Page 230 of 240 FirstFirst ... 200205210215220225226227228229230231232233234235 ... LastLast
Results 6,871 to 6,900 of 7185

Thread: Waterview (D18, 99-year Leasehold, Sim Lian Group)

In my humble opinion too late to change... Stamp duty 10% and recently my frd monthly income of $8600 can only loan $500k for 25year loan. TDS really kill.

Quote Originally Posted by thechoi
    Bro desquire, cheer up...you still have your hdb right? You can still have the option to sell wv n buy a better one. You are not the pathetic one, it the developer n designer who are...i just feel embarassed by them.
    hate to say this. but the blue looks ugly. and the overall appearance/ design looks very hdb flat-like. together, the project, though new, looks like a very old hdb estate that have weathered many many storms.

I ever brought my friend from overseas to see WV from the car park. she said the condo next WV looks much better

i think we have to spend $$$ to repaint it. last time Tropica also painted in peach color, very low class one, after change to earth color by own fund, now it looks much more class...
    Quote Originally Posted by clemdale24
    hate to say this. but the blue looks ugly. and the overall appearance/ design looks very hdb flat-like. together, the project, though new, looks like a very old hdb estate that have weathered many many storms.

so little? what's the fomular?
    $8600x12 => $100K per year. how to derive from this $100K?
    Quote Originally Posted by star
    In my humble opinion too late to change... Stamp duty 10% and recently my frd monthly income of $8600 can only loan $500k for 25year loan. TDS really kill.

Quote Originally Posted by thechoi
    Bro desquire, cheer up...you still have your hdb right? You can still have the option to sell wv n buy a better one. You are not the pathetic one, it the developer n designer who are...i just feel embarassed by them.
    Thanks there. Will see what's the next step now...
    Þú vissir af mér
    ‘Eg vissi af þér
    Við vissum alltaf að þetta myndi enda

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    WV ceiling height is 2.8m only, hard to find a nice one off-the-shelf.

U can see the photo for NV, shared by bro Shadus.... Looks good! Hope not too expensive

Loft bed looks nice but not safe for young kids especially when they wake up in the middle of the night to visit loo. For older kids, they may need to "crawl" in to the bed.

Agreed.... End up maybe a white elephant

Bro how is your ID sourcing? Did u approach Stanley?
    Quote Originally Posted by kEN9170
    Loft bed looks nice but not safe for young kids especially when they wake up in the middle of the night to visit loo. For older kids, they may need to "crawl" in to the bed.

From the Minton thread, it seems they are ready for TOP any time...

Back to WV, our landscape so cheapo End of this week is end of August Liao, don't think we can receive payment request by August...

But even at this time, there are a group of workers busy at blk 77 for the landscape now.... Still got hope

Quote Originally Posted by desquire
    Thanks for your advise. Appreciate it.
    Brudder, something for u to digest

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...es/746448.html

http://www.sgnewlaunch.org/qbay.html

What do u think waterview will be worth when MCC Land launch parcel B????

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Food for thot...

I ever brought my friend from overseas to see WV from the car park. she said the condo next WV looks much better

i think we have to spend $$$ to repaint it. last time Tropica also painted in peach color, very low class one, after change to earth color by own fund, now it looks much more class...
    SL told me if residents still have issue about colour after TOP still can discuss , we just need sufficient support among residents to open a forum with SL. Recently it seems nobody have issue with colour. I felt exactly the same, embarrassed by the developer and its architect.

Quote Originally Posted by clemdale24
    WV's blue reminds me of some factory buildings nearby.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Kengar
    SL told me if residents still have issue about colour after TOP still can discuss , we just need sufficient support among residents to open a forum with SL. Recently it seems nobody have issue with colour. I felt exactly the same, embarrassed by the developer and its architect.

Dear WV

By then, everyone is busying moving in, can't be bothered about color, that's what we believe SL would think. It'll die of natural death if we stop here.
    We've since larrying with our friends & relatives to boycott future projects with them. We don't expect to have good workmanship with the interior either & Juz hope there'll be less defects to complain. Sigh...............
    Well what to do, what's done cannot be undone, live with it or sell now, still can make some profits.

Bro, thanks for ur persistence ! Appreciate it

It seems SL selected wrong design firm, and they have no much control once outsourced.... Typical vendor mgmt issue

I think it's positive that SL is still open for discussion! We shall try our best to do it after TOP, we have one year time before fully paid.

Be positive! We have much better view, closer to park and yet cheapest among the new condo next year with the nice color, price will getting higher for bro Desquire to sell at record high

Quote Originally Posted by Kengar

Angie, big boy, no worry about the color.... Bro Kengar has done a good job! We keep our hope after we move in.

We will discuss with SL when most of us move in and settle down. Hopefully we can repaint it without our own fund

If sell now, can make $$$, but where to buy such beautiful place at such beautiful price?

Don't forget u can just walk to the park so easily, many ppl drive or take bus to reservoir for excise leh...

Just to add on, one Ang moh I know just rented one unit in reservoir area, I asked him why? He said he like reservoir, and that's the life style many ppl look for....

So cheer, and be proud of being WVer
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBoy
    WV's blue reminds me of some factory buildings nearby.
    Quote Originally Posted by angiedan78
    Dear WV

By then, everyone is busying moving in, can't be bothered about color, that's what we believe SL would think. It'll die of natural death if we stop here.
    We've since larrying with our friends & relatives to boycott future projects with them. We don't expect to have good workmanship with the interior either & Juz hope there'll be less defects to complain. Sigh...............
    Well what to do, what's done cannot be undone, live with it or sell now, still can make some profits.

Big bro, you are so kind!

Thanks for the sharing! With more higher land bidding, and the direction of redeveloping PLAB, WV will be much much worthy...

Dear bear bear Desquire, do u want to think twice before u really want to give up your water+pool facing unit?

Color, Micky Mouse ear all can be resolved with small effort... only the space issue need your high IQ to figure out
    Quote Originally Posted by chestnut

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Food for thot...

Big bro, you are so kind!

Thanks for the sharing! With more higher land bidding, and the direction of redeveloping PLAB, WV will be much much worthy...

Dear bear bear Desquire, do u want to think twice before u really want to give up your water+pool facing unit?

Color, Micky Mouse ear all can be resolved with small effort... only the space issue need your high IQ to figure out

Actually, it is interesting... If you look at Clover by the Park, it is the same... Lots of complaints... The project is also by Sim Lian.... I also have Clover by the Park. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Some how Sim Lian kanna shit in this forum... Dont know why??? HAHAHAHAHAHA

I buy Sim Lian project because they always price 'fair'. Of course in terms of finishing, cannot beat CDL... But you pay more for finishing with CDL, MCL, etc...

But I buying for investment, so different requirements....

Wish u guys best of luck with the colour scheme....

Cheers

It looks like a difficult job to change the bedsheets for this.

You can't have thick mattresses or you will break your back.

WV ceiling height is 2.8m only, hard to find a nice one off-the-shelf.

U can see the photo for NV, shared by bro Shadus.... Looks good! Hope not too expensive

Due to small space, that is why look into loft bed,...
    There is off the shelf type, but need to check them out physically,...
    Not sure about workmanship,...that is why asking for opinion,...though I do agreed it is more for older kids,...

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Food for thot...
    Haha. Thanks bro!!!
    Þú vissir af mér
    ‘Eg vissi af þér

Bro, thanks for ur persistence ! Appreciate it

It seems SL selected wrong design firm, and they have no much control once outsourced.... Typical vendor mgmt issue

I think it's positive that SL is still open for discussion! We shall try our best to do it after TOP, we have one year time before fully paid.

Be positive! We have much better view, closer to park and yet cheapest among the new condo next year with the nice color, price will getting higher for bro Desquire to sell at record high
    It's more of a home for me if I were to stay. Not overly concerned about the record prices. Mine's just another simple unit lah. Yours is a confirmed 'Record' big time... Hahaha.
    Þú vissir af mér
    ‘Eg vissi af þér

Dear WV

We share the same thoughts and sentiments... Meanwhile, we just have to bite our tongue and see what's the final outcome to 'these'...
    Þú vissir af mér
    ‘Eg vissi af þér

Quote Originally Posted by kEN9170
    Ya... i understand the safety concern with kids myself....

Actually, i use to sleep on a double deck bed myself as a kid... and in Army, i had to take the top deck coz my buddy dun dare to sleep on it...haha

Dear WV

My friend has just moved into her SL condo (Rocelle@Newton). Her ID commented that the SL workmanship is not bad...better than FEO projects! So no need to be so pessimistic

Quote Originally Posted by athenl
    Due to small space, that is why look into loft bed,...
    There is off the shelf type, but need to check them out physically,...
    Not sure about workmanship,...that is why asking for opinion,...though I do agreed it is more for older kids,...
    What is the minimum floor-to-ceiling height to have a comfortable loft? Hmm..i think at least 3.5m? Our WV only about 2.8m...

