Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Glyndebourne @ Dunearn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Another prefer high plot ratio with double the population person. Nothing wrong with that. Just that if you prefer double the population on the same plot, just ask yourself are you going to get double the car park space or double the tennis court etc. That is why I always say, you must still look at the plot relative to the population. On a small plot, if you have double the population or density, then the likelihood of not getting enough parking lots or booking your facilities is higher. If you have 2 cars or more and really use facilities, you will understand. But if hubby and wife everyday stick together and share car then nevermind. 178k sq ft is a small plot. And 40% of a small plot will always be small. But imagine if the plot size is 400k, then 40% of 400k will have room to do a lot of things, provided it is not too dense. So , the CRITICAL FACTOR is the PLOT SIZE, not the plot ratio. Plot ratio merely means you're squeezing more people into the same plot of land which WILL have more constraints on car parks etc. Yes, I know you're going to say some is airspace and creating more airspace does not create constraints on the ground. Really? Just think about it.

If you like high density development, so be it. But don't put down on low density ones which are more likely to accord more parking space, better ability to book facilities etc.

I am not defending this development. You should just go to take a look before judging the development will be crowded with insufficient common facilities or parking or whatever.
    just look at the stellar and clementi woods, both of which have a plot ratio of 1.4. Residents in either development live so close to each other, they are like sandines.

but when you look at carabelle and botannia, the same plot ratio, but spacing between blocks is a lot bigger, and much better facicilites. why the difference? the height limit at botannia and carabelle is 12 stories, vs. 5 at cw and the stellar.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    just look at the stellar and clementi woods, both of which have a plot ratio of 1.4. Residents in either development live so close to each other, they are like sandines.

but when you look at carabelle and botannia, the same plot ratio, but spacing between blocks is a lot bigger, and much better facicilites. why the difference? the height limit at botannia and carabelle is 12 stories, vs. 5 at cw and the stellar.
    I thought a plot ratio of 1.4 meant a height limit of 5 stories? So how does botannia and carabelle get 12 stories?

shd be 1.6

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

ClementiWoods:
    Site Area 215,951 sq ft
    Total No of Units 240
    Tenure 99 Years wef 7 Feb 2006
    Description Condominium housing development comprising of 6 blocks of 5 storey flats with basement carpark

Didn't realize ClementiWoods has such a big site area! Despite the 215,951 sqft land, there are 6 blocks and I felt so cramped when I was there. The blocks facing each other are too close for comfort! Yet based on theoretical calculation, each unit is entitled to an ave land size of about 900 sqft! Yet, I see so little free land and facilities!

In contrast, go see Park Infinia:
    Site area : about 234k sqft
    Total number of units : 486
    3 blocks of 30-storeys.
    Each unit is entitle to ave land size of about 481 sqft only (only half of ClementiWoods!).
    Yet, when I go in there, I felt the place is so spacious (as compared to ClementiWoods), and it has 2 tennis courts, ample car park spaces, Olympic size swimming pool (vs small pool in ClementiWoods) and more facilities than ClementiWoods!

The very distinct difference between the 2 (although land size about the same) are:
    ClementiWoods: plot ratio 1.4, total units 240
    Park Infinia: plot ratio 2.8, total units 486 (more than double of ClementiWoods!)

But each unit share of the land for CW is 899sqft whereas PI is 481sqft.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    ClementiWoods:
    Site Area 215,951 sq ft
    Total No of Units 240
    Description Condominium housing development comprising of 6 blocks of 5 storey flats with basement carpark

Didn't realize ClementiWoods has such a big site area! Despite the 215,951 sqft land, there are 6 blocks and I felt so cramped when I was there. The blocks facing each other are too close for comfort! Yet based on theoretical calculation, each unit is entitled to an ave land size of about 900 sqft! Yet, I see so little free land and facilities!

