* Within 1km to Tao Nan School; CHIJ Katong
* Near prominent schools like Victoria JC; Lasalle-SIA; Dunman High
* Well-connected to other parts of Singapore via ECP/KPE/AYE
* Famous Katong eateries within a stroll

INVESTMENT POTENTIAL
=====
* Upcoming revamped Katong Shoppping Mall next door
* Upcoming Eastern Regional MRT Line at Marine Parade
* Upcoming Marina Coastal Expressway (MCE)
* Upcoming Sports Hub just minutes away
* Marina Bay Downtown just minutes away

Booking to start soon!
Call Savier @ 9182 6593 for an non-obligatory presentation today!

http://i46.tinypic.com/2isut77.jpg

Acer
19-02-10, 15:45
any floor plan and psf?

tanumy
19-02-10, 21:41
better buy Double bay residence located at Simei. Great potential and high rental yield. SIngapore 4th uni opening up soon there and changi business park developing. Right now it is like hot cake and sub sale going strong. Buy now or regret later. See what happen to centris at boon lay due to NTU. :)

Condorich
20-02-10, 04:49
Still marketing? How many units do you have and how many units left?
Only the bigger units right...?
The past sub sale transactions revealed a modest gain...
Good Luck.

eng81157
20-02-10, 11:13
double bay?? i pick any condo located in marine parade any time over double bay in simei without consideration, to live in.

moreover, the coralis is a fh development that is located so near parkway and whole lot of good schools and other amenities. just to clarify, i don't have any vested interests in either developments

jitkiat
20-02-10, 14:49
double bay?? i pick any condo located in marine parade any time over double bay in simei without consideration, to live in.

moreover, the coralis is a fh development that is located so near parkway and whole lot of good schools and other amenities. just to clarify, i don't have any vested interests in either developments

What is so special about Parkway Parade? It does not even have a cinema. Ppl living in East Coast sometimes must drive to Tampines/Rochor to watch a movie. If you have millions of cash, by all mean stay at Marine Parade. If you are a middle class (say family combined income is 8-10k) who must borrow 80% bank loan, to borrow 1 million dollars @ 30y to secure your 1500psf freehold or leasehold Marine Parade is just pure insanity. I have seen ppl overstretch themselves because they want to live within 1km of Taonan or Nanyang Primary. Want good school? Wouldn't Bedok Reservoir at 900+psf (lakeview) within 1km of Red Swastika a more prudent choice?

zimmer
20-02-10, 15:59
What is so special about Parkway Parade? It does not even have a cinema. Ppl living in East Coast sometimes must drive to Tampines/Rochor to watch a movie. If you have millions of cash, by all mean stay at Marine Parade. If you are a middle class (say family combined income is 8-10k) who must borrow 80% bank loan, to borrow 1 million dollars @ 30y to secure your 1500psf freehold or leasehold Marine Parade is just pure insanity. I have seen ppl overstretch themselves because they want to live within 1km of Taonan or Nanyang Primary. Want good school? Wouldn't Bedok Reservoir at 900+psf (lakeview) within 1km of Red Swastika a more prudent choice?

If having a cinema is a big concern, Katong Mall has been en-bloc and the new development will feature a cinema. Coralis located next to it could benefit. Downside might be heavy traffic.

20-02-10, 17:00
Marine Parade is of different class than those in Bedok just as Marina Bay is of different class than Marine Parade. We are talking about people with different budget not comparing location. Ave psf in Bedok is around $800++, Marine parade $1200++ Marina Bay $2000++.

I heard that Coralis is asking $1350 - $1550 psf. This is in line with The Shore and SilverSea asking price but Coralis is FH. Agents are telling you that the price will shoot up when Katong Mall and future MRT are ready.

Not sure will there be any impact after garment imposed stamp fee and loan limit when they launch next month....

eng81157
20-02-10, 19:37

so your definition of being special is having a cinema?:banghead:
learn to read, duh. i said if i had to choose between simei and marine parade, not you

Blue
21-02-10, 10:42
Just by comparing the distance from Tampines or Simei to City versus Marine Parade or East Coast to City. SIMPLY NO FIGHT!!!

Staying in D15 means I can wake up a little later to get to work daily and reach home earlier after work than those folks staying in the far east.

Also the key attraction there is the renowned east coast park / beach! You cannot use the polluted Pasir Ris beach to compare against it..

Or simply just ask anyone on the streets, a home in D15 versus Tampines / Simei, which do you think is of higher status?;)

tanumy
21-02-10, 13:14
but simei shall have singapore 4th university and banking sector with couple of shopping mall and hotel. quite place. great for rental yield.

quote=Blue]Just by comparing the distance from Tampines or Simei to City versus Marine Parade or East Coast to City. SIMPLY NO FIGHT!!!

Staying in D15 means I can wake up a little later to get to work daily and reach home earlier after work than those folks staying in the far east.

Also the key attraction there is the renowned east coast park / beach! You cannot use the polluted Pasir Ris beach to compare against it..

Or simply just ask anyone on the streets, a home in D15 versus Tampines / Simei, which do you think is of higher status?;)[/quote]

roger168
23-02-10, 09:59
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n308/GdDay/Coralis/main.jpg
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n308/GdDay/Coralis/map.jpg
CORALIS
===
It is a Freehold Development with exclusive 127 units
===
Situated at a Prime and Convenient Location within Marine Parade
(in between Katong Mall & Parc Seabreeze)
===
1) Best of Katong & East Coast - Live, Work, Play & Eat

2) Good Proximity to East Coast Park, City, Marina Bay Downtown & Changi Airport
- Minutes walk to East Coast Park
- Minutes drive to City
- Minutes drive to Marina Bay Downtown; Integrated Resort
- Minutes drive to Changi International Airport

3)Near many renowned schools and institutions
- Tao Nan School, Kong Hwa Primary, Dunman High, Victoria JC, Lasalle-SIA
===
Various Types and Sizess
· 1 Bedroom 495 – 549 sqft (36units)
· 2 Bedroom 861 – 1,066 sqft (53 units)
· 3 Bedroom 1,206 – 1,281 sqft (34 units)
· 3 Bedroom Penthouse 2,659 sqft (2 units)
· 4 Bedroom Penthouse 2,842 – 3,089 sqft (2 units)
===
A good place to call Home
Great Investment Potential
Good Rentability
===

Preview Coralis Details and start reserving units Today !!!
Please Kindly RSVP - Call/SMS to 9061-9884
Roger Tan - 9061-9884

Blue
25-02-10, 22:43
If you are Chinese, "Si-Mei" - The "Si" already is an unauspicious number or pronounciation...:doh:

If want to live near university, choose Pasir Panjang D5 better. Plus it's nearer to town than Simei and all around are private properties just like D15.

bullman
02-03-10, 08:09
Hi taumy,

I am surprised that your selling point is rental yield in the surburbs. We talk about rental yield in projects like the icon etc. Frankly, expats who rent your studios and 2 bedders in the suburbs will be low level "ang mohs" with limited budget and may even prefer living in a 3rm hdb than a smallish 500-600 sqft studio. Just my 2 cents worth

bullman
02-03-10, 08:14
Hi guys,

Anyway, back to the discussion on the coralis. I feel that its a resonable project to buy given its location. The only off thing is the address: "joo chiat road". Heard that the launch is some time next week. Will go check it out.

Blue
03-03-10, 16:23
Yes, agree this project is prime location in D15, and price has not yet been fully appreciated.

bullman
04-03-10, 08:17
Yes, agree this project is prime location in D15, and price has not yet been fully appreciated.

I feel that being wedged between parkway parade and the future happening katong mall makes the location really prime and convenient.

However, the developer is doing a forward pricing by asking 1350-1500 psf. I assume that the 3brs will be ard 1350, 2brs 1400 and studio 1500psf. If we look at the asking and transacted price in that area. Its crazily high. :banghead: If I am not wrong, only a studio at seaview has hit a record 1500 psf lately. IMHO,that area is not ready for such pricing, especially when one amber is trading at 1200-1400 psf.

However, despite all being said. I heard that ERA and HSR has already collected enough black checks for the studios and 2 brs unit. Some even told me not to bother to submit now as the queue is already too long. :scared-5:

Reporter
04-03-10, 08:58
http://www.sph.com.sg/images/logo_st.png
Property launches to go into high gear
Joyce Teo
Property Correspondent
The Straits Times
Thursday, 4 March 2010

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20100303/ST_IMAGES_JTWATER1_8.jpg
Waterscape At Cavenagh: prices average at $1,886 psf

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20100303/ST_IMAGES_JTWATER2.jpg
Aalto: prices start from $2,000 psf

Developers are gearing up to launch more projects - especially prime ones - into a thriving property market driven by confident buyers keen to splash out on the back of the improving economy and a low interest rate environment.

The Government's anti-speculation moves last month are having little effect on genuine home hunters, who have ever wider real estate options.

Potential buyers will certainly have no lack of choices when it comes to new launches this month with 'easily half a dozen launches' coming up, said CB Richard Ellis (CBRE) executive director of residential services Joseph Tan.

Mass-market projects have been setting the pace for months but prime developments, which began inching back into the market late last year, are becoming more prevalent.

A CBRE Research report yesterday said that Singapore's luxury residential market is expected to make a strong rebound.

It noted that new luxury projects recorded launch prices of between $2,500 psf and $3,400 psf in the 4th quarter of last year.

This beats the $2,100 psf to $2,700 psf range achieved at the end of 2008, demonstrating a strong turnaround, it said.

In January and February, 88 units of CapitaLand's prime Urban Suites were sold at $2,500 psf on average while about 35 units of The Laurels in Cairnhill Road went at $2,500 psf to $2,900 psf, it said.

The launches coming up on the weekend include the Hiap Hoe Group prime estate Waterscape At Cavenagh, and Hong Leong Holdings' Aalto.

The Waterscape At Cavenagh will house 200 1- to 4-bedroom units and penthouses ranging from 581 sqft to 2,992 sqft. Prices at this weekend's launch will average about $1,886 psf.

Hiap Hoe gave a preview of the project in late November and sold just 3 units at a median price of $1,909 psf. Another 5 units were sold in December. But this year it has sold 88 units, with the bulk transacted over the weekend after Chinese New Year, from $1,715 psf to $2,020 psf or $1.03 million to $3.15 million.

This weekend will also see Hong Leong Holdings release 60 high-floor units at the freehold 196-unit Aalto in Meyer Road. Prices will start from $2,000 psf.

A handful of lower-floor units are also available, from $1,500 psf. Absolute pricing ranges from $3.1 million for a 1,442 sqft 3-bedder to $5.3 million for a 1,959 sqft 4-bedroom unit.

The Aalto was first released in 2007 with units selling for around $1,950 psf. It was then launched in January 2008.

One unit was sold in January this year at $2,011 psf, leaving 78 unsold units in the condo, which will receive its temporary occupation permit in September.

A Hong Leong Holdings spokesman said: 'We have maintained the original selling price of the Aalto in light of premium value and location.'

Next weekend, buyers can look forward to Cheung Kong Holdings' The Vision in West Coast Crescent, The Laurels and Tiong Aik's Coralis in Joo Chiat Road. The Vision, a 99-year leasehold condo, is said to be priced about $1,100 psf.

Coralis is a freehold condo featuring 1-bedders as small as 495 sqft and penthouses of up to 3,089 sqft. Indicative pricing is from $1,350 psf to $1,550 psf.

The pace will quicken over the next 2 to 3 months with possible launches including 76 Shenton Way, Seascape and Residences at W in Sentosa Cove, The Waterline on the former Toho Gardens site in Yio Chu Kang, UOL Group's Dakota Crescent project, and Starlight Suites in River Valley Close.

CBRE Research said the luxury projects Ardmore 3 and those on the sites of the old Grangeford, Hillcourt and Parisian estates are likely to be marketed in the first half of the year. Prices and rents of luxury properties are expected to rise by 10% to 15% and 5% to 10% respectively this year.

Overall, prices will continue to rise but at a much less frenetic pace, said Mr Tan. 'If you look at the recent land tenders, there's a certain replacement cost that developers need to look at. Some developers may want to put a forward price on their projects now as they don't want to run out of their landbank too quickly.'

sealover
04-03-10, 09:50
I feel that being wedged between parkway parade and the future happening katong mall makes the location really prime and convenient.

However, the developer is doing a forward pricing by asking 1350-1500 psf. I assume that the 3brs will be ard 1350, 2brs 1400 and studio 1500psf. If we look at the asking and transacted price in that area. Its crazily high. :banghead: If I am not wrong, only a studio at seaview has hit a record 1500 psf lately. IMHO,that area is not ready for such pricing, especially when one amber is trading at 1200-1400 psf.

However, despite all being said. I heard that ERA and HSR has already collected enough black checks for the studios and 2 brs unit. Some even told me not to bother to submit now as the queue is already too long. :scared-5:

Hi Bullman,

Many said whoever buy now are crazy. I still believe CRAZY is the right word to describe property investors. Those who are not Crazy are Normal people...... No risk No future....

I heard that the intended price was set at S$1500-$1700 in 2008! More Crazy!

04-03-10, 09:59
Any news on possible en-bloc of the two condos next door viz Marine Point and Marine View?

bullman
04-03-10, 10:15
Hi Bullman,

Many said whoever buy now are crazy. I still believe CRAZY is the right word to describe property investors. Those who are not Crazy are Normal people...... No risk No future....

I heard that the intended price was set at S$1500-$1700 in 2008! More Crazy!

Ahaha. Thats a great way to describe property investing now. Anyway, the question is always to ask if one has holding power.

If buy at 1500 psf now and the market suddenly collapse. Do not expect to be able to get a loan at 1500 valuation. Maybe 800-1000 psf? So you need to top up cash to match new valuation. Also, if already take out an advanced 80% loan at 1500 psf means that the friendly mortgage banker will call you for a cash top up due to lower valuatio. In many cases, people do not have cash reserves to hold out in such a scenario and will get burnt with forced firesales. I have seen many during the last downturn. :scared-5:

If you have factored these risks, and still decide to go ahead with the risks involved. Then dun look back. I personally feel that property investors/ gamblers are riding this up trend. When you wish to get off the wave or board it now really depends on your risk appetite.

