Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789141924 ... LastLast

Thread: Regent Heights quite impressive

take a look at this ad in propertyguru:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...regent-heights

I called up this agent and found out the unit was valued by UOB.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    you are right, it is 1163sf built in with zero wasted space.
    hows the condition? if moved in cond, den very gd buy

have to touch up a bit for the walls, change the aircon and some cleaning, but on a whole okay, nothing major to do up.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    hows the condition? if moved in cond, den very gd buy

Regulator, I think this is a good buy Congrats!

by the way guys, i have just placed option money for a super high floor 3 bedder with panoramic view for just 770k. it is cheap cheap cheap. my future tenants will all get to enjoy the splendid views from the unit.

Thanks . Got to start advertising for tenant in a month's time, got to go through the same routine again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Regulator, I think this is a good buy Congrats!

by the way guys, i have just placed option money for a super high floor 3 bedder with panoramic view for just 770k. it is cheap cheap cheap. my future tenants will all get to enjoy the splendid views from the unit.
    congrats! hope it will have many good returns!

i also bio the area, the only condo nearest to bukit batok mrt is the jade, regent heights being the 2nd nearest. guilin view and madeira near gombak mrt, which is not an ideal mrt compared to bukit batok mrt. you are probably right, finding the million dollar views in regent hts is a challenge and renovation is definitely needed. The lease for the land starts from 1995 but i think the condo TOP in 2000. i think rental for this project supported by a mixture of japanese, indians, koreans and chinese, quite a good mix i thought.
    regulator comes to west subruban area, really surprising as from past records(quite some time ago), I thought you always advocate D12-D14 and slam those area that is suburban will have less area, I guess time tells and will change a person opinion...

i agree, some people can make more money buying OCR properties compared to CCR, it all depends on making the right judgements most of the time. I used to like only central properties, but the changes in the market movements means we have to alter our perspectives. I used not to like Hillview, but I am having second thoughts about that area as I see the potential of some undervalued projects there as well. As for Jurong, I can argue till the cows come home that Caspian is a crap project becoz jurong sucks as a location, but if i had bought a 2 bedder there last year when i was at the showflat, I would be $250-300k richer now, so sometimes we do have to go where the market leads us. The rationale is actually quite simple, Bt Batok has all along been more expensive than Jurong (using HDB as a price indicator), Jurong has caught up in prices for private, but hillview and bt batok are still lagging behind somewhat. my advice is to buy into the latter two areas before the prices start to climb to a level it becomes not worth chasing. Another area to watch is bukit panjang and reason is obvious.

D22-23 all under one roof, suburban west...they are certain project prices have gone up(all prices have gone up in this area for all pte condos) but considered not very hot in these areas...certainly regent height is one of them... D22 -D25 my turf ha ha...

The rental market is very strong. I just manage to renew a rental at a good rate with lots of interested parties - I was pleasantly surprised. I never knew Regent Hts can walk to Bt Batok MRT station. Will definitely be on a lookout for good bargains.

Thanks . Got to start advertising for tenant in a month's time, got to go through the same routine again.

i buy for rental so no issue lah. Ask wildfalcon about the rental in the area and you understand why i buy there. i am now looking to park some money in a condo in the east (now that i bought west), but might have to wait till next year for things to cool a bit in D15.

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    regulator comes to west subruban area, really surprising as from past records(quite some time ago), I thought you always advocate D12-D14 and slam those area that is suburban will have less area, I guess time tells and will change a person opinion...

I think u should also consider D14 - better rental yields.

Rental in the mass mkt is good now! All the best.. "HUAT AH"

D14 Kembangan ok lah, but if you ask me to go near the chicken coop, i think better not, however near town it may be. guillemard is also out for me

I think u should also consider D14 - better rental yields.

let's all huat together
    Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Rental in the mass mkt is good now! All the best.. "HUAT AH"

i agree, some people can make more money buying OCR properties compared to CCR, it all depends on making the right judgements most of the time. I used to like only central properties, but the changes in the market movements means we have to alter our perspectives. I used not to like Hillview, but I am having second thoughts about that area as I see the potential of some undervalued projects there as well. As for Jurong, I can argue till the cows come home that Caspian is a crap project becoz jurong sucks as a location, but if i had bought a 2 bedder there last year when i was at the showflat, I would be $250-300k richer now, so sometimes we do have to go where the market leads us. The rationale is actually quite simple, Bt Batok has all along been more expensive than Jurong (using HDB as a price indicator), Jurong has caught up in prices for private, but hillview and bt batok are still lagging behind somewhat. my advice is to buy into the latter two areas before the prices start to climb to a level it becomes not worth chasing. Another area to watch is bukit panjang and reason is obvious.
    I have the same thought as you. Private properties at Bukit Batok & Hillview area are undervalued. Just look at the transacted price of Lakefront & Caspian (ave $800 - $1100 psf) two mrt stations away from upcoming 2nd CBD. Pte Properties at Bukit Batok & Hillview will have a lot more upside potential. For mass market properties, it is always better to buy near mrt. For this case, buy properties a few stations away from JE mrt like Bukit Batok mrt (Jade...), Bukit Gombak mrt (Madeira, Guilin View..) & Hillview mrt (Glendale Park..) should be good buy.
    Last edited by BB; 20-12-10 at 20:06.

