377 / 452 / 560sqft -Fully SOLD !

1 + Study from 646 & 689sqft -Limited units left

2 bedrooms from 667 & 721sqft - Limited units left

Penthouse Units

1br / 1+S / 2br Penthouses from 657sqft to 1313sqft -

(all sizes quoted are estimates and subject to change as required by authority)

Estimated Prices:

1 Bedroom from Fully SOLD !

1+Study from $1.54 mil

2 Bedrooms from $1.73 mil

WHY ESPADA??

TOP 6 SELLING POINTS!

1) FREEHOLD, PRIME DISTRICT 9,MINS TO SOMERSET MRT AND ORCHARD ROAD !

2) FROM $1.54 m Very Affordable price to own a masterpiece in Orchard road! Where else can u find such attractive properties in prime D9, Orchard, Brand new and freehold and yet near mrt?

3) 3 Different level of luxurios facilities and architechure iconic building sitting on the high ground in orchard which give you a 5 star living lifestyle, where else?

4) Investment Return, better than rest your $ with the bank or cpf board ??

5) Quality Finishing> Branded Stuffs provided by developer ( Lema , Bontempi,Gaggenau,Gessi and duravit)..Classy ...like driving a ferrari,owning a LV or Prada ..Branding shown different in you!

6) Interested Absorption Scheme (IAS) still available for Espada with DBS. Such a good offer by developer, how can u resist?

Amenities Nearby:
• Somerset MRT Station (Est 5 Mins walk)
• Orchard Road shopping belt (Est 10 mins walk)
• Vibrant Nightlife & Urban Living (Cineleisure,Heeren,TakaShimaya,Paragon etc)
• Excellent Rental Yield due to shortage of small units in the city (>4%-5%)
• Great Investment Grade project with Super Potential Capital Gain when economy pick up.
• Short drive to future MARINA and SENTOSA Integrated Resorts (Estimated 15-20mins)
• CIRCLE LINE COMPLETION 2010 and 2011..MINS to CBD and travelling thru city and towns. So convenience!

EBD
06-12-10, 13:12
Sounds like you're having a hard time selling it. Any ideas why?

bargain hunter
06-12-10, 13:14
think u can read our comments above, the 2 bedder is extra small esp. after all the bay windows and planters and balconies are thrown in. :D

just received this mail.....has anybody taken a real look at this project ..... 721 sqf for 2 bedder seems extra small....

Hi ! "Robinson Suites" typical unit 100% Sold@$3300 (http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/dc/%22Robinson%20Suites%22@$3200)+- Psf

Price are still below 2007 boom levels @D9 (http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/dc/levels@D9).........!

Freehold"Espada"@ Orchard Selling Fast....Hurry !

IAS scheme available.....

Superb Location and Good Investment return!!

32 Storeys high-rise Development with Full Condo Facilities in Orchard and just minutes walk to Somerset MRT!!

ESPADA @ St Thomas Walk

http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f21194%5fAKXgjkQAAAbhTPxdBAHDzA8xXEQ&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f21194%5fAKXgjkQAAAbhTPxdBAHDzA8xXEQ&pid=3&fid=Inbox&inline=1

http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f21194%5fAKXgjkQAAAbhTPxdBAHDzA8xXEQ&pid=4&fid=Inbox&inline=1http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f21194%5fAKXgjkQAAAbhTPxdBAHDzA8xXEQ&pid=5&fid=Inbox&inline=1http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f21194%5fAKXgjkQAAAbhTPxdBAHDzA8xXEQ&pid=6&fid=Inbox&inline=1

http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f21194%5fAKXgjkQAAAbhTPxdBAHDzA8xXEQ&pid=7&fid=Inbox&inline=1http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f21194%5fAKXgjkQAAAbhTPxdBAHDzA8xXEQ&pid=8&fid=Inbox&inline=1http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f21194%5fAKXgjkQAAAbhTPxdBAHDzA8xXEQ&pid=9&fid=Inbox&inline=1

Developer: Novelty Group
Project Name: Espada
Tenure: Freehold
Land Size: Approx 38,756sqft
Facilities:Tennis Court, 4xPool, Spa, Gym, Sky Terrace, Sports Bar, etc
Est TOP: 15 DEC 2014
Total Units: 232 luxurious units

Unit Types for Selection

Typical Units

1 bedroom sizes from 355 / 377 / 452 / 560sqft -Fully SOLD !

1 + Study from 646 & 689sqft -Limited units left

2 bedrooms from 667 & 721sqft - Limited units left

Penthouse Units

1br / 1+S / 2br Penthouses from 657sqft to 1313sqft -

(all sizes quoted are estimates and subject to change as required by authority)

Estimated Prices:

1 Bedroom from Fully SOLD !

1+Study from $1.54 mil

2 Bedrooms from $1.73 mil

WHY ESPADA??

TOP 6 SELLING POINTS!

1) FREEHOLD, PRIME DISTRICT 9,MINS TO SOMERSET MRT AND ORCHARD ROAD !

2) FROM $1.54 m Very Affordable price to own a masterpiece in Orchard road! Where else can u find such attractive properties in prime D9, Orchard, Brand new and freehold and yet near mrt?

3) 3 Different level of luxurios facilities and architechure iconic building sitting on the high ground in orchard which give you a 5 star living lifestyle, where else?

4) Investment Return, better than rest your $ with the bank or cpf board ??