Anyway, these are my personal opinions only and please read them with a pinch of salt as I belong to the "crazy" class of investors.

With the recent focus on katong area by various interested parties, I think the upside potential is great(maybe 1800 psf?) Sounds crazy huh.. Okok. There will be a big argument on this issue. Just like the potential in Marina Bay and whether to buy the Sail and MBR back in 2008.

gohsoonk
04-03-10, 16:48
Also, if already take out an advanced 80% loan at 1500 psf means that the friendly mortgage banker will call you for a cash top up due to lower valuatio.

If you pay the monthly mortgage on time, there should be no reason why the bank want to do a re-evaluation. It is a lose-lose.

bullman
04-03-10, 17:13
If you pay the monthly mortgage on time, there should be no reason why the bank want to do a re-evaluation. It is a lose-lose.

During the last down turn, I heard of that happening. especially in the D9,10 where prices were hardest hit. Its known as a margin call. It did not happen to me so I cannot comment if its true or not. Cheers.

Reporter
05-03-10, 09:53

But they are still collecting cheques for 3-bedders right?

blackfire
05-03-10, 10:42
Ahaha. Thats a great way to describe property investing now. Anyway, the question is always to ask if one has holding power.

If buy at 1500 psf now and the market suddenly collapse. Do not expect to be able to get a loan at 1500 valuation. Maybe 800-1000 psf? So you need to top up cash to match new valuation. Also, if already take out an advanced 80% loan at 1500 psf means that the friendly mortgage banker will call you for a cash top up due to lower valuatio. In many cases, people do not have cash reserves to hold out in such a scenario and will get burnt with forced firesales. I have seen many during the last downturn. :scared-5:

If you have factored these risks, and still decide to go ahead with the risks involved. Then dun look back. I personally feel that property investors/ gamblers are riding this up trend. When you wish to get off the wave or board it now really depends on your risk appetite.

Anyway, these are my personal opinions only and please read them with a pinch of salt as I belong to the "crazy" class of investors.

With the recent focus on katong area by various interested parties, I think the upside potential is great(maybe 1800 psf?) Sounds crazy huh.. Okok. There will be a big argument on this issue. Just like the potential in Marina Bay and whether to buy the Sail and MBR back in 2008.

The banks will not impose the top up clause if you are prompt in your payments, or unless you have an OD (overdraft) line that is secured by the property. Banks will not want to waste resources to review all their customers' property valuation. The trigger is when u have late payments or you ask for repricing of your loan.

bullman
05-03-10, 10:46
But they are still collecting cheques for 3-bedders right?

Yes bro. The 3 brs are 1200-1300 sqft. If sell at 1350 psf, quantum will be 1.62 to 1.76 mil range. Harder to swallow for buyers so flippers and investors will avoid those units as harder to sell in future.

bullman
05-03-10, 10:49
The banks will not impose the top up clause if you are prompt in your payments, or unless you have an OD (overdraft) line that is secured by the property. Banks will not want to waste resources to review all their customers' property valuation. The trigger is when u have late payments or you ask for repricing of your loan.

Hi bro, thanks for the clarification. So one less risk to worry about.

So that means that just as long you are prompt in the monthly repayment , with no OD line attached and not asking for reprice, then nothing will happen even if the property is in negative equity.

gohsoonk
05-03-10, 13:49

Yes. This should be correct.

Squall8888
05-03-10, 14:45
No, that has been happening all these years.

For TOP projects - Usually and most of the time, they won't ask for top up but if you get maximum loan (especially those 90% loan taken previously) and value drop way below your loan, they will ask for top up. They see a number of factors like the risk profile, especially those with multiple properties and maybe missing payments. But still, there are many cases of banks asking top up even if you pay regularly. And don't be surprised banks have a team reviewing that - especially during crisis. And there is a top up clause if you read the terms and conditions carefully.

For Non-TOP projects - These are the biggest risk group. You pay 20% up front, bank will start paying the remaining 80% for you progressively. Let's say, bank has paid 40% for you so total 60% (1.2 million) paid up. You buy a house at 2 million but crisis came and prices drop to 1 million. Bank will send you a letter telling you they can't pay for your TOP (25%) because value of the house is only 1 million now but they have already disburse 800k (40%) to you. This is very very common during 1998, 2003, 2008. And you will be stuck there because developer will ask for 25% which is half a million. And if you don't have half a million, then I will see a classified saying fire sales or you will be forced to subsale to some rich agent.

bullman
08-03-10, 08:24
No, that has been happening all these years.

For TOP projects - Usually and most of the time, they won't ask for top up but if you get maximum loan (especially those 90% loan taken previously) and value drop way below your loan, they will ask for top up. They see a number of factors like the risk profile, especially those with multiple properties and maybe missing payments. But still, there are many cases of banks asking top up even if you pay regularly. And don't be surprised banks have a team reviewing that - especially during crisis. And there is a top up clause if you read the terms and conditions carefully.

For Non-TOP projects - These are the biggest risk group. You pay 20% up front, bank will start paying the remaining 80% for you progressively. Let's say, bank has paid 40% for you so total 60% (1.2 million) paid up. You buy a house at 2 million but crisis came and prices drop to 1 million. Bank will send you a letter telling you they can't pay for your TOP (25%) because value of the house is only 1 million now but they have already disburse 800k (40%) to you. This is very very common during 1998, 2003, 2008. And you will be stuck there because developer will ask for 25% which is half a million. And if you don't have half a million, then I will see a classified saying fire sales or you will be forced to subsale to some rich agent.

Yes I believe that is the case. But I have never experienced it myself. Hopefully, I never will. Haha. But it really depends on whether you believe it will happen or not. Of course, if you call up your banker, they will deny it. They are offer you an umbrella now but may take it back on a rainy day.

IMHO, the bottom line is that you need to have liquid cash to tide the bad times. I try to have 1 dollar of cash ready for every 2 dollars of mortgage that I take from the bank. I also take a 60-70% loan,this is because the bankers will call up those on 90% loan followed by 80% loan etc in that decreasing order in a margin call.

Leverage is a powerful double edged weapon. Being able to buy a 1 mil house using 200k cash is the positive aspect of leverage. Having no spare cash after paying the 20% downpayment is high risk leverage.

Anyway, back to Coralis, agents have stopped collecting cheques for all studios and 2 bedders as they have been 2-3 times over booked wth blank cheques. Congrats to all who have been in the forefront of booking queue.

blackfire
08-03-10, 08:51
Hi bro, thanks for the clarification. So one less risk to worry about.

So that means that just as long you are prompt in the monthly repayment , with no OD line attached and not asking for reprice, then nothing will happen even if the property is in negative equity.

I'm in a bank and this is the current practice by all local banks. In time of property crisis and the banks want to exercise the top up clause, the first department would be corporate loans (real estate related of course) and then consumer loans. Consumer loans would only be flagged out if your payment is late (more than 3 months overdue in general), or otherwise it will be on auto pilot so to say, unlike corporate loans whereby they are subjected to annual review as per MAS regulation.

The setback is however u are unable to refinance to other banks due to negative equity or nego with your current bank for repricing.

sealover
08-03-10, 09:57
Yes I believe that is the case. But I have never experienced it myself. Hopefully, I never will. Haha. But it really depends on whether you believe it will happen or not. Of course, if you call up your banker, they will deny it. They are offer you an umbrella now but may take it back on a rainy day.

IMHO, the bottom line is that you need to have liquid cash to tide the bad times. I try to have 1 dollar of cash ready for every 2 dollars of mortgage that I take from the bank. I also take a 60-70% loan,this is because the bankers will call up those on 90% loan followed by 80% loan etc in that decreasing order in a margin call.

Leverage is a powerful double edged weapon. Being able to buy a 1 mil house using 200k cash is the positive aspect of leverage. Having no spare cash after paying the 20% downpayment is high risk leverage.

Anyway, back to Coralis, agents have stopped collecting cheques for all studios and 2 bedders as they have been 2-3 times over booked wth blank cheques. Congrats to all who have been in the forefront of booking queue.

Hi Bullman,

Are you sure the response is that good, some agents told me still available? I studied the floor/site plan etc and found that the best buy are the 2 rm units facing the front.

bullman
08-03-10, 11:24
Hi Bullman,

Are you sure the response is that good, some agents told me still available? I studied the floor/site plan etc and found that the best buy are the 2 rm units facing the front.

that's what agents from both agencies preach. I think some agents are still collecting cheques in hope that the earlier buyers in the queue drop out. The studios and the stack 4 two bedders are the most hot. Personally, I like the stack 4 two bedders.but think must buy very high floor above 14 in order to clear the hdb in front and have seaview.

What do you think of the funny design with the 2nd toilet just beside the entrance? The master bedroom is very nice located right at the back. Heard that the launch will be on Thursday morning for those who have submitted cheque

sealover
08-03-10, 14:52
that's what agents from both agencies preach. I think some agents are still collecting cheques in hope that the earlier buyers in the queue drop out. The studios and the stack 4 two bedders are the most hot. Personally, I like the stack 4 two bedders.but think must buy very high floor above 14 in order to clear the hdb in front and have seaview.

What do you think of the funny design with the 2nd toilet just beside the entrance? The master bedroom is very nice located right at the back. Heard that the launch will be on Thursday morning for those who have submitted cheque

I doubt u can get seaview as almost 80% are blocked by HDBs even you are on top floor. But you get a decent unblock view all the way to Bedok.

I saw few agents standing around the site last few days doing "farming".

This agent just posted some "insider info" of the showroom @ http://sites.google.com/site/coralismarineparade/home/galll

bullman
08-03-10, 19:28
I doubt u can get seaview as almost 80% are blocked by HDBs even you are on top floor. But you get a decent unblock view all the way to Bedok.

I saw few agents standing around the site last few days doing "farming".

This agent just posted some "insider info" of the showroom @ http://sites.google.com/site/coralismarineparade/home/galll

Haha. I saw them as well bro. Sometimes I pity them despite the tactics of some of them. :simmering:

I respect your comments but I truly believe that there will be sea view for the front row very high floor units. I judge this from th eangle that the development is tilt and look at what is in the way. The HDB blocks directly opposite is quite low, so high floor units should clear it. The only problem is the high point block further down. I think its around 20 floor. But even if block , i hope that its only a partial block.

Anyway, I submitted a cheque for the high floor stack 4 units. Agent said very low chance as my queue number is very far back. Just pray and hope and see.

sealover
09-03-10, 09:32
Haha. I saw them as well bro. Sometimes I pity them despite the tactics of some of them. :simmering:

I respect your comments but I truly believe that there will be sea view for the front row very high floor units. I judge this from th eangle that the development is tilt and look at what is in the way. The HDB blocks directly opposite is quite low, so high floor units should clear it. The only problem is the high point block further down. I think its around 20 floor. But even if block , i hope that its only a partial block.

Anyway, I submitted a cheque for the high floor stack 4 units. Agent said very low chance as my queue number is very far back. Just pray and hope and see.

Plse feedback after your showroom visit to confirm whether the "queue" are real or just one of the commonly used sales tactic by agents.

Reporter
09-03-10, 09:45
got SMS that Coralis going to launch at 1650psf... hah hah..

Suddenly Alto look cheap! its all developer playing perceptions.
Coralis $1,650 psf? My goodness!

eng81157
09-03-10, 09:59
1650psf for 1/2BR or 3BR???:scared-1:

bullman
09-03-10, 10:20
1650psf for 1/2BR or 3BR???:scared-1:

1650 for the studios I think. Got an sms from my agent. He told me that my high floor 2 br stack 4 expect to pay around 1550 psf! At this rate, my legs will be trembling when I enter the showflat on Thursday morning.

bullman
09-03-10, 10:23
Plse feedback after your showroom visit to confirm whether the "queue" are real or just one of the commonly used sales tactic by agents.

From the way TA group price the units now (1450-1650) compared to the initial estimate of (1350-1500). I think that the queue is very REAL. They price so highly as they know that confirm sell out with the number of blank cheques in their hands now. :eek: I may faint at the showflat after being shown the price for my high floor 2 br sea facing unit.

zimmer
09-03-10, 11:10
From the way TA group price the units now (1450-1650) compared to the initial estimate of (1350-1500). I think that the queue is very REAL. They price so highly as they know that confirm sell out with the number of blank cheques in their hands now. :eek: I may faint at the showflat after being shown the price for my high floor 2 br sea facing unit.

Goodluck bro in getting your choice unit. If you faint, i'll resuscitate FOC

bullman
09-03-10, 11:13

Thanks bro. :scared-4:

Are you going for the VVIP launch on Thursday? That means you hav ealso submitted cheque?

sealover
09-03-10, 11:56
Hi Bullman,

Are you BULLman going to BULLdozer through regardless of the price? I can't wait to see the headline news on Friday Straits Time.

Hope Mr Mah thinks this is not bubble or a small one. But as a D15 investor, I really wish to see bigger bubble.....:cheers4:

eng81157
09-03-10, 12:10

1550 for 2 BR. that's almost a quantum of $1.3-1.4m 'faint' :eek:

but well, it's definitely close to amenities, the beach and the future mrt

sealover
09-03-10, 12:35
But come to think of Siglap V Studio is sold about S$16xx psf. TA is not asking too much for Coralis which is much better located.

Regulators
09-03-10, 13:58
i like coralis coz it is freehold but compared to those seaview 99yr condos in the vicinity, this project cant hold a candle. i know not many would go for sea view, but to me that is the only motivation to live in east coast, otherwise why bother...

roger168
10-03-10, 08:25
( Preview Tentatively )

12th-March-2010 10am onwards to 6pm

Pls kindly call to RSVP !!!

Roger - 9061-9884
Elsie - 9799-1127
Paul - 9060-0373

Reporter
10-03-10, 09:52
But come to think of Siglap V Studio is sold about S$16xx psf. TA is not asking too much for Coralis which is much better located.
Agree.

Come to think of Aalto being sold at S$2,xxx psf to $3,000 psf, TA is not asking too much too.

mcmlxxvi
10-03-10, 09:57
i like coralis coz it is freehold but compared to those seaview 99yr condos in the vicinity, this project cant hold a candle. i know not many would go for sea view, but to me that is the only motivation to live in east coast, otherwise why bother...

No... east coast air is cleaner. :) And the people are more 'atas' (high class, proud, refined whichever term you prefer)... in general.

bullman
10-03-10, 11:45
Hi Bullman,

Are you BULLman going to BULLdozer through regardless of the price? I can't wait to see the headline news on Friday Straits Time.

Hope Mr Mah thinks this is not bubble or a small one. But as a D15 investor, I really wish to see bigger bubble.....:cheers4:

You will see the headline" Kiasu Investor rushes to the front of booking queue and faints after being showed the price" :D

I was just informed of the price by my agent and it sounds reasonable lah. Not so high after all and still have early bird promotion discount.

urban
10-03-10, 11:54
You will see the headline" Kiasu Investor rushes to the front of booking queue and faints after being showed the price" :D

I was just informed of the price by my agent and it sounds reasonable lah. Not so high after all and still have early bird promotion discount.

But rush head long without seeing the quality of the project/showflat?

How is the quality of Tiong Aik like?

sealover
10-03-10, 12:12

You may be told about the price of the studios which are facing the back, hv you got indicative prices for the two room units facing the front?

bullman
10-03-10, 12:20
You may be told about the price of the studios which are facing the back, hv you got indicative prices for the two room units facing the front?

Yes bro. Its still lower than the back facing studios so makes alot of sense to grab the 2 bedders facing sea

bullman
10-03-10, 12:23
But rush head long without seeing the quality of the project/showflat?

How is the quality of Tiong Aik like?

Not really sure. When I decide to buy a unit, the decision would have been made even before I look at the showflat. They can always make it look nice now and end up very different later. Many such cases. So I normally rush straight to the booking counter and enjoy the showflat after I booked my unit.

sealover
10-03-10, 12:54
Yes bro. Its still lower than the back facing studios so makes alot of sense to grab the 2 bedders facing sea

What indicative price did you get from your agent? Front or back units?

From the way TA priced their Parc Seebreeze i.e. front and back different by S$150 psf. I expect the front facing unit also around $150 psf higher.

eng81157
10-03-10, 13:37
i doubt if you can get a direct seaview. when i was at parc seabreeze, the front facing unit needed to be located at least 14-15 storeys to have a glimpse of the horizon.

factor in the height of parc seabreeze, even if coralis is slanted at an angle, it might be hard to have a clear sea view

Reporter
10-03-10, 18:02
CORALIS
1) Indicative Price
Stack 01 (1 bdrm) : $701,000 (2nd level) to $775,000 (17th level)
Stack 02 (2 bdrm) : $1,174,000 (2nd level) to $1,363,000 (17th level)
Stack 03 (3 bdrm) : $1,650,000 (2nd level) to $1,907,000 (17th level)
Stack 04 (2 bdrm) : $1,101,000 (2nd level) to $1,217,000 (17th level)
Stack 05 (3 bdrm) : $1,622,000 (2nd level) to $1,876,000 (17th level)
Stack 06 (2 bdrm) : $1,174,000 (2nd level) to $1,363,000 (17th level)
Stack 07 (1 bdrm) : $701,000 (2nd level) to $776,000 (17th level)

1 Bedroom 495 – 549 sqft (36units)
2 Bedroom 861 – 1,066 sqft (53 units)
3 Bedroom 1,206 – 1,281 sqft (34 units)
Updates ..........

Wild Falcon
11-03-10, 14:28
The biggest problem with Marine Parade is it's the area with the lowest rental yield in the entire country. At this kind of prices, the rental yield is not even 2%. A 3 bedder can only be rented at $3k or so and would be coming down. So at 1300psf, the yield is 1.8% or so. And everyone keeps talking about Parkway Parade as if it's the best shopping mall in the world. Future MRT is still very far away lah - downtown 3 which runs up Bedok Reservoir is not even announced, let alone other "future" MRT. But yields wise, its epic fail in the area. At the end of the day, fundamentals will take over.

Marine Parade is of different class than those in Bedok just as Marina Bay is of different class than Marine Parade. We are talking about people with different budget not comparing location. Ave psf in Bedok is around $800++, Marine parade $1200++ Marina Bay $2000++.

I heard that Coralis is asking $1350 - $1550 psf. This is in line with The Shore and SilverSea asking price but Coralis is FH. Agents are telling you that the price will shoot up when Katong Mall and future MRT are ready.

Not sure will there be any impact after garment imposed stamp fee and loan limit when they launch next month....

sealover
11-03-10, 14:56
The biggest problem with Marine Parade is it's the area with the lowest rental yield in the entire country. At this kind of prices, the rental yield is not even 2%. A 3 bedder can only be rented at $3k or so and would be coming down. So at 1300psf, the yield is 1.8% or so. And everyone keeps talking about Parkway Parade as if it's the best shopping mall in the world. Future MRT is still very far away lah - downtown 3 which runs up Bedok Reservoir is not even announced, let alone other "future" MRT. But yields wise, its epic fail in the area. At the end of the day, fundamentals will take over.

Hi, plse enlighten me which condo(s) you are refering to?

sealover
11-03-10, 15:23

From URA rental data, around Parkway Parade, median rent for Cote D'Azur $3.47 psf and Seaview $4.1 which are well above average or even higher than many in D9/10. Don't forget this is without soon to be revamped Katong Mall and new MRT line.

eng81157
11-03-10, 18:53

lowest yield? :doh: u don't even have statistics to back you up. renting a 3 bed condo at $3k? why not i give you $3k and u get me a unit in seaview?

bullman
12-03-10, 10:37

You must be joking man. I have a studio(560 sqft) at Seaview renting at $3200. So renting a 3br unit at 3000 sounds like a fantastic offer? :D

bullman
12-03-10, 10:41
Hi guys,

Back from the coralis showflat. Really packed and all hyped out. Those studios and 2br units released are being snapped up like nobody's business.

I could not get my high floor 2br as they are releasing the units in phases. Think they reserving those very high floors at "breath-taking" prices. I think when they release the 2nd phase, price will be unreachable. Dun think I can bulldoze my way through liao. Hit a metal wall. :banghead:

The finishing and quality of fittings look high end.

SV88
12-03-10, 10:49
How much are they selling? Must go there and look see..
Hi guys,

Back from the coralis showflat. Really packed and all hyped out. Those studios and 2br units released are being snapped up like nobody's business.

I could not get my high floor 2br as they are releasing the units in phases. Think they reserving those very high floors at "breath-taking" prices. I think when they release the 2nd phase, price will be unreachable. Dun think I can bulldoze my way through liao. Hit a metal wall. :banghead:

The finishing and quality of fittings look high end.

bullman
12-03-10, 10:58
Studios start from 1400 psf , 2br from 1360 3br I dun know

louisebrown
12-03-10, 16:17
You must be joking man. I have a studio(560 sqft) at Seaview renting at $3200. So renting a 3br unit at 3000 sounds like a fantastic offer? :D

According to the URA statistics, the 25th, median and 75th percentile for The Seaview are $3.58, $4.10 and $4.40 psf.
560 sq ft translates to rental of $2005, $2296 and $2464.

Squall8888
12-03-10, 16:43
You cannot see like this one. It depends how many studios are there in a development. Like Seaview, maybe about 10-20% but still must see how many rent studio out. Maybe a 85% percentile will be more accurate. My friend has a Esta 2+1 rented out at 3.3k. But it really seems the yield is a bit depressed there.

According to the URA statistics, the 25th, median and 75th percentile for The Seaview are $3.58, $4.10 and $4.40 psf.

louisebrown
12-03-10, 16:46
Sure, it's up to you to see statistics the way they should be seen.
Is the 2+1, a 560 sq ft aprt?

bullman
12-03-10, 23:39

sigh. maybe let me try to explain... were u looking at 09q4 data?

first, it still shows the depressed rental. all you need to do is to call a rental agent and ask for rental at the seaview for a more up to date quote.

second, in this q4, there are not many studios being tenanted and their rental psf will form the 90th percentile onwards.

hope this makes it more understandable.

louisebrown
13-03-10, 07:15
Pl kindly explain to me how $3,200/560sq feet = $5.7 per sqf is mathematically the 90th percentile for The SeaView:doh: .

Very soon, the 1Q2010 statistics will be released.

blackfire
13-03-10, 10:02
Pl kindly explain to me how $3,200/560sq feet = $5.7 per sqf is mathematically the 90th percentile for The SeaView:doh: .

the rental data in ura website is just an average on psf basis. the percentile is not a reflection of the type of units rented, just a breaking down in terms of 25% division of the rental acheived. for seaview, the studio apartments are relatively few, whereas majority are 3 bedders and 4 bedders, hence you can't determine the rental rates for the studio from the data, for eg: 2 1,560 sqft units rented at $3psf and 1 560 at $6psf, the average will be (560*6+1,500*2*3)/ (1500+1500+560), get the picture?

the best you can determine is the overall rental trend for the project.

bullman
13-03-10, 16:28

Hi bro,

I think you are right. I got it all mixed up. My rental for the studio is only $2600. This is $4.65 psf which will make up the 85-90th percentile. Cheers.

bullman
13-03-10, 16:29
Anyone went down to the coralis showflat?
Many agents there standing around. Some were outside the showflat getting walk in customers? :doh:

louisebrown
13-03-10, 16:39
Hi bro,

I think you are right. I got it all mixed up. My rental for the studio is only $2600. This is $4.65 psf which will make up the 85-90th percentile. Cheers.

Hi, good wishes to you. You must own a handful of properties and so got the rates not really in order. I know it's difficult to whip up the right rates when you have handfuls. Nonetheless, thank you for your kind response.

louisebrown
13-03-10, 16:40
the rental data in ura website is just an average on psf basis. the percentile is not a reflection of the type of units rented, just a breaking down in terms of 25% division of the rental acheived. for seaview, the studio apartments are relatively few, whereas majority are 3 bedders and 4 bedders, hence you can't determine the rental rates for the studio from the data, for eg: 2 1,560 sqft units rented at $3psf and 1 560 at $6psf, the average will be (560*6+1,500*2*3)/ (1500+1500+560), get the picture?

the best you can determine is the overall rental trend for the project.

You've got your mathematics incorrect. Percentiles are not averages.

Wild Falcon
13-03-10, 17:21
At this kind of prices in East Coast where tenants are in the 3k to 4.5k range, the rental yield less your maintenance will be pathetic. You rental will hardly cover your instalments. It's probably the area in singapore with the worst yield now.

Studios start from 1400 psf , 2br from 1360 3br I dun know

Wild Falcon
13-03-10, 17:37
This is not the first time I read people announcing "Stay in East Coast means I can hao lian and be high class and atas and proud" . Empty vessels make the loudest noise. Never heard this from people staying in any other areas, even very prime districts.

No... east coast air is cleaner. :) And the people are more 'atas' (high class, proud, refined whichever term you prefer)... in general.

blackfire
13-03-10, 18:38
You've got your mathematics incorrect. Percentiles are not averages.

yap, I got it wrong. Anyway, due to the few units of studios there, the 75% percentile is most likely a 3 roomer.

jitkiat
13-03-10, 20:07
This is not the first time I read people announcing "Stay in East Coast means I can hao lian and be high class and atas and proud" . Empty vessels make the loudest noise. Never heard this from people staying in any other areas, even very prime districts.

Glad I am not the only one thinking alike. East Coast has priced in the future 2020 ERL MRT line & 10mins to Marina Bay story ... that's why the price is so "atas". Indeed, rental yield will justify once MRT is open & Sands is successful. But Coralist is FH ... rental yield lower got excuse

xebay11
13-03-10, 20:46
Price in East Coast is atas as it is a lifestyle place, for me jogging, cycling or blading to EC Park is priceless, don't know what you guys arguing about.

Wild Falcon
14-03-10, 16:02
It isn't that expensive (in terms of absolute price) relative to other places to begin with - but the YIELD is pathetic as it attracts the "budget tenant". I do have a condo in Katong that is rented out. Thank goodness I bought at a decent price. At today's price, the yields is pathetic as East Coast from my experience only attracts the $2k to $3.5 type of "budget" tenant - so investors have to be careful and there're a lot of rental supply here as it is probably one of the most built up/cluttered area in Singapore.

Price in East Coast is atas as it is a lifestyle place, for me jogging, cycling or blading to EC Park is priceless, don't know what you guys arguing about.

DC33_2008
14-03-10, 16:39
This is very similar to Upper Bukit Timah area. When I first rent out my unit 15 years ago, the rental was above $3000 for a two bedders. Now, it is only fetching just above 2k given the competition in the condo belt. It may also affect the condo sale price.

Douk
14-03-10, 16:59

dont think he meant that.

It is the people and not the location that give that atas feel. undeniably,east coast is relatively expensive estate that is not under the PRIME DISTRICT list. And many rich people reside in this area, probably that's why it gives ppl the feeling that ppl here is more atas.

Walk around in town, dont the rich people who drive flashy cars also emit that atas feel ??

The convenience in this area cannot be compared with Upper bukit Timah or the Suburb Simei/tampines./Yishun. They are simply not in the same league.

:2cents:

DC33_2008
14-03-10, 17:04
How can it be high class when there are so many HDB flats nearby?

urban
14-03-10, 17:07

Ah... but those flats are among the most expensive flats too...
but anyway, east coast is not prime, even though i stay here.