The best is the one at 10 mile Junction and the mix development linking to it. It is the BIGGEST hub there.

The next best Hub is the one near to glendale.

The least preferred area is CCK and beyond.

10 mile junction is by FEO, so won't be cheap. Mayspring spiked up too high already so no point. i used to contemplate linear but when i actually went in to see the poor facilities and the narrow elongated strip of land, i was put off by it. Hazel Park was a good buy last year, but no longer now. glendale is near future hillview mrt no doubt, but no space to develop amenities there. The plot of land fronting glendale is very big but that is just beside Mindef, so apart from having more residential development, nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    The best is the one at 10 mile Junction and the mix development linking to it. It is the BIGGEST hub there.

i actually prefer CCK....

10 mile junction is by FEO, so won't be cheap. Mayspring spiked up too high already so no point. i used to contemplate linear but when i actually went in to see the poor facilities and the narrow elongated strip of land, i was put off by it. Hazel Park was a good buy last year, but no longer now. glendale is near future hillview mrt no doubt, but no space to develop amenities there. The plot of land fronting glendale is very big but that is just beside Mindef, so apart from having more residential development, nothing else.
    Yes... FEO's project will lift up surrounding prices. Forget Equivalent Options.

Mayspring not a value buy...

Linear.... the price is Linear.. the shape is Linear... and the future price is Linear.. past price can definitey considered Linear if factor in inflation. Not as preferred. LH FH don't really matter there. What price to pay for 900 years more than 99 years. You can see a fine example there... no diff or even worst. Hazel Park goodie with a bit more room for fats.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2010/pr10-137a17.pdf

Yes, no big commercial there. In fact, you might have to watch out for any massive HDB project there. They were there in the older days. ... cleared them before MRT announcement and ... put in back after annoucement? Perhaps even a primary school might be placed there at the same time.

CCK... its linked by a LRT to Lot 1.. perhaps can tap a bit to the water flow there. Water is coming up from Bedok reserviour via DTL. Lease preferred to some doesnt equate to bad buys.

The development at 10 mile junction will be SOHO units. Cannot use CPF for the purchase & will need to pay additional 7% GST. Supply of SOHO units are limited, therefore should have upside potential. Preference will be to buy SOHO in the CBD but I am not sure how it will perform in the OCR.

In case I sound like overselling the potential there, dun get me wrong, prices are from depressed to normal state. Which is at least 850 psf. It will be above 1000 for some units. The one I am really talking about is the mixed development linking to 10 mile and not 10 mile.

Quote Originally Posted by BB
    The development at 10 mile junction will be SOHO units. Cannot use CPF for the purchase & will need to pay additional 7% GST. Supply of SOHO units are limited, therefore should have upside potential. Preference will be to buy SOHO in the CBD but I am not sure how it will perform in the OCR.
    i tot an agt mentioned tat no GST and able to use CPF??

to me SOHO just a gimmick....its the same as any residential

The rental market is very strong. I just manage to renew a rental at a good rate with lots of interested parties - I was pleasantly surprised. I never knew Regent Hts can walk to Bt Batok MRT station. Will definitely be on a lookout for good bargains.
    if you got strong legs why not? but certainly not for me...if it is vERY near mrt, regent height will not be provideing free shuttle bus to mrt in the past as I know...

regent height is by FEO too...if I remember correctly...

To me Small Office Home Office makes no sense. Anybody can make their home an office these days so long as they are self-employed. Just need to seek permission to have their home registered as an office address.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    i tot an agt mentioned tat no GST and able to use CPF??

to me SOHO just a gimmick....its the same as any residential

i buy for rental so no issue lah. Ask wildfalcon about the rental in the area and you understand why i buy there. i am now looking to park some money in a condo in the east (now that i bought west), but might have to wait till next year for things to cool a bit in D15.
    I have been in the D22-D25 even before this website exists...so dont slam any area in future so hard who know you might end up there...

and who know in future you may buy caspian or centris too?

i knew bt batok estate even before there was any condominium along hillview. i used to live there when I was a very young kid.

I have been in the D22-D25 even before this website exists...

i knew bt batok estate even before there was any condominium along hillview. i used to live there when I was a very young kid.

oh I see...very interesting...singapore is so small yeah..

i remember my mother bringing me to a small coffeeshop under a HDB flat in hillview for dinner after her work and I would order hor fun all the time. back then, there were only a few HDB blocks along hillview. All the condos in bukit batok like The Jade, Madeira, Guilin View and West Mall etc were not even built yet.

oh I see...very interesting...singapore is so small yeah..

Tat is wat knowing the area is about. Comfortable buy, bought below valuation is half the battle won. Milk it and sell only at valuation or above. Sure win formula.