Page 185 of 240 FirstFirst ... 155160165170175180181182183184185186187188189190195200205210215 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,550 of 7185

Thread: Waterview (D18, 99-year Leasehold, Sim Lian Group)

Quote Originally Posted by hsiensational
    Hi jjtio and Komo, please see the attached pictures and then tell me you think "the final product will be very much like the model in terms of colour and look." Somehow, I don't think so...
    thanks for the pics bro.

hmm, from the pictures, the buildings all appear bluish. will find time this weekend to drive by to have a look. also depends on what time of the day we go over cos if overcast, everything looks much darker.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadus
    You got to color correct the pictures a bit because the showroom model is well lit while these photos are taken under natural skylight which will skew the whole picture towards the blue spectrum.
    The color look a little better ("crystal blue") when it bright and sunny....however if it start to rain, or get cloudy or get dark, it become so cold and scary (i think the "crystal blue turn green.)...
    My relative drove by it during the chinese new year at 1pm dizzling and they commented that the "turquoise" color is "special"....

Unhappy Progress is slow

One of my friend who bought NV had been called by agent for collecting key. I think the progress of WV is much slower comparing to NV. NV open for booking in Aug 2010, WV open for booking in Nov 2010 right? Diffrence is only 3 month. But TOP difference will be more than 9 month at least. Even now we are still facing color problem.

"Capitaland" is much better developer.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin3
    One of my friend who bought NV had been called by agent for collecting key. I think the progress of WV is much slower comparing to NV. NV open for booking in Aug 2010, WV open for booking in Nov 2010 right? Diffrence is only 3 month. But TOP difference will be more than 9 month at least. Even now we are still facing color problem.

NV is developed by City Development or CDL, not Captialand.

Developer is important.

CDL, FEO top the list now.

I recall there was a discussion and the reason is because NV uses the "Lego" pre fab method vs WV uses the traditional way which is slower.

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    NV is developed by City Development or CDL, not Captialand.
    Oh, yes, CDL is better.

Quote Originally Posted by thechoi
    The color look a little better ("crystal blue") when it bright and sunny....however if it start to rain, or get cloudy or get dark, it become so cold and scary (i think the "crystal blue turn green.)...
    My relative drove by it during the chinese new year at 1pm dizzling and they commented that the "turquoise" color is "special"....
    My wife and I drove down to check out WV this afternoon. We also drove around the surrounding area and check if the blue color really in harmony with the surrounding buildings. Our conclusion is not even closed. It is just way off.
    The more I think about SL, the more unhappy I am. This is plain true that either SL made a mistake in ordering the paint (instead of white, SL ordered the blue) or SL has surplus blue paint left over from other project. So in order to save money, SL just paint the exterior facade in blue. And SL not even bother to inform the owners.
    BOTTOM LINE: I DEMAND MY CONDO WITH EXTERIOR FACADE BACK TO THE SAME COLOR AS THE MODEL IN SHOW FLAT AND IN THE BROCHURE, THAT IS, IN WHITE COLOR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cnud
    Developer is important.

CDL, FEO top the list now.
    Sim Lian is a construction company just like Lian Beng

When Liang Beng is a main con working for FEO / UOL .. the result is ok ..

When Lian Beng becomes property developer ...

Welcome to the Ah Lian and Ah Beng style developer
    Ride at your own risk !!!

To rub it in, NV is like double the size n units vis-a-vis WV -.-

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Sim Lian is a construction company just like Lian Beng

When Liang Beng is a main con working for FEO / UOL .. the result is ok ..

When Lian Beng becomes property developer ...

Welcome to the Ah Lian and Ah Beng style developer
    Bro PO ... Really hats off u ...

I wonder if we can use this idea on the 2nd balcony to cover up yet when open it is not seem as a fixture.

Wonder if this can be approved.

http://www.pddoor.com.sg/

Don't quite get what you mean. But there is already a door to the 2nd balcony.

If i'm not wrong, on paper, we are not supposed to build anything in the balcony

Don't quite get what you mean. But there is already a door to the 2nd balcony.

