Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Spottiswoode 18 by RL Developments, Freehold, District 2

maybe he means WAS from 2000psf. now price dropped 10% to 1800psf (but he cannot say out coz still not even preview yet). 696.6k. magic...

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Is your maths ok? 2000 x 387 = $774k. Are you selling at $6xxk or $7xxk?

Quote Originally Posted by propertychap
    skysuites at anson will be a better bet since it so near Tanjong Pagar MRT
    Sky Suites is also good. But beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Every property is unique, so is every buyers.

very tempting wor even if its 699k...1800psf...mmm....undercut spott R!!!!

if its 650k...for the lowest flr...i on leh...ops...4yrs SSD ...so?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    very tempting wor even if its 699k...1800psf...mmm....undercut spott R!!!!

if its 650k...for the lowest flr...i on leh...ops...4yrs SSD ...so?
    Go for it.... good thing about getting a new homes means lesser capital outlay for the short term... & if you look at the TOP at Dec 2015, by the time it would be more than 4 years.... not forgetting PSA port will start to move out for the Future Tanjong Pagar Waterfront City, the next Marina Bay.

It's one of a kind of condo beside the city & away from the crowds....... with a mixture of heritage & contemporary icon..... & also the invaluable view that comes with it.
    Last edited by richardsng_era; 14-01-11 at 16:51.

after looking at the flrplan for the 2nd time...

i wished it was >500sqft at 1600psf...3xxsqft really wasting precious FH land!!!

after looking at the flrplan for the 2nd time...

i wished it was >500sqft at 1600psf...3xxsqft really wasting precious FH land!!!
    I can see that you are keen on the project, but it's just the price issue. I'm sure you will have better opportunities the next time.

Quote Originally Posted by richardsng_era
    I can see that you are keen on the project, but it's just the price issue. I'm sure you will have better opportunities the next time.
    size issue actually....i rather pay 8xxk for a nice 5xxsqft 1bedder den 6xxk for a 3xxsqft whrby the living room just fits in a queen sized bed

size issue actually....i rather pay 8xxk for a nice 5xxsqft 1bedder den 6xxk for a 3xxsqft whrby the living room just fits in a queen sized bed
    No worries. Every home is unique, so are the buyers.

Agree. 300 sq ft++ is like 3 store rooms. 1 is called living, 1 is called bed, 1 is called toilet. For dog to stay. If i want to buy, i will buy ready project. Can rent out during these four years to recoup my $$. Regardless prices up or down.

Actually, you should visit the actual location to appreciate. Even at the lowest floor in the development, you will see more unblocked or greenery view.

I visited the location and even went up to the highest floor of the HDB block just beside the plot. I'm not willing to pay such a high psf for low floors so that I can see the trees or for high floors to see the container terminal and listen to the constant noise from AYE.

fyi, there's a huge greenery just right in front of SPOTTISWOODE 18 facing the future Tanjong Pagar Waterfront City, with a Heritage Tree in the middle.

I google everywhere but the waterfront concept is only at the proposal stage and is likely not confirmed yet. If it is feasible, usually the government just accepts the proposal and announces the plan. Scholars in civil service likes to score points one. It is almost a year already since the news came out. I still think it is too difficult for the container terminal to shift due to coastal space constraint in the west. Probably making some way for waterfront living nearer to the Marina Bay is possible but not wholesale shift until the waterfront reaches the Tanjong Pagar stretch
    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1034491/1/.html

Try the Mee Rebus at the Tanjong Pagar Railway Station before it's closed for redevelopment. Recommended... Nice Mee Rebus...... at the coffee shop just beside the train track.......

Noted, it will be closed soon after the owner buys.

Waste of land. You are building crap on a good piece of land.

Actually, you should visit the actual location to appreciate. Even at the lowest floor in the development, you will see more unblocked or greenery view.

I visited the location and even went up to the highest floor of the HDB block just beside the plot. I'm not willing to pay such a high psf for low floors so that I can see the trees or for high floors to see the container terminal and listen to the constant noise from AYE.

fyi, there's a huge greenery just right in front of SPOTTISWOODE 18 facing the future Tanjong Pagar Waterfront City, with a Heritage Tree in the middle.

I google everywhere but the waterfront concept is only at the proposal stage and is likely not confirmed yet. If it is feasible, usually the government just accepts the proposal and announces the plan. Scholars in civil service likes to score points one. It is almost a year already since the news came out. I still think it is too difficult for the container terminal to shift due to coastal space constraint in the west. Probably making some way for waterfront living nearer to the Marina Bay is possible but not wholesale shift until the waterfront reaches the Tanjong Pagar stretch

Try the Mee Rebus at the Tanjong Pagar Railway Station before it's closed for redevelopment. Recommended... Nice Mee Rebus...... at the coffee shop just beside the train track.......