5) Quality Finishing> Branded Stuffs provided by developer ( Lema , Bontempi,Gaggenau,Gessi and duravit)..Classy ...like driving a ferrari,owning a LV or Prada ..Branding shown different in you!

6) Interested Absorption Scheme (IAS) still available for Espada with DBS. Such a good offer by developer, how can u resist?

Amenities Nearby:
• Somerset MRT Station (Est 5 Mins walk)
• Orchard Road shopping belt (Est 10 mins walk)
• Vibrant Nightlife & Urban Living (Cineleisure,Heeren,TakaShimaya,Paragon etc)
• Excellent Rental Yield due to shortage of small units in the city (>4%-5%)
• Great Investment Grade project with Super Potential Capital Gain when economy pick up.
• Short drive to future MARINA and SENTOSA Integrated Resorts (Estimated 15-20mins)
• CIRCLE LINE COMPLETION 2010 and 2011..MINS to CBD and travelling thru city and towns. So convenience!

Jonathan0503
13-05-11, 15:20
How is espada compared to the 2 new projects of Devonshire residences and The Boutiq?

jezz
13-05-11, 18:32
How is espada compared to the 2 new projects of Devonshire residences and The Boutiq?

Expada definitely better bcos is novelty.

Devon Resi by Oxley and their quality dropping

Boutiq this proj more like low rise apt so not worth to compare

bargain hunter
13-05-11, 18:42
from layout point of view, i prefer boutiq to espada. more liveable.

Jonathan0503
13-05-11, 23:01
from layout point of view, i prefer boutiq to espada. more liveable.

I saw the layout of the espada 4xx/5xx sqft 1 bedroom and it seems quite good leh. Can even put a 4-seater dinning table.

The 3xx sqft of course cannot be compared

bargain hunter
14-05-11, 22:50
that would be the 04 stack and west sun facing. not sure if it matters if u r renting to ang mor though. :)

but the 560 sq ft one, balcony + planter seems a little too excessive.

I saw the layout of the espada 4xx/5xx sqft 1 bedroom and it seems quite good leh. Can even put a 4-seater dinning table.

The 3xx sqft of course cannot be compared

devilplate
14-05-11, 22:59
Get the 3xxsqft better

Jonathan0503
14-05-11, 23:31
Get the 3xxsqft better

3xx sqft i find is really too cramp leh.

Furthermore majority of espada is 3xx sqft. Will be too competitive if looking for tenant in future

devilplate
14-05-11, 23:52
3xx sqft i find is really too cramp leh.

Furthermore majority of espada is 3xx sqft. Will be too competitive if looking for tenant in future
Ic...the bigger layout ones aso quite small.....now dining table area bigger....the living hall still abt the same size ....

No other project ar? I tot the boutiq layout looks alrite

Jonathan0503
15-05-11, 11:52
Ic...the bigger layout ones aso quite small.....now dining table area bigger....the living hall still abt the same size ....

No other project ar? I tot the boutiq layout looks alrite

Problem with Boutiq is

1) Low rise
2) Don't like the whole panel of cabinets (the kitchen) flanking the entire stretch of living/dining area. Makes it look like a shop/store
3) Can't put a full (4-seater) dining table at the dining area as the table cannot be push all the way to the wall. Unless convert the living to the dining and vice-versa which i find is also not a good idea

Just my opinion...no offence to those who like Boutiq...

DC33_2008
15-05-11, 12:07
May have to go for custom-make dining table. Ikea mayu have some of such furniture. Hong Kong or Japan may have such compact and innovative furniture.
Problem with Boutiq is

1) Low rise
2) Don't like the whole panel of cabinets (the kitchen) flanking the entire stretch of living/dining area. Makes it look like a shop/store
3) Can't put a full (4-seater) dining table at the dining area as the table cannot be push all the way to the wall. Unless convert the living to the dining and vice-versa which i find is also not a good idea

devilplate
15-05-11, 12:31
Problem with Boutiq is

1) Low rise

actually for studios/1bedder....can make do without dining table or just a mini 2 seater dining table will do....

i will not put in a dining table..most impt is the size of the living hall....can throw in a nice coffee table to act as a dining table as well.....ur targeted renter is single or at most couple tat usually dun cook one:D

ya...saw the boutiq layout....strange to have the kitchen cabinet all the way to living room....can ask the developer dun build so long anot? hehe

chuays
15-05-11, 12:55
BTW,hows the finishing by Novelty Group?Anybody seen LUMA?

dtrax
15-05-11, 12:57
LUMA shwrm not bad all the high end stuff un shwrms.. actually finishing not sure though :)

devilplate
15-05-11, 13:09
novelty is the best mm developer....their furnishing always vy high end and modern:D

jezz
15-05-11, 15:11
BTW,hows the finishing by Novelty Group?Anybody seen LUMA?

Novelty is the best mm dev and deliver quality finishing. Luma kitchen cabinet is italian imported. No doubt on novelty dev. If got $ go for luma 1 bedder. is an icon dev on rv groove rd. Very unique.

Worst mm dev is the one who dev suites 123, amber suite. Can't rem the name but the boss is Huttons director also.

Go check out suites amber kitchen and bathroom. Got a nice address but quality sucks.

jezz
15-05-11, 15:20
novelty is the best mm developer....their furnishing always vy high end and modern:D
Novelty also dev lucida and primo residence. Except for iridium whom my fren stayed received very bad comments abt leaking carpark and pool otherwise interior finishing very good.

