PDA

View Full Version : FLAMINGO VALLEY, FH

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

devilplate
15-05-10, 19:47
can refer to this website for details
http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Condo+Preview%3A+Flamingo+Valley/

just went to kapoh...sales so-so and preview started on friday.

I was quoted:

studio~1500-1600psf
2bedder~1350psf
3bedder~1250psf

Pros: basement parking with possible 20-30extra lots, full condo facilities including tennis court, FH, quiet, big land size of about 380000sqft

Cons: many units on the valley, spooky for units facing muslim cemetry, not much view, not near MRT, hilly slope and can be tiring to walk to siglap centre whr the amenities r, price tag(minus 150psf will be more reasonable)

terence
15-05-10, 21:21
ya studio at 1600psf...
think price's crazy...

jitkiat
15-05-10, 21:48
How is sales/psf at the Minton?

august
15-05-10, 23:48
who is the developer??

devilplate
16-05-10, 00:35
who is the developer??

Fraser ctrpt

seems lacking of interest for tis project...

today first day of public preview...not much crowd...lots of empty tables...:D ...treehse and waterbank was vy vy packed during preview

Komo
16-05-10, 01:24
Fraser ctrpt

today first day of public preview...not much crowd...lots of empty tables...:D ...treehse and waterbank was vy vy packed during preview

wonder if it has to do with who is the developer.
i don't think Fraser Ctr Pt is ranked amongst the favourite ones

devilplate
16-05-10, 01:29
wonder if it has to do with who is the developer.
i don't think Fraser Ctr Pt is ranked amongst the favourite ones

but their 8woodleigh was sold out within a wk prior to public launch in last yr July!

personally feels tat the price tag too huge for mass market. 2bedder 1.1mil+ and 3bedder 1.7mil+.....genuine home buyers nid a big and deep pocket to burnnnn

16-05-10, 07:48
price is not cheap, abosolute quantum is also not small. it is also not near mrt and the layout still has bay windows.:doh: The only draw is full condo in the siglap area. Anyway the landcost for frasers is low, they can afford to take their time and sell.

Laguna
16-05-10, 08:07
Went on Friday evening, sales were very pooooor

eng81157
16-05-10, 08:14
the pricing is ridiculous. it is not close to amenities or mrt.

august
16-05-10, 10:40
Fraser ctrpt

developer is fine

but location is not so attractive

Wild Falcon
16-05-10, 19:05
I think maybe people don't like to stay near the Muslim cemetery? This is right beside cemetery :( The "yin" energy might put off some buyers - I believe most people still believe in "spirits" and negative "qi" surrounding cemeteries . I'm shocked by the pricing - the developer might be "inspired" by Siglap V but Siglap V are MM units which artificially inflated the prices.

gohsoonk
17-05-10, 14:01
I think FCH is good in terms of quality.

But it is priced just too high...

Fraser ctrpt

smallant
18-05-10, 12:12
hmmm... price too high ? Maybe the neighbours beside FV will buy leh.. After staying in the overgrown grass for yrs,, better upgrade too ! :)

bargain hunter
18-05-10, 15:40
the way u put it is humourously spooky! :scared-1:

If they are like far east keep until completion then slowly sell, really dunno if............................

hmmm... price too high ? Maybe the neighbours beside FV will buy leh.. After staying in the overgrown grass for yrs,, better upgrade too ! :)

azeoprop
18-05-10, 19:40

Luxury columbarium is the latest trend now haa haa....Your last C to chase. :rolleyes:
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20100517/tap-singapore-columbarium-c3bb44c.html

maisonjai
18-05-10, 23:15
Luxury columbarium is the latest trend now haa haa....Your last C to chase. :rolleyes:
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20100517/tap-singapore-columbarium-c3bb44c.html

haha...that's funny the ultimate C. Si liao
Base on psf is this the highest in Sg?
if sold out dont know got ppl do subsale. choy!!

noblebaby
18-05-10, 23:24
mayb got ppl buy to flip... :D

haha...that's funny the ultimate C. Si liao
Base on psf is this the highest in Sg?
if sold out dont know got ppl do subsale. choy!!

smallant
19-05-10, 00:50
think matter of time... maybe NTUC Choice Home will built more of such C... Sale by invitation only.. auction or tender basis.. like COE..
imagine you stay beside Fiona XX .. Am sure some admirers will pay top dollar for such C beside leh.. Maybe can flip too..
Huat !!! :scared-1:

azeoprop
23-05-10, 22:41
So any sales updates? :rolleyes:

smallant
24-05-10, 15:27
Heard gd brothers wanna shift in.. So most people avoid ..... :D

bargain hunter
24-05-10, 15:35
hey...u started the good brothers thinghy. ;) u so powerful ah.

Heard gd brothers wanna shift in.. So most people avoid ..... :D

Douk
24-05-10, 21:27
priced at around 1200psf after discount. 3 bedders.

smallant
26-05-10, 09:59
ha.. I joking only lah.... Sori and apologies to any if I have offend them..
Siglap is a nice quiet estate... FV is site on top of a small hill... Think the developer name or design or price may not be catchy enough...
:)

bargain hunter
15-06-10, 09:39
In F&N's presentation slides, they actually indicated that they will launch in 2H2010:

Flamingo Valley at est. 1200psf ave &
Waterfront Gold at est. 850psf ave

15-06-10, 10:37
I believe that was in may, after April fantastic performance.
The question is whether they will lower prices after may's performance and the increased GLS in 2H 2010.

In F&N's presentation slides, they actually indicated that they will launch in 2H2010:

Flamingo Valley at est. 1200psf ave &
Waterfront Gold at est. 850psf ave

bargain hunter
15-06-10, 10:39
the slides will be presented on a roadshow from yesterday till thursday so they haven't changed their estimates. i don't expect them to cut prices any time soon unless sales remain weak till next year.

I believe that was in may, after April fantastic performance.
The question is whether they will lower prices after may's performance and the increased GLS in 2H 2010.

devilplate
15-06-10, 10:49
FV got chance to cut price

but Gold 850psf ok wat...i tot they gona launch higher den tat :D

bargain hunter
15-06-10, 10:52
Gold is alright but prob will vary with the smaller units closer to 1000psf.

FV got chance to cut price

but Gold 850psf ok wat...i tot they gona launch higher den tat :D

smallant
12-07-10, 09:18
7th month is coming soon... The gates will be opened ! Tis should be selling very well soon.... hahahaha..:)

CDL has sold 96 of the 120 units released in the first phase of its 368 Thomson condo, as at 5pm yesterday. The average price is $1,350 per square foot for the 36-storey freehold condo in District 11. The project comprises 157 units. CDL said it is releasing more units progressively to cater to demand.

Over in the Toh Tuck/Jalan Jurong Kechil area, UOL released 85 units at The Terrene on the former Rainbow Gardens site and as at 10pm yesterday, had sold about 50 units. The average selling price for the five-storey, 999-year leasehold condo is about $1,250 psf. The project comprises 172 units. UOL is developing the condo jointly with LaSalle Investment Management.

bargain hunter
12-07-10, 11:30
and u r still at it. :D it will send a chill down my spine if i see this project suddenly do top sales during seventh month. LOL. :scared-1:

7th month is coming soon... The gates will be opened ! Tis should be selling very well soon.... hahahaha..:)

CDL has sold 96 of the 120 units released in the first phase of its 368 Thomson condo, as at 5pm yesterday. The average price is $1,350 per square foot for the 36-storey freehold condo in District 11. The project comprises 157 units. CDL said it is releasing more units progressively to cater to demand.

Over in the Toh Tuck/Jalan Jurong Kechil area, UOL released 85 units at The Terrene on the former Rainbow Gardens site and as at 10pm yesterday, had sold about 50 units. The average selling price for the five-storey, 999-year leasehold condo is about $1,250 psf. The project comprises 172 units. UOL is developing the condo jointly with LaSalle Investment Management.

12-07-10, 11:55
Developer has tied up with Citibank to invite some of thier customers to view the showflat on this Wednesday. Anyone recieves the invite?

smallant
13-07-10, 23:34
C invitation when ?? 10 aug ?? :) have not receive any from them yet..

proud owner
13-07-10, 23:43
Developer has tied up with Citibank to invite some of thier customers to view the showflat on this Wednesday. Anyone recieves the invite?

desperate move ?

if mkt really has strong demand, positive sentiments ..etc

why need to robe in Citibank ? to tap on their customer base ?

smallant
14-07-10, 00:42
C bank probably to provide Cheap & Competitive housing loan or packages lor.. nowdays.... everything also expensive.. u anyhow throw a stone.. a propoerty will hit million... means effectively.. everyone is a million air lah..

haha.. :)

bargain hunter
14-07-10, 09:42
u mean pple who own million dollar properties and people with million dollar loans? haha.

C bank probably to provide Cheap & Competitive housing loan or packages lor.. nowdays.... everything also expensive.. u anyhow throw a stone.. a propoerty will hit million... means effectively.. everyone is a million air lah..

14-07-10, 12:41
C invitation when ?? 10 aug ?? :) have not receive any from them yet..

Got it a week ago or earlier. I think because I took up mortgage loan before and thus the invite. But I'm not going. :)

smallant
14-07-10, 12:43
Hmmm.... People with million dollar may not own million dollar prop leh.. !
on the other hand... you rite tat people with million dollar prop may own the bank million dollar..
Whatever it is... as our economy gets red hot... you bound to see more million dollar prop on sale... Who knows... HDB might cross 1 million dollar mark in time to come ! In tat case, you own a million dollar (or close to that) but maybe without million dollar loan !

