Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101520253035 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lakefront Residences (D22, 99 years leasehold, Keppel Land)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Still feeling a bit sore for not buying the caspian high floor 4 bedder last year during the preview...only selling around 800k.
    It's ok, you can have a shot now at Lakefront
    Quickly buy, else one year later ... you post

"Still feeling a bit sore for not buying the Lakefront high floor 4 bedder in 2010 during the preview...only selling around 1300k. "

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Factored in baywindows/planters cud b ard 10-15pct diff
    Bro, mind to share how this factor affect $$$$$?

ops...din read ur post b4 i post..

very similar tots
    you buying?

Quote Originally Posted by mygeemeel
    I AM A CASPIAN OWNER.
    Huat Ah!!!!

A stupid question here...

With average $1050 asking price from Kep Land, can we still consider this as Mass Market Condo?

Factored in baywindows/planters cud b ard 10-15pct diff
    assuming the bay windows are used as the base of the bed with the exception of the master bedroom the difference will be the planter at the balcony which will probably account for 5% diff.

Quote Originally Posted by westman
    With average $1050 asking price from Kep Land, can we still consider this as Mass Market Condo?
    With new exec condo(close to MRT) selling at 750psf to 800psf,
    & Nearby Lakeshore of 4 years average subsale price 860psf, so Kep Land new launch price is not really far away...

If view the land area from Lakeside MRT station, the area looks small.

The biggest question is with such small land area, to squeeze in 629 units plus facilities, will be very lacking in space.
    That could be the reason why its "3+1" unit shows typical floor area of only 1216 sf, very small area for "3+1" unit type

got those at 15 floor above the old lakepoint condo.

i dun tink got any units in caspian tat enjoys unblocked view....i was there during the preview too... (nvr buy any wor....)

3-4bedders low flr direct poolview was the best choice at caspian

Yes I would think so, think of other projects in the central... same price tag or higher.

Quote Originally Posted by akow
    With new exec condo(close to MRT) selling at 750psf to 800psf,
    & Nearby Lakeshore of 4 years average subsale price 860psf, so Kep Land new launch price is not really far away...

If view the land area from Lakeside MRT station, the area looks small.

The biggest question is with such small land area, to squeeze in 629 units plus facilities, will be very lacking in space.
    That could be the reason why its "3+1" unit shows typical floor area of only 1216 sf, very small area for "3+1" unit type
    Have seen the show room photos and found the room very cramp even with mirror and glasses installed to make the room looks much bigger

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    Yes I would think so, think of other projects in the central... same price tag or higher.
    Thanks. A step further, how do we define the boundary between Mass & other's type of condo?

Price alone?
    Location?
    Or just because it's in D22 thus it will be mass market by default?
    Or simply because those property marketing mixes trumpeting those established areas (D11, D12 & D13 or central) to differentiate the different? In simplicity, make someone else looks lower thus enbaling them to looks more promising to sell in those upmarket location?

Have seen the show room photos and found the room very cramp even with mirror and glasses installed to make the room looks much bigger
    generally for self stay, a 2 bedder should have at least 900sq min. Caspian has it but not keppel. But Keppel says they dont have wasted space eg. bay window and big aircon ledge.. However, i still find it small. The open concept kitchen put me off a little.

I am not an expert.

Generally it refers to condo outside the city area or CCR. Mass market condo are affordable for HDB up-graders and mass market condo usually refers to those condos within the HDBs estate.

Recently some mass market condo crossed the price tag above 1000psf because they are located within walking distance to the MRT station + near good amenities + strong demand from buyers who are not willing to wait for their new HDB flats as there is no guarantee they could get it under the ballot system.

Earlier this year, alot of launches were targeting near the D12-13 which are nearer to town. As compared to town areas, the prices are alot more cheaper. So agent may market to say that why pay such high price for town area where you can get much cheaper with 5 MRT stops away?

Some buyer who are unwilling to pay the town price will bite.

Well those locations near town are prime areas and the price will continue to soar in the long run. Mass Market condo will lag behind. Prices at prime areas are the first to "chiong" but also the first to drop if the market turns.

Thanks. A step further, how do we define the boundary between Mass & other's type of condo?

Price alone?
    Location?
    Or just because it's in D22 thus it will be mass market by default?
    Or simply because those property marketing mixes trumpeting those established areas (D11, D12 & D13 or central) to differentiate the different? In simplicity, make someone else looks lower thus enbaling them to looks more promising to sell in those upmarket location?

Can tell by looking at the no. of pages on ST classified ads on the cooling of the markets. New projects are hotter at least for this weekend.

I am not an expert.

Generally it refers to condo outside the city area or CCR. Mass market condo are affordable for HDB up-graders and mass market condo usually refers to those condos within the HDBs estate.

Recently some mass market condo crossed the price tag above 1000psf because they are located within walking distance to the MRT station + near good amenities + strong demand from buyers who are not willing to wait for their new HDB flats as there is no guarantee they could get it under the ballot system.