Heard from agent that most people still go ahead with the purchase quoting that they will hold till TOP to sell. So no impact?
    They are better off than the next buyers! Of course can buy lah. The bullet is on the next buyers!

I just received this in my email.

With the News of Government measures just been release, we would like to bring you the good news that Spottiswoode 18 prices has been revise.

Previously, the estimated prices for 1 bedroom was from $7xxk. Now the new revise prices will start from $6xxk. This would mean that all unit type prices will be revise as well, making it really affordable to own this outstanding location development. This is definitely a good news for everyone. Preview Date of Spottiswoode 18 will still be on 18 Jan.

Just got an email from propertylaunch website:

With the News of Government measures just been release, we would like to bring you the good news that Spottiswoode 18 prices has been revise.
    Previously, the estimated prices for 1 bedroom was from $7xxk. Now the new revise prices will start from $6xxk. This would mean that all unit type prices will be revise as well, making it really affordable to own this outstanding location development. This is definitely a good news for everyone. Preview Date of Spottiswoode 18 will still be on 18 Jan.

6xxk a good buy?

It could mean the higher end of 6xx K? Not sure how the sentiment would be.
    Are there anyone who has booked but is not contemplating to withdraw?

I prefer 5xxsqft at 8xxk leh.... I can see tge potential in this area but shoebox ruin the precious land...

Next door 600sqft layout cmi n now undercut by spott18.... Must b shivering now

my opinion is avoid mickey mouse units... when vacancy is high during a downturn, will be hard pressed to get tenants.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    my opinion is avoid mickey mouse units... when vacancy is high during a downturn, will be hard pressed to get tenants.
    all depends on rental price i suppose...so long bigger den a condo masterbedroom size...hahaha....rental 1.2k during downturn sure can find tenants....

during downturn, all hard pressed for tenants la....my 2-3bedders in CCR also facing problems....one giving all sorts of excuse to break lease and another renew at 30% discount...sian one la....

i realise only HDB whole unit rental quite stable during previous short downturn

btw i glanced thru alexis thread...u and gfoo was laughing about alexis tiny shoebox...but well, 1st time buyers still make decent profits....i was there too and i say crazy for ppl to clap clap for successful balloting....as if strike lottery...lol

btw i glanced thru alexis thread...u and gfoo was laughing about alexis tiny shoebox...but well, 1st time buyers still make decent profits....i was there too and i say crazy for ppl to clap clap for successful balloting....as if strike lottery...lol
    if SP18 cut price, then it is not a good sign... perhaps boutique developers may not have the same holding power as the big boys

Could be from $699K down from $701K?

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop

6xxk a good buy?
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Quote Originally Posted by sleek
    Could be from $699K down from $701K?
    i dun tink so...if measures not announced...developer most likely will priced from 19xxpsf up....if 6xxk is true...at least a 100psf reduction

i dun think its reached the stage where they worry about holding power. more like boutique developers need the revenue, so since their profit margins for shoebox is damn high, they can easily afford to cut the price and still make healthy profits and yet still move the units.

this weekend is interesting but i m busy. anyone visiting any new launches today? Vibes @ Kovan or Poets Villas? can update us on how hot it is? then we can watch this project on next tues.

if SP18 cut price, then it is not a good sign... perhaps boutique developers may not have the same holding power as the big boys

6xxk is a good buy if you are willing to hold it for 4 years and 1 day.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop

6xxk a good buy?

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Agree. 300 sq ft++ is like 3 store rooms. 1 is called living, 1 is called bed, 1 is called toilet. For dog to stay. If i want to buy, i will buy ready project. Can rent out during these four years to recoup my $$. Regardless prices up or down.

Believe it or not, there's an increasing number of buyers who buy not because of home stay or for rental.

then they buy for capital appreciation?

Same thing happen to Marina Bay, if you remember. Proposed, Tender for Ir, Building the ir, redeveloped Marina Bay, then start buying. Everything seems like happening yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Waste of land. You are building crap on a good piece of land.

You have a choice....

then they buy for capital appreciation?
    Yes, but not entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by richardsng_era
    Same thing happen to Marina Bay, if you remember. Proposed, Tender for Ir, Building the ir, redeveloped Marina Bay, then start buying. Everything seems like happening yesterday.
    The IR and development of the area were pushed down from the *very* top. This waterfront living was proposed by a committee so the political will is very different. I would be happy if the waterfront development takes place too but there is no concrete movement forward. So I'm not willing to pay so much for something that is still very hazy.