Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newbie Seeking Advice - Tanjong Rhu

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    i did consider Tg Rhu a few years back .. but i still dont like a place where theres only 1 way in and out ...
    From Tanjong rhu, you can drive out to Fort Road or turn into Stadium.
    no longer a one way in/out.

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    From Tanjong rhu, you can drive out to Fort Road or turn into Stadium.
    no longer a one way in/out.
    yes....the new road leading to leisure park

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

What you said not true lei, you didn't read newspaper is it? That corpthone hotel site sold by CDL at ave $2100 psf (heard range from $2000 psf to $2300 psf!)!!! That is breaking record prices in that Trevose area! You are saying CDL purposely going against gahmen's determination?

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Even if prices were to rise, they will remain muted. Nobody (even the developers) would want to go against the gahmen's determination. If you bor hiu... gahmen will just introduce more cooling measures. And they have an arsenal of them. Better kuai kuai sit and wait first

If you have limited budget for investment, will you go for:

(A) Mid-sized unit (1,100 - 1,200sqft) located further away (Pasir Ris, Yishun)

or

(B) Small-sized studio or 1-bedder (560 - 592sqft) with huge estate space located at popular places (East Coast, Balestier)

or

(C) Tiny studio (400sqft) with small estate space but high-rise located in prime districts outskirts (Nathan, Novena)

assuming they are all Freehold and all have quality finishing?

Quote Originally Posted by tanumy
    Forget tanjong rhu and buy double bay residence at simei. A great place to invest with high capital gain.
    Good effort promoting...

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sea...earchid=195912

Thanks gwlip, will check out the tanjong rhu thread. I am obviously biased too, like having a crush like that, hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by gwlip
    It's a private enclave and nice to stay but accessibility is limited now. Its not for you if you prefer to have an mrt at your doorstep and near a hawker center (although eating at marina golf course cafe and enjoying the view is quite nice!)

Lotsa expats here, and a big Indian community.

As for the opinion of limited price gain, I think there is an extreme spectrum of opinions on that. Personally (and like flxcat I am obviously biased) I think this area has erm decent potential.. (it is good to know the government has not forgotten about this area and increased the development charge at tanjong rhu by 28% 2 months back.. even though nothings being developed here at the moment? )

But having a nice gardens by the bay at the doorstep is just nice for own stay IMO if you enjoy nature, walking and cycling in a scenic area.

Good luck in your quest just don't overstretch yourself!
    (oh yeah as flxcat suggested visit the tanjong rhu thread... see if you can help guess where the mrt station will be near which condo)

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    What you said not true lei, you didn't read newspaper is it? That corpthone hotel site sold by CDL at ave $2100 psf (heard range from $2000 psf to $2300 psf!)!!! That is breaking record prices in that Trevose area! You are saying CDL purposely going against gahmen's determination?
    Just wait and see. Prices are trudging downwards day by day

Quote Originally Posted by reuters

or

(B) Small-sized studio or 1-bedder (560 - 592sqft) with huge estate space located at popular places (East Coast, Balestier)

or

(C) Tiny studio (400sqft) with small estate space but high-rise located in prime districts outskirts (Nathan, Novena)

Ans is obvious. C. Actually should be D - hdb flat.

or

or

a bit risky now to hoot ppty anyhow...
    select wisely... esp when its at all time high & garment is monitoring

most experts would likely ask u to dig up under-valued gems..
    much like stocks..

Quote Originally Posted by scsc
    a bit risky now to hoot ppty anyhow...
    select wisely... esp when its at all time high & garment is monitoring

most experts would likely ask u to dig up under-valued gems..
    much like stocks..

What if we have the same budget, but it is for own-stay?

It depends on your lifestyle.

Where do you go for your weekends? Where is your workplace? Where do you do your shopping?

For me, space is important. Prefer bigger unit.

What if we have the same budget, but it is for own-stay?

Personally I do like Tanjong Rhu as it is an exclusive area with lots of greenery and water. Nice place to stay if you drive, if not, there are shuttle bus to bring you to the CBD area. Many amenities are up recently like the Kallang Leisure mall, marina golf course, MRT, restaurants and pubs at the indoor stadium and of course the upcoming garden by the bay and the sports hub. These will bring some spotlight to the area, whereas in the past TR is more or less hidden somewhere between East Coast and CBD. I reckon TR is the nearest area to the CBD which offers a lot of greenery and water features. I personally like to stay near water. The problem with TR is the prices fluctuate greatly with the market, hence only buy when the market is down.

Thanks blackfire, was just wondering... does the price of TR really fluctuate greatly? I thought it was one of the more stable prices... didn't really quite catch up with the strong rebound in 2009, did it? (was looking at the URA transaction prices). That was another reason i am interested... i am wrong again? thaks!

Quote Originally Posted by blackfire
    Personally I do like Tanjong Rhu as it is an exclusive area with lots of greenery and water. Nice place to stay if you drive, if not, there are shuttle bus to bring you to the CBD area. Many amenities are up recently like the Kallang Leisure mall, marina golf course, MRT, restaurants and pubs at the indoor stadium and of course the upcoming garden by the bay and the sports hub. These will bring some spotlight to the area, whereas in the past TR is more or less hidden somewhere between East Coast and CBD. I reckon TR is the nearest area to the CBD which offers a lot of greenery and water features. I personally like to stay near water. The problem with TR is the prices fluctuate greatly with the market, hence only buy when the market is down.

