Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678131823 ... LastLast

Thread: Regent Heights quite impressive

yes, you are right. the 2 bedders at regent heights are already asking $2.5k, some already asking close to $3k. For a 3 bedder to go below $3k is just not justified. With the huge pool of foreigners working in the west, there is no reason why a high floor 3 bedder with splendid views cannot be rented for more than $3k. 2 bedders at Northvale are now asking for more than $700k so it is not worth buying for rental when a 2 bedder there is renting out for merely $2.5k. regent heights still considered somewhat iconic in bukit batok but northvale is no way an iconic development by any standards. regent heights is also a year newer than northvale. this is just my comparison between the 2 projects.

Quote Originally Posted by fooblackie
    one more thing.. i was checking out the caveated rental rates at R hgts. Latest is $2.5k for 2 bedder (1023sqft)

Though units are asking around $3-$3.2K for 3 bedders (1163 sq ft) in propertyguru, I believe the actual rental recorded is closer to $2.8k.

Maybe one should check it out whether the market really moved > $3k?

look at those cluster houses at pavilion park situated along bukit batok road, with no mrt or amenities around, asking between 1.1k-1.2k psf. park natura also nowhere near mrt with just a shell petrol kiosk opposite, but it was launched at 9xxpsf to 1kpsf for one reason, it is surrounded by greenery and nature parks. i think those who buy into bt batok/ hillview/ bt timah condos are buying not just for mrt, but for the splendid views like bt timah, guilin and other greenery views surrounding the developments. just like those who pay 1.7k psf for silversea are only justified for paying such becoz of the seaview they get, not becoz of mrt. those who know bukit batok well will tell you the jade is a crap project becoz the units vibrate whenever an oncoming train hurtles by, units are sold with huge balconies and units are either facing the west or east sun, no north-south facing units.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    i was taking a leisurely walk from regent heights to west mall for lunch when i visited my friend the other day. If not within walking distance, how did I get to my destination without much sweat?
    actually there is no need to convince anyone other than urself or future tenants that it is near enough

take a measure using this http://mapsof.net/distance-calculator/singapore
    it is over 700m walking distance

i was taking a leisurely walk from regent heights to west mall for lunch when i visited my friend the other day. If not within walking distance, how did I get to my destination without much sweat?
    yes agreed with Regulators. I personally walked from R Hgts to Bukit Batok Mrt. 8 min flat, partly cos I am 6-footer with super long legs.

Jokes aside, this is indeed walkable distance in my opinion but do not expect to be as near to MRT like Jade, Guilin view, etc. Actually for me gd enough as I do not wish to stay exactly at the MRT. The bus interchange and above-ground MRT will kill me - sound and smell.

But pls take note, the walking journey to B Batok is unsheltered. There is hardly any amentities like coffeeshop or shops near R hgts. I think a couple of buses come near R hgts only. Pls verify personally.

for coffeeshops and eateries, i think there are quite a number of coffeeshops along bukit batok east ave 3 and 5 which are very near regent heights.

by the way, i am meeting up with an agent to view a very high floor unit with fireworks and panoramic view going for just $7xxk. The unit is dirt cheap and very good for rental. will keep you guys updated if i manage to get the deal.

yes agreed with Regulators. I personally walked from R Hgts to Bukit Batok Mrt. 8 min flat, partly cos I am 6-footer with super long legs.

Jokes aside, this is indeed walkable distance in my opinion but do not expect to be as near to MRT like Jade, Guilin view, etc. Actually for me gd enough as I do not wish to stay exactly at the MRT. The bus interchange and above-ground MRT will kill me - sound and smell.

But pls take note, the walking journey to B Batok is unsheltered. There is hardly any amentities like coffeeshop or shops near R hgts. I think a couple of buses come near R hgts only. Pls verify personally.

for coffeeshops and eateries, i think there are quite a number of coffeeshops along bukit batok east ave 3 and 5 which are very near regent heights.

by the way, i am meeting up with an agent to view a very high floor unit with fireworks and panoramic view going for just $7xxk. The unit is dirt cheap and very good for rental. will keep you guys updated if i manage to get the deal.
    Your friend can feel the shockwave from the fireworks?
    Perhaps a big LCD TV or projector is better for viewing fireworks.

actually want to ask, how much time does people spend viewing outside anyway?
    does that have balcony, does any of you take breakfast and sip coffee and read the morning papers everyday?

After you post this liao maybe they will ask higher cos they are also subscribed to this forum

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful

does that have balcony, does any of you take breakfast and sip coffee and read the morning papers everyday?
    i have a very nice and spacious balcony before in the masterbed room. breathtaking view and nice breeze.