Quote Originally Posted by minami-san
    My friend has just moved into her SL condo (Rocelle@Newton). Her ID commented that the SL workmanship is not bad...better than FEO projects! So no need to be so pessimistic
    This is really nice to know and am defintely looking forward to shift in WV once TOP... As for the rest of the issues, I will just let nature takes it course and focus on the bright side of things. Life will be more beautiful then :-)

Quote Originally Posted by minami-san
    Workmanship is better because Newton is somewhere upmarket?

Smile

Angie, big boy, no worry about the color.... Bro Kengar has done a good job! We keep our hope after we move in.

We will discuss with SL when most of us move in and settle down. Hopefully we can repaint it without our own fund

If sell now, can make $$$, but where to buy such beautiful place at such beautiful price?

Don't forget u can just walk to the park so easily, many ppl drive or take bus to reservoir for excise leh...

Just to add on, one Ang moh I know just rented one unit in reservoir area, I asked him why? He said he like reservoir, and that's the life style many ppl look for....

So cheer, and be proud of being WVer

Sis EL

Thanks for the comfort words. U r right, bro kengar did a good job but our forum + FB MUST demand SL to do something about the color before the one year expires. Expect a lot of running to larrying everyone to petition against the current color. We must join hands & perseverance will prevail.
    U r absolutely right, where to get such cheap condo now + govt Juz announced PR can only buy house 3 years after issuance of status, expect rental & sale of condos or HDB to go go go up up up the way!
    Cheers to all WV residents!

I am a repeat customer of Sim Lian... If their work is bad, you think I will buy again...????

I also own Clover by the Park....

Hahahahaha

I am a repeat customer of Sim Lian... If their work is bad, you think I will buy again...????

I also own Clover by the Park....

Hahahahaha
    Dear Chestnut

Pple purchased houses for many reasons, just like you've said, you bought SL units for investment, therefore be it in quality or colors, no issues to you but for pple living in for good instead of investment, i believe it's a total different story.
    of course, different pple have different opinions, what we want to derive in this forum is to SHAKE the developer up & ensure that what we pay / see at the show flat is what we get, they SHOULD NOT short change or change something that we do not even know of & went ahead doing it, simple as that!
    We also expect not all of you will join hands in lobbying the color scheme issue but with majority force, we trust we'll get something out of it.
    Appreciate those with our sentiments.

What i am saying is - if their workmanship is bad, would I buy again????

I am not talking about the colour lar....

For me a home needs to be beautiful on the inside with nice neighbours... that's all....

I have bought a townhouse to stay in (still own the place - rented out) and the finishing sucks.... I endured the 'tourture' staying there regretting.... What should have been in my mind was, move on... I have learnt from my 'mistake'.... The pain was not worth it... So now i more open minded and do what makes me happy vs 'complaining and regretting'....

It is really up to you folks how you want to take it right... You control your own feelings... There is nothing wrong about not liking the colour blue... Just be prepared to 'live with it' if it cannot change... Yes, you guys need to gather and gartner some comradie to resolve this issue with the developer... if you guys want me in, no problem... I will gladly sign the document... Cheers....

Dont get so uptight before the finished product...

You still have 3 months to go leh.... Relax and enjoy.... you guys have a facebook site right... Still can discuss wat...

Trust me, if the unit is ugly, it will also affect my investment rite...

Many complain about Clover by the Park initially... But whenever I go there during construction, I feel shiok....

I am not saying all this to make Waterview prices go up... My opinion is not many people view this site... There are offers coming in for Waterview... Think about it, if the site is so ugly, why people still buy resale???? One man's poison is another man's meat....

What looks ugly to you does not mean it looks ugly to me leh.... You cannot insist that I dislike it rite????

I find Sim Lian projects very funtional.... but some people say too many corridor... Again, it is all about preference...

You have every reason to dislike and I will not stop you from feeling that way...

Cheers

Dear Chestnut

Pple purchased houses for many reasons, just like you've said, you bought SL units for investment, therefore be it in quality or colors, no issues to you but for pple living in for good instead of investment, i believe it's a total different story.
    of course, different pple have different opinions, what we want to derive in this forum is to SHAKE the developer up & ensure that what we pay / see at the show flat is what we get, they SHOULD NOT short change or change something that we do not even know of & went ahead doing it, simple as that!
    We also expect not all of you will join hands in lobbying the color scheme issue but with majority force, we trust we'll get something out of it.
    Appreciate those with our sentiments.