14-07-10, 12:43
desperate move ?

if mkt really has strong demand, positive sentiments ..etc

why need to robe in Citibank ? to tap on their customer base ?

I think you are right on both counts - desperate :p and tap on customer base. :)

smallant
14-07-10, 12:44
oh.. fresh out.. MTI revise spore growth forecast to 13 to 15% !!!
means more million dollar pay increases for some !!! Huat lah...
:D

bargain hunter
14-07-10, 13:23
i think hdb at 1m will surely come for some executive flat at queenstown soon. $1m for 5rm flats, probably when pple at Pinnacle @ Duxton can sell in 5 years time.

with regards to the 13 to 15% GDP growth, it seems like foreign contributors to this growth is benefitting more than the local contributors. e.g. The 2 foreign invested/employed IRs contribute to this, as well as the pharmaceuticals and petrochemicals sectors.

the sad part is, a lot of locals are still not getting much of a pay rise as they are employed in the traditional industries which have been in existence even before the 2007 boom. :mad: sure, manufacturing etc seeing a huge year on year growth comparison, but that was down from the pits in Q1 and Q2 last year. so that sector has not made much headway in the past few years.

on the other hand... you rite tat people with million dollar prop may own the bank million dollar..
Whatever it is... as our economy gets red hot... you bound to see more million dollar prop on sale... Who knows... HDB might cross 1 million dollar mark in time to come ! In tat case, you own a million dollar (or close to that) but maybe without million dollar loan !

august
14-07-10, 13:41
i think hdb at 1m will surely come for some executive flat at queenstown soon. $1m for 5rm flats, probably when pple at Pinnacle @ Duxton can sell in 5 years time.

with regards to the 13 to 15% GDP growth, it seems like foreign contributors to this growth is benefitting more than the local contributors. e.g. The 2 foreign invested/employed IRs contribute to this, as well as the pharmaceuticals and petrochemicals sectors.

the sad part is, a lot of locals are still not getting much of a pay rise as they are employed in the traditional industries which have been in existence even before the 2007 boom. :mad: sure, manufacturing etc seeing a huge year on year growth comparison, but that was down from the pits in Q1 and Q2 last year. so that sector has not made much headway in the past few years.

PAP's trickle-down economic model is one where benefits must go to the top first before trickling down to workers so these growth numbers are largely meaningless to the masses. Didn't they just raised conservancy fees, transport fares (yes it's an increase) and tariffs? :D

bargain hunter
14-07-10, 13:52
have meaning hor the numbers, dun anyhow say. it probably means elections at end 2010? :D masses see these numbers will praise the good job done which translates to votes. probably won't realise that their pay rise has been eaten by the stuff u mentioned below.

PAP's trickle-down economic model is one where benefits must go to the top first before trickling down to workers so these growth numbers are largely meaningless to the masses. Didn't they just raised conservancy fees, transport fares (yes it's an increase) and tariffs? :D

bargain hunter
14-07-10, 13:56
also means hdb will chiong all the way. :D and to keep the bulk of singaporeans who stay in flats happy, make private more "affordable" to them by flooding the market with land sales too. one stone kill so many birds that i have lost count. :tongue3:

teddybear
14-07-10, 15:15
Not true lah. Those who bought early already/going to be in the paper profit of $1m......... Those who doubt that property price will hold up but end up chasing much later will become the one holding $1m debt to bank.................................................. :cheers1:

Wild Falcon
15-07-10, 09:01
Millionaire definition cannot include property leh which is highly leverged. If include property, then 80% of Singaporeans are millionaries. Milliionaire means liquid assets of US$1 million (SGD 1.4 million) but even with this definition, 11.4% of Singaporeans are already millionaires :)

smallant
15-07-10, 11:46
W F .. You very the right ! Respect ....

jencrs
01-08-10, 09:16
I've recently heard from an agent that sales here are so poor they actually closed the showroom. Not sure if it's just going to be closed, or are they going to knock the showroom down. Anyone knows anything?

02-08-10, 12:06
if the project not moving, not a bad idea for developer to take a wait and see attitude, especially now. if market moves up from here can re-open and sell at existing prices, if market retreats, can try selling at slightly reduced prices. Better than having a project sitting there and not moving, will be remembered by buyers. :2cents:

I've recently heard from an agent that sales here are so poor they actually closed the showroom. Not sure if it's just going to be closed, or are they going to knock the showroom down. Anyone knows anything?

devilplate
02-08-10, 12:22

wah...tats bad:scared-3: ....but the PSF and total quantum really quite disgusting....lack of the magic MRT...if not cud be sold out liao

now agents saying future mrt will be somewhere near siglap V....any facts to back this up? or just purely anyhow say one

smallant
02-08-10, 16:15
MRT open near Siglap V ? Sure ? wait a sec.. it is the one in tis world or the other world ?? 7th mth coming leh ... the sales should move up ! :tongue3:

jencrs
04-08-10, 14:49
Anyway, got an sms for an "exclusive" viewing tmr evening fm 6-9pm. So they haven't totally given up i suppose.

devilplate
04-08-10, 15:59
Anyway, got an sms for an "exclusive" viewing tmr evening fm 6-9pm. So they haven't totally given up i suppose.

shd view during 7th mth mah:D

jencrs
04-08-10, 16:11
wah lau den the agent who send me the sms is cursing me ah :hell-hath-no-fury: hahaha

azeoprop
04-08-10, 16:18

Starbuys? Dual key below 1mil? :rolleyes:

devilplate
04-08-10, 16:19
wah lau den the agent who send me the sms is cursing me ah :hell-hath-no-fury: hahaha

delay ur viewing to next tuesday lah...more happening...:D

jencrs
04-08-10, 16:37
Starbuys? Dual key below 1mil? :rolleyes:From the sms, it's newly released units fm 1250psf, soooo no change la.

delay ur viewing to next tuesday lah...more happening...:DNot more happening, it's toooo happening liao.

bargain hunter
04-08-10, 23:42
not cursing lah, but are u sure its the agent who sent u sms? :D

Wild Falcon
05-08-10, 13:58
I think the only way D15 can sell is to build MM. The 300sq ft MM are moving but not the rest - there is so much supply, too much of anything is never good - the novelty factor is no longer there. So, more MM please!

cashrich
05-08-10, 19:16
I think the only way D15 can sell is to build MM. The 300sq ft MM are moving but not the rest - there is so much supply, too much of anything is never good - the novelty factor is no longer there. So, more MM please!

wait for the mouse trap to be released....

wait for TOP

wait for next recession.... then you will see...

isaaclim
06-08-10, 21:58
Millionaire definition cannot include property leh which is highly leverged. If include property, then 80% of Singaporeans are millionaries. Milliionaire means liquid assets of US$1 million (SGD 1.4 million) but even with this definition, 11.4% of Singaporeans are already millionaires :)

Please... it is base on NET worth.... Property count but need to net off the loan amount.

Wild Falcon
06-08-10, 23:54
Nope. Property excluded. Liquid assets only. That is the definitions most financial institutions use. Most surveys on percentage of millionaires use the strict definition as well. But of couse u can use your own definition lah but that would increase the no of millionaires by 10 fold. If include net property value, lots of millionaires in sg.
Please... it is base on NET worth.... Property count but need to net off the loan amount.

devilplate
07-08-10, 00:16
THE NUMBER of millionaires in Singapore has risen by one-third to 80,947, the latest study by Merrill Lynch Wealth Management and Capgemini SA has estimated.
This is thanks largely to rising property and stock prices in the past last year, and highlights that the drivers of wealth creation in Singapore are assets owned by the rich.
The report, released on Wednesday, showed that Singapore's number of millionaires rose 32.7 per cent from an estimated 61,000 in 2008. A millionaire is defined someone with net assets of at least US$1 million, excluding his main residence and everyday possessions.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_544558.html

jlrx
07-08-10, 00:40
THE NUMBER of millionaires in Singapore has risen by one-third to 80,947, the latest study by Merrill Lynch Wealth Management and Capgemini SA has estimated.
This is thanks largely to rising property and stock prices in the past last year, and highlights that the drivers of wealth creation in Singapore are assets owned by the rich.
The report, released on Wednesday, showed that Singapore's number of millionaires rose 32.7 per cent from an estimated 61,000 in 2008. A millionaire is defined someone with net assets of at least US$1 million, excluding his main residence and everyday possessions.

This definition is used by the financial industry because they want to con your money into buying those Lehman Brothers stuff.

According to the above definition, someone who fully owns and stays in a $30 million good class bungalow but has less than US$1 million in liquid assets is not considered a "millionaire".

However, someone who stays in a $300,000 HDB 3-room flat but has US$1 million to invest in Lehman Brothers minibonds is considered a "millionaire" because your assets are liquid and its easer to convince you to let them "manage" it until it becomes zero.

devilplate
07-08-10, 00:50
haha nice 1!

bankers will always say high risk to invest in ppty....:p

isaaclim
07-08-10, 09:29

That sound to me, they do count property. Just not the one the person stayed.

melodies
07-08-10, 09:39
They count "investment" properties because those can be easily sold to become cash for them to manage. Who knows? May be they help you to invest into REITs? :D

That sound to me, they do count property. Just not the one the person stayed.

Wild Falcon
07-08-10, 13:17
Primary residence is excluded. Say a person has $1.7 million property with mortgage of $700k. Unfortunately he had hardly any cash or liquid asset to spend on other things in life. Everything stuck in property - he is NOT a millionaire. An HDB owner who fully paid his $700k Queenstown HDB (LOTS! since subsidised flats direct from HDB is very cheap and most would have fully paid up) and with $300k of savings is NOT a millionaire.

