PDA

View Full Version : Cityscape @ Farrer Pk (Mergui Road)

Rysk
26-07-10, 12:40
Any information for this upcoming project located at Mergui Road?
Developer?
Design of the condo?
Floor plan of all units?
etc..

Saw they are demolishing the 5 enbloc apartment and at the same time constructing the showflat.

mcmlxxvi
26-07-10, 19:44
All big units. No mm this time.

Rysk
26-07-10, 21:58
Oh good! maybe is worth to take a look when launch.

andyt
29-07-10, 15:45
Project Name :

Cityscape @ Farrer Park

Address :

101 Mergui Road
http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_5656/travel_site_20375/

District :

8 (Kallang planning area – fringe of Thomson & Novena)

Tenure :

Freehold (Estate in Fee Simple)

Land Area :

8,409.7 sqm / 90,522 sqft

Plot Ratio :

Project Description :

1 Tower of 30-storey

Total No. of Units :

No. of Carpark Lots :

250 basement and 3-storey of podium carpark
(To be confirmed)

Developers :

A Joint Venture between IOI Group & Kim Seng Heng Realty Pte Ltd

Architect :

ADDP Architect Pte Ltd

Structure Engineer :

GLT Engineers Pte Ltd

M&E Engineer :

Regional Engineering Pte Ltd

Quantity Surveyor :

BCM Consultants Pte Ltd

Landscape Architect :

Tulin Designs Pte Ltd

Interior Design :

Index Design Pte Ltd

Main Contractor :

To be confirmed

Facilities :

· Clubhouse
· Table Tennis
· Multi-Purpose Room
· Gymnasium
· Steam Room
· 50m Lap Pool
· Kid's Pool
Sun Bathing Deck
· Water Jet Pool
· Poolside BBQ Pavilion
· Tennis Court
· Light Garden
· Thermal Spa with Hot & Cold Jacuzzi
· Dining Pavilion
· Playground

Unit Mix :

2-bedroom: ~ 958 – 980 sqft
2-bedroom (with PES): ~ 1,259
2 + Study: ~ 1,076 – 1,163 sqft
3-bedroom: ~ 1,238 – 1,335 sqft
3-bedroom (with PES): ~ 1,432 – 1,518 sqft
3 + Study: ~ 1,367 sqft
Penthouses: ~ 2,110 – 2,971 sqft

Price expected to be 1350psf on avg , with smaller units asking higher psf.
Preview estimated on Sep/Oct 2010

Will share more when I have more info..

Rysk
29-07-10, 21:15
Good info!

Size of the units is good.. at least no MM units.. wonder how's the design of the condo.

devilplate
29-07-10, 22:26
no wonder oxford suites asking high high now...THEY GONA HUAT LIAO!

Rysk
29-07-10, 22:48
Wat to do!!

The Scala - 99yr leasehold - far away from city already selling like hotcake.. at average $1150psf

Farrer Pk area - F'hold - near city.. at average at $1350psf is understandable lor.

andyt
03-08-10, 18:10
Hi Folks,
I gotten news that avg price will be 1500psf instead of earlier mention 1350psf,from today's briefing.

Marketing agent Knightfrank and Propnex
Above 10 floor to get gd view of City
Official Launch shd be on 1st Oct
VVIP in Sept

devilplate
03-08-10, 18:20
Wat to do!!

The Scala - 99yr leasehold - far away from city already selling like hotcake.. at average $1150psf

Farrer Pk area - F'hold - near city.. at average at $1350psf is understandable lor.

Rysk!!! developer must have read ur post!!! now decide to launch at 1500psf!!!!!!!!!!:spliff:

Scary
03-08-10, 21:44
$1500 psf??? So will this have any effect to the price of surrounding projects like Pristine Height and Oxford Suites?

dnomyarw
03-08-10, 22:09
this project will give a renewed perspective to the surrounding area...

Rysk
03-08-10, 22:11
$1500 psf??? So will this have any effect to the price of surrounding projects like Pristine Height and Oxford Suites?

Looks like price for Pristine Hts and Oxford Suites will increase once Cityscape starts to launch.. esp Pristine Hts, which is just behind this new project.

devilplate
03-08-10, 22:37
Looks like price for Pristine Hts and Oxford Suites will increase once Cityscape starts to launch.. esp Pristine Hts, which is just behind this new project.

the sellers over there cfm up their asking prices after reading this!

Rysk
03-08-10, 22:38
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/1423310/for-sale-pristine-heights

Do you think Pristine Height sellers now selling cheap.. will start increase their asking price once they know Cityscape average is 1500psf on average?

devilplate
03-08-10, 22:42
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/1423310/for-sale-pristine-heights

Do you think Pristine Height sellers now selling cheap.. will start increase their asking price once they know Cityscape is average is 1500psf on average?

haha..this one again:D

Rysk
03-08-10, 22:48
Continue our previous thread here mah..:)

taggy
03-08-10, 23:01

i feel my d8 property is so under price :ashamed1:

Rysk
04-08-10, 07:39
I think at current level, Farrer Pk area is abit under price. Once Cityscape is launched, it will set the benchmark price over at Mergui Rd area

mcmlxxvi
04-08-10, 21:50

http://i2.propertyguru.com.sg/images/thumb/4/0/6/f/406fc52404368_1_V550.jpg
Eeeks Pristine Hts pool got buaya....

Rysk
05-08-10, 12:18
From this photo, I am wondering is a pte pool or common pool...
Got so big meh??

Other project nearby not so big leh..
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/818418/for-sale-vogx

http://cdn.propertyguru.com.sg/images/thumb/d/4/2/b/d42bea1288697_1_V550.jpg

wesing
05-08-10, 12:45
Rysk!!! developer must have read ur post!!! now decide to launch at 1500psf!!!!!!!!!!:spliff:

$1500psf on average for this area:doh: 有影无:scared-1: About the same price as the new D11 launches at Novena and higher than those along Thomson Road leh:D Then it is less than 800 metres from Farrer Park MRT but it is along the NE line. Can't imagine the smallest 2-bedder being snapped up at over 1,600 psf during VVIP preview:tsk-tsk:

Only thing I don't like of this project is that it is too near to Little India. Will have too many foreign workers hanging around the area between the condo and the mrt:doh:

devilplate
05-08-10, 12:56
$1500psf on average for this area:doh: 有影无:scared-1: About the same price as the new D11 launches at Novena and higher than those along Thomson Road leh:D Then it is less than 800 metres from Farrer Park MRT but it is along the NE line. Can't imagine the smallest 2-bedder being snapped up at over 1,600 psf during VVIP preview:tsk-tsk:

Only thing I don't like of this project is that it is too near to Little India. Will have too many foreign workers hanging around the area between the condo and the mrt:doh:

new launches near novena D11 at only 1500psf only? u mus be kidding wor:D

can share which project?:D

Rysk
05-08-10, 12:58

You mean over at City Sq Residence? The one always hv lots of foreign workers hanging ard the condo & is very near to Desker Rd?

As for Cityscape at Mergui Rd, I didn't see the same situation when I usually hv my BKT along Rangoon Rd.. in fact I see lots of S'porean & some chinese foreigners

dnomyarw
05-08-10, 13:13

it is true at the mustafa side...but much more quiet at the Rangoon road, Race Course road side...

mcmlxxvi
05-08-10, 13:28
From this photo, I am wondering is a pte pool or common pool...
Got so big meh??

Other project nearby not so big leh..
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/818418/for-sale-vogx

http://cdn.propertyguru.com.sg/images/thumb/d/4/2/b/d42bea1288697_1_V550.jpg

This your photo is jacuzzi rite... I realised my buaya is in the private pool not public....

wesing
05-08-10, 13:52
new launches near novena D11 at only 1500psf only? u mus be kidding wor:D

can share which project?:D

Sorry lah. The first part of the sentence is not correct lor. Paiseh paiseh for not doing proper research b4 making the statement:ashamed1: :ashamed1:

wesing
05-08-10, 13:53
You mean over at City Sq Residence? The one always hv lots of foreign workers hanging ard the condo & is very near to Desker Rd?