Number of times i had breakfast there - zero
    number of times i bothered to step into the balacony - average once every 2 mths

But the viewers of our place were all so hung up over the balcony. I got one ang mo spend 15 min in the balcony .... @#$%^&&&** haha....

when i get a unit there, will take some nice shots and post it here and you know what i mean. if you ever get a chance to go regent hts and see the view from a high floor unit, you will think twice about staying in a short project with living room facing a noisy pool or facing the kitchen of someone's unit in another block. the feeling is just different when you sit in a living room, looking out of the french window with nice greenery, bukit timah hill and the city skyline all at a glance. i do not think those used to living in low-rise projects can even visualise what i am saying here. just ask yourself this question, if a developer today were to acquire a piece of land and build a condo offering such views, don't you think the developer would charge you a high premium for that? million dollar views for new projects are hard to come by these days and trust me, if you can buy such a unit at a good bargain with amenities around, you should go for it before it is gone for good.

i know the agent marketing this unit well so it doesnt matter whether he reads this or not. he is waiting for me to make an offer for the unit after i view it.

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    After you post this liao maybe they will ask higher cos they are also subscribed to this forum

i know the agent marketing this unit well so it doesnt matter whether he reads this or not. he is waiting for me to make an offer for the unit after i view it.
    he meant the owner...not the agt

when i get a unit there, will take some nice shots and post it here and you know what i mean. if you ever get a chance to go regent hts and see the view from a high floor unit, you will think twice about staying in a short project with living room facing a noisy pool or facing the kitchen of someone's unit in another block. the feeling is just different when you sit in a living room, looking out of the french window with nice greenery, bukit timah hill and the city skyline all at a glance. i do not think those used to living in low-rise projects can even visualise what i am saying here. just ask yourself this question, if a developer today were to acquire a piece of land and build a condo offering such views, don't you think the developer would charge you a high premium for that? million dollar views for new projects are hard to come by these days and trust me, if you can buy such a unit at a good bargain with amenities around, you should go for it before it is gone for good.
    D leedon offers such views too....but no one keen on tat project here

look at what d leedon is asking compared to RH. Think you see my point here

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    D leedon offers such views too....but no one keen on tat project here

VISITORS will be wowed by scenery no doubt - for perhaps 15 minutes but for those staying long, perhaps will be bored everyday.

Viewing fireworks once a year for 10minutes.
    Viewing surroundings 1 minute a day
    Walk up and down Regent Heights is an everyday affair, a tiring affair.

Not trying to pour cold water. But convenience is more important than view I guess for the common man.
    Not talking about GCB, semi-D, detached and have car.

I stayed in shophouse. Each time checked into hotel in Singapore, Wow ---for 5 minutes.
    Afterthat, never look out of window again

VISITORS will be wowed by scenery no doubt - for perhaps 15 minutes but for those staying long, perhaps will be bored everyday.

Not trying to pour cold water. But convenience is more important than view I guess for the common man.

I stayed in shophouse. Each time checked into hotel in Singapore, Wow ---for 5 minutes.
    Agree. I have checked into numerous hotels, some with fantastic balconies and high floor views. In the end? I now ask for rooms near to lift lobby and stay in hotels next to train stations and shopping malls. Convenience trumps everything else.

I also seen one directly overlooking small guilin at 25 floor. Wow the view is amazing. In all honesty, I was tempted to consider....

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Agree. I have checked into numerous hotels, some with fantastic balconies and high floor views. In the end? I now ask for rooms near to lift lobby and stay in hotels next to train stations and shopping malls. Convenience trumps everything else.
    Agree, I stay at 21st floor and rarely look out of my window...Most of the time I'm just chatting with family, watch TV, use my computer or sleep. The only view I'm considering now is this type of view to the beach http://www.montigoresorts.com/

i think stack 6 of tower A, facing the city and bukit timah hill is the best. that stack also got direct pool view, have the best of everything in terms of view in my opinion. the national day fireworks view also unblocked. But for that stack, have to be above 20 floors to see the city and marina bay sands, anything lower will get blocked by hillview regency. some people like the guilin view, but i personally think that is second best option for RH as Guilin View definitely has better guilin view than RH.

I also seen one directly overlooking small guilin at 25 floor. Wow the view is amazing. In all honesty, I was tempted to consider....