In short, a real millionaire will still have a lot of spare liquid assets to enjoy life minus his residence. In Singapore, a lot of people has their money all tied up to their residence and despite having million dollar property, lives a spartan life because everything stuck in property, drive a lousy car and has hardly anything left to enjoy life.

Trust me, if a person has a $30 million house, he would have $1 million of other assets. It's to sieved out those who only have property and nothing else - hardly impressive. $1 million of liquid assets is already easy to achieve - 11% has achieved that.

This definition is used by the financial industry because they want to con your money into buying those Lehman Brothers stuff.

According to the above definition, someone who fully owns and stays in a $30 million good class bungalow but has less than US$1 million in liquid assets is not considered a "millionaire".

However, someone who stays in a $300,000 HDB 3-room flat but has US$1 million to invest in Lehman Brothers minibonds is considered a "millionaire" because your assets are liquid and its easer to convince you to let them "manage" it until it becomes zero.

devilplate
07-08-10, 13:24
Primary residence is excluded. Say a person has $1.7 million property with mortgage of $700k. Unfortunately he had hardly any cash or liquid asset to spend on other things in life. Everything stuck in property - he is NOT a millionaire. An HDB owner who fully paid his $700k Queenstown HDB (LOTS! since subsidised flats direct from HDB is very cheap and most would have fully paid up) and with $300k of savings is NOT a millionaire.

In short, a real millionaire will still have a lot of spare liquid assets to enjoy life minus his residence. In Singapore, a lot of people has their money all tied up to their residence and despite having million dollar property, lives a spartan life because everything stuck in property, drive a lousy car and has hardly anything left to enjoy life.

Trust me, if a person has a $30 million house, he would have $1 million of other assets. It's to sieved out those who only have property and nothing else - hardly impressive. $1 million of liquid assets is already easy to achieve - 11% has achieved that.

previously, u said ppty not counted...which is incorrect...such as only primary residences is not counted....tats y others argue about it....investment ppty is counted apparently.

sell primary residence and camp at changi beach and be a millionaire!:D

isaaclim
07-08-10, 14:28

They are just trying to exclude those that are at the margin. Those that only affort to own one 1 mil property.

The actual definition is still "NET WORTH > 1 mil"...

DC33_2008
07-08-10, 18:26
Do you think there is a correlation between someone who owns several properties and drive luxury cars? Car is a liability rather than asset most of the time. Smart investors may not spend so much on car as it depreciates the day you take over the key. Car is just another way to show off their status. No face if drive a small and old car. Just a different in opinion.

Wild Falcon
07-08-10, 23:23
I don't understand this argument. A car or any other enjoyment you have in life is NEVER an investment to begin with. Buying a car or having other interest in life is not stupid or being a liability. After all, wat is the point of having so many assets, say 100 properties rented out when you don't even know how to enjoy your life? What silly response about not buying anything that is a "liability" or not having liquid assets and get everything darn cent stuck in property. Unless you belong to the cateogory that must leave every cent to your child and end up not even living your own life.

Get a life instead of worrying about putting every single cent in an asset. An asset is an item that give you "future benefits" but surely there must be something that give you "current" benefit? I hate it when people keep saying "so stupid buy car buy paintings" when it is not an asset. For goodness sake, live your life today as well and not worry about the future all the time. That's the problem with many Singaporeans - must count every single cent and make sure everything is an asset that gives them future benefit but the forget about the current.

No. A car or a vacation or a painting or a pet is NOT an asset by your definition because they depreciate by monetary value. But not everything in life is measured in monetary value.

Do you think there is a correlation between someone who owns several properties and drive luxury cars? Car is a liability rather than asset most of the time. Smart investors may not spend so much on car as it depreciates the day you take over the key. Car is just another way to show off their status. No face if drive a small and old car. Just a different in opinion.

Wild Falcon
07-08-10, 23:30
OK. Now everyone agrees primary residence must be excluded or else too easy to be millionaire already. And with that strict definition, already 11% hit there. And if includes the primary residence, I suspect 50% of Singaporeans are millionaries, including HDB flat owners. BTW, I am responding to someone who said NET ASSETS which is not the general understanding - it's too wide.

previously, u said ppty not counted...which is incorrect...such as only primary residences is not counted....tats y others argue about it....investment ppty is counted apparently.

sell primary residence and camp at changi beach and be a millionaire!:D

jlrx
08-08-10, 00:09
I don't understand this argument. A car or any other enjoyment you have in life is NEVER an investment to begin with. Buying a car or having other interest in life is not stupid or being a liability. After all, wat is the point of having so many assets, say 100 properties rented out when you don't even know how to enjoy your life? What silly response about not buying anything that is a "liability" or not having liquid assets and get everything darn cent stuck in property. Unless you belong to the cateogory that must leave every cent to your child and end up not even living your own life.

Get a life instead of worrying about putting every single cent in an asset. An asset is an item that give you "future benefits" but surely there must be something that give you "current" benefit? I hate it when people keep saying "so stupid buy car buy paintings" when it is not an asset. For goodness sake, live your life today as well and not worry about the future all the time. That's the problem with many Singaporeans - must count every single cent and make sure everything is an asset that gives them future benefit but the forget about the current.

No. A car or a vacation or a painting or a pet is NOT an asset by your definition because they depreciate by monetary value. But not everything in life is measured in monetary value.

Very good argument. Buying a luxury car is like buying a new pair of shoes, a new computer or mobile phone.

If we stop buying things just because they are "liabilities" rather than "assets" then what's the point of earning money?

isaaclim
08-08-10, 10:38
OK. Now everyone agrees primary residence must be excluded or else too easy to be millionaire already. And with that strict definition, already 11% hit there. And if includes the primary residence, I suspect 50% of Singaporeans are millionaries, including HDB flat owners. BTW, I am responding to someone who said NET ASSETS which is not the general understanding - it's too wide.

NET WORTH! Please google if you still unclear the definition of net worth.

focus
08-08-10, 12:05
I think both of you are right.

Wealth mgmt companies (like merrill lynch) gives the definition of USD$1mil of investible assets excluding primary place of residence as someone with a HIGH networth.

But Networth is actually All Assets (incl. primary residence) minus All Liabilities.

So if you are talking about networth, it is the later as you can be positive networth or negative networth or low networth.
But when asked whether you are a HIGH networth, you need to use the wealth mgmt companies definition.

Simply, one defines the term networth, while one classify your networth according to HIGH, VERY HIGH, ULTRA HIGH networth with an exclusion of the primary house of residence.
Think it's usd$1mi for high, usd$15mil for very high, usd$50mil for ultra high. Must look up wikipedia on the ranking.

DC33_2008
08-08-10, 14:42
Pls do not get me wrong. I did not say one should not buy a car and did not say one should not buy liabilities. It is in the eye of the beholder; just like your wife/husband. No right nor wrong. Each of us has different likes and dislikes. This is very subjective even when you talk about investment strategies.

mantrix
08-08-10, 21:40
I pity the buyers of Flamingo Valley - their thread has become a debating ring for definition of millionaires and what not :scared-2:

Wild Falcon
08-08-10, 22:55
I am a CFA and working in the financial industry. I know what is net worth. I'm talking about definition of the 11% of millionaries in Singapore - that excludes the primary property - in short at least one property has to be excluded.

NET WORTH! Please google if you still unclear the definition of net worth.

isaaclim
08-08-10, 23:00
Flamingo Valley is a nice project for own stay + capital appreciation. But I really don't understand the point of having studio at that location?

I asked few agents there about the targeted tenant group, but no compelling answer

Wild Falcon
08-08-10, 23:28
I actually think MMs and bikini units do work in D15 :) Recent MMs and small units in D15 has done quite well. The reason why Flamingo Valley is not doing too well is because it has too few small units. D15 has become a MM speciality area.
==============

I have no idea why there is so much debate about my definition of millionaries. As I've said earlier, it is the definition used in the financial industry and the recent Boston Consulting findings that derives the 11.4% that gets people excited (See below). And I've already said, if you want to include property and lower the standard, then the % of millionaires is probably closer to 50% in S'pore - in short as a bro/sis has previously pointed out, any how throw a stone can also hit a millionaire if include net worth of properties.

============

An annual study by Boston Consulting Group (BCG) showed that Singapore had the highest concentration of millionaires, as in 2008. A total of 11.4 per cent of households here own more than US$1 million (S$1.4 million) - defined as those with investable assets of over US$1 million, exclusive of property and items like art.

isaaclim
09-08-10, 09:57
I just google about Millionaire... This is what i found:

"Recently, there has been some controversy over how to correctly determine a person's status as a millionaire. One of the two most commonly used measurements is net worth, which counts the total value of all property owned by a household minus the household's debts. According to this definition, a household owning an $800k home, $50k of furnishings, two cars worth $60k, a $60k retirement savings account, $45k in mutual funds, and a $325k vacation home with a $250k mortgage, $40k in car loans, and $25k in credit card debt would be worth $1,085,000 (approx.) and every individual in this household would thus be a millionaire. However, according to the net financial assets measurement used for some specific applications (such as evaluating an investor's expected tolerance for risk for stockbroker ethics), equity in one's principal residence is excluded, as are lifestyle assets, such as the car and furniture. Therefore the above example household would only have net financial assets of $80,000. Another term used is "net investable assets" or working capital. These practitioners may use the term "millionaire" to mean somebody who is free to invest a million units of currency through them as broker. For similar reasons, those who market goods, services, and investments to high net worth individuals are careful to specify a net worth "not counting principal residence."

Let's start talking about millionaire... What we want is MULTI-millionaire. Then, the financial sector would not need to screen a person status with additional condition.

Let's hope the day HDB cross 1 mil mark come sonner. Then... Wah hahaha.... Multi-Millionaire!