As for Cityscape at Mergui Rd, I didn't see the same situation when I usually hv my BKT along Rangoon Rd.. in fact I see lots of S'porean & some chinese foreigners

Regardless, but may still have the stigma of being too near Little India in the mind of some people.

devilplate
05-08-10, 16:24
Regardless, but may still have the stigma of being too near Little India in the mind of some people.

true...developer cfm try to associate this project with novena mrt rather den farrer park mrt even though its further....

even condos like parc emily also got little india stigma

wesing
05-08-10, 16:40
true...developer cfm try to associate this project with novena mrt rather den farrer park mrt even though its further....

even condos like parc emily also got little india stigma

Probably developer will market it toward certain ethnic groups who may like the location since there are a couple of clubs nearby like Khalsa and Tenneson or something like that.

Is so, lagi no go for me:D

mogyi
11-08-10, 10:33
Avg $1500 psf, really wonder if these are VVIP from public or developer themselves. Suddenly City Square is like a steal at $1490 ... IMHO

wesing
11-08-10, 10:41

Once the main Serangoon Road area get too crowded, the foreign workers will probably overflow into this area also. You may not see too many of them but just a few sitting on the pedestrian walkway/grass patches drinking beer will put off most residents.

Rysk
11-08-10, 12:28
Once the main Serangoon Road area get too crowded, the foreign workers will probably overflow into this area also. You may not see too many of them but just a few sitting on the pedestrian walkway/grass patches drinking beer will put off most residents.

Think is not an issue.. overcrowded foreign workers at City Sq Res can still sell so good price.. so only a few sitting around at Cityscape shld be a better buy..
No wonder developer planning to launch at higher price lor..

Rysk
17-08-10, 10:12
Saw the site plan & flr plan of some units posted on propertyguru..
Looks like all units come with BIG balcony.. so big that even bigger than the master bdrm.

flxcat
17-08-10, 17:46
Sorry lah. The first part of the sentence is not correct lor. Paiseh paiseh for not doing proper research b4 making the statement:ashamed1: :ashamed1:
Believe u still correct to certain extend as u might still be able to get around 1500psf for low floor not much view unit in Soleil IMO

wesing
17-08-10, 22:41
Believe u still correct to certain extend as u might still be able to get around 1500psf for low floor not much view unit in Soleil IMO

Doubt so. Even low level 2-bedders at 368 Thomson (D11 wanabe) already previewed from $1,400:doh: .

flxcat
17-08-10, 22:56
Doubt so. Even low level 2-bedders at 368 Thomson (D11 wanabe) already previewed from $1,400:doh: .

Well guess is still the school of thoughts FH vs LH. So 1400psf for 368 is ok lor :)

nav14
18-08-10, 08:55

You take photos of foreign workers hanging around Kitchener Link where CSR is located & I will give you 1k.
City Square Mall which is lcoated 20 metres from CSR unlike Cityscape has a clientelewhich is 90% Chinese at any time fo the week except for maybe 6 hours (Sunday evening) out of 168 hours in a week.

Cityscape is no comparison to CSR. Wait for Cityscape to be completed and see the rentals it fetch via-a-vis CSR.

If Citscape goes for 1500psf then CSR shoud move up to around 1700psf. Otherwise Cityscape is overpriced.

wesing
18-08-10, 09:48
It is not that we are bad-mouthing condos near Little India. I have only visited CSR once and not been to CSM yet.

But then, bcoz I have visited that area (Serangoon Road) before, the general perception (it may be wrong) that comes straight to my mind is that there will be many foreign workers hanging around that area (although it may not be directly outside your condo).

To some people, they may be uncomfortable with the presence of foreign workers within a 1 km radius:D

Again, it also my perception that CSR may only be popular among South Asians and ang moh but not chinese families.

devilplate
18-08-10, 10:01
It is not that we are bad-mouthing condos near Little India. I have only visited CSR once and not been to CSM yet.

But then, bcoz I have visited that area (Serangoon Road) before, the general perception (it may be wrong) that comes straight to my mind is that there will be many foreign workers hanging around that area (although it may not be directly outside your condo).

To some people, they may be uncomfortable with the presence of foreign workers within a 1 km radius:D

Again, it also my perception that CSR may only be popular among South Asians and ang moh but not chinese families.

i used to laugh at those who bot CSR...but prices proved me wrong:o

apparently, even geylang prices started to rise

anw, so many other areas to invest/stay, dun like just siam lor...:D

Rysk
18-08-10, 10:11
You take photos of foreign workers hanging around Kitchener Link where CSR is located & I will give you 1k.
City Square Mall which is lcoated 20 metres from CSR unlike Cityscape has a clientelewhich is 90% Chinese at any time fo the week except for maybe 6 hours (Sunday evening) out of 168 hours in a week.

Cityscape is no comparison to CSR. Wait for Cityscape to be completed and see the rentals it fetch via-a-vis CSR.

If Citscape goes for 1500psf then CSR shoud move up to around 1700psf. Otherwise Cityscape is overpriced.

Need me to take photo to show you?
I tot you already mentioned lots of foreign workers hanging ard Serangoon area?
But you maybe right.. so I think if Cityscape can sell 1500psf, if will push up the price at CSR

nav14
20-08-10, 09:28
Need me to take photo to show you?
I tot you already mentioned lots of foreign workers hanging ard Serangoon area?
But you maybe right.. so I think if Cityscape can sell 1500psf, if will push up the price at CSR

If you have ever explored the area properly you would surely agree that foreign workers do not hang around every corner of Serangoon Rd and definitely not in the immediate vicinity of CSR and that includes the 6 hours on Sundays when they are most visible.

devilplate
20-08-10, 09:38
they like to hang ard the small park beside CSR

Rysk
20-08-10, 17:13
They also like to hang around just opposite CSR kopitam.. esp. evening & wkend

mogyi
01-09-10, 12:46
so how this project doing? sold out?

Rysk
01-09-10, 20:34
No lah.. think will be launching soon after the 7th mth.. saw the showflat still under renovation when I passby last weekend.

mogyi
02-09-10, 09:54
No lah.. think will be launching soon after the 7th mth.. saw the showflat still under renovation when I passby last weekend.

Now it would be interesting to see if they can still maintain $1500psf
with the so called "cooling" measure .

Rysk
02-09-10, 21:31
Maybe avg is 1300psf.. 1500psf are those 2-bdr units on the very high flr.. I maybe wrong.

bargain hunter
07-09-10, 08:24
From BT today, "The launch of Cityscape by IOI group and Kim Seng Heng Realty will apparently be pushed back because of the market uncertainty. "

cashrich
07-09-10, 08:45
From BT today, "The launch of Cityscape by IOI group and Kim Seng Heng Realty will apparently be pushed back because of the market uncertainty. "

$1300 to $1500 seems to be at the higher end of mass market properties. Mass Market $750 to $1500(max) higher than that?
Mid end $1500 - $2500
High end above $2500

Rysk
07-09-10, 12:04
$1300 to $1500 seems to be at the higher end of mass market properties. Mass Market $750 to $1500(max) higher than that?
Mid end $1500 - $2500
High end above $2500

Farrer Park / Inner City (Dist. 8) / F'hold.. consider mass market??:confused:

bargain hunter
07-09-10, 12:09
personally, i would consider 1300 to 1500psf as mid. 1500 to 2000 as high end, 2000 to 3000 as luxury and > 3000psf as super luxury. but these days, also need to look at quantum and psf wise also probably pushing around 100+psf or more above the upper limits above for each category already.

cityscape should be mid market lah i feel.

