PDA

View Full Version : OPNION ON INVESTMENT STRATEGY

Regulators
02-05-10, 17:13
hey guys,

The following are the list of questions:

1) would you buy a slightly older project knowing that a new project just beside it is selling at 200-300psf higher?

2) would you buy a brand new project knowing that there are surrounding plots of land also marked for residential development or some new shopping centre etc is coming up nearby?

3) would you buy a very old freehold project near mrt line and wait for en bloc?

what would your choice be and why?

devilplate
02-05-10, 17:20
hey guys,

1) would you buy a slightly older project knowing that a new project just beside it is selling at 200-300psf higher?

2) would you buy a brand new project knowing that there are surrounding plots of land also marked for residential development or some new shopping centre etc is coming up nearby?

3) would you buy a very old freehold project near mrt line and wait for en bloc?

1) Yes, I urged my fren to buy Blue Horizon and he is happily sitting on gd immediate paper gains

2) Depends on location. For eg...Treehouse fits into the bill: But i will not buy into it.

3) Be it FH or 99LH, doesnt matter for enbloc...again Location tat matters...only buy into prime areas with no GLS nearby if u hoping for a enbloc windfall...u nid to dig in deeper (plot ratio, ht restriction, size of plot...too small no gd, too big more den 500mil aso hard for dev to swallow)

chanys
02-05-10, 23:48
I have 2 questions, and the first is a naive one:
1. What is GLS?
2. I'm wondering why a slightly older dev is selling for 200-300 psf lower than the new dev next door. I've just pop over to h88.com and looked at its review of the Vision. Why would anyone buy that instead of Blue Horizon next door??:confused:

Many thanks for any comments.

1) Yes, I urged my fren to buy Blue Horizon and he is happily sitting on gd immediate paper gains

2) Depends on location. For eg...Treehouse fits into the bill: But i will not buy into it.

3) Be it FH or 99LH, doesnt matter for enbloc...again Location tat matters...only buy into prime areas with no GLS nearby if u hoping for a enbloc windfall...u nid to dig in deeper (plot ratio, ht restriction, size of plot...too small no gd, too big more den 500mil aso hard for dev to swallow)

devilplate
02-05-10, 23:56
I have 2 questions, and the first is a naive one:
1. What is GLS?
2. This is for the thread-starter. I'm wondering why a slightly older dev is selling for 200-300 psf lower than the new dev next door. Is it because the older dev is a 99yr leasehold and thus the value is dropping, perhaps this dev is already 10-20 yrs old?

1) Govt Land Sales (be it HDB/URA sales agt)

2)In current bull market, new launches usually a price leader. Even for a FH resale condo less den 5yo, u wud expect new launches to be 10-30% higher for same FH status. Simply becoz, if new launches r priced at the same price as older resale, den wat happens to the prices for the older resale. Imagine 3-4yrs later when the new project TOP (brandnew) and the older project will be another 3-4yr older. Hope it make sense.

:2cents:

Regulators
03-05-10, 01:12
i feel new project prices are always welcome in a neighbourhood with a lot of old projects. if you have 6 new projects coming up in the area and only 3 old projects in a location, the old project prices will automatically be lifted by the new projects. If there are many new projects spouting up in that area, there is always these enbloc mentality in the the owners of the old projects, causing them to price their units based on future enbloc prices (Green Lodge being an example).

1) Govt Land Sales (be it HDB/URA sales agt)

2)In current bull market, new launches usually a price leader. Even for a FH resale condo less den 5yo, u wud expect new launches to be 10-30% higher for same FH status. Simply becoz, if new launches r priced at the same price as older resale, den wat happens to the prices for the older resale. Imagine 3-4yrs later when the new project TOP (brandnew) and the older project will be another 3-4yr older. Hope it make sense.

:2cents:

The_Way_I_See_It
03-05-10, 09:33
hey guys,

Thank you. You just reminded me of my current position.
I own a brand new FH unit and the above 3 criteria fit like a T men. May be you have the same place in mind as I do. He He..

august
03-05-10, 18:12
hey guys,

depends whether is for own stay or investment

buy for enbloc is riskier now with new enbloc rules coming up. I think enbloc is like strike toto, if it happens wonderful, but i wont factor enbloc as primary purchase consideration now ~

proud owner
04-05-10, 02:31
depends whether is for own stay or investment

buy for enbloc is riskier now with new enbloc rules coming up. I think enbloc is like strike toto, if it happens wonderful, but i wont factor enbloc as primary purchase consideration now ~

buying for enbloc is good if you are single ...

many married men buy old dingy FH condo and pray for enbloc
BUT their wives refused to move it cos too old ..and they spent 200k to renovate .. in the end ..if he had bought close enbloc price ..he may not get back his money

i have a friend who bought in 2006 .. renovated and moved in .. stayed 2 years ..got enbloc ..

he never expected it nor bought becos of enbloc talk ..he didnt even hear of enbloc before that .. for that project

what he got was just 80k above what he paid and spent on renovation ..

