Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 79

Thread: Duchess Residence (D10, UOL, 999y)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,988

    Default Duchess Residence (D10, UOL, 999y)

    (since I couldn't find a thread on this, I'm starting one).

    It should be TOP'ed soon.

    some interesting things abt this project:
    1) 120 units of 5 storey+attic on 150k sqft land, 1.4 plot ratio. --> to discuss for fun whether this type is "congested" ?
    2) it was launched in the middle of 2007 with much fanfare. And with almost immediate press announcement that Wee and Co. bought 8 units, 3 of which were at a mere "2% discount". It was subsequently sold out within days.
    3) fast forward to today. very few sub sales so far. and the price is not moving.

    What will be a fair price for this project now ?

  2. #2

    Default

    my favorite condo topic.

    (1) Went to the show flat
    (2) told was sold out except for the maisonettes
    (3) quoted prices around $2200psf
    (4) told to pay slightly higher prices to buy one from a speculator
    (5) glad that the speculator is sitting on a huge loss

    too bad my wife and I did not carry a camera with us. you should see the showflat, chuck full of people. did not get an agent to notice us for half an hour. finally met an agent who showed little interest in us. too busy taking care of the high rollers, who turned out to be huge losers.'

    many units for sale at around $1,700psf.

  3. #3

    Default

    ok, i will contribute the old data i have from 2007 too :

    2%? more like 20% discount. 3 bedroom unit sizes: 1464 (4th floor), 1485 (3rd floor) and 1604 (2nd floor) sq ft. Ie smallest units in entire project is 1464 sq ft. Quantum how to stomach if psf is high?

    the power 8's kelong prices:

    WCY #03-23 1554psf (lowest new sale psf)
    James Koh #03-08 1591psf
    Julie #03-19 1657psf
    WWL #02-18 1602psf
    CTT/LSY #02-09 1614psf
    WBT #03-15 1745psf
    Rowee Low #01-07 1546psf
    WEC #01-11 1556psf

    highest psf #03-01 2200psf for one of the rare 2314sq ft 4 bedder.

    highest psf for 2nd floor #02-03 2150psf vs WCY's 1554psf....that's 2% discount? hahaha

    highest psf for 3rd floor #03-12 2199psf vs James' 1591psf

    highest psf for 4th floor #04-06 2200psf vs wah no insider bot #04.

    highest psf for Garden Mansionette #01-03 2050psf vs Rowee Low's 1546psf

    highest psf for Penthouse #05-20 1951psf (penthouse less valuable than garden mansionette?!?!?!) vs no penthouses sold to insiders. another penthouse, #05-11, was given up and resold at 2025psf in oct 07 vs jun/jul launch.

    mind u, these transactions took place within days of each other (except #05-11). not months.

    Quote Originally Posted by amk
    (since I couldn't find a thread on this, I'm starting one).

    It should be TOP'ed soon.

    some interesting things abt this project:
    1) 120 units of 5 storey+attic on 150k sqft land, 1.4 plot ratio. --> to discuss for fun whether this type is "congested" ?
    2) it was launched in the middle of 2007 with much fanfare. And with almost immediate press announcement that Wee and Co. bought 8 units, 3 of which were at a mere "2% discount". It was subsequently sold out within days.
    3) fast forward to today. very few sub sales so far. and the price is not moving.

    What will be a fair price for this project now ?

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    my favorite condo topic.

    (1) Went to the show flat
    (2) told was sold out except for the maisonettes
    (3) quoted prices around $2200psf
    (4) told to pay slightly higher prices to buy one from a speculator
    (5) glad that the speculator is sitting on a huge loss

    too bad my wife and I did not carry a camera with us. you should see the showflat, chuck full of people. did not get an agent to notice us for half an hour. finally met an agent who showed little interest in us. too busy taking care of the high rollers, who turned out to be huge losers.'

    many units for sale at around $1,700psf.
    tat time i tink i was busy buying mass market condos

  5. #5

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    tat time i tink i was busy buying mass market condos
    wanted to buy thinking that my kid could go to NYPS. I then realized by buying in OCR rather than DR, we could save enough money to send my kids to international schools for 50 years.

    did not know that west coast would take off while bukit timah area would stagnate or even drop afterward. our gain is just gravy.

    but will buy a unit if prices drop to my range.

  7. #7

    Default

    but unless the buyers are over extended, there shouldn't be too many sellers below the 1800psf+ median which was achieved then and the VVIP was 1800 to 2000+psf on average lor. while the VVVVVIP ie WCY and his kelong friends was 15xx to 17xxpsf lor. overnight prices jump 20%. he damn smart, wily old fox.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    but unless the buyers are over extended, there shouldn't be too many sellers below the 1800psf+ median which was achieved then and the VVIP was 1800 to 2000+psf on average lor. while the VVVVVIP ie WCY and his kelong friends was 15xx to 17xxpsf lor. overnight prices jump 20%. he damn smart, wily old fox.
    is he smart. or is the game rigged?

  9. #9

    Default

    the most disgusting thing i feel is that he got the cheek to declare it as a 2% discount. sure, a few of his friends outside of these 8 ppe buy at the 15xx to 16xxpsf so that he can declare it as 2% discount to their prices, but as u said, its rigged. i really do feel sorry for the VVIPs who bot at above 1800psf without knowing what went on the day before that. at least if no one bot below 1700 at launch and VVIP at 1800 i feel its still a fair game.

    Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    is he smart. or is the game rigged?

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    the most disgusting thing i feel is that he got the cheek to declare it as a 2% discount. sure, a few of his friends outside of these 8 ppe buy at the 15xx to 16xxpsf so that he can declare it as 2% discount to their prices, but as u said, its rigged. i really do feel sorry for the VVIPs who bot at above 1800psf without knowing what went on the day before that. at least if no one bot below 1700 at launch and VVIP at 1800 i feel its still a fair game.
    Properties are a dirty game, very dirty indeed. quoting preferential prices to your friends and associates to solidity relationships is just part and parcel of the game. but they shouldn't have the temerity of pretending it is not rigged, like declaring a mere 2% discount.

    the parc condo is another example. there was no public launch, with every unit sold to friends and associates in VVVVVIP, VVVIP, VVIP and VIP. but when the media visited, the developer claimed that most units are sold to "singaporeans with young children." so glad now these buyers are now burning in hell, just like the buyers of DR.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions