Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inconsiderate Neighbours in Condominiums

Default Inconsiderate Neighbours in Condominiums

Just wanted to start this thread to see what are the typical problems faced by condo residents with inconsiderate neighbours and any constructive ways to overcome them xxxxx......

etc :

1) residents who slammed their door or drag their chair or furniture in the wee morning or late at night awaking the neighbours downstairs.

2) neighbours who hang their wet laundry in the balcony

3) neighbours who put their personal stuff etc bicycle, cabinets, shoe racks in the common corridoor area

Or maybe you're overly judgemental or fussy? It's their balcony - they can dry their laundry at their balcony for all I care. Also, some of the older condos have a nice point block layout where every unit is at a quiet corner which allow each unit to have a large space to place their shoe rack without obstructing others. I don't see anything wrong with that. Unless you're staying in those newer condos with one narrow long corridor type.

I also occasionally park my bike just outside my house. I just don't see anything wrong with that.. Thank goodness my neighbours are not the fussy type

Live and let live. The things you're complaining about is not even worth fussing about IMHO.

Cannot fit in HDB go to condo. Condo still cannot tahan, go to landed. Yes, landed is an open war... Hahaha!!!

Quote Originally Posted by forest491
    Cannot fit in HDB go to condo. Condo still cannot tahan, go to landed. Yes, landed is an open war... Hahaha!!!
    yap..most of the time the war started due parking of car...

wow

damn jia lat

he asked for help .. you guys gave no answers ... instead becomes his fault ..

hahahah

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Or maybe you're overly judgemental or fussy? It's their balcony - they can dry their laundry at their balcony for all I care. Also, some of the older condos have a nice point block layout where every unit is at a quiet corner which allow each unit to have a large space to place their shoe rack without obstructing others. I don't see anything wrong with that. Unless you're staying in those newer condos with one narrow long corridor type.

I also occasionally park my bike just outside my house. I just don't see anything wrong with that.. Thank goodness my neighbours are not the fussy type

Live and let live. The things you're complaining about is not even worth fussing about IMHO.

maybe your neighbour is Daniel Foo ?

then again .. just becos your neighbour doesnt complain then you take advantage of their kindness and forgiveness ?

sorry not attacking you but this is a common trait in many sporeans ..

SELFISH

bits of litter and/or hair from the windows to the patio on the ground floor.

One resident brushes his teeth, bathes and washes his clothes at the swimming pool bathroom to save on his own water consumption. Can you beat that?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Foo
    Just wanted to start this thread to see what are the typical problems faced by condo residents with inconsiderate neighbours and any constructive ways to overcome them xxxxx......

etc :

1) residents who slammed their door or drag their chair or furniture in the wee morning or late at night awaking the neighbours downstairs. usually small kids learning to walk .. holding to chair as support .. can talk to the parents nicely lah .. i usually go up and ask if they also hear the noise ..that would not embarass them if they are the culprit ..

2) neighbours who hang their wet laundry in the balcony ...HDB upgrader.. cannot help ..
    buy a toy gun , spray blue liquid on their laundry lor ..

3) neighbours who put their personal stuff etc bicycle, cabinets, shoe racks in the common corridoor area
    ... this type if they really occupy COMMOn area ..then just inform management .. cos its a potential hazard ..

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    One resident brushes his teeth, bathes and washes his clothes at the swimming pool bathroom to save on his own water consumption. Can you beat that?
    some more discreet ... they do laundry without you knowing ...

wear sari into swimming pool ... isnt that doing laundry ?

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    ... this type if they really occupy COMMOn area ..then just inform management .. cos its a potential hazard ..
    yup fire hazard... inform the MA or MC directly

some more discreet ... they do laundry without you knowing ...

wear sari into swimming pool ... isnt that doing laundry ?
    that is polluting the pool!

that is polluting the pool!

the best i have witnessed ..

a boy ...pang sai in the pool ... luckily its not the wet type .. was dry and floated around ... he told his father .. and the father immediately jumped in and use his T shirt to wrap it ... and told the rest of the boys to leave the pool ...

not sure if he inform management or not ..to 'cleanse' the water ..