15-09-10, 17:25
Receive flyer to say that there will be a mooncake party this saturday at the showflat.

Looks like they will feed you before .......

sleek
15-09-10, 19:34
Yeah, so you going? Just go eat-eat and see-see! :D

Receive flyer to say that there will be a mooncake party this saturday at the showflat.

Looks like they will feed you before .......

azeoprop
15-09-10, 21:35
Full moon, the land next door "other side" will be awaken... :scared-1:

"It's close to midnight and something evil's lurking in the dark
Under the moonlight, you see a sight that almost stops your heart...." :D

richwang
30-09-10, 10:02
Now they are trying to team up with SCB. I will be visiting on Oct 15 evening. (Why they invite us in the evening?) A few questions:

1. Will the cementry be moved? Bishan used to be cementry, but people from other countries didn't know that, and just pushed the price up. Now most people have forgotten Bishan as cementry.

2. Will future, future MRT be close to it? I thought there is line to East Coast. Will the project anywhere near the line?

3. What should be a bargin price? S$1000 psf? My friend got his unit at S$900+ in the "old" days.

It is the bank's mortage unit orgnized this. So banks are also feeling the cold now.

I will also be interested to see who is still viewing units in this kind of market. I hope I won't be the few of them. Very painful for high presure selling.

Thanks,
Richard

devilplate
30-09-10, 10:23
Now they are trying to team up with SCB. I will be visiting on Oct 15 evening. (Why they invite us in the evening?) A few questions:

1. Will the cementry be moved? Bishan used to be cementry, but people from other countries didn't know that, and just pushed the price up. Now most people have forgotten Bishan as cementry.

2. Will future, future MRT be close to it? I thought there is line to East Coast. Will the project anywhere near the line?

3. What should be a bargin price? S$1000 psf? My friend got his unit at S$900+ in the "old" days.

It is the bank's mortage unit orgnized this. So banks are also feeling the cold now.

I will also be interested to see who is still viewing units in this kind of market. I hope I won't be the few of them. Very painful for high presure selling.

Thanks,
Richard

wat sort of invitation is tat? got special discount ar?

stalingrad
30-09-10, 11:51
http://movetoredding.com/files/2008/09/halloweenqf0.gif
wat sort of invitation is tat? got special discount ar?
I have been invited too. but I will give it a miss. I don't like cemetery view from my master bedroom. I would rather have a hdb view. can someone confirm that cemetery view is the worst, even worse than hdb view?

proud owner
30-09-10, 11:56

Thanks,
Richard

its located almost in the middle of Siglap road ... on an undulating terrace ... doubt MRT will be anywhere near there ...

Laguna
30-09-10, 12:26
A land auction at Chai Wan bombed yesterday but the result probably said more about the neighbourhood than the state of the property market.
The site surrounded by tombstone workshops and six cemeteries - rather than picturesque sea or mountain view - was withdrawn by the government after it received no bids. According to traditional Chinese beliefs, living next door to a cemetery is bad luck.

SCMP - HK 30 Sept

proud owner
30-09-10, 12:36
A land auction at Chai Wan bombed yesterday but the result probably said more about the neighbourhood than the state of the property market.
The site surrounded by tombstone workshops and six cemeteries - rather than picturesque sea or mountain view - was withdrawn by the government after it received no bids. According to traditional Chinese beliefs, living next door to a cemetery is bad luck.

SCMP - HK 30 Sept

but i also heard that ancient chinese chose 'good ground' for cemetery .. so that it will continue to bring 'goodness' to future generations ..

hence cemeteries are also believed to be good location ..
example : Bishan, Greenleaf( old holland rd) , Lornie rd

DC33_2008
30-09-10, 12:57
Did you see RI is just next to a establihsed temple and not far from the cementry? Watch our the cementry site in front of upper serangoon road. There will be large development there in the next 5 - 10 years.
but i also heard that ancient chinese chose 'good ground' for cemetery .. so that it will continue to bring 'goodness' to future generations ..

sleek
30-09-10, 13:34
Don't think those GCB owners at Bukit Brown will agree to this comment. :tsk-tsk:

SCMP - HK 30 Sept

Wild Falcon
30-09-10, 14:16
Fengshui can say whatever it wants - it's superstition. But most importantly, is whether you feel comfortable living near to cemetary with the "yin" energy. It's one's own comfort level that is important. For every person who likes to live beside a cemetary because of good "fengshui", another 10 would prefer to live in other areas. And there're different schools of fengshui - i doubt all will say living beside a cemetary is "good".

But most importantly, it's how an individual feels about surrounded by cemetary and dead people.

teddybear
30-09-10, 14:39
Cemeteries are "Yin Zhai". Houses are "Yang Zhai". Their fengshui have similarities as well as differences. Good "Yin Zhai" fengshui is bad for "Yang Zhai" (and vice versa). How can cemeteries fengshui (meant for the dead) be good for living human to live? :tsk-tsk:
Your "9 Star Sect" fengshui doesn't teach you this?

teddybear
30-09-10, 14:45
Regardless of whether people believe or not, Fengshui is always there (just a matter of whether people can interpret them properly or not). It is just like "fate". Regardless of whether people believe or not, some people are borned with a golden spoon and have to do nothing much all their life and still lead a good life while some tried to slough all their life but end up achieving very little despite the huge efforts put into. This is just "fate". :beats-me-man:

Fengshui can say whatever it wants - it's superstition. But most importantly, is whether you feel comfortable living near to cemetary with the "yin" energy. It's one's own comfort level that is important. For every person who likes to live beside a cemetary because of good "fengshui", another 10 would prefer to live in other areas. And there're different schools of fengshui - i doubt all will say living beside a cemetary is "good".

But most importantly, it's how an individual feels about surrounded by cemetary and dead people.

proud owner
30-09-10, 14:58
Cemeteries are "Yin Zhai". Houses are "Yang Zhai". Their fengshui have similarities as well as differences. Good "Yin Zhai" fengshui is bad for "Yang Zhai" (and vice versa). How can cemeteries fengshui (meant for the dead) be good for living human to live? :tsk-tsk:
Your "9 Star Sect" fengshui doesn't teach you this?

i am just reiterating what i hear from old folks ...

devilplate
30-09-10, 15:00
Believe in urself!

FSM all craps!:p

sleek
30-09-10, 15:19
And former cemeteries on our popular Shopping Belt.:D

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk36/sleek00000/Graveyards-along-Orchard-Rd.jpg

Regulators
02-10-10, 01:34
i also receive the stupid invitation as a priority banking customer of stanchart. i told them that the project was launched a long time back so how could they consider this invite as exclusive. all the good units probably taken up and the price will definitely not be cheap. It is an exclusive invitation to cut carrot head imo. :doh:

Thanks,
Richard

noblebaby
02-10-10, 01:44
now priority banking is very common la, many uncles & aunties also got.

i also receive the stupid invitation as a priority banking customer of stanchart. i told them that the project was launched a long time back so how could they consider this invite as exclusive. all the good units probably taken up and the price will definitely not be cheap. It is an exclusive invitation to cut carrot head imo. :doh:

proud owner
02-10-10, 01:50

maybe the Exclusivity is the Dinner that they are providing ...

if u like the quietness ... and if you drive ..then its not a bad location ..

but i agree with you .. "left over " cant be exclusive ..

noblebaby
02-10-10, 01:56
haha, maybe those RM like to sell leftover product :ashamed1:

good thing sure offered to Private banking customers first

maybe the Exclusivity is the Dinner that they are providing ...

if u like the quietness ... and if you drive ..then its not a bad location ..

but i agree with you .. "left over " cant be exclusive ..

focus
02-10-10, 08:14
haha, maybe those RM like to sell leftover product :ashamed1:

good thing sure offered to Private banking customers first

Are you sure Private banking customers get first bite of the cherry?
Thought exclusive previews at soft-launches are usually the developers associates, relatives and friends and VIPs (those really the first bite type)..

I never bite any cherry before leh.. :(

Douk
02-10-10, 09:39
Don't think the project is doing well.. I am sure there's many choice units :D :D

mantrix
02-10-10, 09:39
Are you sure Private banking customers get first bite of the cherry?
Thought exclusive previews at soft-launches are usually the developers associates, relatives and friends and VIPs (those really the first bite type)..

I never bite any cherry before leh.. :(

This is not private banking - is SCB's latest promo - priority banking. To qualify, either 50k investment in bank, or 72k income per year, or a mortgage over 200k with them. Hence many uncles and aunties proudly announce they are 'private banking customers' cos priority a bit harder to pronounce :)

Regulators
02-10-10, 22:13
the RM even go to the extent of delivering mooncake to doorstep personally. :doh: was also invited to their private luncheon cum seminar, the whole bloody time promoting their lousy funds, i was concentrating more on the food on my plate.

This is not private banking - is SCB's latest promo - priority banking. To qualify, either 50k investment in bank, or 72k income per year, or a mortgage over 200k with them. Hence many uncles and aunties proudly announce they are 'private banking customers' cos priority a bit harder to pronounce :)

mantrix
02-10-10, 22:27
the RM even go to the extent of delivering mooncake to doorstep personally. :doh: was also invited to their private luncheon cum seminar, the whole bloody time promoting their lousy funds, i was concentrating more on the food on my plate.