Earlier this year, alot of launches were targeting near the D12-13 which are nearer to town. As compared to town areas, the prices are alot more cheaper. So agent may market to say that why pay such high price for town area where you can get much cheaper with 5 MRT stops away?

Some buyer who are unwilling to pay the town price will bite.

Well those locations near town are prime areas and the price will continue to soar in the long run. Mass Market condo will lag behind. Prices at prime areas are the first to "chiong" but also the first to drop if the market turns.
    Thanks.

Ratty, any mass market to recommend? This one?

Anyone went to the preview?

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Ratty, any mass market to recommend? This one?
    Jurong Lake not too bad in my opinion but in the long term - 10 -15 years wor. Some people like devil may disagree as there are people who know where to park their monies to get even better returns.

Did you realized that those property along MRT green appreciates well as compared to the rest?

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Anyone went to the preview?
    Is there? 12 Nov rite?

Is there? 12 Nov rite?
    There's a adv in ST by Pronex at Jurong Country Club 2pm~4pm for "so call" VVIP sales... Not an official one and you do not get to view actual show rooms.

It's more like an introduction presentaton with photo/floor plan etc per advise by an agent who attempts to get me inking a cheque for booking...

Does the preview include finger food? Hehe. The agents make so much money, better cater some delicious makan. We buyers need to fill our tummies otherwise no strength to sign cheques.

Quote Originally Posted by mygeemeel
    Does the preview include finger food? Hehe. The agents make so much money, better cater some delicious makan. We buyers need to fill our tummies otherwise no strength to sign cheques.
    Slow moving project perhaps (eg Hillvista)..

I think the definition is getting blurred. Even some suburban homes now have branded finishings. I don't think you can use PSF to define whether a home is mass or luxury class - because nowadays many "luxury" condos are only <500 sq ft which in effect cheaper than some spacious suburban homes in total quantum. So the line between prime and suburban is getting blurred, esp with new MRT lines coming up. I don't see the need to be overly obsessed with archaic district classifications. A project should be judged by its own merits - and district classification is becoming less important.

Hillvista is one of the 2 "rare" sold out projects of Far East - Far East usually still have leftover units after TOP.

Slow moving project perhaps (eg Hillvista)..

So the selling price is $1,050psf for 99LH in Jurong? I think may not be a sell-out. Imagine you buy at $1,050psf, need to sell at $1,300psf to make some decent gains in the next few years. Who will buy at that price? MRT and lake is already there, so already been priced in. The Jurong Lake transformation is by 2020 - still a long way to go to reap the benefits. I wouldn't touch this at $1,050psf. But I note that units are super small to keep quantum affordable - just like Scala. Sometimes I still prefer FEO, FEO may sell slowly but they still build comfortable good-size homes.

Quote Originally Posted by RE_Owner
    My tot is keppel project will be a sell out. When caspian was launch they were selling at jurong transformation. Many were skeptical abt jurong development then. Now Keppel is also selling at jurong transformation but keppel is selling on true fact, 1) jurong lake district first white site being acquired. 2) ministries moving to jurong by 2015. 3)2nd white site open for tender.....these facts are showing that jurong development is taking shape very agressively which prompt keppel to bid at high price. I think now should not use caspian to compare price anymore becos caspian price is history and would not happen again. Now should look at future potential. I think keppel has potential for capital appreciation. Of course caspian can ride on this wave also.....If the white site has to complete development within 7 years, we need not even need to wait 10 years to see jurong transformation take shape

There's a adv in ST by Pronex at Jurong Country Club 2pm~4pm for "so call" VVIP sales... Not an official one and you do not get to view actual show rooms.

It's more like an introduction presentaton with photo/floor plan etc per advise by an agent who attempts to get me inking a cheque for booking...
    So...how big is the crowd at Jurong Country Club today?
    Overwhelming? Many ppl submit cheques?
    I heard only those who submit cheques would be given access first to showflat on next Fri.

I heard only those who submit cheques would be given access first to showflat on next Fri.
    buy buy keppel...make it a sell out proj...caspanian, lakeshorean, lakeholmian, Parc Vistaian are looking forward to the sell out...

Nvr follow up with agent. Hope big clowd........

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    I think the definition is getting blurred. Even some suburban homes now have branded finishings. I don't think you can use PSF to define whether a home is mass or luxury class - because nowadays many "luxury" condos are only <500 sq ft which in effect cheaper than some spacious suburban homes in total quantum. So the line between prime and suburban is getting blurred, esp with new MRT lines coming up. I don't see the need to be overly obsessed with archaic district classifications. A project should be judged by its own merits - and district classification is becoming less important.
    Have the same tot as you on this...

Just came back from IMM. There was a flyer on my windscreen from a ERA agent which states that the flyer can allow you to a special preview by invitation. lol. $1000 psf for this project. By invitation?

Cheers
    fisho