I have just decided to forgo supper

sorry ...

hey Geylang still have claypot frog leg ? in dark soy sauce and dried chilli ?

really miss that ...

haa......lol

a boy ...pang sai in the pool ... luckily its not the wet type .. was dry and floated around ... he told his father .. and the father immediately jumped in and use his T shirt to wrap it ... and told the rest of the boys to leave the pool ...

maybe like poping champage ..the first pop is the dry wan ...the rest is liquid with bubble.......ha ha ahaaa

luckily the boy not having diarrheoa in the pool, imagine the liquid sai come out and someone swims by using breaststroke with mouth open

Aiyah every stroke u will open ur mouth. Unless u swim with ur mouth closed!

Worst I can think of is after 11pm, neighbours still making hell lot of noise either above you by running around (kids) or playing with their children in their balcony. Their kids' noise may sound like angel's bells to them but to the rest - just noise. They don't even have the decency to close their balcony doors.

Or during Premier League teens screaming GOAL in the middle of the night....

sorry ...

hey Geylang still have claypot frog leg ? in dark soy sauce and dried chilli ?

really miss that ...
    my wife and I went for that. but couldn't park our car and therefore gave up. that area is notorious for difficulty in parking.

I have seen PRC grandparents allowing their grand kids to pang sai or pee in the sewer.

hanging dirty laundry out to dry is just a sight you cannot avoid no matter where you live. but it is a problem. unsightly one.

wah piang......which condo is this?? care to share???

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    wah piang......which condo is this?? care to share???
    If a condo pool has toddlers in the pool, it is a "sooner or later" kind of occurence.

By the way, even if no one poo intentionally in a swimming pool, if pool is being used, one can assume faecal contamination is taking place all the time.

In fact, sometime ago, there was a scientific report about why eyes turn red after prolonged contact with swimming pool water, I always assumed it was due to the chlorine...actually, it was due to the urine and faecal contamination.

Dun drink the pool water. Wear good goggles all the time. Shower and shampoo thoroughly after using swimming pool. Supposed to shower before using pool, but we know it is a rarely done thing. So many people hot and sweaty from tennis game, just plunge into the pool straightaway.

hanging laundry in your balcony in hanger on folderable hanger in a discreet manner is alright since it is within the residence personal space.

==> Hanging wet laundry in bamboo pole or stick in the balcony railings is totally unacceptable. It is both dangerous and your wet laundry will annoy your neighbours downstairs

==> some even hang their bedsheets, towel, wet carpet, panties, underwear (you name it they have it) in the railing or parapet of the balcony which sometimes affect the facade of the condo at times on a Sunny day.

==> high chance a lot of these culprits are HDB upgradders (no offence) who are so used to hanging their wet laundry in bamboo poles in their HDB flat kitchen backyard area. Probably they need some time to adapt from upgrading from a HDB flat to a condo. Only time will tell.
    If not you need to activate the condo management to counsel them

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    I have seen PRC grandparents allowing their grand kids to pang sai or pee in the sewer.

hanging dirty laundry out to dry is just a sight you cannot avoid no matter where you live. but it is a problem. unsightly one.

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Worst I can think of is after 11pm, neighbours still making hell lot of noise either above you by running around (kids) or playing with their children in their balcony. Their kids' noise may sound like angel's bells to them but to the rest - just noise. They don't even have the decency to close their balcony doors.

Or during Premier League teens screaming GOAL in the middle of the night....

I fully can attest to what you mention above. "Clap clap clap"
    This is the similar problem I face too. The problem is most of the condos nowadays have wooden doors that have a strong magnet that acts as a hinge to the door. Thus everytime your neignbour open or slam their door you can hear the magnet contact sound (PAK!) clearly from your unit downstairs. This is especially so in the wee hours in the morning or late at night when everything is quiet & you are sound asleep.

This can be really nerve wrecking & irritating at times. I am sure there are many people who can relate to this if hey know what i mean.....

I think a lot of the sound problem is also because of the new condo constructions whereby the developers cut cost and make the ceiling and flooring very "hollow" and "thin", thus sound can travel through the walls.

Also as the most condo units is not sound fully sound proof or have carpet flooring like hotels, sound travels through easily

Trust me it is not a matter of being fussy or demanding. It is a matter of being a considerate neigbour most of the time. As much as you do not want your other neighbour to do this to you, likewise you do not want to do the same thing tio your neighbours.

I fully can attest to what you mention above. "Clap clap clap"
    This is the similar problem I face too. The problem is most of the condos nowadays have wooden doors that have a strong magnet that acts as a hinge to the door. Thus everytime your neignbour open or slam their door you can hear the magnet contact sound (PAK!) clearly from your unit downstairs. This is especially so in the wee hours in the morning or late at night when everything is quiet & you are sound asleep.

This can be really nerve wrecking & irritating at times. I am sure there are many people who can relate to this if hey know what i mean.....

I think a lot of the sound problem is also because of the new condo constructions whereby the developers cut cost and make the ceiling and flooring very "hollow" and "thin", thus sound can travel through the walls.

Also as the most condo units is not sound fully sound proof or have carpet flooring like hotels, sound travels through easily

Trust me it is not a matter of being fussy or demanding. It is a matter of being a considerate neigbour most of the time. As much as you do not want your other neighbour to do this to you, likewise you do not want to do the same thing tio your neighbours.
    I agree. Most condos, have a security door on the ground floor (be it metal or wood) where the PAK! sound can be heard by most - worst is when some idiots come back at night in the week hours and that sound goes around reverberating around - really irritating.

Or the shriek of a toddler late at night can wake you up easily...problem is, this is quite ambiguous - is this considered disturbance? Even when you get the guards there they may have stopped.

On hanging of laundry on parapets - i think most condos have by-laws that say this is an offence. If not, the management committee must do something about it before their beloved residence turn into an eye-sore.

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    I agree. Most condos, have a security door on the ground floor (be it metal or wood) where the PAK! sound can be heard by most - worst is when some idiots come back at night in the week hours and that sound goes around reverberating around - really irritating.

Or the shriek of a toddler late at night can wake you up easily...problem is, this is quite ambiguous - is this considered disturbance? Even when you get the guards there they may have stopped.

On hanging of laundry on parapets - i think most condos have by-laws that say this is an offence. If not, the management committee must do something about it before their beloved residence turn into an eye-sore.
    The door I am referring to in this instance is the individual Bedroom doors or the main Entrance door.

A lot of these idiots like to slam their door or just heck care and walk in letting the doors just bang and close itself thus irritating your surrounding neighbours.

You will notice most new condos now have the magnet behind the door that adds as a door-stopper. As most condo wooden door is generally light nowadays, the "PAK" sound becomes obvious when it comes into contact with the magnet when you close the door. It can be damn irritating at night or wee early morning when you are sound asleep.

Anyone of you here face this problem....

At oher times of the day it is fine as the "PAK" door sound will be diffuse by the outside sound or people talking in your house or TV sound.

==> I have tried putting those "3M" rectangular or roundish rubber stickers in my unit's door & that helps to reduce the door sound by around 80%.
    I am thinking of recommending this to the idiotic neignbours upstairs.

If anyone of you face this problem with your neighbours upstairs, I suggest you give your neighbours some sample to ask them try out and also make them "paiseh".
    You can get this stickers from DIY Shop or those "One Dollar shop".

If this does not help, you can start sticking stickers with "PIGHEAD" at your neighbours door or splash paint at their door like what loan shark do

etc :

1) residents who slammed their door or drag their chair or furniture in the wee morning or late at night awaking the neighbours downstairs.

2) neighbours who hang their wet laundry in the balcony

There was 2 occasions when i did a viewing.

1) Saw laundry hanging along/outside the neighbout corridor unit of the unit that i am viewing.

2) Saw many bicycles parked outside the opposite unit that i am viewing.

Needless to say, left a bad impression so in the end didnt buy the unit. Cos i dun wana buy a condo unit with neighbours with such 'habits'.

Thats just me.

for the pool... seems like most singaporeans will take to the pool with swim suits and trunks..

But ANG MOHS GUYS..walan eh.. .. they always swim in their underwear and bermudas... I think they are always their laundry in the swimming pool and then hanging them up after... damn disgusting.