Farrer Park / Inner City (Dist. 8) / F'hold.. consider mass market??:confused:

devilplate
07-09-10, 12:18
personally, i would consider 1300 to 1500psf as mid. 1500 to 2000 as high end, 2000 to 3000 as luxury and > 3000psf as super luxury. but these days, also need to look at quantum and psf wise also probably pushing around 100+psf or more above the upper limits above for each category already.

cityscape should be mid market lah i feel.

aiyah....just go according to URA guideline: OCR, RCR, CCR....OCR=mass....RCR=mid, CCR= high end

watever u all want to claim...its all subjective oredi:p

cashrich
07-09-10, 13:39
aiyah....just go according to URA guideline: OCR, RCR, CCR....OCR=mass....RCR=mid, CCR= high end

that's right, its arbitary, it changes with times and policy. Just have a rough sense will do.

But some developer in OCR price then high high also.

Rysk
07-09-10, 14:30

So Cityscape @ Farrer Pk located at Mergui Road is consider OCR=mass mkt??
I think is either RCR or CCR rite?

devilplate
08-09-10, 00:14
So Cityscape @ Farrer Pk located at Mergui Road is consider OCR=mass mkt??
I think is either RCR or CCR rite?

RCR to be exact lor....fringe of CCR if tat makes u happier:D

Rysk
08-09-10, 12:13
RCR to be exact lor....fringe of CCR if tat makes u happier:D

Yeah, this project is RCR.. fringe of CCR Dist 9 & Dist 11.. yet is mins drive to Marina Dist 1

azeoprop
07-10-10, 00:52
Site plan here:
http://www.cityscapeatfarrerpark.com/

Floor plan here:
http://www.virtualhomes.sg/ProjectWebsites/Maroon/FloorPlans.aspx?id=3127

Ultra big balcony, planters and bay windows! :doh:

bargain hunter
07-10-10, 01:10
probably previously approved under the old rules. :doh:

Site plan here:

Floor plan here:

Rysk
07-10-10, 12:11
Site plan here:

Floor plan here:

Base on the flr plan.. the balcony+planter area is almost the size of master rm + master bath rm.. actual build-in is smaller :(

Rysk
07-10-10, 12:13
Site plan here:

Floor plan here:

Base on the flr plan.. the balcony+planter is almost the size of master rm + master bath rm... become actual build-in area is smaller..:(

azeoprop
18-10-10, 10:27
So how was the preview over the weekend? Anybody went down to see? :beats-me-man:

bargain hunter
19-10-10, 08:42
today's BT quote probably explains why no responses to your questions. ;)

"Meanwhile, sales are said to have been tepid at The Cityscape at Farrer, a 250-unit freehold condo at Mergui Road (near Rangoon Road, facing the Central Expressway) by IOI Group and KSH Holdings.
The project was previewed last week and about 15 units are said to have been sold.
Potential buyers may have found the price, understood to be about $1,400 psf on average, steep."

So how was the preview over the weekend? Anybody went down to see? :beats-me-man:

devilplate
19-10-10, 09:29

"Meanwhile, sales are said to have been tepid at The Cityscape at Farrer, a 250-unit freehold condo at Mergui Road (near Rangoon Road, facing the Central Expressway) by IOI Group and KSH Holdings.
The project was previewed last week and about 15 units are said to have been sold.
Potential buyers may have found the price, understood to be about $1,400 psf on average, steep."

MM over at Farrer can sell 13xxpsf....but not normal sized units:rolleyes:

the reporter dun like this project....y highlight it is facing CTE?:D

azeoprop
19-10-10, 22:31
Wow! even at 1300psf, the cheapest 2 bedder will cost at least 1.2mil... no wonder poor sales. :tsk-tsk:

Scary
27-10-10, 09:28
Does anyone has updates on the progress of the sales of this project?

Rysk
27-10-10, 10:47

Is quite sheep at average $1400psf!!
Pristine Hgts beside Cityscape.. eventhrough is not full condo status.. transacted ard $1 to $1.2psf.. big units like 2000sf asking below $900psf

devilplate
27-10-10, 10:49
Is quite sheep at average $1400psf!!
Pristine Hgts beside Cityscape.. eventhrough is not full condo status.. transacted ard $1 to $1.2psf.. big units like 2000sf asking below $900psf

if no baywindows and planters....den 1400psf ok:2cents:

took a 2nd look on the layout....this developer really too greedy:scared-3:

Rysk
27-10-10, 12:04
if no baywindows and planters....den 1400psf ok:2cents:

took a 2nd look on the layout....this developer really too greedy:scared-3:

But anyone guess what is their breakeven..

Scary
27-10-10, 12:31
But anyone guess what is their breakeven..

breakeven at $900 psf?

Rysk
27-10-10, 14:38
breakeven at $900 psf?

I tot is ard $1000psf?
If is $900psf.. developer very greedy loh

devilplate
27-10-10, 14:45
I tot is ard $1000psf?
If is $900psf.. developer very greedy loh

orchard suites (allgreen) largi more greedy....breakeven ard 1kpsf and sell at 2kpsf:D

Rysk
27-10-10, 22:47
orchard suites (allgreen) largi more greedy....breakeven ard 1kpsf and sell at 2kpsf:D

Suites @ Orchard 99-yr LH 2kpsf
Cityscape F'hold (2 km away from Suites @ Orchard) 1.4psf

You choose?:D

Wild Falcon
27-10-10, 23:20
It would have achieved better sales had the developer downsize each unit to 300 sq ft. Wrong strategy.

teddybear
28-10-10, 09:08
Obviously if got money sure buy Suites@Orchard.
No money no choice lah have to buy Cityscape that lousy location even though it is about 2km away but traffic jam all the way to Orchard. :p

teddybear
28-10-10, 09:10
No money no choice lah have to buy Cityscape that lousy location but traffic jam all the way to Orchard (much more than 2km away?) :p

Rysk
28-10-10, 12:52
No money no choice lah have to buy Cityscape that lousy location even though it is about 2km away but traffic jam all the way to Orchard. :p

Don't think will get traffic jam.. cos I ever tried using tat stretch of road during morning & evening peak hour.. from Norfolk rd towards Cavenagh rd / turn right to Bt Timah rd / left to Winstedt rd / turn left towards Paragon.. reach Paragon 5-7mins, didn't see any traffic jam

devilplate
28-10-10, 12:59
Don't think will get traffic jam.. cos I ever tried using tat stretch of road during morning & evening peak hour.. from Norfolk rd towards Cavenagh rd / turn right to Bt Timah rd / left to Winstedt rd / turn left towards Paragon.. reach Paragon 5-7mins, didn't see any traffic jam

hows cityscape sales? very bad still?

teddybear
28-10-10, 15:05
Smack in Balestier, not really a good location over there at Mergui Rd and the place give people a feeling of a bit messy. Traffic to get out onto Norfolk Road is smooth? I am not sure. Balestier Road is real bad and inner area is real bad. Still, $1.4k new one & FH, price Ok lah, better than those OCR selling S$1.2k+ psf and 99LH some more! ;)

Rysk
28-10-10, 22:13
hows cityscape sales? very bad still?

Not sure but tink is slow due to steep in price

Rysk
28-10-10, 22:21
Smack in Balestier, not really a good location over there at Mergui Rd and the place give people a feeling of a bit messy. Traffic to get out onto Norfolk Road is smooth? I am not sure. Balestier Road is real bad and inner area is real bad. Still, $1.4k new one & FH, price Ok lah, better than those OCR selling S$1.2k+ psf and 99LH some more! ;)

Traffic flow is good at Norfolk rd each & everytime I drove past.. maybe in the future when that place is more develop with more & more projects completed.. jam will begin

mogyi
31-10-10, 11:01
Mergui road @ 1.4k psf ? 6 months ago still got chance, now ..... Unless it's FE
Launch, can't see why any developer would price it that way.

mcmlxxvi
31-10-10, 11:47
Mergui road @ 1.4k psf ? 6 months ago still got chance, now ..... Unless it's FE
Thats why my banker told me she almost swatting flies in the showflat there.

Scary
11-11-10, 04:30
Anyone has any update on the progress of the sale?

azeoprop
13-11-10, 14:44
Went to have a look just now (sat afternoon)...really nobody around. Only another pair of customers there. Anyway I enquired the cheapest unit available, #03-08 2 bedder the price is $1335690, 1378psf! :scared-1: No wonder poor sales. :rolleyes:

DC33_2008
13-11-10, 21:15
All the people gone to Lakefront at Jurong.

Rysk
26-11-10, 19:11

CITYSCAPE @FARRER PARK MERGUI ROAD
Condominium
1,810,000 1,346 Strata 1,345psf Nov-10
1,910,070 1,346 Strata 1,420psf Nov-10
1,922,040 1,346 Strata 1,428psf Nov-10

URA website shown, big unit transacted above $1.4psf :scared-5:

azeoprop
27-11-10, 08:49
Today's advertisement say price from 1235psf....hrmmm...price dropping? :beats-me-man:

shauntanzs
27-11-10, 15:00

IOI is rich and KSH has it's own construction arm..
Too greedy in short..

Rysk
27-11-10, 16:13
Today's advertisement say price from 1235psf....hrmmm...price dropping? :beats-me-man:

The word "from".. lowest psf & maybe referring to big PH unit.. if is 3000sf unit.. that will set u back at $3.7m..
The agent quoted me.. a 2-bdr on the highest flr.. is 16xxpsf

mogyi
30-11-10, 13:33
The word "from".. lowest psf & maybe referring to big PH unit.. if is 3000sf unit.. that will set u back at $3.7m..
The agent quoted me.. a 2-bdr on the highest flr.. is 16xxpsf

For this area surrounded by HDB flat, their pricing seems kinda "unconvincing". The sales will truely reflects of the demand for this development. Those early transactions lodged in the caveat could be "inside" sales for propoganda purposes. Let's see after 3 months will they lower the price or close the showroom (FE practice whenever they cant sell at their targeted price)

Rysk
01-12-10, 16:04
Wat to do.. suburban mass mkt.. 99-yr LH.. some even 360 degree surrounded by HDB flat already above 1000psf..
So Cityscape.. inner city mid end mkt.. f'hold.. only south facing is Pek Kio HDB estate..... blah blah blah

devilplate
01-12-10, 16:31
Wat to do.. suburban mass mkt.. 99-yr LH.. some even 360 degree surrounded by HDB flat already above 1000psf..
So Cityscape.. inner city mid end mkt.. f'hold.. only south facing is Pek Kio HDB estate..... blah blah blah

but the location really no gd.....

Rysk
03-12-10, 11:22
but the location really no gd.....

If Cityscape is located the other side of CTE at Novena (D11).. think will be priced at 15XX-19XXpsf.. instead of 1235-16XXpsf (D8)

DC33_2008
03-12-10, 11:29
Wow! Just 25 m from CTE. Too close for comfort. With the widening of CTE, the noise can be unbearable.

Rysk
03-12-10, 11:34
Latest transaction:
Cityscape@FarrerPark
$1517000
1532psf
Nov 10

Rysk
03-12-10, 11:47
Wow! Just 25 m from CTE. Too close for comfort. With the widening of CTE, the noise can be unbearable.

No choice loh..
ADRIA(D11) beside & right infront of CTE widening project
Decent size unit:scared-5:
$2000000 1281sf 1561psf Oct 10
$1825212 1206sf 1514psf Sep 10
$2181536 1270sf 1718psf Aug 10
$2160000 1399sf 1544psf Aug 10
$2247070 1270sf 1769psf Aug 10

devilplate
03-12-10, 12:24
No choice loh..

if not for the CTE, i wud hf bot a 1bedder...i tink initial launch around 13xxpsf..

mogyi
03-12-10, 14:39
No choice loh..

but seriously are you prepare to pay >1500psf for a project at mergui road. i would rather try balloting for D'leedon. The D10 address already
worth more and the area is more cosmopolitan with, maybe, better tenants

Rysk
03-12-10, 16:19
but seriously are you prepare to pay >1500psf for a project at mergui road. i would rather try balloting for D'leedon. The D10 address already
worth more and the area is more cosmopolitan with, maybe, better tenants

I will not opt for D'leedon.. is even way overpriced for a LH property at D10
I would rather go for F'hold at D11.. many units available at this price range of 1500psf

DC33_2008
03-12-10, 16:32
Corona ville near sixth avenue is not a bad FH place. About $1500psf. Must check if there is flooding.

Rysk
03-12-10, 21:18
If flooding is your concern.. go for resale at Pavilion 11 (D11).. on elevated ground.. 2nd floor is like other condos 8th flr.. average 1300-1400psf for very high flr unit for million dollar view over at Marina & Orchard & even east coast seaview

http://i2.propertyguru.com.sg/images/thumb/a/2/a/b/a2aba52884678_1_V75B.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:selectThumbnail(0);)

http://condo.singaporeexpats.com/condo-details-PAVILION-11-AT-NOVENA.htm

azeoprop
04-12-10, 08:09
The swimming pool for this project is a joke, more like a 50m drain than a 50m pool. :doh:

Rysk
04-12-10, 10:10
Quite ok lah..
It is 180 units project, not 600 units project.. moreover is around 10 to 15 pax the more during peak time (cos I was the previous owner there)

Rysk
04-12-10, 10:32
No point have a big pool (with lots of units).. every weekend pack like public pool or country club with lots of auntie & uncle don't know come from where.. just like City Sq Res.. :doh:

devilplate
04-12-10, 10:44
Quite ok lah..
It is 180 units project, not 600 units project.. moreover is around 10 to 15 pax the more during peak time (cos I was the previous owner there)

y u sell? no more room for upside?

Rysk
04-12-10, 11:57
Pavilion 11 all units comes with pte lift & with big balcony.
Mine is a 2-bdr 958sf, & becos of the pte lift, so the build-in area is actually quite small.. & I sold it to take the profit 1st.
Hopefully I have enough budget later, sure will buy a 3-bdr 1485sf unit & move back

devilplate
04-12-10, 16:02
Pavilion 11 all units comes with pte lift & with big balcony.
Mine is a 2-bdr 958sf, & becos of the pte lift, so the build-in area is actually quite small.. & I sold it to take the profit 1st.
Hopefully I have enough budget later, sure will buy a 3-bdr 1485sf unit & move back

u may not buy back at lower psf....

Rysk
04-12-10, 19:57
Maybe, but the price has not increase much unlike some projects closer to Novena MRT like VIVA, Pk Infinia, Soliel, etc. going at 1500-2000psf.. so still have a chance lah.
Pavilion 11 is more quiet with only 180 exclusive units, unlike other big projects..
Most of the wkend only few at the pool.. sometimes angmoh with bikini too:o

mogyi
07-12-10, 10:58
u may not buy back at lower psf....

can lah... just when only. Perhaps when no one in the coffee shop
talks about properties , when the newspaper headlines in about record high unemployment in singapore. Maybe then can get at 1000psf or at developer launch price:scared-4: !

devilplate
07-12-10, 11:06
talks about properties , when the newspaper headlines in about record high unemployment in singapore. Maybe then can get at 1000psf or at developer launch price:scared-4: !

OoOo

nothing is impossible though, i was told tat japan ppty price currently only at 35% of their peak peak!!

