PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for nice condos in Singapore

burgmer
19-11-09, 18:50
Hi there,

my company is planning to send me to Singapore in 2011. Now, we are looking for a nice condo for us (2 small children). We are Germans and want to live where some more German/international Expat familys stay. Which area would you recommend to stay and which are the best condos there.
What is the price for a 3-bedroom condo with a good standard. Furhermore, how much money do we need per month including school fee for german school plus car. Is 10.000,- Euro /20.000 S$ per month ok or do you need more.
Thanks for your support as we or my company have no idea on these issues.

Kind regards,
MB

Squall8888
19-11-09, 19:00
How much is your budget? I would recommend Marina Bay. Like the sail or MBR. Of course, depending on your budget. 3 bedders will cost 2 to 3 millions. As for school fees, I am not sure. And 2011 is a bit far from now. You never know what is going to happen.

Hi there,

my company is planning to send me to Singapore in 2011. Now, we are looking for a nice condo for us (2 small children). We are Germans and want to live where some more German/international Expat familys stay. Which area would you recommend to stay and which are the best condos there.
What is the price for a 3-bedroom condo with a good standard. Furhermore, how much money do we need per month including school fee for german school plus car. Is 10.000,- Euro /20.000 S$ per month ok or do you need more.

Kind regards,
MB

burgmer
19-11-09, 19:39
Thanks.
Don´t want to buy an appartment only for rent !!

shespawn
19-11-09, 19:44
i think u might want to see which school u are interested to send your kids to first. then see where the location before deciding on which area u shld focus on.
check out the singapore expat for more info. you can also post ur question regarding about the school fees and other related issues. at least there should a pool of german expat to give you the correct advice.
http://www.singaporeexpats.com/guides-for-expats/international-schools.htm

teddybear
19-11-09, 20:38
Not sure whether there is a specific german international school. The international school I know of is ISS and Chatsworth, both in Orchard area. ISS is at Paterson Road near Orchard MRT station and Chatsworth is near Dhoby Ghaut MRT station. If you have the budget, Orchard and surrounding area is no brainer as there are most expats renting around there. International school fees are about $20k per year while a new 1.6L Japanese car (most popular in Singapore) costs about $70k. 3 Bedroom condos (about 1300 sq ft) in Orchard area of decent condition should be about $7-9k per month.

Hi there,

Kind regards,
MB

proud owner
19-11-09, 23:11
How much is your budget? I would recommend Marina Bay. Like the sail or MBR. Of course, depending on your budget. 3 bedders will cost 2 to 3 millions. As for school fees, I am not sure. And 2011 is a bit far from now. You never know what is going to happen.

ahhaahh

he asked if 10k a mth sufficient... thats obvious ,,he is talking about rental mate ..

proud owner
19-11-09, 23:13
Hi there,

Kind regards,
MB

i know there are slightly more germans living on the west side of singapore ..

german centre, Goethe institute are on the west ..

you can consider condos on the west .. near NUS, West coast, area ..

hans
19-11-09, 23:17
There is a german school at Bukit Tinggi Road (Binjai Park area). There ia plenty of condos and houses for rent near Bukit Timah and Binjai area depending on your budget.

i think u might want to see which school u are interested to send your kids to first. then see where the location before deciding on which area u shld focus on.
check out the singapore expat for more info. you can also post ur question regarding about the school fees and other related issues. at least there should a pool of german expat to give you the correct advice.
http://www.singaporeexpats.com/guides-for-expats/international-schools.htm

orange
19-11-09, 23:21
MB, 10,000 Euro (SGD 20,000) a month gets you: nice 3 bedroom condo in Orchard, River Valley, Newton (SGD 6,000 to 10,000), lease an Audi Q7, BMW X5, Mercedes ML350 for SGD3,000, and 5,000 for utilities (water, electricity), internet, cell phone, good food an

proud owner
19-11-09, 23:30
MB, 10,000 Euro (SGD 20,000) a month gets you: nice 3 bedroom condo in Orchard, River Valley, Newton (SGD 6,000 to 10,000), lease an Audi Q7, BMW X5, Mercedes ML350 for SGD3,000, and 5,000 for utilities (water, electricity), internet, cell phone, good food an

his budget 10k eur = 20k SGD covers housing, car rental, and schools for 2 kids

what about schools ?