3 blocks of 30-storeys.
    Each unit is entitle to ave land size of about 481 sqft only (only half of ClementiWoods!).
    Yet, when I go in there, I felt the place is so spacious (as compared to ClementiWoods), and it has 2 tennis courts, ample car park spaces, Olympic size swimming pool (vs small pool in ClementiWoods) and more facilities than ClementiWoods!

The very distinct difference between the 2 (although land size about the same) are:
    Park Infinia: plot ratio 2.8, total units 486 (more than double of ClementiWoods!)
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Huh duchess residence... Where do I start ?

Duchess Res is so crowded, I bet come TOP, lots of ppl will put it on sale. the hostel u mentioned is at least 2 storey higher, so u not only face them, they "look down" on you.

Duchess Res is only 1km to NYPS. This one is to both ACS and SCGS. NYPS even within 1km the chance is very low.

Duchess Res doesn't have a regular pool. I hope this one has a normal one, not some fanciful "themed pool" nonsense.

For this one, I'm quite sure the landed facing ones will sell well. 2000psf, a bit high though. 1800 could have been a sweet spot. Qwek used to say "leave some gravies for buyers"

indeed, no nice pools.

by the way, a chinese contractor is building this "luxury" condo.

indeed, no nice pools.

by the way, a chinese contractor is building this "luxury" condo.
    yucks. ok i am no longer interested unless it's sub $1k psf.

Recall when we visited the show flat for duchess residences, we had to negotiate our way through mountains of flip-flops, sneakers and dress shoes to get in. But when we got in, we were trapped at the door and could not move through the huge crowd. And after we finally found an agent to speak to, he wouldn't give us the time of the day, only saying "sold out, only masonettes remain." at what prices? $2,200 psf.

I still have a vivid memory of the agent saying, "are you keen? if yes, I can get you a 3 bedder on the resale market for slightly higher than what they paid for it today."

But that is immaterial because CW with 899 sqft of land still do not have sufficient facilities and what is the use of this theoretically large but useless number? (unless going for en-bloc? - But what en-bloc potential can you talk about in an OCR area with 99LH?).

Quote Originally Posted by sleek
    But each unit share of the land for CW is 899sqft whereas PI is 481sqft.

Floor Plans, Site Plan and Stack Plan Released. Check out http://www.propertylaunch.sg/Singapo...yndebourne.php to download.

Launching Very Soon. Prices Indicative to be advise soon. Cheers
    Register yourself for all new project info and updates in Singapore
    www.propertylaunch.sg

1bedder got nice poolview wor...hmmm

but i remembered only 1 fella succesfully sub sold in 2007 (at 2100psf). most of the rest are stuck till now.

Recall when we visited the show flat for duchess residences, we had to negotiate our way through mountains of flip-flops, sneakers and dress shoes to get in. But when we got in, we were trapped at the door and could not move through the huge crowd. And after we finally found an agent to speak to, he wouldn't give us the time of the day, only saying "sold out, only masonettes remain." at what prices? $2,200 psf.

I still have a vivid memory of the agent saying, "are you keen? if yes, I can get you a 3 bedder on the resale market for slightly higher than what they paid for it today."

only 5 units, 100 times oversubscribed?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    1bedder got nice poolview wor...hmmm

No wonder your standard of "spacious" is so low. So you idea of fantastic facilities with HUGE land is Parc Infinia? The pool doesn't look like 50m x 25m to me - maybe because it is always crowded during weekends. Even gym is crowded. Take lift also need to wait a long time. That is the problem of squeezing almost close to 500 units (say 1500 people) onto 200k of land.

I find Parc Infinia landscape and surroundings unimpressive and small. This is one development I know relatively well - sorry, not impressed.

ClementiWoods:
    Site Area 215,951 sq ft
    Total No of Units 240

3 blocks of 30-storeys.