Apologies, just went back to frantic googling and found historic price range was between 600-1300!

Quote Originally Posted by art10626
    Thanks blackfire, was just wondering... does the price of TR really fluctuate greatly? I thought it was one of the more stable prices... didn't really quite catch up with the strong rebound in 2009, did it? (was looking at the URA transaction prices). That was another reason i am interested... i am wrong again? thaks!

Hi yas,

Another newbie here

What are your takes on the 'outer' part of Tanjong Rhu where Fortredale and Waterside are?

Apparently those are FH and one of the ERL stations is rumoured to be at Katong Park which is a stone's throw away.

Hi gurus! Another newbie here, since u guys are talking about TR, what do u guys think of One Fort condo? i have not been there before but might view it soon. As an investment, wat do u guys think? Room for upside? I thought the psf is not bad compared to surroudning projects.

Quote Originally Posted by sufri
    Hi gurus! Another newbie here, since u guys are talking about TR, what do u guys think of One Fort condo? i have not been there before but might view it soon. As an investment, wat do u guys think? Room for upside? I thought the psf is not bad compared to surroudning projects.
    I m no guru.. but I think One Fort location is good but it depends on which unit you are getting.. the units facing the road can be noisy as it is near the road junction.. and those facing the HDB.. well.. are facing the HDB. and if you are at the low floors.. you will be too close to the community center. So.. go high floor.. but i think the meyer area is still better.. view @ meyer, seafront @ meyer... all have better view and more exclusive

Btw, there are more land survey (drilling) at katong park.. rumour of katong park MRT station may come true...

Quote Originally Posted by sufri
    I feel that the location of One Fort is not bad but not great. It will therefore be an apartment that is quite near to a future mrt station, but not very near, quite near to an exit on the expressway, but not very near, near to stadium, but not very near, near to meyer road, but not very near, and no major shopping malls nearby either (nor is it likely for anyone to build one there). The biggest plus point of the tanjong rhu area is that questionable big plot of land after the golf course - what is it going to be? If it develops to become residential, then all these condos at tanjong rhu become relatively further away from the sea as compared with future condos built there. However, if it becomes a huge government project (say, a Singapore Disneyland and DisneySea), then the entire East Coast from TR to Siglap will be attractive.

Good but not very near, good but not very near.....

Quote Originally Posted by wagamama
    Hi yas,

Another newbie here

What are your takes on the 'outer' part of Tanjong Rhu where Fortredale and Waterside are?

Apparently those are FH and one of the ERL stations is rumoured to be at Katong Park which is a stone's throw away.
    I can peep at you when I am dining at the SSC

For own stay or investment? Do take not this area (Tg Rhu, Meyer etc) is dominated by Indians and very popular with the dark-skinned community. So rental yields might be quite good. I have visited some of these condos in Meyer and have never seen non-Indian in the swimming pool. Having said that, if for self-stay, some people may not be comfortable being overwhelmed by other racial groups.

Quote Originally Posted by wagamama
    Hi yas,

Another newbie here

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    For own stay or investment? Do take not this area (Tg Rhu, Meyer etc) is dominated by Indians and very popular with the dark-skinned community. So rental yields might be quite good. I have visited some of these condos in Meyer and have never seen non-Indian in the swimming pool. Having said that, if for self-stay, some people may not be comfortable being overwhelmed by other racial groups.
    Not really. The expat dark skinned (misnomer... actually they are fairer complexioned than our local indians) community will squeeze blood from stone, especially when it comes to the rental amount. They will haggle over every cent and give sob stories or whine. Many of them are also known to damage your kitchen stove, hobs, cabinets (rot from water seepage) and oil splattered walls with their cooking. They generally do not take care of your furniture and inventory, even if they are professionals holding down good jobs with high pay.

Their mentality is such that as I am paying the rent for your house, everything here is at my disposal. Trust me, I know what I am talking about.

Famous quote: "Don't care white tenant or black tenant... can pay rent is good tenant"

Let me amend your quote a liddle bit

Famous quote: "Don't care white tenant or black tenant... can pay high rent is good tenant"

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Let me amend your quote a liddle bit

Famous quote: "Don't care white tenant or black tenant... can pay high rent is good tenant"
    amend a bit more..

"Don't care white tenant or black tenant... can pay high rent on time is good tenant"

Actually it is very true that we need to be careful with the type of tenant especially if we want to sell it later on. Best is to have Koreans/Japanese! Higher chances of your flat being taken care of!

Quote Originally Posted by august
    amend a bit more..

"Don't care white tenant or black tenant... can pay high rent on time is good tenant"
    Amend further, Dont care white or black tenant... Can pay rent on time and without trouble with authorities is good tenant.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Amend further, Dont care white or black tenant... Can pay rent on time and without trouble with authorities is good tenant.
    Not enough... Pay rent on time is norm.

Can pay rent on time + service air-con 4 times a year, only then can consider as good tenant.

Nice, a tip, look for female tenants who is a freak for everything new with sIgns of being overly obsessive with cleanliness. Revisit her after 3 months on short notice with cake. You will know whether she is a good tenant or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Condo Collector
    Not enough... Pay rent on time is norm.

Can pay rent on time + service air-con 4 times a year, only then can consider as good tenant.
    thot 4 times service is in the tenancy contract?
    no service just deduct from rental deposit ~ hehe