PDA

View Full Version : Dorsett Residences @ New Bridge Road, Outside Outram MRT Station

Sinclone
15-07-10, 23:33
Brought to you by PropertyLaunch.sg (http://www.propertylaunch.sg)

New Launch Singapore Property coming to Outram Area

http://www.propertylaunch.sg/images/dorsett/logo.jpg

Dorsett Residences @ New Bridge Road

http://www.propertylaunch.sg/images/dorsett/long.jpg

Live Stylish right in the City with Hotel Services
A Location at the edge of CBD with a Vibrant Lifestyle
Fabulous high return Investment just next to Outram MRT

Total of 68 residential units and 10 storey hotel with commercial shops
consist of 1, 2 and 2+study units

http://www.propertylaunch.sg/images/dorsett/long5.jpg

Sizes
1 Bedroom: 484 sqft
1 bedroom with Terrace: 484/668 sqft
2 bedroom: 678/754 sqft
2 bedroom with Terrace: 732/807/829/1012 sqft
2+Study: 1206 sqft
2+Study with Terrace: 1615 sqft

Calling for all investors!!! If you are looking for a great investment with high tenancy rate and good returns, then see no more but Dorsett Residences. A rare 99 years leasehold development in an excellent location in New Bridge Road just at the edge of Chinatown and CBD. The whole development concept consist of Hotel, Residential units and Commercial shops just on top of Outram MRT station. Comprising of only 68 residential units of 1, 2 bedroom and 2+Study, with optional hotel services, the project is designed to have a service apartment concept in mind for all its residential owners. This HOT development is definitely a sell out. Call us now to register your interest or cheque submission early before its too late.

A Location that is unbeatable just at the fringe of the CBD
A fabulous development that will be prominent and valuable
Excellent Modern Resort Design Facade with Hotel and Residences
Ready service apartment concept with Hotel Services available
Right next to Outram MRT Station, convenient accessibility
Reasonable size units excellent for investment and rental
Tons of Eateries and Shopping Amenities in the vicinity
Literally just at the edge of Singapore Chinatown
Just 5 mins walk to Singapore General Hospital and Medical Center
Just 2 mins drive or 1 MRT stop to Shenton Way & Central Business District
10 mins drive to Orchard Shopping Mall and Marina IR
Beautiful panoramic unblock view to the surrounding
Excellent descent size, efficient unit layout and facing
Excellent High Quality Contemporary interior finishes with branded fittings
Excellent High Tenancy location with good high rental yield returns
Easy access to Major Expressway, ECP and CTE
Developed by Reputable Developer

Please call Developer Sales Team at 6100 8090 for enquiries.

for preview registration, brochures and floorplans, please visit Dorsett Residences (http://www.propertylaunch.sg/Singapore%20Property%20New%20Launch/Dorsett%20Residences.php) Here

Register yourself for all new projects updates and information in PropertyLaunch.sg (http://www.propertylaunch.sg) - Your Singapore New Launch Property Resource and Info Site.

proud owner
15-07-10, 23:43
looks nice

but when i see the map ... my immediate thoughts :
bad fengshui ...

major road right in front
flanked by Hospital
flanked by police station

just personal thoughts

smallant
15-07-10, 23:49
As Spore is gonna be aging population in the not too distant future..
Near Hospital -> in case u got stroke.. heart attack.. very near... chances of survival higher...

As Spore welcomes more FTs, got gd and bad.. tat comes along with it..
(Remember the Kallang slashing ...)
Near Police Station -> Safe.. Super Safe... The police station will defer such attacks..

everything there is a price... so all depends on tat price... :D

proud owner
15-07-10, 23:54
Near Hospital -> in case u got stroke.. heart attack.. very near... chances of survival higher...

Near Police Station -> Safe.. Super Safe... The police station will defer such attacks..

hahaha

then again .. the safest place is the most dangerous place ..

my friend used to stay in jelita .. very close to Rear Admiral ( envy backside?) Teo Chee Hean .. got guard standing outside ..

guess what ..his hosue got broken into ..

devilplate
15-07-10, 23:57
so wat kind of PSF u guys tink will be reasonable?

1bedder ard 1500psf will be vy tempting for me...only 1 stack of 1bedder facing heritage... but i tink may price from 1800psf up...if so, CBD studio will be a steal:D

smallant
16-07-10, 00:00
If the far east project near TP MRT as a price guide, you are rite.. 1500 psf will be a steal then !
But this is a small MM project.. facilities limited.. so maybe .. just maybe.. the price might be cheaper as smaller developer.. holding power also rather limited... :)

proud owner
16-07-10, 00:02
so wat kind of PSF u guys tink will be reasonable?

1bedder ard 1500psf will be vy tempting for me...only 1 stack of 1bedder facing heritage... but i tink may price from 1800psf up...if so, CBD studio will be a steal:D

my guess 1500 psf for 2-3 bedder

the Yin of the hospital + police station, negate the Yang of MRT station ..

Beacon is selling around 1200-1300 ? so my guess is 1500 MAX for 2-3 bedder ..

i am bad at MM units .. never keen , never follow , so wont guess

smallant
16-07-10, 00:03
Not gd to stay near VIP.. They will rob u clean as no guards mah as compared to the other heavily guard one..

Also a lot of inconvenience... cannot talk tooooo loud.. cannot have big parties. cannot..... :banghead: No pt buying landed or condos as a lot of limitation:banghead: s..

proud owner
16-07-10, 00:05
Not gd to stay near VIP.. They will rob u clean as no guards mah as compared to the other heavily guard one..

Also a lot of inconvenience... cannot talk tooooo loud.. cannot have big parties. cannot..... :banghead: No pt buying landed or condos as a lot of limitation:banghead: s..

cannot park you car outside ..

they scared you have car bomb ...

i always WONDER .. if our govt is so 'clean' and uncorrupt like they always sell themselves to be ..

why the need to have body guards ?

must have done something wrong before ,.and scared people take revenge on them, ..

devilplate
16-07-10, 00:05
picture show a decent sized pool...

the pool is shared with the hotel guest also rite...hmm...this project may not provide carpark lots as well

in any case...1500psf i will grab as total quantum ard 720-750k...not bad...but foresee a fierce balloting if really price at 1500psf.

mabe 1800psf, ppl will also grab like hotcakes?:scared-5:

smallant
16-07-10, 00:18
I have no doubt whatsoever that they are clean.
But how to achieve cleaner and cleanest.. tat is the question..
Body guard is necessary as we live in a fast moving, competitive, highly stress out world.. with unstable people go burning people or slashing.. So do think they deserve some protection being public figure..
End of the day... if they got slash.. everyone scare.. who wanna serve the public ? even if give u 10 mil.. you also might not want rite ?
:scared-1:

proud owner
16-07-10, 01:10
I have no doubt whatsoever that they are clean.
But how to achieve cleaner and cleanest.. tat is the question..
Body guard is necessary as we live in a fast moving, competitive, highly stress out world.. with unstable people go burning people or slashing.. So do think they deserve some protection being public figure..
End of the day... if they got slash.. everyone scare.. who wanna serve the public ? even if give u 10 mil.. you also might not want rite ?
:scared-1:

changing boundary of district when coming to election is not clean

hehe

cashrich
16-07-10, 04:25
Pros and Cons of this project

Pros -

Highly 'sellable", will be much in demand. If price is right, should sold out.
Near to MRT and at the fringe of CBD. If they place their entrance outside, better. If place inside, never mind, parking is expansive in CBD
Strong demand from those working at the Health Cluster there.
High potential gain (assuming price is right) if the white site at outram is sold and developed later.
Good for those first time investors to move in as overall quantum is lower.
Plenty of amenities within walking distance.. including red light Keong Siak Street. Give Geylang MM units some competiton.Cons -