Douk
14-03-10, 17:10

already said, is the ppl, not the location.

sealover
14-03-10, 17:16
My agent friend just informed me Coralis Stack 1 and 7 ( Studio ) and Stack 4 ( 2 rm ) all sold.

DC33_2008
14-03-10, 17:20

I believe only selected flats, for eg. high floors, good view, etc. I heard metallic things do rust given the sea is in close proximity.

DC33_2008
14-03-10, 17:22
My agent friend just informed me Coralis Stack 1 and 7 ( Studio ) and Stack 4 ( 2 rm ) all sold.

Will units at this development able to see the sea?

DC33_2008
14-03-10, 17:24
already said, is the ppl, not the location.

Are you referring to older or younger ones?

bullman
14-03-10, 19:00
Anyone went down to the coralis showflat today? How is the take up rate?

I am seriously considering to buy a low floor studio. Can see the children's pool at the back but also can see the low rise old development at the back. If I buy low enough, maybe level 2 or 3, then the trees will help me block them out?

Anyone has any comments? thanks

bullman
14-03-10, 19:22

Hi bro,
Can you confirm this? Sigh. I should have grabbed a unit on Friday instead of thinking so much. But they have not released all the studios yet correct? There will be a phase 2?

14-03-10, 20:36
Hi bro,
Can you confirm this? Sigh. I should have grabbed a unit on Friday instead of thinking so much. But they have not released all the studios yet correct? There will be a phase 2?

Was there this afternoon, all studios gone liao.....saw last unit #14-07 sold at $761K or $1537 psf. My Indonesian friends bought 4 units at one go:beats-me-man: . What rental yield? They just want to put money in this "safe heaven"! but I not prepared to pay such crazy price as I already citizen of the "heaven"LOL....may be you lucky not buying to regret later...

bullman
14-03-10, 21:26
Will units at this development able to see the sea?

Hi bro,

I was told that you can see the sea from high floors(above 15). I tink you will get pocket seaview and not panaroma view.

DC33_2008
14-03-10, 23:12
Hi bro,

I was told that you can see the sea from high floors(above 15). I tink you will get pocket seaview and not panaroma view.

Is it worth that kind of price with no or limited sea view? With that kind of price, one can find a better under-value unit in District one, 999LH, walking distance to a raffles city, chinatown and tanjong pagar mrt stations, etc.

bullman
14-03-10, 23:44
Is it worth that kind of price with no or limited sea view? With that kind of price, one can find a better under-value unit in District one, 999LH, walking distance to a raffles city, chinatown and tanjong pagar mrt stations, etc.

I ask the same question myself bro. I ask that question since Friday morning till this evening. Then decided to just close my eyes and jump in for the studio. Only to realise that there is no more room for me as all the studios are taken. :doh:

bullman
15-03-10, 00:36
At this kind of prices in East Coast where tenants are in the 3k to 4.5k range, the rental yield less your maintenance will be pathetic. You rental will hardly cover your instalments. It's probably the area in singapore with the worst yield now.

Yes sir. I agree with you totally. Lets look to Yishun (estuary) for the best yield.

eng81157
15-03-10, 06:23
went down to showflat. developer is giving a 4% discount at the moment as sort of a preview period discount and the offer should last till today. the discount offer will be removed once the project is officially launched next weekend

bullman
15-03-10, 12:11
went down to showflat. developer is giving a 4% discount at the moment as sort of a preview period discount and the offer should last till today. the discount offer will be removed once the project is officially launched next weekend

But I wonder will there be any units left to launch next week? I heard that the studios and stack 4 two bedders are sold out. Stack 2 and stack 6 two bedders are 60-70% sold. I guess only the big 3 bedders and penthouses are left for launch

Blue
15-03-10, 17:12
It isn't that expensive (in terms of absolute price) relative to other places to begin with - but the YIELD is pathetic as it attracts the "budget tenant". I do have a condo in Katong that is rented out. Thank goodness I bought at a decent price. At today's price, the yields is pathetic as East Coast from my experience only attracts the $2k to $3.5 type of "budget" tenant - so investors have to be careful and there're a lot of rental supply here as it is probably one of the most built up/cluttered area in Singapore.

If you want good rental yield, buy HDB or Geylang properties. Even the prime districts cannot get this kind of yield.

You think Orchard Rd good rental yield meh? My colleague renting a 1000 sqft condo for only $3.4K a mth...

Blue
15-03-10, 17:16

Since this is not the 1st time you heard that, it becomes apparently or virtually a fact that pple do think high or prestige to live in the East Coast. :p

Pple who stay in Orchard Rd oso very hao lian, dun u know? If not, why u see all the lambos and ferraris driving around in East Coast and Orchard?

xebay11
15-03-10, 17:34

East Coast can mean from poor Marine Parade and junky Joo Chiat to the best at the newer Katong (Seaview, Esta, AO area), Siglap and Branksome, where are you exactly? Near my place there are lambos, maseratis, bentley, hummers, rolls royce, ferraris etc.

teddybear
15-03-10, 22:44
Wah, what place is that can get so cheap? If apartment then no surprise, if condo with facilities then that is really cheap!

If you want good rental yield, buy HDB or Geylang properties. Even the prime districts cannot get this kind of yield.

You think Orchard Rd good rental yield meh? My colleague renting a 1000 sqft condo for only $3.4K a mth...

Lou
16-03-10, 02:37

Yes yes we can always "find a better...unit..."(With that kind of price)Aren't you guys tired of saying & hearing these lines.

My own 2-cents:2cents: on D15. No sure what people mean here by 'prime district'. But what I know is that Tanjong Katong-Mountbatten-Meyer has traditionally been a place of recreation where people with $ build their home since the 19th Century. But it doesn't mean everyone staying here is super rich now - but there must be a reason why they are back then.

D15 is not about the future MRT(2020?!), Tao Nan?, it is also not about PP, Katong Shopping Centre enbloc?-Nice banana pie though. A view of the sea-who has a real seaview these days? Metal bits in your house rusting because your aunties says sea air is very salty,comon guys:doh: .

Back to the old saying - if you like it, buy it! If you can afford $1300psf now, screw the rental yield. Heard pple at Bukit Timah or River Valley worry about about the MRT or how far it is to the CBD?

Something tells me that a good portion who post here is some middle-aged salaried worker in his 40s taking a 30-40 min MRT ride every morning to his office at CBD. Heard colleagues taking about what so good about East Coast. Come home wife also talking, so check out the internet to see the price. And said Siao! Can get better place near CBD, MRT, Orchard Road, IRs, etc... at a lower price if you find hard enough.

No offense but please share with us here when you actually get down to buy something.

To all those who have already bought, congrats! Those still thinking about it. Sincerely, it is one of the best place you can stay in Singapore for that price (even current $1300-$2000psf). Anyone can tell me where in Singapore has a decent accessible stretch of beach with some lifestyle infrastructure.

Regulators
16-03-10, 03:14
coralis is near east coast beach but has no sea view whatsoever. i think the hdb blocks nearby have better views than coralis.

Lou
16-03-10, 03:41

At the end of the day sentiments alway take over fundamentals. If you want to be in the game, that's lesson number one for you.

proud owner
16-03-10, 03:51
Wah, what place is that can get so cheap? If apartment then no surprise, if condo with facilities then that is really cheap!

district 9 .. 1550 sqft 3 bedroom rental asking 3.5k .. even cheaper

BUT its worth 2.1 mio ..

dont quite tie in right ?

proud owner
16-03-10, 03:57
At the end of the day sentiments alway take over fundamentals. If you want to be in the game, that's lesson number one for you.

so lesson number is :

buy what you like, with seaview .. and forget the rental value ...

whats number 2 ? and 3 ?

to those who love nature and greenery .. then east coast sucks .. right ?

so they would be looking at west coast .. hill and greens .. and just as close to town as from east coast ...

so as long as one likes it, can afford .. anywhere in singapore is heaven (less the heat and ERP)

in a bull run close your eyes and throw the dart ..sure make money one ..

in a bear mkt .. open eyes also can miss the centre. ..

just make sure the current market is not a bear trap

16-03-10, 10:18
I live in D19 condo with full facilities but my family spends most of our sunday at east coast beaches + we enjoy katong foods...ask me why i can only tell you we find ourselve very relax when we are there. we wanted to get a condo in east coast since last year but we are just too careful we saw prices rising from $800 psf to now $1300 psf we more or less giving up. it was FEO who open the flood gate when they launch Silversea.. suddenly that was the bench mark price for the rest to follow:mad:

urban
16-03-10, 12:22
I live in D19 condo with full facilities but my family spends most of our sunday at east coast beaches + we enjoy katong foods...ask me why i can only tell you we find ourselve very relax when we are there. we wanted to get a condo in east coast since last year but we are just too careful we saw prices rising from $800 psf to now $1300 psf we more or less giving up. it was FEO who open the flood gate when they launch Silversea.. suddenly that was the bench mark price for the rest to follow:mad:

i have heard that the two apartments between Mercure Hotel (Marine View Mansion and another one) and Parc Seabreeze were asking for 1000psf compensation to move during enbloc.

If developer bites, we will be looking at 1850 psf soon around that area.

bullman
16-03-10, 12:51
i have heard that the two apartments between Mercure Hotel (Marine View Mansion and another one) and Parc Seabreeze were asking for 1000psf compensation to move during enbloc.

If developer bites, we will be looking at 1850 psf soon around that area.

Hi guys,

I need some urgent help. I am now looking at just grabbing a stack 2 or stack 6 two bedder before the developer increase price this weekend for the official launch.

However, I am concerned for the unsightly white low building (about 3-4 storeys high) between the coralis site and katong mall. I can see that this building is enclosed within the fencing. Anyone know if it will be demolished?

Thanks

urban
16-03-10, 13:41
Hi guys,

I need some urgent help. I am now looking at just grabbing a stack 2 or stack 6 two bedder before the developer increase price this weekend for the official launch.

However, I am concerned for the unsightly white low building (about 3-4 storeys high) between the coralis site and katong mall. I can see that this building is enclosed within the fencing. Anyone know if it will be demolished?

Thanks

Why don't you ask the agent? I thought that is part of Coralis.

bullman
16-03-10, 22:48
Why don't you ask the agent? I thought that is part of Coralis.

Yup I have checked with the agent and it will be demolished. I also heard that the show flat has been closed and the official launch will be on Sat without the 4% discount anymore! :scared-4: Should have just grabbed the two bedder last Friday.

Anyway, congrats to all Coralis buyers who are now laughing their way to the bank. :D

urban
17-03-10, 11:59
Yup I have checked with the agent and it will be demolished. I also heard that the show flat has been closed and the official launch will be on Sat without the 4% discount anymore! :scared-4: Should have just grabbed the two bedder last Friday.

Anyway, congrats to all Coralis buyers who are now laughing their way to the bank. :D

Can they raise the prices by 4% so quickly? I thought they normally will pull 1-2% off first and see if more people bite.

Sea
17-03-10, 12:09
Latest Updates:

4% discount till 18th March (Thursday). The cut-off time will be by 2pm on the same day.

Price will be revised upwards after-which (likely drop the discount from 4% to 3% instead).

Please note that all 1 bedroom is SOLD OUT !

We still have 2 bedrooms (Stack 02 & Stack 06), as well as 3 bedrooms (Stack 03 & Stack 05) AVAILABLE !

Booking via cheque still open as at now!!

Sms at 90686016 for bookings!!

greenhorn
17-03-10, 12:30
:doh: Bullman,

Go for it. Discount is still on till tmr. Stop procrastinating if you wanna grab a 2 bdrm unit, if not don't wail once its over... "should have...":tsk-tsk:

eng81157
17-03-10, 13:56

should also congratulate the buyers of parc seabreeze too

bullman
17-03-10, 14:11
:doh: Bullman,

Go for it. Discount is still on till tmr. Stop procrastinating if you wanna grab a 2 bdrm unit, if not don't wail once its over... "should have...":tsk-tsk:

Yes boss,

I have just booked a high floor stack 2. Hope its a right move.

bullman
17-03-10, 14:12
should also congratulate the buyers of parc seabreeze too

Actually not really, they bought at 1200psf but the units are really big and odd shape with arcs. The 3 bedders at coralis is slightly smaller but more usable space at 1300 psf. Just my 2 cents thoughts.

eng81157
17-03-10, 15:34
Actually not really, they bought at 1200psf but the units are really big and odd shape with arcs. The 3 bedders at coralis is slightly smaller but more usable space at 1300 psf. Just my 2 cents thoughts.

there are regular shaped 3 bedders at parc seabreeze too

Blue
17-03-10, 15:52

No point grumbling over uprising property prices. It's like you missed buying your favourite 4D / Toto number and the number turns out to be the first prize. If there is prophecy, there will be no beggers on the street.

In another few months / years, you will realise that $1300 psf is considered cheap in D15 liao. ;) There is still more room for price to grow in D15.

greenhorn
17-03-10, 15:59

Congrats!!! You the Man.

sealover
17-03-10, 16:31
Yes boss,

:cheers5: how much psf you paid?

bullman
17-03-10, 17:51
:cheers5: how much psf you paid?
Cheers man. I bought at the 4% discount price and agent gave me cash back discount.

Reporter
17-03-10, 22:47
Yes boss,

Cheers man. I bought at the 4% discount price and agent gave me cash back discount.
Congratulations!
Please provide us with more updates on Coralis.
Thanks!

Regulators
18-03-10, 00:23
if you are going to pay 1300psf for coralis, might as well buy some older projects in novena for 1300psf which is in D11. If you are buying for investment, look at the psf and quantum n ask urself which is the best possible district you can buy with that coz i think D9, 10 or 11 is still better than D15.

Yes boss,

Lou
18-03-10, 02:05
if you are going to pay 1300psf for coralis, might as well buy some older projects in novena for 1300psf which is in D11. If you are buying for investment, look at the psf and quantum n ask urself which is the best possible district you can buy with that coz i think D9, 10 or 11 is still better than D15.

Oh no...here we go again. Give that man a break, he just bought something.