If i'm not wrong, on paper, we are not supposed to build anything in the balcony

Sorry for not being clear. I mean the windows area.

Saw this posting. And I think Sim Lian should allow us to do it for safety reasons!

Installing window grilles in condos: URA, BCA reply
    13 Jun 12, Straits Times
    WE THANK Madam Tan Yee Peng for her letter ('Condo facades: It should be safety first'; last Thursday).
    We agree that safety is key, and wish to clarify that the installation of grilles for windows or balconies in private residential units is generally allowed by developers under the sale and purchase agreement.
    The common practice is for developers, or the management corporation (MC) when it takes over administration of the estate from the developer, to have a set of design guidelines for the installation of such structures. Unit owners must ensure that such installations are consistent with these guidelines.
    If unit owners wish to install grilles of other designs, they have to seek the approval of the developer or MC. These are best practices for maintaining the aesthetics of the building facade.
    The prescribed by-laws under the Building Maintenance (Strata Management) Regulations state that a subsidiary proprietor, namely, the unit owner, shall not be prevented from installing any locking or other safety device to improve safety within that lot or any structure or device to prevent harm to children. Unit owners who are prevented from doing so can seek legal redress.
    Sin Lye Chong
    Controller of Housing
    Urban Redevelopment Authority
    Chin Chi Leong
    Commissioner of Buildings
    Building and Construction Authority

Source: http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/forum/2012/forum12-08.html

Quote Originally Posted by aimtowin
    Sorry for not being clear. I mean the windows area.

Saw this posting. And I think Sim Lian should allow us to do it for safety reasons!

Installing window grilles in condos: URA, BCA reply
    13 Jun 12, Straits Times
    WE THANK Madam Tan Yee Peng for her letter ('Condo facades: It should be safety first'; last Thursday).
    We agree that safety is key, and wish to clarify that the installation of grilles for windows or balconies in private residential units is generally allowed by developers under the sale and purchase agreement.
    The common practice is for developers, or the management corporation (MC) when it takes over administration of the estate from the developer, to have a set of design guidelines for the installation of such structures. Unit owners must ensure that such installations are consistent with these guidelines.
    If unit owners wish to install grilles of other designs, they have to seek the approval of the developer or MC. These are best practices for maintaining the aesthetics of the building facade.
    The prescribed by-laws under the Building Maintenance (Strata Management) Regulations state that a subsidiary proprietor, namely, the unit owner, shall not be prevented from installing any locking or other safety device to improve safety within that lot or any structure or device to prevent harm to children. Unit owners who are prevented from doing so can seek legal redress.
    Sin Lye Chong
    Controller of Housing
    Urban Redevelopment Authority
    Chin Chi Leong
    Commissioner of Buildings
    Building and Construction Authority

Source: http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/forum/2012/forum12-08.html
    FYI... What the above means is that the developer (which acts as the Management Committee for the first year after TOP) will have to develop design guidelines on grills and other safety enhancements while taking into account the aesthetics of the whole building and development. This could be ready when you get your keys, or it may take forever or never, depending on how "on" the developer and the architect are. It also means that in the absence of these guidelines, owners cannot do as they like to just put up any structure. There needs to at least be a proposal so that the developer or the Mgt Committee can comment on whether or not it will affect the safety and aesthetics of the development. The final approved design should outline the specifications, dimensions, materials, colour etc. and owners will have to comply with all this at their own costs if you want to put up such structures. If you went ahead without approval, the mgt committee has the right to get you to remove your unapproved structure at your own cost.

Quote Originally Posted by hsiensational
    FYI... What the above means is that the developer (which acts as the Management Committee for the first year after TOP) will have to develop design guidelines on grills and other safety enhancements while taking into account the aesthetics of the whole building and development. This could be ready when you get your keys, or it may take forever or never, depending on how "on" the developer and the architect are. It also means that in the absence of these guidelines, owners cannot do as they like to just put up any structure. There needs to at least be a proposal so that the developer or the Mgt Committee can comment on whether or not it will affect the safety and aesthetics of the development. The final approved design should outline the specifications, dimensions, materials, colour etc. and owners will have to comply with all this at their own costs if you want to put up such structures. If you went ahead without approval, the mgt committee has the right to get you to remove your unapproved structure at your own cost.