Wow is this for priority banking? Then I must apply also liao :D

proud owner
02-10-10, 23:00

talking about mooncake ... i missed it man ..and the bak kwa ..

i remember those days in spore
come mooncake fest .. i got like 10-12 boxes + 10-12 packs of bak kwa ..

could never finish ..always gave to relatives and friends

a few times, i see cabs stop outside my gate, a pretty young chick in some hotel uniform got off and personally deliever the mooncake, fresh from the oven ..
impressed siah ?

devilplate
03-10-10, 00:07

u refering to preferred banking rite?

quite easy to get priority status....1mil mortgage DEBT qualify liao...haha

sleek
11-11-10, 13:34
http://www.fraserscentrepointhomes.com/Library/images/constructionprogress/FCH_construction_flamingo_valley_01.jpg

Progress On Site For Flamingo Valley As At End October 2010 (http://www.fraserscentrepointhomes.com/contentview.aspx?article_id=12)
S/N Items Progress Status
1 Foundation Work In Progress
2 Reinforced Concrete Framework Nil
3 Brick Walls Nil
4 Ceilings Nil
5 Door and Window Frames Nil
6 Car Parks, Roads and Drains Nil
7 TOP issued Nil

hyenergix
18-12-10, 20:34
Now offering $15k discount...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/1752805/for-sale-flamingo-valley

I guess early next year they will give more discount.

azeoprop
18-12-10, 21:39
Only 4 units sold in Nov according to URA records. :beats-me-man:

DaytonaSS
18-12-10, 21:40
I was there to view the showroom,....... Then realized the "matured garden" was a cemetery, just beside the development. So buyers beware ya

forest491
18-12-10, 22:25
I was there to view the showroom,....... Then realized the "matured garden" was a cemetery, just beside the development. So buyers beware ya

It's telling u it's a matured estate, dat U will NEVER be alone....:scared-1:

smallant
06-01-11, 10:32
pass by the matured gdn wed... saw a lot of cars .. crowded.. small stream of cars waiting to go in ! Anyone knows wat happening ?? bigger discount ? :D

cheongster
16-01-11, 21:04
anyone know how is the sales doing and have the prices gone down?

plastic
19-01-11, 11:09
Prices have not come down but they are absorbing stamp duty.

pod
20-01-11, 14:57
anyone got latest pricelist?:p

azeoprop
20-01-11, 16:02
Just came back from the showroom, as usual, I am the only customer. Price remains the same but they released a few "starbuy" units plus free stamp duty.

Some 2 bedroom starbuy units:

#03-23 786sqft $1047738 (dual key)
#03-15 840sqft $1106280
#03-80 829sqft $1050343
#03-14 840sqft $1106280

Do u think it is a good buy? :beats-me-man:

hyenergix
20-01-11, 16:07
No, they have too many units not sold. If you buy now lugi later. Let the price move down by another 5% then consider. The developer bought the land quite cheap and traffic is quite bad during peak hours thanks to the 1-lane road and bus-stops.

stalingrad
20-01-11, 16:15
No, they have too many units not sold. If you buy now lugi later. Let the price move down by another 5% then consider. The developer bought the land quite cheap and traffic is quite bad during peak hours thanks to the 1-lane road and bus-stops.

not to mention the graveyard.

mantrix
20-01-11, 16:19
not to mention the graveyard.

it's 'matured garden' lah...:o

eng81157
20-01-11, 16:22
star buy at $1300+psf........:scared-4: not attractive at all
in fact, i won't touch it even if it's $1000psf cos' of the location

if i remember correctly, a 2BR unit at Coralis (opp. parkway) was going at $1400+psf when the development was launched.

hence, you be the judge

stalingrad
20-01-11, 16:37
it's 'matured garden' lah...:o

I would whistle past the "mature garden" when I come home especially when it is past midnight.

mantrix
20-01-11, 16:40
Dun tabao Char Siew Bao hor...

pod
20-01-11, 21:56
Abit expensive still.

Pay abit more can buy landed in opera estate! haha... :D

azeoprop
17-02-11, 18:35
Got an sms saying phase 2 launch with special incentives this weekend. :rolleyes:

pod
18-02-11, 08:04
todat 3pm budget announcement...

haha..... duno gd or bad news for ppty investors.... :D

(more discount from ppty developers?:cheers1: )

devilplate
18-02-11, 08:39
todat 3pm budget announcement...

haha..... duno gd or bad news for ppty investors.... :D

(more discount from ppty developers?:cheers1: )

nid to have 16% discount den worth buying? hehe

smallant
18-02-11, 09:40
tis project only move on 7th mth lah.. gd bros nearby will buy then....
$ not a problem... haha.. :)

hyenergix
18-02-11, 14:28
This project is now giving discounts of around 15.5% from what I gather from propertyguru http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/3170798/for-sale-flamingo-valley

The small units are poorly designed, especially the studios. The developer should have put a wall to make into a 1-bedder since there is still ample space. Then there is a strange 'island' with a sink in the middle of the unit.

azeoprop
20-02-11, 00:27
Any price and sales updates? 2 bedroom units below 1000psf? :rolleyes:

hyenergix
20-02-11, 05:00
I saw many uncles and aunties in the news last night. Definitely more people in showroom compared to when I was there last year and this year. This round of discount only brings it to market level.

I would expect the project to increase from 20%+ sold to probably 60% sold by the end of this year. There will be a resistance from the market due to its accessibility issue and location next to a cemetery. Unless they give further discount.

pod
20-02-11, 16:01
nid to have 16% discount den worth buying? hehe

i tink make it 20% discount la... 15+5... hehe...

Developers need to quickly clear stock before oversupply hits the market....:D

Graveyard view 25% (ground floor graveyard view nett 30% discount:hell-hath-no-fury: )
Roadside view 20%
Rest of them 15%

hahahaha

Blue
20-02-11, 17:02
This project is overall great except for sitting next to the muslim cemetry. So it's a no no...Remember not to buy bak kua (bbq pork) home or u might invite unwanted guests! :scared-1:

The block which is facing the cemetry, don't open ur windows when u sleep at night...

land118
20-02-11, 17:27
This project is overall great except for sitting next to the muslim cemetry. So it's a no no...Remember not to buy bak kua (bbq pork) home or u might invite unwanted guests! :scared-1:

The block which is facing the cemetry, don't open ur windows when u sleep at night...
Call it pantan", if one is non Muslim and buy for own stay, why want to splash $1m - $2m on this project when can have a choice eslewhere

mcmlxxvi
20-02-11, 18:18

I tot the bak kwa will ward off the unwanted...?

phantom_opera
20-02-11, 22:07
i tink make it 20% discount la... 15+5... hehe...

Developers need to quickly clear stock before oversupply hits the market....:D

Graveyard view 25% (ground floor graveyard view nett 30% discount:hell-hath-no-fury: )
Roadside view 20%
Rest of them 15%

hahahaha

15 +5 sounds like Far East :eek: :tongue3: IT will be a long long long wait for MRT :rolleyes:

land118
20-02-11, 22:26
15 +5 sounds like Far East :eek: :tongue3: IT will be a long long long wait for MRT :rolleyes:
By then, muslim cemetery maybe also not exhumed yet. I have impression that Muslim cemetery seldom get exhumed. Other than the one beside Bidadari, I do not know of any other Muslim cemetery that has been exhumed. Can anyone shed some light on this?

azeoprop
22-02-11, 19:08
The website has been revamped, and i think some units were resized as well. :rolleyes:
http://www.flamingovalley.sg/

devilplate
24-02-11, 00:23
not much discount leh....

2bedder 5% furniture rebate upon TOP....the rest stamp duty rebate only....

no wonder only move 10units last wkend....if i am not wrong....none of the units facing cemetry r sold....if give u 20% discount for facing cemetry....u game for it? hehe.....heard got banana tree somemore....:scared-3:

hyenergix
24-02-11, 05:23
So it is not 15.5% as seen in many propertyguru listings? I haven't got the time to go down to see. With such sales figures, the developer should lower the psf from $1400 to $1200 on average. Just wait for further price cuts by mid of this year for this project.

land118
24-02-11, 06:41
Developer bought enbloc for $194m in 2007, rent out for a while in 2008, land plot 335418 sqft, plot ratio 1.4, work out to be $415 psf ppr. Add in cost of construction, even if sell at $1kpsf now, AllGreen still laughing all the way to the BANK

bargain hunter
24-02-11, 08:28
developer is f&n rite?

Developer bought enbloc for $194m in 2007, rent out for a while in 2008, land plot 335418 sqft, plot ratio 1.4, work out to be $415 psf ppr. Add in cost of construction, even if sell at $1kpsf now, AllGreen still laughing all the way to the BANK

land118
24-02-11, 09:12
developer is f&n rite?Oops, u are correct, it's Fraser Centrepoint (FCL)

devilplate
24-02-11, 09:13

i read somewhr last time they bot it at 3xxpsf ppr....anyway close to ur 415....

devilplate
24-02-11, 09:15
So it is not 15.5% as seen in many propertyguru listings? I haven't got the time to go down to see. With such sales figures, the developer should lower the psf from $1400 to $1200 on average. Just wait for further price cuts by mid of this year for this project.

i tink the bigger units r selling for 12xxpsf after rebates

1bedder ard 1500psf at 780k.....siglap V better buy relatively....LOL

azeoprop
24-02-11, 09:37
I shall wait for more discount for this one....:p

eng81157
24-02-11, 09:49

hypothetically, if there's a 20% discount for units facing the cemetary, would you bite?:)

smallant
26-02-11, 18:40
if below 1000 psf for facing the "garden".... Can consider !
Also layout 1 bdrm.. hope no bomb shelter ! :)

hyenergix
26-02-11, 20:15
i tink the bigger units r selling for 12xxpsf after rebates

1bedder ard 1500psf at 780k.....siglap V better buy relatively....LOL

I'm using the studios as reference ;) Siglap V location is way better than this. No way this Flamingo Valley can sell well above $1200 psf for studios. More competitions are coming from the GLS near MRT.

land118
27-02-11, 08:22
i read somewhr last time they bot it at 3xxpsf ppr....anyway close to ur 415....