My preference
1. Espada
2. Illumnaire
3. Devon residences

Boutiq is over priced I think

Jonathan0503
15-05-11, 22:00
From the brochure of espada that i read, Novelty indeed provide quality furnishings, with all the high-end brands.

Jonathan0503
15-05-11, 22:02
actually for studios/1bedder....can make do without dining table or just a mini 2 seater dining table will do....

i will not put in a dining table..most impt is the size of the living hall....can throw in a nice coffee table to act as a dining table as well.....ur targeted renter is single or at most couple tat usually dun cook one:D

ya...saw the boutiq layout....strange to have the kitchen cabinet all the way to living room....can ask the developer dun build so long anot? hehe

Go tell the developer leh, haha

jezz
15-05-11, 22:41
From the brochure of espada that i read, Novelty indeed provide quality furnishings, with all the high-end brands.
Did u get a unit there?

richardsng_era
15-09-11, 20:35
ESPADA - Saint Thomas Walk, River Valley Road | Sales Hotline: +65-61001699 | Singapore Private Residential Apartments & Condominiums By Novelty Orchard Novelty Pte Ltd (Direct From Developer With Interest Absorption Scheme) | ForSaleByDevelopers.Net

ESPADA eBrochure / Floor Plans / Site Plan Available (Latest!)

http://www.forsalebydevelopers.net/d09-espada.html

http://www.forsalebydevelopers.net/uploads/5/2/9/9/5299959/7613451_orig.jpg

ForSaleByDevelopers.Net - Search Engine Available For Easy Search of Other Property Launches in Singapore.

ESPADA. One of the rare hilltop development to enjoy majestic view of Orchard & River Valley with Interest Absorption Scheme.

Choice Units of 1/1+Study/2/Penthouse Available.

ESPADA VVIP Sales Hotline: +65-61001699

CondoExpert.sg
14-12-11, 16:18
Espada @ Orchard (District 9)

(Visit www.CondoExpert.sg (http://www.condoexpert.sg/) or call Jonathan @ 8100-8004 for more information!)

http://www.condoexpert.sg/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/espada.jpg

Summary

Developer : Novelty Orchard Development
Est. TOP : Mid 2013
District : 9 (Orchard)
Est. Quantum Price : From $1.6Mil Up (1+Study)
No. Of Towers : 1
Tenure : Freehold
No. Of Storey : 32
Site Area : 38,756.75 sqft
No. Of Units : 232
Main Orientation : North-east/ South-west
Units Composition : 1, 1+Study, 2 Bedrooms and Penthouse
Distance to MRT : 6 mins Walk to Somerset
Buyers Eligibility : Locals/PRs/Foreigners
Payment Scheme : Normal Progressive
Primary Schools within 1km : River Valley Primary

Unit Types and Sizes

(No. of Units - Size (sqft))1 Bedroom
141 - 344 to 560

1 + Study
56 - 646 / 689

2 Bedrooms
27 - 667 / 721

1 Bedroom Penthouse
5 - 657 to 1012

1 + Study Penthouse
2 - 1270

2 Bedrooms Penthouse
1 - 1313

Total Units : 232

Facilities

Swimming Pool
Tennis Court
BBQ Area
Outdoor fitness
Gymnasium
Children’s Playground
Jacuzzi
Aqua Gym
Pool
Yoga Corner

Exterior

http://www.condoexpert.sg/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/espada-exterior.jpg

Outdoor Dining

http://www.condoexpert.sg/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/espada-dining.jpg

Site Map

http://www.condoexpert.sg/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/espada-site-map.jpg

http://www.condoexpert.sg/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/espada-sky-terrace-map.jpg

Street Map

http://www.condoexpert.sg/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/espada.jpg

Visit www.CondoExpert.sg (http://www.condoexpert.sg/) or call Jonathan @ 8100-8004 for more information on Espada as well as for other new launch condos!

schnuggi
21-05-12, 18:17
Here is a picture of the building site as on May 21. They are now working on level 24!

Jonathan0503
22-05-12, 08:19
Here is a picture of the building site as on May 21. They are now working on level 24!

The signboard says completion date is Oct 2012.

Possible since still got about 10 storeys more?

bargain hunter
22-05-12, 09:31
but TOP would still be a long time after that?

The signboard says completion date is Oct 2012.

Possible since still got about 10 storeys more?

Jonathan0503
22-05-12, 13:01
but TOP would still be a long time after that?

Thought completion date indicated on the signboard means TOP date? No?

bargain hunter
22-05-12, 13:07
novelty ever missed their TOP date before. for iridium.

Thought completion date indicated on the signboard means TOP date? No?

bargain hunter
22-05-12, 13:09
anyway, missing TOP date has no legal implications, only when they miss the LEGAL COMPLETION DATE then buyer can sue them.

Jonathan0503
09-04-13, 13:14
Finally, going to TOP, around end May...

richie$$$
24-04-13, 17:28
can find tenants for such small MM unit?

rent cheaper for bigger unit.

this project a distance to walk from MRT

Jonathan0503
24-07-13, 20:31
Just TOP. Received letter from lawyer

dtrax
24-07-13, 23:45

how muchy 1rm MM rental is asking for?

DKSG
24-07-13, 23:55

I thought Espada TOP a few months back ?
Saw 2-3 units got people stay already leh.

Was wondering how come so few people stay.

Am I mistaken ?

DKSG

DKSG
24-07-13, 23:58
how muchy 1rm MM rental is asking for?

The 377 MM can get for $3,200 or maybe lower if bargain very hard.

Interested ?

Not that I have one to rent to you la! Hahaaa!

DKSG

dtrax
25-07-13, 00:03

Interested ?

DKSG

Most seems to be asking 9.5psf/mth
haven seen any rental contracts yet on URA webby.. probably might see for june's update.

DKSG
25-07-13, 00:32
Most seems to be asking 9.5psf/mth
haven seen any rental contracts yet on URA webby.. probably might see for june's update.

dtrax should be experienced enough to know that when PG quote $3,500, it means $3,200 can get it liao!

You want Office Boy go negotiate one rental to see if can get it at $3,000 ?

But u cannot anyhow scream ice-cream coz unit too small, next door can hear exactly which flavor u screamed!

DKSG

dtrax
25-07-13, 02:54
dtrax should be experienced enough to know that when PG quote $3,500, it means $3,200 can get it liao!

You want Office Boy go negotiate one rental to see if can get it at $3,000 ?

But u cannot anyhow scream ice-cream coz unit too small, next door can hear exactly which flavor u screamed!

DKSG

ya very scary especially the skyline 360 condo nearby got 360 degrees birdseye view..can easily see how many ice-cream I eat everyday. But still worth it lar.. since agents are shouting 1886 psf skyline firesale

Jonathan0503
25-07-13, 08:18
I thought Espada TOP a few months back ?
Saw 2-3 units got people stay already leh.

Was wondering how come so few people stay.

Am I mistaken ?

DKSG

Yup, you mistaken. TOP only issued on 22 Jul.

Jonathan0503
25-07-13, 08:21

Interested ?

DKSG

Can't confirm the rental rate yet. But many agents have approached me that they have ready tenants and the rental is around $4k to $4.2k for the 452sf.

mcmlxxvi
25-07-13, 09:47
If waterbank newly top one bedder can get 3.2k to 3.5k depending on furnishing, why should D9 mm ask for anything less than 4k.

Congrats bro Jonathan.

Jonathan0503
25-07-13, 13:35
If waterbank newly top one bedder can get 3.2k to 3.5k depending on furnishing, why should D9 mm ask for anything less than 4k.

Congrats bro Jonathan.

Thanks bro mcm.

Got a lot of things need your help and advice. Buy you coffee :)

Maxim1
24-09-13, 23:21

Espada now available for rent at only $2,700! :doh:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/15550037/for-rent-espada

leesg123
25-09-13, 00:22

there will always be some desperate one.

august
25-09-13, 00:24

MM size, MM rate.

Maxim1
25-09-13, 01:05
It is really quite scary to see the 800+ ads on propertyguru for units available for rental. :scared-1:

thomastansb
25-09-13, 08:32
But the unit is really small. Already 355 sqft, still got such a big planter and balcony :doh:

Below 3k seems to be the going rate for these super MM.

smellyfish
25-09-13, 09:49
for high end MM, i can understand MM at marina bay, shenton way, where single highly paid people working in FIs dont mind just a bed nearby to crash.

but i am quite lost and curious as to what kind of tenant go for a MM at orchard road or River Valley. i always imagine people who choose orchard has a bit of budget, and wants a bit of space and serenity.

i am genuinely curious, and would appreciate any englightenment. :)

shauntanzs
25-09-13, 09:54
I was there during the launch, the 1 bedder really cannot make it.
And the funny thing is the 2bedder psf is higher than the 1bedder :beats-me-man:

blackjack21trader
25-09-13, 10:51

sibeh xiasuay arh...why everywhere i go owners all so BO-liaw one ? ALL must wait for me to take the bloody lead first har ?

Last time I first started in Regalia, GUNINAG owners especially the agent kind also lame like dunno what.

Then went R100, also very lame.

Now this Espada just recently bought a few units , the owners ALSO SO GUNIANG ! Is it many owners are GUNIANG agents in this project har ?

:mad:

blackjack21trader
25-09-13, 10:55
sibeh xiasuay arh...why everywhere i go owners all so BO-liaw one ? ALL must wait for me to take the bloody lead first har ?

Last time I first started in Regalia, GUNINAG owners especially the agent kind also lame like dunno what.

Now this Espada just recently bought a few units , the owners ALSO SO GUNIANG ! Is it many owners are GUNIANG agents in this project har ?

PUI ARH !:mad:

blackjack21trader
25-09-13, 10:57
PUI ARH !:mad:

dam it la...now I kena locked for 5 years due toi SSD with all the GUNIANG property agents here :banghead:

blackjack21trader
25-09-13, 11:05
I dunno how to market once I took over the units la....sibeh lame la.....should NOT have listen to the GUNIANG agent to unload all my CCR big units to hoot the CCR MM la.

