Page 6 of 240 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111621263136 ... LastLast

Thread: Waterview (D18, 99-year Leasehold, Sim Lian Group)

Quote Originally Posted by Kengar
    In my view the Waterfront projects have invested more $ in the showroom ID than Waterview. Probably it is better to check with the Waterfront developers exactly what are not provided in the final deliverable compared to the showroom.

Have you seen Waterview Showroom before? I think there is really little ID effort in there :P

Location wise, my friends commented Tropica/Waterview seems out of the place. Maybe this caused a difference in pricing.

East Lover, I recently "borrowed" the Tropica function room to host a party, my friends loves the place very much, especially the site layout and the function room.
    Yes, if you stay in Tropica or waterview, you will love this area, we go for life style, hehehe

but hoh, when waterview and new EC built, i also hope got more shops nearby. hehehe

bingo! needs to live here to understand the why one would buy the waterview when she can buy any condo anywhere else.

eastlover and i viewed a 4br at tropica and the
    quiet reservoir view was mesmerizingly

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    Yes, if you stay in Tropica or waterview, you will love this area, we go for life style, hehehe

but hoh, when waterview and new EC built, i also hope got more shops nearby. hehehe

I hope so too! When i jogged there yesterday, only got a petrol station with Old Chang Kee nearby. The reservoir view is really very nice!

By the way. Tropica got shuttle bus to MRT station right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tingwei
    I hope so too! When i jogged there yesterday, only got a petrol station with Old Chang Kee nearby. The reservoir view is really very nice!

By the way. Tropica got shuttle bus to MRT station right?
    No, Tropica no shuttle bus to MRT station. But I have no idea why, maybe majority of residents are driving here, so no demand??? Bro McKinnon, you know the histroy?

sorry i dunno lei..

No, Tropica no shuttle bus to MRT station. But I have no idea why, maybe majority of residents are driving here, so no demand??? Bro McKinnon, you know the histroy?

Hope they have something interesting near the WV/Tropica side:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...103487/1/.html

Remaking Hougang, East Coast, Jurong Lake:

.... For East Coast, the HDB will remake the area surrounding East Coast Park and Bedok Reservoir into a recreational hub for Singaporeans....

Hope they have something interesting near the WV/Tropica side:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...103487/1/.html

Remaking Hougang, East Coast, Jurong Lake:

.... For East Coast, the HDB will remake the area surrounding East Coast Park and Bedok Reservoir into a recreational hub for Singaporeans....
    I'm wondering when are they going to remake the quarry park as they 'promised' in their 2008 master plan

Master Plan 2008

Boost to East Region as international gateway
    24. New Tampines Quarry Park

1. Residents can visit the new beautiful waterfront Tampines Quarry Park which will be developed around the Tampines quarry.
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/pr03-19.html

I have heard and look at the WV for those blocks facing the quarry. Evening Sun? anyone thought of that will it be hot?

Quote Originally Posted by aimtowin
    I have heard and look at the WV for those blocks facing the quarry. Evening Sun? anyone thought of that will it be hot?
    yes, it will be hot, and that's not evening sun, instead, it's afternoon west sun starts from noon to 7PM .

on top of the afternoon sun issue, those units will also face road noise issue as the traffic in ave 10 is supper heavy.

anyone knows the sales progress for those units? will Sim Lian lower the price or give something free to attract the buyers?

Maybe need to give our "Dear MPs" a gentle reminder during their walkabout / election campaign. Since they are the World Best Paid Civil Service Professionals.

Let's also ask them to have an extension for the Downtown line to the WV,Tropica, and upcoming EC (beside Caltex) area.

I'm wondering when are they going to remake the quarry park as they 'promised' in their 2008 master plan

Master Plan 2008

Boost to East Region as international gateway
    24. New Tampines Quarry Park
    1. Residents can visit the new beautiful waterfront Tampines Quarry Park which will be developed around the Tampines quarry.
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/pr03-19.html

yes, it will be hot, and that's not evening sun, instead, it's afternoon west sun starts from noon to 7PM .

on top of the afternoon sun issue, those units will also face road noise issue as the traffic in ave 10 is supper heavy.

anyone knows the sales progress for those units? will Sim Lian lower the price or give something free to attract the buyers?
    Noticed there were no advertisments in the newspapers during last weekend after the showrooms were re-opened after the "festive season"... looks like developer not urgent to sell, or maybe comfortable with the progress so far?

Noticed there were no advertisments in the newspapers during last weekend after the showrooms were re-opened after the "festive season"... looks like developer not urgent to sell, or maybe comfortable with the progress so far?
    Or no confident it will sell even if they advertise??