Regulators
18-03-10, 11:33
my apologies, hope u will enjoy ur stay in ur new place.

Blue
18-03-10, 11:47

Apart from amenities and proximity to CBD, IR & Airport, the sun, sand and the sea in D15 already beats Novena area hands down. To each its own.

teddybear
18-03-10, 13:39
The sea with many oil tankers and cargo ships littering the whole sea (what an eye-sore) and polluting the sea-side. Better don't face the sea than face the sea. Many people don't know stay facing sea for a while and many things start to rust, rot, etc etc. Travel to Orchard & City via ECP and get stuck in perpetual jams. Recently MM said many NRIs like to stay there. Do they have many indian temples or shops there?

D15 only good for people who like the music from the airport and the chance to enjoy the stretch of sea while being stuck in perpetual jam on ECP and visit the indian shops and temples? This sure beats Novena area hands down (I must admit). :p

Apart from amenities and proximity to CBD, IR & Airport, the sun, sand and the sea in D15 already beats Novena area hands down. To each its own.

Blue
18-03-10, 14:26
The sea with many oil tankers and cargo ships littering the whole sea (what an eye-sore) and polluting the sea-side. Better don't face the sea than face the sea. Many people don't know stay facing sea for a while and many things start to rust, rot, etc etc. Travel to Orchard & City via ECP and get stuck in perpetual jams. Recently MM said many NRIs like to stay there. Do they have many indian temples or shops there?

D15 only good for people who like the music from the airport and the chance to enjoy the stretch of sea while being stuck in perpetual jam on ECP and visit the indian shops and temples? This sure beats Novena area hands down (I must admit). :p

Apart from morning and evening commuting heavy traffic, ECP is smooth flowing most of the time. There is also nicoll highway to get to CBD.

Novena is even worse during those peak hours. CTE is jammed most of the time with cars coming from the North towards City. If travel by small roads gotta pass by Newton, Scotts Road, Kim Seng Road, Cantonment Road then can reach CBD. I can't even count how many traffic lights you have to pass by to reach your destination. :D

Good thing about Novena is proximity to Inland Revenue House so you can pop by and queue up to submit your annual tax returns conveniently. Also Tan Tock Seng Hospital and Thomson Medical Centre are nearby. Any emergencies can go there by foot without the need to wait for ambulances. :D

teddybear
18-03-10, 14:37
This just shows you have never lived in Newton/Novena areas before and you are not familiar with this part of the place. :o
Novena/Newton to Orchard - Even with the traffic lights, takes <3 mins.
To CBD, even with traffic lights, take < 8 mins. There are many routes to the Orchard & CBD.

This is not like just 2 main routes to CBD & Orchard from D15:
- ECP (jam + several to many traffic lights to get into ECP)
- Nicoll Highway (jam + many traffic lights before reaching this Highway from D15 and many traffic lights to get out into CBD & Orchard Road). Even without the jam also take lagi long time to reach CBD & Orchard Road. + jam then what?

Apart from morning and evening commuting heavy traffic, ECP is smooth flowing most of the time. There is also nicoll highway to get to CBD.

Novena is even worse during those peak hours. CTE is jammed most of the time with cars coming from the North towards City. If travel by small roads gotta pass by Newton, Scotts Road, Kim Seng Road, Cantonment Road then can reach CBD. I can't even count how many traffic lights you have to pass by to reach your destination. :D

Blue
18-03-10, 14:51
This just shows you have never lived in Newton/Novena areas before and you are not familiar with this part of the place. :o
To CBD, even with traffic lights, take < 8 mins. There are many routes to the Orchard & CBD.

- Nicoll Highway (jam + many traffic lights before reaching this Highway from D15 and many traffic lights to get out into CBD & Orchard Road). Even without the jam also take lagi long time to reach CBD & Orchard Road. + jam then what?

This statement is one of the best jokes I've heard for this year. 1stly, I was talking about proximity to CBD & IR. All you need to do is to do a driving direction check on the internet, and you will know the distance from East Coast to CBD/IR versus the distance from Novena to CBD/IR.

Next, you start to bring in Orchard Road into the picture. Without doubt, Novena is nearer to Orchard Road than East Coast by road distance. Take the MRT is even faster. :D But take note: Staying near to Orchard Rd does not mean you are in Orchard Road and does not give you the same status as a Orchard Road Resident! Novena is next to Balestier too for all we know :D

Little India / Chinatown is even nearer! So why are these not as expensive?

So what makes Novena more superior than East Coast? Just bec it happens to be under D9/10/11? :tsk-tsk:

xebay11
18-03-10, 15:09
I live in D19 condo with full facilities but my family spends most of our sunday at east coast beaches + we enjoy katong foods...ask me why i can only tell you we find ourselve very relax when we are there.

Why argue? This post on East Coast speaks volumes for East Coast lifestyle.

Life is stressful in Singapore and nothing is less de-stressing as owning a home in the East. As a D15 resident I only find going to Changi Village and T3 more relaxing :D

teddybear
18-03-10, 16:15
1. Shorter direct distance doesn't mean shorter driving time.
2. I prefer to go shopping in Orchard. CBD normally I can't be bothered to go anyway.
3. I never talk about status of staying in Novena, only that it is definitely more convenient & better place to live in than East Coast and also to go around anywhere in Singapore (except when going East Coast park but I don't go there anyway because it is so dirty now). That is why I count the time to travel to Orchard. Even go to CBD got many routes and also not that far, definitely more convenient and fuss-free than East Coast to CBD.
4. East Coast also very long stretch, from more expensive Mayer Road area to the cheap-skate upper east coast area.
5. To the Indians, Little India also better living place than East Coast. :p

This statement is one of the best jokes I've heard for this year. 1stly, I was talking about proximity to CBD & IR. All you need to do is to do a driving direction check on the internet, and you will know the distance from East Coast to CBD/IR versus the distance from Novena to CBD/IR.

Next, you start to bring in Orchard Road into the picture. Without doubt, Novena is nearer to Orchard Road than East Coast by road distance. Take the MRT is even faster. :D But take note: Staying near to Orchard Rd does not mean you are in Orchard Road and does not give you the same status as a Orchard Road Resident! Novena is next to Balestier too for all we know :D

Little India / Chinatown is even nearer! So why are these not as expensive?

So what makes Novena more superior than East Coast? Just bec it happens to be under D9/10/11? :tsk-tsk:

teddybear
18-03-10, 16:33
I missed out 1 more route parallel to Nicoll Highway, but that is even more un-movable - that is through GEYLANG. Actually Meyer Road area very near to Geylang.

acewee
18-03-10, 17:59
Hey teddy, did you miss out on some D15 investments or overloaded yourself with the ones around novena? To each his own my fren. Some like D11, some like D15. D15 near Geylang, D11 near CDC. As long as you are happy with your place, dun know others for prefering another location lah.

1. Shorter direct distance doesn't mean shorter driving time.
2. I prefer to go shopping in Orchard. CBD normally I can't be bothered to go anyway.
3. I never talk about status of staying in Novena, only that it is definitely more convenient & better place to live in than East Coast and also to go around anywhere in Singapore (except when going East Coast park but I don't go there anyway because it is so dirty now). That is why I count the time to travel to Orchard. Even go to CBD got many routes and also not that far, definitely more convenient and fuss-free than East Coast to CBD.
4. East Coast also very long stretch, from more expensive Mayer Road area to the cheap-skate upper east coast area.
5. To the Indians, Little India also better living place than East Coast. :p

sealover
18-03-10, 18:10
I missed out 1 more route parallel to Nicoll Highway, but that is even more un-movable - that is through GEYLANG. Actually Meyer Road area very near to Geylang.

Hi Teddybear, go back to yr D11 forum. :simmering:

Wild Falcon
18-03-10, 18:22
Aiyoh. Each has its own charm lah. But I think now every agent use "close to casino" as a selling point. It does get stale and not everyone like to stay near casino. And East Coast is not that near casino. Close to airport with air fuel pollution and jamming frequencies that cause headaches is more a minus than a plus. Every place has its own charm. Some prefer "countryside greenery" charm, some prefer to see concrete jungles and skyscrapraers, some prefer to swim in East Coast waters than swimming pool, some prefer highly built up areas like East Coast/CBD, somre prefer large open spaces and nature parks e.g. upper bukit timah/thomson etc etc. It makes life more interesting. But having stayed in various parts of Singapore, the East Coast traffic is truly bad - probably the second worst after CTE.

SV88
18-03-10, 18:31
If only everyone likes D10, 11 and 12, then the prices in D15 would not have increased as much. All the foreigners are heading to the east compared to 10 years ago. Just take a walk at PP and you will notice the change.

xebay11
18-03-10, 19:08
It makes life more interesting. But having stayed in various parts of Singapore, the East Coast traffic is truly bad - probably the second worst after CTE.

Beg to differ, PIE is next worst after CTE.

Logically ECP cannot be bad, as the whole coastal area is mainly private properties including many landed areas and the other side is the sea, how bad can traffic get? Also it has Nicoll Highway to take away some traffic too. Which part of East Coast have you stayed in?

Compare with PIE and CTE which serves highly dense HDB areas.

xebay11
18-03-10, 19:12
If only everyone likes D10, 11 and 12, then the prices in D15 would not have increased as much. All the foreigners are heading to the east compared to 10 years ago. Just take a walk at PP and you will notice the change.

In my line of work, I have seen increasing enquiries for the East, it is a hot favourite with white expats, and many Indo and Indians have snapped up holiday homes.

Property_Owner
18-03-10, 19:39
Property is about location, location, location.

But......there is not place called perfect location....

I used to stay in East Coast...I love it, some hate it...
Now I stay in Sentosa, thousands envy me....I hate it

xebay11
18-03-10, 20:25
Property is about location, location, location.

But......there is not place called perfect location....

I used to stay in East Coast...I love it, some hate it...
Now I stay in Sentosa, thousands envy me....I hate it

I think Sentosa is great. Why do you hate it?

Regulators
18-03-10, 23:41
Property Owner,

why dont you consider staying at Queen Astrid Park or Astrid hill? I find the quality of life those areas not bad.

Property_Owner
20-03-10, 01:26
Property Owner,

why dont you consider staying at Queen Astrid Park or Astrid hill? I find the quality of life those areas not bad.

My son stay there la, QAP.

Regulators
20-03-10, 14:08
wah!! U bought QAP GCB for ur son? If i hv a father like u i will be damn glad
My son stay there la, QAP.

Wild Falcon
21-03-10, 16:55
A lot of ang mohs = good location? Post colonial hangover? Actually, nowadays foreigners venture out into the suburbs more. You will see enclaves being formed everywhere., which is not necessarily a bad things. Some like Japanese and Koreans are quite "homogeneous" and they prefer to hang around their own type.

Geylang = China
Tanjong Rhu/Meyer = Indians
Joo chiat = Vietnamese
Upper Bukit Timah/Hillview = Korean
West Coast = Japanese

Ang mohs are quite spread out but still prefer D9,10 and 11 generally and places close to international schools. East Coast is also very popular with Indian expats recently.

DC33_2008
21-03-10, 17:04
A lot of ang mohs = good location? Post colonial hangover? Actually, nowadays foreigners venture out into the suburbs more. You will see enclaves being formed everywhere., which is not necessarily a bad things. Some like Japanese and Koreans are quite "homogeneous" and they prefer to hang around their own type.

Geylang = China
Tanjong Rhu/Meyer = Indians
Joo chiat = Vietnamese
Upper Bukit Timah/Hillview = Korean
West Coast = Japanese

Ang mohs are quite spread out but still prefer D9,10 and 11 generally and places close to international schools. East Coast is also very popular with Indian expats recently.

EXPATS (NOT JUST ANGMOS) THESE DAYS ARE NOT GIVEN GOOD HOUSING ALLOWANCE HAVE TO GO FOR CHEAPER HOUSING OUTSIDE THE PRIME AREA. THEY ARE FROM ALL LEVEL OF MANAGEMENT. THE HIGHER LEVEL WILL STILL BE AT DISTRICTS 1,9,10 & 11.

Property_Owner
21-03-10, 17:39
wah!! U bought QAP GCB for ur son? If i hv a father like u i will be damn glad

It's mine lah, name still belong to me.

urban
21-03-10, 20:10
How is the sales of Coralis coming up?

Wild Falcon
24-03-10, 23:51
No news = so-so sales. Developers make use of every opportunity to tell the whole world their property is selling like hot cakes.

Ridiculous pricing in an area that has so many high rise condos - looks like developers are squeezing out every morsel of land in this area to build condos - its becoming increasingly suffocating and cluttered which will lower resident's quality of life.

How is the sales of Coralis coming up?

eng81157
25-03-10, 06:06
No news = so-so sales. Developers make use of every opportunity to tell the whole world their property is selling like hot cakes.

Ridiculous pricing in an area that has so many high rise condos - looks like developers are squeezing out every morsel of land in this area to build condos - its becoming increasingly suffocating and cluttered which will lower resident's quality of life.

no news = so-so sales?? :doh: totally flawed argument
developer is only officially launching it this weekend and stacks 1,4 and 7 are totally sold out.

do you call that so-so sales??

Wild Falcon
27-03-10, 20:44
this thing has been in the market lah. don't fall for the "soft launch" tingy. As far as I'm concerned, this project has been launched for WEEKS. In fact, its already all over the papers, still considered "not officially launched" ar? Goodness me.

no news = so-so sales?? :doh: totally flawed argument
developer is only officially launching it this weekend and stacks 1,4 and 7 are totally sold out.

do you call that so-so sales??

eng81157
28-03-10, 05:07
this thing has been in the market lah. don't fall for the "soft launch" tingy. As far as I'm concerned, this project has been launched for WEEKS. In fact, its already all over the papers, still considered "not officially launched" ar? Goodness me.

who cares if it's officially launched? your argument states no news = so so sales and there are 3 stacks sold out.

please learn to read :doh:

sealover
28-03-10, 12:52
who cares if it's officially launched? your argument states no news = so so sales and there are 3 stacks sold out.