i udnerstand Int'l school is damn expensive

Property_Owner
20-11-09, 07:58
Why dun ask the other German that stays at Carabelle

xebay11
20-11-09, 08:37
Why dun ask the other German that stays at Carabelle

I thought Russian?

jsh
20-11-09, 09:46
his budget 10k eur = 20k SGD covers housing, car rental, and schools for 2 kids

what about schools ?

i udnerstand Int'l school is damn expensive

International schools may be expensive but its not damn expensive when u compare it to the budget he has. For each kid , it will cost about S$1500 a month in fees (non-boarding). So its well within his budget if he doesn't blow it all on an expensive condo in Orchard Road . Just keep rental to below 10k a month & there should be enough left for school fees & a car .

proud owner
20-11-09, 10:40
International schools may be expensive but its not damn expensive when u compare it to the budget he has. For each kid , it will cost about S$1500 a month in fees (non-boarding). So its well within his budget if he doesn't blow it all on an expensive condo in Orchard Road . Just keep rental to below 10k a month & there should be enough left for school fees & a car .

1.5k for school fees but excludes ECA ..

my expats colleagues have to pay additional 600 a mth just for the son to play football ...

kane
20-11-09, 12:07
Are those soccer clinics that they're attending? Just take the ball and find an open field. Cheapest route.

kane
20-11-09, 12:23
Are those soccer clinics that they're attending? Just take the ball and find an open field. Cheapest route.

proud owner
20-11-09, 23:02

yes

unfortunately the moment you tell people you are expats ...or have golden hair ...straight away price jump ..

i dont have blond hair or blue eyes ..but in NY ..i am also not spared ... think i will start to wear my clogs and char kway teow man singlet ..maybe can get by

proud owner
20-11-09, 23:16
There is a german school at Bukit Tinggi Road (Binjai Park area). There ia plenty of condos and houses for rent near Bukit Timah and Binjai area depending on your budget.

i would avoid there really .. even if not affected by the flood .. you will be stucked in the traffic for hours ..

no gaurantee it wont happen again .. the canal is not a solution to that area ..

august
21-11-09, 15:07
no rush, tons of supply coming up in 2011

Reporter
21-11-09, 15:51
Still suggesting non-stop?
He has already left for another website.
So funny!

burgmer
23-11-09, 20:58
Thanks for all all this detailed info.
So far as I understood now, we shall avoid Orchard area as well as districts 9, 10, 11. Bukit Timah area also not nice because of the flooding problems...
Ok´ with my budget of 20.000S$ should be a way to find a nice three/four bedroom condo. Need to check the area, what would you recommend then, to daily avoid traffic jam?
Better west side or east side?

Maybe, some Germans in who can support to find a good place to stay !

Regards,
MB

teddybear
23-11-09, 21:23
For places with cheap rents, choose Changi / Pasir Ris areas in the east or Jurong West / Tuas in the west. However, if you need to travel to the central area to work, then, traffic jam is very very bad. To avoid traffic jam, the best is not to drive, and not to move around during peak hours by cars / taxis. Take public transport.

Thanks for all all this detailed info.
So far as I understood now, we shall avoid Orchard area as well as districts 9, 10, 11. Bukit Timah area also not nice because of the flooding problems...
Ok´ with my budget of 20.000S$ should be a way to find a nice three/four bedroom condo. Need to check the area, what would you recommend then, to daily avoid traffic jam?
Better west side or east side?

Maybe, some Germans in who can support to find a good place to stay !

Regards,
MB