Too near to Cross Junction... too noisy.
Low rise, no wind... very hot in town at night.
LH99
Common swimming pool with hotel?
Non exclusivity, hotel guess, resident etc may be mixed (but have to check out the actual arrangements there - beware)
Cannot rent to those who ply their *** trade as it is right infront of big brother.
Small development and half of it goes to Hotel? Shared hotel gym?
Possible high maintenance fees.
Parking lots may not be included.Pricing level

My guess is that it should be priced below FH MM units ($1500 and above) in D9,10,11 since it is LH 99. Otherwise not worth it if it is more than $1500. But it should be priced higher than FH MM units in D14, i.e. Lorong 25,28 etc and Cosmo's as location is much nearer to town, FH is not really that critical since govt can acquire it if they want to. LH99 is safer in the sense as it is more logical for their leases to expire instead of acquisition. But anythings goes also.

Ready investors waiting. Recent transactions at Pearl Bank and surrounding pte apts/condo may indicate that smart investors are switching their portfolio from old to new LH99. Sell out expected!

bargain hunter
16-07-10, 09:42
i have a friend who recently joined huttons as an agent (previously he was not an agent elsewhere). :scared-4: he said, "hospital and police station just around the corner plus points, amenities, how can don't buy? :doh: "

but this should be a sellout anyway. 1900psf indicative. bro proud and devilplate....1500psf is also i wish...but we can only dream on lah. :D

looks nice

but when i see the map ... my immediate thoughts :
bad fengshui ...

major road right in front
flanked by Hospital
flanked by police station

just personal thoughts

rattydrama
16-07-10, 10:00

Near hospital is a deterrent point in the past but guess mind set is likely to change due to aging population. :p

Squall8888
16-07-10, 11:10
Kallang slashing has got nothing to do with FTs. They are foreign workers. Foreign talent are those highly educated with employment passes. Those kallang bastards are holding work permit.

devilplate
16-07-10, 11:39
i have a friend who recently joined huttons as an agent (previously he was not an agent elsewhere). :scared-4: he said, "hospital and police station just around the corner plus points, amenities, how can don't buy? :doh: "

but this should be a sellout anyway. 1900psf indicative. bro proud and devilplate....1500psf is also i wish...but we can only dream on lah. :D

WOW! if developer manage to sell out at 1900psf...den CBD studios currently hovering at 1800-2000psf will be a STEAL!

stay tuned!:D

maisonjai
16-07-10, 11:40

if kena slash here still got time to walk over make police report first, then proceed to A&E dept :D

location good but be prepared for the profile of that area. Single male will enjoy the nearby amenities:spliff:

devilplate
16-07-10, 11:48
if kena slash here still got time to walk over make police report first, then proceed to A&E dept :D

location good but be prepared for the profile of that area. Single male will enjoy the nearby amenities:spliff:

shd be attracting higher profile single male (still duno wat wud be the profile for those who rent those MM units in geylang)

rental wud easily cost 3k for 1bedder for current market. which means likely to see them find high class chicks as well:D

stalingrad
16-07-10, 11:58
Near hospital is a deterrent point in the past but guess mind set is likely to change due to aging population. :p

is likely to change again, if there is another outbreak like SARs. I don't think anyone would be silly enough to want to live near TTS hospital in 2003. You guys are talking silly.

bargain hunter
16-07-10, 12:04
but could maintenance fees be very high too becoz it is tagged to the hotel's concierge? what kind of nett rental yield are we looking at here?

shd be attracting higher profile single male (still duno wat wud be the profile for those who rent those MM units in geylang)

rental wud easily cost 3k for 1bedder for current market. which means likely to see them find high class chicks as well:D

devilplate
16-07-10, 12:10
but could maintenance fees be very high too becoz it is tagged to the hotel's concierge? what kind of nett rental yield are we looking at here?

not sure about the fees etc ...most prob i will be praying developer can achieve a sell out at 1900psf:D :D :D

1500psf is my wishful thinking:o

proud owner
16-07-10, 12:28

1900 psf ???

then The Beacon at cantonment rd now 1250 psf is a bigger steal ?

devilplate
16-07-10, 12:41
1900 psf ???

somehow beacon prices have been suppressed...dunwan to comment too much...imagine CBD studios oredi surpass 1800psf and beacon only doing at 1200psf. cannot purely use psf as an comparison...we nid to based on total quantum and rental yield as well...too bad beacon do not have 1bedders...if not shd be achieving 1500psf oredi:D

at one stage, i aso feels beacon is undervalued in terms of psf..but after digging further....i nvr buy any:D

bargain hunter
16-07-10, 12:44
huttons will tell u different mah. beacon face the pinnacle of duxton monster for a view and like u said bigger units and not MM.

MM for this project = higher psf yet low affordable quantum. very hip with hotel (mini st regis :doh: ), right beside chinatown mrt. (beacon is just nice a tad far from tanjong pagar and chinatown mrt).

damn, if i continue to talk like this i will soon become a huttons agent. LOL. :doh:

1900 psf ???

devilplate
16-07-10, 12:48
perhaps beacon cud see a better rental and capital appreciation as pinnacle has completed...

but beacon not really near to MRT...more den 5mins walk definitely...either face busy roads or face behind with direct noon sun...plus no view...some can say better buy pinnacle! but goto wait 5yrs later:p

Squall8888
16-07-10, 13:00
CBD studio is not cheap like 2009 (Please, you can never go back to Q1 2009 or 2005 level ever again. If that happens, chicken rice should sell at $1.50 in food court. So stop dreaming or whining).

But still, some projects are cheap at today's market. I don't want to name any projects but look for those that TOP within 6 months time. If rental is project at 3.8k average for studio, go calculate the yield. To me, anything more than 4% is good. Some in the market are project at 5%. Just for comparison, the damn risky mini bond yield is 5 to 5.5% only.

As for Beacon, I don't think need to dig too far. Just visit the site and you know why low psf.

somehow beacon prices have been suppressed...dunwan to comment too much...imagine CBD studios oredi surpass 1800psf and beacon only doing at 1200psf. cannot purely use psf as an comparison...we nid to based on total quantum and rental yield as well...too bad beacon do not have 1bedders...if not shd be achieving 1500psf oredi:D

at one stage, i aso feels beacon is undervalued in terms of psf..but after digging further....i nvr buy any:D

cashrich
16-07-10, 14:22
just a quick liner... left 80+ years of 99 year lease or so when launched... that's why it was sold at a discount earlier. Exact years I don't bother to remember.

maisonjai
16-07-10, 14:39
http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y358/maisonjai/b1a.jpg

wa, suddenly dining table becomes obsolete in 2bedders, i thought only applies for studios. Anyone knows what is the swinging thing that i circle in red?

bargain hunter
16-07-10, 14:52
in addition, what is that lined area outside the masterbedroom? no use area yet charged for the sq ft?

wa, suddenly dining table becomes obsolete in 2bedders, i thought only applies for studios. Anyone knows what is the swinging thing that i circle in red?

rattydrama
16-07-10, 14:58
SARS come and go. People are very forgetful. We people will fall sick, visit hospital, hospitalised and die one day.

