Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910152025 ... LastLast

Thread: Regent Heights quite impressive

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Tat is wat knowing the area is about. Comfortable buy, bought below valuation is half the battle won. Milk it and sell only at valuation or above. Sure win formula.
    Nobody wondered why the owner is selling to Regulator? Is the owner a motivated seller? or prices has been low for so long, the owner decided to recover capital and invest elsewhere with more prospects for capital appreciation?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    Nobody wondered why the owner is selling to Regulator? Is the owner a motivated seller? or prices has been low for so long, the owner decided to recover capital and invest elsewhere with more prospects for capital appreciation?
    Have.... And a very good question to ask. It depends on your wisdom regarding future upside. At this moment, its a value buy. Future upside is a bet. I will bet against it but i am not an expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    i remember my mother bringing me to a small coffeeshop under a HDB flat in hillview for dinner after her work and I would order hor fun all the time. back then, there were only a few HDB blocks along hillview. All the condos in bukit batok like The Jade, Madeira, Guilin View and West Mall etc were not even built yet.
    i am staying in bkt batok now. where are u staying now ?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    i actually prefer CCK....
    there are many ECs in CCK which is undervalued and huge in space..

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    there are many ECs in CCK which is undervalued and huge in space..

Look for Condo nearer to the future Jurong Lake District (2nd CBD of S'pore). One or two mrt stations away (Bukit Batok, Bukit Gombak, Chinese Garden, Lakeside, Clementi, Dover) and yet undervalued. Best will be condo at Jurong East mrt but currently none. Will need to wait for new launch. Car will be very expensive in line with the govt aim to encourage more to switch to public transport. Therefore, buy near mrt very impt for mass market development.

did i see wrongly, wait for new launch at jurong east? How don't see how the new launch at jurong east can ever be a good buy.

Quote Originally Posted by BB
    Best will be condo at Jurong East mrt but currently none. Will need to wait for new launch.

It is true for most people (including me).

However, for those who are filthy rich, exclusivity is important. To them, they are always in the car (once they step out) and are chaffeured around. So convenience does not matter.

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Agree. I have checked into numerous hotels, some with fantastic balconies and high floor views. In the end? I now ask for rooms near to lift lobby and stay in hotels next to train stations and shopping malls. Convenience trumps everything else.

did i see wrongly, wait for new launch at jurong east? How don't see how the new launch at jurong east can ever be a good buy.
    Yeah, location not considered good, only better only but price highest? At around 1500 psf a good buy?

anything above 900psf for jurong considered way off already, not to mention 1.5k psf. the other thing is the entire jurong lake district will take at least 15 years to be fully developed, by then nobody knows what the appeal will be like for the entire area as well. The take up for offices and retail space there might not be that fantastic in future as well, taking into consideration during that time, many malls will sprout up all over the place in singapore.

Yeah, location not considered good, only better only but price highest? At around 1500 psf a good buy?

Good comments...distilled as follows, things will materialise...but the time frame is out of sync. i.e. the marketed prices and the materialised prices.

I do agree that Jurong projects should be some where in between caspian prices and lakefront residence. Safer to take the mid point between them as the Max to pay.

Govt agencies to relocate to Jurong East

SEVERAL government agencies will move out of the Central Area to new growth area in Jurong Gateway.

These include the Ministry of National Development and its statutory boards - the Agri-food and Veterinary Authority and Building and Construction Authority, which will move to Jurong Gateway by 2015.

The Ministry of the Environment and Water Resources and its statutory boards, Public Utilities Board and National Environment Agency, are also planning to move to Jurong then.

National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan said in Parliament on Monday that the relocation of government agencies will free up prime office space in the city to meet private sector demand.

'By 2015, the current supply of about 1 million sq m of office space in the pipeline should have been taken up. The relocation will be timely, and will help to free up more space for the private sector,' he said.
    Last edited by BB; 22-12-10 at 20:27.

i wonder why people are being sucked into something that is going to materialise more than a decade later, it makes no sense at all. Are those people who bought Caspian and lakefront really waiting and looking forward for the lakeside to be fully developed donkey years later? I think those who buy Caspian to flip are smart people, but those buying just to wait for the lakeside project to materialise are real goons. When the lakeside is fully developed 10 over years later, Caspian and Lakefront will be considered old condos and the lakeside appeal may have faded.

Good comments...distilled as follows, things will materialise...but the time frame is out of sync. i.e. the marketed prices and the materialised prices.

I do agree that Jurong projects should be some where in between caspian prices and lakefront residence. Safer to take the mid point between them as the Max to pay.

First buyers, smarter, self stay or flip.
    Second buyers, smart, self stay.
    Third buyers...

I'm looking west after renting out my Clearwater. 4.3% yield unfurnished with uwc full ops and mrt play. Your purchase of regent heights shows good acumen, I will check it out too

i buy for rental so no issue lah. Ask wildfalcon about the rental in the area and you understand why i buy there. i am now looking to park some money in a condo in the east (now that i bought west), but might have to wait till next year for things to cool a bit in D15.

now is a good time to snap up a unit at RH. It will just be a matter of time the prices there will hit $800psf, which is what some older condos near lakeside are asking. But I must say to buy a unit with good facing and at a low price in RH can be a challenge. When I came across my unit, I was the first buyer to view, first to offer and first to close before other buyers even got a chance to offer. It took me just 10 min to make that decision and give the cheque.

Quote Originally Posted by McKinnon
    I'm looking west after renting out my Clearwater. 4.3% yield unfurnished with uwc full ops and mrt play. Your purchase of regent heights shows good acumen, I will check it out too

Default owner posing like mermaid in the living room lol

I advertised my unit for sale just to test market and this was the result. A parapundek with budget of $800k to $1 mil said he is only eyeing at this condo in the area and wants to view my unit this sunday. I said that i am selling the unit at nothing less than $950k and still want to view this Sunday. I think maybe he just want to look see look see but if really can sell at 1 mil, it will be almost $200k net profit in less than 3 months lol. Come to think of it, even if the next buyer comes along and buy at $1 mil, the rental yield for him would still be 3.6%.

I advertised my unit for sale just to test market and this was the result. A parapundek with budget of $800k to $1 mil said he is only eyeing at this condo in the area and wants to view my unit this sunday. I said that i am selling the unit at nothing less than $950k and still want to view this Sunday. I think maybe he just want to look see look see but if really can sell at 1 mil, it will be almost $200k net profit in less than 3 months lol. Come to think of it, even if the next buyer comes along and buy at $1 mil, the rental yield for him would still be 3.6%.
    well done, good for you hope u can sell urs at 950k record breaking price then my unit will be worth at least 950k too

you have a unit at RH too? i am comforted to know the unit can still sell so high, but i dont think i will sell it even for $950k. The rental seems more attractive. Would you bite for 950k?

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    well done, good for you hope u can sell urs at 950k record breaking price then my unit will be worth at least 950k too

you have a unit at RH too? i am comforted to know the unit can still sell so high, but i dont think i will sell it even for $950k. The rental seems more attractive. Would you bite for 950k?

can do a open house and let us take a look? Mind posting some pictures on this million dollar view?

this is the view from the unit

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    can do a open house and let us take a look? Mind posting some pictures on this million dollar view?

I'm in the neighboring development my yield also around 5%

Guilin view?

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    I'm in the neighboring development my yield also around 5%

good view indeed.... worth a million.

hillview regency acts like 3 candles sticks at night when units have their lights on, lighting up the view of bukit timah hill and the surrounding views at night. the unit is overseeing hillview regency, so it gets a clear city view with unobstructed fireworks view. The unit is also directly in front of the pool, offering unblocked pool view when you look down from the living room. As mentioned before, it took me just a short time to offer the cheque.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    good view indeed.... worth a million.

Wow, very nice views

This is proper greenery view. I'm always amused when units facing trees is considered greenery view.

thanks. can post Sands view?

I take the premium bus that passes through this estate and I realised there are SO many people from this one nationality staying in this condo.