SIBEH SABO LA! wanna make me bankrupt la , the GUNIANG property agents

august
25-09-13, 12:22
for high end MM, i can understand MM at marina bay, shenton way, where single highly paid people working in FIs dont mind just a bed nearby to crash.

but i am quite lost and curious as to what kind of tenant go for a MM at orchard road or River Valley. i always imagine people who choose orchard has a bit of budget, and wants a bit of space and serenity.

i am genuinely curious, and would appreciate any englightenment. :)

Orchard is just a few MRT stations to Marina and Shenton, provided the MRT does not breakdown.

astroboy8681
25-09-13, 12:38
gosh i browse thru the floor plans.... balcony/planter/bay windows are so so excessive... 377sqft seem to have only 250-280sqft livable space!!

somehow links my thought to "aristo" great in location, poor in design.... totally exploited haiz...

riverfish
25-09-13, 13:13
355sqft is really mickey mouse, but the common facilities are quite luxurious...I suppose some tenants are attracted by that.

The built-in cabinets a little flimsy, kinda like if you open them too often, the mechanism may get easily spoiled.

Most 355 sqft MM units asking for above $900K to above $1 million now.

blackjack21trader
25-09-13, 13:28
gosh i browse thru the floor plans.... balcony/planter/bay windows are so so excessive... 377sqft seem to have only 250-280sqft livable space!!

somehow links my thought to "aristo" great in location, poor in design.... totally exploited haiz...

now then you say :banghead:

blackjack21trader
25-09-13, 13:29
Orchard is just a few MRT stations to Marina and Shenton, provided the MRT does not breakdown.

now then YOU SAY !:banghead::banghead:

blackjack21trader
25-09-13, 13:30
355sqft is really mickey mouse, but the common facilities are quite luxurious...I suppose some tenants are attracted by that.

The built-in cabinets a little flimsy, kinda like if you open them too often, the mechanism may get easily spoiled.

Most 355 sqft MM units asking for above $900K to above $1 million now.

NOW THEN YOU SAY !!!!!

This thread was opened for how long liao ?

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

astroboy8681
25-09-13, 13:40
NOW THEN YOU SAY !!!!!

This thread was opened for how long liao ?

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

hahahaha!!! you bought without reviewing floor plans??? can't be right???

between don't thumb away at your keyboard in the same manner as J Gate defender... before it gets as sore :)

anyhow rental asking 2.7k is isolated case... 3.2-3.5k should be norm...

day dreamers are those conservatively expecting 4-5% rental yield when their project TOPed in 4years time.... not forgetting launch before TDSR with developer mouth wide opened!

with TDSR introduction, we can all see on the ground developer's softening stance which would benefit consumer more...

shitz.... why am i always talking in wrong threads...

should have mentioned this on "BEWARE, we bought before TDSR and project sold out in 1 day! we've been duped big time"

blackjack21trader
25-09-13, 17:31
indeed astroboy is correct to say that. some developers are selling below the resales in some projects now. If after discount of 20%...:doh::doh::doh:

dtrax
25-09-13, 17:53

See URA webby for rental contracts no horse run. No point going to PG sort those rental from lowest to highest and quote the lowest. Also hor.. sometimes rental can purposely push damn low got reason one.. those who do business will understand why so. If u see espada rental contract(s) [not 1x contract] trading at consistently at 2.Xk in URA webby then gg hf riaox and that means its time to I SCREAM ICE CREAM!!!

blackjack21trader
25-09-13, 19:15
See URA webby for rental contracts no horse run. No point going to PG sort those rental from lowest to highest and quote the lowest. Also hor.. sometimes rental can purposely push damn low got reason one.. those who do business will understand why so. If u see espada rental contract(s) [not 1x contract] trading at consistently at 2.Xk in URA webby then gg hf riaox and that means its time to I SCREAM ICE CREAM!!!

thanks for the consoling words, good brother :)

blackjack21trader
25-09-13, 19:19
Actually this is a very good design project la. I am not going to stay in the MM, so why bother with the living space? A balcony for such a small unit is essential if you want to stay medium term inside it. If it is a totally enclosed space, then I should worry more. That is the reason why I go for it. Also the kitchen tranformer is very well designed. It looks bigger than 300 sqft actually as compared with some lousy designed 500sqft in other projects.

The developer also very generous in the facillities, go to the viewing deck and see for yourself. Some developers are utter selfish to place the viewing decks in blocked view.

Good Luck.

blackjack21trader
25-09-13, 19:20
Actually this is a very good design project la. I am not going to stay in the MM, so why bother with the living space? A balcony for such a small unit is essential if you want to stay medium term inside it. If it is a totally enclosed space, then I should worry more. That is the reason why I go for it. Also the kitchen tranformer is very well designed. It looks bigger than 300 sqft actually as compared with some lousy designed 500sqft in other projects.

The developer also very generous in the facillities, go to the viewing deck and see for yourself. Some developers are utter selfish to place the viewing decks in blocked view.

Good Luck.

I was just teasing the GUNINAG property agent owners here la. Dun worry guys, YOUR BIG BROTHER IS HERE TO PROTECT YOU ;) Just be patient a bit and wait for my units completion . Without you guniangs , i won't be who I am today, tiobo?

Good Luck.

blackjack21trader
25-09-13, 19:29
I was just teasing the GUNINAG property agent owners here la. Dun worry guys, YOUR BIG BROTHER IS HERE TO PROTECT YOU ;) Just be patient a bit and wait for my units completion . Without you guniangs , i won't be who I am today, tiobo?

Good Luck.

I now declare myself THE RIGHTFUL FUTURE SOON EMPEROR OF ESPADA. Those in the penthouses can stand one side, dun block me.

GOOD LUCK.

DKSG
26-09-13, 08:10

Good Luck.

