Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tennery (D23, 99/103 years LH, Far East Organization)

What is the size of the unit you bought and what price did you pay?

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh
    I managed to get a 1-bedroom SOHO unit.
    Pricing not too bad after 16% discount.
    Good grief, the situation was pretty chaotic that night with hundreds milling around and suited FEO agents lining up to try and get units for their clients.
    Parking was impossible; good thing there were car valets.
    I wonder how many units the guy in the yellow Ferrari bought!
    I have never bought SOHO before so hope that it will prove to be a good investment.

I managed to get a 1-bedroom SOHO unit.
    Pricing not too bad after 16% discount.
    Good grief, the situation was pretty chaotic that night with hundreds milling around and suited FEO agents lining up to try and get units for their clients.
    Parking was impossible; good thing there were car valets.
    I wonder how many units the guy in the yellow Ferrari bought!
    I have never bought SOHO before so hope that it will prove to be a good investment.
    Welcome new comer with SKYHIGH nick and hopefully, its not referring to prices.

Not really a newcomer!
    Used to be active when I had a Raintree unit in 07 or 08. Had a different nick back then, which I have forgotten...
    That unit sold quickly and at a good price!
    Tennery unit is 614 sq ft and priced at $1000+psf.

sell high buy higher. It may reach another new high in future for the area, hard to tell.

Not really a newcomer!
    Used to be active when I had a Raintree unit in 07 or 08. Had a different nick back then, which I have forgotten...
    That unit sold quickly and at a good price!
    Tennery unit is 614 sq ft and priced at $1000+psf.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    sell high buy higher. It may reach another new high in future for the area, hard to tell.

Actually how much rental can a 614sf 1BR unit fetch in this area? Tenant profile? FEO agts said it's to capture the "spill over" from the JLD

Quote Originally Posted by ozcraze
    Actually how much rental can a 614sf 1BR unit fetch in this area? Tenant profile? FEO agts said it's to capture the "spill over" from the JLD
    i suspect 2-2.5k pm rental at very best only

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Tat is very high!

Wa.. 1BR can still fetch $2+k in Bt Panjang.... Is it b'coz of the DTL?

ie. If rent out at $2.2k/mth, $692k for #12-24, net rental yield is abt 2.75%?

Rental for hdb should be 4k for whole unit when its completed, 1 bedder there should be above 3k

if can rent mayspring 2 bedder for 2k plus, why rent tennery 1 bedder for 3k plus? it makes no sense for a tenant to do so coz price and practicality is the main concern of the tenant, not age of property

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Rental for hdb should be 4k for whole unit when its completed, 1 bedder there should be above 3k

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    if can rent mayspring 2 bedder for 2k plus, why rent tennery 1 bedder for 3k plus? it makes no sense for a tenant to do so coz price and practicality is the main concern of the tenant, not age of property
    Brandnew does wonders... But shd b same rental

Your 2k plus is current pricing and not future pricing. Its at 2k plus now because of the on going construction. When completed, the market rate should be higher.

if too high, the tenant profile there will probably go for HDB rental, heard that recently the HDB rental increases alot at that area too...

no need to downgrade to HDB so fast, they will just jump to Mayspring or Hazel Park for cheaper rent and full condo facilities

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    if too high, the tenant profile there will probably go for HDB rental, heard that recently the HDB rental increases alot at that area too...

Two towers 5th to 16th floors completely sold.
    They are releasing a few floors of the remaining towers tomorrow.
    I am pretty surprised at the take-up rates.

so how many units sold in total?

Two towers 5th to 16th floors completely sold.
    They are releasing a few floors of the remaining towers tomorrow.
    I am pretty surprised at the take-up rates.

Dunno.
    I guess 150 or so....

Showflat opened yesterday so went for a look-see.
    I gave wrong info earlier.
    They have not released floors 12 to 16 but a quick look at the board showed that most units in the lower floors have been sold in the 2 towers that were released earlier.
    For the newly-released towers there were many 'reserved' units.
    Pretty impressed with the sizes and layouts of both the 1-bedder and 2-bedders.
    I chatted with my agent and also a senior chap from FEO whom I was introduced to; wow, he bought 2 units and gave some updates on the MRT link, canal "waterway" and heavy vehicle park etc.

So looks like all bought up by FEO "senior chaps"?

Showflat opened yesterday so went for a look-see.
    I gave wrong info earlier.
    They have not released floors 12 to 16 but a quick look at the board showed that most units in the lower floors have been sold in the 2 towers that were released earlier.
    For the newly-released towers there were many 'reserved' units.
    Pretty impressed with the sizes and layouts of both the 1-bedder and 2-bedders.
    I chatted with my agent and also a senior chap from FEO whom I was introduced to; wow, he bought 2 units and gave some updates on the MRT link, canal "waterway" and heavy vehicle park etc.

To have a project beside the heavy vehicle park is a negative point so why would the FEO chap highlight that?

FEO not only treats outside buyers as carrot head, but also their own employees

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    So looks like all bought up by FEO "senior chaps"?

Well he was a friendly chap so we talked about the merits and demerits of each facing.
    The CCK road facing (100% unobstructed) gets morning sun and you see the LRT track and trains.
    The Woodlands road facing (swimming pool view) (largely unobstructed but units will have diagonal views of others) commands the usual pool premium and faces the Bt Panjang flats.
    There is purportedly 105m distance between the two outer towers.
    The rear view (100% unobstructed) gets afternoon sun and faces the soon-to-be-defunct KTM line, a small low-rise SingPost building and Teck Whye flats in the distance.
    The heavy vehicle park side (100% unobstructed) gets partial afternoon sun.
    There is a wide canal there which separates the building from the vehicle park so there is a buffer should that site be re-developed later.

Well he was a friendly chap so we talked about the merits and demerits of each facing.
    The CCK road facing (100% unobstructed) gets morning sun and you see the LRT track and trains.
    The Woodlands road facing (swimming pool view) (largely unobstructed but units will have diagonal views of others) commands the usual pool premium and faces the Bt Panjang flats.
    There is purportedly 105m distance between the two outer towers.
    The rear view (100% unobstructed) gets afternoon sun and faces the soon-to-be-defunct KTM line, a small low-rise SingPost building and Teck Whye flats in the distance.
    The heavy vehicle park side (100% unobstructed) gets partial afternoon sun.
    There is a wide canal there which separates the building from the vehicle park so there is a buffer should that site be re-developed later.
    as long dun face the BUSY road..

as long dun face the BUSY road..
    Yes, agreed.
    I think of The Linear, the condos right next to the AYE and the luxury ones along Grange and River Valley roads and I shudder.....

Default The tennery

I just bought a unit in the tennery today...was impressed by the showflat and the facilities. With the high ceiling, the 2 bedder is effectively a 3 bedder...

Quote Originally Posted by monstertoi

I just bought a unit in the tennery today...was impressed by the showflat and the facilities. With the high ceiling, the 2 bedder is effectively a 3 bedder...
    gratz

the showflat located at the actual site?

Yes the showroom in actual site..when i was there..it was more than 50% sold

Congrats. I also bought a unit there as well.

Doesnt FEO always price much higher than market rate? What is the psf?

how can a 2 bedder be a 3 bedder? Unless what you bought is a 2 + 1, with a study that can be converted to a bedroom. What is the size of the 2 bedder you bought and what did you pay?

Quote Originally Posted by monstertoi