Visited the crowded showroom yesterday, near 70% sold. Passing by The Shore showroom noted quite empty. I think Coralis pulls the buyers away because it is Freehold and at better location for about the same price.

eng81157
28-03-10, 15:57
congrats to brother bullman who got the 2BR unit with a 4% discount last week :)

urban
28-03-10, 18:08
congrats to brother bullman who got the 2BR unit with a 4% discount last week :)

Was the prices changed recently?

Wild Falcon
28-03-10, 23:31
Looks like your standard of overwhelming/outstanding/earthshattering sales is very low. By today's standards, a project has also sold 60%-70% of launched units after 3 weeks is considered so-so. There are sold out projects you know. This project sales performance is nothing to shout about lah - not "overwhelming" enough to be reported anywhere. As I say, I have a higher standard for overwhelming sales, and this performance has not reached there. Some people get 70/100 very happy, some people need higher marks. So different definition - please learn to read - just because you have lower standard doesn't mean people don't know how to read.

eng81157
29-03-10, 05:31
Looks like your standard of overwhelming/outstanding/earthshattering sales is very low. By today's standards, a project has also sold 60%-70% of launched units after 3 weeks is considered so-so. There are sold out projects you know. This project sales performance is nothing to shout about lah - not "overwhelming" enough to be reported anywhere. As I say, I have a higher standard for overwhelming sales, and this performance has not reached there. Some people get 70/100 very happy, some people need higher marks. So different definition - please learn to read - just because you have lower standard doesn't mean people don't know how to read.

the sales performance has got nothing to do with the news exposure. your argument is that no news = so so sales, not 70% of project sold = so so sales.

fail logic. please learn to read before attempting to do anything else. epic fail:doh:

sealover
29-03-10, 11:22
I think it is between so-so and out-performed.

Just like our teachers setting their exam papers, they can easily pass or fail students by the questions they set. I would say under current market sentiment, 70% sold in about three weeks is above average performance which is very much depending on the prices and room sizes set by the developer. If HL had set S$3000 psf and more big size units for its 76@Shenton, I am sure it will not be 100% sold in a day or even a month.

I understand that Coralis now gives 3% discount which is equivalent to Stamp-Duty-Absorbed scheme.

Squall8888
29-03-10, 11:54
Relax. No need to debate.

76 Shenton fully sold in 1 day and achieve 2.6k psf. Now, that is impressive and fast.

eng81157
29-03-10, 12:27
got a call from an agent who mentioned that FEO is launching another development - the sound, somewhere in east coast (near telok kurau lor n), at 1400-1500psf

makes coralis' pricing look attractive

urban
29-03-10, 13:37
I understand that Coralis now gives 3% discount which is equivalent to Stamp-Duty-Absorbed scheme.

Actually if they give 3% discount, it means the prices are revised upwards by 1%. They gave 4% during the 'preview'.

Lou
29-03-10, 15:15
got a call from an agent who mentioned that FEO is launching another development - the sound, somewhere in east coast (near telok kurau lor n), at 1400-1500psf

makes coralis' pricing look attractive

$1400 psf for the sound is probably for
studio. Think feo got inspired by siglap
prices.

bullman
30-03-10, 09:41
Hi guys,

Just got back from a long biz trip. Lol. Looks like there was a long heated debate on this development.

Actually, mr birdie falcon.. I think you are right, D9,10,11 is the best of the best. You should be residing there and also investing there. Leave the overpriced D15 to short-sighted home-owners and investors like us. :p

I am just surprised that the velocity of sales at coralis should concern you so much. Does it matter that its fully sold out in a day or only 70% sold out in 1-2 months? The FACT is that people are still buying at the very high,insane prices that you are arguing about. I guess these makes the rest of us dumb I guess. :ashamed1:

I dun mean to sound arrogant but buyers in the prime D15 areas are not so concerned about buying at high prices. Its the romantic relationship with this area. :D I am not really concerned if it drops to 600 psf in the next downturn. Its a project that I buy and hold and to move into. I guess this is what people view as as atas? :doh:

bullman
30-03-10, 09:44
coralis is near east coast beach but has no sea view whatsoever. i think the hdb blocks nearby have better views than coralis.

With all due respect sir, I agree with you. But I cannot bring myself to stay in a HDB so the next "best " option I have is to buy a lousy brand new unit at the lousy coralis. If I had more dough and far-sight, a 20 year old HDB will be a much better buy.

bullman
30-03-10, 09:48

Yes sir,
I am currently staying in the ardmore area and also have units in the D9 and D10. But my heart tells me to go D15...........

bullman
30-03-10, 09:50

Thanks bro.
Just paid for the stamp duty and thinking hard whether to grab another 3 bedder there. Developer say can still extend the 4% price to me as I am a repeat "offender" who is going to commit the same dumb crime again .

bullman
30-03-10, 09:53
prices.

I called up some of my regular agents and they claim that the 1400psf is for the bigger units. They can only guess that the small units are 1550 psf up. :scared-4:

sealover
30-03-10, 11:08
Welcome back Bullman, you should be pleased to read today StraiteTime reported by Joyce Teo: District 15 still the top draw Attractions include sea views and food haunts .............................

My old retired developer friend told me, there are many ways to set price by deveopers but basically depending on whether the TIME is one their side. e.g.

Under same condition.

Developer A set S$2100 psf for 100 units of 1000 sqft/unit
Sold Out in ONE DAY
You can call it Impressive, Excellent ......

Developer B set S$3000 psf instead
Sole ONLY 70% after few weeks
You may call it So-So or under performed......

Who is smarter? Both sales have the same total sales = S$210M but developer B who is "under performed" still has 30 units to spare.

In fact, developer B is not smarter than a 5th Grader lol, it is because B has more time on his side then A. A most probably hard pressed to generate cashflow/revenue for "reporting" and B most likely a family held cash-rich coy who can take their own time own target. B has shown in the past they would hold the price even up to TOP and lease the unsold units until such time they can dispose at higher price. They make more money than A and quitely...

bullman
30-03-10, 11:16
Welcome back Bullman, you should be pleased to read today StraiteTime reported by Joyce Teo: District 15 still the top draw Attractions include sea views and food haunts .............................

My old retired developer friend told me, there are many ways to set price by deveopers but basically depending on whether the TIME is one their side. e.g.

Under same condition.

Developer A set S$2100 psf for 100 units of 1000 sqft/unit
Sold Out in ONE DAY
You can call it Impressive, Excellent ......

Developer B set S$3000 psf instead
Sole ONLY 70% after few weeks
You may call it So-So or under performed......

Who is smarter? Both sales have the same total sales = S$210M but developer B who is "under performed" still has 30 units to spare.

In fact, developer B is not smarter than a 5th Grader lol, it is because B has more time on his side then A. A most probably hard pressed to generate cashflow/revenue for "reporting" and B most likely a family held cash-rich coy who can take their own time own target. B has shown in the past they would hold the price even up to TOP and lease the unsold units until such time they can dispose at higher price. They make more money than A and quitely...

Yes yes.. Now you are talking. That is the reason I only buy projects from certain developers who "help" their buyers.

urban
30-03-10, 11:54
Yes yes.. Now you are talking. That is the reason I only buy projects from certain developers who "help" their buyers.

Can you share who are these helpful developers?

eng81157
30-03-10, 12:49
Thanks bro.
Just paid for the stamp duty and thinking hard whether to grab another 3 bedder there. Developer say can still extend the 4% price to me as I am a repeat "offender" who is going to commit the same dumb crime again .

eh eh?? tell you what, when i have a kid, i will rent your 2BR to register for enrollment into tao nan or tanjong katong primary. this will allow you to leave in your 3BR place and still enjoy rental collection :)

bullman
30-03-10, 14:12
eh eh?? tell you what, when i have a kid, i will rent your 2BR to register for enrollment into tao nan or tanjong katong primary. this will allow you to leave in your 3BR place and still enjoy rental collection :)

Ahaha. thats a nice one bro. I am more than willing to help friends get along in the world. Some folks here do not believe in registering for a good primary school for the kid. Any ABC primary will do. I guess its a personal choice and belief.

I have also seen and experienced, how affiliation to certain schools have helped to open up doors. Those who object to this claim are those who have not been privileged enough to encounter this and I rest my case.

Blue
31-03-10, 12:39
Relax. No need to debate.

76 Shenton fully sold in 1 day and achieve 2.6k psf. Now, that is impressive and fast.

When market crashes, it will also be one of the first few in the prime districts to take a free fall. :cool:

Make a study on the history during the last financial crisis...and you see prices in prime districts dipped by 20 to 30% while prices in D15 keep climbing like nobody business. :cool:

I hvn't heard of anyone making a loss from investing in property in D15. But lots of fire auction sales from prime districts when market crashes.

eng81157
31-03-10, 15:55
When market crashes, it will also be one of the first few in the prime districts to take a free fall. :cool:

Make a study on the history during the last financial crisis...and you see prices in prime districts dipped by 20 to 30% while prices in D15 keep climbing like nobody business. :cool:

I hvn't heard of anyone making a loss from investing in property in D15. But lots of fire auction sales from prime districts when market crashes.

i agree with the argument in principle, though it may be over simplistic to say that d15 property prices are immune to dips. another plausible reason why prime district prices suffer a larger decline is that purchasers could be more a speculator than a stay-in owner. hence, there is a tendency for such buyers to overgear themselves and risk the scenario of a fire sale if they can't cough up $ upon t.o.p to service the mortgage.

having said so, we also can't rule out the fact that there aren't speculators in d15. just perhaps, not as much as you would find in the prime areas.

just my opinion, there could be a ton of other reasons

teddybear
31-03-10, 16:04
When did property prices in D15 ever go up when the rest are coming down? Never heard of that for past so many decades and this is the first time I ever heard of such statement. Still, giving you the benefit of doubt - Can you show data to justify what you said? :confused:

I have a friend who bought at $1000 psf in D15 in 1998. Till now still cannot recover the costs when interests is included.

Blue
31-03-10, 18:22
When did property prices in D15 ever go up when the rest are coming down? Never heard of that for past so many decades and this is the first time I ever heard of such statement. Still, giving you the benefit of doubt - Can you show data to justify what you said? :confused:

I have a friend who bought at $1000 psf in D15 in 1998. Till now still cannot recover the costs when interests is included.

Don't like to spoon feed people....go do a search on the internet yourself :tsk-tsk:

I dun hv to convince u how D15 is performing since most of your statements are "anti-D15". Why should u be here? Go back to your prime district forums and brag about your investment in Orchard Rd and tell how well it is performing. :cheers1:

Property_Owner
31-03-10, 18:41

Tat 'colour' seems to have vested interest in D15...

bullman
31-03-10, 19:12

hi Teddy,
I must really congratulate your friend who manage to at 1000psf back in 1998. The premium over the market price at that time in D15 will amount to 20%? well-done!

bullman
31-03-10, 22:42

An obvious one that everyone knows is FEO.

bullman
31-03-10, 22:49

Hi teddy buddy,

Mind if we analyze your statement? I am sure many have heard of friends buying in D9,10,11,21 and losing the shirt off their backs as well. So what's the takeaway? Avoid buying in certain districts because friends/ relatives/hearsay/legend ? :doh:

I think you have to wake up to reality buddy. Also, why so concerned over dumb people like us waxing about the luxury of staying in D15? Please allow us to continue to buy at record prices here so that the baseline for the prime D9,10,11,21 will be even higher, then you can retire in this cycle. :cheers1:

teddybear
31-03-10, 22:57
'colour'? Mmm, mmm, mmm, ok, got it (a bit slow nowsadays, must be getting old. :p :D).

proud owner
31-03-10, 23:00

questionable ...

if its true .. what does it say ? D15 all buy for own stay .. not investment ..

teddybear
31-03-10, 23:02
FEO? Don't think so as I heard that they dump HillView area properties previously after that area hits $1000 psf and then economy went into tailspin (was something like 1999 or so)?. That area have never come close to this price even now in 2010. Another case of 11 years stuck in the mud and still cannot even recover to their glory days. (In this respect, D15 still better than D21 !) :p

An obvious one that everyone knows is FEO.

Originally Posted by urban

proud owner
31-03-10, 23:07
FEO? Don't think so as I heard that they dump HillView area properties previously after that area hits $1000 psf and then economy went into tailspin (was something like 1999 or so)?. That area have never come close to this price even now in 2010. Another case of 11 years stuck in the mud and still cannot even recover to their glory days. (In this respect, D15 still better than D21 !) :p

anyone remember ... who said this .. in the papers in 2008 .. ?

Buy will people are selling ... Sell when people are buying ...

proud owner
31-03-10, 23:09
anyone remember ... who said this .. in the papers in 2008 .. ?

Buy will people are selling ... Sell when people are buying ...

i mean

Buy WHEN people are selling Sell when people are buying

i think the late FEO said that ...

Wild Falcon
31-03-10, 23:47
Hillview has never hit $1000psf in 1998 PEAK lah. More like $600psf $650psf - all are above water now. The "Hillview" property they sold cheaply was actually a Bukit Batok property that is 99LH called "Hillview Regency" which they were forced to sell as the lease term was running horribly low. They held on their freehold land in the area (and FEO still have some FH land left in the area). BTW, those who bought the Bukit Batok condo (TOP at 2005 or so) at $380psf made good returns in 2 years which started trading at $700psf - almost doubling. So market timing is key.

