Thread: Juluca

Default Juluca

Hi all,

My sisters and I are looking at a unit with at least 5 bedroom and am interested in Juluca. But it appears that the unit is not very popular so would like to understand more from the community here.

Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Else, if you all have any suggestion around the area?

Cheers,
    Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by maestrokk
    Hi all,

My sisters and I are looking at a unit with at least 5 bedroom and am interested in Juluca. But it appears that the unit is not very popular so would like to understand more from the community here.

Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Else, if you all have any suggestion around the area?

Cheers,
    Kenny
    welcome to the forum

you just join ah ?

Juluca ..a bit neither here nor there ... situation almost at the middle of PP road .. in and out ..long drive to each end (clementi, south buona vista rd)

future MRT also a long walk away ...

have u check out the location ? or visited any units?

Do you have good knees?

Cos you need them.

Each house is built to level 4, if count basement, after parking car, to reach roof terrace is 5 levels of climbing. Sounds fun, if you are young. If you are older, and have knees that are rather worn out, I would rule this type of housing out.

I see Juluca everyday. the climbing would not deter me. not sure about you. I run 5 kilometers a day, so a bit of climbing is nothing to me.

I don't know whether Juluca is a good buy. but if you compare juluca with westmont, the former is much better but selling at a discount; $6xx psf vs. $700 psf. Westmont is located at a noisy road junction, and fronted and backed by west coast road and west coast highway. residents probably need to perform black magic to be able to sleep. Juluca is much quieter. location wise, Juluca is closer to town, but that doesn't mean it is easier to go places from there.

I wouldn't live in either project, because both have limited facilities. Just a tiny pool. I prefer condos, which have more to offer in terms of facilities.

Sounds like some mediterranean herb... no offense. But cute name.

Over the weekend, eat full, nothing to do, go to Juluca's open house...

Confirm a few things why I will not buy Juluca, even tho price around $700 psf, park 2 cars, got swimming pools, freehold...

Park car, walk into basement...see granny's room with window that opens into a wall! If you want your granny to live in a room with a preview to what it is like to be 6 feet under...good. If not, downright depressing to be relegated to granny's room here.

Aircond running full blast, so basement and level 1 felt cool. Level one opens into personal outdoor jacuzzi for some, personal lap pool for others. The lap pool is good for doing 2 kick laps...ie.kick two times from start to finish of lap. The personnal jacuzzi is good for relaxing in, as your neighbours admire your body looking out their bedroom windows...

The common pool is about the size of 4 bath tubs...

Walk up to bedrooms, aircond running full blast, so 2nd level still felt cool. No bathtubs in any of the attached bathrooms, if you want to take a bath, supposed to either use the common pool, or your personal lap pool or personal jacuzzi...al fresco.

Third level, to save cost, no aircon on...walk into a GLASS HOUSE. Glass traps heat, in the afternoon heat, outdoors was 31 degrees, indoors was easily 35 degrees...easy to get a headache if no aircond on...The roof of the stair well was ?fibreglass according to the agent...but it trapped heat as well as glass...

Hence, it was a relief to reach the roof terrace and open up the door for some fresh air that wasn't superheated...roof terrace good for hanging laundry...juz need to lug the laundry up from basement(where the washing point is) to level 4.

To buy Juluca, I need to convince elderly that it is ok to get a preview of underground living, I need to have the confidence to take outdoor baths, I need to run aircond 24/7, I need a dryer so domestic no need to lug laundry up to roof terrace to dry clothes, and if I have personal lap pool, I need to practice tumble turns, as I will be doing it a lot, like after 2 kicks/2 strokes...

Asking $2 plus million...for me...not even if price drops to one million...

1mio i want wor

rooftop terrace for air drying laundry? what if it rains. I still prefer my yard.

amused by what you said about this project. this kind of housing is not for fitness fiends like you and me. I like olympic sized pools.

thought that the granny room in the baseroom is actually the maid's sleeping quarters. most would put their granny in a nice room above ground. grannies wouldn't be able to withstand the foul smell of car exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad

thought that the granny room in the baseroom is actually the maid's sleeping quarters. most would put their granny in a nice room above ground. grannies wouldn't be able to withstand the foul smell of car exhaust.
    The agent said, "Put the maid in the bomb shelter(small room with NO windows, next to that, put granny, at least got 2 panel window, (although it opens onto a wall one arm's length away)..."

Nice rooms...none on ground level, which contains a small living and dining area and the kitchen.

the rooftop terrace is useless. the basement is useful only for parking. the stairwell further reduces useful space.

so, actually the price per square foot is very high, more than $1,200psf.

700*3046/1,500 = $1,400/psf.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    the rooftop terrace is useless. the basement is useful only for parking. the stairwell further reduces useful space.

so, actually the price per square foot is very high, more than $1,200psf.

700*3046/1,500 = $1,400/psf.
    I agree with you, cos they do the "box up" method to calculate the floor area, and useable area is actually much less!

You should see Lynnsville...worse than Juluca!

Agent said the developers of Juluca also developed Lynnsville, but changed architect after the experience at Lynnsville. The rooms in Lynnsville even smaller...