I LUV BUBBLE:D

Rysk
07-12-10, 11:50

If there is a chance drop to 1200psf for a very high flr unit.. I grab liao..
won't even wait for launch price.

azeoprop
07-12-10, 13:19
Just had lunch at the Pek Kio market next door to cityscape, yummy giant prawn noodles. :hungry:

sleek
07-12-10, 15:34
Was there too for early lunch too! But somehow, the soup tastes too salty and not rich enough. :D

Just had lunch at the Pek Kio market next door to cityscape, yummy giant prawn noodles. :hungry:

Rysk
07-12-10, 20:15

Yeah, The Big Prawn Noodle stall rite? very good.. the prawn is big & fresh.. very delicious

mogyi
08-12-10, 10:35
Yeah, The Big Prawn Noodle stall rite? very good.. the prawn is big & fresh.. very delicious

ya ya... i like that too, but my fav is still east coast road prawn noodle

devilplate
08-12-10, 10:36

how about the one at lavender food ctr?

Rysk
08-12-10, 11:41

Think almost 3 yrs didn't go east coast one.. use to go last time.

yukiari
15-12-10, 12:23
How about Clydes Residence ? saw lately they advertise about $1300 psf. is it too high for the area?

bargain hunter
15-12-10, 12:49
only 1 unit sold at 1573psf in nov. 218 units left.

azeoprop
11-07-11, 22:33
Any idea what happened to this project? Scrapped already? :rolleyes:

12-07-11, 09:33
Any idea what happened to this project? Scrapped already? :rolleyes:

Maybe they are in the process of changing the name to Cityscrapped :D

devilplate
12-07-11, 09:46
Maybe they are in the process of changing the name to Cityscrapped :D
Owners entitled to parf rebate anot? Hehe

Rysk
12-07-11, 10:30
I notice is very quiet whenever I drove pass the project.. either the showflat is locked or only a few agent standby.. sales has been very slow for this project

wesing
12-07-11, 11:08
I notice is very quiet whenever I drove pass the project.. either the showflat is locked or only a few agent standby.. sales has been very slow for this project

Always see a big crowd there when drove pass every sunday morning:eek: I mean the bakutei store:D

azeoprop
23-07-11, 16:42
Update 23rd July 2011. :rolleyes:

jezz
24-07-11, 12:44
Update 23rd July 2011. :rolleyes:
Looks very unblocked. R the 1bed sold out?

DC33_2008
24-07-11, 12:56
Just 140m from CTE. Any issue with noise here?

azeoprop
24-07-11, 16:45
Looks very unblocked. R the 1bed sold out?

There is no 1 bedder for this development, smallest 2 bedder is stack 8 969sqft. All above 1 mil.

:scared-3:

Rysk
24-07-11, 17:40
Just 140m from CTE. Any issue with noise here?

This project is just side by side with the CTE, so the air quality is bad.. as you already know..
"Immune System deteriorate with time. With money cannot enjoy life and need to carry an oxygen tank around":D

wesing
25-07-11, 00:05
This project is just side by side with the CTE, so the air quality is bad.. as you already know..
"Immune System deteriorate with time. With money cannot enjoy life and need to carry an oxygen tank around":D

Near expressway = bad choice, away from expressway in a quiet area = neither here nor there and must own a car, too near mrt = very noisy and neighborhood tend to be crowded, perfect location = too high psf:D :D

ai p, ai chee, ai tua niap nee, ai tua wa yee, ai kun lor pi:D :D

azeoprop
11-09-11, 20:47
Got a sms saying this project will be relaunched on 17th Sept, price from 12xxpsf.

:rolleyes:

thomastansb
12-09-11, 09:26
Maybe 1000 psf may attract more buyers. The location isn't really too ideal..

No MRT, beside CTE, limited amenities.

Got a sms saying this project will be relaunched on 17th Sept, price from 12xxpsf.

azeoprop
12-09-11, 10:36
When I was there last time the cheapest unit available, #03-08 2 bedder the price was $1335690, 1378psf. Lets see how much discounts they give this time.

xebay11
13-09-11, 12:33
Maybe 1000 psf may attract more buyers. The location isn't really too ideal..

No MRT, beside CTE, limited amenities.

Farrer Park MRT is walking distance, so is City Square Mall. Inside facing units are good.

devilplate
13-09-11, 12:39
Farrer Park MRT is walking distance, so is City Square Mall. Inside facing units are good.

dun tink its near enough.....

quite far for my standard

walking towards mrt is not a pleasant walk especially during the evening if u noe wat i mean

thomastansb
13-09-11, 15:52
Maybe I lazy. To me, too far for everyday walking. My walking distance to MRT is like CSR.

Rysk
13-09-11, 17:05

The distance to walk to Farrer Pk MRT is like almost 500m via Rangoon Road.. 1/2km:scared-5:

azeoprop
13-09-11, 18:14

Got any pricing info? Still all above 1mil? :beats-me-man:

Laguna
16-09-11, 21:14
visited today
price ave is $1300
so so project....

azeoprop
16-09-11, 22:22
visited today
price ave is $1300
so so project....

Still so ex with big balcony, hopefully still poor sales and lower price some more. :rolleyes:

Laguna
17-09-11, 09:59
The sales hv been poor
only about 50 units sold

ecimbew
17-09-11, 12:11
Still so ex with big balcony, hopefully still poor sales and lower price some more. :rolleyes:

The balcony+planter area is really larger than the master bedroom!

All the floor plans!! hmm the images are very clear. Probably from the original file. It's not even from PDF!

http://cityscape-farrerpark.blogspot.com/p/floor-plans.html

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_VBQ96Au8Geg/TKcwX8bCcBI/AAAAAAAAAD4/ij9vFGEl0rU/s1600/Floorplan-2+Bed+Room+A1.png

ecimbew
17-09-11, 12:36
http://www.ura.gov.sg/dc/mp2008/images/mp39.jpg

azeoprop
17-09-11, 14:17
A high floor stack 8 will have very nice view...too bad psf too high and balcony too big. :beats-me-man:

ecimbew
17-09-11, 14:44
Ya! Just saw Straits Times and they have a full page ad. Says prices start from $1235 psf. Watch closely for new launches at Bendemeer and Bishan. If it's more than this, then maybe it is worth it.

Rysk
17-09-11, 14:45
If I have a unit there. I will shift my sofa set, TV & console to the balcony:D to cover up the wastage.. cos the balcony is really too big:doh:

Rysk
17-09-11, 14:48
Ya! Just saw Straits Times and they have a full page ad. Says prices start from $1235 psf. Watch closely for new launches at Bendemeer and Bishan. If it's more than this, then maybe it is worth it.

Heard the breakeven for the Bendemeer project is 1.2k.. so maybe this LH project will be going for $1300psf up..

ecimbew
17-09-11, 14:50
High floor stack 8 is not bad but the side is west facing.

http://www.uob.com.sg/assets/images/promotions/uob-property-launch-cityscape-farrer-siteplan.jpg

ecimbew
17-09-11, 14:53
Check out this picture.
Can you tell me what is wrong? Hahaha

http://www.thecityscape.sg/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/image4.jpg

ecimbew
17-09-11, 14:55
Heard the breakeven for the Bendemeer project is 1.2k.. so maybe this LH project will be going for $1300psf up..

You mean cityscape is LH? No la, it is FH.

Rysk
17-09-11, 15:34
You mean cityscape is LH? No la, it is FH.

No, I mean the Bendemeer project is a LH maybe going from 1300psf while SC is FH going from 1235psf

Rysk
17-09-11, 15:35
Check out this picture.

This is a view expecting from Mezzo.. not Cityscape

azeoprop
17-09-11, 16:02
This photo view is facing north, the sun set/rise from the north. Also the fire works seems to come from toa payoh haa haa haa.

:p

sleek
17-09-11, 16:10
View of HDB-scape! :D

Check out this picture.