Should be 415, info from Fraser centrepoint press release in 2007:

http://www.fraserscentrepoint.com/library/docs/press_release/Flamingo_Valley.doc

Frasers Centrepoint Acquires Flamingo Valley at Siglap
- adds freehold parcel to landbank -
Singapore, 6 February 2007 – Frasers Centrepoint Limited (FCL) has, through its wholly-owned subsidiary, FCL Estates Private Limited, entered into a conditional sale and purchase agreement for the en-bloc purchase of Flamingo Valley at Siglap.The purchase *consideration of S$194 million works out to a S$415 per sq ft per plot ratio. The purchase is subject to certain conditions including the obtaining of approval from the Land Dealings (Approval) Unit and the order from the Strata Titles Board.
Mr Lim Ee Seng, Chief Executive Officer of Frasers Centrepoint Limited commented, “We are excited about this project, as it’s one of the few remaining sizeable freehold *land parcels in the East Coast area. *The site geography potentially lends itself to a visually interesting architectural design and we’re looking forward to launching yet another quality development in one of the most highly sought-after residential areas in Singapore, outside the prime districts of 9, 10 and 11.”
“This acquisition will add an additional of more than 31,000 square metres to the Frasers Centrepoint landbank. *With a plot ratio of 1.4, our plan is to develop the site into a 380- unit condominium complete with a clubhouse and recreational facilities.
“We are targeting the mid-level segment, following our recent successful launches of Clementi Woods, One St Michaels and One Jervois, ” Mr Lim added.
The site has a frontage of about 140 metres and is easily accessible from Siglap Road, off East Coast Road. There is also convenient highway access to the East Coast Parkway and Pan-Island Expressways. The Kembangan MRT station is a 10 to 15 minutes’ walk away.
The Siglap neighbourhood is a highly popular residential estate with low-density housing and several landed properties. *The area has a wealth of amenities in close proximity - shopping and dining eateries abound in and around Siglap, and for leisure and recreation, there is the highly popular East Coast Park. Prestigious schools are also dotted throughout the area – St Stephen’s Primary School, Tao Nan School, CHIJ Katong Convent, Victoria School and Victoria Junior College.
Mr Lim continued, “Late last year, in November 2006, Frasers Centrepoint had already acquired two adjacent properties in Bedok Town Centre, and plans are afoot to redevelop the sites into a signature suburban lifestyle mall that will further enhance the buzz factor in this area of Singapore.”
Mr Lim Ee Seng, CEO of Frasers Centrepoint Limited, said, “Frasers is positive on the outlook for the Sydney property market, and the acquisition of this site is testament to that confidence.” He added, “As a growing global property group, this has boosted our stable of overseas developments and we will continue to deliver the Frasers hallmark of high quality and value to the project.”
Construction is expected to begin in early 2008.

17-03-11, 19:47
Very tough.... I was at the showroom today. 4br selling at min 1.9mil. :scared-4:

3br selling at 1.45 mil. :scared-4:

Stamp duty rebate for 3br n 5% furniture voucher for 2 br. 4 br got no voucher or stamp duty rebate cos the 4 br sell like hotcakes. Units with better facing all sold for 4 br.

azeoprop
17-03-11, 20:35
Very tough.... I was at the showroom today. 4br selling at min 1.9mil. :scared-4:

3br selling at 1.45 mil. :scared-4:

Stamp duty rebate for 3br n 5% furniture voucher for 2 br. 4 br got no voucher or stamp duty rebate cos the 4 br sell like hotcakes. Units with better facing all sold for 4 br.

Wow! so many rich people in sg....all buying big units! :scared-1:

eng81157
18-03-11, 10:50
Wow! so many rich people in sg....all buying big units! :scared-1:

heh, maybe need more space to accommodate friendly 'brothers' from the nearby cemetery

sleek
30-03-11, 14:43
http://www.fraserscentrepointhomes.com/Library/images/constructionprogress/FCH_construction_flamingo_valley_02.jpg

2 Reinforced Concrete Framework In Progress
3 Brick Walls Nil
4 Ceilings Nil
7 TOP issued Nil

sleek
27-06-11, 00:08
http://www.fraserscentrepointhomes.com/Library/images/constructionprogress/FCH_construction_flamingo_valley_03.jpg

Progress On Site For Flamingo Valley As Of End May 2011 (http://www.fraserscentrepointhomes.com/contentview.aspx?article_id=12)
2 Reinforced Concrete Framework In Progress
3 Brick Walls In Progress
4 Ceilings Nil
7 TOP issued Nil

marktkt22
24-07-11, 22:15
Never been to showflat,but a fren told me lelong, 4 bedder 1.5m,
Is that location able to walked to siglap v and the eateries nearby?
From map, look like far.
How the traffic at siglap road?this must be one of the slowest moving projt in d15.

the pricing is ridiculous. it is not close to amenities or mrt.

devilplate
24-07-11, 22:47
Never been to showflat,but a fren told me lelong, 4 bedder 1.5m,
Is that location able to walked to siglap v and the eateries nearby?
From map, look like far.
How the traffic at siglap road?this must be one of the slowest moving projt in d15.
Traffic vy vy bad during mng rush hr....goto walk pass eerie cemetry to get to siglap v:scared-3:

I wud rather get vacanza between the two....dun ask me y compare it wif vacanza....lol

I tink the soon to b launch uber 388 better....shall see the launch px

Btw, flam v 4bdr really 1.5mil...sounds too gd to b true....Shd b 2mil leh....9xxsqft 2bdr oredi ard 1.2xmil lor

marktkt22
24-07-11, 23:14
Thanks devilplate, u r the man to ask for almost any projt.
Serious, 4 bedder ,3rd floor,pool facing,1.5+m, meaning, 950+psf, a 20% discount to launch price ,1200psf.
Free fridge, i heard also absorb stamp duty.
Must be Damn bad sales,so lelong.
Maint abt 280per mth,

marktkt22
24-07-11, 23:20
Fraser no holding power, unlike feo.
Uber338 or Aurealis has better location
Fv really....remind me of those projt a to g
by hong leong in changi, ulu remote amid landed house.
Fv a bit better, at least walked to siglap if u dun mind 'hantu',

devilplate
24-07-11, 23:36
Serious, 4 bedder ,3rd floor,pool facing,1.5+m, meaning, 950+psf, a 20% discount to launch price ,1200psf.
Maint abt 280per mth,
Can buy! Still got anot? I on!

marktkt22
24-07-11, 23:52
My fren got it over the wkend, that what he said.
I Never been to showflat to verify but should have units for sale still

devilplate
25-07-11, 00:04
My fren got it over the wkend, that what he said.
I Never been to showflat to verify but should have units for sale still
If its true,ur fren like tio toto:cool:

kingkong1984
25-07-11, 00:18
Maint abt 280per mth,

maybe returned units so can sell at 20% off..

or forgo 20% profit

anyway... flame means fire... hahaha. and valley means beware the fall.

devilplate
25-07-11, 00:26
maybe returned units so can sell at 20% off..

or forgo 20% profit

anyway... flame means fire... hahaha. and valley means beware the fall.
I seriously dun tink its true...

Mabe his fren said 3bdr at 1.5mil la....they relaunch wif 3%stamp duty for 3bdr n 5%furniture rebate for 2bdr leh...

Fct been making gd money wif many other recent projects....vy unlikely for them to slash down 20%.....

kingkong1984
25-07-11, 00:39
I seriously dun tink its true...

Mabe his fren said 3bdr at 1.5mil la....they relaunch wif 3%stamp duty for 3bdr n 5%furniture rebate for 2bdr leh...

Fct been making gd money wif many other recent projects....vy unlikely for them to slash down 20%.....

agree with u on this, wait for caveats.

august
25-07-11, 00:49
Maint abt 280per mth,

1.5m shld be 3 bedder lah

your friend is HDB upgrader? only HDB labels their 3 bedroom units as 4br or 5br

marktkt22
25-07-11, 07:40
Hi August,Let me double confirm my fact,
Thanks,

marktkt22
25-07-11, 07:47
Forget, yes hdb upgrader.
Is there a room at the yard ? then v likely ,
they add that maid room in,
Calling it 4 rm.

devilplate
25-07-11, 09:51
Calling it 4 rm.
U jus ask ur fren how big is his unit lor....

Shd be 12xxsqft....if its 15xxsqft, den u quickly grab one as well...hehe

Wild Falcon
25-07-11, 11:33
I don't think a room at a yard is considered a bedroom. So if it has a small room at the yard, it would be considered a 3+1 but not a 4 bedder.

Calling it 4 rm.

nochoice
25-07-11, 18:34
confirm not true...I went last week, 2 bedder avg price $1250psf, no discount or stamp duty absortion. the agent said the offer period is over.

azeoprop
25-07-11, 21:13
Chey, I thought got starbuy special offer haa haa...nevermind, wait again.

:D

marktkt22
25-07-11, 21:55
Sorry, got my info wrong.
It. a 3 bedder, there a free fridge....
So sorry for the mix up

marktkt22
30-07-11, 14:41
drove there today at 11am...traffic notvery good, remind me of the lorong in telok kurau...except of course, there are no vehicles parked by the side.

btw, when i left, the rubbish truck is doing collection, and ..wow... all traffic freeze...no one can move and all stuck behind the rubbish truck.
Foresee when the project is completed, traffic going to be a bigger nightmare.

in term of accessibiility...it quite far to walk to siglap V and the eateries...
didnt do the timing but easily around 20+ min
the malay cemetery is not easily seen if we just take a casual glance.

sleek
15-08-11, 14:21
http://www.fraserscentrepointhomes.com/Library/images/constructionprogress/FCH_construction_flamingo_valley_04.jpg

Progress On Site For Flamingo Valley As Of End July 2011 (http://www.fraserscentrepointhomes.com/contentview.aspx?article_id=12)
2 Reinforced Concrete Framework Nil
3 Brick Walls Nil
4 Ceilings Nil
7 TOP issued Nil

minority
23-09-11, 21:40
the pricing like never move much.. subsale also asking 1250psf...