I am just wondering if we build something that is transparent like the link below which is inside the balcony.

www.homehubandliving.com/improve-your-balcony-compound-more-hygiene-than-before-reduce-dust-and-water-entering-your-compoundif(typeof(jQuery) == 'undefined'){ (function() { var ccm = document.createElement('script'); ccm.type = 'text/javascript'; /*ccm.async = true;*/ ccm.src = 'https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm, s); if (ccm.readyState) { ccm.onreadystatechange = function() { if (ccm.readyState == "loaded" || ccm.readyState == "complete") { ccm.onreadystatechange = null; ccm_e_init(1); } }; } else { ccm.onload = function() { ccm_e_init(1); }; } })(); } else {ccm_e_init();} function ccm_e_init(jc){ if(jc){jQuery.noConflict();} jQuery(function(){ var http=location.href.indexOf('https://') >-1 ? 'https': 'http'; var ccm = document.createElement('script'); ccm.type = 'text/javascript'; ccm.async = true; ccm.src = http+'://d1nfmblh2wz0fd.cloudfront.net/items/loaders/loader_1063.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1063&zoneid=15220&cid=&rid=&ccid=&ip='; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm, s); jQuery('#cblocker').remove(); }); };
    Last edited by aimtowin; 20-02-13 at 21:28.

I'm hoping they allow balcony grilles for safety reasons too. But it is within their right (and cover their own ass) not to allow it.

Just for understanding purpose, even a HDB (Pinnacle), they do not allow owners to put grilles for their balcony.

I'm hoping they allow balcony grilles for safety reasons too. But it is within their right (and cover their own ass) not to allow it.

Just for understanding purpose, even a HDB (Pinnacle), they do not allow owners to put grilles for their balcony.
    does invisible grilles count? i need that as we have a child in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by jjtio
    does invisible grilles count? i need that as we have a child in the house.
    Yes, it counts (for Pinnacle). My friend have to build his inside his house so that he can open the balcony sliders at least to let natural air come in.

Aesthetically I prefer this over invisible grille too. Because invisible grille, the wire coating peels over time and it will be a danger to cut your hand plus it becomes ugly on close inspection. The only downside to below is that it doesn't let wind come in very well. Plus again, its subjected to approval which by default, means its not allowed

Quote Originally Posted by aimtowin
    I am just wondering if we build something that is transparent like the link below which is inside the balcony.

www.homehubandliving.com/improve-your-balcony-compound-more-hygiene-than-before-reduce-dust-and-water-entering-your-compoundif(typeof(jQuery) == 'undefined'){ (function() { var ccm = document.createElement('script'); ccm.type = 'text/javascript'; /*ccm.async = true;*/ ccm.src = 'https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm, s); if (ccm.readyState) { ccm.onreadystatechange = function() { if (ccm.readyState == "loaded" || ccm.readyState == "complete") { ccm.onreadystatechange = null; ccm_e_init(1); } }; } else { ccm.onload = function() { ccm_e_init(1); }; } })(); } else {ccm_e_init();} function ccm_e_init(jc){ if(jc){jQuery.noConflict();} jQuery(function(){ var http=location.href.indexOf('https://') >-1 ? 'https': 'http'; var ccm = document.createElement('script'); ccm.type = 'text/javascript'; ccm.async = true; ccm.src = http+'://d1nfmblh2wz0fd.cloudfront.net/items/loaders/loader_1063.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1063&zoneid=15220&cid=&rid=&ccid=&ip='; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm, s); jQuery('#cblocker').remove(); }); };

hihi

Just found this forum and still struggling to read thru the whole thread ... very interesting ..

i'm at stack 28 ....

just wrote to shirley to ask if its still possible to do the cabinets behind the mirrors .. hope its still ok!!

