Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Which TK devt is still considered a value-buy now?

Default Katong Gardens?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma
    Hey reuters, seems like you really do your homework. If i am looking for a property to invest in, budget about $1.4-1.5mil in D15, are there any projects you would recommend?
    Does anyone here have a POV on Katong Gardens? It's an older condo, tucked away off Tembling road. Within 1 km of Tao Nan.

Just called a few agents abt the katong and TK units, and wow...they sound rather bullish abt the market. Some even insisted the asking psf is very reasonable in today's market. I have this uneasy feeling something not so good is going to happen next yr.

Quote Originally Posted by penguin
    Just called a few agents abt the katong and TK units, and wow...they sound rather bullish abt the market. Some even insisted the asking psf is very reasonable in today's market. I have this uneasy feeling something not so good is going to happen next yr.
    I think it is best that you wait till you feel good about buying a place instead of purchasing it by emotional pressure. The only consequence of course is that there is a possibility that you may have to buy at a higher price later if the price refuses to drop as you had hoped, but Tao Nan is not the only good primary school around so you may end up buying near other good schools too.

Oh Im referring to resale units by the way.

Emma,

May I get your view why you think prices will be maintained for some time, before rising again next cycle (when? how soon?) You feel the potential govt curbs are not going to affect the market; massive supply of units going to TOP in 2012-2014 has enough demand to take them up, and when interest rates start rising? Very much appreciated!

of coz u feels uneasy....jus sold and cannot buy back anyting at reasonable price

nvm la....2yrs later if prices nvr drop...u can always buy a HDB to stay

reuters,

Yes i think i will take this approach of buying only when its a good bargain. No point fighting if the owner is someone trying to push their unit to beat the previous high. If nothing comes along, I'll just wait till end 2012. Yes, I know the only negative is that I may buy the same area at a higher price in 2012. But thats why I wish to know the odds of that happening.

reuters,

Yes i think i will take this approach of buying only when its a good bargain. No point fighting if the owner is someone trying to push their unit to beat the previous high. If nothing comes along, I'll just wait till end 2012. Yes, I know the only negative is that I may buy the same area at a higher price in 2012. But thats why I wish to know the odds of that happening.
    50% u can get it right....either big or small

devilplate,

yeah, i may consider a hdb near TNS if prices are even higher than now, in 2012. actually, not that i can't get anything reasonable now after selling my place. If I buy back my same area, I probably could. It's just the katong/east coast area pptys are pushing for new highs.

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    The Sea View is on the fringe so I guess you have to check with the school about that.
    Only two blocks in The Seaview are within 1km to TNS

To the majority, buying a house is one of the biggest investment decisions (sometime could be the most major one) to be made in life.

If u buy a house and see its price heading south, u will feel very very lousy to stay there.

I have a friend, sold his private landed property in D16 and migrated overseas in 2003. He returned to Sg in 2010 for good. The proceeds from the sale of landed property can now buy a HUDC in Tampines with some balance.

I went to Aalto yesterday, and was told that the developer has lowered the price, and those bot during launch are underwater. For Seafront@Meyer, are also not making much money as well.

As such, I always told frns that
    what to buy is knowledge
    and when to sell/buy is the wisdom.

You may also want to check with TN parents who have primary 1 kids in the next 2 years on the situation since you are a PV.
    reuters,

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    To the majority, buying a house is one of the biggest investment decisions (sometime could be the most major one) to be made in life.

If u buy a house and see its price heading south, u will feel very very lousy to stay there.

I have a friend, sold his private landed property in D16 and migrated overseas in 2003. He returned to Sg in 2010 for good. The proceeds from the sale of landed property can now buy a HUDC in Tampines with some balance.

I went to Aalto yesterday, and was told that the developer has lowered the price, and those bot during launch are underwater. For Seafront@Meyer, are also not making much money as well.

As such, I always told frns that
    what to buy is knowledge
    and when to sell/buy is the wisdom.
    Hi Laguna
    which agency is the developer sales team? Are most of the ads we see on aalto online selling direct from developer or resale from owner?

Oh Im referring to resale units by the way.

Emma,

May I get your view why you think prices will be maintained for some time, before rising again next cycle (when? how soon?) You feel the potential govt curbs are not going to affect the market; massive supply of units going to TOP in 2012-2014 has enough demand to take them up, and when interest rates start rising? Very much appreciated!
    I don't think i have enough expertise to go into such technicalities. my amateurish opinion is : like i said i think the market is comprising of mostly genuine buyers and sellers now and with this dynamic, the market tends to weed out speculators and thus also any unsustainable price rises riding on just market momentum.

What was the launched price for Aalto?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma
    Hi Laguna
    which agency is the developer sales team? Are most of the ads we see on aalto online selling direct from developer or resale from owner?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    What was the launched price for Aalto?
    Aalto : current marketing agent is Hutton
    if I remembered correctly, the prices ranged from $2500 to 3000
    The penthouse was sold to the Quek family at $3000

My neighbour told me that when silversea was just launched, she was eyeing at an unit for $1700, but finally she paid for $1400 at late last year

My neighbour told me that when silversea was just launched, she was eyeing at an unit for $1700, but finally she paid for $1400 at late last year
    u mean silversea drop their pricing?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    u mean silversea drop their pricing?
    FEO drop price?? No way, the day they do that will be when Jesus returns.

probable constituting factors for the price differences - different stack/lower level/poorer view/non-sea facing, etc

Someone call me? If that happens, amend to that.

Drop so much