And your tenant will be forced to come out to the balcony to wash clothes. Easier for you to check on them whether they still alive and there or not ?

Last time this was the FIRST PC I see with washing machine in balcony, very very impressed!

DKSG

blackjack21trader
26-09-13, 08:16
And your tenant will be forced to come out to the balcony to wash clothes. Easier for you to check on them whether they still alive and there or not ?

Last time this was the FIRST PC I see with washing machine in balcony, very very impressed!

DKSG

aiyo brother DKSG, from my experience my tenants will engage commercial laundry or automatic laundry machine like in my MM units at "THE CLIFF" la.

Jonathan0503
26-09-13, 13:37
Yes, the 3xx sf 1 bedder indeed looks small.

Try take a look at the stack 4 1-bedder and you will have a different view.

The facilities in this project is top-notch I would say. Seldom will you find heated lap pool in condos. Also, the amenities along Killiney road is abundant...

dtrax
26-09-13, 14:50
Nearby seems to be renting at 3.7k lowest for the 441 to 463 sq ft
ILLUMINAIRE ON DEVONSHIRE DEVONSHIRE ROAD 09 Non-landed Properties na* 4,000 400 to 500 Jul-13
ILLUMINAIRE ON DEVONSHIRE DEVONSHIRE ROAD 09 Non-landed Properties na* 3,700 400 to 500 Jun-13
ILLUMINAIRE ON DEVONSHIRE DEVONSHIRE ROAD 09 Non-landed Properties na* 4,000 400 to 500 Mar-13
ILLUMINAIRE ON DEVONSHIRE DEVONSHIRE ROAD 09 Non-landed Properties na* 3,900 400 to 500 May-13
ILLUMINAIRE ON DEVONSHIRE DEVONSHIRE ROAD 09 Non-landed Properties na* 3,900 400 to 500 May-13
ILLUMINAIRE ON DEVONSHIRE DEVONSHIRE ROAD 09 Non-landed Properties na* 4,000 400 to 500 Jan-13
ILLUMINAIRE ON DEVONSHIRE DEVONSHIRE ROAD 09 Non-landed Properties na* 4,000 400 to 500 Feb-13
ILLUMINAIRE ON DEVONSHIRE DEVONSHIRE ROAD 09 Non-landed Properties na* 3,900 400 to 500 Mar-13
ILLUMINAIRE ON DEVONSHIRE DEVONSHIRE ROAD 09 Non-landed Properties na* 4,000 400 to 500 Jan-13
ILLUMINAIRE ON DEVONSHIRE DEVONSHIRE ROAD 09 Non-landed Properties na* 3,800 400 to 500 Mar-13
ILLUMINAIRE ON DEVONSHIRE DEVONSHIRE ROAD 09 Non-landed Properties na* 4,100 400 to 500 May-13

leesg123
26-09-13, 16:29

Good brother. Pls park your money at my place RV Edge. I got solid balls. My 3xxsqft mm no $5k per mth no talk. Come come!

dtrax
26-09-13, 16:38
Good brother. Pls park your money at my place RV Edge. I got solid balls. My 3xxsqft mm no $5k per mth no talk. Come come!

So wang? Ur RV Edge top riaox?
Btw RV Suites also doing not bad

RV SUITES RIVER VALLEY ROAD 10 Non-landed Properties na* 3,300 400 to 500 Aug-12
RV SUITES RIVER VALLEY ROAD 10 Non-landed Properties 1 4,000 400 to 500 May-13
RV SUITES RIVER VALLEY ROAD 10 Non-landed Properties na* 3,100 400 to 500 Aug-12
RV SUITES RIVER VALLEY ROAD 10 Non-landed Properties na* 3,500 400 to 500 Sep-12
RV SUITES RIVER VALLEY ROAD 10 Non-landed Properties na* 3,300 400 to 500 Aug-12
RV SUITES RIVER VALLEY ROAD 10 Non-landed Properties na* 4,200 400 to 500 Aug-12
RV SUITES RIVER VALLEY ROAD 10 Non-landed Properties na* 3,600 400 to 500 Oct-12
RV SUITES RIVER VALLEY ROAD 10 Non-landed Properties na* 3,000 400 to 500 Sep-12
RV SUITES RIVER VALLEY ROAD 10 Non-landed Properties na* 3,500 400 to 500 Aug-12
RV SUITES RIVER VALLEY ROAD 10 Non-landed Properties na* 3,200 400 to 500 Sep-12
RV SUITES RIVER VALLEY ROAD 10 Non-landed Properties na* 3,200 400 to 500 Aug-12
RV SUITES RIVER VALLEY ROAD 10 Non-landed Properties na* 3,400 400 to 500 Oct-12
RV SUITES RIVER VALLEY ROAD 10 Non-landed Properties na* 3,800 400 to 500 Oct-12
RV SUITES RIVER VALLEY ROAD 10 Non-landed Properties na* 3,500 400 to 500 Sep-12
RV SUITES RIVER VALLEY ROAD 10 Non-landed Properties 1 3,300 400 to 500 Feb-13
RV SUITES RIVER VALLEY ROAD 10 Non-landed Properties na* 3,200 400 to 500 Aug-12
RV SUITES RIVER VALLEY ROAD 10 Non-landed Properties na* 3,200 400 to 500 Nov-12
RV SUITES RIVER VALLEY ROAD 10 Non-landed Properties na* 2,980 400 to 500 Aug-12

blackjack21trader
27-09-13, 09:31
because my units are not completed yet. i just found a photo of the bathroom from propertyguru. share here can see the quality is above average:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/15202095/for-sale-espada

princess_morbucks
27-09-13, 15:08
because my units are not completed yet. i just found a photo of the bathroom from propertyguru. share here can see the quality is above average:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/15202095/for-sale-espada