DC33_2008
17-09-11, 16:43
Only 70m from the busy CTE expressway. Do buy those facing it Will regret like those at the Arte which are facing PIE. quote=Laguna]The sales hv been poor
only about 50 units sold[/quote]

Jonathan0503
17-09-11, 22:21
If I have a unit there. I will shift my sofa set, TV & console to the balcony:D to cover up the wastage.. cos the balcony is really too big:doh:

Make sure you rain proof your sofa, tv and console

Rysk
18-09-11, 13:29
Make sure you rain proof your sofa, tv and console

I can make a bi-fold full glass panel just before the edge of the planter box.. if rain I just close it.

ay123
20-09-11, 12:21
how is this project? anyone can share? have not go down to see but looking at price seem quite good buy

mogyi
20-09-11, 13:11
I can make a bi-fold full glass panel just before the edge of the planter box.. if rain I just close it.

wouldn't that affect the facade? i doubt it will be allow

Rysk
20-09-11, 15:14
wouldn't that affect the facade? i doubt it will be allow

Have to buy the highest floor & wait till after CSC.. do some "ali baba job" nobody knows.
Anyway is removeable so if ask to take out just take out lor..

The apartment beside SC, Pristine Hgts some owner already did some extension into their balcony.. the mgmt also lan lan already.. haha

azeoprop
16-10-11, 16:32
Update 16th Oct 2011. :)

ecimbew
16-10-11, 20:14
The super small and thin black block on the top right hand corner is Vetro. Inbelievablely thin

azeoprop
16-10-11, 20:47
The super small and thin black block on the top right hand corner is Vetro. Inbelievablely thin

waaa...so small u also can notice haa haa....:p

:not-worthy:

azeoprop
17-10-11, 20:15
No sales recorded for the month of Sept....:rolleyes:

More discounts coming soon? :p

rattydrama
23-10-11, 23:55
No sales recorded for the month of Sept....:rolleyes:

More discounts coming soon? :p

sell in bulk to far east and re-launch..

eminor82
05-11-11, 10:00
anyone has any updates for this project?

azeoprop
11-12-11, 08:03
This one confirm doomed liaoz haa haa....Poor sales to start with and now with CM5. 2 bedder 600k anymore? :D

hyenergix
11-12-11, 08:16
This one confirm doomed liaoz haa haa....Poor sales to start with and now with CM5. 2 bedder 600k anymore? :D

Yeah, very bad sales: Confirmed + Chop big discount in 2-3 months' time.

mcmlxxvi
11-12-11, 09:07
Built until what level liao? Ground? Two?

azeoprop
11-12-11, 09:39
maybe not enough funds to continue construction liaoz haa haa... :D

Rysk
11-12-11, 09:44
Built until what level liao? Ground? Two?

NB! I think still doing ground level only..:D

Rysk
11-12-11, 09:52
Does anyone knows what the hack is this shown in the URA caveats?

CITYSCAPE @FARRER PARK 9 units $15,475,000 10,366sf $1,493psf Nov-10
CITYSCAPE @FARRER PARK 9 units $15,751,000 10,366sf $1,520psf Nov-10

mcmlxxvi
11-12-11, 10:05
Does anyone knows what the hack is this shown in the URA caveats?

CITYSCAPE @FARRER PARK 9 units $15,475,000 10,366sf $1,493psf Nov-10
CITYSCAPE @FARRER PARK 9 units $15,751,000 10,366sf $1,520psf Nov-10
Developer own self buy 9 units at high psf to jack up the price/valuation? Kekeke

hyenergix
11-12-11, 10:07
NB! I think still doing ground level only..:D

Sounds like developer is running low on cash...

bargain hunter
15-12-11, 13:28
3 more sold in nov at 1478psf median. total 56 sold.

azeoprop
15-03-12, 13:30
This project condamned liao? :rolleyes:

bargain hunter
15-03-12, 13:41
ZERO sold in feb. coz they din advertise also?

This project condamned liao? :rolleyes:

azeoprop
15-03-12, 20:47
sell 800psf then can consider haa haa...ultra big balcony and bay windows. :p

hyenergix
15-03-12, 20:49
ZERO sold in feb. coz they din advertise also?

Zero sales in the month of Feb mega sales... can start cutting price already.

azeoprop
15-05-12, 21:07
ZERO sales in April....this project is doomed! 800psf please. :rolleyes:

rattydrama
15-05-12, 21:14
ZERO sales in April....this project is doomed! 800psf please. :rolleyes:

cut before 18 May 12 perhaps. Maybe there is surprises for you. :p ..wat so good about this project that you are willing to part 800psf?

CP5211
16-05-12, 14:11
cut before 18 May 12 perhaps. Maybe there is surprises for you. :p ..wat so good about this project that you are willing to part 800psf?

Hi, could somebody kindly enlighten why this project is not moving? Based on URA Arpil data, only 75 out of the total 250 units are launched and out of this 75, only 56 units sold.:confused:

carbuncle
16-05-12, 16:35
Hi, could somebody kindly enlighten why this project is not moving? Based on URA Arpil data, only 75 out of the total 250 units are launched and out of this 75, only 56 units sold.:confused:

Dunno... maybe relaunch after obtaining TOP... wakaka... hidden GEM

CP5211
16-05-12, 19:25
Dunno... maybe relaunch after obtaining TOP... wakaka... hidden GEM
Thanks Carbuncle. Expected TOP is 2015. I thought at least the project should move since it is RCR and FH.

bargain hunter
16-05-12, 22:05
but i thought i saw an advert one or two weeks back for this project? :confused:

bargain hunter
15-06-12, 14:23
huttons took over the marketing of this project recently i think.

even then, lost their magic, 6 sold in may at 1426psf median. 188 units to go.

GORDON
18-06-12, 23:24
developer can't get basics right
-bedroom window 75%fixed panel only 25% can slide open
-kitchen window face into dark recess
-balcony very big
-some units get partial view of opposite kitchen n aircon compressor

easteast
19-06-12, 04:06
developer can't get basics right
-bedroom window 75%fixed panel only 25% can slide open
-kitchen window face into dark recess
-balcony very big
-some units get partial view of opposite kitchen n aircon compressor

i think most of the singapore developer and architect really cannot make it...all no brain ,no common sense.

Vincegoh
20-06-12, 13:39
they doing another re-launch... high chance of top in dec 2014 according to agent.

still thinking whether to go to his "vvip party" this sat. if really so much wastage of space then abit redundant. :doh:

insigina
20-06-12, 13:58
i think most of the singapore developer and architect really cannot make it...all no brain ,no common sense.

Agree. So long as they are not staying there, they have no vested interested so anyhow draw lor

teddybear
21-06-12, 00:04
Wrong answer!
Real answer: They are too clever, see that big big balcony, free space to sell yet not in GFA! You see which developers & architects no brain and don't optimize the 10% free balcony space given to them? Same for all the weird designs, all make to maximize spaces to sell and not for your comfortable living! Same for using all glass walls rather than concrete!

Developers motto: Build properties to optimize saleable space at least costs, irregardless of design (inaccessible planter areas, super big inaccessible air-con ledges, segregated balcony areas, they like giving you private lifts that are really not private at all(!), etc), materials (cheapest possible), and liveability (not important at all)!

Wild Falcon
21-06-12, 16:19
I must say i really hate some of the "private" lifts. Its not private at all and then every unit still shares the same lift and after come out from "private lift" still got a door with grills. Sibei bo liao. And worst still, the area just outisde the private lift is so cramped and smelly and no windows and zero natural airflow or ventilation, and can only smell the shoes of the owner. Sibei unglam.

bargain hunter
16-07-12, 14:06
5 sold at 1353psf median in june.

azeoprop
07-08-12, 21:36
Got the full page advert on Sunday. 12xxpsf. But all still above 1 mil. :scared-3:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project-listings/cityscape-at-farrer-park-2670?sort=price&order=asc

bargain hunter
15-08-12, 13:43
9 more sold in jul at 1393psf median.

azeoprop
15-08-12, 23:44
Still so expensive! :doh:

azeoprop
17-09-12, 16:07
Suddenly got 23 sold in August , median 1384psf! :scared-3:

Property-NewLaunch
14-12-12, 10:18
http://www.property-newlaunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Cityscape-Facade-View.png

http://www.property-newlaunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Cityscape-Interior.png

Cityscape @ Farrer Park (http://www.property-newlaunch.com/cityscape-farrer-park/)

Spacious 2+Study unit.

Call Direct Developer Sales Team at 61001778 or register at Cityscape @ Farrer Park (http://www.property-newlaunch.com/cityscape-farrer-park/) to enjoy a GREAT discount from developer!!

An innovation that lets you experience the best of modern living which boasts a convenient location that puts all of Singapore within easy reach!

- Choice unit types of 2 / 2+1 / 3 /3+1 bedroom and 4 bedroom penthouses!
- Good living space from 969 to 3,003 sqft!
- Panoramic city view!
- Less than 700m walk to Farrer Park MRT Station!
- Freehold!!!
- Minutes drive to Velocity @ Novena Square!
- Minutes drive to Orchard shopping belt!
- Reputable schools within vicinity!
- Limited units up for grabs!

Regards,
Property-NewLaunch (http://www.property-newlaunch.com/)

Rysk
14-12-12, 10:49
http://www.property-newlaunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Cityscape-Facade-View.png

http://www.property-newlaunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Cityscape-Interior.png

Cityscape @ Farrer Park (http://www.property-newlaunch.com/cityscape-farrer-park/)

Spacious 2+Study unit.

Call Direct Developer Sales Team at 61001778 or register at Cityscape @ Farrer Park (http://www.property-newlaunch.com/cityscape-farrer-park/) to enjoy a GREAT discount from developer!!

Property-NewLaunch (http://www.property-newlaunch.com/)
Call Direct Developer Sales Team to enjoy a GREAT discount???
I don't mind at 1.3k psf for a 958sf very high flr unit lor

auroraborealis
14-12-12, 11:07
your price quote for real bro?

Call Direct Developer Sales Team to enjoy a GREAT discount???
I don't mind at 1.3k psf for a 958sf very high flr unit lor

Rysk
14-12-12, 11:52
your price quote for real bro?
Of course real lah bro!! Very reasonable offer right??

auroraborealis
14-12-12, 12:12
yah, too late
Called to check, only 2+S left
No more too 2br

This is the problem of not being in the mkt cos no active plans to buy
So become lazy, now lose opportunity :banghead:

Of course real lah bro!! Very reasonable offer right??

wendytan
14-12-12, 12:41
Many indian / bangalah.....near that FARRER area on weekends ! :doh:

Rysk
14-12-12, 13:30

But the problem is.. The price City Sq Res with over 10x times more indian/banga.. cost more than the quiet side of Cityscape over at Mergui Rd :D

auroraborealis
14-12-12, 14:34
that's near Flanders sq, far from this site which's nearer moulmein

Property-NewLaunch
11-01-13, 17:13
uppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

vsk
26-01-13, 18:25
Hi,

The cityscape price doesnt seem to drop..Will the recent property cooling measures,bring the price down ?..

Is it advisable to buy now ?

Doom
27-01-13, 08:17
The developer bought the land cheap and can afford to wait out. But if there are no takers at all over next 3 months, we shall see. Worth holding on. It's going to be buyers' market.

Hi,

The cityscape price doesnt seem to drop..Will the recent property cooling measures,bring the price down ?..

Is it advisable to buy now ?

Rysk
27-01-13, 12:51
The developer bought the land cheap and can afford to wait out. But if there are no takers at all over next 3 months, we shall see. Worth holding on. It's going to be buyers' market.

NB! You dunno just say dunno lah..
Developer where got bought the "land"??.. It was an enbloc deal lah..

The deal was not cheap.. that's why even after so many months.. this developer die die hold on to its asking price lah!! :D

Doom
28-01-13, 07:43
To someone ignorant and yet try to be worldly wise, this is the official definition which I have extracted for you:

"Land is a very important component in any property transaction. To acquire land for a project, property developers have two main sources to turn to. The first source is to buy public land from the government via GLS program. The second source is to purchase private land from existing owners via the en-bloc process. Hence, developers who wish to profit from housing demand in locations that have little (or no) public land for sale would have to turn to en-bloc deals."

SO is en-bloc deal not the same as buying land?? NB!

NB! You dunno just say dunno lah..
Developer where got bought the "land"??.. It was an enbloc deal lah..

The deal was not cheap.. that's why even after so many months.. this developer die die hold on to its asking price lah!! :D

Doom
28-01-13, 07:48
I am indeed shocked that for someone who had made 1,500+ posts in this forum, and has made many cryptic comments . . . and yet is totally ignorant about what is en bloc vis-a-vis buying land? Friend, you can buy land from the government or from private home owners! The latter is usually termed en-bloc. Understand??

Doom
28-01-13, 08:21
Yeah, forgot to add . . . final word on this for the Ignoramus. The en bloc deal was concluded in 2007. The quantum is in public domain, do you think 2007 land prices can be higher than today's land prices? So on hindsight, the developer did have a good deal. In fact, a very good deal!

Rysk
28-01-13, 08:24
Wow!! So knowledgeable on this project..
Please provide somemore.. so what is the "breakeven price" to sell for this project?? :D

Doom
28-01-13, 08:36
En-bloc for 5 walk-up apartment projects:

Norfolk Court/Mergui Lodge/Northern Mansion/Mergui Court/The Mergui
- $526ppr

I guess one can work out the sums, my guess is they are sitting on good profits with $1,350++psf.

A friend of mine was staying at Mergui lodge. She could have bought a Novena condo for $800psf then with the money she got. Instead, she bought a HDB and lives to regret that decision.

Wow!! So knowledgeable on this project..
Please provide somemore.. so what is the "breakeven price" to sell for this project?? :D

Rysk
28-01-13, 08:43

- $526ppr

I guess one can work out the sums, my guess is they are sitting on good profits with $1,350++psf.

A friend of mine was staying at Mergui lodge. She could have bought a Novena condo for $800psf then with the money she got. Instead, she bought a HDB and lives to regret that decision.

Thanks for the info!!
Last time even heard the breakeven is like 1.2k+ psf.. not sure is correct..
But seeing the developer keep advertising from 1.3k psf.. I think around $1.2k+ psf is their breakeven price.. I think

Rysk
28-01-13, 08:49

- $526ppr

Novena condo now already over 2 times of the $800psf.. she must be :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Doom
28-01-13, 08:57
You're right about that!

Actually Cityscape is a good project. Still eyeing it. If price drops . . .

Freehold. Over 90,000 sqft land, only 250 units.

Compared with Bartley Residence, 200,000sft land, 700+ units. Eight Riversuites 200,000sft land, 800+ units.

Some units face CTE, so you get noise. But location-wise, it's not bad. City fringe. Walk to Farrer Park MRT, 8 minutes.

Novena condo now already over 2 times of the $800psf.. she must be :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Rysk
28-01-13, 09:52
You're right about that!

Actually Cityscape is a good project. Still eyeing it. If price drops . . .

Freehold. Over 90,000 sqft land, only 250 units.

Compared with Bartley Residence, 200,000sft land, 700+ units. Eight Riversuites 200,000sft land, 800+ units.

Some units face CTE, so you get noise. But location-wise, it's not bad. City fringe. Walk to Farrer Park MRT, 8 minutes.

Initially nobody were interested due to its location (even through is city fringe).. cos is at the end of Mergui Road..