Wild Falcon
01-04-10, 00:04
I don't think Tao Nan get you that far in terms of pedigree or rubbing shoulders with people with pedigree. In fact, most would agree it is a place when "non-pedigree" parents who do not have connections (e.g. old boys/girls of mission schools or other elite schools) only hope of getting into a decent school which does not even give you any priority into any elite secondary school. In short I doubt affiliation to Tao Nan gets you far lah if your main intention is to rub shoulders with important people's children. The mission schools are better bets and almost guarantees your a child a place in their secondary school - ACS, MGS, SCGS, Nanyang Pri, Henry Park, St Nicks, RGPS etc. I believe those parents who are old boys/girls of mission schools will not be that desperate to send their children to something like Tao Nan. But I agree if parents are not pedigree and are kiasu, then Tao Nan and Ai Tong might be good (and only) choices but then these schools haven't produced top students. Anyway, still amused with how some parents keep moving house just to send their children to a "good" primary school. thanks goodness I needn't do that.

Ahaha. thats a nice one bro. I am more than willing to help friends get along in the world. Some folks here do not believe in registering for a good primary school for the kid. Any ABC primary will do. I guess its a personal choice and belief.

I have also seen and experienced, how affiliation to certain schools have helped to open up doors. Those who object to this claim are those who have not been privileged enough to encounter this and I rest my case.

Wild Falcon
01-04-10, 00:09
I start getting worried when even outskirts start launching mainly mickey mouse units :doh:.

prices.

eng81157
01-04-10, 04:50
I don't think Tao Nan get you that far in terms of pedigree or rubbing shoulders with people with pedigree. In fact, most would agree it is a place when "non-pedigree" parents who do not have connections (e.g. old boys/girls of mission schools or other elite schools) only hope of getting into a decent school which does not even give you any priority into any elite secondary school. In short I doubt affiliation to Tao Nan gets you far lah if your main intention is to rub shoulders with important people's children. The mission schools are better bets and almost guarantees your a child a place in their secondary school - ACS, MGS, SCGS, Nanyang Pri, Henry Park, St Nicks, RGPS etc. I believe those parents who are old boys/girls of mission schools will not be that desperate to send their children to something like Tao Nan. But I agree if parents are not pedigree and are kiasu, then Tao Nan and Ai Tong might be good (and only) choices but then these schools haven't produced top students. Anyway, still amused with how some parents keep moving house just to send their children to a "good" primary school. thanks goodness I needn't do that.

haven't produced top students? :doh: it's a sap school for crying out loud. so henry park, scgs, mgs had produced top students?
please refrain from making sweeping statements

Condorich
01-04-10, 08:56
i mean

Buy WHEN people are selling Sell when people are buying

i think the late FEO said that ...

Not sure. But it is that way for most of the folks as

1. You can only buy if people are selling
2. You can only sell if people are buying.
If not.. no deal.

But for those who are wiser..

1. Buy when no one is buying (but will still have someone selling and it will always be the case) i.e. Early 2009
2. Sell when everyone is buying (not easy decision to make and have to part with prize winner, so the buyers have to be compensated more). i.e. Early 2010

It depends on which side you are on. Many wise words said by others, just borrow their wisdom.

bullman
01-04-10, 09:57

Ahaha. From this comment, I can conclude: He is a birdie after all.

bullman
01-04-10, 10:00

I....rest my case. Will go out looking for some neighborhood primary school after this enlightened preaching from the birdie

bullman
01-04-10, 10:05

Notice that teddy buddy use the word "heard" again ? So I guess its hearsay as usual.. If you look at FEO, they take good care of their first phase buyers. Despite that, logically, you dun buy all their projects. Only those those whereby the numbers work out.

bullman
01-04-10, 10:14
Anyway, this conversation is degenerating and going nowhere with the cyclic argument. Lets just put it that D15 is a place for dumb people to buy into. We like the area sooooo much despite all its draw backs that we buy with our heart instead of our mind. So what if it drops to 500 psf as long as you are not selling it at that stage and not over leveraging. Just enjoy the stay and lifestyle dude.

For those east coast lovers out there, just buy within your means. I am sure there is a better deal in some other district out there. There is always a better deal somewhere. But if you decide on D15, just go ahead and dun look back. :cheers1: I look at the upcoming launches in the telok kurau and haig road area with their psf, and I feel like a rocket scientist with my buy at Coralis, OA and seaview. :cheers1:

eng81157
01-04-10, 11:48
Anyway, this conversation is degenerating and going nowhere with the cyclic argument. Lets just put it that D15 is a place for dumb people to buy into. We like the area sooooo much despite all its draw backs that we buy with our heart instead of our mind. So what if it drops to 500 psf as long as you are not selling it at that stage and not over leveraging. Just enjoy the stay and lifestyle dude.

For those east coast lovers out there, just buy within your means. I am sure there is a better deal in some other district out there. There is always a better deal somewhere. But if you decide on D15, just go ahead and dun look back. :cheers1: I look at the upcoming launches in the telok kurau and haig road area with their psf, and I feel like a rocket scientist with my buy at Coralis, OA and seaview. :cheers1:

just curious, why didn't you buy parc seabreeze instead? any reason/s that you would care to share?

urban
01-04-10, 12:22
just curious, why didn't you buy parc seabreeze instead? any reason/s that you would care to share?

Speaking of PSB, i bought a unit there actually. But i intend to stay there.

eng81157
01-04-10, 12:45
Speaking of PSB, i bought a unit there actually. But i intend to stay there.

can share which floor and stack did you buy?

urban
01-04-10, 13:33
can share which floor and stack did you buy?

Stack 4 high floor.

sealover
01-04-10, 17:32
Stack 4 high floor.

Wow, Stack 4 which is directly facing the next door old condo. Any good reason? En-bloc soon?

Anyway, just to share with all of you the combined Plan layout of Coralis and PSB done by my hardworking agent.

eng81157
01-04-10, 20:06
Stack 4 high floor.

must have cost a bomb, facing sea

urban
01-04-10, 22:42
Wow, Stack 4 which is directly facing the next door old condo. Any good reason? En-bloc soon?

Looking for a 4 bedder and the location is convenient.
I think high floor can look over the marine view condo next door.

Wild Falcon
02-04-10, 22:40
Name a top student or important person from Tao Nan Primary. NONE.. It does not guarantee your child in an elite secondary school. And those schools you name below? I'm sure you can find someone that is important - politicians, celebrities, Asia Games winner, famous entreprenerurs etc. As I say, Tao Nan is the ONLY place that non-pedigree parents can send their children to a decent primary school. You would be surprised a lot of these non-pedigree parents buy a D15 house just to get their children into Tao Nan. I have some friends who tell me that they have no affiliation to any good schools and therefore must rent or buy a place near Tao Nan as unlike other elite schools with strong alumni, staying within 1 km of Tao Nan stands a pretty good chance. And I have yet to see a truly outstanding person from Tao Nan or Chung Cheng but the Nanyang Primary, RGPS, ACS etc. have consistently produced a substantial number of exceptional students.

haven't produced top students? :doh: it's a sap school for crying out loud. so henry park, scgs, mgs had produced top students?
please refrain from making sweeping statements

DKSG
02-04-10, 23:40
Any updates on the sales and psf hit ?

eng81157
03-04-10, 04:59
Name a top student or important person from Tao Nan Primary. NONE.. It does not guarantee your child in an elite secondary school. And those schools you name below? I'm sure you can find someone that is important - politicians, celebrities, Asia Games winner, famous entreprenerurs etc. As I say, Tao Nan is the ONLY place that non-pedigree parents can send their children to a decent primary school. You would be surprised a lot of these non-pedigree parents buy a D15 house just to get their children into Tao Nan. I have some friends who tell me that they have no affiliation to any good schools and therefore must rent or buy a place near Tao Nan as unlike other elite schools with strong alumni, staying within 1 km of Tao Nan stands a pretty good chance. And I have yet to see a truly outstanding person from Tao Nan or Chung Cheng but the Nanyang Primary, RGPS, ACS etc. have consistently produced a substantial number of exceptional students.

then name me one from scgs or mgs as you have claimed. you made claims and we question. it is your onus to prove it.
unless you have databases that can verify your claims, please refrain from making sweeping statements.
i think i can deduce - you are clearly not in the legal profession

Wild Falcon
03-04-10, 08:13
SCGS and MGS definitely has strong alumni - looks like you're so "unconnected" that you don't even know who are in the alumni. No offence. I'm just responding to some idiot's comment that he wants his child to have good "connections" by going to Tao Nan. The reality is if you're so desperate for connections and affiliations, then there better choices which I have named - the Nanyang/HwaChong, Raffles, ACS/MGS, St Nicks/Catholic High etc :). But if you just want a decent education with no strong affiliations, I wouldn't rank Tao Nan much higher than other neighbourhood schools. Bear in mind, a school that takes in "gifted" students from other schools should always do better - it doesn't mean the teaching methods are superior.

Going back to Coralis. Small plot of land surrounded by other buildings - very crowded area. Not enough car park space if you have 2 cars. Considerng most middle class have 2 cars nowadays - one normal car and another fun roadster - you wouldn't want to look for car park spaces elsewhere right? No full condo. With so many surrounding developments in a dense area, I'm sure there are better choices at better price point.

then name me one from scgs or mgs as you have claimed. you made claims and we question. it is your onus to prove it.
unless you have databases that can verify your claims, please refrain from making sweeping statements.
i think i can deduce - you are clearly not in the legal profession

eng81157
03-04-10, 11:06
SCGS and MGS definitely has strong alumni - looks like you're so "unconnected" that you don't even know who are in the alumni. No offence. I'm just responding to some idiot's comment that he wants his child to have good "connections" by going to Tao Nan. The reality is if you're so desperate for connections and affiliations, then there better choices which I have named - the Nanyang/HwaChong, Raffles, ACS/MGS, St Nicks/Catholic High etc :). But if you just want a decent education with no strong affiliations, I wouldn't rank Tao Nan much higher than other neighbourhood schools. Bear in mind, a school that takes in "gifted" students from other schools should always do better - it doesn't mean the teaching methods are superior.

Going back to Coralis. Small plot of land surrounded by other buildings - very crowded area. Not enough car park space if you have 2 cars. Considerng most middle class have 2 cars nowadays - one normal car and another fun roadster - you wouldn't want to look for car park spaces elsewhere right? No full condo. With so many surrounding developments in a dense area, I'm sure there are better choices at better price point.

your claim was tao nan had no top students, not whether mgs or scgs has a strong or well connected alumni. fail reasoning....

i rest my case, can't be bothered to attempt to reason anymore, when more baseless statements pops out 'most middle class have 2 cars':confused:

DKSG
03-04-10, 13:42
Most middle class Singaporeans should stay in JB, only in JB you can have a nice affordable house with TWO parking lots or more ...

Alamak ! Which condo give u 2 parking lots ? Wake up wake up ... U from Xing Shan ? or Batu Phahut (did I spell it right?) ?

I just came back from W Residences @ Sentosa Cove, one of more sought after places (I didnt say MOST hor) ... And I dont think they have 2 parking lots per unit.

Come to think of it, are you hinting that most middle income household should stay HDB flats ? Easier to get 2 parking lots.

acewee
03-04-10, 15:34
Buy a cluster house. That should give u 2 lots.

Most middle class Singaporeans should stay in JB, only in JB you can have a nice affordable house with TWO parking lots or more ...

Alamak ! Which condo give u 2 parking lots ? Wake up wake up ... U from Xing Shan ? or Batu Phahut (did I spell it right?) ?

I just came back from W Residences @ Sentosa Cove, one of more sought after places (I didnt say MOST hor) ... And I dont think they have 2 parking lots per unit.

Come to think of it, are you hinting that most middle income household should stay HDB flats ? Easier to get 2 parking lots.

eng81157
03-04-10, 19:24

heh. maybe our dear falcon bro has backing of some powerful alumni in batu pahat or jb. looks like 2 parking lots is insufficient for someone who mixes with the creme-de-la-creme crowd. should have a multi-storey carpark within his living compound to house his fleet of premium grade cars.

mere mortals like us would need 2 parking lots. lemme write to my mp about this

Wild Falcon
04-04-10, 22:16
I definitely have more than 2 lots at my place :) But I'm trying to say is the condo will not cater to the needs of upper middle class who have more than one car. Nowadays from my observation, both husband and wife have a car - at least at my work place where the professional working woman also drive to work. So this place would be a no-no to them with so few parking lots - I have friends who have to find HDB parking lots for their second car and are complaining. If you're the sort who share an ugly SUV/sedan with your wife, then no issue lah.

Buy a cluster house. That should give u 2 lots.

Wild Falcon
04-04-10, 22:49
And at least I share my views on this project (not enough parking, too close to other projects, small plot of land, so-so rental yield etc.). Its better than those forummers who have no opinions, merely put down other people's opinion or call names, or worst still sugar coat everything and make every project sounds like "sold out like hot cakes" when in reality it isn't.

DKSG
04-04-10, 23:46
If your comment is that this condo do not have 2 parking lots to cater for middle class Singaporeans, then u might well post the same comment on EVERY SINGLE condo thread here ?

Since all condos do not have 2 parking lots for residents.

This kinda of comment is the same as "this condo, no good, need to share lift with many people".

Ok. This is my last post abt this 2 parking lots issue. I seriously rest my case.

But Hey! I found a solution to the 2 parking lots issue ! Buy TWO units !

eng81157
05-04-10, 06:28
well with baseless claims like gifted schools do not produce top students and most middle class families have two cars, can understand how a bird's perspective is almost like a wind tunnel.

i've got no $$ to buy 2 condo units, so that makes me part of the poor and under-privileged. i need to speak to my mp liao

bullman
05-04-10, 08:13

Hey guys,

Look at the birdie's choice of words like "pedigree". That definitely make folks sound like some champion line dogs or something. But sigh, thats what people like them do to you. First they drag you down to their level of thinking, maturity, intelligence and then they defeat you on the ground of (in this case) "birdism ideology" . :doh:

bullman
05-04-10, 08:21
And at least I share my views on this project (not enough parking, too close to other projects, small plot of land, so-so rental yield etc.). Its better than those forummers who have no opinions, merely put down other people's opinion or call names, or worst still sugar coat everything and make every project sounds like "sold out like hot cakes" when in reality it isn't.

hi birdie,

You do realise that your views are biased and without grounds right? I understand that because the notion of planting your foot firmly on the ground is alien to your species.