The first thing I saw was the agent!
She is so sweet and demure!

dtrax
30-09-13, 02:09
thanks for the consoling words, good brother :)

Gd bro, your espada Aug rental transaction out riaox:

ESPADA ST. THOMAS WALK 09 Non-landed Properties na* 4,300 600 to 700 Aug-13
ESPADA ST. THOMAS WALK 09 Non-landed Properties na* 4,000 400 to 500 Aug-13

ILLUMINAIRE ON DEVONSHIRE DEVONSHIRE ROAD 09 Non-landed Properties na* 3,700 400 to 500 Aug-13
ILLUMINAIRE ON DEVONSHIRE DEVONSHIRE ROAD 09 Non-landed Properties 2 4,850 600 to 700 Aug-13
ILLUMINAIRE ON DEVONSHIRE DEVONSHIRE ROAD 09 Non-landed Properties na* 3,800 400 to 500 Aug-13
ILLUMINAIRE ON DEVONSHIRE DEVONSHIRE ROAD 09 Non-landed Properties na* 3,700 400 to 500 Aug-13

hur hur? Espada 6XXsqft vs 4XX sqft differs only by 300bucks? More transactions should be flowing in the following month

hopeful
30-09-13, 02:46
The first thing I saw was the agent!
She is so sweet and demure!

hello, her photo makeover la. usually when female agents give out their namecards, i would compared the photo in the namecard with the person in front of me. big difference for ladies.

thomastansb
30-09-13, 10:45
But the 600+ sqft is a studio or 2 bedroom?

ILLUMINAIRE ON DEVONSHIRE DEVONSHIRE ROAD 09 Non-landed Properties 2 4,850 600 to 700 Aug-13
ILLUMINAIRE ON DEVONSHIRE DEVONSHIRE ROAD 09 Non-landed Properties na* 3,800 400 to 500 Aug-13

hur hur? Espada 6XXsqft vs 4XX sqft differs only by 300bucks? More transactions should be flowing in the following month

leesg123
30-09-13, 12:02
677 sqft recent transaction about 1.73M

rental of 4.3k gives a gross yield of 3%

Decent? Yucks?

DKSG
30-09-13, 12:51

Decent? Yucks?

3% sounds tough for MM.

MM attracts a relatively high % of maint fees.

DKSG

smellyfish
30-09-13, 12:58
I think this way:

if buy today for investment and as 2nd property and borrow to the max, it means 50% down + 10% stamp, total outlay would be about $1.05 million,

borrowing $865,000, at 1.18% rate for a 25 yr mortgage, monthly repayment is $3,300 (and this will only going up)

after minusing off maintenance, amortized property agent fee, amortized property tax, amortized income tax for rental, i think we are looking at negative monthly cashflow.
and this will only get worse in the short to medium term.

effectively, buyers are banking purely on capital appreciation. $1.05 million out, zero income in plus a net monthly "servicing fee" while waiting for things to go up.

thomastansb
30-09-13, 14:34
Wait for more rental data first. I am interested to see how those tiny 300 sqft units perform. So far, only those bigger units are rented out. No takers for tiny MM even though location is superb?

Decent? Yucks?

riverfish
30-09-13, 14:35
I think this way:

if buy today for investment and as 2nd property and borrow to the max, it means 50% down + 10% stamp, total outlay would be about $1.05 million,

borrowing $865,000, at 1.18% rate for a 25 yr mortgage, monthly repayment is $3,300 (and this will only going up)

after minusing off maintenance, amortized property agent fee, amortized property tax, amortized income tax for rental, i think we are looking at negative monthly cashflow.

effectively, buyers are banking purely on capital appreciation. $1.05 million out, zero income in plus a net monthly "servicing fee" while waiting for things to go up.

Yeah, and who is going to be the next sucker catching the ball passed on by the seller, if rental rates remain stagnant in the medium term? If the seller is going to swallow the bones together with the meat, there'll be nothing left in the bowl to offer to the next buyer.

blackjack21trader
02-10-13, 15:32
I think this way:

That is correct. I bought 5 units here to protect my capital. I am not looking at rental returns. The returns is too low. Before buying the 5 units, my 2 units returned far better although I have not took over the units yet but just a gauge using S$4000 a month for one which works to be around S$18k - S$20K.

Previously, my 2 large units in CCR returned a total of more than S$30,000.

blackjack21trader
02-10-13, 15:34
That is correct. I bought 5 units here to protect my capital. I am not looking at rental returns. The returns is too low. Before buying the 5 units, my 2 units returned far better although I have not took over the units yet but just a gauge using S$4000 a month for one which works to be around S$18k - S$20K.

Previously, my 2 large units in CCR returned a total of more than S$30,000.

However, the maintenance of 2 units vs the 5 units is higher and I also got to keep some spare change after selling the 2 larger units.