Blue
29-06-10, 17:09
Buy RCR / City Fringe for highest rental yield!

Prime Districts rental yield sucks big time!

Property_Owner
29-06-10, 19:57
No Risk No Gain

Komo
29-06-10, 21:30
now is good time to pick up good undervalued old FH condo/landed property and stocks.

proud owner
29-06-10, 21:31
now is good time to pick up good undervalued old FH condo/landed property and stocks.

why is NOW a good time ?

care to share some views pls ?

august
29-06-10, 21:32

now prices are still at a high leh...

Komo
29-06-10, 21:44
I believe that there are some good value old condo or landed ones lying around, i.e. lagging behind those steeply priced new launches. For stocks I think there are some good ones lagging behind, but with good fundamentals and growth plan.

devilplate
29-06-10, 22:03
I believe that there are some good value old condo or landed ones lying around, i.e. lagging behind those steeply priced new launches. For stocks I think there are some good ones lagging behind, but with good fundamentals and growth plan.

for condo...only those old and big size unit will be sort of undervalued in terms of psf...trust me...many of them...but r they really undervalued?

and agts will be using highest psf(MM units) new launches to say their big units resale r cheap...but the quantum huge difference:D

Douk
29-06-10, 22:14
...waiting for the round 2 of Euro-crisis.

Komo
29-06-10, 22:19
now Dow shattered the 10k support. :)

devilplate
29-06-10, 22:21
...waiting for the round 2 of Euro-crisis.

if crisis hit tmr...i doubt can find any steep discounts/firesales....perhaps 10-20% max...no more deferred payment....prices around 2008 peak prices only....so how much can prices drop

but if prices continue to rise another 20-30% from current prices, the next dip will be exciting:D

Wild Falcon
30-06-10, 13:22
The problem with older condos is units are large lor. And Singaporeans budget r not fantastic. So that's why large units usually fetch lower PSF - even for new launches for same project, PSF can differ by 35%, i.e. a doghouse studio can be 1500psf, but a 3/4 bedder becomes 1,100psf. We have come to stage where people just want to stay in private property for the "address" and "face" - lifestyle consideration, e.g. having a good size unit become less important. In certain areas, almost every new launch is a MM dogbox to cater to that type of demand.

bargain hunter
30-06-10, 13:31
ok wat, 10 to 20% below current prices is already a good buy. still have quite a few deferred payment projects going to TOP in next few years right?

if crisis hit tmr...i doubt can find any steep discounts/firesales....perhaps 10-20% max...no more deferred payment....prices around 2008 peak prices only....so how much can prices drop

but if prices continue to rise another 20-30% from current prices, the next dip will be exciting:D

devilplate
30-06-10, 13:52
ok wat, 10 to 20% below current prices is already a good buy. still have quite a few deferred payment projects going to TOP in next few years right?

for me not attractive...and for those who haf sold and hoping to buy back may even buy back at higher prices in future:D

i want big big bubble!

august
30-06-10, 13:58

that would be like mid 09 pricing leh ...

Property_Owner
30-06-10, 18:27
for me not attractive...and for those who haf sold and hoping to buy back may even buy back at higher prices in future:D

i want big big bubble!

u missed sky @ 11 right? time wrongly?

Property_Owner
30-06-10, 18:28

Which project? Can advice

devilplate
30-06-10, 18:44
u missed sky @ 11 right? time wrongly?

not enuff ammo tat time...all cash max leverage into equities

when i got ammo now...sky high liao..:doh:

bargain hunter
30-06-10, 20:53
sorry, no such project, was responding to devilplate's complaint that even if crisis hits tomorrow, "only 10 to 20% discount max" which he was saying not enough. i thought it would already be a good deal to be 20% off today's prices. :D

Which project? Can advice

Property_Owner
30-06-10, 21:40
sorry, no such project, was responding to devilplate's complaint that even if crisis hits tomorrow, "only 10 to 20% discount max" which he was saying not enough. i thought it would already be a good deal to be 20% off today's prices. :D