I think the design is ok. only problem is the road. very easy to jam

azeoprop
23-09-11, 22:07
still no special offer? :rolleyes:

hyenergix
24-09-11, 08:01
I like the site design and layout but not the road or studios layout. Besides, quantum is too high even for studios. I expect this project's price to remain stagnant.

DC33_2008
24-09-11, 15:26
Are they have flamingo statues here? Savannah has lots of animals.
I like the site design and layout but not the road or studios layout. Besides, quantum is too high even for studios. I expect this project's price to remain stagnant.

hyenergix
24-09-11, 21:12
I din see any flamingoes designs inside. Very spacious site. What a pity.

howgozit
25-09-11, 11:45
Are they have flamingo statues here? Savannah has lots of animals.

I hope for them that they don't install flamingo statues. I kinda find the animal statues in Savannah gimmicky. I remember seeing 1 unit in Savannah that had the living room window facing the backsides of a couple of rhinos.

I think developers should move away from these themed condos and put the effort and money on better design and build quality.

marktkt22
25-09-11, 21:53
Road jammed up easily, traffic will be bad in peak hr.
A gd spacious site, too bad the traffic screw up.

bargain hunter
15-12-11, 13:29
3 more sold at median of 1269psf in nov.

bakasa2002
15-12-11, 14:01
I heard it is popular with Indian expats cos nearby got Indian International Sch? Is it true?

bargain hunter
15-03-12, 13:51
4 more sold at 1185psf median in feb.

Vinze
15-03-12, 17:06
Over the last weekend sold 8 units
3 of them penthse

This weekend new launch of showflat acutal unit
01-19
01-20 & 01-21

Discount only @ 7% plus limited stamp duty

Vinze
15-03-12, 17:06
3 of them penthse

01-19
01-20 & 01-21

minority
15-03-12, 23:42
3 of them penthse

01-19
01-20 & 01-21

Avg 1200 Psf?

yowetan
21-03-12, 18:47
What is limited stamp duty?

Any great offer at Flamingo valley now?

I read thru the whole thread, and many questioned the cemetry. It is really that bad?

minority
21-03-12, 20:40
What is limited stamp duty?

Any great offer at Flamingo valley now?

I read thru the whole thread, and many questioned the cemetry. It is really that bad?

If ur not facing the cemetry n dont mind possible congested rosd. Its a nice project.

yowetan
21-03-12, 20:48
If ur not facing the cemetry n dont mind possible congested rosd. Its a nice project.

Is cemetry that errie?

Also, how much is it selling at now? Property price is abit high side these days.

Jonathan0503
22-03-12, 08:49
Is cemetry that errie?

Also, how much is it selling at now? Property price is abit high side these days.

Very personal. It's psychological. So depends on whether you are comfortable

minority
22-03-12, 09:29
Actually it's ok. Like a small park with trees. Grass at some part over grown. But it's just maybe no like to face 1. I would think the congestion would be more a concern then cemetery.

yowetan
22-03-12, 10:12
Actually it's ok. Like a small park with trees. Grass at some part over grown. But it's just maybe no like to face 1. I would think the congestion would be more a concern then cemetery.

Do you have any idea what is the take-up rate now?

It seems that this project is very quiet and low profile.

gn108
22-03-12, 10:13
There are some landed houses facing the cemetry and a little road running inbetween. All the living and dead souls are living in peace and harmony.

yowetan
22-03-12, 10:34
Could someone share with me how is the payment progression like for an uncompleted project like this?

How the payments are staged etc?

minority
22-03-12, 14:28

No idea. project kinda quiten down... maybe the EL MRT might revived it.

yowetan
22-03-12, 14:50
No idea. project kinda quiten down... maybe the EL MRT might revived it.

It seems 90% of the feedback and comment in this thread are negative.

Despite in a prime district, it seems that cemetry haunts people...

minority
22-03-12, 14:55
It seems 90% of the feedback and comment in this thread are negative.

Despite in a prime district, it seems that cemetry haunts people...

best is u go down take a look if u like it or not.

yowetan
22-03-12, 15:00
best is u go down take a look if u like it or not.

The showroom is within the developed site?

The price is also on a high side these days, it seems 1300sgd/psf is a new norm for all developments regardless its size, location and many etc.

price
22-03-12, 15:18

The price is also on a high side these days, it seems 1300sgd/psf is a new norm for all developments regardless its size, location and many etc.

FH 1.3k where got high?

Look at D13 18 Woodsville already 1.7kpsf.

yowetan
22-03-12, 15:24
FH 1.3k where got high?

I am poor, and yes 1.3ksgd/psf is high for me.

I am wondering what would be the price after correction then (if correction does ever come).

price
22-03-12, 15:29

I am wondering what would be the price after correction then (if correction does ever come).

Very hard for this area to have much correction. Soon by 2013, ERL announce, Siglap station will maintain or shoot price of this devp up again. By 2020 when its built, even higher. So invest now huat later! :D:D Maybe 2020 >$2kpsf

Montaigne
22-03-12, 15:32

M also waiting for price correction, in fact praying secretly everyday lol. Not just me, alot of my friends also waiting til neck long long. Once it comes I will rush to queue up for the best units cos I believe many will do the same. If I got lucky, perhaps can even buy two after savings while waiting since 2009. Regret not buying that time.. Haiz, life is just full of regrets.

yowetan
22-03-12, 15:36
Very hard for this area to have much correction. Soon by 2013, ERL announce, Siglap station will maintain or shoot price of this devp up again. By 2020 when its built, even higher. So invest now huat later! :D:D Maybe 2020 >$2kpsf

You are sure optimistic and motivating.

Hereby, I return you a "Huat".

I am not that positive over ERL and whatever positive outlook lying ahead.

price
22-03-12, 15:39
M also waiting for price correction, in fact praying secretly everyday lol. Not just me, alot of my friends also waiting til neck long long. Once it comes I will rush to queue up for the best units cos I believe many will do the same. If I got lucky, perhaps can even buy two after savings while waiting since 2009. Regret not buying that time.. Haiz, life is just full of regrets.

Good luck! Dont miss the next boat :D cash are eroding everyday.

price
22-03-12, 15:42
You are sure optimistic and motivating.

Hereby, I return you a "Huat".

I am not that positive over ERL and whatever positive outlook lying ahead.

Thanks! :D :cheers4: :cheers4: Hope you get ur unit soon

Montaigne
22-03-12, 15:46
Good luck! Dont miss the next boat :D cash are eroding everyday.
M not so worried, current prices still considered affordable to me. Since upside is limited, I dun think price will sky rocket at least another two years. At most I buy later at current prices, or slightly higher or lower dun make much diff. Already waited so long. What is another year or so.

bakasa2002
22-03-12, 16:05

They relaunched recently and I was there this wk. Was told about 200 of 393 sold. Avg for a 3bd is about 1250psf after discount. can get another 1% off cfm off quantum but any thing more is how ready u r to commit. Agent hinted can push for more if u can cfm but no more pool facing unit for 3bd. :)

bakasa2002
22-03-12, 16:09

The current showroom is the actual block right next to the cemetery. You can have a feel of how things are at the first floor but I don't think the upper floors are open. :)

bakasa2002
22-03-12, 16:14
M not so worried, current prices still considered affordable to me. Since upside is limited, I dun think price will sky rocket at least another two years. At most I buy later at current prices, or slightly higher or lower dun make much diff. Already waited so long. What is another year or so.

I kind of agree w u, cos' at $12xx-13xx for this area still not that ridiculous as compare to TK area and this is a full sized development which is already quite rare in Siglap. Only problem is that the one nearer to the road will be pretty noisy and the one down at the bottom of the 'valley' will seem to be quite dark, or be like bottom of the valley aka 'gu di'?

minority
22-03-12, 16:25
FH 1.3k where got high?

different size pst comparison.... not fair comparison. Flamingo is bigger...

maybe can check i there are still free biz.. like voucher.

price
22-03-12, 16:36
different size pst comparison.... not fair comparison. Flamingo is bigger...

maybe can check i there are still free biz.. like voucher.

Oh u were there too?

minority
22-03-12, 18:20
Oh u were there too?

Went to c. But I remeber earlier is 1100 psf .. So 1250 seem reasonable by today standard.

yowetan
23-03-12, 09:57
I went down last evening, and the ERA agent attended to me.

I was quoted an average 1290-1310psf for a 3 bedder.

No good facing units.

Disappointed.

minority
23-03-12, 10:51
I went down last evening, and the ERA agent attended to me.

I was quoted an average 1290-1310psf for a 3 bedder.

No good facing units.

Disappointed.

Why not u try ur luck with subsales maybe some kanjong mama need to sell u can get lower than what developer ask n better units?

yowetan
23-03-12, 11:23
Why not u try ur luck with subsales maybe some kanjong mama need to sell u can get lower than what developer ask n better units?

I did a search in propertyguru, and realise all the subsales are marketed at 1350 and above.

I do not see any GanJiong people selling. Their holding power is good.

minority
23-03-12, 13:45
I did a search in propertyguru, and realise all the subsales are marketed at 1350 and above.