If price drop during SARs, quickly snap at low price. :p

is likely to change again, if there is another outbreak like SARs. I don't think anyone would be silly enough to want to live near TTS hospital in 2003. You guys are talking silly.

bargain hunter
16-07-10, 15:05
according to my agent, its a swivel where the tv in the room is mounted so that u can adjust the viewing angle. i dun really see a need for it though. :D

rattydrama
16-07-10, 15:08
This is a swing for you to put TV and adjust according to your comfort.

rattydrama
16-07-10, 15:28
To Bagain Hunter:

This is a porch for the 3sty and the upper floor. As you can see from the floor plan the 3rd sty has an open terrace.

Things to take note is 1) people at the upper floor might throw rubbish and landed on the porch and could be unsightly. 2) Depending on the materials used, the reflection from the porch might make your master room hot.

maisonjai
16-07-10, 15:55
according to my agent, its a swivel where the tv in the room is mounted so that u can adjust the viewing angle. i dun really see a need for it though. :D

no wonder...haha. Nowadays got motorized tv bracket liao.

those line area shown in arrow, funny thing the pillar half extended meaning u can go next door for a quickie?:eek: this might be the most valuable area in unit.;)

http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y358/maisonjai/5a.jpg

mcmlxxvi
16-07-10, 16:01

I tell you the profile since I own one. Single male foreign expats.

mcmlxxvi
16-07-10, 17:52
"Dorsett Residences", preview prices will be from $1,700psf-$2,200psf. Smallest unit is 484sf, est approx $1mio-$1.05mio. Preview expected end July. Showflat in construction now.

devilplate
16-07-10, 18:14
"Dorsett Residences", preview prices will be from $1,700psf-$2,200psf. Smallest unit is 484sf, est approx $1mio-$1.05mio. Preview expected end July. Showflat in construction now.

ooo..nice

hope can sell out!:D :D :D

Squall8888
16-07-10, 21:54
That is expensive, considering its surrounding.

bargain hunter
17-07-10, 00:31
i think its not supposed to be accessible by foot. the glass beside it is for the balcony. so it is a useless piece of thing counted in the sq ft. %$&*&%$$* hehehe...

no wonder...haha. Nowadays got motorized tv bracket liao.

those line area shown in arrow, funny thing the pillar half extended meaning u can go next door for a quickie?:eek: this might be the most valuable area in unit.;)

http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y358/maisonjai/5a.jpg

devilplate
17-07-10, 01:16
wow...2k psf not enuff...nid to cheat another 50sqft ar?:scared-2:

bargain hunter
17-07-10, 09:52
i still continue to condemn lincoln suites as the ultimate cheat. 463 sq ft SURROUNDED by balcony, planter (including outside toilet to sun dry oneself after bath), bay windows totalling possibly 1/3 of the unit or around 150 sq ft. but still pple will buy with another lone record transaction going through in june at 2627psf or $1.216m. bigger units lagi best, bay windows in the kitchen. :doh:

wow...2k psf not enuff...nid to cheat another 50sqft ar?:scared-2:

Komo
17-07-10, 10:59
This is a swing for you to put TV and adjust according to your comfort.
Like hospital?

Regulators
17-07-10, 23:10
i think may not be as bad as aristo. balcony is 3/4 of the internal livable space.

i still continue to condemn lincoln suites as the ultimate cheat. 463 sq ft SURROUNDED by balcony, planter (including outside toilet to sun dry oneself after bath), bay windows totalling possibly 1/3 of the unit or around 150 sq ft. but still pple will buy with another lone record transaction going through in june at 2627psf or $1.216m. bigger units lagi best, bay windows in the kitchen. :doh:

devilplate
17-07-10, 23:18
i think may not be as bad as aristo. balcony is 3/4 of the internal livable space.

aristo vy jialat...the planter area bigger den the balcony!!!

actually FEO projects r always higher den the peers but their floorplan got little wastage.:D

Komo
18-07-10, 11:18
aristo vy jialat...the planter area bigger den the balcony!!!

actually FEO projects r always higher den the peers but their floorplan got little wastage.:D

I'm always puzzled why such design with planter bigger than the balcony:confused: they think people like to put decking? or they have tied up with decking companies? :doh:

bargain hunter
18-07-10, 11:59
under previous plans, developers have incentive to max out planters/bay windows which is "free sq ft" no need to pay development charge, yet can sell at the same psf as the rest of the unit. the govt has since taken away this incentive so new projects will not have planters and bay windows. :)

I'm always puzzled why such design with planter bigger than the balcony:confused: they think people like to put decking? or they have tied up with decking companies? :doh:

cashrich
18-07-10, 13:52
based ont his pricing.. developer not expecting sell out. Balance units expected before any future price cuts.

Squall8888
18-07-10, 14:07
Vivace also. Same league as lincoln suites. Surrounded by planters.

bargain hunter
18-07-10, 15:33
indeed, but lincoln suites still the ultimate champion. :D

Vivace also. Same league as lincoln suites. Surrounded by planters.

cashrich
20-07-10, 03:37

Mr Agent Boy... buay zhun! WTF!

Agents have started gathering interest for the 68-unit Dorsett Residences, and they say it could be previewed at the end of this month. The six-storey project will have one, two and two-plus-one bedroom units, starting from 484 sq ft in size. Prices are said to be in the region of $1,700-$1,900 psf

DC33_2008
20-07-10, 08:54
Wow! So high psf. The design resembles an older hospital building like Mt Alvernia.

teddybear
20-07-10, 09:28
This means those properties TOP from 2004-2011 all with rubbish BIG BIG planter areas & bay windows (that you pay so much money but cannot use)! :doh:

under previous plans, developers have incentive to max out planters/bay windows which is "free sq ft" no need to pay development charge, yet can sell at the same psf as the rest of the unit. the govt has since taken away this incentive so new projects will not have planters and bay windows. :)

DC33_2008
20-07-10, 09:40
Planter box is good if you have a nice unblock view on high floor. Just like low rise development with penthouse. Not really worth it.

devilplate
20-07-10, 09:48
all depends on price

if got units selling at 800psf for aristo now, i will grab....:D

FEO projects usually min wastage but price vy high ppl also siam....haha

ALL ABOUT PRICE!

devilplate
20-07-10, 09:52
Mr Agent Boy... buay zhun! WTF!

Agents have started gathering interest for the 68-unit Dorsett Residences, and they say it could be previewed at the end of this month. The six-storey project will have one, two and two-plus-one bedroom units, starting from 484 sq ft in size. Prices are said to be in the region of $1,700-$1,900 psf

agts indication smtimes bey zhun one la

u see Haig 162: agts initially telling me prices will be from 1200psf (lower for PH)

quote u slightly lower and get ur chq first...when prices released den try their best to pyscho u over the phone to let them go ahead and book the unit:D

tats the strategy...if no chq on hand...their winning rate is ZERO!

devilplate
20-07-10, 09:54
99% AGTS R FULL OF LIES....BELIEVE THEM AT UR OWN RISK!:D

Squall8888
20-07-10, 11:18
I will measure the wasted space and calculate my psf from there. For eg, I feel planter is useless, I will take that space out. But certain bay windows are fine so it really depends on individual. But you are right about ls. Who on earth need a planter in the bathroom? Won't the plants die from my shampoo?

all depends on price

if got units selling at 800psf for aristo now, i will grab....:D

FEO projects usually min wastage but price vy high ppl also siam....haha

ALL ABOUT PRICE!

cashrich
20-07-10, 11:45
99% AGTS R FULL OF LIES....BELIEVE THEM AT UR OWN RISK!:D

This has become my personal favourite.... :D ;) :cool: :tsk-tsk: :tongue3: :) :rolleyes: :spliff2: :spliff: :cheers6: :puke2: :character0029: :millie: :stupid:

This one is doomed to fail....

Why? Try to look for the Tang Dynasty in Singapore and you will know...

Just a matter of time.... just a matter of time.... all gone... kanna stuck.

devilplate
20-07-10, 11:58
This has become my personal favourite.... :D ;) :cool: :tsk-tsk: :tongue3: :) :rolleyes: :spliff2: :spliff: :cheers6: :puke2: :character0029: :millie: :stupid:

This one is doomed to fail....

Why? Try to look for the Tang Dynasty in Singapore and you will know...

Just a matter of time.... just a matter of time.... all gone... kanna stuck.

care to elaborate...or u simply too bored:D

cashrich
20-07-10, 12:22
care to elaborate...or u simply too bored:D

hahahaha you are right. Definitely too bored today... fired up with posts today.
"Quote"
Agents have started gathering interest for the 68-unit Dorsett Residences, and they say it could be previewed at the end of this month. The six-storey project will have one, two and two-plus-one bedroom units, starting from 484 sq ft in size. Prices are said to be in the region of $1,700-$1,900 psf.

According to agents, residents will be able to tap on concierge services from Dorsett Regency Hotel next door.

Tang Group's website provides more details. It says the 10-storey hotel will have 285 rooms, a swimming pool and a landscape deck. The entire hotel-residential development will have a direct link to Outram Park MRT station.

Tang Group is headed by Dennis Chiu, of the Chiu family that used to run the former Tang Dynasty City in Jurong.

The firm bagged the hotel site through a state tender which closed in September last year. Zoning guidelines allow developers to set aside as much as 40 per cent of a hotel site's total floor area for commercial and residential uses.

Cushman & Wakefield managing director Donald Han believes that Dorsett Residences should be popular, given its location. He suggests that medical tourists who frequent Singapore General Hospital nearby may consider buying units for their own occupation when they are in town.

He adds that for developers, hotels are a longer term investment compared with homes. Developers would be able to recover some capital more quickly by incorporating and selling residences in hotel sites.
"Unquote"

Look at those in red, not I say one.
But here's what I have to say

1. Tap next door = you pay for your next door neighbour who come and go.. haha. Share Share lah... pool, gym, everything. You be their anchor customer. Cash cow captured and house there to milk milk milk.

2. Very bad experience for investors there at Txxx .. very messy, all gone.

3. Medical Toourist? its a sick place alright... already intending for the sick.

4. Cash flow problem lah... all condo or all hotel is better... who woul want to mix it up when they can help it? Red flags to wach out for. Beware. need to get mony quickly somemore. WTF? Belly up later? Who knows?

devilplate
20-07-10, 12:26
very interesting write up..i am enjoying it:D

Regulators
20-07-10, 16:09
if want to pay this kind of psf, can look to but d1 already.

cashrich
20-07-10, 16:45
if want to pay this kind of psf, can look to but d1 already.

Leedon Investments puts in highest bid for New Bridge Rd hotel site
By Jonathan Peeris, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 03 September 2009 1844 hrs
Photos 1 of 1 " src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_next.gif" width=18 height=15 type=image>http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/dotline_240.gif

SINGAPORE : Leedon Investments has submitted the highest bid of S$67.7 million for a hotel site at New Bridge Road. The bid translates to about S$401 per square foot.

The next highest bid came from New Bridge Development which offered S$63.9 million.

All in, the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) received six bids. The site was offered for sale in July on a 99-year lease.

Property consultancy CB Richard Ellis said the top bid is 54.2 per cent higher than the trigger price of S$43.9 million.

Executive director at CBRE Research, Leonard Tay, said the strong response to the tender points to Singapore's long-term ability to attract tourists and its growing importance to medical tourists.

Tay said the site also benefitted from its proximity to Singapore General Hospital and its Chinatown location - a historical draw for tourists who prefer an alternative to the Orchard Road hotel belt.

URA said it will decide on the winning bidder at a later date. - CNA /ls

devilplate
20-07-10, 16:53
they quite power...hotel site leh...can manage to get approval for some residential and sell high high:eek:

bargain hunter
20-07-10, 16:54
some are still alright but as we approach those launched between 2007 to 2009, developers get more greedy and start to make the planters bigger and bay windows wider. :mad:

This means those properties TOP from 2004-2011 all with rubbish BIG BIG planter areas & bay windows (that you pay so much money but cannot use)! :doh:

cashrich
20-07-10, 17:06
they quite power...hotel site leh...can manage to get approval for some residential and sell high high:eek:

Definitely agree with the word power! Power to Price High High High. Good for current landlord/property owners.

smallant
20-07-10, 22:11
Is tis blank cheque marketing tactics legal ???
I recall many yrs .. all the units size and prices are print out BIG BIG..
Now.. only indication.. and worst .. the prices creep up leh... Maybe CASE or URA or some should speak out leh ...
Buyers in tis case are blind... In Spore case, the KS mentality usually means they might be suckered in ! :banghead:

Property_Owner
22-07-10, 13:53
1900 psf ???

Beacon not near MRT. When it comes to MRT for singaporeans, 10 meter also counts.

august
22-07-10, 20:28
$2k psf?! hooray for D1 ~~ :cheers6:

proud owner
22-07-10, 20:45
Beacon not near MRT. When it comes to MRT for singaporeans, 10 meter also counts.

yes singaporeans cannot walk ..

and the weather is always to be blamed ..

Dorsett Res say 1900 psf.. Beacon 1250 psf .. difference 650 psf ..

a 1000 sqft unit will cos 650k more ...

i can take a taxi from Beacon, pay $10 per trip to the MRT station ..
$20 a day both ways

$ 650k will take me to finish spending on taxi fare of $20 a day ..assuming taxi fare stays the same for that distance .. for the next 87 yrs

DC33_2008
22-07-10, 22:39
1900 psf ???

The 999LH Emerald Garden @ Club street not far from Dorsett Res. at 1500psf is even a bigger steal than Beacon. EG is just within 150m from the new Telok Ayer mrt stn.

proud owner
22-07-10, 22:45
The 999LH Emerald Garden @ Club street not far from Dorsett Res. at 1500psf is even a bigger steal than Beacon. EG is just within 150m from the new Telok Ayer mrt stn.

exactly ...

unfortunately .. in another 100 yrs ..

singaporeans will mutate ..

future generations of singaporeans will stand only 1.5m tall ..max ..

their legs are shorter than their forefathers ..

after 100 yrs of living in MM units .. and only walking 10m no more, to MRT .. singaporeans becomes the shortest, smallest human in asia ..

smallant
22-07-10, 22:48
hey.. short is good leh.. U look at napoleon... and some brillant well known figures here.. all very short..
when u are short.. u get more brains leh... :D

proud owner
22-07-10, 22:51
hey.. short is good leh.. U look at napoleon... and some brillant well known figures here.. all very short..
when u are short.. u get more brains leh... :D

hence my theory ..

in 30-40 yrs .. all MM condos will be enbloc ..to build mini MM condos ..

and singaporeans will then find the currrent MM units a luxury

limfc
22-07-10, 23:00
hence my theory ..

and grow even shorter? :scared-3:

devilplate
23-07-10, 02:35
yes singaporeans cannot walk ..

and the weather is always to be blamed ..

Dorsett Res say 1900 psf.. Beacon 1250 psf .. difference 650 psf ..

a 1000 sqft unit will cos 650k more ...

i can take a taxi from Beacon, pay $10 per trip to the MRT station ..
$20 a day both ways

$ 650k will take me to finish spending on taxi fare of $20 a day ..assuming taxi fare stays the same for that distance .. for the next 87 yrs

wrong comparison...cannot compare actually...different product altogether....how to compare MM psf with normal sized psf? within the same devt oredi got 100-300psf diff for big and small units oredi

if the beacon got 500sqft units...i wud expect 1500psf oredi

devilplate
23-07-10, 02:38

stop promoting ur baby lah...lol

devilplate
23-07-10, 02:39
exactly ...

unfortunately .. in another 100 yrs ..

singaporeans will mutate ..

future generations of singaporeans will stand only 1.5m tall ..max ..

their legs are shorter than their forefathers ..

after 100 yrs of living in MM units .. and only walking 10m no more, to MRT .. singaporeans becomes the shortest, smallest human in asia ..

tats y u migrate to NY? mabe u shd annul ur Sg citizenship....can get back all ur CPF monies as well:D

ang mor super enjoy life: one person eat one lobster....in asia, u often see one whole family sharing one lobster:D

devilplate
23-07-10, 02:41
hence my theory ..

china and japan oredi got such mini mini Mm motels oredi...just one bed...i tink less den 50sqft livable space...haha

DC33_2008
23-07-10, 08:49
It will come to a complete cycle, where newly wed couples will end up staying with their parents initially as they complain about affordability of housing in Singapore. This is what we hear from some fresh graduates.

devilplate
23-07-10, 09:29
It will come to a complete cycle, where newly wed couples will end up staying with their parents initially as they complain about affordability of housing in Singapore. This is what we hear from some fresh graduates.

not in near future as BTO flats still affordable at this pt in time

recently, cheaper BTO projects attracted much lesser bids....BTO too affordable!

DC33_2008
23-07-10, 09:32
not in near future as BTO flats still affordable at this pt in time

recently, cheaper BTO projects attracted much lesser bids....BTO too affordable!

It is likely a PAP (Parents Assisted Purchase) fund

devilplate
23-07-10, 09:58
It is likely a PAP (Parents Assisted Purchase) fund

downpayment we duno la...but income still able to get loan

nowadays fresh grad immediately expect to own a flat just after started work...whr got such crap

of coz nid to save up for first 20% downpayment la....:D

DC33_2008
23-07-10, 15:35
They want everything fast these days. Pay, Promotion, etc fast.

proud owner
23-07-10, 21:15
tats y u migrate to NY? mabe u shd annul ur Sg citizenship....can get back all ur CPF monies as well:D

ang mor super enjoy life: one person eat one lobster....in asia, u often see one whole family sharing one lobster:D

no need to bro

i just dont buy mm units .. no matter how popular they may be NOW ...

i still stick to my plan .. buy only big units

devilplate
23-07-10, 21:39
no need to bro

i just dont buy mm units .. no matter how popular they may be NOW ...

i still stick to my plan .. buy only big units

i am not refering to ppty...tats small matter

proud owner
23-07-10, 21:43
i am not refering to ppty...tats small matter

lifestyle wise ..

yes

it is very different .. see more things than in spore

more things to do , to experience,

standard of living definitely higher .. but cost of living not necessarily higher though

devilplate
23-07-10, 21:47
lifestyle wise ..

yes

it is very different .. see more things than in spore

more things to do , to experience,

standard of living definitely higher .. but cost of living not necessarily higher though

big countries definitely nicer...can travel from state to state during wkends...quite fun. however, not much nite life except pubs, pubs and pubs...no supper...:D

during my NZ tour....i got so bored at nite tat i goto kill time at casino...:D

in SG, if u stay in HDB and dun drive...den cost of living will be lower definitely...dun cook also got $3-4 vege rice...overseas u must cook

proud owner
23-07-10, 22:02
big countries definitely nicer...can travel from state to state during wkends...quite fun. however, not much nite life except pubs, pubs and pubs...no supper...:D

during my NZ tour....i got so bored at nite tat i goto kill time at casino...:D

in SG, if u stay in HDB and dun drive...den cost of living will be lower definitely...dun cook also got $3-4 vege rice...overseas u must cook

seriously i find that it is doable ..

get a brand new merc for like usd 40k = 55k SGD ..and can drive forever ..

there are now many 24hr eateries .. subway, trains all 24hr ..

grocery shopping can be done online and delivered within 24hrs .. so its really convenient ..

no doubt tax is high but the other stuff are getting cheaper ..

devilplate
23-07-10, 22:10

there are now many 24hr eateries .. subway, trains all 24hr ..

grocery shopping can be done online and delivered within 24hrs .. so its really convenient ..

no doubt tax is high but the other stuff are getting cheaper ..

NY so power...trains 24hrs? WOW..tats cool

but usually ppl drive there though since car is affordable. the problem in SG: car so ex and yet so many CARS!!!:(

btw, after this subprime crisis...the locals over there start to save more den spend??

asians save and save....ang mor spend and spend...no $ just print and print:D ....mabe we will see the reverse soon? hehe

jlrx
23-07-10, 22:45

It is self-deception to buy a mercedes for S$55k in the US and imagine it's the same mercedes which costs S$300k in Singapore.

The reality will sink in when you see people earning $55k p.a. driving the same mercedes as you.

proud owner
23-07-10, 22:49
It is self-deception to buy a mercedes for S$55k in the US and imagine it's the same mercedes which costs S$300k in Singapore.

The reality will sink in when you see people earning $55k p.a. driving the same mercedes as you.

for 55k SGD you can get a merc and drive forever (almost) ..

as oppose to 300k sgd in spore and drive for 10 yrs ..

the 245k sgd difference can be used for otehr expenses .. like for holiday etc ..

august
23-07-10, 22:52
Actually i find the society less status conscious than Spore bcos of the sense of fair play, equality, and human rights ~

proud owner
23-07-10, 22:53

i dont get you at all ...

i am saying .. there are other areas where one can save alot in US than in Spore .. like Cars and housings .. and schools

kane
23-07-10, 23:57

i am saying .. there are other areas where one can save alot in US than in Spore .. like Cars and housings .. and schools

i think he meant the prestige level is lower when everyone can afford it.

but frankly, i wouldn't care. merc is a good reliable car and great for long distance travelling. at the end of the day, if the car is not to win more business, it's just a tool to bring you from point a to point b. prestige has little meaning.

jlrx
24-07-10, 00:09

Neither do I get you.

You can buy a $300k car and still go for holidays. If you sell your landed house (although I don't advise that), you can get cash of 10 times the difference between a mercedes in US and Singapore.

$2.45 million should be enough to give you lots of holidays.

but frankly, i wouldn't care. merc is a good reliable car and great for long distance travelling. at the end of the day, if the car is not to win more business, it's just a tool to bring you from point a to point b. prestige has little meaning.

If a car is just to get from point a. to point b., toyota altis is a better choice than a mercedes.

bargain hunter
24-07-10, 00:10
as august mentioned, their society is less status concious and should be something that singapore should be working towards if we want to truly become first world. for a start, at least there are now more millionaires prefering to stay in hdb. why would they care if they drive 300k merc or 55k japanese car?

jlrx
24-07-10, 00:20
as august mentioned, their society is less status concious and should be something that singapore should be working towards if we want to truly become first world. for a start, at least there are now more millionaires prefering to stay in hdb. why would they care if they drive 300k merc or 55k japanese car?

Then you have not met this guy called focus who stays in HDB but owns 4 cars.

Property_owner, very near but I am driving the new mercs e-class, not a BMW (Don't like the current look). But considering upgrading my other car to a Z4 year end if the stock market holds up. And NO! I wouldn't want to know what cars you have.. Your 40 properties already scared the shit out of me..

bargain hunter
24-07-10, 00:29
that's only 1 example. i have friends who, like focus, made their millions from trading shares too and also stays in hdb but drive japanese cars.

Then you have not met this guy called focus who stays in HDB but owns 4 cars.

devilplate
24-07-10, 00:39
that's only 1 example. i have friends who, like focus, made their millions from trading shares too and also stays in hdb but drive japanese cars.

mabe save on car but splurge on other stuff? u wudnt noe how much they spend de...drive a jap car doesnt mean he is a saver?

anyway, make millions liao sure reward smthing for themselves...if not BIG SILLY CARROT again...hehe...perhaps they dun feel shiok by driving aston martin....cud be other 'fun' stuff:D :D :D

devilplate
24-07-10, 00:45
but seriously....jap car really no fight with continental cars...handling lousy....braking soso etc..

early this yr when i change my car....i realised the price tag for a jap car and a cheapest merc/bmw has narrowed so much...hehe....its like no brainer:D

btw, this is the first time i 'make' some $ by buying a car! COE shoot up so much:D

devilplate
24-07-10, 00:47

got meaning de la....u ask Jet Li to stay HDB lor:D

devilplate
24-07-10, 00:49

but there r also many many who dun earn millions and drive merc/bmw(90-100% loan):D

august
24-07-10, 00:55
since we r on the subject of cars, i find Spore roads a tat bumpy. Would a SUV rides better than a sedan (wheels 225/45R17)? was told changing to R16 may help

devilplate
24-07-10, 00:59
since we r on the subject of cars, i find Spore roads a tat bumpy. Would a SUV rides better than a sedan (wheels 225/45R17)? was told changing to R16 may help

paisey cant help....i car noob...i always drive stock car and nvr splurge on poison:D

but i drove SUV b4....super bumpy....my passenger can get giddy sitting behind....sedan cars still the best for norm road:D

proud owner
24-07-10, 01:03

yes singapore road very bumpy ..

what i hate most is when the repair the road..the only tar the tiny strip ..
very often you have either your right wheels on new tarred road and left on old tarred road .. one high one low .. very irritating ..

even the country road in NZ are better maintained then in spore's major road ..

i find Yokohama tires good .. it is quiet and somehow reduce the bumpiness

devilplate
24-07-10, 01:10
yes singapore road very bumpy ..

what i hate most is when the repair the road..the only tar the tiny strip ..
very often you have either your right wheels on new tarred road and left on old tarred road .. one high one low .. very irritating ..

even the country road in NZ are better maintained then in spore's major road ..

i find Yokohama tires good .. it is quiet and somehow reduce the bumpiness

Sg cfm bumpy! go eevrywhr got humps...@##$$%!@

august
24-07-10, 01:11
paisey cant help....i car noob...i always drive stock car and nvr splurge on poison:D

but i drove SUV b4....super bumpy....my passenger can get giddy sitting behind....sedan cars still the best for norm road:D
never drove SUV before.. but i find sedan on Spore roads is a pain like wat proud owner said,especially so many uneven roads & road "works" going on all the time.. i imagine a SUV rides higher will have better cushioning?

proud owner
24-07-10, 01:16
never drove SUV before.. but i find sedan on Spore roads is a pain like wat proud owner said,especially so many uneven roads & road "works" going on all the time.. i imagine a SUV rides higher will have better cushioning?

no really

try taking a double decker bus .. sit lower deck and upper deck alot of difference

i once took a double decker bus after almost not riding in one after 5-7 yrs
sat on the upp deck .. after 3 bus stops .. i got off .. cos almost going to throw up ..

the swing on top is horrid ..

so SUV..higher than saloon car ..will have the same effect
you wll feel the bump even more

devilplate
24-07-10, 01:21

i used to tink tat way....but i was wrong and my passengers suffers in silence for 3yrs....my previous ride was toyota Rav last time. drink petrol also:( ....mabe branded suv like lexus, x4 different..? leme noe if u own one later!:D

i feels shiok driving a SUV initially though..i feel i am so much higher....boost up ego abit lor:D

rattydrama
24-07-10, 07:52

Malaysia road is even worst! SG still alot more better. Suv though bumpy can help to cushion impart of uneven road. Sedan car will be shiong for sedan car. scare undercarriage kina spoil.

devilplate
24-07-10, 10:04
other countries dun even build proper roads...den SUV BEST over there....terrain driving and 4X4:D

august
24-07-10, 12:18
no really

try taking a double decker bus .. sit lower deck and upper deck alot of difference

i once took a double decker bus after almost not riding in one after 5-7 yrs
sat on the upp deck .. after 3 bus stops .. i got off .. cos almost going to throw up ..

the swing on top is horrid ..

so SUV..higher than saloon car ..will have the same effect
you wll feel the bump even more

oic, like that how? stick to sedan and change to thicker wheels better?

august
24-07-10, 12:22
Malaysia road is even worst! SG still alot more better. Suv though bumpy can help to cushion impart of uneven road. Sedan car will be shiong for sedan car. scare undercarriage kina spoil.

dun think i will drive into msia ~ :D

maisonjai
24-07-10, 12:57
oic, like that how? stick to sedan and change to thicker wheels better?

SUV will be worst off on choppy roads since the wider tires have wider contact surface to the rd, even small potholes or stones can be felt. Rent a SUV for a day & u will know whether u will enjoy it.

u can swop ur sedan dampers to comfy types but hard cornering will be compromised :2cents:

bargain hunter
26-08-10, 14:55
Hutton's agent update: close door sales on 1st Sep 2010. The cutoff date for cheque submission is 31 Aug 2010, 5pm. No more cheques will be entertained after this stated time. (Sibei tao siah) The showflat will open for preview with its leftover units on 3rd Sep to 5th Sep by Appointment only. Any purchase during the preview period is subjected to balloting on 6th Sep. Prices start from 900k.

DC33_2008
26-08-10, 14:58
Wow! It works out to be about $1800psf for the small unit.

cashrich
26-08-10, 16:10
Hutton's agent update: close door sales on 1st Sep 2010. The cutoff date for cheque submission is 31 Aug 2010, 5pm. No more cheques will be entertained after this stated time. (Sibei tao siah) The showflat will open for preview with its leftover units on 3rd Sep to 5th Sep by Appointment only. Any purchase during the preview period is subjected to balloting on 6th Sep. Prices start from 900k.

Sibei Lao Lan!

bargain hunter
26-08-10, 19:23
yah, limited units, non excessive pricing (vs other D2 and D1 ppties, although i feel not exactly comparable) ...so these huttons pple ya ya papaya! :doh:

Sibei Lao Lan!

august
03-09-10, 10:26
Wah this project sold out within a day!

propertychap
03-09-10, 10:29
When was the preview? Even after the latest regulations changes, the market is still so good? Seems like the cooling measures still not that impactful

bargain hunter
03-09-10, 10:29
actually the talk was 1900psf but newspaper reported 1800psf average sales price. limited units, unique project, ok lah, has its attractions. these buyers also not likely to be affected by the measures anyway.

Wah this project sold out within a day!

august
03-09-10, 10:35
actually the talk was 1900psf but newspaper reported 1800psf average sales price. limited units, unique project, ok lah, has its attractions. these buyers also not likely to be affected by the measures anyway.

68 units, prices from 900k... jialat all MM units liao

azeoprop
03-09-10, 10:38

Citroen's hydractive suspension is for you. Buy Buy Buy! :D

devilplate
03-09-10, 10:47

u r right ...all MM....from 484sqft if i rmb correctly.

cheapest 484sqft unit really from 900k? work out to be 1860psf

bargain hunter
03-09-10, 11:04
preview/sales was on wed, after the measures. all MM but i guess suitable for that location. mixed development with hotel and concierge wor. :)

bargain hunter
03-09-10, 11:06
yeah, but that's alright isn't it? when this thread started, talk was 1900psf, so the average 5% below expectations. "priced to sell"? :ashamed1:

u r right ...all MM....from 484sqft if i rmb correctly.

cheapest 484sqft unit really from 900k? work out to be 1860psf

devilplate
03-09-10, 11:08
yeah, but that's alright isn't it? when this thread started, talk was 1900psf, so the average 5% below expectations. "priced to sell"? :ashamed1:

good tactic deployed...mark up saying 1900psf...Trap those buyers who submitted chq....haha:D

OLY99
03-09-10, 11:12
govt is having headache again!!!! not much impact..... COMMANDO BUYER!!!!! go go go

devilplate
03-09-10, 11:23
lots of bargain buyers oredi on a look out.....prices cannot drop alot....too much liquidity

august
03-09-10, 11:26
Despite the tougher measures aimed at cooling the property market, a 99-year luxury project, Dorsett Residences, above Outram MRT Station was sold out in one day when it was launched at an average price of $1,800 per sq ft yesterday. But The Straits Times understands that 40 per cent of the 68-unit project was bought by a single buyer.

:):)

devilplate
03-09-10, 11:30
Despite the tougher measures aimed at cooling the property market, a 99-year luxury project, Dorsett Residences, above Outram MRT Station was sold out in one day when it was launched at an average price of $1,800 per sq ft yesterday. But The Straits Times understands that 40 per cent of the 68-unit project was bought by a single buyer.

no wonder average psf only 1800psf...bcoz special discount given to this buyer

Wild Falcon
03-09-10, 11:39
Outram Park MRT with 40% bought my a SINGLE buyer? Hmm... Looking at the crowd around Outram Park MRT, I'm not surprised the tenant mix will be quite similar to People's Park Complex :)

Wah. Now MM with $900k price tag also called "LUXURY" project. I think Singapore's standard of "luxury" is VERY LOW. At least in HK, units need to be above a certain size and quantum to be considered "luxury".

As suspected, MM units are still popular despite the new measures. I think the new measures will drive most investors and PRs (not eligible for HDB because have foreign properties) to the $700k to $1.2 million properties. With the LTV reduced to 70%, the upfront payment ($300k - $350k) is still manageable for most as an investment.

jlrx
03-09-10, 11:39
When was the preview? Even after the latest regulations changes, the market is still so good? Seems like the cooling measures still not that impactful

Because these Dorsett buyers did not come to this forum to read the "Victory" speeches by the BEARS declaring victory and the founding of the socialist People's Republic of China.

http://www.gac-china.com/China_Insight/China_Facts/History/image002.jpg

rattydrama
03-09-10, 11:50
Can afford just buy mentality still there. Somemore near MRT. It is difficult to part away this belief.

govt is having headache again!!!! not much impact..... COMMANDO BUYER!!!!! go go go

cashrich
03-09-10, 16:49
Can afford just buy mentality still there. Somemore near MRT. It is difficult to part away this belief.

Yes of course... I am always on the look out for Good Deals :) :) :)

I think some are coming just around the corner.

DC33_2008
03-09-10, 17:31
Who will be the likely tenants? What will the rent for a 900K MM unit?

Condorich
03-09-10, 18:17

Illegal Casino.
Illegal Brothel.
Plus Rich Sugar Daddy for China Mistress.

What would be the asking rental? $5k a month?

DC33_2008
03-09-10, 18:21
Anybody knows the proportion of foreign to local buyers.

devilplate
03-09-10, 18:46

icon 1bedder around 1mil....ard 570sqft...considered MM in ur context?

i got MM 4xxsqft (worth 600-700k now) rented out 2.5 to 2.8k in other locations....all holding EP

Condorich
03-09-10, 18:56
Anybody knows the proportion of foreign to local buyers.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1172351

You also DC33 there. Why you ask?

DC33_2008
03-09-10, 18:56
Wow. Not a bad deal with 4.8% gross return. MM to me should be less than 500sqft.
icon 1bedder around 1mil....ard 570sqft...considered MM in ur context?

i got MM 4xxsqft (worth 600-700k now) rented out 2.5 to 2.8k in other locations....all holding EP

DC33_2008
03-09-10, 18:59
Can broadly understand who is behind our property market after the measures.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1172351

You also DC33 there. Why you ask?

Condorich
03-09-10, 19:01
Can broadly understand who is behind our property market after the measures.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=108826&postcount=1

Those data have to wait a while. Someone mentioned that 40 units were bought by 1 buyer. Duno true or not.

Condorich
03-09-10, 19:20
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=108826&postcount=1

Those data have to wait a while. Someone mentioned that 40 units were bought by 1 buyer. Duno true or not.

Despite the tougher measures aimed at cooling the property market, a 99-year luxury project, Dorsett Residences, above Outram MRT Station was sold out in one day when it was launched at an average price of $1,800 per sq ft yesterday. But The Straits Times understands that 40 per cent of the 68-unit project was bought by a single buyer

Sep 3, 2010

HDB flat dilemma for PRs and Singaporeans with property abroad

By Esther Teo & Jessica Cheam

PERMANENT resident (PR) Michael Lim is keen to upgrade to a larger HDB flat but the new rules on dual property ownership have put him in a pickle.
Mr Lim's problem is that he also owns a condominium in Kuala Lumpur that he inherited when his father died. Previously, this would not have hindered his purchase of a resale flat. But now it will.
The HDB announced on Monday that people who buy an HDB resale flat on or after Aug 30 must dispose of their private property - including any held overseas - within six months of the HDB purchase.
The intention is to ensure that HDB flats go to owner occupiers first and are not viewed as an investment. This means Mr Lim, who has been living in Singapore for 10 years, must sell the condo in Kuala Lumpur if he wants to upgrade from a four-room to a five-room HDB flat to fit his family of four.
But his mother-in-law is living in the condo and he has no plans to sell it.
Mr Lim, 33, hopes the HDB will make an exception in his case, given that he did not buy the condo as an investment.
'Malaysia is also our home and it's weird if we go back and do not have a place to stay... It's not fair to make me choose when I have ties to both countries.'
Ms Bhavani Prakash, 40, a PR from India who has a home in Chennai, said the new rules will also deter her from buying an HDB flat.
'The measures are quite draconian. Whether someone owns a property overseas really does not have an impact on the Singapore market... There are other ways to counter speculation,' she said.
There are many other PRs who could find themselves in a similar dilemma.
Experts say a significant number of PRs still have homes in their native countries since overseas properties are often cheaper than real estate here and are not as great a financial burden. A number of them may also have families back home living in those properties.
Ms Prakash's Chennai condo cost her between $200,000 and $300,000 - a quarter of the cost of a suburban condo in Singapore.
ECG Property chief executive Eric Cheng estimates that 40 per cent of PRs - especially those from Malaysia - own homes abroad, while PropNex chief executive Mohamed Ismail puts the figure at up to 30 per cent.
ERA Asia Pacific associate director Eugene Lim believes that more than half of the PRs arriving over the past few years would still have properties back home.
The curbs could also catch out Singaporean retirees with property offshore that they had bought for rental income or retirement. With strong family ties and business connections here, they might also be looking at buying HDB flats for their frequent visits here.
Now, if they want to buy a resale HDB flat, they will have to dispose their overseas real estate or risk penalties by trying to dodge the new rules.

cashrich
04-09-10, 02:27
40% by Single Buyer.. that's really fishy. Why annouce it? Did the single buyer request for it? These news don't come out in the public. The sail had buyers who bought floors, it was mentioned but its not the same, not bundled with 100% sold news.

Whatever it is, the message is 100% sold when it is only 60% sold to others. Single Buyer, most probably related to developer's interest wants the 60% to exercise their options granted.

Thang Dynasty saga in the making??

DC33_2008
04-09-10, 15:12
Is it really sold out? Just saw an advert today in the classified ST by ATI Real Estate Management Is this subsale?

teddybear
04-09-10, 16:31
Why called "luxury project" project hah? That place RCR is mid-market only niah.

Despite the tougher measures aimed at cooling the property market, a 99-year luxury project, Dorsett Residences, above Outram MRT Station was sold out in one day when it was launched at an average price of $1,800 per sq ft yesterday. But The Straits Times understands that 40 per cent of the 68-unit project was bought by a single buyer

Sep 3, 2010

HDB flat dilemma for PRs and Singaporeans with property abroad

By Esther Teo & Jessica Cheam

PERMANENT resident (PR) Michael Lim is keen to upgrade to a larger HDB flat but the new rules on dual property ownership have put him in a pickle.
Mr Lim's problem is that he also owns a condominium in Kuala Lumpur that he inherited when his father died. Previously, this would not have hindered his purchase of a resale flat. But now it will.
The HDB announced on Monday that people who buy an HDB resale flat on or after Aug 30 must dispose of their private property - including any held overseas - within six months of the HDB purchase.
The intention is to ensure that HDB flats go to owner occupiers first and are not viewed as an investment. This means Mr Lim, who has been living in Singapore for 10 years, must sell the condo in Kuala Lumpur if he wants to upgrade from a four-room to a five-room HDB flat to fit his family of four.
But his mother-in-law is living in the condo and he has no plans to sell it.
Mr Lim, 33, hopes the HDB will make an exception in his case, given that he did not buy the condo as an investment.
'Malaysia is also our home and it's weird if we go back and do not have a place to stay... It's not fair to make me choose when I have ties to both countries.'
Ms Bhavani Prakash, 40, a PR from India who has a home in Chennai, said the new rules will also deter her from buying an HDB flat.
'The measures are quite draconian. Whether someone owns a property overseas really does not have an impact on the Singapore market... There are other ways to counter speculation,' she said.
There are many other PRs who could find themselves in a similar dilemma.
Experts say a significant number of PRs still have homes in their native countries since overseas properties are often cheaper than real estate here and are not as great a financial burden. A number of them may also have families back home living in those properties.
Ms Prakash's Chennai condo cost her between $200,000 and $300,000 - a quarter of the cost of a suburban condo in Singapore.
ECG Property chief executive Eric Cheng estimates that 40 per cent of PRs - especially those from Malaysia - own homes abroad, while PropNex chief executive Mohamed Ismail puts the figure at up to 30 per cent.
ERA Asia Pacific associate director Eugene Lim believes that more than half of the PRs arriving over the past few years would still have properties back home.
The curbs could also catch out Singaporean retirees with property offshore that they had bought for rental income or retirement. With strong family ties and business connections here, they might also be looking at buying HDB flats for their frequent visits here.
Now, if they want to buy a resale HDB flat, they will have to dispose their overseas real estate or risk penalties by trying to dodge the new rules.

cashrich
05-09-10, 00:27
Is it really sold out? Just saw an advert today in the classified ST by ATI Real Estate Management Is this subsale?

news... totally unrealiable. as real as they want you to believe.

I recall in primary school times, we always like to use a term "like real!!"

bargain hunter
06-09-10, 12:27
got concierge + hotel they lump together humtum as luxury liao. :doh:

Why called "luxury project" project hah? That place RCR is mid-market only niah.

cashrich
06-09-10, 13:33
got concierge + hotel they lump together humtum as luxury liao. :doh:

luxury means overpriced lah.

august
06-09-10, 16:05
is a bit hard to envision the area as anything near luxury

isaaclim
06-09-10, 20:54
is a bit hard to envision the area as anything near luxury

The price lol...

Condorich
21-09-10, 03:34
The price lol...

LUXURY = Loan Until Xiao Unless Rich Yesterday

DC33_2008
24-07-11, 11:08
Which stage of construction for this development?

dtrax
07-05-13, 19:38
DORSETT RESIDENCES 331 New Bridge Road #03-06 1 69 Strata 1,857,500 26920 2501 23-APR-2013 Apartment 99 Yrs From 07/12/2009 2013 Sub Sale Private 02 08 088764 Central Region Outram

DORSETT RESIDENCES 331 New Bridge Road #03-06 1 69 Strata 1,248,240 18090 1681 04-OCT-2010 Apartment 99 Yrs From 07/12/2009 Uncompleted New Sale Private 02 08 088764 Central Region Outram

600k in 2.5yrs no sweat? howw bargain_hunter are you sexprised? :scared-3: :scared-3:

bargain hunter
07-05-13, 20:23
i m. just last oct, #05-06 sold for 2250psf.

DORSETT RESIDENCES 331 New Bridge Road #03-06 1 69 Strata 1,857,500 26920 2501 23-APR-2013 Apartment 99 Yrs From 07/12/2009 2013 Sub Sale Private 02 08 088764 Central Region Outram

DORSETT RESIDENCES 331 New Bridge Road #03-06 1 69 Strata 1,248,240 18090 1681 04-OCT-2010 Apartment 99 Yrs From 07/12/2009 Uncompleted New Sale Private 02 08 088764 Central Region Outram

600k in 2.5yrs no sweat? howw bargain_hunter are you sexprised? :scared-3: :scared-3:

bargain hunter
07-05-13, 20:26
by the way, u can see from my earlier posts in 2010 in this thread that its one of the few launches which i found not expensive. :ashamed1: :)

dtrax
07-05-13, 20:54
by the way, u can see from my earlier posts in 2010 in this thread that its one of the few launches which i found not expensive. :ashamed1: :)

:D :D haha 2.5k psf shoo scary

SQ008
26-05-13, 21:43
Sigh....to think i almost bought 7 Cantonment Road which is the shophouse just beside the project

Shanhz
18-10-13, 09:31
so anyone knows anybody who bought this devp? how's the rental and tenants like?