I see, didn't pay more attention to e market for some times. In SA till world cup over :)

proud owner
30-06-10, 21:44
I see, didn't pay more attention to e market for some times. In SA till world cup over :)

champion globe trotter

is Reporter there with you ?

all of a sudden .. no NEW HIGH reports

Property_Owner
30-06-10, 21:50
champion globe trotter

is Reporter there with you ?

all of a sudden .. no NEW HIGH reports

not with me lei. Man, I hate e vuvuzela, non stop noise :doh: :doh: :doh:

DC33_2008
30-06-10, 21:50
Was at a lunch talk by the chief economist of a foreign bank today. There seems to be uncertainty ahead. The acid test of the European Banks on 21 July 2010 seems a very important date. Not sure if it is time to unload property?

proud owner
30-06-10, 21:51
not with me lei. Man, I hate e vuvuzela, non stop noise :doh: :doh: :doh:

hahahah dont put it in your mouth .. wait till you see what the tribes man use it for ..

its a penis shealth

Property_Owner
30-06-10, 21:54
Was at a lunch talk by the chief economist of a foreign bank today. There seems to be uncertainty ahead. The acid test of the European Banks on 21 July 2010 seems a very important date. Not sure if it is time to unload property?

friend, please explain in layman term, what is acid test?

jlrx
30-06-10, 22:01

Property_Owner is the most fortunate man.

Go South Africa blow vuvuzela and still have millions rolling in.

Google provides translation "acid test" = "严峻的考验".

DC33_2008
30-06-10, 22:01
It is just an assessment of the soundness of the banks in Europe due the impact of PIGS (Portugal, Ireland, Greece, Spain). There is another I (Italy).

proud owner
30-06-10, 22:04
Property_Owner is the most fortunate man.

Go South Africa blow vuvuzela and still have millions rolling in.

Google provides translation "acid test" = "严峻的考验".

hey

teach me leh

how to google english word to get chinese translation pls

jlrx
30-06-10, 22:38
hey

teach me leh

how to google english word to get chinese translation pls

Go to Google's home page, there is a "translate" link at the top of the page.

proud owner
30-06-10, 22:42
Go to Google's home page, there is a "translate" link at the top of the page.

ahhhh

nice

kum siah

august
30-06-10, 23:19
friend, please explain in layman term, what is acid test?

he is probably refering to the stress test by EU on European banks ~

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/news/european-union-triples-number-of-banks-for-stress-tests/story-e6frg90x-1225886130757

Latio
02-07-10, 09:16
Choose No 3 and rent it out.
But not buy now..... cos high price

:)

new2mondrian
15-07-10, 13:10
hey guys,

My choice will really depends on the location, tenure and the price point. For (1), there are some locations which I will not touch (eg Geylang). So what if the older project is selling at $600psf and the devt next door is askg for $800psf? It still doesn't fit into my portfolio profile.

For 2), depends on price right? If everything is all priced in, then really will be limited upside right? Take Mt Emily/Sophia Road for example. In early 2007, I was lookg around that area, esp since everything there is freehold and almost every old devt there has enbloc-ed. But everything has been priced in at $1300-$1500 psf. Today that area is still trading at this price point. Limited upside.

For 3), depends on where your very old freehold project is and its proximity to town. Take Greenlodge for instance. Not far from the upcoming MRT. But the last enbloc failed to go through and dunno how many more years to a successful enbloc. But if your old freehold at some places such as Botanic Gardens Mansion (saw a unit there last year askg for $700psf), then there will always be rental demand while you wait for enbloc.

Very difficult to choose which option is best without looking at the location and the devt in question.

gn108
15-07-10, 16:06
I agree with New2Mondrian.

For (1) really depends on my personal preference with layout and location.
For (2) yes. Location and rentability will be my consideration
For (3) yes, but the discount to present value of the en bloc should be at least 40%. So if I buy at 1m, the estimated value of an EB happening today should be at least 1.4m. Alternatively, nett rental yield should be at least 2.5 - 3%, making gross rental about 3.3 - 4%. This can be tough to achieve if the development is run down, which also offers the best prospect for an en bloc push by their owners.

devilplate
15-07-10, 17:12
My choice will really depends on the location, tenure and the price point. For (1), there are some locations which I will not touch (eg Geylang). So what if the older project is selling at $600psf and the devt next door is askg for $800psf? It still doesn't fit into my portfolio profile.