I do not see any GanJiong people selling. Their holding power is good.

try ur luck. asking is one thing. actual transaction is another.. PropertyGuru sometime might not be updated.

FLAMINGO VALLEY SIGLAP ROAD Condominium 1 1,967,790 1,593 Strata 1,235 Feb-12
FLAMINGO VALLEY SIGLAP ROAD Condominium 1 1,485,120 1,216 Strata 1,221 Feb-12
FLAMINGO VALLEY SIGLAP ROAD Condominium 1 1,113,300 818 Strata 1,361 Jan-12
FLAMINGO VALLEY SIGLAP ROAD Condominium 1 1,546,200 1,206 Strata 1,283 Jan-12
FLAMINGO VALLEY SIGLAP ROAD Condominium 1 1,202,745 861 Strata 1,397 Dec-11
FLAMINGO VALLEY SIGLAP ROAD Condominium 1 1,458,000 1,216 Strata 1,199 Dec-11

yowetan
23-03-12, 14:05
try ur luck. asking is one thing. actual transaction is another.. PropertyGuru sometime might not be updated.

FLAMINGO VALLEY SIGLAP ROAD Condominium 1 1,967,790 1,593 Strata 1,235 Feb-12
FLAMINGO VALLEY SIGLAP ROAD Condominium 1 1,485,120 1,216 Strata 1,221 Feb-12
FLAMINGO VALLEY SIGLAP ROAD Condominium 1 1,113,300 818 Strata 1,361 Jan-12
FLAMINGO VALLEY SIGLAP ROAD Condominium 1 1,546,200 1,206 Strata 1,283 Jan-12
FLAMINGO VALLEY SIGLAP ROAD Condominium 1 1,202,745 861 Strata 1,397 Dec-11
FLAMINGO VALLEY SIGLAP ROAD Condominium 1 1,458,000 1,216 Strata 1,199 Dec-11

I am aware of the above lodged caveat. I did call up to some resales. It seems that they probably trying to sell high to me.

I just unable to get the better pricing. When I was in riversound residence, I was also getting higher quotes than others.

gn108
23-03-12, 14:07
Maybe you are being saved from buying and landing with a hugh loan...

I am aware of the above lodged caveat. I did call up to some resales. It seems that they probably trying to sell high to me.

I just unable to get the better pricing. When I was in riversound residence, I was also getting higher quotes than others.

yowetan
23-03-12, 14:09
Maybe you are being saved from buying and landing with a hugh loan...

I like your reply. It is enlightening, positive and motivating. Cool!

price
23-03-12, 14:21
I like your reply. It is enlightening, positive and motivating. Cool!

Maybe u didnt do wat Mr. B does. Bring a cheque book

yowetan
23-03-12, 14:23
Maybe u didnt do wat Mr. B does. Bring a cheque book

I dont have a current account, so I do not have a cheque book.

price
23-03-12, 14:45

Start 1?

How do u buy then? Like me? bring cash in NTUC plastic bags? :D

yowetan
23-03-12, 14:46
Start 1?

How do u buy then? Like me? bring cash in NTUC plastic bags? :D

I wish I could.

I am intending to loan from relatives and parents to make up 40%.

price
23-03-12, 14:52
I wish I could.

oh but u can't bring ur 5% cash to the showflat right?

yowetan
23-03-12, 14:53

Frankly,I have only around 1% deposit.

The rest I will have to borrow from my relatives and families.

gn108
23-03-12, 14:56
Flashing that Black Card bring it's priviledges but flashing cash is priceless!

Actually,that sounds like fun - let the agent peek into your plastic bag and say "shhh..this one for down-payment coz I don't have cheque-book and BTW, got cash discount?" Agent will get a stiffy...

price
23-03-12, 15:19
Frankly,I have only around 1% deposit.

The rest I will have to borrow from my relatives and families.

It's okay bro! but start planning on how to pay when they do lend u money :D

Because when i was gathering my money together there were lots of hassle. Clearing of cashiers order etc. Ultimately no harm to get a free cheque book account from CITI, SCB, or CIMB. I use CIMB cause they got highest interest rates (0.8%) lol not a lot but 10 times higher than regular POSB savings account

minority
23-03-12, 16:14

bring stacks of cash like this guy

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981210441

http://imgur.com/a/RjInD

Pinball
23-03-12, 20:54
eh bro, r u yeow55 from HWZ? You write in the same way.

I wish I could.

yowetan
24-03-12, 11:12
Anyone planning to visit the showflat? I skim through straitstimes today and it advertise there is some special benefits/discount?

It is strange as I was only informed by the agent - 7%.

devilplate
24-03-12, 11:13
Anyone planning to visit the showflat? I skim through straitstimes today and it advertise there is some special benefits/discount?

It is strange as I was only informed by the agent - 7%.
many of bros here oredi told u liao mah....

bring down ur chq and make an offer with chq.....this project is definitely negotiable....if ur agt told u cannot nego at all...try another agt

yowetan
24-03-12, 11:17
many of bros here oredi told u liao mah....

bring down ur chq and make an offer with chq.....this project is definitely negotiable....if ur agt told u cannot nego at all...try another agt

Hi dp, thanks for the reminder. What do you think of this development, apart from the muslim cemetary?

devilplate
24-03-12, 11:20
Hi dp, thanks for the reminder. What do you think of this development, apart from the muslim cemetary?
not under my recommended list

if u die die wana buy smthing now...go for parc vera 2bdr(simlian give damn low comm to agts tats y agts not pushing for this project).....industrial and HDB is better den cemetry....tats me

yowetan
24-03-12, 11:26
not under my recommended list

if u die die wana buy smthing now...go for parc vera 2bdr(simlian give damn low comm to agts tats y agts not pushing for this project).....industrial and HDB is better den cemetry....tats me

Could you kindly enlighten me why is it out of the recommended list? I will be appreciate if you can shed some insight.

devilplate
24-03-12, 11:30
Could you kindly enlighten me why is it out of the recommended list? I will be appreciate if you can shed some insight.
i feel errie having cemetry next door....there r SO SO MANY condos in SG....so y must u buy a unit next to one?

jam packed small road with buses

its a VALLEY.....can be very hot for certain units

quantum so high.....

the only gd thing is FH and full condo facilities tats all.....walk to siglap ctr not tat near and slopy terrain

having said tat everything has a price tag.....11xxpsf(better facing ones) can still consider in today's market condition

or u try offer 950psf for those units facing the cemetry.....wakakakakaka

yowetan
24-03-12, 11:34
i feel errie having cemetry next door....there r SO SO MANY condos in SG....so y must u buy a unit next to one?

jam packed small road with buses

its a VALLEY.....can be very hot for certain units

quantum so high.....

the only gd thing is FH and full condo facilities tats all.....walk to siglap ctr not tat near and slopy terrain

having said tat everything has a price tag.....11xxpsf(better facing ones) can still consider in today's market condition

or u try offer 950psf for those units facing the cemetry.....wakakakakaka

Hi dp, thanks for your opinion. Appreciate that.

Btw, I am not good in geographical studies and I am unsure how valley would impact and affect the humidilty and temperature. Could you share with me what you would know?

I choose there because it is in Siglap, and I am a sucker for FH.

devilplate
24-03-12, 11:36
anyway, my honest advice to all bros/sis here : NOT TO BUY ANY PPTY NOW unless 20% off valuation(last few av transaction)

devilplate
24-03-12, 11:37
Hi dp, thanks for your opinion. Appreciate that.

Btw, I am not good in geographical studies and I am unsure how valley would impact and affect the humidilty and temperature. Could you share with me what you would know?

I choose there because it is in Siglap, and I am a sucker for FH.
wah piang....

no comments.....

u can try going to those landed houses at jalan kayu area and feel the valleyness there lor(during hot sunny day hor)

yowetan
24-03-12, 11:43
wah piang....

no comments.....

u can try going to those landed houses at jalan kayu area and feel the valleyness there lor(during hot sunny day hor)

Haha, sorry for persistent questioning.

I understand the air-flow ventilation theory; getting a unit on the elevated hillside would be an obvious choice then.

marktkt22
24-03-12, 11:47
Drive there at peak morning 8am and evening 6pm
And at the rubbish collection thme, i think 10am ...
Then u understand

marktkt22
24-03-12, 11:51
Thanks...
Same sentiment, i give up...esp when lush@katong price piss me off
Now fund diverted to equity market

anyway, my honest advice to all bros/sis here : NOT TO BUY ANY PPTY NOW unless 20% off aluation(last few av transaction)

devilplate
24-03-12, 11:54
Thanks...
Same sentiment, i give up...esp when lush@katong price piss me off
Now fund diverted to equity market
u oredi got a lovely new home

no hurry to get another one for investment now....wise decision ;)

yowetan
24-03-12, 11:58
Thanks all for sharing inputs with me.

The agent just smsed me, one 1206sqft unit gone at 1304sgd/psf.

ppty
24-03-12, 12:00
if u have a budget of 1300psf - better to look at amber road properties -
better value with amenities and long term potential

Thanks all for sharing inputs with me.

The agent just smsed me, one 1206sqft unit gone at 1304sgd/psf.

chiaberry
24-03-12, 12:01
I wish I could.

This is a very bad idea. One day the relatives could ask you to pay back the loan faster if they run into financial difficulties or they need the $$$ for their own purposes urgently. It could lead to family relationship problems.

If you have to scrounge around to ask for loan from relatives/parents then you should seriously reconsider and think whether you should be buying at this point in time. Just because your buddies and peers are rushing into property doesn't mean you have to follow the herd instinct. One example of herd instinct is the animal called lemming. They all follow each other and fall to their deaths. :tsk-tsk: