Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Woodgrove condo, lilydale or woodsvale

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Nah there's always a fair bit of markup for them to see if they can get a lucky break...

Check streetsine for recent caveats, all below 600psf

Agree wif u.. Have checked caveats, woodsvale lily northoaks etc r going below 600psf n oso noticed price has stagnated since the announcement

those the sizes maybe quite big if not usually ECs. Well, 5XX psf still cheap if in good locations cos now the land price hover around 280psf.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    just take note that 6XX psf is the current pricing for north areas and paris ris areas. If you set lower than that, then I think it will be difficult to get any CHOICE unit liao.

lily maybe but it will be for a long time to break even so be prepared. so sometimes I just feel that paying 50k more for that choice location is still worthwhile.

choice unit means those few that has got the best facing, high floor in a particular project and you wish to buy it but maybe owner dont want to let go due to price.

500 - 600k range of ppty now cannot get. You have to wait super long if not will be HDB flat.

The only concern now is the ppty has been chased up over the last 9 quarters and will it continues?

Quote Originally Posted by Sgysfj
    The unit tat we like at lily was gg at ard 560psf... All the while I for lily commands a higher price thn woodsvale n northoaks..
    Btw choice UNITs means my choice unit? Or means choice unit in investment point of view? Tis I'm not clear..

choice unit means those few that has got the best facing, high floor in a particular project and you wish to buy it but maybe owner dont want to let go due to price.
    Thks... Tat means d grdfloor lily unit is definitely not termed as a choice unit...

never like ground floor units.

Ratty jus an update, I have made an appt to view a unit at forest hills tmr.. Asking price is 788k NETT.. will give a further review tmr..

Ratty jus an update, I have made an appt to view a unit at forest hills tmr.. Asking price is 788k NETT.. will give a further review tmr..
    Checking recent caveats, think their lowest could go to 720K...have fun

Checking recent caveats, think their lowest could go to 720K...have fun
    i oso checked....latest in september is 570psf....hmmmmmm

i oso checked....latest in september is 570psf....hmmmmmm
    sell ur HDB first....den view... unless u enjoy house viewing aka window shopping

gd deals hard to come by and being snap up very fast(within days)....so now u see also useless as u cannot commit

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    sell ur HDB first....den view... unless u enjoy house viewing aka window shopping

gd deals hard to come by and being snap up very fast(within days)....so now u see also useless as u cannot commit
    It's different for the north...a good deal could be there for a few mths yet no takers...simply because many investors in the past tend to focus on the east or CCR...

So good to get a number of options...anyway important thing is not the unit since there always will be someone selling, but the feel of the project...

It's different for the north...a good deal could be there for a few mths yet no takers...simply because many investors in the past tend to focus on the east or CCR...

So good to get a number of options...anyway important thing is not the unit since there always will be someone selling, but the feel of the project...
    gd deals will be there for MTHS???? u sure tat is a gd deal???? if so, y buy? next time sell cheap cheap alsdo no takers?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    gd deals will be there for MTHS???? u sure tat is a gd deal???? if so, y buy? next time sell cheap cheap alsdo no takers?
    Yup, gd deals are there for mths. 2006 was all good deals across the island. There were also pockets of time in 2008 and 2009 as well. Sometimes the longer a prop is on sale the lesser the expectations of the seller - so if he rejected somebody's price 3 mths ago and you offer same price again he might take it.

I have bought and sold 3 investment propeties in the north and all made substantial dough for me so I can be sure what I'm talking about.

I believe good deals are always around in Singapore. Just have to look for it. Most investors in this forum would have made or sitting on paper gain now. Their location attracts different crowd. Expected returns varies from people to people. Some may look for at least 50% return while others just look for 5-10% gain. It is subjective.

Actually I am more keen on Woodgrove condo. Thanks for the update.

Even thou you cannot commit now, I feel that you should view more to get a feel of the overall environment if you are new in buying private ppty.

Base on my past experiences, the heart will go first but after few rounds of viewings, the mind will come into picture and decide which one is best for us base on my financial ability, life-style, investment appetite and risk tolerance level.

Actually I am more keen on Woodgrove condo. Thanks for the update.

Even thou you cannot commit now, I feel that you should view more to get a feel of the overall environment if you are new in buying private ppty.

Base on my past experiences, the heart will go first but after few rounds of viewings, the mind will come into picture and decide which one is best for us base on my financial ability, life-style, investment appetite and risk tolerance level.

Update-did not view coz the owner can't make it n oso partly bcoz no one came to view my hse... Haizzzz... One week gone Liao for the new agent.. I oni gave her one n half months to sell my flat n by the looks of it she can't make it...

Ratty can share y u prefer woodgrove condo? Isit the price, 'feeling' or the combination of both? Never been there before... Was not in my initial list of place to look out for

I'm not sure of the good deals being ard for months but I very much agree it's important to get a feel of the project.. Wen I first wan to upgrade, I ONI tot of woodsvale n northoaks coz they are the nearest... However wen we r there, the feel is so different tat it total changed our impression of both projects..

Tink it's important now to get as many options as possible... Before our flat is actuali sold

Ratty can share y u prefer woodgrove condo? Isit the price, 'feeling' or the combination of both? Never been there before... Was not in my initial list of place to look out for
    forest hill - I dont know about this project so no comments.

woodgrove will give you "condo feeling", better that northwoods and woodsvale. Price is still reasonable. These days you cannot get such spacious areas within the unit and within the condo surrounding at this price.

forest hill - I dont know about this project so no comments.

woodgrove will give you "condo feeling", better that northwoods and woodsvale. Price is still reasonable. These days you cannot get such spacious areas within the unit and within the condo surrounding at this price.
    I guess to each his / her own then...woodgrove has nice resort feel but I kinda think that its facade is a tad obiang - don't really like the pool to be honest. And the so called in house salon is not open most of the time - as if business no good. If I really need to, I will get a ground floor unit as it's patio is flush with the outside lawn - hence you get more PES than bargained for!!

I like Northoaks as it looks clean from outside, and the surrounding blocks create an inner resort of privacy from prying eyes and the pool is easily one of the biggest I've seen. Woodsvale looks more like HDB for me.

But in terms of location to amenities, Woodgrove wins hands-down of course being next to a foodcourt and supermart.

Everyone has different tastes and expectations - important is how you feel, not how others feel, since it's you who is going to live there for many years to come...

So I concur with Ratty on this - look around more (it's free anyway) and when your flat is sold (could be anytime, you'll never know) you will know exactly where to buy your future home.

mantrix, can share which 3 projects which you have bou and sold?

I did not compare all the apartments in Woodlands. Viewed ECs but feel that not suitable for me and not so near MRT anyway. Those high rise apartments also look like HDB imho so no difference of getting HDBs - the land areas was small and if I pay abit more can get FH in Sembawang with amenities nearby so I was thinking woodgrove condo could be the best choice. It is cheaper compared to other apartments, still with decent amenities nearby, land area big and unit size pretty livable, kids will have alot of space to move about, so good for own stay.

anyway cheapest liao for 3 bedder @ 720-750k - where to get these days?

mantrix, can share which 3 projects which you have bou and sold?

I did not compare all the apartments in Woodlands. Viewed ECs but feel that not suitable for me and not so near MRT anyway. Those high rise apartments also look like HDB imho so no difference of getting HDBs - the land areas was small and if I pay abit more can get FH in Sembawang with amenities nearby so I was thinking woodgrove condo could be the best choice. It is cheaper compared to other apartments, still with decent amenities nearby, land area big and unit size pretty livable, kids will have alot of space to move about, so good for own stay.

anyway cheapest liao for 3 bedder @ 720-750k - where to get these days?
    Check your PM for those that I bought can't publicly announce my investment can I

If you want EC close by to MRT, try Nuovo? It's pretty near...Woodsvale / Northoaks have pretty big land space by the way though further away from MRTs

You may not like woodgrove's interior - a friend bought not too long ago and he spent more than 80k renovating - a big part of that went to restoring basic necessities like pipes, wardrobes, doors, flooring etc...

that is not an interesting news - have to spent 80k for retrofitting works. Maybe I am fated that both owners did not accept my offer but then again, the 2nd unit i viewed is well kept.

The condition of the first unit need to retrofit with at least 30k but it was on high ground so I offer lower yet an Ah Nei counter offer. Just my luck.

ok shall look out for your PMs.

Nuovo, near good primary school. Haven view it but location is not bad. Hopefully the feel is better than the 2 woodlands ECs.

Check your PM for those that I bought can't publicly announce my investment can I

If you want EC close by to MRT, try Nuovo? It's pretty near...Woodsvale / Northoaks have pretty big land space by the way though further away from MRTs

You may not like woodgrove's interior - a friend bought not too long ago and he spent more than 80k renovating - a big part of that went to restoring basic necessities like pipes, wardrobes, doors, flooring etc...
    Last edited by rattydrama; 25-10-10 at 09:36.

that is not an interesting news - have to spent 80k for retrofitting works. Maybe I am fated that both owners did not accept my offer but then again, the 2nd unit i viewed is well kept.

The condition of the first unit need to retrofit with at least 30k but it was on high ground so I offer lower yet an Ah Nei counter offer. Just my luck.

ok shall look out for your PMs.

Nuovo, near good primary school. Haven view it but location is not bad. Hopefully the feel is better than the 2 woodlands ECs.
    You mean Anderson sec? Yeah location is good...near to MRT and short walk (400m) to wet market...only if you don't mind the EC status.

Anyway, let the Ah Nei get it lah...he may need it more than you

Hi guys, thanks for ur insights on all the projects I have mentioned.
    I hv deduced frm all the discussion tat ec will not be so worth it to buy due to factors such as design, quality n finishing. Therefore it's safe to conclude buying a condo like woodgrove, FH r more worth it coz of the mentioned factors..

Having said tat, frm another point of view, If I'm looking to buy strictly for home stay n if I say for example rili love lilydale, will it be worth it to buy if I'm not paying wat the current market price rite now..

Again thanks for all ur replies in advance..

Hi guys, thanks for ur insights on all the projects I have mentioned.
    I hv deduced frm all the discussion tat ec will not be so worth it to buy due to factors such as design, quality n finishing. Therefore it's safe to conclude buying a condo like woodgrove, FH r more worth it coz of the mentioned factors..

Having said tat, frm another point of view, If I'm looking to buy strictly for home stay n if I say for example rili love lilydale, will it be worth it to buy if I'm not paying wat the current market price rite now..

Again thanks for all ur replies in advance..
    Actually a large number of ECs have very good build and design - being the most premium form of public housing, they have strict guidelines to adhere to - what we call HDB standard is considered pretty good among developers.

On the other hand, some reputable developers may give you projects with shite quality (eg FEO's casablanca - heard too many reports on it)

A friend once told me - buying to stay is always a good investment - that roof over your head will be with you for many years to come and you'd better darn well like it from day one - price is secondary.

If your heart is with Lilydale then I say go for it. Or you think you haven't completely fallen in love yet, go around and look somemore - don't overlook the forest for a tree...

Push push push!

All north property owners should sell their unit and upgrade to new EC or new private coming onboard

Sell Sell Sell

then Buy Buy Buy.

Lilydale owners, sell their unit with profit, can go for The Canopy under second phase when no one buying right?

Actually a large number of ECs have very good build and design - being the most premium form of public housing, they have strict guidelines to adhere to - what we call HDB standard is considered pretty good among developers.

On the other hand, some reputable developers may give you projects with shite quality (eg FEO's casablanca - heard too many reports on it)

A friend once told me - buying to stay is always a good investment - that roof over your head will be with you for many years to come and you'd better darn well like it from day one - price is secondary.

If your heart is with Lilydale then I say go for it. Or you think you haven't completely fallen in love yet, go around and look somemore - don't overlook the forest for a tree...
    well said..tats wat I tink also but it's always good to hear other views

well said..tats wat I tink also but it's always good to hear other views
    I agree with Mantrix, if for own stay, go with your heart. Buying a home has many psychological factors that cannot be logically explained. As long as you can afford it and like it, buy it.

anderson primary. maybe should say popular primary school instead of good primary school.

You mean Anderson sec? Yeah location is good...near to MRT and short walk (400m) to wet market...only if you don't mind the EC status.

Anyway, let the Ah Nei get it lah...he may need it more than you

anderson primary. maybe should say popular primary school instead of good primary school.
    Perhaps because of the supposed affliation with Anderson Sec? Though both are not related at all...