Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121722 ... LastLast

Thread: Regent Heights quite impressive

Me?
    It's called motherhood statements.
    Buy when u can afford it.
    Sell when u can't keep it

Never wrong.... But individual mistakes do happen. Get it?

For mass market condo, it is better to buy near MRT. For RH, I will not consider it unless it is FH.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Ops, missed out this post making personal attacks on me again. I think many people will see the bright sky after my reply to you. Let me respond to you point by point (except the personal attack part):

- I have been critical of OCR, not just today. What is new? Everybody here know that except you? Strange!

- Your unit appreciate more than $100k so what? That is on paper and you haven't even considered stamp duties, agent fee etc when you sell. Give you $100k profit is also pathetic for property investment. When investing in properties, I look at $x,xxx,000 profit, not $xxx,000 profit. $xxx,000 profit is worth the effort mah? What is there to jealous about?

- 4.9% yield for Regent Height with depreciating value? Ha ha ha! Please look at facts - Your Regent Heights median $psf is $2.44 psf pm. Assuming your unit is 1163 sqft, costs $770k as you claimed, that is still only $2837 pm or 4.4% yield, bearing in mind that this is a depreciating asset where few people want after more than 30 years old as difficult to get cheap loans from banks. Great deal? I let the forumers judge for themselves.

- Great view worth $millions? Why I don't see anybody pay $millions for Regent Height? Your great view you only valued at $770k? That really tells us a lot about the greatness! Either the seller must be very stupid and an idiot to sell you at such a "cheap" price or the reverse about the buyer is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    The incapable of learning mongrel teddy kenna lambasted in other thread and with nothing better to do now come and attack an OCR thread. I think you must be jealous that the value of my unit appreciated more than 100k almost immediately after i bought. Are you jealous that my unit has a rental yield of 4.9% and has a view much better than any condo you own?

We all understand that you are jealous that OCR properties have outdone your condos in CCR based on your attacks on OCR properties in multiple threads. Teddy >>>

this is the view from the unit
    here the view from my unit @ Madeira

Very nice.... Like living in the mountains

Uncle Teddy is very rich. Go for GCB lah.. Really a few millions or xx millions and no need CCR. But CCR ones are much better.

Blue chip, penny stocks all good when u can make. Bloody loses on bluechips during recession. Beware.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Very nice.... Like living in the mountains

Uncle Teddy is very rich. Go for GCB lah.. Really a few millions or xx millions and no need CCR. But CCR ones...
    Kingkong, be gracious and don't add oil to fire. your remarks very buay steady.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Are you sure you want Regent Heights? I believe The Jade is a better choice IMHO in Bukit Batok.

Jade's price went up too high. I am looking at value buy.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    Jade's price went up too high. I am looking at value buy.
    I check out The Jade too. Very breezy and good view if high floors. Gotta avoid low floors which overlooks the tracks. You should check out the units with huge patios.

Do you know if people on MRT platform could see the swimming pool?

if regulators and teddy meet eye to eye in person, dont think they will utter a word. They are actually having fun here....and they might be good friends there after. haha

if regulators and teddy meet eye to eye in person, dont think they will utter a word. They are actually having fun here....and they might be good friends there after. haha
    Sekali they are husband and wife!

Actually I was quite surprised to see someone with such a strong negative impression of a project picking up one 6 months later. I believe despite all its bad impressions, he has faith in its investment value. Right or wrong, no one knows for sure now. We will see a few yrs down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by mygeemeel
    I check out The Jade too. Very breezy and good view if high floors. Gotta avoid low floors which overlooks the tracks. You should check out the units with huge patios.

Do you know if people on MRT platform could see the swimming pool?
    If can see swimming pool think it is a lousy design......my current unit near MRT cant see a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    haha, now that you mention Kingkong, Kingkong's sayings is styled very much like sagely sayings, very much open to personal interpretation.
    Like contradictatory statements -"strike while the iron is hot" and "think before you leap" kind of statements.
    you are saying kingkong talks like an analyst in layman's clothing

If can see swimming pool think it is a lousy design......my current unit near MRT cant see a thing.
    So I didn't buy it eventually. Worried my boss see me suntanning instead of working. Lagi paiseh to show so many people I swim in my 'teh kor'.

crazy mongrel barking here and there again. nobody said 100k is a lot in terms of paper gain and I did not say I will be selling it anyway. My capital appreciation was immediate from the time I bought so I am happy with my investment. Last transacted for a 3 bedr is 820k, and that is what 2 bedr units are asking in RH now, which is why I am confident of my investment. If I rent my rh unit out for the next twenty years at a modest 3.3k rental, total rental collected is 792k, which is roughly the cost of my unit which includes miscellaneous expenses. Even if I sell my rh unit at 770k then, that entire amount would be my profit. Break it down into yearly roi, I am getting 25% roi on just 155k of my initial investment. If you ask me how a30yr old condo can fetch so high, we got real examples, just look at the psf of sherwood towers now and that will be a rough gauge, but I expect my unit to sell higher than 770k due to inflation. Think I mentioned this investment view in the forum and you keep harping on the same old nonsense of yours. Yes, my unit has a million dollar view, you jealous is it? I know all your units can only dream of having such nice views. Fyi only a very small handful of units in rh have direct pol, city and bt timah view, so even if you want to buy, I think nobody want to sell you. Since you like facts so much, there is one fact you have established for yourself, you are a mongrel that only knows how to bark with nothing else to offer
    Ops, missed out this post making personal attacks on me again. I think many people will see the bright sky after my reply to you. Let me respond to you point by point (except the personal attack part):

- I have been critical of OCR, not just today. What is new? Everybody here know that except you? Strange!

- Your unit appreciate more than $100k so what? That is on paper and you haven't even considered stamp duties, agent fee etc when you sell. Give you $100k profit is also pathetic for property investment. When investing in properties, I look at $x,xxx,000 profit, not $xxx,000 profit. $xxx,000 profit is worth the effort mah? What is there to jealous about?

- 4.9% yield for Regent Height with depreciating value? Ha ha ha! Please look at facts - Your Regent Heights median $psf is $2.44 psf pm. Assuming your unit is 1163 sqft, costs $770k as you claimed, that is still only $2837 pm or 4.4% yield, bearing in mind that this is a depreciating asset where few people want after more than 30 years old as difficult to get cheap loans from banks. Great deal? I let the forumers judge for themselves.

- Great view worth $millions? Why I don't see anybody pay $millions for Regent Height? Your great view you only valued at $770k? That really tells us a lot about the greatness! Either the seller must be very stupid and an idiot to sell you at such a "cheap" price or the reverse about the buyer is true.

Duplicated.

Ok, excuse me...

Have a herbal drink instead...

Without selling, what immediate profit are you talking about?

Rent out $3.3k? Pls check URA rental Data first!

Don't know what you are talking about profit after 20 years which by then RH already 35+ years old, except that I know that buyers will have to pay 100% cash (LTV 0%!) to buy from you since banks not willing to lend to <70 years property.

You unit has $million view? Why nobody vote so with their money?

crazy mongrel barking here and there again. nobody said 100k is a lot in terms of paper gain and I did not say I will be selling it anyway. My capital appreciation was immediate from the time I bought so I am happy with my investment. Last transacted for a 3 bedr is 820k, and that is what 2 bedr units are asking in RH now, which is why I am confident of my investment. If I rent my rh unit out for the next twenty years at a modest 3.3k rental, total rental collected is 792k, which is roughly the cost of my unit which includes miscellaneous expenses. Even if I sell my rh unit at 770k then, that entire amount would be my profit. Break it down into yearly roi, I am getting 25% roi on just 155k of my initial investment. If you ask me how a30yr old condo can fetch so high, we got real examples, just look at the psf of sherwood towers now and that will be a rough gauge, but I expect my unit to sell higher than 770k due to inflation. Think I mentioned this investment view in the forum and you keep harping on the same old nonsense of yours. Yes, my unit has a million dollar view, you jealous is it? I know all your units can only dream of having such nice views. Fyi only a very small handful of units in rh have direct pol, city and bt timah view, so even if you want to buy, I think nobody want to sell you. Since you like facts so much, there is one fact you have established for yourself, you are a mongrel that only knows how to bark with nothing else to offer

Don't know what you are talking about profit after 20 years which by then RH already 35+ years old, except that I know that buyers will have to pay 100% cash (LTV 0%!) to buy from you since banks not willing to lend to <70 years property.

Teddy, no need go all out lah. Relax man. if one buys at 100k below valuation/market price i think not bad lah. immediately sell will have some profit even if its small. $$$ in pocket is worth 2 in the bush. I m sure regulator still went ahead even though he personally make sure everyone know RH jia luk must be only because of 1 reason. CHEAP + He no need to stay there. Let others enjoy the jia luk enviroment.

I m sure he also wanna sell n make profit b4 the boat sinks right. just that MBT is not helping, jam the road to riches.

Take it easy teddy.

So I didn't buy it eventually. Worried my boss see me suntanning instead of working. Lagi paiseh to show so many people I swim in my 'teh kor'.
    yr boss dont take mrt I suppose but ah nei yr young students starring at u like an alien instead.

Thanks, I always take life easy, that is why I don't resort to non-sense personal attacks that has nothing to do with the issues we are debating. I just love to debate! You know how to always win in a debate? Always attack the weak points where what has been argued by your opponent do not tally with facts!

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    Teddy, no need go all out lah. Relax man. if one buys at 100k below valuation/market price i think not bad lah. immediately sell will have some profit even if its small. $$$ in pocket is worth 2 in the bush. I m sure regulator still went ahead even though he personally make sure everyone know RH jia luk must be only because of 1 reason. CHEAP + He no need to stay there. Let others enjoy the jia luk enviroment.

I m sure he also wanna sell n make profit b4 the boat sinks right. just that MBT is not helping, jam the road to riches.

Take it easy teddy.

Seow kow barking away again. You go and check what the rental for 3+1 in RH first before coming coming here to embarrass yourself. BTW rental is going up, even an HDB EA can fetch close to $3k so i don't know whether you really know the market or not . Who ever said that I was going to rent the full 20 years, I was illustrating the the returns using 20 years as an example. I think you still do not seem to understand what rental investment is, maybe you can talk to someone who can give you a clearer picture coz it is very tiring explaining this to a novice. I think some newbies in this forum can easily grasp simple concepts better than you. Before you criticise that the view from my RH unit is worth nothing, you may want to show us what view you have from your doggie house

My place got no view but why people willing to pay 8x that of your Regent Heights unit? You has the answer?
    Your a 3+1 but 1163 sqft unit? Wow! 16 years ago they already started building MM 3+1 bedders? Room so small cozy for doggie?

Seow kow barking away again. You go and check what the rental for 3+1 in RH first before coming coming here to embarrass yourself. BTW rental is going up, even an HDB EA can fetch close to $3k so i don't know whether you really know the market or not . Who ever said that I was going to rent the full 20 years, I was illustrating the the returns using 20 years as an example. I think you still do not seem to understand what rental investment is, maybe you can talk to someone who can give you a clearer picture coz it is very tiring explaining this to a novice. I think some newbies in this forum can easily grasp simple concepts better than you. Before you criticise that the view from my RH unit is worth nothing, you may want to show us what view you have from your doggie house

i mentioned many times that i was buying to rent out and that seow kow kept ranting and raving i don't know for what? i used to have some negative opinions about the project, but those stated facts could change if the MC step in to do something. I bought into RH purely for investment and the best part is i can sell anytime now and still make money. I bought an undervalued property which is my gain and somebody's loss, isn't that how the property game works? That mongrel seems buay song that people make money in OCR properties and my two other properties in CCR and RCR does not even give me that fantastic a rental yield compared to RH or my other HDB flat.

Take it easy teddy.

I think you deserve to be called a mongrel by everyone in this forum. You are implying that everyone in this forum who lives in a unit 1163sf or smaller is a doggie? Then are you telling me that 80% of the Singapore population and those who live in small apartments below 1000sf at The Sail and other D9, 10 and 11 condos are doggies?

Fellow forumers, you now see what kind of shallow person this mongrel called teddybear is. You can mark his words below.

My place got no view but why people willing to pay 8x that of your Regent Heights unit? You has the answer?
    Your a 3+1 but 1163 sqft unit? Wow! 16 years ago they already started building MM 3+1 bedders? Room so small cozy for doggie?

i mentioned many times that i was buying to rent out and that seow kow kept ranting and raving i don't know for what? i used to have some negative opinions about the project, but those stated facts could change if the MC step in to do something. I bought into RH purely for investment and the best part is i can sell anytime now and still make money. I bought an undervalued property which is my gain and somebody's loss, isn't that how the property game works? That mongrel seems buay song that people make money in OCR properties and my two other properties in CCR and RCR does not even give me that fantastic a rental yield compared to RH or my other HDB flat.
    Well it all depends on entry price I guess. Even if RH is not a nice place to stay RELATIVELY ,if its 100-200k cheaper due to firesale it make sense financially even if it's upside potential is relatively lesser.

But Teddy did bring out an impt point on LH house that u might wanna take note. Depreciation of asset. Think this is apparent if property age hits 20plus. U might be having positive cash flow now(relative to entry price) but have to be careful n offload be4 the property turns too old n loses it value. On the depreciation point I agree with Teddy.

Nothing beats rental yield on HDB.

Hahah, that's hitting below the belt. Way too low

Well it all depends on entry price I guess. Even if RH is not a nice place to stay RELATIVELY ,if its 100-200k cheaper due to firesale it make sense financially even if it's upside potential is relatively lesser.

But Teddy did bring out an impt point on LH house that u might wanna take note. Depreciation of asset. Think this is apparent if property age hits 20plus. U might be having positive cash flow now(relative to entry price) but have to be careful n offload be4 the property turns too old n loses it value. On the depreciation point I agree with Teddy.

There are different types of people using this forum. Some to find important info to buy or sell units. Some use it to promote their development so that it gets good response and then prices increase. Once increase, they would quickly sell their unit. Some condemn the development so that no buying activities would happen, then the buyers would buy at a lower price. The cycle continues.

One most important thing to note... Many buyers and sellers don't use this forum. If you realized, we only see the same nicks here.

How do you explain 30 year old HDB flats in Dover and Holland going for $700-800k? What makes a 30 yr old 99yr HDB flat (with no potential of en bloc gain) more attractive to buy compared to a 10 yr old private property (with potential of en bloc gain)? I do not think paying 770k for a 3+1 is expensive by any standards so even if it is 10 yr old, i think it is still a good buy. If everyone has the same thinking that all 99yr LH properties are to be thrown out 20 yr from TOP by owners, then I think in the next 10-20 years, wouldnt there be a mass euphoria of people offloading 20 yr old condos with drastic fall in prices? Do you think that will happen? We are simply a new nation with a lot of things still not tried and tested. I do not rule out the possibility of govt granting an extension of leases, but i think most owners will simply go for the simpler option of en bloc.