For 2), depends on price right? If everything is all priced in, then really will be limited upside right? Take Mt Emily/Sophia Road for example. In early 2007, I was lookg around that area, esp since everything there is freehold and almost every old devt there has enbloc-ed. But everything has been priced in at $1300-$1500 psf. Today that area is still trading at this price point. Limited upside.

For 3), depends on where your very old freehold project is and its proximity to town. Take Greenlodge for instance. Not far from the upcoming MRT. But the last enbloc failed to go through and dunno how many more years to a successful enbloc. But if your old freehold at some places such as Botanic Gardens Mansion (saw a unit there last year askg for $700psf), then there will always be rental demand while you wait for enbloc.

Very difficult to choose which option is best without looking at the location and the devt in question.

Old bird and pretend to be a newbie:tongue3:

devilplate
15-07-10, 17:14
i am currently looking at option 3....but vy tough to fish out a gd deal...asking prices for old devt r almost similar to newer ones nrby:doh:

valuations simply cannot match...probably 50-100k...bcoz some of the older condos only got last yr transactions...lol

proud owner
15-07-10, 22:05

hihi

about (1) ...

you said you wouldnt touch Geylang ..

i started thinking about Balestier .. its a mini Geylang too .. but it has since evolved ..

do u think Geylang can evolved as well ?

2 of my friends , a married couple with kids ..both are teachers .. they actually bought a conservation hse in geylang ..

they said its peaceful ( in the non ***ual sense) and the location is great ..

i believe its a matter of time, the stigma will go away ..

in the past ..many shun places close to cemetery .. look at Lornie, bishan, old holland rd ..

so if one can hold for a longer period ..i believe Geylang is a great location

what say you ?

devilplate
15-07-10, 22:12
dun like to associate with geylang...dun touch there lor

if tink got potential...just hoot lor...its ur $, ur decision, ur call

but one thing vy bad happening in geylang...MM projects sprouting out in geylang...9 enbloc sites...oredi launched 3 MM projects...another 6 to go plus one newcomer ppl mansion just got enbloc...99% MM also:D

MM+geylang==?:doh:

proud owner
15-07-10, 22:14
MM+geylang==?:doh: Twitty Bird units ?

devilplate
15-07-10, 22:17
cannot imagine the profile of ppl staying in those MM units:scared-2:

smallant
16-07-10, 00:11
in another 30 to 40 yrs.. we will all have to sell our HDB/Condo to get a MM unit at Golden Jasmine etc.. So dun be too quick to judge who will stay at MM units.. the profile will change.. :scared-1:

With Geylang being the bee's hives being constantly whacked .. am sure there will be little mini "Geylangs" all over spore in time to come !

So... braced for it.... Our home team is stretched.. so .... :sleep:

proud owner
16-07-10, 00:16
in another 30 to 40 yrs.. we will all have to sell our HDB/Condo to get a MM unit at Golden Jasmine etc.. So dun be too quick to judge who will stay at MM units.. the profile will change.. :scared-1:

With Geylang being the bee's hives being constantly whacked .. am sure there will be little mini "Geylangs" all over spore in time to come !

So... braced for it.... Our home team is stretched.. so .... :sleep:

no leh ..

i am ok to stay at most location ..to me no where is too far ..in singapore ..

of course ..I dont own a single MM units ..

in 30-40yrs time .. if anyone need BIG units ... search this forum for me ..

so BUY BIG UNITS

devilplate
16-07-10, 00:20
no leh ..

i am ok to stay at most location ..to me no where is too far ..in singapore ..

of course ..I dont own a single MM units ..

in 30-40yrs time .. if anyone need BIG units ... search this forum for me ..

so BUY BIG UNITS

big or small or medium all can find me :D :D

smallant
16-07-10, 00:21
gold.. silver.. or platinum urn... find me.. always at yr service...

proud owner
16-07-10, 00:22
big or small or medium all can find me :D :D

hahaha

thats my man ...

what do you call a person, who owns and sells housings .. (not agent) but not a developer ??

proud owner
16-07-10, 00:23
gold.. silver.. or platinum urn... find me.. always at yr service...

alternative ideas, business ideas ... find me ... on top of BIG units ..

new2mondrian
16-07-10, 19:31
hihi

about (1) ...

you said you wouldnt touch Geylang ..

i started thinking about Balestier .. its a mini Geylang too .. but it has since evolved ..

do u think Geylang can evolved as well ?

2 of my friends , a married couple with kids ..both are teachers .. they actually bought a conservation hse in geylang ..

they said its peaceful ( in the non ***ual sense) and the location is great ..

i believe its a matter of time, the stigma will go away ..

in the past ..many shun places close to cemetery .. look at Lornie, bishan, old holland rd ..

so if one can hold for a longer period ..i believe Geylang is a great location

what say you ?

To me, there are strictly 2 categories of Geylang - (1) The legalised designated prostituition zone (Lor 2 to Lor 30), and (2) Other parts of Geylang outside the red-light area.

For (1), I will not even consider to invest given the following reasons:

- Difficulty in obtaining bank financing (properties in the red light zone are deemed unacceptable collateral to all banks except Hong Leong Financing) due to poor resale prospects and risk of unit being used for vice related activities. This in itself will keep prices depressed with limited upside. My monies can be better utilised elsewhere.
- Unsavoury tenants whom I do not wish to deal with. Tenanting to professionals or families might be difficult.

For (2), really depends on where it is (I'd still consider Waterina if it is at $700psf, but anything before Lor 44 is out). But the Geylang lorongs are generally narrow, clustered with clan associations, temples, ancestral tablets halls and rowdy food areas that it will not attract the right mix of buyers to achieve any significant upside. It is one thing to stay in a landed housing at Geylang (you own the whole compound), versus owning a unit in an apartment full of colourful characters.

Somehow my personal take is that the world's oldest trade will always be around. With demand, there will always be supply. Geylang has been a gazetted red-light district for the longest time, and the populace has come to accept it as such. Anyone buying into Geylang will have to go in with his eyes open (caveat emptor). To outlaw prostituition will only force the trade to go underground (and therefore difficult to police), and I don't think that will happen in my lifetime. To shift the red light district from Geylang will inevitably lead to electoral loss for the ruling party in whichever ward the red light zone is shifted to; which is politically unpalatable.

You mentioned about stigma. But Geylang is not just a stigma.... the Geylang issues are real and there is no visibility of them disappearing anytime soon. I remembered viewing a landed terrace at Wan Tho Ave (2358sqft askg for $1.58M) in May 2010. The backyard of that terrace actually looks into greenery, which was formerly Biddadari Cemetary. But that is a stigma. The cemetary is non-existent (ie has been cleared), the land is clearly gazetted as commercial/residential and will be developed as such in time to come. To me, that is acceptable. But Geylang is not, at least until the red light zone is completely cleared/outlawed. This is a fundamental difference to me.

Geylang is currently trading at $450-$600psf. For this price point, I'd gladly add another $200psf to go elsewhere, without the Geylang issues. For all properties which I invest in, I must be able to envisage myself and my family staying there. It is only when I can imagine myself (and my child and hubby staying there) that my tenants can imagine likewise. With this criteria, Geylang is automatically out. And so are MM/smallish units below 900sqft. :D Each to his own lah.

bargain hunter
17-07-10, 00:23
crouching tiger hidden dragon again. i feel so cheated. :character0029:

Old bird and pretend to be a newbie:tongue3:

proud owner
17-07-10, 00:35
To me, there are strictly 2 categories of Geylang - (1) The legalised designated prostituition zone (Lor 2 to Lor 30), and (2) Other parts of Geylang outside the red-light area.

- Difficulty in obtaining bank financing (properties in the red light zone are deemed unacceptable collateral to all banks except Hong Leong Financing) due to poor resale prospects and risk of unit being used for vice related activities. This in itself will keep prices depressed with limited upside. My monies can be better utilised elsewhere.
- Unsavoury tenants whom I do not wish to deal with. Tenanting to professionals or families might be difficult.

For (2), really depends on where it is (I'd still consider Waterina if it is at $700psf, but anything before Lor 44 is out). But the Geylang lorongs are generally narrow, clustered with clan associations, temples, ancestral tablets halls and rowdy food areas that it will not attract the right mix of buyers to achieve any significant upside. It is one thing to stay in a landed housing at Geylang (you own the whole compound), versus owning a unit in an apartment full of colourful characters.

Somehow my personal take is that the world's oldest trade will always be around. With demand, there will always be supply. Geylang has been a gazetted red-light district for the longest time, and the populace has come to accept it as such. Anyone buying into Geylang will have to go in with his eyes open (caveat emptor). To outlaw prostituition will only force the trade to go underground (and therefore difficult to police), and I don't think that will happen in my lifetime. To shift the red light district from Geylang will inevitably lead to electoral loss for the ruling party in whichever ward the red light zone is shifted to; which is politically unpalatable.

You mentioned about stigma. But Geylang is not just a stigma.... the Geylang issues are real and there is no visibility of them disappearing anytime soon. I remembered viewing a landed terrace at Wan Tho Ave (2358sqft askg for $1.58M) in May 2010. The backyard of that terrace actually looks into greenery, which was formerly Biddadari Cemetary. But that is a stigma. The cemetary is non-existent (ie has been cleared), the land is clearly gazetted as commercial/residential and will be developed as such in time to come. To me, that is acceptable. But Geylang is not, at least until the red light zone is completely cleared/outlawed. This is a fundamental difference to me.

Geylang is currently trading at $450-$600psf. For this price point, I'd gladly add another $200psf to go elsewhere, without the Geylang issues. For all properties which I invest in, I must be able to envisage myself and my family staying there. It is only when I can imagine myself (and my child and hubby staying there) that my tenants can imagine likewise. With this criteria, Geylang is automatically out. And so are MM/smallish units below 900sqft. :D Each to his own lah.

very well written and thought through

thank you

jlrx
17-07-10, 01:09

You forgot to mention one very important reason - your reputation.

Can you imagine the lawyer/ agent/ banker going around telling people "this so-and-so bought this property don't know for what?"

Reputation goes down the drain.

devilplate
17-07-10, 01:14

Can you imagine the lawyer/ agent/ banker going around telling people "this so-and-so bought this property don't know for what?"

very true...imagine ur frens asking u whr u stay...den u err ar...can say stay nr to dakota mrt or mountbatten mrt!:D

proud owner
17-07-10, 01:28

why they ask LKY where he stays ..

he says : Next to Killiney Kopitiam

if LKY now moves to Geylang .. doy you think people will think otherwise about him ?

Or wil Geylang properties chiong ??

Regulators
17-07-10, 03:40
i think the stigma for geylang hard to remove. If there is enough MM projects sprouting up in all the lorongs, maybe people will start changing their opinions of the place. the only effective way to make the place livable is for the govt to just give the word and clean up the entire streets of geylang and make pimping and soliciting in that area punishable with lengthy prison sentences, otherwise the stench will continue to linger in that place. also imagine going to a gathering and everyone say they live in Queenstown, Tanglin, East Coast and you will just be the odd ball if you tell people you live along geylang lorong 28. the first thing that comes to people's mind is you are a pimp (if you are single) or a queer if you are married.

chanys
17-07-10, 07:40
I think buying property at Geylang is only appropriate for Propertism followers, who intend to hold for many X years. I wonder if jlrx has any property at Geylang..?

DKSG
17-07-10, 17:51
dun like to associate with geylang...dun touch there lor

if tink got potential...just hoot lor...its ur $, ur decision, ur call

but one thing vy bad happening in geylang...MM projects sprouting out in geylang...9 enbloc sites...oredi launched 3 MM projects...another 6 to go plus one newcomer ppl mansion just got enbloc...99% MM also:D

MM+geylang==?:doh:

I think most of your miss the point ... Geylang PLUS MM units --> ?? get it ?

It is quite appropriate considering the outcome. If u are in the trade, renting a smallish apt is the correct strategy. Currently most people in that trade rent bigger units and share with others. Going forward, they need not do that anymore ...

And someone ask what is the profile of people staying in MM units ? Mickey Mouse la !!!

devilplate
17-07-10, 18:12
I think most of your miss the point ... Geylang PLUS MM units --> ?? get it ?

It is quite appropriate considering the outcome. If u are in the trade, renting a smallish apt is the correct strategy. Currently most people in that trade rent bigger units and share with others. Going forward, they need not do that anymore ...

And someone ask what is the profile of people staying in MM units ? Mickey Mouse la !!!

u mean gona haf some higher class geylang chicks in future who can afford to rent 1.5-2k for a MM unit?

now one 3bedder rental only 2.5k at most over there...and 3 chicks share share only 800pax:D

focus
17-07-10, 20:35
very true...imagine ur frens asking u whr u stay...den u err ar...can say stay nr to dakota mrt or mountbatten mrt!:D

Location very important hor :)
Now I know why rich people or psuedo-rich die die want to buy bukit timah, river valley, grange road etc..