When OCR 99-LH projects selling at above $1.2k psf.. & price continue to climb.. suddenly ppl begin to show interest in city-fringe project.. which incl. Cityscape towards Q4 last year

azeoprop
28-01-13, 10:13
But the layout cmi, ultra big balcony with planters, bay windows all over, long and useless passage way from main entrance. :scared-3:

The only plus point are the small a/c ledges :rolleyes:

Rysk
28-01-13, 10:47
But the layout cmi, ultra big balcony with planters, bay windows all over, long and useless passage way from main entrance. :scared-3:

The only plus point are the small a/c ledges :rolleyes:

Ya! what I don't like is the SUPER BIG balcony.. almost the size of a masterbdrm + the bathroom

But the city view should be very nice if you take the high floor unit

Doom
28-01-13, 12:20
There are Pros and Cons for sure. If Cityscape very high floor 1.5kpsf vs EightRS also 1.5kpsf, then there will be takers for Cityscape FH and D8, and walking distance to 2 MRTs. And 1km to SJI Jnr etc etc

GORDON
28-01-13, 21:01
in the bedrooms, 70% of the windows are fixed panel glass and you can only open the rest of 30%

the kitchen of 2 bedroom units may not sufficient light as theirs windows face a recess area

Doom
29-01-13, 08:37
Wow u guys are really detailed. Have not been looking at projects with such a fine tooth comb. Guess that's the way to go. Guess that's why people often go with tried and tested, been-there-done-that developers who give people what they need, what they want.

vsk
03-02-13, 09:12
hi,

we are looking to purchase a pte apt/condo for our own stay. we prefer to be around farrer park area.

understand that cityscape units which are selling at 1.5 m, are facing CTE (low floor)..

we looked at couple of other options in kerrisdale , kentish court etc.,

we liked kentish court, because the surrounding area is calm and not much crowd. But the price of this 12 year old apt, is also 1.5 m.

i feel kerrisdale has too many units and is bit crowded, but its only 6 year old..

A friend of mine told me they purchased 1.6 mil private property and sold it only for 800K around the farrer park area. Not sure at what time in singapore, the private property prices fluctuated so much..

I'm am bit worried, whether the private property prices willd drop so much in the future..

Is it worthwhile to buy a 12 year old. apt or buy the CTE facing low floor cityscape?

GORDON
03-02-13, 17:29
now is the time to get your bargain unit
offer a low price , 30% below asking, and let the owner sweat it out
be prepared to walk away
you can wait until 2015 for the glut of units to materialize

cityscapes has sold only 60% of their units

also besides cityscape ,
another developer
has enbloced the whole row of low rise houses @ mergui road
probably waiting to launch next year

dont rush

Arcachon
03-02-13, 17:54
hi,

we are looking to purchase a pte apt/condo for our own stay. we prefer to be around farrer park area.

understand that cityscape units which are selling at 1.5 m, are facing CTE (low floor)..

we liked kentish court, because the surrounding area is calm and not much crowd. But the price of this 12 year old apt, is also 1.5 m.

i feel kerrisdale has too many units and is bit crowded, but its only 6 year old..

A friend of mine told me they purchased 1.6 mil private property and sold it only for 800K around the farrer park area. Not sure at what time in singapore, the private property prices fluctuated so much..

I'm am bit worried, whether the private property prices willd drop so much in the future..

Is it worthwhile to buy a 12 year old. apt or buy the CTE facing low floor cityscape?

I brought Southbank 2 Bedroom for SGD 535,000 in Jun 2006.

After they print money with QE1, QE2, QE3 unlimited (USD 85 Billion a month)

Guess the price of a 2 Bedroom at Southbank.

It is good to dream of price to drop to pre-QE but ask yourself is it possible.

Arcachon
03-02-13, 18:02
be prepared to walk away

also besides cityscape ,
another developer

dont rush

You are right don't rush, at USD 85 Billion a month there are lot of money flying around.

Arcachon
03-02-13, 18:20
http://www.vanguardblog.com/2012.07.30/the-outlook-for-bonds-and-what-to-do-about-it.html

What happen when share price go up.

https://www.google.com/finance?chdnp=1&chdd=1&chds=1&chdv=1&chvs=maximized&chdeh=0&chfdeh=0&chdet=1359890368502&chddm=979064&chls=IntervalBasedLine&q=INDEXDJX:.DJI&ntsp=0&ei=vUcOUcnDNYqmwAO5TQ

People feel rich, next they want to buy property.

Property supply limited due to SSD for 4 yrs.

Guess what next.

danguard
03-02-13, 18:58
be prepared to walk away

also besides cityscape ,
another developer

dont rush

I am also patiently waiting for city scape to show its next move as its top draws near heh

vsk
03-02-13, 19:38
All,

Thanks for the suggestions so far..

my case is bit different, because i'm staying now in a rental place currently..

So am thinking might as well buy quickly, so i dont waste money with the rentals.

So that's why i'm thinking whether its worth while to wait for cityscape or buy something else immediately.

cityscape told they will finish by 3Q next year..I feel brand new is always better than old

Will the 12 year old kentish court depreciate so much, if we sell after 5 to 6 years.?.'cos i feel i'm wasting money with the rentals now.

Arcachon
03-02-13, 20:06
All,

Thanks for the suggestions so far..

my case is bit different, because i'm staying now in a rental place currently..

So am thinking might as well buy quickly, so i dont waste money with the rentals.

So that's why i'm thinking whether its worth while to wait for cityscape or buy something else immediately.

cityscape told they will finish by 3Q next year..I feel brand new is always better than old

Will the 12 year old kentish court depreciate so much, if we sell after 5 to 6 years.?.'cos i feel i'm wasting money with the rentals now.

It good to stay in your own place and reduce your mortgage than to help other pay theirs. White paper, Black paper is for people on the sideline who are are undecided. When it come to property, buy when you can afford and not look at White paper, Black paper and cry father, cry mother.

Doom
03-02-13, 20:15
VSK: If you cannot wait, then try and make an offer that while not ridiculous is in keeping with current downward trend. Bulls will tell you otherwise, but yes, it's definitely buyer's market for resale. You can start by looking at last couple of transactions for Kentish Court based on caveats lodged, which translate to about 1kpsf. So the two-bedders there are about $1m, and the three-bedders about $1.3m. Go for at least 15% lower. Should not be $1.5m. I too live in Farrer Park - Kentish Court is slightly better than Kentish Green, but both are 99 yr LH, and so-so at best. Cityscape is FH, definitely can't get it at 1kpsf. Low floor $1.3kpsf and high floor 1.5kpsf. Unless you wait and see if developer will hold current prices, again as has been advised.

Invest
04-02-13, 00:09
I think you can consider city square residences,south bank or Citylights.these 3 projects hold well and the rental is solid and as easy as abc.the sports hub also coming up soon,I am sure the price will be even better after that.
hi,

vsk
05-02-13, 12:08
hi,
the Kentish court 3 bed room - 1.3 m
is this a good buy?
is it possible for this to be enbloc Ed ?
currently this apt is already 12 years old.
if at all if they en bloc , after how long this would happen ?
we are looking for own stay

jordax
30-05-13, 15:34
Hey! do u know what the plans are for the recent en bloc of low rise on mergui road? heard the row of shops along Rangoon rd also en bloc recently? (next to the city scape showroom)

be prepared to walk away

also besides cityscape ,
another developer

dont rush

azeoprop
25-07-13, 15:45
Update 25th July 2013.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7401/9364626276_562b4cdba4_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/83477613@N08/9364626276/)
DSC01246 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/83477613@N08/9364626276/) by AzeoP (http://www.flickr.com/people/83477613@N08/), on Flickr

mcmlxxvi
25-07-13, 20:28
wow ... ...

azeoprop
25-07-13, 21:15
Should be looking good like montebleu in the background next time. :D

azeoprop
30-04-14, 15:37
Update 30th April 2014. :D

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5236/13885378778_bd9e0f0148_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/na1cmo)DSC05042 (https://flic.kr/p/na1cmo) by azeoprop (https://www.flickr.com/people/10097051@N00/), on Flickr

donald83
19-02-18, 07:38
Any idea why the prices of Cityscape still remain suppressed?