Actually I am not impressed with Park Infinia as well, but for different reasons. Still, based on your reasoning, ClementiWoods must have been even worse even though there are only half the number of units compared to PI as the swimming pool is much smaller than half that of PI's swimming pool, the gym is small, surrounding very little land area for greenery, don't even have a proper place for heavy vehicle to park for loading & unloading (these vehicles have to park outside the estate for loading/unloading), neighbours can borrow salts/peppers/etc by just throwing across the windows! What sort of livable "private" condo is this? May be should be called "public" condo?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    No wonder your standard of "spacious" is so low. So you idea of fantastic facilities with HUGE land is Parc Infinia? The pool doesn't look like 50m x 25m to me - maybe because it is always crowded during weekends. Even gym is crowded. Take lift also need to wait a long time. That is the problem of squeezing almost close to 500 units (say 1500 people) onto 200k of land.

I find Parc Infinia landscape and surroundings unimpressive and small. This is one development I know relatively well - sorry, not impressed.

Actually I am not impressed with Park Infinia as well, but for different reasons. Still, based on your reasoning, ClementiWoods must have been even worse even though there are only half the number of units compared to PI as the swimming pool is much smaller than half that of PI's swimming pool, the gym is small, surrounding very little land area for greenery, don't even have a proper place for heavy vehicle to park for loading & unloading (these vehicles have to park outside the estate for loading/unloading), neighbours can borrow salts/peppers/etc by just throwing across the windows! What sort of livable "private" condo is this? May be should be called "public" condo?
    in all cases :
    1 big land, low rise vs big land high rise
    2 small land, high rise vs big land low rise ..

there are so many combinations ..

all i can say is ... BUY OLDER PROJECTS ..

new projects regardless of land size or plot ratio ..wil fall into 1 or 2 above ..

each has their fair share of livable and unlivable conditions ..

look at 2RVG ..tiny plot, high rise .. yet still close to another tiny plot high rise

look at Island view, big plot, low rise .. no one unit looks into another ..and their neighbouring project is far far away ..

there are good projects and bad ones

in general .. i feel the old projects are alot better, in terms of built up size, usable and livable exterior space ..

the newer projects, the developers just want to MAXIMIZE profit ..

i am sure last time developers also max the GFA

far and few ...

but sure , i am sure they did too ... but not as GREEDY and INNOVATIVE as the current developers

Yes you are right, but last time they are not allowed "creative accounting". Since 2004 (around +/-), they are allowed creative accounting of developing to max GFA + 10% balcony + another xx% for planter areas + another xx% for bay windows!
    So they actually build up to MAX GFA + 30%(?) allowance for balcony, planter areas & bay windows!

...wait...am I missing something.....
    ...where is the rubbish chute ...? OUTSIDE ?! go out of the yard ?

hi, is the glyndebourne opened for vvip viewing?

according to our friendly agent, home-run,

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...795#post115795

so u can go down there and look for him now.

Quote Originally Posted by coolchoc
    hi, is the glyndebourne opened for vvip viewing?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    according to our friendly agent, home-run,

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...795#post115795

so u can go down there and look for him now.

i see. thks! hope it'll not be too crowded to take a look tmr.

Latest Updates For The Glyndenbourne :

-More Than 60% SOLD during VIP Preview Day 1!!!

* 1br : 100% sold
    * 2br : 100% sold
    * 3br : Limited units left
    * 4br : Still have choice units
    * Penthse : Still have choice units

Anyone dropping by today can drop me a call at 81835132.
    Will be there till late.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by home-run

Will be there till late.
    Cheers
    congrats! quite expected

think the keppel one will also do well ~

Lol what's the average psf?
    But as expected 1/2 clear out first haha... its like dun buy will miss the boat, massive herders. Hot money is hotter than hotcakes

Quote Originally Posted by home-run

Will be there till late.
    Cheers
    what's the psf? no chance even to go for preview

so much for property prices going for correction....

there's more demand than supply....

This location also small units sell-out first? Jia lat. Really so much hot money now? If one-bedders sell-out first, it just means most are low-quantum speculators hoping to flip - not genuine owner occupiers. I think it's about time our government raise interest rate - it's not healthy if the entire market is full of "investors".