More work for the smaller units as now I will have 5 TA on hand instead of dealing wif 2 tenants.

blackjack21trader
02-10-13, 15:35
The MM prices in CCR are also more resilient than the larger units of more than 1000sqft. The large units tend to drop like a rock :(

blackjack21trader
02-10-13, 15:37
Clearing the larger units out of my portfolio gives me the kick because I do not need to pay any SSD for them as they were more than 10 years old liao. It is like exercising a stock option- feels great :) Thanks Tharman and Ah Khaw, for ur CMs ;)

blackjack21trader
02-10-13, 15:38
Ah Khaw and Tharman are such a genius that I think I will hug and kiss them if I met them in person ;) ;) (wink wink )

02-10-13, 15:43
Clearing the larger units out of my portfolio gives me the kick because I do not need to pay any SSD for them as they were more than 10 years old liao. It is like exercising a stock option- feels great :) Thanks Tharman and Ah Khaw, for ur CMs ;)

Hi BJ21, you would have had to pay ABSD when you bought the five units?? Wouldn't that eat into the returns of your earlier units sold??

Just curious. Hope you can clarify. Thank you.

leesg123
02-10-13, 15:49
Hi BJ21, you would have had to pay ABSD when you bought the five units?? Wouldn't that eat into the returns of your earlier units sold??

Bro bj is veryvhandsome. He got many girlfriends to hold on to the mm title. So no need absd.

02-10-13, 15:51
Bro bj is veryvhandsome. He got many girlfriends to hold on to the mm title. So no need absd.

ohhh....i see. very possible. let's wait to hear what BJ21 has to say...:D:D:D

blackjack21trader
02-10-13, 16:00

certainly good brother. But that is the "cost" you have to prepared to pay. Anyway, you can negotiated a lower price citing ABSD as your reason to the owners. I cut off around S$50K or more each from their asking ;)

blackjack21trader
02-10-13, 16:02

I agree with good brother leesg123 that indeed I am very very handsome. But all titles are under my name only. My wife holds other titles seperated from mine after we sold off our previous 2 units which were joint tenancy ;)

blackjack21trader
02-10-13, 16:08
I agree with good brother leesg123 that indeed I am very very handsome. But all titles are under my name only. My wife holds other titles seperated from mine after we sold off our previous 2 units which were joint tenancy ;)

my wife actually wanted to shave off a whole S$150k from one unit but we settled for around S$70k off the asking ;) I told my wife if she shaved off so much, may affect the Espada prices there just like the stocks we hold lor.

blackjack21trader
02-10-13, 16:09
my wife actually wanted to shave off a whole S$150k from one unit but we settled for around S$70k off the asking ;) I told my wife if she shaved off so much, may affect the Espada prices there just like the stocks we hold lor.

shaved off the asking price, i mean; not the armpit hair.

Good Luck.

blackjack21trader
02-10-13, 16:16
shaved off the asking price, i mean; not the armpit hair.

Good Luck.

further, with the transparency of URA data, I can roughly gauge how much each owner bought the units at. So I ka ka hoot.:ashamed1:

blackjack21trader
02-10-13, 16:19
And so, The SPIRIT OF THE LAKE so she told me,

" It is not how you sell, it is how you buy that determines the success or failure of your investment property ".

Then she winked at me twice before my wife rushed into my room and asked me,

" Who were you talking to ?"

" Myself. "

"Oic." she smiled

I smiled back.

sherlock
02-10-13, 16:26
certainly good brother. But that is the "cost" you have to prepared to pay. Anyway, you can negotiated a lower price citing ABSD as your reason to the owners. I cut off around S$50K or more each from their asking ;)

You bought 5 units from the secondary market??

blackjack21trader
02-10-13, 16:29
and then hor, after my wife left the room, the SPIRIT of THE LAKE emerged from the wall and said,

" You know, you can capitalise on this ABSD chance to ask for discount. When the owner......."

Then, my wife stormed into the room and screamed at me,

" Who is this woman ?!!!!"

"What woman ?" I looked at her blankly.

She pulled the SPIRIT of THE LAKE to her and screamed,

" THIS WOMAN !!!!"

I swallowed my salivia and said ," That is Linda la, our daughter."

"oic"

Then my wife smiled and left the room.

blackjack21trader
02-10-13, 16:30
You bought 5 units from the secondary market??

I refuse to answer that question.

sherlock
02-10-13, 16:35
I refuse to answer that question.
certainly good brother. But that is the "cost" you have to prepared to pay. Anyway, you can negotiated a lower price citing ABSD as your reason to the owners. I cut off around S$50K or more each from their asking

U already said negotiated from the owners :p. Right hamdsome bro?

blackjack21trader
02-10-13, 17:02
certainly good brother. But that is the "cost" you have to prepared to pay. Anyway, you can negotiated a lower price citing ABSD as your reason to the owners. I cut off around S$50K or more each from their asking

U already said negotiated from the owners :p. Right hamdsome bro?

i refused to answer this question, good brother .

marktkt22
28-04-14, 07:47
Very good analysis of 1M+ mm investment potential. Bravo..
There is no rental gain ...except capital appreciatn

I think this way:

Jonathan0503
28-04-14, 13:28
Don't understand what it means by no rental gain.

Unless the unit is not rental out. Surely there is rental gain, only a matter of more or less.

Negative cash outflow doesn't mean no gain. Strictly speaking, the repayment of mortgage cannot be considered as a loss. Only the interest portion is considered a loss, the principal sum repaid is not.