Let me point out just one of your many fictitious and gaps(i think canyons will be closer) in thinking and analysis. The land area for this project is slightly above 50k sqft. Its a big piece of land considering the number of units and its location. There is even a jogging track for pete's sake. If you consider this small, I understand why as you are looking at it from a bird's eye view. :D

You mention that others call names. Look at your earlier posts, they are rude and you use names like "the idiot ....." etc. I guess its a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

A final word of advice: Go back to your D9,10 nest to squawk.

bullman
05-04-10, 08:29
Anyway guys,

the thread is on the coralis and not on some bird. I am sure the birdie is basking in the love, adoration and attention right now.

The last update I got from my agent is that the place is around 80% sold. Thats good enough news for me. Watching eagerly from the sidelines for the upcoming launch of the sound and other projects at a higher psf. :cheers1: I also notice that the asking price for the seaview has increased significantly, someone is asking for 800+ k for a studio unit. This is very good..:cheers1:

urban
05-04-10, 09:48
Are there many condos which cater to 2 car lots for each unit? The only one i recall in recent history is Meier Suites which has 100+ lots for 50+ units.

DC33_2008
05-04-10, 09:57
Are there many condos which cater to 2 car lots for each unit? The only one i recall in recent history is Meier Suites which has 100+ lots for 50+ units.

Older development has provision for 2 or even 3 carparks (special considerations). I have a unit in CBD area where there are so few cars because most of them are tenanted and they do need a car as they either walk or take public transport like taxi, MRT or buses to their workplace.

bullman
05-04-10, 10:40
Older development has provision for 2 or even 3 carparks (special considerations). I have a unit in CBD area where there are so few cars because most of them are tenanted and they do need a car as they either walk or take public transport like taxi, MRT or buses to their workplace.

Hi buddy,

You need to pay for a carpark slot for CBD condos even if you are an owner so its comparing apples with oranges.

Blue
05-04-10, 11:00

Of cos, if not y u think I bother coming into D15 forum? I simply love this area, and I am also a resident here. :spliff:

Just can't stand those without vested interest come in here to talk with baseless coments, pour cold water, and expect pple to spoon feed them loads of historical info. Yet, they will find all means and loopholes to downplay the facts. :doh:

They are naive enough to think that their negative comments in this forum will stop people from buying D15 properties and bring the entire D15 prices down so they can go in themselves. But the fact is, prices keep going up despite what they say cos folks who bought D15 houses know exactly what it's worth, and they who missed the boat can only sulk and complain :p

Truely as it is, if these pple are really buying prime districts like Marina Bay and Orchard Rd, do they really bother about competition from non-prime districts like D15? Why are they in this forum the first place? The answer is obvious. :D

urban
05-04-10, 18:01
Almost all corners of Singapore has private properties being developed and there are people who like those areas for whatever reason.

The market will always find a price. There is no perfect place where you get tons of appreciation and no downside risks (only caveat is when you are the biggest landbank owner in Singapore).

Blue
06-04-10, 17:51
Been to the showflat, and I must say the ID was really good. Nice colors matching, nice branded appliances + sink mixers, good use of space. Most of the seaview facing units sold. Comparing the psf and number of units sharing common facilities, I still prefer Moda.:rolleyes:

urban
06-04-10, 18:05
Been to the showflat, and I must say the ID was really good. Nice colors matching, nice branded appliances + sink mixers, good use of space. Most of the seaview facing units sold. Comparing the psf and number of units sharing common facilities, I still prefer Moda.:rolleyes:

Can see sea meh? Blocked by Parc Seabreeze, no?

Blue
06-04-10, 18:43
Can see sea meh? Blocked by Parc Seabreeze, no?

It's slanted in an angle that the high floors which can clear the lower levels HDB can see sea view, and not blocked by Parc Seabreeze. May not get full seaview though, maybe pockets of sea view.

DC33_2008
06-04-10, 22:35
Hi buddy,

You need to pay for a carpark slot for CBD condos even if you are an owner so its comparing apples with oranges.

PAL! BTW, I AM COMPARING APPLE TO APPLE. THE CARPARK IN THIS 999LH DEVELOPMENT LOCATED IN THE CBD AREA DOES NOT NEED TO PAY FOR PARKING.

Wild Falcon
06-04-10, 22:40
There are negative comments in every forum thread lah. Doesn't mean there're negative comments about a project doesn't mean someone is jealous of you. After all, this is a forum to share views and what is the point of only hearing the good things? Have an open mind and sometimes different viewpoints help you see things from a wider perspective.

Of cos, if not y u think I bother coming into D15 forum? I simply love this area, and I am also a resident here. :spliff:

Just can't stand those without vested interest come in here to talk with baseless coments, pour cold water, and expect pple to spoon feed them loads of historical info. Yet, they will find all means and loopholes to downplay the facts. :doh:

They are naive enough to think that their negative comments in this forum will stop people from buying D15 properties and bring the entire D15 prices down so they can go in themselves. But the fact is, prices keep going up despite what they say cos folks who bought D15 houses know exactly what it's worth, and they who missed the boat can only sulk and complain :p

Truely as it is, if these pple are really buying prime districts like Marina Bay and Orchard Rd, do they really bother about competition from non-prime districts like D15? Why are they in this forum the first place? The answer is obvious. :D

Wild Falcon
06-04-10, 22:53
Not sure why the sudden attack on me just because of a few bad reviews. Seriously, if no tennis court, no sufficient parking lots, no unobstructed view, cramped environment is NOT IMPORTANT to Bullman, then so be it right? I'm just saying a potential buyer may have to take these into consideration. What do people want to hear? If it makes you happy, it's the most value for money condo, so cheap, high class because it is D15 (I notice a lot of such self proclaim in this forum), lovely showflat interior decoration and wonderful sofa, parking is not important because most buyers/visitors in this area don't drive, no tennis court nevermind because people here don't exercise and don't know ball games. Whatever. If it makes you happy.

marktkt22
07-04-10, 01:34
Been to Coralis, layout is nice and regular and a sizeable land area devt, near katong mall. Agent claimed ~ 70-80% sold, left limited 2bedder and 3 bedder, and PH. If you enjoyed all the yummy food in nearby eateries and the seafood east coast park, definitely a good place to stay.:)

As many mentioned in the forum, the food, sun, beach, near to city, IR and airport etc... that the charm of D15 that is unique..,,to each his own,:)

Blue
07-04-10, 16:19
Not sure why the sudden attack on me just because of a few bad reviews. Seriously, if no tennis court, no sufficient parking lots, no unobstructed view, cramped environment is NOT IMPORTANT to Bullman, then so be it right? I'm just saying a potential buyer may have to take these into consideration. What do people want to hear? If it makes you happy, it's the most value for money condo, so cheap, high class because it is D15 (I notice a lot of such self proclaim in this forum), lovely showflat interior decoration and wonderful sofa, parking is not important because most buyers/visitors in this area don't drive, no tennis court nevermind because people here don't exercise and don't know ball games. Whatever. If it makes you happy.

I think you really love tennis court and parking lots. :D You should buy a HDB next to the sports complex. Lots of amble parking & sports facilities for you to use. No need to pay over $1000 psf to buy. Yio Chu Kang can liao.

Blue
07-04-10, 16:23
PAL! BTW, I AM COMPARING APPLE TO APPLE. THE CARPARK IN THIS 999LH DEVELOPMENT LOCATED IN THE CBD AREA DOES NOT NEED TO PAY FOR PARKING.

You are comparing an old rotten apple to a new apple. And that is the difference. Old development can never compare to new ones.

teddybear
07-04-10, 16:31
This statement is definitely FALSE!
Ardmore Park, 9 years old, most recent transaction highest $3688 psf.
Nearby Ardmore II, totally new, highest only $2829 psf.
True life situation: old $ >> new $. :banghead:

You are comparing an old rotten apple to a new apple. And that is the difference. Old development can never compare to new ones.

bullman
07-04-10, 16:40

Hi buddy,

Oh I see. I guess you are referring to EG then. I thought you were referring to projects like clift, icon, lumiere, one shenton, or even the sail etc. My bad my bad

bullman
07-04-10, 16:43
Been to Coralis, layout is nice and regular and a sizeable land area devt, near katong mall. Agent claimed ~ 70-80% sold, left limited 2bedder and 3 bedder, and PH. If you enjoyed all the yummy food in nearby eateries and the seafood east coast park, definitely a good place to stay.:)

As many mentioned in the forum, the food, sun, beach, near to city, IR and airport etc... that the charm of D15 that is unique..,,to each his own,:)

Yes yes. Yummy foodie. :D
"To each his own" :cheers1:

Blue
07-04-10, 16:43
This statement is definitely FALSE!
Ardmore Park, 9 years old, most recent transaction highest $3688 psf.
Nearby Ardmore II, totally new, highest only $2829 psf.
True life situation: old $ >> new $. :banghead:

One bamboo stick can sink the entire boat? Then by all means go buy all the old houses and try to sell them higher than new launches. There are some old houses with "ghosts" you can get cheaply for. :D

bullman
07-04-10, 16:44
Anyway, been seeing some flippers in action. Let them drive up the prices.

DC33_2008
07-04-10, 19:03
Hi buddy,

Oh I see. I guess you are referring to EG then. I thought you were referring to projects like clift, icon, lumiere, one shenton, or even the sail etc. My bad my bad

Not too keen on those projects even though they are really hot now. Just a different set of investment criteria.

teddybear
07-04-10, 20:47
Why you such a copy cat of "Property Owner"? You keep saying D15 prices sure rise, something like $1200 psf stil cheap, more popular than even D9 blah blah blah that Property Owner ask you to go buy up all D15 properties below $1200 psf isn't it? I didn't ask people to buy at those price? I am just stating that you statement is false as you are basically saying new properties are definitely better and more expensive than old properties.

One bamboo stick can sink the entire boat? Then by all means go buy all the old houses and try to sell them higher than new launches. There are some old houses with "ghosts" you can get cheaply for. :D

DC33_2008
07-04-10, 22:30

Not sure about that. It may be like vintage wine or stone yet to be unearthed and cut into precious diamond. At least based on land value and distance to raffles place and mrt stn, this has more upside than those 99LH developments.

DC33_2008
07-04-10, 22:42

Old houses might not be too bad after all. Just like toh tuck condo which got enbloc today. IMO, development that has good location and rare in the vicinity are some of the important criteria.

Blue
08-04-10, 17:12
Old houses might not be too bad after all. Just like toh tuck condo which got enbloc today. IMO, development that has good location and rare in the vicinity are some of the important criteria.

Right, provided the en-bloc sale becomes successful and not ending up in law suits and neighbour disputes.

But how can you tell if a development will get en-bloc? It's like buying lottery and hope you strike the jackpot one day.

And you have to either stay there or rent out for the time being while waiting for en-bloc...how long can you live to see the dream happening?

bullman
08-04-10, 22:53
Right, provided the en-bloc sale becomes successful and not ending up in law suits and neighbour disputes.

But how can you tell if a development will get en-bloc? It's like buying lottery and hope you strike the jackpot one day.

And you have to either stay there or rent out for the time being while waiting for en-bloc...how long can you live to see the dream happening?

I agree on this point. I have seen many investor friends buying really old and run down units in projects with "tips" that it will be enbloc and end up holding long term and still waiting. :doh:

DC33_2008
09-04-10, 08:48
I agree on this point. I have seen many investor friends buying really old and run down units in projects with "tips" that it will be enbloc and end up holding long term and still waiting. :doh:

Enbloc is a bonus or like striking a lottery. IMO, it is first about capital gain and follow by rental yield for investor. Any advice.

Condorich
09-04-10, 09:01

Just buy for the long term hold. Disregard enblock rumours. If it is going to be enblocked, why would the owners want to sell? They might just hold and have that piece of pie themselves. Gimmicks always.

The art of buying old and run down units is the ability to see beyond the short term horizon. Buy when no one want to buy and sell later when there is indeed enblock news or good news for that area, such as new shopping malls, new MRT lines, new universities, new town center, new hotel clusters etc... New and good amenities. Timing is critical to reap the maximum gain then.

bullman
09-04-10, 09:12
Just buy for the long term hold. Disregard enblock rumours. If it is going to be enblocked, why would the owners want to sell? They might just hold and have that piece of pie themselves. Gimmicks always.

The art of buying old and run down units is the ability to see beyond the short term horizon. Buy when no one want to buy and sell later when there is indeed enblock news or good news for that area, such as new shopping malls, new MRT lines, new universities, new town center, new hotel clusters etc... New and good amenities. Timing is critical to reap the maximum gain then.

This is indeed prime time investment tips. I agree on this, I did just that with a development along meyer road. Let the new buyer figure out the enbloc.

There is more to buying property for investment than meets the eye. Keep the good sharing going.

bullman
09-04-10, 09:13
Enbloc is a bonus or like striking a lottery. IMO, it is first about capital gain and follow by rental yield for investor. Any advice.

Yes yes. Capital gain.... Rental yield is a myth in sg. Unless you bought icon or citylights at 400k back in 06 and now renting at 3.5k. :scared-4:

Blue
09-04-10, 10:03
Also, when you buy a potential en-bloc development, you are entering in at current market prices which is probably 100% higher than the original price which the existing neighbours have paid.

If they all vote for en-bloc at 100% profit en-bloc selling price, what piece of pie can you get as the minority? :doh:

eng81157
09-04-10, 11:29
speaking of enbloc, i know of a family friend who bought 2 old, run down apartments smacked right in the middle of geylang, located in between the even and odd lorongs, hoping for an enbloc.

both apts were purchased at the peak, costing about $1m in all. currently, she has problems collecting rent from foreign talents who rented.

i agree with the view - never buy in speculation of en-bloc. doing that is just like gazing into the crystal ball. in this case, it's pure stupidity cos why on earth would any developer build a housing development deep in the heart of sleaze