Maybe need to give our "Dear MPs" a gentle reminder during their walkabout / election campaign. Since they are the World Best Paid Civil Service Professionals.

Let's also ask them to have an extension for the Downtown line to the WV,Tropica, and upcoming EC (beside Caltex) area.
    Got a newsletter last month (in my letterbox)or so regarding the Downtown Line being close to Temasek Poly. One of the exits will be right in front of the HDB block 933-if i am not wrong. I'm sure it'll be linked somehow to the other side of it which is TP.

Guess it will probably have 2 exits or so. All we need to do is probably walk a few minutes and we'll be there. Not that very far... still manageable

Quote Originally Posted by desquire
    Got a newsletter last month (in my letterbox)or so regarding the Downtown Line being close to Temasek Poly. One of the exits will be right in front of the HDB block 933-if i am not wrong. I'm sure it'll be linked somehow to the other side of it which is TP.

Guess it will probably have 2 exits or so. All we need to do is probably walk a few minutes and we'll be there. Not that very far... still manageable
    TP is a very long stretch...better off taking bus

Quote Originally Posted by patricia
    Or no confident it will sell even if they advertise??
    Latest that I've heard... 80% or so sold... Hot stacks gone in the HOT oven... the rest are low floors and some 'less hot' stacks...

Looking forward to the exits...lets vote to be near at the tropical/VW entrance...

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    haha.. true but if it's an underground one with little shops along the way like 'city link' ... then it seriously doesn't feel long... heheheh...

Quote Originally Posted by aimtowin
    Looking forward to the exits...lets vote to be near at the tropical/VW entrance...
    Is there really such a thing as a vote?? I don't even know if they're constructing a 'bridge' over the big drain linking to the reservoir...

Again we can always walk along the side of the main road... as an alternative... kekkeke...

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Agree TP is very long stretch, at least 4 bus stops distance from the boarding stop (Caltex) to the alighting stop (Downtown Line bus stop @ BLK 993).

I find it confusing why they did not have a station in the middle of TP, the open field near the overhead bridge would make more sense to serve the students.

hahaha! good idea! yes, since they are the World Best Paid Civil Service Professionals, we should demand the World Class Civil Service as well.

yes, election is coming, our dear George Yeo may come to Tropica to shake hand with us???

I visited Taiwan recently, and was told that Taipei can deliver subway one line per year! now you can go to almost everywhere in Taipei by MRT. And in Beijing and Shang hai, MRT lines were delivered very rapidly and reached to almost everywhere.

I don't understand why downline line needs to take 7 years in such a small island....comparing with other big cities, singapore just has too little MRT lines.

And it's possible to have an extension to TP, WV/Troica, because i know there are several extension in Tokyo subway we took MRT everyday to everywhere in Tokyo, during our visit there, it's super convenient, even you speak little Japanese!

If STB wants to promo Singapore, they should have better public transport, to allow ppl travel easily!
    Last edited by East Lover; 10-01-11 at 13:06.

Smile 有梦最美!

Agree TP is very long stretch, at least 4 bus stops distance from the boarding stop (Caltex) to the alighting stop (Downtown Line bus stop @ BLK 993).

I find it confusing why they did not have a station in the middle of TP, the open field near the overhead bridge would make more sense to serve the students.
    found this map again in google! i know it's not updated, but maybe in someday we will have such line to go to city hall directly!