Taxi driver or colleague ask wher you stay, I stay in Bukit Timah/River Valley. Immediately, the association is you are rich and stay in Condo.. even if you are staying very far up in upper bukit timah.. they still think it's rich area.

Below is conversation with my fengshui master assistant..
Me : I want Master X to audit my house
FSM Assistant : Where you stay?
Me : Dakota Crescent
FSM : Where ah?
Me : Near National Stadium , opposite goodman road
Me : (Give Up) Old Airport Road near Dakota MRT
FSM : Oh! I know. Is it HDB?
Me : *pull long face* No, it's a new condo.
blah blah blah..

See..the conversation would have been shortened considerably if it's river valley..

august
17-07-10, 22:47
Now I know why rich people or psuedo-rich die die want to buy bukit timah, river valley, grange road etc..

Taxi driver or colleague ask wher you stay, I stay in Bukit Timah/River Valley. Immediately, the association is you are rich and stay in Condo.. even if you are staying very far up in upper bukit timah.. they still think it's rich area.

blah blah blah..

See..the conversation would have been shortened considerably if it's river valley..

now u know why my friend die die dont want next to HDB...

focus
18-07-10, 01:08
keke.. it's ok :) I find it alright being asked that question about hdb or condo (even when i go find ID).

Nothing much to "show" off to people coz I dont really need status in life.. :) I'm a nobody .. Maybe only rich people and professionals need status.

devilplate
18-07-10, 01:24
keke.. it's ok :) I find it alright being asked that question about hdb or condo (even when i go find ID).

Nothing much to "show" off to people coz I dont really need status in life.. :) I'm a nobody .. Maybe only rich people and professionals need status.

me worse...vy often, agts ask me for namecards...den i say i jobless...bo namecard...their faces changed immed:D

devilplate
18-07-10, 01:26

mabe tats y meyer condos more ex den marine parade condos?

u say marine parade..they goto ask HDB or condo:D

bargain hunter
18-07-10, 09:37
just say din bring or say u r full time ppty investor?

me worse...vy often, agts ask me for namecards...den i say i jobless...bo namecard...their faces changed immed:D

devilplate
18-07-10, 09:49
just say din bring or say u r full time ppty investor?

i honest boy leh:ashamed1:

like to disturb agts:D

august
18-07-10, 10:12

go find ID must say is HDB, blank off all references to project name hehe :p

august
18-07-10, 10:15

same as me leh also jobless no namecard, maybe we shld go preview as a group & then States Times will report "mkt in bubble! even jobless people also turn up at condo launches!" :p

new2mondrian
18-07-10, 10:23
aiyoh, u guys very funny.... why bother about name cards? I go and see agents, I look like some dishevelled ah soh in $8 slippers and running after my kid, they din even bother asking for my name card! to them i look like some housewife who's just wasting their time. :) worse still, my address is some hdb flat... :D

they ask u for name cards, must have looked u guys very up liao.

Komo
18-07-10, 11:22
I just give them my cheque:D

Squall8888
18-07-10, 13:57
You can't eradicate prostitution I guess. If not, other crimes will come up.

i think the stigma for geylang hard to remove. If there is enough MM projects sprouting up in all the lorongs, maybe people will start changing their opinions of the place. the only effective way to make the place livable is for the govt to just give the word and clean up the entire streets of geylang and make pimping and soliciting in that area punishable with lengthy prison sentences, otherwise the stench will continue to linger in that place. also imagine going to a gathering and everyone say they live in Queenstown, Tanglin, East Coast and you will just be the odd ball if you tell people you live along geylang lorong 28. the first thing that comes to people's mind is you are a pimp (if you are single) or a queer if you are married.

devilplate
18-07-10, 14:30
aiyoh, u guys very funny.... why bother about name cards? I go and see agents, I look like some dishevelled ah soh in $8 slippers and running after my kid, they din even bother asking for my name card! to them i look like some housewife who's just wasting their time. :) worse still, my address is some hdb flat... :D

they ask u for name cards, must have looked u guys very up liao.

i remember visiting one showflat in river valley...one ah pek wearing singlet and shorts booked one whole flr in front of my eyes:scared-5:

focus
18-07-10, 14:51
same as me leh also jobless no namecard, maybe we shld go preview as a group & then States Times will report "mkt in bubble! even jobless people also turn up at condo launches!" :p

That sounds great! :) We go Reflections at Keppel on Monday :)

focus
18-07-10, 14:52
i remember visiting one showflat in river valley...one ah pek wearing singlet and shorts booked one whole flr in front of my eyes:scared-5:

Power to the Ah Pek .. ;) I want to be him one day...