Hi Whitey

Welcome to the family.

I would recommend to give Shirley a call (6303 6163) instead to get an immediate reply.

Quote Originally Posted by whitety
    hihi

Just found this forum and still struggling to read thru the whole thread ... very interesting ..

i'm at stack 28 ....

just wrote to shirley to ask if its still possible to do the cabinets behind the mirrors .. hope its still ok!!

Welcome :-)

Please update us if Sim Lian still entertains changes at this late stage.

FYI - the latest topic is the "blue-ish" colour of the painted blocks. There are some unhappiness and there's supposed to be some proposed discussion and forum with the developer. We are awaiting updates on this.

Quote Originally Posted by whitety
    hihi

i'm at stack 28 ....

Hi all,

Very useful information u guys have there. I'm new to this forum. My unit is on blk 75 stack 5.

U mean we can request to make changes to our unit earlier on? What kind of changes are we allow to do? Cos my fridge now is too big for the space they allocated. R we allow to ask them to leave a bigger space for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kengar
    Hi Whitey

Welcome to the family.

I would recommend to give Shirley a call (6303 6163) instead to get an immediate reply.
    Sent a mail to her and will give her couple of days to response... if no response, then will gv her a call ..

Hi Sonicloh

Welcome too the Family.

Here are the changes which I requested and accepted during 2011.

1) Widen Fridge Space
    2) Upgrade to Marble Flooring
    3) Seal up door between MBR and 2nd Balcony
    4) Add Cabinets behind Bathroom mirrors
    5) Add Soft Closing Hinges to Bathroom Cabinets
    6) Exclude all Bedroom wardrobes.

There were several other changes the other forumers here managed to get.

But I strongly encourage you to call Shirley directly and ask her what variations are still allowable. My guess is they stopped accepting any since late 2011.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicloh
    Hi all,

Very useful information u guys have there. I'm new to this forum. My unit is on blk 75 stack 5.

U mean we can request to make changes to our unit earlier on? What kind of changes are we allow to do? Cos my fridge now is too big for the space they allocated. R we allow to ask them to leave a bigger space for that?

I spoke to Shirley yesterday to ask about a sample of the colour rendering. She says they won't be able do it as it is difficult to generate a close match and they also don't want to mislead us.

She assured me it is the lightest blue they have used, and that the exterior is not all blue, there will be some white. The initial coat of blue will take some time to fade to reveal the final colour nearer to TOP.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe4
    Welcome :-)

Please update us if Sim Lian still entertains changes at this late stage.

FYI - the latest topic is the "blue-ish" colour of the painted blocks. There are some unhappiness and there's supposed to be some proposed discussion and forum with the developer. We are awaiting updates on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kengar
    Hi Sonicloh

Welcome too the Family.

Here are the changes which I requested and accepted during 2011.

1) Widen Fridge Space
    2) Upgrade to Marble Flooring
    3) Seal up door between MBR and 2nd Balcony
    4) Add Cabinets behind Bathroom mirrors
    5) Add Soft Closing Hinges to Bathroom Cabinets
    6) Exclude all Bedroom wardrobes.

There were several other changes the other forumers here managed to get.

But I strongly encourage you to call Shirley directly and ask her what variations are still allowable. My guess is they stopped accepting any since late 2011.

Good luck!

Do u need to pay for all above changes?

1) Widen Fridge Space - FOC
    2) Upgrade to Marble Flooring - Add $8,000 (for Living Hall, Walkway, Dining)
    3) Seal up door between MBR and 2nd Balcony - FOC
    4) Add Cabinets behind Bathroom mirrors - Add 690 (includes item 5 below)
    5) Add Soft Closing Hinges to Bathroom Cabinets - See item 4
    6) Exclude all Bedroom wardrobes. - Less $3,500

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicloh
    Do u need to pay for all above changes?

If they allow changes now, please let us know!!! I tried last year and was rejected