Default 和式多功能房‏

假如您家有一个不太大的空间,并希望好好地利用它,既能会友娱乐,又可休息读书,更可收纳许多物品,那么和室恐怕是最好的选择。

和室,原指日本式住宅中的卧室。但是随着个性化装修的普及,现在所说的和室通常是指开放式空间的泛称。它是一种多元化的功能设计,可依照主人需求,设计成喝茶、视听、客房、休闲、书房等空间,其中还融合了中式、欧式等风格。只要有一个空间略高且有拉门、折叠门或卷帘等,能达到空间自由开合的效果,就可称为和室。同时,由于其并不受制于空间的大小,因此这种和室装修受到越来越多家庭的青睐。
    和室装饰常见的造型比较简洁明快,以清雅为主,不宜过于繁复。所用的装饰品、布艺及家具都应配日式风格,并使用天然木材、砖石、草藤、棉布、麻料等原始材料。当然,和室风格也可做得别致一点儿,但原则上是不能脱离和室的清雅本色。一席榻榻米、一张矮几、几只垫子、一扇格子门窗与一盏淡雅的日式纸灯……简洁的屏风,简单的色调,都能恰到好处地体现出和室风格的精简及含蓄。
    据阔达和轻舟的几位家装设计师介绍,近年来,国际流行的东方禅味让和室风格的装修大行其道。对于普通家庭来说,客厅、主卧、厨卫等大多数空间的装修风格和所用家具还是以现代风格为主,而客房或休闲厅等则使用和室风格的居多。那么,越来越受到关注的和室究竟有哪些与众不同的功能,既可以营造室内气氛,又有满足平常的使用呢?
    ●一室多用 很多人在装修时希望在家里设计一个休闲区或给自己的爱好留下空间,最普遍的要算利用和室设置茶室或视听室了。以木地板为主要地面材料,做出一个可供人休息的地台,一组矮柜的设计,简洁明朗的推拉门和一张松软的地毯,加上几个随意的抱枕,封闭的和室不仅是一间很舒适的房间,而且既能会客,又可以成为一个随意的休闲区域,是个不错的“家庭影剧院”,还可兼做书屋、客房。
    ●小屋变大 有些家庭的房间面积有限,如只有六、七平方米,采光又不好,将其设计成和室后,由于和室家具不像一般家具往上发展,而是另类的思维,往下发展,使视野所及的高度大大降低,这样视觉负担减轻,感觉空间变开阔,小空间也能变“大”了。而且,和室家具线条简约、质朴,从而摆脱了空间的局限,居室看起来干净利落。例如设计师可将和室中间的地板设计成活动式,内藏一个可折叠的小桌,用时将其支起,平时可把小桌收起放在地板下。
    ●收纳杂物 由于目前的装修中,和室的设计通常是采用木地板,并将地面架高的方式,因此木地板的下方就成了非常好的收纳场所。在和室的靠墙处,利用掀盖式的方式,可收藏许多过季寝具。在和室靠近拉门的地板下设置抽屉或小门,可置入拖鞋、工具箱等杂物。和室的天花板同样可以作为一个储物空间,收纳物品。如果把和室作为工作室,当然少不了各种电器的线路,可以利用合适的墙脚板来收纳、隐藏各种线路,让整个和室看起来整洁清爽

Talking

Wiw. Impressive. Very updated. So it's right at 933. Not too close neither is it too far. Anyway I guess most but not all of us hv our own medium of transport.

that's abt 1.3km away...quite a distance to walk
    hungry eat sleepy sleep

Quote Originally Posted by acidic.straw
    that's abt 1.3km away...quite a distance to walk
    Went marketing over the weekend. End up trying to walk from Prime Mart over to the other side of the road where WV is.. closer than my current street 71. Oncve we cross the road, its already within reach.

MRT wise, being a few bus stops away is alright to many of us i think. I'm just wondering why is it located over the other side at Blk 933 (maybe construction feasibility?) cause it will b a little frustrating for pupils from TP (or would it?).

Went marketing over the weekend. End up trying to walk from Prime Mart over to the other side of the road where WV is.. closer than my current street 71. Oncve we cross the road, its already within reach.

MRT wise, being a few bus stops away is alright to many of us i think. I'm just wondering why is it located over the other side at Blk 933 (maybe construction feasibility?) cause it will b a little frustrating for pupils from TP (or would it?).
    same question... even LTA may build a exit to TP east gate, it will take a while to walk to the real train station. Guess it's due to the big water container (don't know what to call) in TP side? so LTA has no choice?

The way LTA places the Bedok Reservoir Station puzzles me.. it is located right beside BayWater and Waterfront Condos, seems like benefiting the non-HDB residents more.

HDB residents staying around Clearwater and Bedok North Street 3 will have to cross the overhead bridges to get to the station, and residents staying at Blocks 71X will have to walk abit.

The way LTA places the Bedok Reservoir Station puzzles me.. it is located right beside BayWater and Waterfront Condos, seems like benefiting the non-HDB residents more.

HDB residents staying around Clearwater and Bedok North Street 3 will have to cross the overhead bridges to get to the station, and residents staying at Blocks 71X will have to walk abit.
    very valid point! public transport always put HDB residents as first priority.

BTW, FEO has share in waterfront collections. possible they have someone very powerful inside, can influence LTA decision, in order to benefit their projects???

New cooling measures!

The holding period for imposition of Seller's Stamp Duty (SSD) will be increased from the current three years to four years.

The SSD rates will be raised to 16 per cent, 12 per cent, 8 per cent and 4 per cent of consideration for residential properties which are bought on or after January 14, 2011, and are sold in the first, second, third and fourth year of purchase respectively;

And for property purchasers who are individuals with one or more outstanding housing loans at the time of the new home, the LTV limit on housing loans granted by financial institutions regulated by MAS will be lowered from 70 per cent to 60 per cent.

The measures will take effect on January 14, 2011.