If the project inconvenient and nothing much to offer, it would not be having so many transactions this year already. Coffeeshops and eateries along east ave 3 and 5 just across the road, macdonald's, wet markets and more eateries at bt batok east CC vicinity, bt batok mrt and west mall within 8 min walk (not drive), bt batok nature park and guilin to enjoy evening stroll, bukit timah shopping belt just a 2 min drive away, good schools like pei hwa just 4 min drive away if no need to stop at traffic light, can hit PIE in 2 min by car etc etc, too many to name you.

If the project inconvenient and nothing much to offer, it would not be having so many transactions this year already. Coffeeshops and eateries along east ave 3 and 5 just across the road, macdonald's, wet markets and more eateries at bt batok east CC vicinity, bt batok mrt and west mall within 8 min walk (not drive), bt batok nature park and guilin to enjoy evening stroll, bukit timah shopping belt just a 2 min drive away, good schools like pei hwa just 4 min drive away if no need to stop at traffic light, can hit PIE in 2 min by car etc etc, too many to name you.
    hee hee i think if u like the project just buy it; there is no need to convince others btw for ur info, the transacted rentals for 2+S bedders for Madeira were $2700-$3200 similar to RH 3 bedders....

at least you have a view to look at for relaxation when you need to. imagine staring out of your living room window at your neighbour's kitchen when the maid is frying fish when you need something to look at to soothe your mood. some people who buy a $1 mil condo facing pool on the ground floor got nothing to look at all weekend except kids screaming and splashing water in the pools.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Agree, I stay at 21st floor and rarely look out of my window...Most of the time I'm just chatting with family, watch TV, use my computer or sleep. The only view I'm considering now is this type of view to the beach http://www.montigoresorts.com/

at least you have a view to look at for relaxation when you need to. imagine staring out of your living room window at your neighbour's kitchen when the maid is frying fish when you need something to look at to soothe your mood. some people who buy a $1 mil condo facing pool on the ground floor got nothing to look at all weekend except kids screaming and splashing water in the pools.
    Regulator, can you ask your friend at RH how often he looked at the view?
    or asked the owner of the flat that you are currently eyeing, how often he looked at the view.
    Check the balcony whether there are chairs and small table for relaxing and enjoying the view? or is the balcony empty of them? or he use them to hang laundry?
    How often do you yourself look out for view at your current residence?
    Why need to look at window while maid is frying fish? Watch TV is a better view.

To each his own. I actually do look out of my windows and take in the cool crisp morning scent, esp in the weekend mornings during breakfast with coffee, newspapers and my dog at my side (make sure don't get east facing units). My unit has superb views of greenery and it's quite therapeutic to see the trees swaying and there're also orioles and squirrels to be spotted. I think it also depends on what view? If it's just concrete or other house's rooftop views, then one may look out of the windows less. I know of some developments look out to a wall. Then there's really nothing to see.

the wonderful part is don't have to go balcony to see the good views coz RH units on high floors have no balconies, planters and all that wasted space. the view can be seen everytime you are in the living room and bedroom so long as the curtains are drawn (which most people do). maybe can put it this way, you can't avoid seeing it even if you wanted to

Regulator, can you ask your friend at RH how often he looked at the view?
    or asked the owner of the flat that you are currently eyeing, how often he looked at the view.
    Check the balcony whether there are chairs and small table for relaxing and enjoying the view? or is the balcony empty of them? or he use them to hang laundry?
    How often do you yourself look out for view at your current residence?
    Why need to look at window while maid is frying fish? Watch TV is a better view.

by the way guys, i have just placed option money for a super high floor 3 bedder with panoramic view for just 770k. it is cheap cheap cheap. my future tenants will all get to enjoy the splendid views from the unit.

by the way guys, i have just placed option money for a super high floor 3 bedder with panoramic view for just 770k. it is cheap cheap cheap. my future tenants will all get to enjoy the splendid views from the unit.
    wow...wats the size? 1163sqft? above 20th flr?

Tat,s considered cheap, dun worry, i know some american school teacher do rent there. No worries, budget ang mo do exists.

you are right, it is 1163sf built in with zero wasted space.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    wow...wats the size? 1163sqft? above 20th flr?

yeah it is higher than 24th floor but below 27th floor

actually i am quite confident of finding a tenant in half a month. the take-up rate for this project is very good coz of the facilities and close proximity to nature. $3.2k is not much to ask for a 3 bedder as HDB EAs at Toh Guan are already being tenanted at $2.5k to $2.8k. $3.2k per month equates to 4.95% rental yield, can't complain when i buy this unit in such a market now

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Tat,s considered cheap, dun worry, i know some american school teacher do rent there. No worries, budget ang mo do exists.