Wild Falcon
18-07-10, 15:21
I always tell people I stay in the west - and people will usually give me the "poor thing" look. Don't care if people see me lowly lor. I like to do that because it allows me to see the other person's character. If one only treats me well because I show him a swanky address, then he is not worth my friendship lor.

blah blah blah..

Wild Falcon
18-07-10, 15:24
Geylang can evolve once the banks start lending...

cannot imagine the profile of ppl staying in those MM units:scared-2:

august
18-07-10, 15:30
That sounds great! :) We go Reflections at Keppel on Monday :)
on lah ~
but Interlace better value i feel, devilplate wanna join us? :o

devilplate
18-07-10, 15:32
on lah ~

i been to reflection twice oredi...scare the agts recognise me..ops:D

interlace....my 2 choice units taken leh!! still can rem tat unit number: #10-68 and 11-68 HUAT AR!

august
18-07-10, 16:25
i been to reflection twice oredi...scare the agts recognise me..ops:D

interlace....my 2 choice units taken leh!! still can rem tat unit number: #10-68 and 11-68 HUAT AR!

when was reflections first launched? do u remember wats the psf then?

devilplate
18-07-10, 16:47
deleted....

cashrich
18-07-10, 17:00
why deleted....

have to wait 60 seconds...

august
18-07-10, 17:01
deleted....

ok found it...

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/268330/1/.html

launched Apr 2007, average $1,900 psf :eek:

devilplate
18-07-10, 17:04
tot u asking for interlace...lol...so deleted

anyw, reflection vy wide range of psf...from low to high...golf course to seaview...expect smthing like The Sail

i personally like the villas though...

bargain hunter
18-07-10, 19:12
i just went to a showflat in river valley, but its for Far East's Skyline @ Anguila. wanted to wear my usual bermudas and sandals but really felt paiseh, in the end went in leather shoes. :mad:

i like their white plan concept, although their smallest unit, 1+1, is 1744sq ft, its just their recommendation. up to buyer, want to chop up to 4 bedrooms also can. but out of budget lah, 1744sq ft at 4000psf. LOL. :D

focus
18-07-10, 20:21
on lah ~

Haha.. august.. Cannot make it on monday..
Think Tuesday ok :) .. I confirm with u again ..
Anyway.. you always free right ..keke..

new2mondrian
18-07-10, 22:46
wah, u guys checking out Reflections ah???

Why not Sentosa Cove then (if Reflections is under your consideration/budget)? Just saw a "fire sale" Oceanfront unit on property guru askg for $1788psf. Still a tad cheaper than the launch price of $1900 for Reflections.... anyway, both are 99yr leasehold right?

Bargain Hunter: 1744sqft at $4kpsf????!!! :scared-4: Wah, how are the sales like? Swatting mozzies or brimming with towkays?

bargain hunter
19-07-10, 10:27
singaporeans unlikely to buy skyline @ orchard boulevard. so far sold 3 out of total 40 units, all to asian non-china foreigners but that's quite good liao considering only private preview for 2 weeks and the 82 year old japanese achitect insisted that there will never be a public launch, forever preview. :) all bot the 1744 sq ft low floor smallest unit.

Interesting facts about Japanese achitect, Fumihiko Maki:

He has not done any residential buildings in 40 years.
He is one of the 3 achitects selected to design the new WTC buildings in New York after an extensive global search.

Devilplate will probably say 25m pool?! :doh: :D

wah, u guys checking out Reflections ah???

Why not Sentosa Cove then (if Reflections is under your consideration/budget)? Just saw a "fire sale" Oceanfront unit on property guru askg for $1788psf. Still a tad cheaper than the launch price of $1900 for Reflections.... anyway, both are 99yr leasehold right?

Bargain Hunter: 1744sqft at $4kpsf????!!! :scared-4: Wah, how are the sales like? Swatting mozzies or brimming with towkays?

devilplate
19-07-10, 10:43
Devilplate will probably say 25m pool?! :doh: :D

pay 7Mil and get a 25m pool:eek: :D

bargain hunter
19-07-10, 10:53
see, see, i knew it. but same sentiment here. :ashamed1:

august
19-07-10, 11:03

got Orchard public pool nearby mah ~ :D

cashrich
20-07-10, 07:11

haha... see people no up? Tua Pek Gong appeared in front of the Gong Gia